[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's that time /co/. Get it off your chest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: say it.jpg (19KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
say it.jpg
19KB, 500x440px
I'll start

>NuPPG isn't NEARLY as bad as TTG. Whereas nuPPG is merely forgettable at it's very worst, it will never reach the level of cringey dogshit that is Teen Titans Go. Though, the removal of Ms.Bellum is still bullshit.

>People are overreacting when it comes to Ashi. And dropping a show you've been waiting for, for years, because of one character, shows that you maybe didn't care about the direction the creator wanted to take.

>Most people who dump on shows liked SU, Star vs, and yes, even MLP, don't really have a reason why and that irritates me.

>I've recently started watching the current Ben 10 reboot and I think I may prefer it to the original.
>>
TTG isn't that bad, you bitches, it's the schedule.
TTG is like a tootsie roll, and the other shows are like snickers, kit kats, blow pops, etc.
Tootsies rolls are okay, not the best candy, but it would piss me off if it was the only candy in my Halloween bag.
>>
I unironically enjoy TLH.
>>
>>92135110
I'mma be honest, I was seriously cool with the idea of TTG at first. I was like "A new TT show with a lighter tone and that sweet TT shorts art?
Sign me up!" But then I saw the warning signs. They changed the art and when with cheaper animation. And then they got the MAD writers on it who straight up said they knew little to nothing about original TT.

I was still holding out hope though, but then I started watching it and those jokes.....just....no. I tried to tough it out, thinking "it's got to get better, right?" and then it didn't.

The episode where BB and Cyborg said nothing but Waffles all day was the last fucking straw for me.
>>
>>92135199
They got some real 1/10 shit episodes, but I'd be lying if I said they can't get a laugh out of me. Season 1 was actually funny sometimes but now it's humor is more "lol what the heck dude that wuz random".

Like that fucking bunny and tooth fairy episode, wtf was that
>>
File: 1486752513923.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1486752513923.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
I enjoyed Star Vs more than season 5 of samurai jack
>>
File: Somebodysavedit.png (159KB, 772x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Somebodysavedit.png
159KB, 772x1368px
>>92135013
>Lots of the shows people hate aren't bad as much as they are disappointing, and people need to learn the difference
>All fandoms are bad, but none are significantly worse than any others.
>I like townie episodes in SU because getting to know the citizens means that Steven and the CGs aren't fighting for some vapid MacGuffin like "Earth" or "Freedom" or "Love".
>Doesn't mean I don't want more CG episodes.
>I don't waifu ANYONE on SU.

>While I'm at it, "Gem Harvest" was just plain cruel.
>Gem harvesting is something grim based on Peridot's reaction.
>It was a half hour episode with the promo based on Steven creating a new life form
>Episode goes in completely different direction from the promo and it's just Uncle Andy bothering the gems for half an hour.
>The Gems went grocery shopping OFF SCREEN
>WITH LAPIS AND PERIDOT
>THAT"S THE KIND OF S.O.L. GEMS INTERACTING WITH HUMANS SEASON 1 STYLE EPISODE THAT FANS HAVE WANTED FOREVER.

Thank you for your time.
>>
>>92136588
>but none are significantly worse than any others.
That can't be statistically correct
>>
I'm pulling more Marvel than I am DC at the moment, it's not due to some misbigotten brand loyalty, it's just a lot of stuff from Rebirth is just stuff that doesn't really make me want to sit down and read them.
>>
Batman Mask of the Phantasm is an okay movie. Not great, not horrible, just okay.
>>
I think Alan Moore's best work was at DC, and aside from a few things like From Hell, hasn't been able to equal that level of quality.
>>
>>92135013
These threads are pointless.
>>
Aishi does not deserve all the hate she gets.

Marvel's current cartoons are mediocre at worst.

Elenna of Avalor is underrated.

There is nothing wrong with cartoons having an animesque artstyle.

Legend of Korra(excluding season 2)was good.

The hatred of humor in superhero movies is silly.

Cartoons tend to adapt comic book story lines better than source material.
>>
>>92136741
>Aishi does not deserve all the hate she gets.
She deserves more.
>>
File: angry loli.png (253KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
angry loli.png
253KB, 640x360px
/co/ is worse than /v/ and there are way more elitists here
>>
>>92135013
There are way too many posts about the same fucking thing, there are like 5 samuria Jack posts all about the big guy that smiles funny and has horns. It's all just shit posting.
>>
I'm dropping Samurai Jack because he doesn't have his dope beard anymore, I'll find out how it ends on Wikipedia or something
>>
I'm actually excited for Ragnarok, seems pretty fun and aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>92136822
no thats wrong /v is the worst bored on here next to /tv
>>
>>92136761
Why? Is it because she was annoying before she realized she was on the wrong side?
>>
Ian Flynn's Archie Sonic is my favorite comic of all time. It's got its fair share of issues, but I can't think of a comic I looked forward to reading more of each month

Al Ewing's books and the Deadpool books are the best/only good things Marvel is putting out right now

The best period for the Teen Titans was OYL before it went full retard. That lineup was GOAT

I still think Samurai Jack season 5 is good. The latest episodes have problems, but they're not enough to stop me from enjoying it, just enough for them to be noticeable

My opinions on Archie Sonic aside, SaTAM is vastly, VASTLY overrated.

Ruby Spears Mega Man was actually alright

I don't give a flying fuck about live action superhero shit

Samurai Jack needs a fucking general or at least a way to contain it on this board

I liked Wander over Yonder before Dominator was introduced. The threads before she existed were comfy as fuck

I wish Jack kept the beard but got the old gi back

I like Ashi's current design better than the old one
>>
>>92137035
She's hogging the spotlight, she has Mary Sue tendencies, and her character design is terrible.
>>
The Steven Universe fandom isn't as bad as the Nier fandom.
>>
File: Tsuyu if I may.jpg (14KB, 196x349px) Image search: [Google]
Tsuyu if I may.jpg
14KB, 196x349px
>>92136858
>I'll find out how it ends on Wikipedia or something
Why even care? It sounds like you're done with the series, so just leave it.
>>
>>92137084
didn't they try to get some fan to kill herself because she drew the fat mom skinny?
>>
>>92136822
I'd say there's more inflated pride here, but /v/ and /a/ definitely have intentional arrogance. PC master race and how you should watch your anime have gone to such lengths that anything but the absolute pinnacle is considered worthless trash. /co/ might puff out its chest about how people don't read the shit they do, or have some vague definition of "taste", or lack an understanding of visual and literary storytelling techniques and other such things that are more often used as a means to demean and dismiss others instead of elevate the discussion on the board, but they seldom tell other people how to experience their content.

For example, there was a guy who posted links in the Win O' Clock to reduced resolution scans, people found the point questionable but then he justified it that some people don't have the internet speed and time to get something high quality they'll only delete seconds after reading. Some confused people were still annoyed when they downloaded the wrong file, but after a bit people caught on and got over it. Chiefly, no one's breathing over your neck about what quality scan or cartoon file you have. They'll pass the goods around, but they won't ridicule you for not having it or knowing where to find it.
That sort of self-inflated posturing is more common elsewhere.

It's the same with the buyfag threads actually. On /a/, /m/, /toy/ and /co/ people show off their merch like a display, envy can happen but it's not the point. On battlestation threads though everyone's stroking off only from the envy. It's not about what they support or like, just that someone else can't afford it. Then again I doubt someone could brag that much about owning toys and overpriced picture books anyway, so some humility and self-awareness is built in here.

I could go on but it should be obvious. Likely what's happened is that you've just built up a tolerance for the behavior of /v/ and were taken aback when someone from /co/ acted less than a doormat.
>>
>>92137122
Yes. The SU fandom may not be the most obnoxious, at least not while Sonic fans exist, they are by far the most toxic.

A bunch of them even called up the motel/dinner featured in the show, and harrassed them for days and only stopped because Sugar stepped in and told them to take a fucking chill pill.

It just goes to show people: Fans are ok. FANDOMS are shit.
>>
>>92137318
Honestly, I'd rather have mlp's fan base on /co/ than SU's. And that's fucking sad
>>
>>92137402
At it's very worst, MLP fandom is merely cringey. For the most part, bronies mind their own business. It's that stupid "anti-brony" nonsense people pulled a few years ago that made it a problem, but let's not shake that hornet's nest.
>>
>>92137458
Aye, we'll summon Barneyfag and no one wants that.
>>
>>92135013
The only way to get entertaining shows these days is on youtube.
>>
There are currently no good cartoons airing

also I really miss cartoons just about two male best friends, that was the most comfy combination but seems like a thing we just can't have anymore in the tumblr era
>>
>Samurai Jack S5 is still good.
>I honestly liked CC Futurama. Over all the original seasons were better, but there was still some enjoyable episodes
>People on this site care way too much about reddit & tumblr
>>
Chuck Jones' version of Daffy Duck > Tex Avery's version of Daffy Duck.

There. I said it. I'll say it again if I have to.
>>
>>92135199
>>92135309
I mean, I loved the Toof Fairy episode, but it would have worked just as well if it was a new show without the Teen Titans.

Hell, they should have just made a new show instead of having some TT cosmetics. People would have liked it more then.
>>
File: Fonzie Man.gif (4KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
Fonzie Man.gif
4KB, 299x276px
>>92138981
>>I honestly liked CC Futurama. Over all the original seasons were better, but there was still some enjoyable episodes
>>
I enjoyed Regular Show and Adventure Time.

Like, all the seasons. Yes, even those ones.

I've enjoyed the lore, romance, drama and angst. The shows are better for all of it.

If you wanted just a "comfy" show, then you should have thrown your support behind Harvey Beaks.
>>
>>92137059
How you dealing with Archie Sonic's likely upcoming cancellation?
>>
>>92139327
Solemn acceptance combined with unyielding bitterness towards Scott Fulop, Ken Penders, and Archie, and be upset that nobody will make a continuation nor will Ian post his plans
>>
>ashi is proof on how tumblr really traumatized this board

>DC is arguebly better at synergy than marvel is

>while batfaggotry is a disease TTfags & harleyfags are worse because they can't let go.

TTgo was the best thing to happen for TTfags because now they can use the show as a deflection for whenever someone calls them out on their nostalgia

>superfags & spiderfags don't know what they want

>SATAM & archie was the worst thing to ever happen to sonic

>whenever someone complains about the lack of action cartoons nowadays tend to forget that ben 10, korra, SBT, YJ & thundercats were so awful they probably killed the genre
>>
>>92139724
>>SATAM & archie was the worst thing to ever happen to sonic
I agree, kind of, if only because it produced some of the most annoying, elitist fans in the entire fucking Sonic fanbase next to Classic purists and Adventurefags. I love the comics to death, but fuck me if some of the people in that fandom aren't pretentious cocks.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.