[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Superman doesn't kil- oh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: RCO011_1462030789.jpg (2MB, 3840x2952px) Image search: [Google]
RCO011_1462030789.jpg
2MB, 3840x2952px
>Superman doesn't kil-
oh
>>
>OP doesn't suck di-
oh
>>
>>92139557

Yeah but this story was shit. Byrne only did it because he was getting the boot. Nobody knows why editorial allowed this. Or the roofies from Apokolips
>>
>>92139557
>Using a comic that a lot of people hated and eventually got erased (and downplayed by DC itself)
oh
>>
>>92139606
I'm reading through 80s superman for the first time and just read this
>>
File: 1490701478732.jpg (372KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490701478732.jpg
372KB, 1280x720px
Zod can't catch a break
>>
>>92139683
His neck can
>>
It's funny to go back to the really early Golden Age comics, where Supes was okay with leaving crooks to their doom, like that one time when he was challenging one of Luthor's super planes on how high they can go and the plane just ended up drifting into space.
>>
Yes, in case the title didn't give it away, Man of Steel was based on The Man of Steel and the rest of Byrne's Superman, which were greatly influential on Snyder when he started reading comics.

This seemed like a good idea at the time because The Man of Steel, like The Dark Knight Returns, was responsible for reintroducing Superman to a new audience who wanted characters to be grittier and more realistic.
>>
>>92139606
doesn't Man of Steel constantly pop up in Best Superman Stories lists?
>>
>>92140157

Yeah, because it did have good moments. But this final arc is hated and ignored. As was said, Byrne only did it because he was leaving the book.

Why it was approved, who the fuck knows.
>>
I have no problem with Superman executing the three kryptonian criminals this way. They just destroyed an entire world and vowed to destroy more. Leaving them alive would be irresponsible. Not to mention they deserved the death penalty. It's not like Superman went full Punisher and started killing drug dealers. These three literally wiped out the whole world. If that doesn't warrant the death sentence then I don't know what does. There was no other punishment available either if I recall correctly.
>>
>>92139557

Zod is kind of like a brother to Superman, correct?
>>
>>92140300
He had access to gold kryptonite
>>
File: 81354.jpg (47KB, 304x412px) Image search: [Google]
81354.jpg
47KB, 304x412px
>>92139580
>>92139580
holy kek
>>
>>92140529

The fuck? No.
>>
File: crime.jpg (31KB, 459x186px) Image search: [Google]
crime.jpg
31KB, 459x186px
>>92139557

Noice
>>
>>92139606
It wasnt erased at all, infact it has been continually referenced. And there is no reason to hate it.
>>
File: Brainiac Watches BvS.jpg (51KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Brainiac Watches BvS.jpg
51KB, 720x540px
>>92139557
>its a shit story being used to justify out of character actions
Did I just travel back to 2013 or did OP finally watch Man of Steel?
>>
>>92140583
Do the effects of gold kryptonite last forever, or do they wear off after say, 20 years and and nobody really knows about it because kryptonians are so rare that the full effects of kryptonite have never been properly studied? Is there really any way to be 100% sure their powers will never come back? Wasn't one of them a scientist? What if they breed, would the kids be born with powers? And even if their powers never return, do they deserve no punishment at all after killing an entire planet?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.