[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Champions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8923.jpg (3MB, 3344x2696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8923.jpg
3MB, 3344x2696px
>Kamala: Oh no! They copyrighted our logo!!
>Me: I thought your logo was in the public domain? How?
>Kamala: Our time as a superhero team is over!
>Me: What?
>Kamala: They've taken our name and attached it to cigarettes and hotels and put it on a team that beats up homeless! Now everyone will think we are sellouts and Alt-Bullies!
>Me: Why not just made an announcement discrediting the merchandice and shit?
>Kamala: We've lost.
>Me: But you haven't you can easily solve this if you just-
>Kamala: Nope, this is the end. There's nothing we can do.
>Nova: Hey guys! What if we made a video saying we don't support this horrible stuff!
>Kamala: I love you! I love you! I love you!
>Me:GAFFFFCKAFHSGA
What was even the point of this story arc? It wasn't interesting or funny or dramatic. Trademark laws? Really? Was anyone asking for this? Forget Captain Hydra, this is the real important issue!
>>
>>92133751
I hope one day Waid is questioned about this shit at a con or something, he'd probably just call the fan racist to try and avoid answering
>>
>>92133751
>all that roleplay

You're being ironic, right?...RIGHT?
>>
File: e05.jpg (39KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
e05.jpg
39KB, 498x441px
>>92133831
>>
I just want them to fight alien monsters or obscure C-List villains. Why it had to be like this?
>>
>>92133917
Because the series is just a political mouthpiece for Waid to use, he doesnt care about writing an actual story into it
>>
It's a bad book, OP. Just don't read it.
>>
>>92133751
How is it that a super genius and super smart robot couldn't figure this one out but Sam did?
>>
>>92133751
Is this Marvel literally telling its readers to stop giving them money?

Because that's what it looks like to me.
>>
>>92133751
>Trademarked something in public Domain
That's not how public domain works.
>>
>>92134472
Waid isn't very bright.
>>
>>92133751
It's kind of ironic. Marvel held the "Champions" trademark in limbo for years, because a tabletop game company trademarked the team name after Marvel did nothing with it for so many years. HERO Games' premier tabletop franchise is Champions, and they recently had to get into an agreement with Marvel just for them to use the team name again.

It's so hilariously fitting that THIS is what Marvel's doing with the Champions title, it perfectly encapsulates what's wrong with modern Marvel.
>>
>>92134653
>It's kind of ironic. Marvel held the "Champions" trademark in limbo for years, because a tabletop game company trademarked the team name after Marvel did nothing with it for so many years. HERO Games' premier tabletop franchise is Champions, and they recently had to get into an agreement with Marvel just for them to use the team name again

Do you think maybe that's how Waid came up with the story?
>>
File: Waid the #wokeman.png (263KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
Waid the #wokeman.png
263KB, 300x390px
>Check your phones. I dropped some truth all over our social media
>Marvel expects people to pay real money for this
>>
>>92134822
Considering it's Waid, I wouldn't be surprised. Not to dismiss him as awful, but he really isn't that great at coming up with new spins on bad ideas these days.
>>
>>92133751
>>92134383
It really says something about the Champions when Nova is the smart guy in the group.
>>
>>92134822
It's what I thought of when that storyarc started. It either had to be that or the Matt Furie/Pepe thing.
>>
>>92133917
This.

Politics should be a part of Marvel. I'm not denying that. The best runs of characters like Cap, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Howard the Duck were all steeped in politics.

But they remembered they needed to TELL AN ACTUAL STORY and not jist soapbox.
>>
>>92133976
But I like my storytimes of pain. This is would be a super strong contender for worst of the year, if it wern't for Marvel going full retard with America.
>>
>>92135173
This. I'm glad the books aren't just mediocre but bad enough that they can be fun.
>>
God I hate Marvel now.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.