[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Batman in high school How did it go so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Batman Beyon.jpg (190KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Beyon.jpg
190KB, 500x327px
>Batman in high school
How did it go so right?
>>
While I'm one of those assholes who picks at the way nearly all the villains are Spider-Man rogues analogs, it helps that you had alot of the TAS guys at the help and God bless them for taking a droll concept handed to them by the network (Batman in Highschool) and tried so hard not to pander to the lowest common denominator.

They gave us Terry rather than have a literally younger Bruce, whom they made into a tragic mentor, kept as much of a dark aesthetic as they could and while I have the above issue with the 'main' villains, alot of the newer ones were not limited by the serialized storytelling of the comics and thus more than a few of them met some very gruesome ends.

...That being said, I really feel that Kids WB still managed to fuck around with this show. Derek Powers never really *amounted* to much as a main villain; the early shows all centered around him trying to cure his condition but then he gets outed and that's that. Maybe the WB ruined whatever plans they had there but when a Beyond episode was bad, it was *really* bad. The Egg baby episode, primarily, seems like it was a crap idea handed to them by some exec from up top.

I also felt this was when the TImm/Dini DCAU shows really started doubling down on "any victim of an accident becomes a supervillain," situations that seemed lime a big middle finger towards Marvel.
>>
>>92129186
>The Egg baby episode, primarily, seems like it was a crap idea handed to them by some exec from up top.

Are you serious? That episode was over the top ridiculous and fantastic for it. It's poking fun at its own premise the whole way through. Not to mention all of the lines.

>"Nobody hurts my boys."
>crushes her son's back underfoot
>>
>>92129186
>Hating egg baby episode
>>
>>92128649
>How did it go so right?

It had the full writing/directing team of B:TAS behind it.

At its prime, that group could literally work animated miracles and basically do no wrong.
>>
>>92129289
>>92129218
Egg baby episode was made to win the Emmy and nothing else. It's pretty meh.
>>
>>92128649
Because the batman beyond batsuit is hands down the greatest batsuit design. I obsessed over it as a kid.
>>
Looked up egg baby episode. The concept of a Family Studies class pisses me off.
>>
>>92128649
it was made by people good at their craft
unlike, say, ren & stimpy, or american dragon jake long
>>
>>92128649
By being it's own thing rather than being just Bryce wayne in high school. It is also in the future so you can see how Gotham as well as hiw bruce wayne and the classic villains have aged, and evolved this then contrasts with the new fresh faced Terry who is similar enough to be the new batman but is developed enough that he is not just a clone of Bruce he is Terry as as as result does things his own way to an extent which gives Beyond a different feel than the normal Bruce Wayne story.
Tldr: the premise was well thought out to be more than just in high school and the writing was well done.
>>
File: k.png (67KB, 214x183px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
67KB, 214x183px
>>92129800
The only thing it lacked was a cape.
>im know what Edna said...
>it was only to mock the cape
>i love capes

Everything Terry was; was great, but he lacked something that Bruce always had and it was the true fear of mooks.

The cloaking device was really nice but had the built in failure of a huge power drain. Terry never really used Bruce's moves to his advantage but I'm sure that's why we liked him; because he was never Bruce 2.0

The only true fault I saw is that we never saw him become a legend or a myth. They always talk about how getting beaten up by the bat was harder than getting by lighting or getting the power ball in a lotto, but we always see Batman fighting and it takes away from the stalking presence.
>>
>>92128649
The tone was still appropriately dark, it continued from a beloved cartoon, Bruce still had a role, Terry was his own man, good rogues who met horrible fates (new, for the time, in cartoons).
>>
>>92130946
It doesnt have a cape, but i'm fairly sure it had retractable glidey wings
>>
>>92130946
The last shot of the Epilogue in JLU implies he becomes myth-like.
>>
File: Bruce_Wayne_Batman_Beyond[1].jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Wayne_Batman_Beyond[1].jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>92128649
Because it had the best bruce
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.