[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get into this cancer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 16

File: 0.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Just starting a thread to see how you guys started watching Steven Universe. I'll start.
>Hiatus between Gravity Falls season
>feelsbadman.jpg
>Sudenly clips of Steven Universe show up in my recommended videos.
>Fuckit I've got nothing better to do and watch the first episode.
>Finish it and thought it was pretty shit
>end credits start playing the comfiest music I have ever heard.
>Decide that I still am a useless piece of shit with nothing better to do and binge the entire 1st season.
>Finally enjoy the show more than the end credits.
>First time I ever used comfy to describe a show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUSWlgZXvY
>>
>>92137467
I watched it when it came out.

I still enjoy it.
>>
It's all Amethyt's fault.
>>
>>92137467
I binge it back in 2014 when the latest episode was Chilled Tid
>>
>pilot comes out
>hear it's by someone who worked on Adventure Time
>check it out
>looks decent
>decide to watch the series when it starts
>>
>tfw season 1 wins you over despite everything
>sucked into the show just to see it turn shittier with each new season

They did this on purpose
>>
>>92137467
>end of 2015 summer
>have been smoking DUDE WEED LMAO every single day since the beginning of Ausust
>got rejected by a girl I got obsessed with after I plain told her I wanted to fuck her
>wrote a 20 page letter where I told my story in a very inconsistent writing style because drugs
>I move to another town
>get kind of depressed
>oh look a new cartoon I haven't watched yet
>a good part of /co/ is already into it, mostly because gem harem
>I fell for the horse show in a similar situation, so why the hell not?

Then I started drawing some shit but I stopped at the end of 2016
>>
File: 1494024231265.gif (609KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1494024231265.gif
609KB, 540x304px
>>92137467
>at church
>kids are singing some cookie cat shit
>look it up
>wow, this looks pretty cute

Years later I realized I was a lesbian and I'm currently wearing a star shirt browing Tumblr for fanart.

I got SJewed
>>
File: jailbreakjap.png (283KB, 515x810px) Image search: [Google]
jailbreakjap.png
283KB, 515x810px
>>92137467
Was jerking off to theglassfishbowl in 2013 when i saw some animator in her favorites that had animated part of the intro for "steven universe." Whatever.

Later watching Regular Show on Demand when I saw short preview clips for each character. Thought it was really cool, Laser Light Cannon got me instantly hooked. Have been watching ever since.
>>
>>92137467
It was on TV. I liked it and started to follow it.
>>
File: 1449544944635.png (450KB, 1006x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1449544944635.png
450KB, 1006x1152px
>>92137467
>Hey those two seems pretty cool, nice to see some serious villains in a cartoon for once, maybe I'll watch

I hate myself
>>
File: cookiecat.gif (922KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
cookiecat.gif
922KB, 400x320px
>>92137467
I saw the pilot when a friend sent it to me, and told me that it was actually getting picked up by CN. I liked it, but wasn't really all that excited with it. When the final designs for the show came out I shat on it like everyone else, but eventually warmed up to them and soon preferred them to the pilot designs after seeing them in motion when the show aired.
Pretty quickly I became obsessed with it and started drawfagging for the initial SU threads that were chock full of discussion about the potential of the show. I was still in school back then, and found myself filling sketchbooks while I was in class with SU characters and comic ideas I had that I wanted to draw. It really got me into drawing regularly and frequently, which has helped me now, but at the same time hurt me because I wasn't drawing content for original characters and using my own stories.
I remember when Tiger Millionaire was my favorite episode, I couldn't have known the completely cool shit that was coming with Jasper's introduction. Jasper especially sucked me into the show even further and made me an obsessive waifufag. That pair of episodes was when everyone started to jump on the hype train for SU, and the threads became a lot more crowded. I still like it now, but the scheduling is so bad that it's hard to still be obsessed with it like I was for the first couple of seasons. I'll definitely be tuning in for the episodes where Steven goes to homeworld, though.
Can't believe I'm feeling nostalgic for something that I've only known for 4 years.
>>
>>92137467
Saw the Series Premiere and I've loved it ever since.

It's been a rocky road, but I have hope that this series will have a satisfying conclusion.
>>
File: IMG_0107.gif (141KB, 498x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0107.gif
141KB, 498x286px
>>92137467
Someone posted this screenshot in a /g/ thread and it intrigued me.
>>
>>92138587
I feel you anon. I started this show for the action, and each season has just gotten worse and worse.
>>
I had gone without tv for months because there was nothing to watch. One day I decided to turn it on and I caught the premire. Been a big fan since then.
>>
>>92137467
Boredom and deja vu.
>>
>>92139152
same story
someone posted a picture of Pearl on /fa/ ad it got me looking
can't find the exact picture though
>>
File: acoolconcept.gif (846KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
acoolconcept.gif
846KB, 400x225px
>>92137467
Saw this clip. Liked the idea. Reminded me of the Tinish packs in Fire Upon the Deep.
>>
>>92138482
>at fucking church
>>
>>92137467
like with AT, I started watching it immediately after fandom turned on it and started saying it got worse, because I'm some kind of contrarian.
>>
>>92139360
For anyone's who interested...

There's a planet of dog-like aliens that are individually unintelligent. They evolved sophisticated high frequency sonic communication. At one point in their evolution this communication became so efficient that it snowballed into what's essentially telepathy. Brain to brain communication. Where one dog was just a rather clever animal. 3 or 4 are a person. The names of the dogs of a pack fuse to form a name. Wric, Rac, and Rum, become Wricracrum. This sonic telepathy limits them in extra pack communication. because in close proximity their minds may merge into a chorus which leads to orgy, violence, chaos and occasionally scientific leaps.
>>
File: wojak8.png (8KB, 499x501px) Image search: [Google]
wojak8.png
8KB, 499x501px
>>92137467
normalfag friend got me into it
>tfw only have 3 friends
>tfw the only one I had a more than surface level friendship with is a massive fag that doesn't talk to me anymore
>>
>>92139555

>For anyone's who interested...

Trust me, no one is. Keep your aspargus in your pockets.
>>
>>92139733
Good thing it's your choice whether or not you read the post.
>>
I was also in the Gravity Falls hiatus and everybody kept talking about SU as one of the best modern cartoons of all time, so of course I had to look into it. It was kind of poor compared to GF and OTGW, but it was still pretty damn good and I still believe it's a great show.
>>
>Tried watching it at first but couldn't get into it and dropped it after three episodes.
>/co/ flips out at Mirror/Ocean Gem and I give it a second try, ended up loving it.
>>
>hanging out over at friend's house, just the usual gang hanging out
>friend brings out her external drive asked if we knew about it
>she recommends it and kinda forced us to watch
>sees the pastel
>I hate pastel but for some reason it works in this show.
>Fell asleep till episode 20 or something
>start to like the characters
>oh shit mirror gem
>oh shit conspiracy
>oh shit she's actually pretty fucking gay

Now they over did the gay and the pacing suck. What the hell happened to this show?
>>
>>92137467
>was a huge fan of Becky's AT episodes
>hear she has her own show coming
>watch the pilot
>loved it
>watch the show Season 1 and 2 are great
>dropped it like a month ago.
>>
What do you mean with worse by each season? I recently picked up SU after completely ignoring it since it first aired
>>
>see thread on /co/ about it before it started airing
>complaints about the new designs
>watch the pilot, was pretty good
>followed the show by myself once it started
>mirror gem/ocean gem happened
>"I need to discuss this with people!"
>become a /sug/ regular
>>
>>92138482
Not really. Just accept it's your lifestyle and don't be obnoxious about it. There's nothing worse than anyone who wants to show off how cool they are by being gay. Just act like it's normal and move on
>>
>>92138299
>>92141327
these for me as well

I wonder how many of the fans were here from the start compared to bandwagoners who hopped aboard with Ocean Gem or Jailbreak
>>
>watching Regular Show
>commercial comes on
>STEVEN UNIVERSE ON TOMORROW AT 8/7C!

Been watching since then. I miss RS too.
>>
>>92137467
>see promo
>chowder wannabe Raised by lesbians
>ok can't be that bad
>latter a that week I'm already at end of season 1 just for the premiere of the last episodes.
>>
File: 1445080842635.jpg (87KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
1445080842635.jpg
87KB, 500x402px
>>92137467
>clips from jailbreak
>done

That's all it took to get me hooked up. Mostly because it gave me a impression that the show was intense, interesting, beautiful and somewhat alien all the time. It's ok nowadays, I guess.
>>
>>92137467
I heard Becky Sucrose was the creator and she made some episodes of Adventure Time I like so I gave it a shot. It was gay as fuck and it seemed like Steven could do no wrong, but then Ocean Gem happened and I started actually liking the show. Still gay as fuck though.
>>
File: 1480891223679.png (392KB, 700x546px) Image search: [Google]
1480891223679.png
392KB, 700x546px
I first got into just a couple of days agobefore the shitty Sardonyx Bomb aired.

I saw the Jasper vs Garnet fight on YouTube, which made me decide to watch Jailbreak, which made me decide to binge the show because it looked cool. Season one ended up being the best season, I didn't like three and four very much.
>>
>>92137467
I hate the story of how I got into SU, because it shows that I'm a weak willed faggot.

It was about two years ago, I think. I had been following a quest on /tg/ for some time, namely Homeless Mutant Quest. I got into it for the waifu, stayed for the fantastic villains and constant paranoia. There was a scene where we were playing from the perspective a side character for a little, I believe it was Bishop (as in, X-Men Bishop. But as a kid). The characters are all sitting in a food court and there's a TV playing in one of the nearby windows, and as a way of indicating that the character we're playing is uncomfortable the QM keeps referencing whatever's on the screen. There was a brief mention of crying rock people or something and someone else in the thread pointed out it was an SU reference.

At the time I had no clue what SU was about, nor had I ever seen a full episode, and I admit I was one of those people that spat incessant venom about it because I assumed it was bad and SJW shit and all the usual stuff. But because Crusty was a good writer, it made me want to check the show out.

And here I am.
>>
>>92137467
Jut catch up the Frybo episode on TV
Good artstyle + amazing OST. Still have a lot of heh music but not bad like the last seasons.
S1 is legit comfy , S2 was also very good.
S3 was ok and S4 is absolute trash. Both last seasons also have mediocre to bad music, don't know what happen to Avishura
My favorite song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yG8caPPY1Y
>>
>Interested in it as peeps keep saying it's "AT without pacing issues with its filler and its lore"
>Liked it well enough because of initial aspects, being a fun lore, Connie being his first crush, mommy issues and the slow Rose reveals
>Loved the S1 finale and went on to watch the rest

>Enter S2, Peridot became best pony and started shipping her and Steven because /sug/ and tumblr doesn't and they're cute together
>Start shipping Greg and Amethyst
>Realize neither ships will go past the point of friendship, move onto liking other parts of the show

>Kept on loving Rose episodes and the townies
>Kept on hating Lars and having conflicting feelings about Sadie and Ronaldo

Eventually dropped the show after Steven got rescued from being bubbled into space, not because of what had happened but because I kinda lost interest in hunting new episodes during the time /co/'s SU threads were mad about the newer episodes and figured this is the point in the series that it becomes AT-bad with the pacing, and apparently it's the overuse of lore and flanderizations of characters that made the recent episodes bad.
>>
Saw the pilot online (I think I first heard about it on /co).

Gen Glow premiered on my birthday. I had just started a job i hated so Frybo really spoke to me.

I liked that Steven was inarguably a fuck up but the gems still put up with him.
>>
>>92142442
That's pretty much how things happen to me too.

I got in P4 because someone said it had a cool boss theme, got into SU because I liked the character fusion aspect of Ruby and Sapphire and I am just now getting into Panty and Stocking because someone said it had a Ren and Stimpy reference.

It's always the little things. My life is a prime example of the butterfly effect in action.
>>
>>92137467
I watched Adventure Time and OTGW and then the episodes in the first season were good, the boy was funny and Pearl had a beautiful voice, I just skipped Connie's episodes and then Lapis appeared and she was cool and then Peridot appeared and she was cute and a great ship for Steven.
>>
>>92137467
>new show on CN from that Adventure Time girl
>music by some artists I follow on bandcamp
>animation is actually pretty good
And I followed it all the way until it finished in season 3.
>>
I never did
>>
>>92139152
That was me, except Pearl in a sweater hitting a glass container. It's her cutest moment.
>>
>>92138482
>At church

Being gay is a sin.

Your going to hell.
>>
Definitely jailbreak. The new leaked bomb left a pretty good cliffhanger at least.
>>
>>92137467
>meet girl im super into
>hear her talking about SU
>be a faggot
>binge the whole thing (around the end of S2 at the time)
>get with girl and forget about the show for a while
>break up january this year and binge the rest of the show
>>
File: 1414461276446.png (168KB, 365x442px) Image search: [Google]
1414461276446.png
168KB, 365x442px
>>92141763
>Jasper x Garnet
this is such a good pairing and yet I don't really see it that much
>>
>>92137499
Ayy my nigga
>>
>Learn about comic artist named Rebecca Sugar who did a weird simpsons comic, that chubby mary page that always showed up on /b/ cry threads, and a few other images
>years later, find out that same person is involved with AT (which I got into from the pilot) and responsible for the best musical parts and a lot of the really good eps
>later again, find RS is getting her own show
>fan from the pilot onward

I knew about RS in about...2006 it had to be? At that point it was just "oh this person has an interesting style."

Everything she's done has been enjoyable to me. I really like SU, regardless of /co/'s feelings. I agree it's not perfect but what is.
>>
>Refuse to watch SU because i hate AT
>a friend send me "stronger that you"
>"hey that's pretty good"
>find the first season pretty meh but continue
>loved the peridot arc
the show has low and highs, the other arc i enjoyed the most was smorky quatz
>>
>>92139733
>keep you autism to yourself anon.
>literally just describing another example of fusion being used within a work of fiction

so sorry my brief description of my interest in SU made you have a fit, laddie
>>
I was really bored and into gem/rock collecting. I saw a cartoon with gem people and thought "Huh, what the fuck why not" and here I am, still bored.
>>
>>92137467
Saw a garnet cosplay at an anime con that my weeb friends took me to. This was the first time I heard of the show really being a thing so I figured I'd check it out. Now the friend who originally told me about it gave up on the show and I'm still on Sugar's wild ride.
>>
It's weird how the show works with me. Everytime I'm on the verge of dropping the show it brings something interesting up.

That being said, I hate the new bandwagon is everyone sucking season 1's dick. They had tons of shit tier episodes like the one we had in season 3 & 4. Season 2 is always top-tier.

Season 5 is getting my hopes up. Both Sugar and the writers look excited for this season.
>>
File: Steven-Universe.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Universe.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>92137467
I saw the poster, saw people talking about how the creator was Rebecca Sugar of AT. Remember that Rebecca was that ukulele girl who wrote songs for Marceline.

Watch the pilot, it's pretty nice. Then months later people start laughing at this picture, which was a preview screenshot that came up on news sites. I was pretty discouraged by all the comments on /co/, so I only kept up with the show irregularly.

Then I got to Giant Woman and I guess that's when the show hooked me for the long run. The previous episodes were also quite nice, but in a 'comfy' way like you said. That cute way Opal sings back to Steven was so heartwarming, and Opal's reveal before that had me at the edge of my seat.

Stockholm Syndrome or not, sometimes the show can really grab my attention like that. It doesn't always happen, but I'm too far into it to drop out now. I like discussing the show in the ever so rare instances where people aren't throwing shit for even talking about it positively.
>>
>>92137467
I saw the cookie cat song on tumblr
>>
File: 1455779347002.png (685KB, 1130x934px) Image search: [Google]
1455779347002.png
685KB, 1130x934px
Never did and so glad.
>>
>>92137467
Rebecca Sugar did all of the best Adventure Time episodes. I spent so long waiting for her very own show, and it was.. mediocre. Until Garnet was revealed to be a fusion, of course.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.