[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kelly does it again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 38

File: 960 (1).jpg (168KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
960 (1).jpg
168KB, 960x672px
Kelly does it again
>>
>>92149780
How can one man be so correct?
>>
I don't get what this is referencing.
>>
>>92149910
https://www.aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/its-rush-kill-arkansas-may-have-executed-innocent-man
>>
>>92149910
Arkansas wanted to execute some guy before the expiration date of the drugs used to kill prisoners. and europe stopped selling us the drugs since we use them to execute people
>>
>>92149910
The ACLU is here to save the guy who is about to get executed, the government workers are worried because the death drugs are about to go bad.
>>
I haven't seen a Kelly thread in a while, post the latest strips before someone asks if it's satire.
>>
File: 13123170239017.jpg (28KB, 481x566px) Image search: [Google]
13123170239017.jpg
28KB, 481x566px
>WE GOTTA USE THESE DRUGS TO KILL HIM, IT'S MORE HUMANE
He's gonna fucking die just shoot him
>>
File: 960 (2).jpg (157KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
960 (2).jpg
157KB, 960x672px
>>92150660
i got u senpai
>>
File: 960 (3).jpg (138KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
960 (3).jpg
138KB, 960x672px
>>92150928
>>
File: 960 (4).jpg (187KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
960 (4).jpg
187KB, 960x672px
>>92151011
More here: http://www.theonion.com/graphic/mask-hysteria-55734
>>
>>92150908
Can you imagine being strapped to a table and injected with liquid death? Knowing it's already too late, you only have seconds to live, struggling as hard as you can not to close your eyes, because you know you're never seeing the world again? That's some horrifying shit, honestly. They should let people choose how they prefer to be offed, tbqh.
>>
>>92150908
Or hang him, or use the Guillotine. If properly done and maintained, both methods could be painless, and would therefore not be "cruel and unusual punishment". It's too bad this country's full of prancing bleeding hear hippies who think fee-fees are. Ore important than practicality.
>>
>>92150908
States like the veneer of civility that lethal injection provides. The whole point is to make it seem clean and bloodless so that fewer people object to it.
>>
>>92150908
>>92151230
Honestly lethal injection is less humane than "archaic" forms of execution, it just makes the executioner feel better because it's "cleaner"
>>
>>92150908
>>92151230
A breathing mask with something like carbon monoxide or helium would be better.
>>
Good old crying Lady Liberty.
>>
>>92151118
This one is too true though. Gross out of shape cosplayer aside, the half naked chick will always win over well crafted costumes.
>>
>>92151230
> It's too bad this country's full of prancing bleeding hear hippies who think fee-fees are. Ore important than practicality.
Hippies don't support lethal injection. States use lethal injection so that fence-sitters aren't troubled by executions because it looks neat and medical to them. It's all about the perception of people who think modern execution is somehow civilized just because it's done with an injection instead of a blade or a noose.
>>
>>92151230
Bleeding heart hippies are against the death penalty.
>cause that's also an option, just get rid of the death penalty.
>>
>>92150908
lethal injection is such a fucking joke
>1,054 people have been killed by lethal injection
>75 of them were botched in some way
>7.12% botch rate
shit like the veins blowing and the drugs get injected into the muscle which is extremely painful, they used the wrong drugs, the drugs take hours to kill the person
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/some-examples-post-furman-botched-executions

If we're going to have a death penalty whatever, but end this nonsense of spending millions on these "humane drugs", just fucking hang them.
>>
>>92151855
Why should my tax dollars go to housing and feeding a murderer for decades when we can just put a bullet in his head and be done with it?
>>
>>92151855
I support getting rid of the death penalty if for no other reason than it's actually more expensive to execute them than to lock them up forever. Also I find it weird that the people most afraid of government overreach are the ones who by and large support giving the government the ability to kill.
>>
>>92149956
>>92150031
>>92150043
>drugs may have gone bad
I'd hate to get one of these shots and then die because it expired
>>
>>92151230
>It's too bad this country's full of prancing bleeding hear hippies who think fee-fees are
its too bad 4chan is filled with people who just hurl insults and make sweeping generalizations at anyone who thinks slightly different from them, instead of trying to understand someone else's position
>>
>>92152068
It wouldn't be so expensive if it was just breaking the neck with a rope instead of putting some expensive chemical in.
>>
>>92152012
>Why should my tax dollars go to housing and feeding a murderer for decades when we can just put a bullet in his head and be done with it?
It costs more to execute someone than life in prison

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#62e32269664b
>>
File: IMG_4571.jpg (158KB, 547x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4571.jpg
158KB, 547x640px
>>92151644
Last starwars co this faggot one and there were way better costumes there.
>>
>>92152012
its actually more expensive to execute someone than it is to incarcerate them for life, mainly because of all the guaranteed appeals people on death row get

and despite all that, they've still executed people who later were proven to be innocent
>>
>>92152068
> I support getting rid of the death penalty if for no other reason than it's actually more expensive to execute them than to lock them up forever.
Only because lawyers have tacked on a million unnecessary appeals and other requirements just to milk the whole process for more money. A bullet costs a few cents. Locking someone up for years costs way more than that.
>>
>>92152074
The ideal is that when the state decides that someone should be executed, they don't torture them to death.
>>
>>92152012
With the amount of appeals and housing the prisoner for years before they get executed, it's actually more expensive than if they lived out a life sentence
>>
>>92152012
The possibility he's innocent I guess.
>>
Whats with his obsession with Lady Liberty? Does he have a statue fetish?
>>
>>92152157
Anon said bullet for a reason.
>>
>>92152215
it doesn't bother you at all that they might be executing the wrong guy?

What if you were wrongfully convicted of murder?
>>
>>92152227
> they don't torture them to death.
Why not? These people are the worst scum imaginable. They've earned a painful death a hundred times over.
>>
>>92152155
That's not the source of the cost you idiot, do some actual research. Anyone on death row has the right to appeals courts and legal representation, since you know, if the court fucked up there's no going back. Unless you get rid of the right then execution will always be expensive
>>
>>92152118
>Implying this position has any merit.
There is literally no benefit that the Lethal Injection Holds over other older forms of Excection. The Noose and The Guillotine are all cheaper, more reliable, and more humane than the needle.
>>
>>92150928
i fuggen love Breakfast Burritos
and pancakes
gimme both

Trumps wall is never getting built
>>
>>92152300
replacing lethal injection with a bullet wouldn't speed up the process until the very end
>>
>>92152012

Y'know there's a whole system when it comes to executing somebody. It's a very long and costly system too. It's really just cheaper housing them in prison for life and thanks to our private prison system you can feed your prisoners with grade F mashed potatoes and keep their living expenses down to the penny. Not to mention all those gangwars going on in there will eventually get ol' murdering pete killed too.

Of course if you still want executions you can just do away with the whole process altogether and get right to the bullet, but I just hope you don't mind the state taking innocent lives.
>>
>>92152215
Sounds like it makes more sense to just lock them up forever. It's not like it really changes things except to remove that sometimes-cathartic execution
>>
>>92152314
because smarter people than you wrote the 8th amendment which bans cruel punishments
>>
File: ariel.jpg (33KB, 543x437px) Image search: [Google]
ariel.jpg
33KB, 543x437px
>>92152215
>giving someone the right to appeal a death sentence is just a plot by the lawyers for more money
>>
>>92152249
So don't give them the appeals. Simple.

>>92152307
And what if you wrongfully let a guilty person go? It cuts both ways.
>>
>>92152351
what about

a breakfast burrito

but instead of a tortilla

a pancake
>>
>>92152351
Depends on what he does with the billion or so the new budget allocated to border security
>>
>>92152400
That's not how our judicial system works
>>
>>92152346
I was commenting on your characterization of those who you think support it. It was a ridiculous and unnecessary ad hominem.
>>
>>92152377
It bans cruel and unusual punishments.
Liberals pulled the idea that it bans executions out of their asses. This is why no one trusts liberal judges to actually apply the law, they make up parts just to fit their ideology instead of going with what the law actually says.
>>
>>92152180
Its the Shockmaster!
>>
>>92152400
>dude what if he's actually guilty

Then clearly the prosecution didn't do their fucking jobs, but the point of the system is a presumption of innocence- guilt must be proven.
>>
>>92152513
We're not talking about executions, we're talking about torturing someone to death. I'm not sure how that doesn't fall under cruel punishment
>>
>>92152513
>These people are the worst scum imaginable. They've earned a painful death a hundred times over.
>not cruel
>>
>>92152513
maybe they just think execution is cruel and unusual across the board, regardless of method
>>
>>92152357
Someone who is only locked up can break out and commit crimes again. Or they can pose a danger to prison guards. Someone who is dead and in the ground won't be able to harm anyone.
>>
>>92152513
>Californians decide democracy is a good thing so they have periodic statewide sweeping votes on things
>every time something conservative is approved a liberal judge strikes it down

Always made me chuckle
>>
>>92152012
Most of these guys try to hang themselves. They'd be better off suffering for life in a maximum security prison. They should be forcefully castrated and ammputated imo.
>>
>>92152400
>what if you wrongfully let a guilty person go
you're innocent until proven guilty
>>
>>92152641
Well what if we break their legs?
>>
>>92152513
That's the point of judges though.
>>92152641
Breakout isn't likely though it's not fucking Batman, and the guards sorta signed up for the risk.
>>
>>92152616
Then they are fucking idiots. There is nothing cruel about giving people what they deserve, and execution isn't unusual. It has been practiced for literally thousands of years, and plenty of countries still do it because it works.
>>
>>92152641
when was the last time a murderer escaped an american prison and got away?
>>
>>92152644
>three strike law
>>
>>92152722
> That's the point of judges though.
Bzzzt. Wrong. The point of judges is to apply the law as it is written, not to make up stuff because they don't like the Constitution and think it's "outdated."
>>
>>92152641

The prisoners are more of a danger to themselves than the guards. While I'm not denying that guards can get hurt pretty badly during work but Prisons have gangs in them and they just mostly end up hurting and killing each other.
>>
>>92152644
Prop 8 was declared unconstitutional by a Republican nominated by Reagan
>>
>>92152118
¡Hola Reddit!
>>
Kelly is funny but capital punishment is completely justified when a murderer is given a Harvard education, room and board, a gym, and a doctor on call while most of us are scraping bye.
>>
>>92152834
who are you quoting
>>
File: death.jpg (64KB, 651x441px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
64KB, 651x441px
>>92152737
>plenty of countries still do it because it works.

Yeah this sure is a club of countries that we should want to be a part of
>>
>>92152675
Yeah, and they were proven guilty. That's why we execute them. Are you just pretending to be this retarded?
>>
>>92151427
Death by helium is the most humane
>>
>>92152834
But it's their job to interpret the law
>>
>>92152834

You know that despite the fact that law is written, there still many interpretations of said law right? That's why we have judges. To apply and interpret laws.
>>
>>92152880
>I only have crumbs, so I'm going to get mad that people in prison have a few crumbs too instead of getting mad at people who have the whole pie
>>
>>92152914
Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. I see no problem following their example.
>>
>>92152737
>It has been practiced for literally thousands of years
So has circumcision.
>>
>>92152834
It sounds like your idea of what judges actually do has been shaped by Fox News or something. "so called liberal judges" don't just say they don't like a law and overturn it, and I dare you to find one instance of that happening.
>>
>>92152411
while the idea does hold merit, i prefer a more neutral starch to hold my food like a tortilla or toast or a biscuit. Pancakes are much more savory and i appreciate that on its own merits much more, especially when paired with things like syrup and fruit. which i dont like with things like eggs and breakfast meats and potatoes.
but i will eat them side by side! just not as one item
>>
>>92152951
Should we just give everyone a free pass because (((some people))) have more than everyone else?
>>
>>92152951
The niggas with the pie are the ones giving the guys more crumbs so technically yeah he is.
>>
>>92152920
And the most hilarious.
>>
>>92153036
I'm saying you're focusing on the wrong problems
>>
>>92152314
>why not
Because someone might be innocent.
>>
>>92153024
They invented the idea of a Constitutional right to fag marriage even though neither fags nor marriage are anywhere in the Constitution.
>>
>>92152351
Happy mayo de chenko or whatever.
>>
>>92152443
Probably gonna give it to sessions to fund his war on marijuana.
>>
>>92152443
if that bugest gets passed and even then i doubt his ego or other official will let him spend that much on a useless ego monument. im all but convinced he's given up on it, if it ever happens it will be a token effort at best. though he'll brag about it all the same
>>
>>92152314
It isn't civil. There's a difference between vengeance and justice.
>>
>>92153024
In order to attack Trump's travel restriction they brought in a ton of stuff that wasn't in there at all in order to say that it discriminates against muslims when in fact muslims are never even mentioned in the order.
>>
>>92152513
>Liberals pulled the idea that it bans executions out of their asses.
No one was talking about that, you idiot.
>>
>>92152917
You're a fucking imbecile. Just take a look at the "confirmed guilty" rapists/murders who turned out to be innocent because eye witness testimony is retarded and DNA evidence saved their lives. But I would be for the death penalty so as long retards like you get to hang.
>>
>>92153139
I HAD FAJITAS FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT AND THEY WERE GREAT.
I ATE TIL I WAS OVER FULL AND FARTED THE REST OF THE NIGHT
ALL HAIL OUT MEXICAN OVERLORDS AND THEIR DELICIOUS FOOD THAT GIVES ME GAS
>>
>>92152737
The only people who "deserve" to die are already dying or near to it. The truly unacceptable people deserve a lifetime of suffering, but THAT is what is considered cruel.

Also, there is nothing that proves execution is an effective deterrent for violent crime. The only thing it definitively accomplishes is making further potential crimes committed by the executed thereafter impossible.
>>
>>92153200
good lord that just what we need.
let people get high in peace and hot box the old farts who insist its evil
>>
>>92153134
It guarantees equality under the law. If Mike can marry Sally, but Rachel can't marry Sally, and the only reason is because Rachel is a girl, then they're not being treated equally due to their sex.
>>
>>92149780
maybe I'm crazy but I can never tell what point he is trying to make

Like with old political cartoons I can generally understand what they are trying to communicate even if I disagree or think its dumb

with Kelly I can't even tell if there is actually a message, its like he just throws a bunch of symbolism together in a cartoon but doesn't bother to make sure the symbols have any type of coherent thought
>>
>>92153346
>The only thing it definitively accomplishes is making further potential crimes committed by the executed thereafter impossible.
What, do you need more than that?
>>
>>92153205
If you think a massive infrastructure project like that is an ego project you've ignored his whole thing about putting the working class back to work
>>
>>92153225
Intent is and always has been a completely valid aspect of the constitutionality of something, especially when it comes to discrimination. When you have Giuliani going on TV to say that Trump told him to "make the Muslim ban legal" then that shows pretty clear intent.
>>
>>92151454
she's crying cause her rapist was gonna be next.
>>
File: IMG_4393.jpg (66KB, 536x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4393.jpg
66KB, 536x599px
>>92153137
>When the Jews and insurance companys successfully trick protestants and the us military to promote circumcision
We need to burn Kellogg's to the ground
>>
>>92153389
It's funny because it's illegal because the old farts currently in office wouldn't stop getting high on the white house lawn in the 1970s, causing Nixon to criminalize it so he could jail them.
>>
can we go back to posting kelly comics
>>
>>92153346
> Also, there is nothing that proves execution is an effective deterrent for violent crime.

> The only thing it definitively accomplishes is making further potential crimes committed by the executed thereafter impossible.
That is a perfect deterrent. The chance that they will commit another crime is 0%. No other method has that level of effectiveness.

Also, Japan and Singapore both use the death penalty and crime there is practically non-existent. That's pretty strong evidence to support its effectiveness.
>>
>>92153428
It's totally an ego project.
I mean it might deliver on that but nigger has be lauding his big beautiful penis substitute for 4 fucking years.
>>
>>92153200
From the congressional budget:

>None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used, with respect to any of the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, or with respect to the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico, to prevent any of them from implementing their own laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana.

Basically a fuck you to Sessions
>>
>>92153512
To be fair, that's mostly because their cultural attitude toward immigrations is "Fuck off we're full"
>>
>>92153394
Bzzzt. Wrong. Everyone was already equal under the law. All men were free to marry women, and all women were free to marry men. But equality was never the objective, fags wanted special treatment like they always do.
>>
>>92153412
The joke is that all of Kelly's political stances are informed by his own petty personal whims and desire for comfort rather than by any principles.
In this one he isn't supporting the border wall because he cares about mexicans, he's supporting it because he wanted Pancakes for breakfast.
>>
>>92152866
What's even funnier is realizing that Trump lost hard in California because "conservatives" in the Valley voted against him because they rely on cheap illegals to make maximum money. Pandering to those farmers for 50 years is literally the reason California turned blue through endless illegal migration.

>American business models
>not fucking unsustainably retarded

I'm just waiting on the nuclear war
>>
>>92153512
Singapore isn't a good model for criminal justice at all
>>
>>92153512

Singapore is a pretty authoritarian country though. Since they're a city-state they got a pretty tight ship to run and can't really afford any fucks ups to the point where criticizing the government can land you in jail.
>>
>>92153671
Why not? It has practically no crime. I'd call that a success.
>>
>>92153512
>I have two examples with no greater context

yup that's some really strong evidence you got there

crime rates being low in Japan is probably related to how strong the Yakuza are, powerful organized criminals don't get caught and therefore go unreported and they generally help keep petty criminals down or stop them from sprouting up
>>
>>92153465
There's nothing in the constitution about discrimination in immigration. Judges don't have a right to put Americans at risk because certain kinds of people think it's cool to be a suicide bomber. But frankly Trump should just not let any refugees in at all and laugh at all the tears.
>>
>>92153499
I thought that guy was just about bland cereal and creepy unnecessary butt stuff up to and including removing part of the rectum.
>>
>>92153735
Also Japanese cops will just flat out ignore a case if they think that can't solve it.
>>
>>92153512
>Also, Japan and Singapore both use the death penalty and crime there is practically non-existent
Oh are we playing the fun game of shitty causation/correlation? Every country in the middle east also has the death penalty, I bet there's no crime there either. Switzerland outlawed the death penalty, so I guess they're just a hotbed of crime.
>>
>>92153717
>Singapore is a pretty authoritarian country though.
> implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>92153646
It's reflective of the press 1 for English in the current political climate of vague political promises of simple solutions to complex problems
>>
>>92153512
Wow please tell me more about how great of deterrence it is when you include amazing bastions of justice such as Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, Libya, Somalia, Eygpt, and of course the lovely perfect 100% secure and safe U S of A.
>>
>>92153732
If you don't think that things like personal freedom or justice are important then it's a tremendous success.
>>
>>92153512
>it is a perfect deterrent.
Then why do people still commit crime?
>>
>>92153753
>There's nothing in the constitution about discrimination in immigration.
You can't discriminate by religion. That's been repeatedly shown to be supported by the first amendment.
>>
>>92153892
because they aren't being put to death after their first. that's what was being said in the post you replied to.
>>
>>92153808

Whether you personally think an authoritarian government is a good thing or not it wont work in the states since the concept of personal liberty is etched into the country's history.
>>
>>92153528
So all major infrastructure projects are actually ego projects then. I guess Obama fucked up not naming all those new bridges and roads his bailout built after himself.

>>92153597
Who really cares when those same assholes encouraged Obama to keep it criminalized at the federal level? They only give a fuck about their voters when they want something from them.
>>
>>92153879
It has plenty of personal freedom and justice, just not for criminals. Singapore represents what you can achieve if you don't fall for the liberal bullshit about a criminal's rights being more important than those of a law abiding citizen.
>>
>>92153753
America doesn't have a foreign terrorism problem, it has a deomestic terrorism problem.
>>
>>92153947
You should be executed desu. Already notifed the FBI about your harddrive, prepare to be vanned.
>>
>>92153512
The whole fucking point of a deterrent is to stop MORE people from wanting to do thing, not to stop the guy they already fucking caught from doing thing, as they, obviously, can already stop him from doing goddamn anything.

Also, Japan is a special snowflake anomaly that is too complex of a situation for me to redpill you on, and Singapore is a shithole that no one can or should aspire to be like. Regardless, neither would count as evidence even if I disregard my previous sentence. Get me some peer-reviewed studies on crime rates and shit. I can tell you right now that if you perform such a study in the USA it's not going to help your position.
>>
>>92153947
ok by that logic then life in prison without parole is also a perfect deterrent so it's a moot point
>>
>>92153137
global rule 3
>>
>>92153896
The first amendment relates to your freedom of worship, not your freedom to move into the united states. Under such a retarded interpretation we might as well claim a desire to deport illegals is motivated by anti-Catholic bias and block it on those grounds. That's not how things work.
>>
>>92153896
Islam isn't a religion, it's a political ideology. The first amendment doesn't say anything about that.

>>92153983
> the concept of personal liberty is etched into the country's history.
Personal liberty for law-abiding citizens, not the criminals and illegals that liberals hold above the rest of us.
>>
>>92153808
in the view of most westerners it is

although I don't necessarily agree with that view and I think the majority of people only think that cause they were taught so in school and have never given a seconds thought to the legitimate cost benefit differences between forms of democracy and forms of authoritarianism
>>
>>92152923
The thing is it's really not. It's just how things kind of drifted, it's a power that has been assumed that was never intended.

The law is pretty explicitly written. There's very little up for interpretation, or at least there wasn't, but most laws haven't been updated into modern English and while the definition and use of words has changed, these laws have stayed exactly the same on paper. Even new laws are often drafted in similarly obtuse and antiquated diction.

Judges were simply to carry out the law as it was written, not interpret it. It's why a Judge is so hard to get rid of once appointed, only the most honorable and trustworthy men were to be appointed judges, which was an optimistic assumption at best.

The judicial branch wasn't really a check or balance, it was just the executioner, pardon the pun. It assumed the role of a check on both the executive and legislative branch, but it has in reality nothing to balance out its own power, since the only route is impeachment of judges who overstep their bounds.
Which is really really hard to do, almost as hard as impeaching the president.
>>
>>92154016
i expect their arrival. i have nothing to hide and will have no problem proving so. you on the other hand might want to get rid of some of the stuff in your house. especially the stuff you have "hidden"
>>
>>92153991
I enjoy not living in a thinly veiled one party state thank you very much.
>>
>>92153997
>hey guys this muslim guy was born here! Domestic terror is the threat!

The domestic terror exists because we let the foreigners of questionable cultural backgrounds enter in the first place.
>>
File: 1493846581070.jpg (20KB, 623x473px) Image search: [Google]
1493846581070.jpg
20KB, 623x473px
>>92152914
China is basically a superpower, I don't see your point, faggot.
>>
>>92152996
Japan also has an incredibly strict gun control laws and harsh punishments for those who break them.
which plays a large factor as well
>>
>>92151969
>firing squad
>0% botch rate
looks like we've got our answer boys
>>
>>92154098
>Islam isn't a religion
Neither is scientology but we still let those crazy fucks do whatever they want, up to and including human trafficking and murder.
>>
>>92154210
Honduras has incredibly strict gun control too and it's the murder capital of the world.
>>
>>92153990
The wall isn't infrastructure. It isn't necessary to the operation of American society, since by definition it would be outside of America unless you actually live near the border in which case fuck you, you now live in Mexico. Unless you want to bend over backwards to say that muh Mexicans are making it impossible for America to function as a society. It wouldn't even prevent the problem it is meant to combat since most illegal immigrants cross legally and just don't leave when their visa expires.

it's just autofellatio.
>>
File: 1434130379591.png (465KB, 619x481px) Image search: [Google]
1434130379591.png
465KB, 619x481px
>>92152996
Japan also has a 98% conviction rate because proving yourself innocent isn't enough to not be sentenced, you also have to prove someone else guilty.
They also have an appealingly high suicide rate, and tend to call unexplainable deaths with no evidence suicide since they can't prove someone did it, and really like their 98% conviction rate.

Also a very large organized crime syndicate, who have a surprisingly low body count for how notoriously violent these guys are.

Really makes me think.
>>
>>92153624
why does gay marriage bother you?

in what way does it harm you
>>
>>92154116
The check on the power of the judiciary is to simply refuse to enforce their rulings, which is a power assumed by President Jackson in reaction to the judges being cunts. Also in theory Congress can just keep passing laws to keep the judiciary busy.
>>
>>92153512
>using Japan of all places as a beacon of justice
They have a small crime rate because they either don't report anything, thinking it'll bring great shame on them and their family, or because they're giving at least as much as they're getting and don't want to bust themselves
>>
>>92152377
I don't know. imprisoning someone for life seems like the cruelest possible punishment.
>>
>>92154153
But most american donestic terrorists aren't muslims but racist white guys.
>>
>>92154261
Allowing liberals to get away with making up rights out of thin air is harmful in the long run.
>>
>>92153808
it is a bad thing

what do you do when the authoritarian government decides to murder your family?
>>
>>92151202
Until all my years of substance abuse pay off and my body filters out and survives the poison, then they have to release me because they already performed the execution.
>>
>>92154116
the check on its own power is its inability to act independently and that its merely interpreting what others have said/written

any ruling of the court can be over come with a newly written law or a constitutional amendment something they have no power in

also don't give me the founder didn't intend this crap, the Judicial Branch has had its current power since as close to the beginning as they could get, literal founder were still holding office at the time and agreed that was in fact the purpose and role of the court
>>
>>92154091
>The first amendment relates to your freedom of worship, not your freedom to move into the united states.

>no person shall receive any preference or priority or be discriminated against in the issuance of an immigrant visa because of the person’s race, sex, nationality, place of birth, or place of residence.
-U.S. Code § 1152 - Numerical limitations on individual foreign states

>>92154098
>Islam isn't a religion
I didn't realize I was arguing with this level of stupid
>>
>>92154155
>superpower
>can't make modern engines
>can't make carriers without ramps
>can't project power because everyone hates them and won't let them use their ports
>have to resort to building islands so they can project power
>housing bubble that makes Canada look competent
>superpower
>>
>>92154376
> it is a bad thing

Watch LoGH.

A competently run authoritarian state beats democracy any day.
>>
>>92149780
Canadian here.

I doubt I'll get a serious answer due to the /pol/ and anti-/pol/ crowd here, but who's this Kelly artist, and why does he always draw himself in his strips?
>>
>>92151230
>Guillotine
>painless

Figures historical edgelords wouldn't touch a single history book.
>>
>>92154098
>Personal liberty for law-abiding citizens
and what do you when the authoritarian state changes the law making you a criminal because you were born into the wrong religion?
>>
>>92154244
yeah, its like laws don't matter when you nation is already over run by criminals or something

also its much easier to enforce bans on substances or items when you're an island nation, its much harder to smuggle something into Japan than Honduras or the USA
>>
>>92154255
>proving yourself innocent isn't enough to not be sentenced, you also have to prove someone else guilty
Wait for real? That's retarded
>>
>>92154356
This is a good thread. This is a good post. You're good at being an anon.

>>92154359
This is true but not in the way you think. The real reason it's bad is because of "right-alinskyism". Society functions because conservatives generally try to uphold things as they traditionally have been while liberals shit all over it. When conservatives become like /pol/ is and subscribe to Alinsky's rules- that is, the rules of ruthless revolution and abandonment of standards- then society is going to implode.
>>
>>92154461
right, and Superman will beat a US Marine any day, but that doesn't mean Superman is real.
>>
>>92154271
Jackson hated the courts unless they were doing what he wanted. Jackson was an american war hero and war criminal who use to let people have the first shot in a duel.
>don't use andrew jackson as a role model, Jackson was a freak of nature.
>>
>>92154359
>b-but teh liberals!
>>
>>92154534
>yeah, its like laws don't matter when you nation is already over run by criminals or something

> nations with strict gun control are overrun by criminals
Hmmmm, I wonder if there's a connection there...
>>
>>92154462
Kelly is a persona adopted by a cartoonist for the Onion. He parodies political cartoons by making politics all about what he (Kelly) would personally benefit from at any given moment.
>>
>>92154437
So looks like no more refugees ever then. Sounds good.
>>
>>92154359
>muh slippery slope
no, that's fucking wrong. Consider each argument on its own merits not on "well if we let them do X one day they might do Y".

If X makes sense then let them do X, when they come forward with Y and it doesn't make sense then don't let them do Y.
>>
>>92154577
He is a role model, you're just a fucking pussy.

>but Mr. Jackson the bankers won't like that!

If people like you had your way we'd still be sucking shit out of rich people's assholes.
>>
>>92154484
>M-m-muh French Revolution
It's funny you talk about history because if you pained any attention to it, you would know that the Guillotine had actually been invented to
Be more human and painless than the methods of execution at the time.

It's just that Robespierre, ever the paranoid, over-used the damn thing so much that he didn't leave time to sharpen the blades In between executions, resulting in botched jobs.
>>
>>92154359
you didn't answer the question, in what way does gay marriage harm you
>>
>>92153428
you can put the middle class back to work by investing government money in businesses that create jobs for the middle class to fill and levy taxes against those to export jobs over seas and use illegal labor. but trump wont do that because itd hurt his freinds and him
so
wall
>>
>>92154667
>it's not a slippery slope because I say so
>>
>>92154643
That's kind of neat I suppose.

It's hard to te what's real and what's satire in these topsy-turvy times.
>>
>>92154667
What rock have you been living under? Just look at how hard liberals have been pushing to get men into women's restrooms. You give liberals an inch, they take a mile.
>>
>>92154461
>authoritarianism is good because it worked in an anime
authoritarianism is bad because it failed in real life and led to the deaths of millions of innocent people
>>
Neo/pol/ are beta bitches irl. The foaming at the mouth on online basket-weaving forums are just their stress relief for getting cucked every day
>>
File: ahcap.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ahcap.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>92154705
>If people like you had your way we'd still be sucking shit out of rich people's assholes.
this post is a work of art
>>
>>92154546
Phoenix Wright is based on actual Japanese court, it's not just some silly work of fiction, rather it's just a parody of how retarded Japan's legal system is.

It's why one of the earlier cases in the game can still be failed in the court room if you prove your client innocent, but fail to get the evidence you need to prove someone else guilty/get the right info out of them to prove them guilty in the court case.
>>
>>92154749
>trump isn't going to do anything about illegals and job outsourcing because that would hurt his friends

Guess I'm voting for literally hitler in 2020 then.
>>
>>92154632
>being this stupid

god help us, people with this level of mental capacity is why democracy is a mistake
>>
>>92154800
No, communism did that. The left did that. Authoritarianism without the left is fine. Democracy with the left is death.
>>
>>92154788
it seems more like they're pushing to not have penis inspectors stationed at every restroom
>>
>>92154546
The most successful defense lawyer in Japan has kept 3 of his clients out of jail. He's defended hundreds of clients over dozens of years.
>>
>>92153624
how is getting marred like everyone else special treatment and non equality
>>
>>92154461
>watch LoGH
this is literally on the level of "real communism has never been tried", sure an enlightened despot is in theory an ideal political system but it never works out that way in real life because power corrupts. And even if you do get super lucky and end up with a good king who genuinely does care what do you do when he dies? You can't just go with his son, because history has an endless list of shit hereditary monarchs who inherited their kingdoms from great kings then ran it into the ground, and you can't go with a one party oligarchy because that's how you end up with corrupt hacks selling the country to the highest bidder, or extremely ruthless political operators like stalin and mao.
>>
>>92154705
>actually thinks Jackson was a good president

popular =/= good

like you do realize that he ruined the nations economy right? Like the 08 crash was a joke compared to the financial ruin he caused basically because he didn't get how banks work
>>
File: Oz.jpg (56KB, 596x444px) Image search: [Google]
Oz.jpg
56KB, 596x444px
>>92154461
>Basing your political beliefs on an anime
>>
>>92152351

I love them both, but the best breakfast ever is creamed beef on toast
>>
>>92154903
You're a deluded weeb who thinks his fictional animoe politics is how it works in real life. Please consider suicide you manchild.
>>
File: 1398472814010.jpg (159KB, 825x793px) Image search: [Google]
1398472814010.jpg
159KB, 825x793px
>>92154903
>Authoritarianism without the left is fine
>>
>>92154903
>what is fascism
>>
>>92155032
BRITBONGS LEAVE AND TAKE YOUR SHIT FOOD WITH YOU
>>
>>92153508
i thought it was also because weed could be used as a cheap substitute for paper and cloth which caused lobbyists in those sectors to push for its criminalization so it couldnt be used as such in high numbers
>>
>>92155002
>You can't just go with his son, because history has an endless list of shit hereditary monarchs who inherited their kingdoms from great kings then ran it into the ground
History also contains plenty of examples of monarchy working just fine. It's how most of the world functioned before liberalism showed up.

> stalin and mao.
And guess what they had in common? That's right, they were leftists. The left is the problem, not authoritarianism.
>>
>>92155015
He was good, you're just a huge cocksucker.
>>
>>92155134
A buzz word that leftists apply to anything they don't like.

>>92155177
No, it's so that we could lock up the leftists who were trying to hand the country over to the Soviets.
>>
>>92152297
I can't see her upper lip as anything but a tiny mustache.
>>
>>92155182
>the left is the problem not authoritarianism
so you think Nazism was fine?
Do you think saudi arabia's absolute monarchy is a good model of government?
>>
>>92153512
>Also, Japan and Singapore both use the death penalty and crime there is practically non-existent.
protip: thats not only because of the death penalty. have much stricter laws and fierce persecution
also most of their crime comes from organized crime syndicates that avoid the law anyway because corruption
>>
>>92154905
damn, i'll miss the old penis inspectors. it was always a special time when you were picked to be inspected.
>>
>>92154903
>>92154800
>two retards with USA high school level understandings of history arguing

I'm not sure which one of you is more wrong, but please continue your point where you ignore most of human history, focus on distorted examples and pleasantly ignore the fact that democracy is just as responsible for atrocities as any other form of government
>>
>>92155177
that's hemp, same species but different strain

like cabbage and broccoli
>>
>>92155177
this. one specific senator had recently made a lucrative arrangement with a cotton farm and was afraid the cheaper, easier to work with hemp fibres would undermine his prospective profits

then there was all this after-the-fact rationalizing about how weed makes white women crave black and mexican cock
>>
>>92151644
>nerds think with their dicks
>somehow the woman's fault
>>
>>92155273
>fascism is a buzzword
please tell me you're pretending to be retarded
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Fascism
>>
>>92153511
no this is how Kelly threads go. you should know this by now
>>
>>92155342
>taking advantage of a bunch of horny virgins just to have 15 minutes of attention
Women are pitiful.
>>
>>92155383
sometimes they're nice

but usually this happens
>>
>>92155212
name one good thing he did

not a popular thing that he did, something that actually made the nation a better place

I suppose he was strong on the annulment crisis, that was good, name two then
>>
>>92155177
That other anon is confused. Weed was originally made illegal because of cotton, paper, tobacco, and alcohol industrialists who saw it as competition, but what he's referring to is Nixon starting the war on drugs

>You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities, we could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.

-Former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman
>>
>>92155298
> so you think Nazism was fine?
It took a nation in chaos and ruins, one that had been practically destroyed by leftist misrule, and turned it into a world power that could fight for years against vastly larger enemies. I'd call that pretty damn fine.

> Do you think saudi arabia's absolute monarchy is a good model of government?
They're muslims, so they're little different from the leftists like Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and others.
>>
File: 1493979669364.jpg (52KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
1493979669364.jpg
52KB, 300x339px
>>92155379
I think you might be retarded, lad.

Neo-leftists call anyone who leans to the right of "communist" a fascist.
>>
>>92155417
inb4 trail of tears
>>
>>92155317
the benefit of democracy is that if you get a shit leader you can peacefully get rid of him in a few years

in an authoritarian system if you get a shit leader you either have to wait until he dies with no guarantee the next guy will be any better, or stage a revolution to overthrow him which will throw your country into chaos and cost many innocent lives, and then there's STILL no guarantee the next guy will be any better

were you actually trying to make a point, or just butt into a discussion when you have nothing to say other than "look at me guys I'm so above all this"
>>
>>92155534
It was a good thing despite your fucking "fee fees"

Sure a bunch of natives died, but it gave the US a shitload of land and helped consolidate it as a superpower.
>>
>>92155565
>the benefit of democracy is that if you get a shit leader you can peacefully get rid of him in a few years
That's not an advantage, since a democracy is guaranteed to give you a shit leader every time. The masses just vote for whoever gives them the most free stuff. This is why the popular vote is total shit.
>>
File: german breakup.jpg (155KB, 1024x870px) Image search: [Google]
german breakup.jpg
155KB, 1024x870px
>>92155453
>pretty
>damn
>fine
>>
>>92155453
>>so you think communism was fine?
It took a nation in chaos and ruins, one that had been practically destroyed by a shity monarchie and turned it into a world power that could fight for years against vastly larger enemies. I'd call that pretty damn fine.
Kek.
>>
>>92155417
Killed the bank.
>>
File: teddy.jpg (19KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
teddy.jpg
19KB, 400x439px
>>92155648
>a democracy is guaranteed to give you a shit leader every time
excuse me?
>>
>>92155665
And it took almost the entire rest of the world teaming up against Germany to do that.
>>
>>92155443
how does that make any sense?
marijuana was around before those things.
>>
>>92155648

Good luck finding your benevolent dictator then. He won't be here in your life time.
>>
>>92155723

that sent the US into the worst depression they had experienced until the Great Depression.

the annulment crisis and delaying a civil war is legit tho
>>
>>92155565
>thinks government is that simple
>thinks the leaders of democracies peacefully step down

I mean it good and impressive that the USA has been doing that for a couple of centuries but that in no way describes democracies in general, in fact its far more the exception than the rule

also your over simplifying for example while we technically elect people in the USA we aren't really electing people at all, we are electing parties and the parties control what is going on not individuals we have chosen, at least most of the time
>>
>>92155752
He wanted socialized medicine. He was shit.
>>
>>92155752
America isn't a democracy and thank fucking God for that. That fact has saved the nation from destruction twice in the last 20 years alone.
>>
>>92155453
>nation lasted a total of 12 years
>pretty damn fine
it's actually a perfect example of how terrible authoritarian leadership can be, since if you get a really bad leader, it can literally destroy the country before a kid gets their first boner.
>>
>>92155793
It existed, but it wasn't popular in the US until the early 20th century. It used to only be called cannabis in English until the powers that be got the term "marijuana" popular to make it sound more Mexican and therefor scarier.
>>
>>92155453
>improve economy by spending 50% of GDP on military buildup
>borrow heavily to pay for it
>pay off the loans by selling off Austria's gold reserves
>continue to pay for it by stealing everything not nailed down in every country you invade

>turn into a world power that then declares war against the whole world (again) and lose (again) except this time they don't let you keep your country

>also kill millions of your own people just because lol
>kill millions of civilians outside of your borders just because lol
>kill millions of german soldiers and wind up getting all of the women in eastern germany raped by slavs while the country winds up even more devastated than it was before you took office
>then kill yourself and blame your people for being too weak to fulfill your MASTER PLAN

you'd call that pretty damn fine? Authoritarianism literally destroyed Germany, there was no Germany for almost 50 years after that.
>>
>>92156014

also Hemp was a minor cash crop
>>
>>92155782
>declare war on the whole world for no reason
>lose
>lol took the whole world to kill me
>>
>>92155848
you keep saying the parties as if they're some nebulous thing, they're not. The parties are the people who make them up, no one's stopping you from becoming active in party politics and deciding who gets put forward.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>
>>92156169
if the whole world hadn't smeared him into a grease stain on europe's ass, how would things be different now?
>>
>>92155849
yeah god forbid we become like the rest of the civilized world instead of paying more for worse care
>>
>>92156126
hemp was a big deal, like growing cannabis for smoking is a much more recent thing, hemp for rope was fucking huge, especially when the way ships used to work was reliant of a literal fuck ton of rope
>>
>>92156169
France and Britain were the ones that declared war on Germany, not the other way around.
>>
>>92156238
This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread mr. redditor.
>>
>>92156330
and germany declared war on poland, their ally

also germany declared war on denmark, norway, the netherlands, belgium, the soviet union, and america
>>
>>92155398
>giving 15 minutes of attention to any old whore just because you're a horny virgin
Almost as pitiful as men.
>>
>>92156281
> paying more
Thanks to obamacare jacking up premiums to ridiculous levels.

> for worse care
US healthcare is still the best in the world, just look at the number of people who fly into the US every year to get healthcare.
>>
>>92156228
they aren't nebulous but they aren't simple, they are complex, arcane and insular literally designed to keep themselves run by the people who currently run them

I know, I have tried my hand at party politics, its quite annoying.

Joining and having a voice isn't hard, trying to make a change is near impossible
>>
>>92152297
She's French. Maybe he like chicks with hairy armpits.
>>
>>92156281
The rest of the world freeloads off of the US. They can afford to pay for public healthcare because the US is footing the bill for their defense. And on top of that, it's the US that funds all the medical research that the rest of the world benefits from because the US is one of the few places where healthcare is a profitable business and thus funds new R&D.
>>
>>92156410
>just look at the number of people who fly into the US every year to get healthcare.
Meanwhile, millions of US Citizens with the same afflictions suffer and die without it because they can't afford it.
>>
>>92156540
Meanwhile, millions outside of the US with the same afflictions suffer and die without it because they're stuck waiting for months on end thanks to rationing.
>>
>>92152737
>plenty of countries still do it because it works.
So those countries are free of crime just like the United States, right?
>>
>>92156410
US medicine is the best in the world if you can afford top tier healthcare, which the vast majority cannot. The problem is not Obamacare, the problem is the uninsured, or underinsured.

People can't afford to visit a doctor for easily treatable medical conditions, so they're allowed to fester to the point where they need to be hospitalized and get expensive interventions, then when they get a bill they can't pay they simply don't and the costs are passed on to everyone else. That's why you have to pay $300 to get your lab tests done. It's not because obama pulled a lever and jacked it up. What did you think the bill fairy just came down and took care of those unpaid medical bills for us? No WE already fucking pay for everyone else's medicine, its just done in the most retarded and expensive way.

For instance medicaid wont pay for a doctor's visit to talk to about weight loss and improving diet, but it will pay for a $10,000 surgery to remove your foot once you've developed diabetes.

Universal healthcare would be so much cheaper, reduce the disparity between rich and poor, and improve quality of life. Its not a left-right thing, its a common sense thing.
>>
>>92156429
what have you done?

>>92156507
I agree with you in that its silly how large a share of NATO we pay, that was one of the few things I agreed with trump on during the campaign. But SURPRISE SURPRISE he immediately backed away from that as soon as he got into office, now he loves NATO, doesn't care that our allies aren't paying, and wants to expand our already ridiculously bloated military even more. Hooray!
>>
File: american healthcare.jpg (100KB, 750x1078px) Image search: [Google]
american healthcare.jpg
100KB, 750x1078px
>>92156668
>For instance medicaid wont pay for a doctor's visit to talk to about weight loss and improving diet, but it will pay for a $10,000 surgery to remove your foot once you've developed diabetes.
And that's a perfect argument for getting rid of it. Why should my tax dollars go to some fatass who abuses the fuck out of his body?
>>
>>92156599
>t. someone who has never lived in a country with nationalized medicine

Tell me more about countries you've never lived in. I bet there are entire cities in Europe that have been taken over by bands of marauding Muslim rapists.
>>
>>92156507
>"defense"
yeah sure its important that we have enough nukes to incinerate the world 500 times over, how else could we protect Estonia

there is some truth to your point, but the military budget isn't over sized because of foreign entanglements, its over sized because of the military industrial complex

and while its true that the current healthcare system funds R&D well that doesn't mean research wouldn't happen in a different system, honest the US government doesn't give out nearly enough research grant money as it is when you consider the other things they spend time on
>>
>>92156766
What about the single mother working two jobs to get by who gets Lymphoma? Should she just die?
>>
>>92156109
Well FDR did pretty much the same thing, except without killing citizens, winning, and Japanese instead of jews were imprisoned.
>>
>>92152118
>its too bad the world is filled with people who just hurl insults and make sweeping generalizations at anyone who thinks slightly different from them, instead of trying to understand someone else's position
FTFY
>>
>>92156852
careful anon, single mothers are literally the devil to these people
>>
>>92156801
>and while its true that the current healthcare system funds R&D well that doesn't mean research wouldn't happen in a different system
No, the fact that it's going on in the US and not elsewhere is what means that research wouldn't happen under a different system. If those other nations with socialized medicine could have R&D, why don't they? Because there's no money in it in those countries. Duh.
>>
>>92156852
> BUT WHO WILL PAY FOR SHANIQUA'S TWELTH KID?!?!?!?!
>>
>>92156766
>get rid of his medicare
>he goes to a hospital when his foot becomes necrotic
>doctors have a duty to act and remove his foot
>they send him a bill in the mail for $10,000
>he can't pay it, and doesn't
Now what? You can't repossess medical care, so the hospital is going to get its $10,000 back by charging everyone else more for routine things. Currently just going to an ER and talking to a doctor costs around $800, that's without any kind of intervention, you just talked to a doctor and they gave you some advice. Under your plan that cost would only increase.

But wait, you might be saying, I have insurance so that doesn't really worry me. Ok but the insurance now has to pay more for the medical bills its getting from those hospitals so its going to jack up your rates to cover those higher expenses.

You pay for it one way or another, better to pay for it in a way where people can get help sooner rather than later. In medicine the longer you wait on a problem the worse it gets. The worse it gets, the longer and more expensive the recovery.
>>
>>92156742
basically a bit of fighting in the Michigan Democratic Party, elections following the defeated in 2016

Amusingly enough getting smashed just made the leadership more resistant to new or different ideas
>>
>>92156882
FDR dragged the depression out with absurd government spending because he forgot that when you're in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging. Instead he just kept spending the country deeper into a hole.
>>
>>92155521
Holy shit how delided are you? Fascism was an actual thing with historical precedent you moron.
>>
>>92152400
>And what if you wrongfully let a guilty person go? It cuts both ways.
Still nowhere as bad as the state murdering an innocent person. Not even in the ballpark.
>>
>>92156979
All that can be avoided here
> doctors have a duty to act and remove his foot
Don't have this part, and it stops being an issue.
>>
>>92156933
because the best option for research is the USA

are you stupid? Everyone does it in the USA cause its the best option, but if the USA stopped being the best option that doesn't mean the research just stops

Like why would anyone with half a brain go research anywhere else or anyway else so long as the US government is cool with bleeding people dry just to fund that research
>>
>>92157084
you're literally saying they should throw out the Hippocratic Oath
>>
>>92156882
FDR didn't start the war just for fun, America was attacked by Japan and then Germany declared war on it. The deaths of all the americans in WW2 is really regrettable and unfortunate, WW2 never should have happened, but it did. Thanks Germany.

Also I'm not going to defend japanese internment, it too never should have happened, but it was not on the same level as the holocaust.
>>
>>92157109
>but if the USA stopped being the best option that doesn't mean the research just stops
Yes, it does stop, because if it isn't profitable, it doesn't happen. You think people do this shit out of the goodness of their hearts? Don't be naive. Research happens because there is money to be made doing it. Take that away, and you won't have people bothering to do medical R&D because there is no incentive anymore.
>>
>>92156900
I like to think I try
>>
>>92157187
>America was attacked by Japan
Because the US cut off trade with Japan

> then Germany declared war on it.
Because they were a part of the Axis with Japan.
>>
>>92157186
yes, the hippopotamus oath is ruining modern medicine.
>>
>>92157084
>get into a car accident
>have severe lacerations and a concussion that rendered you unconscious
>paramedics pull you out of the vehicle and decided to transport you to the hospital after finding your wallet and taking $400 from it
>when you get to the hospital they refuse to accept you because there's no money left and you're not conscious to get more from an ATM.
>die from a cranial hemorrhage
>>
>>92157186
The hippocratic oath also says
"I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. "
Yet liberals always ignore that part.
>>
>>92157331
works for me, maybe you shouldn't be allowing yourself to get into auto accidents willy nilly.
>>
>>92157273
ok, and?
>>
>>92157194
yup

all that research that goes on in history, physics, biology, geology, chemistry 100% profit driven

there isn't an ounce of research that ever occurs that isn't completely about making a dollar

that rover we got on Mars, raking in the cash

Should I explain what a grant is and how it works? Do you need me to do that?
>>
>>92157331

He should've paid for his Bronze tier "Mcdonalds I'm loving it (TM)" health insurance membership.
>>
>>92152400
>And what if you wrongfully let a guilty person go?
You dumbass. They're still going to be in jail for 20 years to life if they get convicted, death penalty or no death penalty. Where the fuck does "let a guilty person go" factor into it?
>>
>>92157353
they ignore it because it's not in the modern version

although I'm sure there's some "Ancient Greek originalists" out there
>>
>>92152314
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent
>>
>>92157353
What if the abortion is to prevent the death of the mother when the fetus has already died?
checkmate Hippocrates
>>
>>92153947
Why wait for the their first crime? Why not just kill people who MIGHT commit crimes? Murderous idiots like you go first.
>>
>>92157510
That's not an abortion, then. Abortion is when the fetus dies, whether by natural causes or outside intervention. In your scenario the fetus has already been aborted and needs to be removed.
>>
>>92157554
if it's the law, then yes. i'll step forward and accept my punishment. the point is the complete destruction of crime. so i can either live and possibly die in a crime ridden shithole or die witnessing a justice ruled utopia.
>>
>>92157505
> the guardian
Yet liberals bitch whenever someone posts something from the daily mail even though they read something even worse.
>>
>>92154725

That's the problem you dipshit. A sharp guillotine won't kill immediately. The head will stay alive due to a lack of shock or trauma.
>>
>>92157582
ok, then the fetus is still alive but is nonviable and would die shortly after its birth (lets say it has tay sachs disease)
>>
>>92157630
The Guardian didn't do the study, it's just reporting on it.
>>
File: fallout 3 endings.png (217KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 3 endings.png
217KB, 500x298px
>>92157630
I love british journalism
>>
File: 1493330340620.gif (682KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493330340620.gif
682KB, 540x540px
>>92155032
>I love a bland piece of stale toast with flavorless shit and beef poured over it

E N G L I S H C U I S I N E
>>
File: 0006.png (228KB, 780x469px) Image search: [Google]
0006.png
228KB, 780x469px
Glorious justice for all!
>>
>>92155944
>America isn't a democracy
This is by far the stupidest meme on /pol/---and that's saying something. You should have failed high school civics if you believe this.
>>
>>92157396
America provoked japan into war because America was lend leasing Britain. Thus Britain owed America money. And I don't think Germany would repay the lend lease if they conquered Britain.

America wanted to get into the war to ensure they got the money from lend lease. And pissing off Japan was the easiest way of doing it as America hold Japan's navy by the balls with oil.
>>
>>92153512
>teenaged /pol/ edgelord thinks he knows anything about how the world functions
>>
>>92158220
it wasn't American planes that bombed pearl harbor anon
>>
>>92158313
Japan also warned about pearl harbor before doing it.

Also, if Germany won, do you think it would pay back the billions of lend lease items Britain owed to the US?
>>
File: owthedge.jpg (29KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
owthedge.jpg
29KB, 400x366px
>>92152314
>>
>>92158425
>Japan also warned about pearl harbor before doing it.
wrong, the message delivered from the Japanese embassy to the State Depratment was not a declaration of war, it merely stated that the Japan was withdrawing from negotiations to withdraw from China in exchange for lifting of the embargo. It also wasn't delivered until after the attack on Pearl Harbor had already commenced. And btw, giving a loan to someone fighting a third party is not a declaration of war on the third party.
>>
>>92157623
You are the definition of a cuck.
>>
>>92158516
no. i have a very strict sense of law and the need to have it enforced. if you can't handle the rules gtfo of the country.
>>
>>92158560
What if it's against the law to leave the country?
>>
>>92158597
then you get the death you deserve.
>>
>>92158214
The US is not a democracy. Look up the electoral college. If anyone here failed high school civics, it's all of you idiots bitching about the popular vote when the popular vote DOES NOT MATTER.
>>
>>92158501
The military industrial complex known as the US would not like to see billions in loans gone because they bet for the wrong side.

They supplied Japan with most of its oil. Cutting that would provoke japan into playing the first move. And give America a reason to go into the war to aid Britain and defeat Germany and ensure Britain, and the rest of western Europe, would pay back the US through the lend lease and repairs.

Then the US would defeat Japan, who attacked the US first in the first place.

Most of the US didn't want war. But the people who were part of Lend Lease did. To ensure they got money.
>>
>>92158560
>i have a very strict sense of law
No, you`ll just follow any positive law the state impose upon you.
>>
>>92154546
It's the Asian culture of saving face. A crime has been committed and "someone" must be guilty of it.

Sure this guy has no connection the the victim and watertight alibis that place him in another timezone at the time of the crime, but he's the only person accused and "someone" must have committed the crime. Otherwise the court system will lose face if a crime goes unpunished.

Besides, the judge just got a new car paid for by his close friend Akihito '7 fingers' Honda and he's in a rush to see his children.
>>
>>92158716
Japan attacking the US wouldn't give the US an excuse to go to war with Germany. The axis wasn't a concrete alliance, Germany was only obligated to go to war if Japan was attacked. It wasn't, it was the attacker. Germany didn't need to declare war on the US, it just did because the Japanese played them as payback for the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, which the Japanese had seen as a betrayal.
>>
>>92156393
>>92155398
>>92155342
>>92151644
The eternal wobbly reproduction dance
>>
>>92158705
The United States is a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY you dipshit. If it wasn't a democracy we wouldn't have a popular vote at all. The EC is another layer of bureaucracy that weights certain votes and negates others, but it's still a democracy. I know you people are desperate to legitimize a leader who doesn't have popular support, but all you're doing is making fools of yourselves.
>>
>>92158705
The US IS a democracy, just not a pure democracy. It's a Representative democracy in most cases.
The Electoral College has an expectation to represent how its people voted.
>>
>>92158778
i'd follow all law, positive or negative. if i didn't like the law i'd still follow it and try to change it by rising through the ranks. just because you don't like a law doesn't mean you can not follow it.
>>
>>92150908
To be honest, I'd rather be shot than injected with the needle. I am afraid of needles
>>
>>92158716
>imagine you're a country
>you invade a second country
>a third country says hey you shouldn't have invaded them, I'm not gonna trade with you unless you withdraw
>instead of agreeing to withdraw you declare war on the third country in a sneak attack even though you have absolutely no hope of winning
>it was actually the third country's fault that you decided to declare war on them
>>
>>92158948
>>92158957
Representative democracy is a contradiction in terms.
>>
>>92158871
That doesn't explain why the US focused mostly on Germany before attacking Japan, who attacked first.

The US could have taken out or atleast push Japan back much farther before attacking Germany.
>>
>>92159016
haven't you heard, anon? The Axis were totally innocent and simply defending themselves against Allied aggression
>>
>>92158948
> I know you people are desperate to legitimize a leader who doesn't have popular support, but all you're doing is making fools of yourselves.
Trump does have the support of the NATION, as expressed through the electoral college. The people don't matter, this isn't the United People of America. It's the United STATES of America. It is a nation made up of states, and those states chose Trump, meaning that the nation chose Trump.
>>
>>92159026
No it isn't, its a term for a specific form of government. Representatives are democratically elected to advocate for the interests of the people from their area.
>>
>>92159096
I guess someone slept at school. Less weed, you horsefucker
>>
>>92159068
that's because two Allied capitals were directly threatened by Germany, while no Allied capitals were threatened by Japan
>>
>>92159117
what
>>
>>92159068
FDR had always supported a Germany first plan to support Britain and France. Also there was pretty good head way in the Pacific before major US campaigns in Europe. Kind of amazing to realize that the invasion of Saipan and the invasion of Normandy happened almost simultaneously.
>>
>>92158958
>positive or negative
>I don`t know what positive law means: the post.
Also.
>just because you don't like a law doesn't mean you can not follow it.
Law comes from men`s nature if a potive law it`s unfair like the one you said you`ll follow then it`s not really a law.
>>
>>92159068
> That doesn't explain why the US focused mostly on Germany before attacking Japan, who attacked first.

Because grand strategy. When you're waging war as a coalition, you need to come up with a unified game plan. One of the reasons the allies won was because they agreed to go after Germany first. Sure, it wasn't necessarily in the US's immediate interest, but that's how coalition warfare works. Sometimes you have to agree to something just for the sake of everyone moving in one direction.

And even with the emphasis on Germany first and a limit on US operations in the Pacific theater to primarily defensive operations, the US did score some important victories against the Japanese well before Germany was out of the picture. Midway and Guadalcanal both came well before the Normandy landings, and both were heavy blows to Japan's ability to make war against the US.
>>
>>92159215
if it's been brought down by those in charge, it's law. and therefore you obey it or suffer the consequences.
>>
>>92159016
>third country trades you most of your oil, which fuels your conquest of second country.
>fourth country, your ally, is anally raping a fifth country, who owes third country a crap ton of loans through military goods.
>you attack third country to get oil
>third country, instead of attacking you first, slaps you and butt rapes forth country with fifth country
>third country comes back 3 years later then rapes you, creaming you twice.
>fifth country, along with a bunch of other countries fourth country raped, pays third country a crap ton of cash, making it a superpower
>this all happened by chance
>>
>>92159026
No it isn't you idiot. Direct democracy is not the only form of democracy.

>>92159090
Those states and this nation only have power---only EXIST---by the consent of their citizens, so yes, the people do in fact matter. People like you who not understand the foundations of western civilization have no business talking about politics.
>>
>>92159360
so do you think the US was just completely inactive in the Pacific during the European invasion
>>
>>92159294
You deserve to be a slave then.
>>
>>92159360
they didn't attack America to get oil, they attacked the netherlands to get oil
>>
>>92159360
No, it happened because Hitler was a dumbass who got played by the Japanese. They led him to believe that if he declared war on the US, they would declare war on the Soviet Union. Then, when Hitler did declare war on the US, the Japanese didn't follow through because they didn't like Hitler after he signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact in violation of the Anti-Comintern Pact. They left Hitler holding the bag and used him as a shield to absorb US attention, while they intended to win some quick, devastating victories and then make peace with the US, leaving Hitler to face the allies alone.
>>
>>92159475
how's that different than how things are now? think over your response.
>>
>>92152411
too sweet desu

make that shit a crepe
>>
I'm just all for it's better for 100 guilty persons to walk free than to let an innocent man be executed.
>>
>>92159436
The federal government exists by the consent of the STATES, not the people. The state governments are the ones that are responsible to the people. The idea that there is a direct relationship between the people and the federal government is a liberal invention that was no where in the original Constitution.
>>
>>92159561
>being a wageslave and an actual slave are the same thing
>>
>>92159090
The electoral college doesn't represent the states.
>>
>>92159451
There were a few big pushes initially, and gave breathing room in the Pacific

But I believe they could have done more before going after Hitler's sweet ass, maybe made some headway into Micronesia.

Then again, I'm not a general. But I believe the US were not going to let Britain lose with that much in military loans at stake.
>>
>>92152351
best breakfast is breakfast poutine and a timmies
>>
>>92159597
but most people on death row dont walk free anyways
>>
>>92152644
are you retarded? California still has state execution and everytime its on the ballot its re-approved.
>>
>>92159614
oooh you went with wageslave, how about the rest of surviving? someone else owns all of your time in one way or another.
>>
>>92159608
>The federal government exists by the consent of the STATES
Other way around.
>>
>>92159608
>the Constitution of the United States literally starts with the phrase "WE THE PEOPLE"
Really activates my almonds
>>
>>92159657
they also weren't going to let Britain lose because the Isles were a major foothold for retaking the continent

as you may have noticed, war is complicated
>>
>>92159669
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>92156852
>I gots ta get from mcdonalds to kfc in 30 minutes , my 8 keeds gotta ged new jordans somehow

lamo
>>
>>92159701
A major part of paying those loans were giving the US control of those naval bases

Why do you think they are almost all under US control today
>>
>>92159657
>But I believe the US were not going to let Britain lose with that much in military loans at stake.

Britain was not in immediate danger by the time the US entered. The Luftwaffe had failed to break the RAF, and without air superiority operation Sea Lion would have been a complete disaster. Churchill actually said that he wanted the Germans to try to invade because then the Brits would have an easy win against the Germans for morale boosting purposes. Also, by December 1941 the Germans were knee deep in snow on the eastern front.

The US agreed to go after Germany first because that was what the other allies wanted and the US felt that it was better to go along with that for the sake of keeping the alliance solid. Which, as it turns out, was a really good idea. Superior cooperation between the allies was one of the reasons they won. Having a single game plan that they all agreed on was an element of that.
>>
>>92159294
>if it's been brought down by those in charge, it's law.
No, in order for something to be law it must generate a duty.
>and therefore you obey it or suffer the consequences.
If the state has to punish me me in order to obey a law then it`s not really a duty "If force
makes us obey, we can’t be morally obliged to obey; and if force doesn’t make us obey, then on the theory we areexamining· we are under no obligation to do so".
And what`s the consecuence for not obeying a law than might kill me anyway?
>>
File: Real-vs-Fake-Maple-Syrup.png (376KB, 700x405px) Image search: [Google]
Real-vs-Fake-Maple-Syrup.png
376KB, 700x405px
>>92159730
>being amerifat
>using disgusting fake syrup product instead of glorious maple syrup

disgusting
>>
>>92156852
Get out of your ivory tower and see the cruel reality of life.
>>
just nuke /co/, read a book you fucking nogs
>>
>>92159828
if you think this conversation would be any more intelligent on /his/ or god forbid /pol/, I have some bad news
>>
>>92159782
Because they like having Americans paying for their defense instead of doing it themselves. Maintaining bases costs money. If you can get someone else to do that, more money for you.
>>
>>92159809
Maple industry is a toxic shitheap, I would rather eat my flapjacks with burnt surgar water.
>tho I use honey for mine,
>>
>>92154632
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>92159657
Eh, as I said before by the time D-day rolled around there had been probably more advances in commitment in the Pacific than Europe.
By the Invasion of Saipan there had been the battles of coral sea and midway, the entire Guadalcanal campaign which included 3 land battles and 5 naval battles, retaking the Marshall islands, retaking the Gilbert islands, and pushing our way up through New Guinea.
Meanwhile by D-Day in Europe we had moved in after Britain did all the fighting in North Africa and invaded Sicily and Southern Italy.
Not to say I'm making a comparison to material expenditures on either front but we had made a lot of strategic advances in the Pacific at the time.
>>
Have any of you ever taken Topomax? This thread feels like Topomax. I feel like I'm taking actual fucking stupid pills.
>>
>>92152996
...because Japanese police don't call it crime. Murders become suicides, theft goes unreported. The government wants to project an image of safety and public order, regardless of the facts.
>>
>>92159808
i'm sorry, arthurian legend isn't real. might makes right in this world. even he was proof of that.
>>
>>92153134
You should actually try reading the opinions of the court instead of trying to troll on the interbutts.
>>
>>92160024
so the granted capability to manifest some transgression against a given individual's will, person, or property makes it justified?

Do go on. I'm very curious to hear more.
>>
>>92159561
I can quit my job and live off the land if I wanted to. I can go where ever I wish. And unlike you, I am loyal to no one who isn't loyal to me.
>>
>>92159608
>social contract theory is a liberal invention
Yeah sure, okay. You are an idiot. People like you have a civic duty to not vote.
>>
>>92160024
Then if a thief threatens me, do I have the duty to give him my money?
Also
>arthurian legend.
I never read it (have to change that soon) but I did read what Aristotle and Socrates said about natural and positive law.
>>
>>92152400
"It is better to let a thousand guilty men walk free than to imprison one innocent man". It's the basis of America's entire judicial system.
>>
>>92152411

I like the way you think.
>>
>>92159693
It was an agreement by the states that made the federal government. Without the consent of the states, the federal government would not exist.
>>
>>92157194

Actually the U.S. has been slipping and research has been in decline since about 2004 while research in Europe has been making big gains.

A big part of that is because it's been moving to the private sector. It's complicated, but the really innovative stuff usually needs to be funded by the federal government because it's so high-risk and without profit.

For profit just focuses on the late stages, and without that early stage foundation, there's literally nothing to build on.

If the trend continues, we're in serious danger of being crushed by Europe and Asia on every kind of research and innovation because of this. It's a big threat to our position as a world power.

Here's an article about it:

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/story/4233/u.s.-slipping-as-global-leader-in-medical-research.aspx
>>
>>92152411
You dishonor my culture.
I'd still eat it though.
>>
>>92159921
>the mapple syrup industry is evil
>I use Brasil third mafia business after drugs and whores myself
>>
>>92160525
> urmc.rochester
The people suckling at the teat of the federal government cry for more free stuff. In other news, grass is green and water is wet.
>>
>>92160531
man burritos ain't even real Mexican
>>
>>92160509
It was an agreement by people in those states. States aren't people, they can't enter into contracts. I feel I need to point this out because you are that stupid.
>>
>>92160525
>the really innovative stuff usually needs to be funded by the federal government

This is what statists actually believe.
>>
>>92160575
Rochester's a private university, dude
>>
File: Stalin.jpg (89KB, 440x599px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin.jpg
89KB, 440x599px
>>92152012
>shooting them
>not just working them to death
>>
>>92160613
inb4
>B-BUT THEY STILL GET SOME MONEY FROM DA GUBERMINT, SO IT'S THEY SAME RIGHT???
>>
>>92160591
close enough.
>>
>>92160600
Wrong. It was the state governments that ratified the Constitution and created the federal government.
>>
>>92160575
>You can't trust any source of information!
Really fits the crypto-fascist idiocy in this thread.
>>
>>92152920
You mean noble?
>>
>>92155782
The Soviet Union could have won the war alone, it would have just taken more time.

Hell, Germany would have never made any headway against France if they weren't busy tearing themselves apart in the '30s.
>>
>>92160608

Rochester is a fucking private school you moron.
>>
>>92152227
They don't care if the victim is tortured, they just want the drugs to make the victim look out of it immediately so the executioner doesn't have to feel bad.
>>
>>92156507
>They can afford to pay for public healthcare because the US is footing the bill for their defense
The US is also responsible for most of the shit we need defense against.
>>
>>92160763
The system is working as intended then.
>>
>>92157353
When was the last time someone aborted with a pessary?

Checkmate, altcucks.
>>
>>92160785

Aside from the fact the rest of the world is doing their own medical research now, how the fuck is it "America first" to fund all these other places instead of asking them to pay a fair share of their own fucking military defense?

That's an "America last, let's just give all our shit away for free so everyone else can lead much better lives than us while Americans suffer and die for no reason" philosophy. And it's shit.
>>
>>92160525
You're arguing with idiots. They don't want to learn, they just want to tear everything down.

Shoot 'em and be done with it.
>>
>>92160889
But these places are paying a fair share of their military defense. These places aren't meddling in regional politics for their own national interests and fucking things up so badly that regional conflicts spill out into low-intensity global affairs.
>>
>>92160889
>how the fuck is it "America first" to fund all these other places instead of asking them to pay a fair share of their own fucking military defense?
>why would the current dominant power want to keep its potential rivals depended on it and ensue that they'll continue underfund their military (that will ensue that they'll stay depended on it and its capacity to keep them protected) so that the 21st century will also be another american century?

Slightly shittier medicare for the poor is a small price to pay for not having to deal with USE&China in future instead of just China.
>>
>>92160889
honestly its a mindset based on the idea that one can use capital to solve problems, and that spending money on such efforts is a worthwhile investment when the result in greater opportunities to advance american interests. One treats banknotes and other assets as capital to be invested, as opposed to being bouillon for stockpiling.
>>
>>92161020
> USE
> implying Europe will get their shit together
> implying they won't just become an Islamic theocratic state
>>
>>92160680
Severely underrated post.
>>
>>92161020
>Slightly

Fucking kek.

>>92161012

Okay, so then how is it "America first" for Americans to suffer and die so a few guys can get their rocks off killing fucktons of people in other countries while our health care system is not worse than some actual third world hellholes' and our education and infrastructure are utterly fucked and falling totally apart?
>>
>>92161087
Go cry more emo kid.
>>
>>92161169

Fuck meant to say it's now worse than third world hellholes, we're behind actual fucking third world countries.

Also is everyone's fucking uneducated and sick or dead and our fucking roads are falling apart so we can't use them what's the point of a strong military and who will even fucking use it?
>>
>>92151427
>>92152920
To be honest, if I have to get executed and have the choice, I rather get shot.
It may be more painful, but I couldn't bear the thought of killing myself just by more breathing.
>>
>>92160889
liquid assets are transient
concrete assets can actually be relied on
having huge stacks of cash rather than investing them is treason and grounds for execution
>>
>>92161210
>having huge stacks of cash rather than investing them is treason and grounds for execution

Dude what the fuck
>>
>>92161169
>why it is "America first" for a nation founded on the principle of sacrificing masses for the good of the rich few to continue operating on its founding principles?
>>
>>92161169
You don't get it. America isn't paying for other countries' defense. America is paying to clean up the messes they make and other countries are helping them.
>>
>>92159117
Uh, is that you Barneyfag?
>>
>>92161238
honestly he's right. If you're wealthy enough to buy a senator you better put the senator to work on something more useful than enabling yourself to buy more senators. Amassing vast personal influence as its own end is kinda useless in the long run, because unless you eventually use that influence to produce something it dies with you. Buy as many senators as you like, so long as you're not just using them to buy more senators.
>>
>>92161733
It seems like billionaires do only buy senators so they can buy more senators most of the time. It seems pointless, especially when you're old. What do you really get out of just buying up more and more of the government and then dying with nothing productive to show for it?
>>
>>92161834
The tax plan that the republicans have proposed would eliminate the estate tax, so they'll be able to pass on all of their wealth to their kids without taxes getting in the way.
>>
File: earthball.png (726KB, 900x955px) Image search: [Google]
earthball.png
726KB, 900x955px
>>92161733
>>
>>92161927
Not all the billionaires have kids and even include them in their wills, or they have useless kids like Paris Hilton though. Seems pretty fucking stupid. Also once you hit a few billion your kid's not being a dumbass who'll blow it all in a generation makes way more difference in how long it'll stay in your family than even the existence of an estate tax.
>>
>>92161834
>>92161733

I think it's more of the fact that these billionaires do this sorta thing so they can establish some kinda political dynasty for their family (the clintons) So that their name, or families name will be known throughout the ages. Pretty much filling an insanely inflated ego of literally being royalty to the world.
>>
>>92152074
As opposed to dying because it didn't expire?
>>
>>92158705
>direct democracy is the only form of democracy
I remember being in 7th grade.
>>
>>92161983
I feel like that's such a crapshoot especially if you just make the world a much shittier place, the vast majority of royalty that have existed are either totally forgotten or only known to a handful of nerds in the sense that their names are in some dusty books, and it's often chance who gets remembered like some piece of art happens to throw you in there centuries later or your body happened to be really well preserved.

You would probably get the same effect from spending a small amount of money putting your name on a piece of rock that won't weather somewhere for future generations to find.
>>
>>92152920
Waste of good helium though
>>
>>92162111

Well my guess is as good as yours I suppose. Although you do see alot of the billionaire types like George Soros throwing ungodly amounts of money to get influence in the EU or funding movements supposedly like Black Lives Matter in the United states. Really, the way I see it is that you got a small handful of people that are so rich that they've just became completely detached from this mortal realm. Like y'know how your average High-class person is ignorant to what the average working class woes are? Well these guys are in a whole another world of their own. And having a bunch of detached, old coots ruling the world sounds pretty scary.
>>
>>92161975
american oligarchs are relatively new money, or they're failed nobility that couldn't hack it among other old families. Essentially they're categorically unable to recognize a difference between wealth and aristocracy.
>>
>>92154643
>Onion
Wait so this is all a parody and Kelly's not real? That changes a lot.
>>
File: kelly xcom.jpg (397KB, 990x693px) Image search: [Google]
kelly xcom.jpg
397KB, 990x693px
>>92162312
you didn't realize that?
>>
>>92161983
>the clintons
Much like the Medici (those that did so), or the Bushes, these actually just run for office. There's a difference between power and influence, which isn't to say they're mutually exclusive, but its distinct.
>>
>>92157032
Because doing the opposite worked out so well for Brüning.
>>
File: 1487365207131.png (202KB, 599x196px) Image search: [Google]
1487365207131.png
202KB, 599x196px
>>92160683
>Soviets
>Winning anything without USA and England supplying them
Just because Stalin managed to kill more of his own soldiers doesn't mean soviets "won" the war
>>
>>92159631
>The electoral college doesn't represent the states.

That's EXACTLY what it represents. If it went off popular vote then a few states like Californa would be deciding for the entire country. Avoiding that shit is why America uses the electoral democratic system rather than a one-man one vote democratic system.
>>
>>92162428
the german offensive had already been halted before the first lend lease shipment arrived, they would have won on their own but it would have been a much longer bloodier fight than it already was. When Germany failed to win in 1941 they were fucked.
>>
POST THE GODDAMN KELLY COMICS YOU FUCKING NIGGERS
>>
>>92162460
A few states decide the entire country now, you imbecile. You people wanking over the broken electoral college system have no idea how the world actually works.
>>
File: CtA1alMVYAA-VvM.jpg (238KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
CtA1alMVYAA-VvM.jpg
238KB, 1200x840px
>>92162629
I only have the FFXIV edits.
>>
File: 1452806018093.jpg (474KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
1452806018093.jpg
474KB, 960x672px
>>92162343
>>
>>92157650
You cease to register pain when your nervous cord is severed
>>
>>92159096
The other guy is right, America is a "Constitutional Federal Republic"

Republicanism and Democracy being two separate things as you should know.
>>
>>92153346
Death is a fitting and righteous punishment for many. You believing otherwise has nothing to do with the reality of the situation.
>>
>>92158716
>Lend Lease
No money was exchanged in the Lend Lease program you dunce lmao. The whole point of the scheme in the first place was to get around strict Neutrality laws passed by Congress that prohibited loaning money to belligerents. The Lend Lease act circumvented that by exchanging British Naval Bases for obsolete American destroyers quid pro quo.

Later on America would become financially invested in the allies, but that was after the Lend Lease act was conceived.
>>
>>92154252
>The wall isn't infrastructure. It isn't necessary to the operation of American society
Tell that to the border patrol, and their data which shows that the wall will pay for itself in just 10 years because of all the illegal immigrants it will stop.
But oh, excuse me. The federal government should listen to you, and not people who have been working in the field for years.
>>
>>92152297
>Not loving Lady Liberty and dedicating your heart and soul to the freedom she represents.
I want you out of my fucking country.
>>
>>92163282
>my fucking country.
Unless you've got a receipt, it's not YOUR country.
>>
>>92152074
germany stopped selling kill-drugs, executioners are having a hard time, go easy.
>>
>>92155342
>they sexualize women so they must be nerds!
>they are nerds so they must sexualize women!
>>
>>92163349
I have a receipt. Came with the manual I received on how to be a good American.
>>
>>92150928
I dunno, this one got a bit too political for me.
>>
>>92160680
5/7 perfect score
>>
>>92153624
How is it special treatment, then, if all men are free to marry men and all women are free to marry women?
>>
>>92149780
These are barely comics or even commentary
What a hack
>>
File: see if i give a fuck.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
see if i give a fuck.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>92152227
>We don't just want to kill you
>we also require you to look happy while we kill you

Just ask the CIA for a couple of tons of illegal drugs and kill them with morphium?
>>
>>92164359
>>92160696
>>92152314
Jesus, how can someone miss the point so bad

Punishments aren't supposed to make the person suffer. It's thought to be for the benefit of society within the possible limits of not making him suffer.

If you decide to take someone permanently out of society, you have no reason not to do it as humanely as possible.

>inb4 people replying about inconsistencies in the penal system, and how lots of things don't actually make society better NOR the prosecuted not suffering
completely off the point, we are talking about excecutions.

>>92152513
>>92152314
edgy
>>
>>92151118
>some idiot
>>
>>92151230
Pretty sure beheading people is considered cruel and unusual since you are dismembering them.
>>
>>92151118
>the Batman cosplayer is Kelly
>>
>>92152314
t. Donald Trump
>>
>>92150908

A lot of these guys on death row would rather be shot or hung or anything but injected with a drug that may or may not kill you painlessly. And the electric chair is even crazier some of them have taken days to kill someone.

I really don't get why they can't just give them any number of known drugs that kill people painlessly like morphine.
>>
>>92166001
Be careful, he might be stupid enough to consider that a compliment.
>>
>>92153512
>Japan
>No crime
Lol

Singapore is totally a different case. Eastern society is also a lot different to western. They have a lot more self respect, self control and no rebellious dumb teenagers.
>>
>>92153717
Singapore maybe strict, but it's hardly authoritarian outside of fiscal matters.
>>
>>92155398
>taking advantage of people for 15 minutes of attention
Isn't this all women
>>
>>92152068
>it's actually more expensive to execute them than to lock them up forever
I never understood that. Surely a capping of the ass costs only as much as a meal at Olive Garden at most
>>
>>92152914
Honestly as a Brit, I want the death penalty backto be used in extreme circumstances, or at least have it on the books. It's because it was abolished that we've got the police state we now live in as the Police and the Home Office went crazy thinking that people were going to start killing and shooting in the streets with no death penalty to make them reconsider.
>>
>>92154843
There is a slight correlation. States with decent legal systems AND high gun ownership rates and a culture of self-defence have lower violent crime rates than others.
>>
>>92154459
>Politically dominates most of Africa and has a good chunk of central Asia in it's backpocket regardless.

Pax Americana was a mistake.
>>
>>92157055
It was, but now just being a classical liberal is being fascist.
>>
>>92158425
This. America's objective in the Second World War was to economically and politically destroy the British and Japanese empires.
>>
>>92160945
Leftists in a nut shell.

Violent, evil and genocidal.
>>
>>92158948
The UK is a Constitutional Monarchy that uses a representative democratic system to elect party members who are, by convention, asked to form a government by the Crown.

The US is a Senatorial Republic that uses representative democracy to indicate to the electoral college who they want to be President, who then appoints his own government.
>>
>>92159218
Not to mention dragging the war out longer put Britian in the hole even more, ensuring that they could tear the British Empire to shreds, ensuring American hegemony over the world.
>>
>>92161178
Emo is haraam, kuffir.
>>
>>92162552
You know how many railway locomotives the USSR built during the war?

Less than ten.

Nearly every railway engine in Russia in 1945 was British or American. Nearly every logistical vehicle was British or American. Without British and American food shipments, the Red Army would have starved. The USSR could not have pushed the Axis out of Russia let alone advanced into Central Europe without this aid.
>>
>>92163241
It also included literally the entire British Empire's stockpile of gold.
>>
>>92152883
The post above his?
>>
>>92169104
The Brits were the ones advising that the US take their time. US generals wanted to do an invasion of continental Europe through northern France as early as 1942, and the Soviets were demanding that the western allies to open up a second front as soon as possible. The Brits thought that was an awful idea, and successfully convinced the US to go along with a Mediterranean-focused strategy up until 1944. The north Africa campaign, the invasion of Sicily, and the Italian campaign were all British ideas. The US generals opposed many of them, seeing them as side shows aimed at shoring up British imperial interests, but in the interest of keeping the allies together FDR agreed to the Med strategy for a little while. That turned out to be a good idea for the most part, since it helped get the US ready. North Africa helped weed out less competent commanders, while Sicily and Italy helped the allies improve their tactics and equipment for amphibious operations. The Normandy landings wouldn't have gone anywhere near as well without the experience from landings in places like Salerno. Going into France in 1942 would have been a disaster, especially since the Germans would have way more troops since it would have been before their losses at Stalingrad and Kursk.

Eventually, however, the Soviets and the US basically insisted that an invasion of northern France had to happen in 1944, and the Brits relented on that. The Brits didn't want Operation Overlord to happen until 1945, they wanted to spend 1944 invading more of the Mediterranean islands and liberating Greece. But the Soviets were sick of waiting for the long promised western front and the US was sick of having a bunch of its troops just sitting around in Britain twiddling their thumbs, so those later Med plans got scrapped and Overlord was set for 1944.
>>
Man, I've never seen a Kelly thread go to shit like this.
>>
>>92155177
William Randolph Hurst.

Go do some research and realize the truth.
>>
>>92168265
The number of court trials, appeals and legal processh to execute someone is where the cost comes from
>>
>>92169065
I always heard the US was a Representative Republic. Is that the same as Senatorial Republic or something different?
>>
>>92166285
>Eastern society doesn't have dumb teenagers
And the houses are made of chocolate and lollipop trees line the streets.
>>
>>92153660
>Trump lost hard in California because "conservatives" in the Valley voted against him because they rely on cheap illegals to make maximum money.
Bay Area cuck here.
No. That's almost laughably stupid.
He lost 66%-33%.
Believe it or not, those people you're talking about in the Central Valley don't make up a large portion of the 36 million people in this fucking state, shocking I know.
He lost because of the 12 million living in Los Angeles, those in Sacramento, and the millions in the metropolitan Bay Area too, honestly. He lost here because this is the only state as blue as New York.
Roughly 24 million people voted against him here, no one group in CA is responsible for that beyond the amorphous blob that is "the left", which is most people here.
You dipshit.
>>
I had no idea this was /pol/
>>
>>92152074
>he thinks his neighborhood is the whole world
Not as much as you'd hate to get one of these shots and NOT die because they expired.
>>
>>92170993
What are you talking about?
This is clearly /v/ >>92163103 >>92162343
>>
>>92152834
>The point of judges is to apply the law as it is written
In some countries, yes, in the USA no; yankee law is actually written up for interpretation on purpose, they can be openly abused by big people to get away with big crimes, but on smaller-scale matters it's actually more useful this way.
>>
>>92153753
You do realize that the ban wouldn't have prevented any of the Islamist terrorist attacks that Trump likes citing so much, not to mention that some of those attacks were perpetrated by native born American citizens?
>>
>>92151230
I get the feeling that part of the reason for executions being so sanitized these days, is for the sanity of the executioner. It's why firing squads used to consist of 1 real loaded gun, and the rest full of blanks. so that nobody knew who fired the killer shot, making it less stressful on the psyche
>>
>>92153990
Most illegal immigrants are here on expired visas. He should focus on that instead of a wall
>>
File: another day on vee.png (902KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
another day on vee.png
902KB, 1200x840px
>>92171105
>>
>>92152737
>There is nothing cruel about giving people what they deserve
You may be right, but the state and society earns nothing from killing someone who has ALREADY committed a serious crime. The potential benefits of letting them live are greater than even the expenses of killing them.
>>92154155
>what is quality of life?
>>
>>92154903
You've got it backwards, buddy
>>
>>92149780
only savages kill criminals, truly people who support that dont belong in the west
>>
File: 228033567_orig[1].jpg (627KB, 1530x981px) Image search: [Google]
228033567_orig[1].jpg
627KB, 1530x981px
>>92163349
heres my receipt motherfucker
>>
>>92171467
t. Nicolas Cage
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (16).png (47KB, 951x278px) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (16).png
47KB, 951x278px
>>92152411
You mean like a crepe?
>>
>>92152411
Not exactly it, but have you heard of this?
https://bitethebutter.wordpress.com/2015/10/09/hortobagyi-palacsinta-2/
>>
File: fanbase.jpg (827KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
fanbase.jpg
827KB, 2404x1260px
>>92151118
>>
>>92155453
>Muslims are leftists
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: IoPLr.png (579KB, 768x728px) Image search: [Google]
IoPLr.png
579KB, 768x728px
>>92155298
>so you think Nazism was fine?
dude, you're on 4chan, OF COURSE he thinks Nazism was fine
>>
This kills the thread.
>>
>>92172146
Anon of murder.
>>
>>92150031
There are literally hundreds of substance that can kill a man faster and more effctivelly than the execution drug, why go to such lenghts for it is beyond me.
>>
>>92152204
>>92152296

Seriously, it's not only distrubing how many innocent people are executed. Even moreso how many obviously innocent people get executed. You think that dude from Making a Murderer is the only dirt poor, lead-poisoned, hick that's been put away for a murder he didn't commit because he got on the wrong side of someone in law enforcement? OR got pulled over for a DWB and "matched a description?"

My point is we should have been paying attention to what the Black Panthers were saying, because it doesn't just apply to Black People, but anyone who doesn't have enough money to subvert the law.
>>
>>92152400

There are two kinds of people in this thread. Those who find it unacceptable for the state to kill an innocent man, and those who think it is unacceptable for the state to let a guilty man go free.

And then there's faggots like the anon I just quoted.
>>
>>92154788
You're retarded. The status quo was allowing transgendered people to use the restrooms they wanted because a: we don't have people posted at restrooms asking people what junk they're carrying and b: some trans people, ESPECIALLY female to male, look like their desired gender and not their birth gender. Seriously, look at some of the FtM people and ask yourself if you want them entering the women's restroom with your female family members.

The restroom debacle was started by the republicans cause they just can't help themselves.
>>
>>92169185
they didn't make any because they got them from lend lease so they could focus more on arms production, without lend lease they would have made their own which is why the war would have been a much longer bloodier affair.

In 1941 Germany had suffered such devastating losses of men that they could not replace there was no hope of them pushing on and crushing Russia. It would have taken Russia longer to push them out but the result would have been the same.
>>
>>92169681
its also worth noting that a not insignificant number of Axis troops and materiel were captured or destroyed in the Mediterranean campaigns. 230,000 axis soldiers were captured during the Tunisia campaign.
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.