[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you do a 3rd series of Avatar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 25

>>
>and everything was all just a dream
>>
>>92139010
Zhao spinoff. Jason Isaacs was too good for being a one-season pony.
>>
how does korra end?
>>
prequel
>>
>>92139010
Retcon Korra.
>>
>>92139073
this
>>
>>92139010
The Ember Island Players present "The Legend of Korra"
>>
>Avatar: How I became yours
>>
It was my favorite season so I'm pretty good with the way it turned out.

Come at me, /co/.
>>
File: latest[1].png (154KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
154KB, 444x250px
>>92139010
Wan series; one season.
>>
>>92139073
so Avatar Roku?
>>
>>92139010
The new avatar has to restore order to the chaotic world the failures of the previous avatar (Korra) left behind.
>>
>>92139094
B-but you can't like season 3 Bryke are hacks only Ehahahahahasz is good REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>92139130
The new avatar hates Korra with a passion and wishes to restore the connection that she broke with the other Avatars.
>>
>>92139010

>Most of the world hates the Avatar now due to the Spirits Korra released
>Earth Avatar discovers he's the avatar from a young age, doesn't want the responsibility or the hatred that would come from it
>Is an Earth bending prodigy who discovered Tophs sight shit at a young age
>Still wants to learn the other three elements because that's cool as fuck.
>His best friend discovers he's the avatar, doesn't care. Teaches him there element (doesn't matter which).
>They plan on just traveling the world and meeting people

The series would be them traveling and shit.
>>
I posted this idea in a previous thread, so I'll run down my idea/s here:

The basic rundown is that after Korra's death, a new Avatar is sought in the Earth Kingdom to take her place. A child is found, but it is a farce; the parents of the child are wealthy and wish to see their legacy become immortalized by holding parentage to the Avatar, using their money and connections to influence other benders into coordinating and faking the child's feats of strength. The child itself is a non-bender, but grows up assuming that everything they've done has been of their own energy and spirit. Meanwhile, the true Avatar, having not ever been discovered, ends up going through life convinced that they are a non-bender; the false Avatar's parents were thorough and covered up the child's existence and powers, to the point that the true Avatar has been convinced that they are a non-bender. Naturally, all of this comes to a twist when the true Avatar's powers awaken, leading to the two Avatars (True and False) to question their roles in the world.

My other idea involves a non-bender from outside the Earth Kingdom who was inspired by the legends of Aang, Korra (somehow), and others to venture forth into the world and learn the art of bending, despite having no actual spiritual connection of their own. Hilarity and shenanigans ensue, of course.

I question if it's possible for these two ideas to be combined. My current thought is that the non-bender may end up becoming part of the reason the two Avatars learn their separate truths, in that the non-bender would attempt to bend, fuck shit up, and cause something within the true Avatar to awaken and save the day. Or something like that.
>>
The progress to technology made the show lose all mysticism and it needs to reclaim it, and the only way of doing that is to go backwards not forwards. So a series that would go and cover either Kyoshi or the Earthbending Avatar before her would be fine.
>>
>>92139010
Prequels are the only choice
>>
>>92139200
Sounds good, I'd watch it
>>
>A cult of earthbenders who think the world's out of balance (all Korra's fault)
>They decided the world is too fucked and try to destroy, start life all over
>Wait for Sozen's comet to arrive so that they can earthbend it closer to the atmosphere and crash it into earth, killing everything
>Earthbending Avatar has to stop them

That's my idea for villains
>>
>>92139010
I wouldn't.
>>
Go full G Gundam, new continuity, only bending remains.
>>
Guys, we just need something completely distinct from the other parts, or the whole bloody thing will be stuffed with kooky references (read, shoehorning in old characters just for the sake of people saying 'Oh boy, look how great they became!!!'). So, I'm thinking: in distant future, there's been a war with the spirits, but that was settled by the time of the story. Basically this lets us reset the technology they have access to without going to the past (where, face it, there'd be no dramatic stakes). I'm thinking the plot could be that Benders have become a Nazi-esque group (or at least the world leaders) who want to eliminate non benders. The Avatar, originally trained to one day end non-benders, sees the light and travels the world with friends to raise an army to take on the world government. A new story, reminiscent of the old, but distinct. There's no great war going on: this is a precursor to war.
>>
>>92139010
I wouldn't. NOTHING after TLAB was good. The movie was dog shit, the comics were awful, Korra was insultingly bad. Just let the franchise die with what little tiny scraps of dignity it has left
>>
>>92139035
SURPRISE! LESBIANS! AREN'T WE PROGRESSIVE?!
>>
>>92139010
Strong intependent transsexual pansexual potsexual woksexual earth bender
>>
>>92139010
Make a series where each episode is unrelated and tells stories from a different avatar of the past. You wouldn't have to worry about continuity too much that way, though you likely wouldn't have any big guns for series finales either. But you could air every episode out of order spongebob style, so it would sit well with the executives.
>>
>>92139010
An anthology focusing on different Avatars throughout history is the only way I would be happy with. I guess typical would be two-episode arcs for each character, but they could do single episodes or three-episode arcs as they see fit. That way we could get totally new Avatars with unique stories, expand upon Avatars we've seen briefly (Kuruk, Yangchen), and also maybe have some episodes (season finales?) focusing on our main Avatars. Maybe get an Aang adventure post-TLA, an early Korra story, more of Roku and Sozin, etc.
>>
>>92139010
Earth Avatar prequel. A boy from the sluns of Ba Sing Se that eventually joins the revolution or some shit.
Bonus for having friends with all bending methods since it's before the Air nation genocide
>>
>>92139085
this
>>
>>92139093
underrated

I'd watch this
>>
>>92139010
Cyberpunk Miami Vice with a villain Avatar.
>>
I'd set it in the 1980s with bending rates at an all-time low due to society becoming less spiritual. With the borders between nations mostly dissolved, the Avatar has been reduced to a wandering exorcist who gets rid of evil spirits. Like, he's prefer to talk them down because it's less messy and he sympathizes with them, but he's pragmatic enough to beat the shit out of spirits who are an immediate threat or don't look like they're open to listening. Humans are his top priority.

Give him a motorcycle too, because motorcycles are cool.
>>
>>92140819
Kinda like Atla meets Samurai Jack? I can dig that.
>>
>>92139085

This is the only correct answer...

If not for yourself, do it for the sake of future generations...
>>
I would do something with the avatar spirits Korra lost.

>Previous Avatar Spirits decide to reincarnate separate from the main line, leading to groups being created (To keep the amount to a reasonable level, make it four groups split along the Element lines).
>Korra is still alive while this is happening, so when four new Avatars show up she takes it upon herself to teach them (after some character development in the comics, hopefully)
>Fire Avatar on of the opinion he's the only one that's needed and hates the pacifist ways of the Air Avatar
>Air Avatar doesn't like fighting, prefers solving problems through peaceful methods
>Earth Avatar is a pretty simple person, doesn't really care about politics. Just wants to be the best at bending. Most talented of the bunch.
>Water Avatar is the least talented but tries the hardest (Potentially learns blood bending out of frustration for being the weakest).

You could either do it when they're kids growing up, or after Korra dies and the next Avatar of the Main line is born.

The first option lets you have more characters to work with and develop the dynamics between them, the second option lets you explore the world divided by the death of Korra, and the struggle of power between the four Avatars plus the growth of new earth Avatar.
>>
>>92139194

> New avatar, doing reasonably well keeping the balance thus far, finally manages to connect with his/her past lives

> Meets Korra, only Korra, there are no other past lives to connect to

> Korra offers the new Avatar advice concerning his/her destiny as the Avatar

> The naive young Avatar puts this advise into practice, only for it to cause serious problems

> New Avatar meets with Korra several times afterwards, each time his/her opinion of Korra is tarnished a little more as he/she learns more about Korra and spends more time in her presence

That would be positively cathartic...
>>
>>92140819
That would be a cool way to explore the more spiritual side of bending that other series only touch on, like that glowing water thing from season 2 of Korra or the crazy shit Jinora could do. I bet there's all sorts of crazy mystical fire stuff that never came up in the show, like purification flames or fire seances.
>>
>>92139126
I'd watch the shit out of Roku. Seeing young Iroh would be great.
>>
Prequel is the only way.
>>
>What if there's a series where everybody obsessively hates that FUCKING BITCH WHORE CUNT just as much as I do, because I'm clearly a normal healthy adult?
>>
>>92139126
farther back
>>
>>92143196
Letting spirits roam free is objectively a terrible decision, given how much trouble they like to cause
>>
>>92139010
Introduce white people.
>>
>>92139010
You couldn't

You can't go beyond Korra because she'll probably live to be 200+ and they had fucking microprocessors when she was a teen. The tech level of society would be 'futuristic' as opposed to pre-industrial when Aang was born.

You could maybe do a prequel but not Roku or Kyoshi
>>
File: 1467400571355.png (18KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1467400571355.png
18KB, 259x224px
>>92139010
Korra was just some shitty fan-fiction written by some faggots with lesbian fetish.

Cuts back a couple years into the past

Older Aang and co goes on an adventure
>>
>>92139010
Cold War scenario
>>
Avatar is born as a half feral child in the earth boonies who has been raised by bears. He does not want to be the avatar, he just wants to sleep and eat bugs. Supporting cast has to convince and drag him off on an adventure.
>>
Skips to the next Fire avatar. He's intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor. So he's basically based off of me lol. He's morally ambivalent and hates people who are dogmatic and extreme in their beliefs, be it good or evil. He's crazy strong, so fast you can't see him move and he constantly teleports behind people and knocks them out with one fire punch. His catch phrase is "nothin personnel, kid." He travels around with his fire nation friend who's a hot girl and is dying for his cock and he knows that but he doesn't give a shit because he's that cool or whatever.

So yeah they just go around and beat people up and stuff. The avatar doesn't want to be the Avatar because that's all about foricng his morals on others and, heh, he doesn't really have any.
>>
>>92139200
I think it'd be better if the best friend was a free-spirited non-bender. Who's secretly incredibly jealous of him.
>>
All the Avatars that were smashed out of Korra by by Vaatu reincarnate and now there are loads of Avatars on the loose, for good or ill.
>>
File: 1483772473228.png (146KB, 396x335px) Image search: [Google]
1483772473228.png
146KB, 396x335px
wow another korra hate thread
>>
File: 1470195204384.png (202KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470195204384.png
202KB, 500x500px
>>92140819
I like your idea, it sounds something like if Mob Psycho 100 and Avatar mixed together, which sounds awesome.
>>
>>92139126
I'd pay to see Rokus journey
>>
>>92139085
This. I wouldn't even throw out the concept of Korra - I think it's a great premise with Republic City and all, and I think that the premise of Korra's character is also great. The execution was badly fucked up.
>>
File: STANDINGHERE.jpg (42KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
STANDINGHERE.jpg
42KB, 500x281px
Netflix movie about Korra being forced to deal with a now disillusioned and/or unstable Earth Republic President Bolin.
>>
File: Shadowrun 3.jpg (3MB, 3968x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun 3.jpg
3MB, 3968x3056px
>>92139010
Shadowrun, the animated series.
Spirit monsters and cybernetic implants are common, glowing neon-clad skyscrapers reach into the sky. The world is not officially at war, but a thousand tiny brush fire conflicts and terrorist groups threaten the people everyday.

And in the middle of it all, a young Sandbender has to convince an ever accelerating to slow down, and remember the tranquility and peace it once knew.
>>
File: Korra.jpg (78KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Korra.jpg
78KB, 640x360px
>>92159220
>Spirit Korra: "I wouldn't bother with those books, the author was a hack."
>New avatar: "What do you mean? Did he get something wrong?"
>Spirit Korra: "A lot of little things really: he completely skips over details like the breakup of the equalist movement, or Jinora and me figuring out the giant spirit form, and don't get me started on his portrayal of my relationship with Asami...."
>>
What happened to Bryke after the show?
>>
>>92143196
you'd be the only one to actively watch it, and humorously fail at every attempt to get our attention by falseflagging in several of the many threads you'd spam on the board.
>>
>>92139010
Dark avatar returns
>>
>>92139010
>Earthbender
>Republic City, Ba Sing Se, Zaofu and Omashu have merged into a cyberpunk mega-metropolis
>the one holdout is a tiny city-within-a-city of Spirits smack-bang in the middle of what used to be Republic City
>Cabbage Corp owns EVERYTHING
>Metalbending becomes important because cyborgs
>>
>>92161870
Destroyed.
>>
>>92139010
100 years war during the missing of avatar .
>>
Go back a bit, in between the first Avatar bullshit and TLA, has to be late enough so that the world is recognizable but early enough that the entire plot isn't spoiled. You can't have a Kyoshi or Roku or even Yangchen or Taruk series because we all know the big moments in their lives and shit.
>>
>>92139010
Most people are saying "prequel", but I think it 3rd series needs to escalate everything further

> 1000 years have passed
> humanity is really advanced and colonizing space
> basically sci-fi Avatar series
> because of technological advancements there had been less and less benders
> maybe like 20% of all humanity are benders
> there haven't been an Avatar for several hundreds of years now
> humanity is at war with itself
> still four fractions, based on Fire, Water, Earth and Air.
> basically a 4-way War
> maybe it's a war to control something in the middle of the universe
> like a spirit well or something
> benders are elite warriors
> there are mechas controlled by benders
> so mechas that can bend

And this is just the setting.
>>
>>92139010
Sci-Fi Earth Bender Avatar.
>>
>>92162724
cont.

> on the hundreth year of War a new Avatar is born
> He/She is born somewhere in the outskirts of the universe
> So the series follows this new Avatar travelling the Galaxy and stealthly learning bending.
> Eventually this leads to Avatar uniting humanity against a common threat
> Like maybe an evil army of spirits?
> And so the series proceeds to turn into Gurren-Lagann, I guess
>>
>>92139010
The main character is a sandbender. His tribe captures a young girl firebender. The girl and the MC become friends, and he reveals to her his secret: He is actually the avatar, but doesn't want to save the world. She convinces him to help her escape and to find his destiny.

Etc etc escapes, chases, whatever, ragtag misfits

Eventually the group meets up with the young girl's nobleman father to return her to him. The MC introduces himself as the Avatar and asks to be brought before the world to introduce himself and shit.

The girl's father tells him that he must be joking. The MC cannot be the avatar, because the father himself is the true avatar.
>>
>>92139010
The world has modernized further
There isn't really a need for the Avatar any more
They're just some attention whoring minor celebrity at best
They only know enough about each element to do party tricks
Then plot happens and they need to step up, maybe take on government coruption, exploitation of the spirits or whatever is going on
>>
>>92162881
cue seinfeld theme
>>
File: I'm fucking invincible.jpg (111KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
I'm fucking invincible.jpg
111KB, 584x622px
>>92160147
>filename
>>
>>92160147
I want a series of just Bolin doing things
>>
>>92139093
Damn, that would be great.
>>
>Steampunk future
>pretty far in the future so there's been plenty of avatar cycles since korra
>the Avatar is the antagonist
>MC is their kid
>they're an outcast, a non bender who however can see spirits and commune with them, gains some bender friends, at one point they gain a mechanical limb possibly
>The settings are huge sprawling cities half-overgrown with spirit trees and spirit world shit, the spirit world itself as it becomes mysteriously corrupted, and long forgotten temples and deserts and jungles outside the city walls
>first season deals with crime, politics, the MC struggling in a world where many are benders and non benders are currently looked down on as second class citizens, got some dai li shit happening
>alot of the series is about reconnecting with the planet and the spirituality and balance before the current avatar's instability causes a terrible catastrophe

All kinda off the top of my head,but those are some ideas I like.
>>
why people alway put Technology as an enemy?

technology never killed religion, even today churchs still a Strong business, technology HELPED to bring new spiritul concepts to places that they never existed before.

i dont see technology destroying bending, i see technology creating a entire new way of bending, i see guns how work with firebending, i se cyberpunk metal benders, i see supersonic airbenders using a mix of airbending and JET engines. i see a waterbending medic making a heart transplant with bloodbending.

theres soo many possibilities, but for some reason people only want to see this bull shit MUH EVIL SCIENCE DESTROYING MUH SPIRITUAL.
>>
>>92139010
New Avatar is born into a world that sees the Avatar as an amusing past time, with technology and politics advancing ot the point the entire point of the Avatar seems like mystic hippy nonsence. New Avatar hates being what they are as they feel useless, a punchline to a joke. That is until spirits begin to ramgae causing devestation and are untouchable to modern weapons and bending. Thus the Avatar finds a purpose being the only one who can defeat the spirits. Avatar begins to enjoy fighting the spirits as they are praised by the people and feel they have a purpose. Soon revealed however that defeating the spirits isnt helping as they are just a symptom of a problem in the spirit world.

Essentially a world that feels it has grown out of needing some mystical guro like the Avatar finding that the Avatar is the only solution to the problem of the spirit world.
>>
>>92139010

The 100 years war while aang was frozen, no avatar bullshit
>>
>>92139010
the MC is a non-bender. he is not a martial arts prodigy, his intelligence is average, and he's a slaver/criminal, a peon actually. his and his mates are tasked with kidnapping bender kids so they can be brainwashed and trained to be used as assassins or bodyguards for the rich and wealthy of the underworld. one day he kidnaps this little kid who's like 8. he finds out this kid is the Avatar. and now he has to make a choice, to either get the kid out and incurring the wrath of the underworld, or to not do anything.

how did he find out the kid's the Avatar? why does he care? because the previous Avatar(Korra) was his beloved grandma.
>>
File: 1476080340579.png (307KB, 338x406px) Image search: [Google]
1476080340579.png
307KB, 338x406px
>>92165204
>grandmother

In all seriousness this isn't a bad idea, have season one follow the non bender, season two following the avatar who has a rather unique attitude due to his interactions with original MC and other figures in the underworld.
>>
>>92165204
>Avatar(Korra) was his beloved grandma.
There are two things wrong with this. The first is that Korra is in a lesbian relationship. The second is that in the unlikely event that she does have a child, that child would sever ties at the earliest possible moment. If it didn't, the grandchild would not hold any love for his abusive grandmother who comes over from time to time, probably drunk, ruins everything, probably smashes his toys and then yells about how she's the avatar and none of this is her fault.
>>
>>92139010
It would be either something in the distant past, after Wan but when the nations proper were still being formed, or something in the future, skipping the Avatar after Korra and going straight for the next Firebender, who would have to deal with a highly modernized world that, while not technically unbalanced, is slowly losing its connection to the spiritual side and mostly sees the Avatar as a relic of an age past.
>>
Explain the elephant in the room that is the airbenders post-korra.
>>
>>92165482
Didn't the convergence thing turn the air acolytes (and possibly some other nonbender people, I don't remember) into new airbenders?
>>
>>92165524
Airaboos are still just airaboos. The new airbenders were just random people.
>>
>>92165524
It basically made the Air Nation into the Jedi of Avatar. Quite literally almost, I mean they even have the tract down sensitive air(force) users to train into Airbenders(jedi). Also they are currently the peace keepers of the world.
>>
>How would you do a 3rd series of Avatar?
I wouldn't. Korra ruined the past, present and future of the avatarverse.
>>
Two options.

1) Prequel. Way back, an Avatar we've only seen hints of at the most. All about the founding of the fire nation. Laced with shadows about what will come, but played straight for the most part as a struggle to establish order in a land where you have a lot of competing principalities and lords (think: parallels to japan when they didn't have an emperor and the politics and battles that go along with that).

Avatar would be a fire nation native, and part of their journey would be discovering an outside world at all - travel wasn't common and there'd be the fear and uncertainty that comes along with that.

2) Future. Full on cyberpunk/steampunk mashup. Another timeskip, a larger gap than would be expected due to Korra's long life and tendency to spend time in the spirit realm keeping her around for longer than expected.

Here the avatar is less important, the world has moved on. Sprits and people live together in symbiosis, but not necessary a friction free one. Shadowrun-esq blending of computer systems and bending.

Here the avatar has to find their place in a world that doesn't really want them, and nobody's that excited to see them. They're a relic of the past, like the royal family - of interest but not a key geopolitical force any more.

What changes that as the story goes on is their connection to sprits, and the dawning realisation of how powerful spirit bending and all the other things combined could be in one person. Think super hacking, information freedom and dirty secrets - so unlike their predecessors this avatar needs to keep a low profile where they can.
>>
>>92139010
>one hundred years after korra
>Humans invented spiritual nukes
>resulting in mutually assured destruction
>Fallout made spirits go berserk
>Earth bender Avatar is hunted by a group of fanatics who think the Avatar has failed humanity.
>The fanatics are led by a spirit who has a grudge against the avatar because of what korra did to him in the past.
>Earth Avatar re establishes the link to previous lives.
Basically Avatar meets fist of the north star/Mad Max.
>>
>>92165621
I'd like to see a modern/futuristic approach to the series as well, but I'd go for the opposite direction. With mankind's advancement and development the spirits influence shrinks. Many spirits and other magical creatures retreat to the spirit world or go to whatever remote places are still left. Less and less benders are born with each passing generation, and the world doesn't really rely on them anymore. The Avatar is akin to your Royal Family comparison, or the Dalai Lama, he is a well known figure and often people stop to hear what he has to say, but no one's losing any sleep over it. Most people consider the Avatar's job done and his continued existence unnecessary, and the dwindling numbers of benders makes a very likely possibility the Avatar cycle will cease completely in a couple of centuries at most.

The Avatar has to figure out what his purpose is in a world, if any.
Less benders (though there's still quite a number of them) also means the bender communities inside the nations and in the various multi-national territories group to better preserve their dying way of life, having stuff like secluded bending schools or communities, not unlike the air nomads and their temples.
>>
I would do something with 2 different Avatar lines, the original and the fucked up line Korra has. Show what a difference there is between an Avatar with a host of past lives and one Avatar who only has Korra and Rava this Avatar hates being the Avatar because Korra gives shit advice and s/he gets blamed for the aftermath
>>
Iroh prequel
>>
File: 1485749096457.png (397KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
1485749096457.png
397KB, 600x508px
>>92139010
Its not even worth wondering about because you can't. Korra, that is the show, not the character, completely destroyed the setting.

1. Wan and the generic spirits of good and evil ruined the mystery and magic of the avatar, as well as completely contradicting what the first series set up as the mechanics for the avatar and the avatar state.

2.Korra unleashed a plague of spirits that either hate humans or are completely indifferent to them. They swarmed the earth, took over large chunks of the city, actively drove thousands from their homes, and yet we're supposed to consider this a good thing. Not to mention, the Avatar in the original series is described as the spirit bridge, which means korra basically negated her only function and reduced herself to a vigilante. A Vigilante who causes most of the problems she ends up fighting.

3.The avatar cycle is broken. Both literally and figuratively. The past avatars are all now dead but it doesn't matter because the avatar state was retconned into not having anything to do with them.

4. The technology of the time period basically rendered benders to be nothing special. Not to mention secret techniques and rare abilities are now super common. Remember lightning bending? That thing that was rare and dangerous, that only a few master firebenders could do? Now any idiot can do it. So much so that they use them as batteries.

So moving forward is impossible since benders will only become more meaningless as time continues, and there's no reason for the avatar to even exist. And you can't go back to the way things were without totally denouncing Korra as garbage, which bryke won't do because they're George Lucus style hacks who think they're amazing geniuses. Also because tumblr will feed them an endless supply of praise thanks to "MUH LESBOS".

You can't save it, you can't fix it. All you can do is come to terms with it and move on.
>>
>>92165775
Characters:
>Easy going but confident Earth bender Avatar
>Fire Bending Tsundere (who will eventually become his gf)
>Water Bender fanatic working hunting for the fanatics (gets a redemption ark)
>Insane Air bender Prodigy who does not remember his past.
>>
>>92165775
I can get behind this.
>>
>>92144970
ew no
>>
>>92165301
>The first is that Korra is in a lesbian relationship
people break up and Korra's bi so children aren't out of the question
>>
>>92166149
Can the fire bending tsundere also be a loli?
>>
>>92139010
Focus on the adventures of Sokka and Toph.
>>
Airbenders in 2017
>>
>>92166568
Only if the rest of the cast is her age.
>>
>>92166645
17 yr old loli tsundere coming right up
>>
Bara benders

Everyone is beefy and hunky
>>
>>92166705
Oh shit this
>>
>>92139010
Cyberpunk future
Korra lives a long time because of Spirit World shenanigans
Korra left the world in shit
The Avatar cycle is fucked now
The "Avatar" is an Earthbender who can bend earth and fire but nothing else.
Instead his twin sister gets air and water, but they don't figure this out until halfway through season 1
Other characters include a "wirebender" an autistic earthbender who can rewire electronics and change the way they function.
>>
I wouldn't. The original series is perfect as it is; trying to make something better will only result in another Korra.
>>
>>92144970
>Whites are the Void Nation
>Voidbenders
>They left the planet to travel the stars centuries ago
>They can literally create black holes

Sounds pretty ok.
>>
File: %5B000348%5D.jpg (768KB, 1643x2920px) Image search: [Google]
%5B000348%5D.jpg
768KB, 1643x2920px
>>92139010
Skip the connection to korra she sucks anyway

Cyberpunk, akira ,gts setting.
Typical nation divided and pol mongering drama.
Fire nation is at it again conquering shit
Earth nation is now divided to 3 countries
Northen water tribe is the only who
Survives
Air nomands are as passive and centrist as ever struggling to fit in a technological advance world.
Benders find a way to enhance their bending through tech

Teams:
The avatar is the only bender of the group, he story is more about his role in the war rather than him being the avatar.
A tech guy
A psychic girl
And a cyborg enemy turned ally guy

It will explore shit like do robots have soul ikr very deep philosophical shits
It will also have a central theme about staying with tradition or moving forward to the future.
>>
>>92167066
>>92140564
>>92166787
>>92165621
Why the fuck do people think that Cyberpunk would work in the avatar setting when Steampunk did not?
>>
>>92167481
Because it's about time we had a cyberpunk cartoon again.
>>
Pokemon Chornicles-esque mini-series where the focus is on side characters and their own issues rather than the big picture stuff.

Cleanse the palette after shoveling Korra down your throat.
>>
>>92165938
I want this so badly but without mako it just isnt the same.
>>
Keep both series as canon, and do a third one in a 1980's style setting. Maybe take some inspiration from stuff like terminator and tron. And Miami Vice.

Also, have one of Korra's children (but only one).
>>
>>92167527
The question is would it work in the Avatar setting and the obvious answer seems to be no.
>>
>>92168062
I don't know, man. Mysticism/Magic together with high technology can work really well (e.g Shadowrun). And if a 3rd series is set after LoK I can see them going down that route.
>>
>>92168127
>The question is would it work in the Avatar setting and the obvious answer seems to be no.
Everything can work well if done well but I doubt brike would pull it off well considering how well it worked out last time. Besides Jack is back and that's sort of cyberpunk.
>>
>>92168405
>Besides Jack is back and that's sort of cyberpunk.
Ten episodes ain't enough.
>>
>>92139085
>>92139085
/thread
>>
>>92153119
You can also just replace Mob's 100% explosions with the Avatar state
>>
Avatar as the main villain with the heroes trying to stop him.
Optionally Avatar starts out an anti-hero and slips into villainy over the course of the series.
>>
File: ab7.jpg (176KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ab7.jpg
176KB, 1366x768px
>>92169326
>Avatar as the main villain
>>
Retcon Korra, or do a previous avatar.

I would like to see an adult avatar since we've seen child, teen, ____.
>>
>>92168708
I'm glad stupid fucks like don't work on anything
>>
>>92167481
There's going to be lots of anime influence on it tho
>>
>>92167066
I want an an aaaggaaa..maheba.. tier opening song
>>
>>
AU about a hot-headed kid that doesn't know he's the avatar and doesn't think he can even bend but just brute force trains himself in all four elements without even knowing that nobody but the avatar should be able to do that.
>>
>>92139085
>>92169959
Retcon Korra as a hunky male

Brown female main characters are insufferable
>>
>>92170101
So Star Wars?
>>
A modern 2017 avatar
>>
>>92139010

Post-Apocalypse world thanks to the last Avatar fucking up so hard. The new Avatar will have to go kingdom to kingdom rebuilding society while learning what he is.
>>
Sequel series set at the point where technology is at the level of the 1980s-early 90s.
>>
>>92139010
I wouldn't

I'd argue avatar is like star wars. First series is original trilogy, the villians are defeated, nice ending. No need for a sequel. Then the movie shows up, everyone hates it, franchise in the shitter. Like the prequels. Then they make Korra and it's basically "MEN HAD THEIR CHANCE, NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE LADIES TO TAKE OVER" and even though it's fucking garbage, the critics love it because it's progressive. Also waifufags, kinda like Disney Wars.

Kinda, because star wars makes disney money, I wouldn't say the same for Nickelodeon/Korra

The only thing that could work is retcon, but that will never happen. Kinda like Star Wars.
>>
It'd be a continuity-driven slice of life starring womyn from across the globe and spectrums, as they explore queer intersectional feminist theory, dismantle the patriarchy, and shatter fragile masculinity everywhere.
>>
Make it the last cycle kind of thing. Like dark souls 3 did.
>>
>>92170472
My benda
>>
It's dead Jim, get over it
>>
Full on atomic post-apocalyptia a la Fallout.

Technology continued to advance at an unbelievable pace between Korra and present day, but Avatar Korea could not contain the ultimate threat. Exactly what happened is unknown, but everyone knows the Avatar failed.

Our protag is from the remnants of the Earth Kingdom and is secretly the Avatar. He is male and around the same age Korra was in her series. He primarily uses Earth and Metal bending along with firearms and explosives. Wears a great deal of metal combat armor. He 'catches' bullets with his armor via metal bending.

Was taught earth and metal bending by the old man that raised him 'already dead.' Knows he's the Avatar but quietly resents it. He's had experiences with spirits and has accidentally bent some of the other elements but doesn't train in them.

Begins with three parter about protag saving a pair of teenage siblings from Mad-Max style raiders out in post-apocalyptic ruins. Neither sibling is a bender but one is a good engineer and the other has excellent people skills. They go on to be the protag's entourage.

After single handedly whooping(read killing) the raiders in a 5-10 minute fight sequence that showcases a mix of bending, ordinance, and patient badassery, the protag decides to help escort the siblings to their destination, as it is only somewhat out of his way. Ep 2 has them surving exposure and then being hunted by a pack of monsters, ends with them at the siblings' destination, a 'city'. Ep 3 has the trio resting for the night only to split ways in the morning, but they all separately become embroiled in a city power struggle and the three team up again to bring an end to hostilities. Near the climax our protag is forced to do a bit of desperate fire bending, which only the siblings see. At the end of the episode the three are thanked by the city and settle in to a modest-but-intimate feast. The siblings quietly confront the protag and he doesn't deny being the Avatar.

1/2
>>
>>92171313
2/2

The siblings decide to accompany the protag on his mission: hunting down a specific monster in a specific ruin, which picks up in Ep 4.

As the series continues we worldbuild and solve the mysteries of the past at the same time, while dealing with the protag's reluctance to be the Avatar.

Turns out Korra's open-door policy to the spirit world backfired and international tensions resulted in the world being obliterated by Spirit-Powered-Nukes. Monsters are mutated spirits and the protagonist can feel them. Season antagonist is an organization who captures monsters and uses them to terrorize and dominate other settlements. Mid-Season finale is the rescue of the city from Ep 3 from the antags. Season finale is the organization being dismantled. Further seasons deal with protag's begrudging acceptance of his nature as he tries to help repair both the world, the spirits, and the Avatar State.

Engineer is nerdy and enthusiastic, has middling social skills and is somewhat prone to insecurity and angry embarassement. Faceman is sly, cunning, and seductive, but this belies a heart of gold, has a weakness for idealism that he fails to hide under faux-pragmatism. A terrible fighter. His more hedonistic nature occasionally causes trouble. Protag is part straight man, part laconic wit. Tends to be reserved and serious, but has a good nature. Is good with kids and pets, and has a strong respect for the elderly. Occasionally breaks into childlike fascination over small things, a la Aang, though this is still somewhat reserved, being more a gleeful trance than an exuberant celebration. Protag can be bullheaded and tends to do things the way he sees fit. Gets terribly embarrassed by lewd, busty women who constantly flock to him due to his youthful good looks and strong, silent demeanor. Despite their advances protag remains pure.
>>
File: 201779_1394867807997_full.png (613KB, 685x505px) Image search: [Google]
201779_1394867807997_full.png
613KB, 685x505px
>>92139010
>takes place just after Irohs death (no one can ever replace mako)
>gang is grown up
>start series with the different characters of the gang traveling to the fire nation from their respective countrys
>avatar gang all back together for a bittersweet reunion over irohs funeral
>after/during funeral zuko and sokka are formaly indoctrinated into the white lotus
>que conflict_of_some_kind.exe
>que political stuff with zuko and toph and aang
>gang continues doing missions and stuff undercover
Idk i am not all that creative but it sounds cool in my head
>>
File: 5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>92171313
>post-apocalyptia
>>
>series opens with Korra dying when she steps out of the shower, slips on the wet floor, and bashes her skull on the bathroom sink
>fast forward to the new Avatar as a young man
>the Earth Democracy has already fallen apart and the country is basically several large provinces constantly fighting with each other
>huge technological advancements led to a brief global cold war that ended in an even more brief hot war that decimated huge portion of the population with spirit-based nuclear armaments
>this caused the spirit world to bleed into the mortal plane so bad that large swaths of the planet are entirely uninhabitable by humans
>even "safe" places, like Republic City, are under near-constant threat of spirit monster attacks
>the entire planet (rightfully) blames Avatar Korra for basically bringing about the end of the world
>the new Avatar has to try and fix everything while avoiding getting lynched by torch-carrying mobs
>>
>>92171826
>series opens with Korra dying
this
>>92171793
>>
>>92139010
I can see a prequel being interesting, though I don't know what it would need to explain/add to the lore. I can see more adventures of the other avatars being cool though.

If I were to continue the series though, I'd do a far future dystopian setting.

The idea would be that because of Korra's actions, everything would go to shit. The world would be desolate and full of abandoned advanced technology. Humanity would consist of small bending tribes only, who, although their techniques are advanced, struggle to survive. The spirit world would be near-extinct as well.

I imagine the world would be this way because there was some cataclysmic war between humans and spirits, one that Korra escalated while trying to pretend like she's right. (Of course, with Assami always on her side constantly supporting her terrible decisions.)

The new series would involve trying to restore balance in the world, while also looking for the Avatar, but no one knows whether the avatar cycle even exists anymore, again, because of Korra.

In the mean time, Iroh constantly speaks with humans who were sent to the fog of lost souls. He provides a kind of therapy for them, by talking them through their issues/helping them make peace with themselves, and tries to guide them to the afterlife. The catch is that there are thousands of humans, and because of this, the fog of lost souls has now consumed the entirety of the spirit world. This is in part why there are few spirits left as well, and why both worlds are dying.
>>
>>92171871
>because of Korra's actions, everything would go to shit.
why
>>
>>92171826
>series opens with Korra dying when she steps out of the shower, slips on the wet floor, and bashes her skull on the bathroom sink

kek
>>
>>92139010
Anthology series, with each two or three episode arc focusing on a different Avatar throughout history.

Any other answer is stupid to me.
>>
All of these ideas are terribly fanfictiony. The sequel to Korra would be a world where Korra fucking off resulted in people relying on themselves, thus the next Avatar constantly gets questions like "why do we even need an avatar". Then a bad bad guy shows up who shows people why the avatar is still necessary. Boom, there's the one which they would actually probably go with and the one which is least fanfictiony.
>>
>>92171908
I'd have to think about it more thoroughly. But it'd have to do with how the spirit world and human world were never meant to be connected, that there is a reason why they are separate from each other. Thus it would all start with the fact that Korra opened that persistent portal in the middle of Republic City.
>>
>>92172111
no i need to show how much i hate korra
>>
>>92172111
Fuck off, the post apoc/spirit wasteland stories sound great, and provide for a different story than the the first two series. "Fanfictiony" my ass.
>>
>series opens with the birth of the new avatar
>quick montage of their upbringing until teenage hood
>is born to an earth bending family so color scheme would be green.
>throught the episode we learn about her/his daily life and personality
>one day on a trip to the spirit world with an elderly charachter from the prior series
>sees a bright light besides some rocks
>walks over and curiously reaches for it
>everything goes white
>Next three episodes are an arc of Aang in adulthood
>she/he can now communicate with Aang and Korra
>Turns out the past avatars weren't destroyed but spread far around the spirit and normal world
>every one he/she finds leads to a 2/3 part episode on said avatar
>series shows the avatar dealing with what is a parallel to the lead up to WW1
>this doubled with the action/adventure of finding the past avatars and learning about them
>Finally the tipping point happens and all four nations descend into war with each having an ally
>Much more mature avatar now holding many, but still just a fraction of the past avatars
>fights in the war
>avatar is at the sametime scapegoated bc public thinks she isn't doing her job
>avatar defeats series villain
>avatar turns blame to villains nation.
>forces villain to sign a strict treaty.
If the show gets a fourth series it opens with the past avatar getting assasinated.
>>
>>92165621
>the MC is Jafar
I want it.
>>
My idea is the best. The earth bender avatar after Korra dies at an early age and doesn't accomplish anything of note. Less and less benders are being born as technology begins to increase and outstrip the power of bending. Most of the world is ruled by evil megacorps ala Shinra. New firebender Avatar has to wage war with against the planet in order to save it from itself. Since Korra fucked up he has to travel the world and learn all manner of ancient and obscure bending techniques (combustion/lava/flying etc.) and befriend/tame super strong spirits in order to power his avatar state to a level where he can match the world's technology.
>>
I like the idea of the next avatar being a sandbender. It stays in the continuity line, but allows to explore an art of bending we really haven't seen. Plus it could have a really cool way to tell his story. By the time Korra died, technology could have advanced very far, maybe even computers or something like that is around, pretty much modern day tech. However, the avatar comes from a small tribe of what are essentially savages. There would be plenty of stories and character development that could from interacting with a world like that.
>>
File: nier fishing.png (4MB, 2096x1859px) Image search: [Google]
nier fishing.png
4MB, 2096x1859px
>>92139010
Go all nier with it. The humans aren't actually humans, they're just spirits emulating humans and their bending rights and one spirit got bonded with the avatar spirit.

It probably wouldn't work out that well.
>>
I would make it about the after math of the 100yr war and what happened with any and katara and toph, the accomplishes new enemies, how they did
>>
>>92139010
I would make it a trilogy of animated movies instead of a series. That would allow for more mature themes than Nickelodeon would allow on their network and also would kill any filler. Also I would set it long before Aang's time. Several centuries with an earthbending Avatar.
>>
>Korra didn't happen and technology stayed the same or whatever
>series 3 happens in a time similar to Aang's, but undetermined if future or past just to avoid it being a prequel/sequel
>Airbenders are either still alive or have already been repopulated
>earth avatar is born into an influential earth nobility family
>they raise him to be the de facto king, and instead of going around the world learning the various elements, the earth priests taught him lavabending, sandbending and fuck it, maybe mudbending, to replace fire air and water respectively and becomes detached from humanity
>show is about team avatar, a team of 4 people from each of the different nations determined to stop the avatar and really bring balance
>they eventually reach him and convince him to be good instead
>>
I think instead of going to the next generation Avatar I'd use the original concepts and make it take place in the distant future. It would give me the freedom to mostly ignore Korra without outright retconning it, and a blend of sci-fi and fantasy would be a fun setting to mess with.
>>
>>92170948
So is Korra=Force Awakens?
>>92167841
Wasn't one of the complaints with Korra is that the technology was all out of wack?>>92152623
>>92139010
Yeah what's with all the Korra threads recently?

Anyway, unpopular opinion is that I enjoyed the series but I don't think it should get a third series. Mainly because there's no nostalgia for it and I don't think anything else can be done with it.
>>
>Roughly a century after the Korra storyline
>Technology isn't entirely modern, probably late 80's-early 90's
>Anime influence continues, this time taking on a high school setting

>New Avatar is a timid and naive Earthbender
>School is in Republic City and specifically set up to find and train the new Avatar
>New Avatar is lead into an incredibly dangerous situation by upperclassmen and accidentally firebends to protect himself, exposing his power to himself and others
>While Korra's spirit guides him, his goal through the series is to reconnect with the past lives Korra severed her connection to
>>
>>92139010
Bryke won't let it happen.

Also what's the obsession with Cyberpunk recently?
>>
>>92139010

Have it directed by Genndy
>>
This is my autistic fanfictiony idea. There's no major crisis or anything, it's more like a story about a generic avatar learning all the elements and struggling with life:

Korra dies shortly after the end of B4, she was executed for being a dyke or something. So the new Avatar is born in a really poor village in the struggling and unstable Earth Kingdom. He's past the age where he should have been told he's the avatar, but the white lotus never found him and he never figured it out himself either. He is, obviously, a super talented earthbender, so in order to make money for his family and village he decides to compete in martial arts tournaments, which have become huge in the now democratic earth kingdom. (not pro-bending nonsense, more like the underground shit Korra was doing that one time, except official and very popular).

Anyway he quickly rises through the ranks and makes more than enough money for his whole village, and is now just competing in these tournaments because he likes it and wants to be the best. He's quickly recognized as one of the best earthbenders so he gets picked as a national representative for the bending world cup or whatever and is considered the favorite to take the whole tournament. However, in the first round of the tournament he's placed against a cute firebender girl who no one knows anything about or thinks much of, and this girl turns out to be really challenging. He winds up firebending reflexively to block an attack at one point and gets disqualified. He's permanently banned from all competitions for being the Avatar (and lying about it). And of course the white lotus swarm around him and start controlling his life. cont.
>>
>>92178779
He's not happy with everything that happened and just wants to get stronger and fight strong opponents. The white lotus set him up with some wise old master to teach him firebending, except he only respects practical strength, not just some old guy who can't even teach him forms anymore. So he runs away and plans to find the girl he almost lost to and plans to ask her to teach him firebending.

However, the girl is really difficult to find despite being in an international competition and everything. Government officials refuse to tell him anything (being that he's hiding that he's the avatar and he has no credentials) and no one in the public seems to know either. So there's some filler as he travels over the fire nation and helps random villages and crap. Eventually he tracks her down, she's part of this weird fire buddhist cult thing that takes heavy inspiration from airbending to use in their fire bending, and they follow airbending ideology. They are reluctant to train him because of how eager he is to fight, however they eventually acquiesce given as he's the Avatar. Conversely he likes the whole learning from airbending things but thinks pacifism is equivalent to doing nothing.

I have more but this is taking longer than I thought so I'll stop being a faggot
>>
>>92172191
>dude like what if magic nukes destroyed the world and then korra got raped and beheaded
>and then mutant spirits ruled the wastelands and the new avatar was mad max

No, these stories are fanfiction shit obsessed with taking the basic idea that a sequel must necessarily have changes in the future and going "WUT IF THERE WUZ A HUUUUGE CHANGE". It completely breaks with the end of legend of korra- which was a happy ending even if korra herself wasn't that useful- and shits all over the existing story.
>>
>>92141075
I like the idea of this, hell You could still salvage Korras character with this.
>>
>>92139200
>>92151267
I'd watch this.
>>
>>92139200

>They inadvertedly fulfills the Avatar's role by helping people as they travel
>>
>>92139010
I wouldn't. Just let the series rest.
>>
>>92181754
Yeah. I don't think Nick has much interest in it anyway. Only way it could come back is if it was NOSTALGIA and it just turned a decade old recently.
>>
>>92139010
"Modernday" Avatar that takes place after Korra, where everyone gets their shit together and the Avatar becomes irrelevant as a protector of the world and upholder of piece in a political sense.

It would revolve around tokusatsu tropes and culture as a teenage earthbender becomes a defender for justice
>>
>>92181867
Eh, once action cartoons become more in vogue again I feel like Nick will crawl back to Bryke and ask for another series. And then proceed to mismanage the advertising and airing schedule and tank its ratings after a strong start again.
>>
>>92178679
>Also what's the obsession with Cyberpunk recently?
Cyberpunk is now. Also GiTS and Blade Runner 2049.
>>
>>92178679
>>92182196
4chan has always been pretty obsessed with cyberpunk. Like every board, too
>>
>>92182196
I thought gits was supposed to be post-cyberpunk or something
>>
File: kinos_journey.jpg (63KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
kinos_journey.jpg
63KB, 900x350px
I would have the show follow a young scholar/scientist who's are aof interest is the Avatar. They travel around the post-LoK world talking to people and visiting ancient locations learning stories about as many past Avatars as they can. We see a lot of different perspectives and opinions about the Avatar, both as individuals (plenty of people no doubt hate Korra) and as a station (perhaps bringing back some of Amon's anti-bending politics minus the overt villainy). Here's the main point: the current Avatar has zero screen time, just brief mentions of her current activities. The show is episodic and focuses on the changing world, its people, and its history. Plenty of room for references and callbacks, but also lots of opportunity for new comfy world-building and mystic Asian storytelling.

Pic related; it shares the vibe I'm going for.
>>
>>92139200
That's basically what me and my friends are doing with the dnd avatar game we are running. Except we are letting the black lotus kill Korra in front of everyone so no one thinks there is an actual avatar.
>>
>>92181934
This is the best one. It would actually fit with the franchise.

I might just steal it.

In all seriousness, wasn't one of the main complaints with Korra that the tech felt out of place? I'm getting mixed messages.
>>92181992
I'd rather it go to Netflix. Voltron is doing well. Also I think they only wanna acknowledge Korra on their terms. Aaron Ehasz I know is someone who everyone would want, but he doesn't seem like a sociable guy. I understand his talent but I'm indifferent to him. I feel more of a connection to creatives who sorta put themselves out there or those while mysterious still puts out good shit.

Overall, this thread would both keep Korra in line or retcon which is hilarious. I wonder what's the honest opinion of the show here. It's always hivemind shit around here.
>>
>>92183031
>I'd rather it go to Netflix

I'm pretty sure nick owns the IP and I doubt they would sell it, even if they have no plans for it ever
>>
>>92183206
Yeah. I think Nick is done with action toons for a really long time though. How do you feel about this whole third series thing?
>>
>>92183705
In terms of how likely it is to happen? I do think there will be a time when kids get over the ADHD shit they're airing now and action cartoons will come back a bit, and at that time nick will turn back to the avatar franchise since it's a proven success twice.

In terms of whether I want it? I'd be totally down for it as long as Bryke aren't involved. At this point it is clear they are not talented show runners and certainly are bad writers. The series' cyclical nature makes it really easy to set up either sequel scenarios or prequel scenarios. And I think the worldbuilding and lore are strong enough that if you simply put it in the hands of talented people we could wind up with some really good cartoons.
>>
>>92139010
There would be a lot of spirit mumbo jumbo going on but this could tie up some loose ends and make the new avatar interesting.

>Korra dies in the spirit world (possibly just gave up her physical form)
>New Avatar is born IN the spirit world (kinda makes sense eh?)
>Child is unable to leave the spirit world

Something about the kid not being able to return to the human world until they are whole - something something you need to reclaim your past lives before joining humanity again.

>Season one starts with this
>Kids parents end up missing
>Either abandoned the kid in the spirit world or something happened to them
>Kid spends a few episodes growing up with spirits as a guide
>Some sort of spirit guide would be with them at all times (Aang? Korra? Some random new spirit?)
>This guide ends up protecting her/him from evil spirits while they are young
>Eventually kid starts to meet old avatars
>Avatars teach them bending techniques, but you can't bend in the spirit world (right?)
>Season ends with the kid ending their meeting with some significant avatar

>Season two - time skip
>Kid met less important avatars off screen
>Same shit goes on, new meetings etc
>Kid has seen humans often, but the spirit guide ushered him away
>Humanity has advanced since the passing of Korra
>Spirits have been used as an energy source/source of labor
>Really monstrous conditions
>Avatar eventually finds out what is up (to some extent)
>Tries to exit the spirit world but fucking korra
>Kid eventually meets more prominent avatars
>Korra would be absent
>Season ends with kid entering the human world (le cliff hanger meme)

>Season three kid finally sees the world for what it is
>Avatar has only known spirits, so his hatred towards humans grows as the series goes on
>Korra has been god knows where long enough for new generations to be born
>Bending is relatively rare nowadays
>Almost mythical in some parts of the world

cont
>>
>>92183884
I guess to both haha. I'm in the minority of liking both series (INB4 shit taste!) But a third series would be interesting. I'm honestly surprised that Nick hasn't milked this though. AVATAR is their biggest action adventure franchise and it's also original to boot.

I don't think it'll happen though. Not with current Nick
>>
>>92184193
>Avatar ends up joining some rebel group that attacks people/businesses that abuse spirits
>Group grows in size and power due to the influence of the Avatar
>Actual Avatar status still hidden but the avatar is sneaky enough to use all bending types
>They continue fighting as their group grows
>Season 3 ends with some major battle (probably one that they win, causing all world powers to see them as a threat)

>Season 4
>Fighting continues and escalates
>Violence on par or greater than that in Korra
>Fighting Fighting Fighting
>Big battle eventually comes up
>Avatar uncovers the avatar state (probably hidden for whatever reason)
>Rebel group cheers for the avatar to slaughter the troops
>"If we win, no more spirits will be harmed!"
>Avatar Korra appears to the current Avatar for the first time
>Blames herself for the state of the world
>This happened while I was away
>She just wanted to become more spiritual to better unite the world
>Aang reminds the avatar that their job is to bring balance to the world
>Killing people is bad
>Even with the evils they committed, you need to set the example
>Avatar eventually shows mercy
>Final scene has the avatar as an older man (or chick who knows) smiling over the city as humans and spirits are finally living in harmony
>Screen fades to black
>Moments later you hear the sound of a newborn crying
>End credits

I think it could be interesting honestly. The avatar would probably be almost autism-tier when it came to human interactions though.
>>
>>92181696
>>92139200
If they started like this it'd be great, eventually the Avatar would get pulled into something that does call for them though and claiming their title at some point. Could be a good concept.
>>
Earth Avatar. Height of his/her career. Elements mastered, stable relations with the spirits. Happily married, spouse makes occasional appearances but is not really a major character. Kids optional. No pressing emotional or identity issues. The show is to be more about their role as the Avatar than them as a person.

This is not the earth Avatar immediately succeeding Korra. This is the one to come four Avatars later. Fake out concerning that premise in the opening of the first episode optional.

Conflict might potentially come from:
>Benders feeling redundant in the technologically advanced society
>Human expansion into the Spirit world
>Malicious spirits hiding in the mortal world
>a geopolitical mess left by a lazy former avatar a la Kuruk
These are just a few potential ideas.
>>
Forgive the format im on my phone

It's been many years since Avatar Korra, the avatar and all bending is regarded as a lost myth.
The spirits grew restless and mad over the years without a connection to the other side. It was only a matter of of time before they found a way to our side.

While the escaping spirits begin to terrorize our world, a college student is more concerned about why the tea afficianado old man in her dreams is missing than the fact her friends' seem to being controlling various elements.

Until she destroys a fountain and breathes fire. Now it's up to her and her friends to search the globe for the missing tea lover while trying to figure out what the hell's going on.

I'm thinking of calling it "Avatar: Where In The World Is General Iroh?"

No canon pairings unless you count the ten years later epilogue as canon.

The only thing I'm really insisting on is the MC and Iroh fighting side by side against the big bad. I really just want it to end up with Iroh being the big hero with the avatar just trying to figure out what the avatar is supposed to do and trying not to screw up both worlds.
>>
>>92165555
At least one airaboo became an airbender.
>>
>>92165555
quad 5's confirm airaboos as an official part of avatarverse lingo
>>
>>92139314
sounds pretty good.
>>
>>92165524
I think one specific acolyte was mentioned as turning into a bender, but the rest were unaffected
>>
Okay, so my idea is is we sidestep both the original series and do a series about the second avatar.

This is the avatar no one saw coming. Nobody knew (besides the spirits) that the first avatar would be reborn, so nobody knows to look for him. He is reborn an air bender again since the first was technically a fir bender first, but these aren't the peace loving monks we know in the future. These are warriors monks. Remember, the first avatar dies during a Great War trying to bring peace to the world of spirits and men. This air bender grows up knowing war, knowing loss. And one day out of desperation learning he has the ability to fire/earth/water bend trying to save the life of a friend. Suddenly realising that these stories they told about the man who could bend all the elements aren't just stories, restoring hope to a mankind that has been warring with the spirit and losing that war for years. Suddenly training him becomes important, suddenly placing him in a place of power is essential. This avatar, his whole life becomes about how he needs to win this war for his people, how he needs to defeat the spirits for his people. This series will be about how this avatar is thrust into a war from the very beginning. How he is constantly thrown into war and how he must overcome it to choose peace.
>>
WW1-ish with benders.

Introduce firearms, heavy artillery, and mid-20's/30's aircraft.

Early tanks.

Have the world's bending population massively reduced due to a global war.

Earth Kingdom Avatar has to cope with the fact that it's his home nation that started the whole mess by trying to retake the land they lost during the 100 Years War.

>Fire benders will commit suicide rather than risk capture by the enemy, because they know they'll be tortured to death as revenge for burning people alive.
>>
>>92186404
Thank you; I tried my best.

I feel like the best way to continue the Avatar series is to completely flip around who the Avatar actually is, not simply how they act compared to what others expect. Aang was a reluctant Avatar who learned to harness his powers for good despite his fears of becoming a monster. Korra was a headstrong and prideful Avatar who learned (or was supposed to learn, at least) humility and temperance rather than diving right into the battle. When you have these two extremes, there's no real way to take an Avatar other than to flip around their actual origin.

Hence why I have my two different ideas: A non-bender who wants to become the Avatar, and a false Avatar who doesn't realize they are a phony.
>>
Skip to next firebending avatar. Cyberpunk by this point since both Korra and earth guy had long lives. Global elite is trying to homogenize the world, paint bending as destructive, violent, racist, outdated. It's gotten to the point where you can't get hired for jobs if you are a bender, so most people hide their bending. Bending is mostly only used by gangs and other criminals at this point, further creating the image that it's just inherently violent. Last avatar did nothing to stop this trend.

There's an underground resistance of benders who are counting on the next avatar to restore rights to benders, but while waiting for the avatar to come of age, this group has effectively been acting as a terrorist organization, assassinating important politicians oppressing benders and such. On top of that there's lots of infighting between benders of different nations, making it difficult to establish a unified global pro-bending, pro-separate nations movement.

The government has established an elite group of non-benders who are skilled at secretly hunting down and killing prominent benders, these are the main bad guys. Also, it's worth mentioning that since bending being passed on is a combination of spirituality and genetics, the combination of people hiding their bending (and thus not practicing) and people being killed for bending means that bending dying out, at least for a generation, is a possibility.

Avatar's job is to navigate this complex political situation and restore balance to the world.
>>
>>92139010
Lesbian and gay shit everywhere.
>>
>>92186810
They had more advanced tech on Korra though.
>>
>>92167481
Because Steampunk isn't relevant to modern society.
>>
>>92139010
Make a 200+ year timeskip and make the world a high concept sci-fi place where civilization is powered by spirit energy
>>
>>92187796
>They had more advanced tech on Korra though.
>Metal benders' big weapon was throwing bits of metal at people
>And that giant robot that would've been destroyed in seconds by WW1 artillery from miles away because it's made of fucking platinum.
>>
File: CgrAYHNUoAExPUd.jpg (39KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
CgrAYHNUoAExPUd.jpg
39KB, 600x466px
>>92168062
I love Shadowrun and I cannot disagree with you more, chummer. The only way to ramp up the tension between magic and technology is to go full cyberpunk, or at least post industrial.

I believe in the cyberpunk
>>
File: 1476845628027.png (211KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
1476845628027.png
211KB, 640x639px
Just an idea
>the"meta" of bending emulates air bending with all this high flying spider man shit has only gotten more prevalent
>but this comes at the cost of stamina and stopping power
>Earth Avatar is a fucking tank who smacks bending ballerinas out of the air
>Doesn't take any of the spirits shit, if they want free reign of the mortal realm they actually have to pitch in, no more squatting then running off when shit goes down
>main struggle is cleaning up all the shit Korra caused, and the inherent stigma she gave the Avatar title
>and something something like this >>92139200
>>
>>92179379
I mean, you're not wrong, but that's basically what LOK did to ATLA, so even if the specific concepts aren't quite copacetic, the general notion isn't unprecedented.
>>
>>92139702
My nigger I have had this exact same idea except they do it in Korra's lifetime and she dies stopping the comet from destroying all life but it still resets covilisation to more primitive times
>>
>>92169326
This raises a good question, have their been evil Avatars before? Imagine if one or two avatars went 'fuck this, I'm conquering shit' and are purged from the Avatars collective past lives so they can't influence the next avatars.
>>
>>92190260
I feel like the Good Tapeworm would cut them off of that happened. The Avatar Spirit also probably gets passed to people who are predisposed (or, at least, in a good environment) towards good.
>>
>>92139010
More hetero shipping to trigger tumblr
>>
>>92139010
Retcon Korra
>>
>>92140819
Korra is 17-18 or so in the first seasons. This takes place in what I'm guessing to be the early to mid 1930's (avatar to real life tech comparison.)
Unless Korra dies prematurely, I don't see another avatar being reincarnated until at least 2000, where Korra would be close to 80 when she dies.
Avatar in the modern world would be kinda weird, but I'd still watch it.
>>
takes place in the 90's. twin avatars that each get 2 powers. no idea about the rest, i guess war and shit.
>>
>>92139010

>Thousand years before Aang, but a thousand years after Wan.
>Earth Kingdom is shattered into a series of states, with warlords battling for supremacy a la the Sengoku Jidai or the Warring States of Post-Han China.
>Avatar is off solving this crisis and nowhere to be seen.
>Story is about a single village ravaged by this conflict.
>Most of the men are dead or conscripted.
>Bandits plague the village
>Story is basically Seven Samurai meets High Noon.
>Water bender is a daughter of a caravan merchant who is murdered by the bandits. Is out for revenge.
>Fire bender is a old noblewoman, making a trek back to her country.
>Earth bender is a mute, an ex-criminal who's tongue was torn out by a local lord.
>Air bender is a disgraced drunkard of a monk who has lost connection with his spirituality.
>>
a series where each book is a different avatar's journey in mastering their most opposite element
first 1 or 2 episodes of each should be character/world building to give us a close look at the avatar and who they are and what the world as a whole looks like in their time
>>
>>92191670
this holy shit
>>
>>92139010
you know that robot chicken sketch about how Ted Turner is an eco terrorist who thinks he's captain planet?

well meet your new avatar, in a grimdark future where tech has rapidly outpaced bending in function and lethality, this deranged hobo child intends to just blow up all the evil corporations and thinks that will solve everything.
obviously their character arc is about them learning how retarded that is and that blind prejudice prevents you from seeing better solutions.

also the previous avatar was a hermit who spent most of their life in quiet meditation in buttfuck nowhere while the one before them spent their whole life in the spirit realm, so as far as public knowledge is concerned the avatar just stopped showing up like 200 years prior so everyone assumes the cycle got broken and anyone claiming to be the avatar is a fraud and probably using tech to pretend otherwise.

to make things worse its just those two, one other, and fucking Korra available for consultation, and MC thinks all four of them are full of shit since they let the world get the way it is
>>
A few years after Avatar Korra passes, strange men on a boat wash up ashore the Fire Islands. They actually speak the language, but they are amazed at the technology of the world. Eventually it is discovered that the other half of the planet (which was described as "all ocean" by Bryke) has continents. It is unknown when these continents emerged as nobody in the four nations have bothered to travel outside of their hemisphere. For as long as history was recorded, it was long accepted that the rest of the planet was ocean, thus nobody would bother with travelling through the western hemisphere.

Turns out the men come from a world that is more inspired by Europe & Africa, yet is very technologically behind. Bending isn't known there; rather, people fight by "manipulating" nature.

The avatar is an ambassador for the spirit world, but what this era needs is someone to be a diplomat for two different lands that suddenly share a planet.
>>
File: 5976973672_dc1c7f8f56_o.jpg (581KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
5976973672_dc1c7f8f56_o.jpg
581KB, 3648x2736px
>>92139010
Amon the Prequel series.

>Non-Bender boy (MC) lives with his family on a farm not far from a town.
>The town gets harassed by Benders who they pay tribute to with crop yields and money. The Benders "protect" them from other violent sources.
>MC loses his family after his father and many of the men in the village stand up to the benders.
>Town gets pillaged and burned down because of the men actually killing a few of the benders and the MC is horribly scarred for life.
>MC then travels the world (Angry at Benders) and encounters a Master who teaches him how to survive on his own and the art of chi-blocking to defend himself, before disappearing from the MC's life.
>MC eventually comes to a new town being harassed by benders, and he teaches the towns residents how to defend them self with chi-blocking, and becomes their leader as they expand and defeat bending gangs in the countryside which earns them the eye of the head of these groups.
>MC leads the commune to prosperity and thinks he can live the rest of his life doing what he does, and comes to forgive benders when a displaced group of them with children take refuge in his commune and help out the community.
>Everything goes to shit though as the head of the gang the MC and commune been getting rid of attacks them in a surprise attack, and they were let in by some of the benders in the commune for money and to pay back debts.
>MC is forced to flee and their hate for benders is solidified which catches the attention of spirits who teaches them energybending out of pity.
>The MC then comes to believe them self to be a messiah of Non-Benders, and takes in any non-bender to train them in order to create a Non-Bender Kingdom in the world (Even if it causes a world war) as the new Avatar, an Earth Bender promises to address the inequality between Benders and Non-Benders in the world.
>>
File: 1490410070506.jpg (139KB, 861x673px) Image search: [Google]
1490410070506.jpg
139KB, 861x673px
ok let me ask something here why do you fucking idiots think every spirit is bad not all of them are most of the bad ones want to be left alone and now almost everybody thanks to the avatar respects spirits more so what the fuck is the big problem
>>
World War 2 era Earthbender who shoots bullets from his hands. The bad guy is Airbender Hitler who kills people with poison gas.
>>
>>92193358
What the fuck am I reading? Use punctuation & capitalization, dumbass!
>>
File: 1492842911624.jpg (85KB, 1024x770px) Image search: [Google]
1492842911624.jpg
85KB, 1024x770px
>>92193420
not an argument phoneposter
>>
>>92144734
Kyoshi?
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.