[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this TV show any good, /co/? Should I watch it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: gotham-tv-show-cast.jpg (135KB, 900x1293px) Image search: [Google]
gotham-tv-show-cast.jpg
135KB, 900x1293px
Is this TV show any good, /co/? Should I watch it?
>>
>>92136243
They say penguin is killing it.
>>
>>92136243
Depends on what you want out of it. If you're expecting a serious character exploration, or something like Gotham Central, you're out of luck.

I love it, though, because it's utterly insane like no other mainstream show I've seen. It's like Crank meets Batman. You have the Penguin casually chopping off a guy's hand mid-conversation, and he re-appears at the end of an episode with a huge hammer as his hand.

Mooney rips out her own eye to establish dominance and gets a new one, while the guy who screwed up gets Mengele'd and now has dainty women's arms stitched to him.

At one point there's a conversation about where exactly should a woman's decapitated head be in a room - they're using her as decoration. This is after the guy secretly fed her her own children.

It's gory, unpredictable, over the top, VERY hammy and often hilarious.

So it's a good representation of what I imagine Gotham to feel like.
>>
>>92136340
Thanks for the informative reply. Wow, I didn't know it was that fucked up. Does Bruce Wayne play a big role or is he just a side character?
>>
File: Riddler.png (940KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
Riddler.png
940KB, 1280x716px
>>92136243
season 1 was kind of shit but then it got good
>>
>>92136494
Bruce is part of the main cast, but he's effectively a side character.

Gordon promised to find the Waynes' killers, and this is a recurring theme in the season which allows them to interact every few episodes, with Bruce going off on his own to do research after a while.

Bruce is a surprisingly well done character - the child actor is good, and sells the wide range of emotions necessary (aside from the frankly bad pilot, where he comes across as a bit too emo). You see the perseverance, tenacity, ingenuity and disregard for his own well-being that make it believable that this is a kid who grows up to be Batman.

Alfred is... very different from the comics, and is a gruff, no-nonsense vet who tries to take care of Bruce and ends up being his first combat mentor.

Penguin and the Riddler are quite possibly the best incarnations of either character (at least in the past couple of decades), and their evolution is my favorite part of the show. They get the most character development, amusingly.

Season 1 is more like Batman Year One, in that it's mostly about the Falcone-Maroni conflict, with virtually no "real" Rogues around, or at least not in their recognizable forms. It starts off kind of ehhh but they find their footing fairly quickly.

S2 is when the shit hits the fan and you have fucking Mr. Freeze and Azrael and a bunch of the more outlandish foes.
>>
>>92136703
This sounds really cool, I'll surely watch the first couple episodes and see if I feel like watching the rest too. Do you know what's intended to happen in future seasons?
>>
>>92136243
I watched the part of the first season, but stopped somewhere. I'll probably wait for the series to be done and then watch it, since I hate waiting for new episodes, but I'll definitely come back.

The replies here were already pretty good, so I'll just say don't expect it to be too much like a normal Batman story. I'd say the first season (or at least what I saw) is more like a detective story mixed with the godfather.

And yes, Penguin is definitely brilliant.

Also, without spoiling anything major, is Scarecrow well done? I saw basically his origin on youtube and wasn't too happy with that...
>>
>>92137293
His origin is reasonably well done, his father was fairly tragic and he got caught up in his father's mania. But he hasn't returned quite yet
>>
>>92137022
though this works for most series it doesn't hold up for gotham

watch the first seasson, it sets up everything thats fun about the show while having a few good and a few whacky fun episodes

netflix should have it
>>
I fucking hate every single Bruce and Selina storyline. Every single one. I don't hate the acting or the actors...their stories are just boring and stupid.

Penguin and Riddler carry the show. Falcone and Barbara keep the show interesting. I like Gotham better than the standard FX capeshit.
>>
>>92137022
The first couple episodes kind of suck. I actually stopped watching it for a while after like 3 episodes because I just wasn't feeling it but eventually got back into it after hearing /co/ and /tv/ both praising it. It picks up about halfway through season one and remains great throughout.
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (12KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
12KB, 300x250px
Is this guy supposed to be The Joker? Pic related.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.