[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of the Absolute Editions worth owning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 9781401207137_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg (44KB, 488x588px) Image search: [Google]
9781401207137_p0_v3_s1200x630.jpg
44KB, 488x588px
Are any of the Absolute Editions worth owning?
>>
Sandman is the only must own absolute edition. In general though an absolute edition is only worth owning if it's a book you love and are willing to pay top dollar to own. I own the new frontier and preacher absolutes and they are beautiful.
>>
>>92144194

As long as its something you really really care about and enjoy, its worth it. They're not the kinda thing you just get on a whim... esp since theyre basically like a giant coffee table book, unwieldly as fuuuuck.
>>
All of the ones I own are very nice, but they're not the sort of thing you'd buy over a regular trade unless it's a book you really love. They're more expensive and much larger, they're meant to look nice on shelves or tables.
>>
Top 10
>>
I love my Hellboy library editions
>>
>>92144194
Just got All-Star Superman absolute edition it's gorgeous.

>>92144413
New Frontier absolute so damn expensive, costs over a 100 just to get one used.
>>
>>92150074
I got new frontier absolute for 40 yesterday in Australia you just need to find a good store that reduces books after a while
>>
>>92150678
hmmm might to dig around my LCS for one then.

That's one hell of a price for it. I hear it's stellar.
>>
Absolute Crisis is worth owning, for the companion book it comes with (which IIRC has never been reprinted in softcover format). The companion has about 30 pages worth of material, including a TON of internal DC memos along with two-three proto versions of the entire mini-series in terms of Marv Wolfman's original pitch and subsequent revisions.

It revealed a lot of shit we never knew (like the kill order for Supergirl being approved by corporate AFTER her solo film flopped, that DC SERIOUSLY wanted to kill Hal Jordan off in Crisis so no one could get rid of John Stewart, and Roy Thomas trying to highjack the event from Marv Wolfman to save the Pre-Crisis DCU).
>>
>>92150800
I know I almost shit my pants when I saw the price tag. I almost paid 130 for it last Christmas but didn't have the money for it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.