[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The MCU finally has a great villain that's not Loki.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 57

The MCU finally has a great villain that's not Loki.
>>
Your definition of great is pretty loose
>>
Had
>>
One thing I didn't get.
When he says he's a Celestial the Guardians clearly know what he means.
That what he is has a name and that they recognise it means there's other Celestials out there.
Yet after that his entire plot and motivation is about how he's alone in the universe and other life is disappointing.
Why doesn't he just go hang out with one of the other Celestials if he's that lonely? Or why didn't he ask one of them for help destroying the universe instead of having hundreds of kids in the hopes that one would have his power?
>>
>>92124218
All the other celestials are implied to be dead by what the Collector says in vol. 1
>>
That scene with him walking towards Quill while his body was forming was legit. Best part of the whole sequence.
>>
>>92124242
Yondu with the lights out with his stick was pretty lit too.
>>
>>92124242
>>92124252
Is lit short for legit?
>>
It already has better villains that Loki in the TV shows

>inb4 non canon meme
>>
>>92124266
It's on fire.
>>
>>92124269
>we will never get to see Netflix Kingpin match wits with MCU Spidey
>>
>>92124218
>Why doesn't he just go hang out with one of the other Celestials if he's that lonely?
little g. he's not one of the big celestials
>>
>>92124074
DUDE PENIS LMAO
>>
The part that sealed it was when he admitted to give Starlord's mom cancer.
>>
>>92124187
I'm sure a spore or two will have survived
>>
I don't understand why I keep seeing this. He wasn't bad, but he really didn't stand out against most other Marvel villains. I liked Yellow Jacket and Red Skull better than him.
>>
>>92124386
I don't know, that felt a little out of nowhere.
>>
Kurt is so dang handsome and was real dad-mode in this
>>
>>92124426

>I don't understand why I keep seeing this

Because he's a villain they bother to make sympathetic and understandable before the turn happens. His motivations are a little esoteric(it's hard to sell existential ennui in a kids movie) but it's also a pretty different take on the standard villain formula.

Also it helps that Kurt Russell is still the most charming man alive.

>>92124450

The moment of reveal was odd but it made perfect sense in-character.
>>
>>92124269
Ward really is better than Loki.
>>
>dead

lol
>>
>>92124269
But they're non canon
>>
>>92124450
>>92124504
>your son murders people for a living
>you murdered people
>he ought to be fine with you murdering people

There you go. He was just up his own ass so he couldn't see the fault in the above logic.
>>
>>92124450
he's egotistical. he admitted killing meridith because ir hurt him, he was trying to get sympathy
>>
>>92124339
I thought he meant he wasn't God, as in the christian all powerful all knowing one.
>>
>>92124386
Lost all impact after Civil War and Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>92124600
>>92124484

>now that batman did it nobody is allowed to have a dead parent in a movie
>>
>>92124685
>Two huge movies that came out recently do it
>I know, let's do it too!
It's played out at this point.
>>
File: 1378782369896.png (257KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1378782369896.png
257KB, 500x366px
>>92124730
>Two huge movies that came out recently do it'
GotG opens with Peter's moms death. Before either of those movies.
2/10 I replied.
>>
>>92124730
GotG came out before both of those.
>>
File: IMG_0771.png (288KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0771.png
288KB, 1000x1000px
>>92124074
The whole part of using Peter like a battery didn't make any sense, since he was only manipulating the energy from the planet itself.

Peter had no energy to contribute to use as a battery.
>>
>>92124814
i'm going to use you like an access terminal just doesnt have the same ring to it.
>>
>>92124814
I took it as that he needed someone else to channel the energy through, instead of channeling it through himself only. Share the burden so to speak
>>
>>92124426
He provided some of the most interesting and unique visuals of the entire MCU.
>>
>>92124814
I figure he just needed Peter to act as extra memory so he could do the proper calculations to do his plan.
>>
Ego had children all over the universe,
so is it possible that Peter fucked one of his half-sisters at some point?
>>
>>92125036
didn't Yondu bring them back to Ego when they were young? Although he could of missed some
>>
Does the MCU finally have a movie that isn't normie trash?
>>
Russel sold that shit. That he actually loved her in his fucked up way and killing her hurt him. Pratt just blasting away right after was great too.
>>
>>92124149
Like OP's anus
>>
>>92125036
>>92125101
Please no female Star-Lord or comic black sister. Gunn, don't do it.
>>
>>92124478
Except the parts when he tried to use his son as a literal battery for a thousand years and murdered an untold number of his children
>>
>>92124600
Nope.
>>
>>92124786
They are retarded.
>>
>they actually pulled off Ego the living planet in a movie
>>
i really wanted to like guardians of the galaxy 2 but i just hated the overall plot to it all.
the whole "too good to be true but of course ends up being something really evil" cliche just annoyed me so much.
the humor in the movie was good though.
>>
>>92125937
Yes, but everyone being well aware that "it's just too good to be true" from the very moment Ego shows up makes it work.
>>
>>92125937
The overall plot is "Your family are people who accept you, warts and all" and "It's not who's your Father, but who's your Daddy that's important."

The universe-infecting living Planet thing is practically a subplot used for action.
>>
>>92124074
he's ok but he's far from great.
>>
>>92124074
Alexander Pierce was a good villain.
>>
File: tony-stark-betrayed1.jpg (36KB, 446x334px) Image search: [Google]
tony-stark-betrayed1.jpg
36KB, 446x334px
>>92126243
Stane was a great villain, just not a great Super-Villain.
Thunderbolt Ross has always been solid.
>>
File: IMG_0788.png (224KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0788.png
224KB, 393x377px
Am i the only one who thought he was bill murray?
>>
there a torrent out yet or what?
>>
>>92126304
Yes, I can safely say you are the only potato who thought that.
>>
>>92124526
Agents of Shield ain't canon
>>
>>92124218
>Ego
>It's all about himself, doesn't considered the "Others" as his equal, thus being alone in the universe.
>>
>>92124074
By great you mean big, anon?
Because yeah, he's big...
Good? Absolutely not.
>>
I thought Robin Williams was dead
>>
>>92124074
>I will tell you about killing your mom for no reason
>I will lose against you while having millions of years of experience and knowledge just because you're fighting with HEART
>Not to mention our fight of GODS will be poor MoS ripoff
Wew, such a great villain.
>>
>>92124074

There are some parts about him that are great and he does have some depth to him. The implication that he killed Peter's mom to keep him from becoming too attached to Earth is some dark shit.

But he just felt like a blip on the radar. The movie was just going too fucking fast to digest how much of an ego centric prick he is and it's just dropped on you all at once.
>>
>>92126917

>I will tell you about killing your mom for no reason

Is this going to become the meme of GOTG2? He was justifiying his actions and was so egotistical that he assumed that Peter would agree with him.
>>
>>92126958
>million years of knowledge
>not knowing how psychology of mammals works
Stop defending this garbage. And other points still stands.
>>
>>92126958
He had Peter entranced even during the part where he was saying "yeah I had a lot of other kids with other women too and also they all died but you're special." He probably thought if he was cool with that he'd be cool with anything.
>>
>>92126987

>not knowing how psychology of mammals works

Did you miss how incredibly excited he was once he figured out that he finally had a proper conduit/heir?

>I'M FINALLY NOT ALONE!

He wasn't thinking rationally after that point.

> And other points still stands.

What? That the good guy beat the bad guy? They won because they worked as a team, Peter and Ego were fighting each other to a standstill, they were both immortal.
>>
>>92126997
>He probably thought if he was cool with that
There is literally no reason to him to get his plan to the danger just because he thought Quill will be fine with his mommy died because of Ego.
>>92127014
>Did you miss how incredibly excited
>He wasn't thinking
>ancient being
>being excited
>acting like total retard because of that
I got ya, mate.
>They won because they worked as a team
No. Star Lord and the others won just because FIGHT WITH HEART LMAO. All their team work didn't mean shit at the end, they were saved by HEART POWER.
>>
>>92127094
his name is LITERALLY EGO

he can't conceive of a possibility where he's a) in the wrong and b) someone might disagree with him
>>
>>92127094

At what point did Ego act like the all-knowing god-being that you seem to think he was? Even in his best moments he acted like a Cool Dad stereotype who just wanted to hang out with his son and surrounding friends.

>All their team work didn't mean shit at the end, they were saved by HEART POWER.

Even without the heart power they still would have killed Ego with the battery bomb.
>>
>>92127138
didn't they need heart power to distract Ego so Groot could plant the bomb
>>
>>92125937
I thought the movie was fine. I actually felt like they tried to be too funny in this movie. It felt forced at points. poor Drax is just a punchline now. I don't think he even really fought anything in this movie.

It falls into the Avengers 2 problem of spending a movie to bring them together just to spend a movie trying to break them apart.
>>
>>92127269
it was hardly a movie about breaking them apart, but as >>92125991 said, about "It's not who's your Father, but who's your Daddy that's important."

after all, the Guardians are still together at the end while AoU has the Avengers breaking apart
>>
>>92127113
>someone might disagree with him
So, while travelling for millions of years and meeting tons of sentients, everyone were agree with him in everything?
>>92127138
>that you seem to think he was
So, he was lying about him being god and celestials in MCU are just powerful retards?
>Even without the heart power they still would have killed Ego with the battery bomb.
Wrong. Groot and everyone was trapped. And Star Lord was. He escaped just because HEART POWER BABY. He didn't even knew how his power works and he admitted it.
>>
>>92127298

>So, he was lying about him being god and celestials in MCU are just powerful retards?

Infinite power doesn't equal infinite wisdom. This is not an idea exclusive to GOTG2.
>>
>>92127298
first off: it seemed like most of his interactions with sentients were boning them, so despite existing for millions of years, he likely does not have a broad range of experience interacting with all kinds of sentients, and those who did disagree with him if they learned of his plan were too scared to say anything about it, like Mantis

second off: god does not mean omniscient or omnipotent outside of Abrahamic religions, and especially not in cape comics
>>
I really hate enemy "swarms." They were cool once or twice, but Star Trek did it, GotG1 did it, already... It's just not visually interesting. I want to see dogfights and shit, not a swarm of spacegnats that explode if you sneeze at them.

I liked the Sovereign ships being remotely piloted though. But you can do that without making them totally boring to watch.
>>
>>92127298
>heart power
>not dick power
did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>92127481

> But you can do that without making them totally boring to watch.

I liked how Star Trek Beyond handled them because it showed how powerful a hive like that could be, and they're defeated with a visually exciting sequence instead of an endless dogfight so we can pull focus to the actual villain instead of 20 minutes of drone warfare.
>>
>>92127481
The swarm in this one was more for comedic purposes with that arcade jeering and stuff.
>>
>>92124351
I was waiting for a crotch shot to bring that full circle.
>>
>>92124351
For a while there i actually thought he didn't have one. When at the beginning the camera focused on the space-flower i thought the thing was somehow related to Peter's birth, as in the mom never really got normally pregnant
>>
>>92125036
[spoilers]>tfw you realize the first chick Ego meets is pink like Bereet[/spoilers]
>>
>>92124218
They talked about celestials in the first film. They even mentioned then when they explained what Knowhere is.
>>
>>92124187
can you really kill a god, anon?
>>
>>92127269
>poor Drax is just a punchline now.

Seriously. They hired that fucking mountain of a human Bautista, and it certainly wasn't for his acting chops. Why doesn't he get to fuck stuff up every now and then? Drax's only non-comedic scene was his quiet moment with Mantis, he didn't destroy shit.

Where's Drax's sequence where he's fucking shit up like Yondu did to the Reaver ship?
>>
>>92124074
>has
*had
>>
>>92128233
I guess we'll see in Thor: Ragnarok
>>
>>92124555
He's egocentric (focused on himself) and narcissistic (which means he will throw people under the bus if it means he gets what he wants), so everything is about him.

He killed Meredith purely to benefit himself by removing her from his life.
He loved her, but he felt "love" in the selfish sense; he loved how Meredith made him feel, whereas "real love" is selflessly caring for a person and putting them first before your feelings.
>>
>>92125991
That was the best thing; Ego's villainy was in his human traits rather than his alien ones.

Him being a planet was secondary to him being an asshole.
>>
Too bad he was a fucking idiot and for no reason told Peter that he killed his mother
>>
File: the7qbb.jpg (934KB, 1843x1375px) Image search: [Google]
the7qbb.jpg
934KB, 1843x1375px
So, he's not really a Celestial, is he? From everything we've seen, it looks like he's just been lying about the whole thing because his "ego" is just that huge.

I'm not very familiar with the deep lores in the comics, but even from what little I knew, my BS started beeping when he came right out and said he was a Celestial. Things became even fishier when he it was apparent that he could only operate on species level outside of his planet, which is so far below the powers a real Celestial should have it's not even funny.

So it's all just a ruse, isn't it? He's just straight up BSing, right?
>>
>yfw they showed the face on the planet

I didn't think they'd actually do it.
>>
>>92129614
>So it's all just a ruse, isn't it? He's just straight up BSing, right?

Within the narrative, calling him a Celestial god is a way of telegraphing to the audience he's powerful and important.

Even Ego is unclear of his origins, that he was "born" as a brain floating in space is really dubious. Seems like he got vivisected or dismembered in some way as a previously more powerful being.

So he might indeed be a former Celestial in the MCU.
>>
Loki wasn't great, he wasn't effective , wasn't sympathethic (Kinda jealous of my brother, this means I must obliterate the ice giants and mankind) and his attempts at being snarky come off as annoying, he's just "emasculate, kinda emo british villian" who's there to make fangirls get wet and make a million tumblr posts.

It pisses me off that for all their wrong doings DC is making better villians because IN THE COMICS IS THE OTHER FUCKING WAY AROUND.

Is not that the MCU didn't have potential
>Ivan vanko, matches stark and is actually right in that tony's father ruined his life, his dialogue is interesting and his designs badass LOL NOPE, DED
>Yellowjacket's whole "My mentor didn't choose me and my technology is slowly driving me insane " thing is kinda good DECEASED
>Ultron? Turned into quip machine then destroyed
> Rumlow survived? ALLAHU ACKBARS Himself in the first five minutes.

Zemo survived and can't wait to see how they deal with him in five minutes, my only hope is that homecoming's villians actually look well written and apparently fuck up spidey pretty good
>>
Still the most threatening and entertaining MCU villain for me.
>>
>>92129708
Yeah, but it's not like they haven't established that MCU Celestials are the same as the comic Celestials, and Ego is, well, just a living planet. He's weaker than Thor on a bad day. Doesn't it make more sense that he's just a bad liar?
>>
>>92129994
Even with that one part of him screaming and the camera close up on his silly expression?
>>
>>92129994
he lost all points when his final fight with steve was so pathetic
>>
File: SkullFFF.png (586KB, 1024x441px) Image search: [Google]
SkullFFF.png
586KB, 1024x441px
>>92130058
Yes.

>>92130153
>he lost all points when his final fight with steve was so pathetic
How was it pathetic?
>>
>>92129908
>he's just "emasculate, kinda emo british villian" who's there to make fangirls get wet and make a million tumblr posts.
Sounds like a kind of villain MCUfags love.
>>
>>92124450
he kept on about not wanting to return before revealing it
>>
>>92124074
I love how he was a mix of Jor-El and Emperor Palpatine, given how what he was trying to teach Quill was basically the Force if it was restricted to a single location/person.
>>
>>92129994
"Aah, Captain America, I am a big fan of your movies."

Loved that bit.
>>
This movie was literally a goddamn cartoon like someone on /co/ said earlier this week.

But that's a good thing because it was entertaining as all hell and i found myself actually laughing at Drax and Rocket a few times. Holy hell this was an enjoyable movie.
Yes, it had some glaring weaknesses but it was far better than the first one by far.
>>
>>92131378
I was about to rage at you before the spoilers.
>>
>>92124074
>great
>good guy up until he just decides "lol I want to destroy the universe for vague reasons and gave your mother brain cancer
>>
>>92124074
Too bad they killed him in one film like they do with every film villain that isnt loki
>>
File: Blonskydisgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Blonskydisgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>92132535
>Too bad they killed him in one film like they do with every film villain that isnt loki

Or Blonsky and Ross.
>>
>>92131378
Guardians 2 is basically everything I wanted the first Guardians to be.
>>
>>92132737
nebula and the collector

and ayesha
>>
>>92129908
>DC is making better villians

All they have is Zod. And just because Michael Shannon carried that poor writing like a champ.
>>
File: 1479589264624.jpg (77KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
1479589264624.jpg
77KB, 980x490px
>>92132772

I don't think the Collector counts. He didn't have any malicious agenda. He just wanted to buy an Infinity Stone.

Maybe Neblula, but as of GoTG2 I don't think she counts anymore.

>ayesha
Mmmaybe. I guess.
>>
File: GuardiansVolDraxMantis.jpg (1MB, 2158x1136px) Image search: [Google]
GuardiansVolDraxMantis.jpg
1MB, 2158x1136px
>>92129908
>DC is making better villians
>>
>>92132839
He did keep slaves and treat them like shit, though. He's some kind of secondary villain.
>>
>>92132899
he's definitely evil, but not a villain story-wise
>>
>>92124426
It's nice to hear someone else extol Corey Stoll's skill as a villain.
>>
>>92124351
I thought Drax was using a metaphor, and if he was it was a pretty good one actually. But probably not.

Honestly, a lot of the jokes aren't funny on their own, it's how the characters react to the jokes that makes it funny. Kinda like that laughing mexican meme.
>>
>>92124450
I thought it was pretty obvious.
>>
>>92132899
Well the implication was that in the Grimdarkness of lawless space, there is only w-hat you make for yourself.
He's an asshole, but he's just one shade worse if at all than the Ravagers. Living by the rules of the world around him.
If slavery is a common thing around him, it doesn't make him villainous.

At most you could say the setting is villainous, and he indulges in it.
>>
>Taserface
This was honestly the least funny part of the movie for me.
Except for the part were the sovereign laughs at him while he's dying
>>
>>92132839
>>92132899
>>92132960
I'm pretty sure, unless Gunn said otherwise, that he was going to kill the Guardians after they brought him the stone and was only stopped because his servant decided to explode herself.
>>
>>92133022
Man, if it wasn't for that phone call Yondu would have survived.
>>
>>92132979
How can "do you have a penis?" be a metaphor?
>>
>>92133022
I thought Rocket was kind of a weak link all around in this one. Neither his jokes or his emotional moments really worked for me.
>>
>>92132979
Rocket's aghast "One's blue," was insanely funny to me. It's just the way he looked and the way he said it.
>>
>>92124074
gotg2 was such a meh movie, baby groot was annoying as fuck and shoved in our face, the gold bitches were boring as fuck, there was way too many XD so randumb moments, yondu became a sad fuck to build up his death, only good thing was the old guardians making an appearance. the movie didnt even add to the MCU also what the fuck was up with all those after credit scenes?!
>>
File: 1.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
I know it's wrong but I can't help but find Rocket strangely attractive.
>>
File: 1488926657489.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1488926657489.png
12KB, 243x243px
>>92133173
I actually cannot tell if you're being serious or if you just want the (You)
>>
File: Spialia_sertorius.jpg (419KB, 715x789px) Image search: [Google]
Spialia_sertorius.jpg
419KB, 715x789px
>>92133075
Maybe I misheard, but I didn't hear him ask that outside of the trailer. He asked "So you made a penis?" after ego explained how he made his form. I initially interpreted it as Drax putting two and two together, that this is the form ego made so that he could reproduce. But it's Drax, so he was just being autistic.
>>
>>92130009
>>92129708
>>92129614
I think the movie is seriously nerfing his powers even though this is his first appearance in the MCU.

He has matter manipulation (can recreate his body in seconds, create molecular shields with rocks, force tumors into other beings) and yet he does almost nothing substantial in the final fight.

I think he's capable of far more, in fact he should've killed everyone as soon as the tentacles latched onto everyone but narrative and cinematography demands everyone lives and so he gets nerfed in his one and only appearance thus far.
>>
>>92133223
it's just a /tv/ shitposter

best to just ignore it
>>
>>92133178
He was very moe in this movie what with his hilariously clumsy attempts to get Quill to like him the most out of the Guardians.

>Hey, Quill! Look! With this we can play your music while we fight that giant monster!
>Hey, Quill! Look! I stole batteries from the Sovereign! Aren't I a lovable scamp
>Hey, Quill! Look at what an awesome pilot I am. Like you, but slightly better!
>Hey, Groot! I'm going to play some of Quill's tunes while I fend off the Ravagers! It'll be hilarious because his music is terrible!
>Hey, Yondu! Think we can play some of Quill's music during our breakout? Ironically, I mean. It's not like I enjoy it.
>Hey, Yondu! I only want to save Quill so I can lord it over him forever and ever and ever and ever until we're both dead!
>>
>>92133223
100% serious, maybe im getting too old for cape movies but gotg2 was one of the most obnoxious films i ever sat though, like right from the beginning, the teams fighting amonster and groot is just dancing, like ok we get hes marketable and attempting to be cute but it just comes off as dumb and weird
>>
>>92133232
>butterflies and other adult insects are metaphors for penises
>So was Kurt Russel
>>
>>92133029
>I'm pretty sure, unless Gunn said otherwise, that he was going to kill the Guardians after they brought him the stone and was only stopped because his servant decided to explode herself.

I never got that impression at all.
>>
>>92133275

lol trashpanda.
>>
>>92133232
I feel like it was a fair question, he made himself a human form before he had seen a single living organism before, it would be odd for him to get their anatomy 100% correct.
>>
File: 1433250343796.jpg (26KB, 194x273px) Image search: [Google]
1433250343796.jpg
26KB, 194x273px
>>92133281
My 70 yr old parents love the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Dad has been a fan of comics since the early 50's.

You've just become so jaded by 4chan and the internets that you will actually pay to see a movie that advertised itself as irreverent action silly-fun, then sulk afterwards because it was irreverent action silly-fun. The film was exactly what it's been advertising itself as.

You need to either go cold-turkey on 4chan, or resign yourself to becoming a pitiable creature.
>>
>>92133335
I mean, we we were all, on some level, thinking that question.
>>
>>92133345
you're probably right, i just wish i knew how to quit this place
>>
>>92133331
It's like the n word for raccoons!
>>
File: gKSF3ZF.gif (964KB, 397x658px) Image search: [Google]
gKSF3ZF.gif
964KB, 397x658px
>>92133173
>>92133281
>>92133371
there's only one thing someone like you can do
>>
>>92133371
Quit using anonymous message boards for catharsis against the shit that stressing you out, and find a healthy release for it.

Enjoying your anger on 4chan is like abusing Krokodil to "take the edge off".
>>
>>92132737
Zemo. and I'm still of the belief that Red Skull is alive somewhere in the universe but I'll relinquish that he's dead until proven otherwise.
>>
>>92133275
I honestly wanted more exploration into the themes the movie presented for Rocket, like how he genuinely has a shit opinion of himself and how he's afraid eventually all his friends are going to leave him. His line at the end where he blamed himself for stealing the batteries deserved more of a response than Quill's "of course not".
>>
File: HYDRA.png (56KB, 2067x2067px) Image search: [Google]
HYDRA.png
56KB, 2067x2067px
>>92133497
>and I'm still of the belief that Red Skull is alive somewhere in the universe but I'll relinquish that he's dead until proven otherwise.

It's not implausible to think that he isn't alive, definitely. Though I don't think they'll touch back on him at this point. Since Weaving's contractually obliged, they could legally force him to return if they wanted. So they don't need to recast the character.

But yeah, he could be alive. They could make him come back. But at this point, is there any real reason for him to? Steve will probably be dead after Avengers 4, and and there's no Hydra to go back to since the last remnants of it after Project Insight was either apprehended by the authorities or was wiped out by the Avengers.
>>
>>92124074
Ego is the greatest Steven Universe villain that never happened.
>>
>>92128152
I watched the 1st yesterday, and the wording is:

>The severed head of an ancient celestial being

The Collector refers to the Celestials who used the Infinity Stones to destroy planets as "beings of extraordinary strenght" and "carriers" of the stones.

I know I'm being pedantic, but they've never really called anyone a Celestial. Ego is the first to say it like that. Might be that in the MCU, Celestials aren't the race we know but rather just BIG cosmic beings, or that in a future movie someone will say "Ego wasn't a capital C Celestial, THESE are Celestials."
>>
>>92133760
>It's not implausible to think that he isn't alive

Holy shit could you spare the triple negatives and type like a normal person? I shouldn't have to do a fucking math logic puzzle to figure out what you're trying to say.
>>
>>92125830
i remember all the shit posting and people doubting it could be pulled off

how many times has the internet been wrong about stuff that cant work in comic movies??

i remember when they said Guardians will never work and here we are

talking racoon? wont work
talking tree? wont work

why is the fandom so closed minded and lack ambition?
>>
>>92133849
He actually fucked it up by being fancy with the negatives.

>It's not implausible
It's plausible
>To think that he isn't alive
To think he's dead.

"I think Red Skull is still alive somewhere"
"Oh yes I agree, it's plausible that he's dead"
>>
>>92133842
I think it's probably just that "Celestial" isn't a race as much as it is a class of being. Like basically any super old, ridiculously powerful being who has shaped the universe in some way has the right to refer to themselves as a Celestial.

Sort of like how (the the comics at least) the Elders of the Universe aren't actually a race, but rather a group of old beings who are the last of their species and happen to be autistic about a certain practice (collecting, growing plants, hosting competitions, etc)
>>
>>92124386
Best part of the whole film. I'm so glad I didn't get that spoiled for me
>>
I remember reading that James Gunn had to make a deal with Fox in order to use Ego. Were the Watchers part of that deal as well, or did Marvel always have them? It would be weird if they did because the Watchers are way more tied to the Fantastic Four than Ego is.
>>
>>92133869
I think it all depends on the context.

Yeah, talking racoons, trees and planets are implausible if you're coming just from the somewhat down to earth pre-GOTG movies.

But if you show a world as colorful and varied as GOTG does, these things fit, and it didn't feel entirely disconnected from the other movies because Thor and Avengers already had established that there's a crazier world out there.

It'd be harder to do if they'd just introduced, say, Howard the Duck in an Iron Man film.
>>
>>92125144
This. Fantastically written scene.
>>
>>92133994
They probably share the Watchers but Fox has sole custody of Uatu.
>>
>>92133994
I think Marvel has the Watchers as a race, but Fox has Uatu, because he's the one directly connected to the F4.

Similarly, Marvel has the Skrulls, but not the Super Skrulls or Kl'rt.

At least that's how I've heard it is.
>>
>>92124814
Battery is a term normal people understand.
>>
>>92128279
>>Where's Drax's sequence where he's fucking shit up like Yondu did to the Reaver ship?
He was dangling by a rope in outer space and stabbing a giant octopus from the inside. It was just at the beginning as opposed to the end.
>>
>>92133345
you parents seem chill.
Good on them anoné.
>>
>>92133281
I'm not gonna tell you to "turn off your brain and enjoy it", because that's bullshit, but you should stop being a cynical asshole about everything.

Yeah, Baby Groot dancing is marketable and exploits the appeal of cuteness, but it's also fucking FUN.
>>
>>92133109
Same. Except for "I almost felt warm and fuzzy inside until you smiled and I saw those disgusting teeth"
That caught me off guard
>>
File: WE WUZ.jpg (745KB, 901x1303px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ.jpg
745KB, 901x1303px
>>92126274
Someone should remind post-civil war guilt trip Tony about that whole first debacle. Just point out that good old Obi is gone from his life, and he's barely spared a thought for the ramifications of that life changing incident in the wake of everything else. Sure, it was all stark property, but Stane held him together after his parents' death, and their relationship ended with murder over the future of his inventions.

Speaking of which, Kang would be a great villain in post Infinity War MCU
>>
>>92133345
Both your dads are beta faggots.
>>
>>92133345
I'm just chiming in with an anecdote about my dad. He was old enough to remember the original crew when they first appeared, and he loved the film.
>>
>>92133842
Maybe ego was the brain in the celestial head that became knowhere
>>
>>92135184
Like, they removed Knowhere head's brain and the brain became Ego? If they were to reveal that anywhere, it should have been in this movie.

I know they mention in the first one that people went to mine all the tissue and fluids and shit, so the brain is probably there, being mined.
>>
>AND IF, YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW!
>>
>>92124074
Dude, TASERFACE. He has a TASER for a FACE! Probably! I mean it really wouldn't make sense any other way, right?
>>
File: CUMEDY GULL.png (581KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CUMEDY GULL.png
581KB, 1280x720px
>>92124351
DUDE PENIS LMAO
>>
File: 1457542013851.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457542013851.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>mfw they just shit on mantis at any and every opportunity
>>
File: file.png (361KB, 402x735px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
361KB, 402x735px
>>92124450
Ego either killed her so he doesn't have a reason to come back to earth or because he's a dick

going by Ego's tendency of killing his offspring, I'd say the first. he never cared about his children only what they can do for him.
>>
>>92135378
>You're beautiful...
>On the inside.
>>
>>92135378
and yet she was still one of the best parts of the movie.

"Your crabby puppy is so cute I wanna die!"
>>
>>92135413
It's both really. He felt he'd never leave if he came back to earth but also couldn't bear to watch her die so he gave her a horrible slow death that would haunt their son for the rest of his life. The bigger question is why a guy with a lifespan of millions of years couldn't bear to keep coming back to Earth for all of 60ish years until she died of natural causes. Perhaps he was implying he might have stayed away from his planet until he died with her.
>>
>>92135528
>Perhaps he was implying he might have stayed away from his planet until he died with her.
that was it. he has to return to himself regularly or he will die and if he doesn't keep to his goal he will die. he said he was a celestial but the whole "needing a goal or mission in order to maintain his immortality" is less a celestial thing and more an Elder of the Universe.
>>
>>92135528
he mentions his planet being at the ass end of the galaxy, so it's pretty far away. the celestial powers wi-fi doesn't reach earth most likely
>>
File: 1447868352489.gif (1MB, 350x219px) Image search: [Google]
1447868352489.gif
1MB, 350x219px
>>92135378
>tfw that scrapmetal piece crushes her shit in the cool rotating group shot
>>
>>92135622
If only it hadn't been in the trailer
>>
>>92133700
I feel like that was kind of a point at the end though. That as close as all of these people are, they still aren't really ever going to be comfortable opening up to each other (except maybe Drax)

Gamora's reprieve of the 'some unspoken thing' line really drove this point home for me.
>>
File: scrotum.png (969KB, 1280x748px) Image search: [Google]
scrotum.png
969KB, 1280x748px
TASERFACE!
>>
One of the biggest complaints I've seen about this movie on /co/ was that it was "filler" or "didn't add anything to the MCU."

Is this board so obsessed with connectivity and canon that they'd rather have another movie existing solely to build up to another movie other than a genuine character study that stands on its own as a legit sequel?
>>
File: 1343263864849.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1343263864849.gif
2MB, 316x213px
great, 8/10 movie that would've been a 9 if this faggot >>92135771 wasn't a part of it
>>
>>92135819
/co/ is not one person, nor is it a hive mind. Personally I loved the film but I can see how some of the gags might've been galling to some.
>>
>>92135654
>Watching trailers
I actually cried laughing from that because I didn't knowi
>>
>>92135819
I can't think of any first sequel that added something to the infinity war plot

Iron Man 2: self contained
Thor 2: again
Cap 2: again
AoU: ok, this one is the exception

of course this list doesn't include post-credits scenes since that happens when the movie is over.
>>
>>92135922
>Thor 2: again
yeah the movie focoused around an Infinity Stone but your right totally doesn't add anything to Infinity War
>Cap 2: again
yeah there was no world building or pushing the plot forward to be had at all in Cap 2. nothing that happened in it had an relevance on future movies.
>>
>>92135922
Iron Man 2 was basically Avengers 0.5.
>>
>>92133842
Ego probably just assumes hes a celestial. He was born alone in space, didn't know anything about himself or other lifeforms. At some point in his explorations he could of learned about celestials and thought to himself I must be one of them. He's certainly narcissistic enough to just assume he must be a god as well
>>
>>92135909
Yeah, I actually regret it, because some scenes and lines from the movie honestly feel like they were made just to be included in the trailer

Gamora going "Hi" at Groot after telling him to get to safety, Rocket going "That's intense", stuff like that.
>>
>>92135654
was it??
Man I'm so lucky I forgot
>>
File: 1450647853727.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450647853727.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>that "tumor in her head" line
>>
>>92136104
I lean towards that, yeah, but I'd really like a scene where they're like

>The Celestials are coming!
>Quill: We killed a Celestial once, my father Ego
>Ego? The planet guy? He wasn't a Celestial. THESE are the Celestials

And you see the Celestials show up and wreck shit.
>>
>>92136104
He could be a part of one. Of course we know they can be damaged and their yummy innards mined for fun and profit. It would be interesting if one is reduced to just his brain, can't remember what the hell happened to him, and eventually remasters enough cosmic mojo to form a planet around himself.
>>
Reminder that when Ego was telling Peter about the his mom Peter was still in a trance. Pretty sure he just wanted to monologue because he loved the sound of his own voice and didn't realize Peter would be able to break free.
>>
>>92136355
They don't call him Ego for nothing.
>>
Is "superhero beats the shit out of someone because of his dead mom" becoming a cliche now?
>>
File: at last I truly see A BOMB.jpg (99KB, 700x421px) Image search: [Google]
at last I truly see A BOMB.jpg
99KB, 700x421px
AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW
>>
>>92125830
>they did both the space-view full planet face and the rock formation planetside face

I was grinning like an idiot the whole time.
>>
>>92136538
At least in this case the something slowly and painfully murdered his mom in one of the worst ways possibile.
>>
>>92136562
I was not expecting the planet to have a face in the movie so I was very pleasantly surprised to see that, even if it was only for a second.
>>
>>92136562
>>92136612
>planet didn't talk

They're obviously ashamed.
>>
>>92136730
Even in the MCU talking in space doesn't make sense
>>
>>92136552
YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME AGAIN
>>
>>92136562
>>92136612
It made me happier than it should have.
>>
>>92136136
My shit head theater showed sneak previews for the goddamn movie three times while we were sitting there waiting for the movie to start, it didn't really ruin the humor for me but it was a retarded move.
>>
>>92129908
>IN THE COMICS IS THE OTHER FUCKING WAY AROUND

lol no. Batman alone has more good villains than the whole fucking Marvel universe
>>
>>92133369
I literally was right before he asked it. I really don't understand why they didn't just have Ego assume a human form upon encountering the human race.
>>
>>92136900
Only thing I can think of is they didn't feel like making a different model for him for every race he was shown to get into the bone zone with. Which would be a strange excuse given how much work was put into everything else.
>>
So far GotGV2 is the only MCU movie to have legitimately impressive cinematography at times.
>>
>>92136891
They didn't make good villains in a lot of the films because that assumed that audiences didn't care about the villains, with Loki being a rare assumption.

Though with Zemo, Ego and possibly Hela they seem to be getting that people want more out of villains
>>
Make fun of the quips all you want, but that reveal with the bones and how he slowly slips his sociopath side were pretty cool
>>
>>92137056
he says a lot of weird shit earlier too. the only difference is the music cues

>"I've made a lot of mistakes Peter, and you are not one"
>>
Do we all now agree that Guardians is the best film series in MCU?
>>
>>92124450
He's a sociopath, he's egocentric, he's full of himself. That slow descent of showing his true self was great
>>
>>92137096
You'll never get all of any board to agree on anything, but I agree at least.
>>
>>92137096
I'd say so, with Captain America being close behind.
>>
>>92137096
/co/ hates Guardians because of the "memes" even though there are literally no memes in it.
>>
Taser face?
>>
>>92124074
When will DC movies have a villain that's not shit that isn't the Joker. I hope soon.
>>
>>92136785
AND I STILL HEAR YOU SAYING THAT
>>
The biggest surprise in this movie to me was Howard the Duck returning.
>>
>>92137030
What that first shot tilt shift?
It was fucking great
>>
>>92132518
>vague
He literally wants everything to be him/like him. He finds other beings boring/beneath him. He is consumed by ego.

He was trying to make Peter feel bad for him. "I was so in love with your mother, but i needed her gone because i have things needed to be done for the greater good. So i sadly had to kill her. Truly a heartbreaking sacrifice. Isn't that tragically romantic?" Peter was on board/entranced with his universe domination and Ego thought he would understand him.

Yondu did say he was a jackass.
>>
>>92133109
He shined when he was doing his cool gadget schtick. I loved seeing that.

I do like his "i didn't ask to be made" or something in gotg1 more than his sappy parts in 2
>>
>>92133178
You're not alone. It's his personality and voice and cool skills
>>
>>92133275
When you put it that way, that shit is too cute
>>
>the most perfect being in the universe was created in response to a talking raccoon stealing batteries for fun
>>
>>92137188
Trash panda
>>
>>92137341
YOU WOULD NEVER BREAK THE CHAIN
>>
>>92129908
>Yellowjacket's whole "My mentor didn't choose me and my technology is slowly driving me insane " thing is kinda good DECEASED
He's in the Microverse with Janet. He could come back.
>Ultron? Turned into quip machine then destroyed
I'm 95% sure that the reason they didn't show Vision destroying the last Ultron drone on-screen was to keep his fate open in case they want to bring him back. It wouldn't be OOC for Vision to not kill Ultron.
>>
>>92124074
He could've been better. There was a fatherly side that could've been given to him. Rather than just dumping the skeletons of his deceased children in a hole he coulda Given them Graves
>>
>>92137773
He didn't care about them. He saw them as failed experiments and discarded them like someone would delete a spelling mistake.
>>
>>92135819
I actually loved how it's just connected to itself and not with other mcu movies. It's a nice separate thing.

>>92137773
He's only fatherly if it benefits him.
>>
>>92137096
It's certainly my favorite, but I've always been partial to cosmic. Hopefully they steal the show in Infinity War.
>>
>>92137807
>>92137817
>That COULD'VE been given to him
In the end he is unrelatably evil like every other Marvel villain.

They had this whole thing that he was so lonely and he was searching for and yet then he just discards the beings that could save him from his loneliness rather

It would of been more poetic like the "I never would of left if I went again" showing that he did feel love for his children and the women he met but was so driven but his that he could've diselled the lonelisness at anytime.

Good ending is literally Ego going back and living out the rest of his life with Quill and his mom.
>>
>>92137899
>I never would of left if I went again
Would "have", you ignorant, cum-guzzling waste of space.
>>
Overall I liked the movie, but I do have complaints about it.
I wasn't a fan of how much cruder a lot of the humor was. The jackson Pollock painting was about the crudest the first got and in this we have rocket straight up saying hes gonna put shit in starlord's pillow and Drax asking ego if he has a penis. I'm not saying crude humor is inherently bad, but it just felt a bit out of place tone wise.

People have been accusing marvel of trying to hard to force humor, but I think this is the first time I'd personally say they went too far. It felt like they tried a bit too hard to be quirky and a lot of times it came off as forced.

And I'd say the character writing wasn't quite as good. There were too many character subplots IMO, too many "heart to heart" scenes that start rather suddenly, and it felt like they were all just jerks in this movie. In the first one they were loveable jerks, but this time it was closer to just being assholes to each other. Which I suppose was the point, but it felt like Rocket was the only one who got character development out of it.

But despite all that and what I thought was a rocky first act, I did actually enjoy it.
>>
>>92137096
Cap still wins by virtue of having three great movies.
Check back when Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume Zune comes out.
>>
>>92137952
I'm not your mother anon.
>>
>>92137952
You're grammar nazism reminds me that it bugged me that the ravagers used british sentence structure and that bugged me slightly.
They used "That thing what you did" instead of "that thing that you did"
>>
>>92138007
Yeah, Cap is goin pretty strong atm.
>>
>>92138007
>three great movies
>Civil War
>great

Couldn't be farther from the truth
>>
File: chorus of keks.png (3MB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
chorus of keks.png
3MB, 2000x1087px
>>92138083
>Civil War
>not great
>>
>>92138030
>You're grammar nazism
>You're
>>
File: nuffsaid.jpg (37KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
nuffsaid.jpg
37KB, 500x749px
>>92124149
>>
>>92138120
hehehe
>>
File: pinhead.jpg (31KB, 339x549px) Image search: [Google]
pinhead.jpg
31KB, 339x549px
>>92126304
Yes
>>
>>92136891
Batman alone has more good villains than the whole Marvel and DC universes
>>
>>92138007
>three great movies.
One great, one good and one average. GotG has two greats right now.
>>
File: data.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
data.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>92124074
>tries to call a truce with Peter so he can get the bomb off his brain
>Peter says fuck you dad and it was supposed to be this big moment
>there were like 5 seconds left on the bomb so wtf was he going to do even if he said ok I forgive you for killing mom
>>
>>92126917
>son shoots you
>it was just an appendage of your true self and you can grow it back with barely any effort at all
>consider it a declaration of war
>>
>>92138526
Ego could probably just warp there if given the chance.

Besides, not like he knew how much time was on the bomb. For all he knows, it was remote activated.
>>
>>92138617
to be fair it kind of was a declaration of war.
>>
>>92138617
I mean, thats exactly what it was. As soon as starlord got free and was with the others, they went straight for his core.
>>
>>92133178
what's wrong about that?
>>
>>92138617
A black eye heals up eventually but it doesn't change that the other guy punched you in the face
>>
>>92135690
Well they've only known each other for 2 months at this point, perhaps they never are able to fully open up, but maybe they eventually will.

Yondu made Rocket realize he was being an asshole to everyone because he didn't want to get close. Maybe in the third movie they start opening up more. Maybe we learn exactly what happened to Rocket. I mean we know generally what happened but not the specifics.
>>
>>92133275
I was pretty surprised that the last shot was Rocket crying. It was a pretty melancholy way to end the movie, even if there was comedy in the stingers almost immediately after.
>>
>>92138526
remember when he had Peter impaled with his energy tentacle and was able to control his planet form so well that he was crushing everyone? I think if Peter agreed to help him at the end he would have just done that and crushed the bomb before it detonated. that's my theory at least.
>>
>>92138760
Im pretty sure crushing the batteries would have just caused them to explode.. But who knows, maybe he could have isolated the bomb from his brain.
>>
If the brain is the actual organism then why did it matter if his human body got old and died? Couldn't he just easily make another one back on his planet just as we saw him do?
>>
>>92138799
or crushed enough of the device that it would have rendered it inert. or maybe with enough energy he could project a force field around his brain.
>>
>>92138819
That was presumably just an excuse to cover up the real reason he left.
>>
>>92138836
which was?

I thought the whole reason he gave Quill's mom cancer was to remove the temptation to come back to earth and live with her.
>>
>>92138819
he says if he doesn't return to his planet the light will burn out and he will die. why do people not remember this very specific line of dialog?
>>
>>92138859
He left because he had finished his purpose there.
But his love for Quill's mom kept bringing him back. So he gave her cancer so he wouldn't have any reason to return.
Also >>92138867
>>
>>92138867
because that's fucking dumb, if you cut off a finger and then send it across the universe but you don't get it back in time to reattach it does your brain die?
>>
>>92124074
Do they ever explain why he gave his wife brain cancer if he loved her so much? I don't understand.....that seemed really important.
>>
>>92138927
yeah but if your focusing all your mental energy and consciousness to that finger wouldn't it make sense that your regular brain and body might die if you don't return that piece and rest?
>>
>>92138939
What? Did you like fall asleep or something?
>>
>>92138927
Well Ego isn't exactly a human. We don't know how his biology works in the movie. Maybe the light is his consciousness. After all, he didn't immediately know where the team was when they went inside the planet. So presumably he isn't completely omniscient regarding everything about him.
>>
>>92129994
I love me some Nazi leather.
>>
>>92138939
Wait, srsly?
He was afraid his love for her would make him stray from his plan to completely envelope the universe with himself. If he stayed on earth away from his core, he would grow old and die. So he killed her to stop that emotional connection from stopping his master plan.
>>
>>92138965
if he did it would be hard to blame him
>>
>>92138939
His reasoning was that she distracted him from his goal (the name of which escapes me at the moment).
>>
File: 1476139124359.jpg (27KB, 542x474px) Image search: [Google]
1476139124359.jpg
27KB, 542x474px
>>92124252
>>92124291
>People unironically using lit on /co/

Normies GTFO!
>>
>>92138939
because he's the bad guy.

His entire existence was tied to completing his task of changing life in the universe as he saw fit. Because he loved Peter's mom it was a risk to that goal. therefore she had to go in order for his task to succeed.
>>
>>92137899
This is all terrible.

He's not called Ego for nothing. He is lonely and other beings cannot fulfill that loneliness, even if they're his children. He is narcissistic and can only be content if he is with something that is literally made /changed to be like him.

>>92138939
He's a sociopath. He just cares for himself. He enjoyed the time with Pete's mom, but it was just like turning off the tv or else you'll keep watching and forget/ignore your homework.
>>
I almost cried when the camera cut to Yondu's ravager crewman during the Ravager funeral
>>
>>92135332
haha BENIS babe
>>
I gotta say, I'm embarassed by how long it took me to put 2 and 2 together about Ego.

Like I admit I'm not the biggest /co/mrade. I didn't really look at who was who in the cast list before seeing the movie, and I know who Ego is in the marvel universe but wasn't really thinking about him when he introduced himself.

It didn't hit me exactly what was going on until right at the start of Ego telling Quill his real masterplan. And then I felt like a dumbass for not realizing who he was.
>>
>>92138030
They used redneck sentance structure
>>
>>92139139
I've never heard a redneck use that exact term/phrase/whatever.
>>
>>92139161
I live in ohio and hear it all the time
>>
>>92139199
I'm texan but maybe its more regional.
>>
>>92138083
Civil War is great. The First Avenger is the spotty one with that terrible third act
>>
>>92139223
I'm also Texan and have never heard it.
>>
>>92139280
>>92139223
>>92139199
In my experience, Texas doesn't really have the same type of white trash redneck that America's mid-west and deep south tend to have, the type that forms the basis for Squidbillies or Cletus the Yokel. I lived there for over a decade and never heard an accent even close to those I'd heard in places like Georgia.

Plenty of "y'all" though.
>>
>>92139480
Nothin wrong with a good old "y'all"
>>
>>92139066
I'm not afraid to admit I cried through that whole sequence on an anonymous Lithuanian wrestling forum.
>>
>>92139546
I teared up slightly during it too. Especially with that last shot of Rocket crying.
>>
>>92124149

Jeff Bridges is fantastic fuck off.
>>
>>92139066
All the good Rocky movies made me year for Stallone's acknowledgement and approval, so whenever I see him salute Yondu on screen I really related to Kraglin.
>>
>>92139249
>that terrible third act
only if you think that the fight was meant to be the climax instead of the call with Peggy.

The montage was pretty lame, though, I agree.
>>
This movie was shit and the dadrock was even worse than the first one
>>
>>92137030
Yondu's big scene wrecking his former crew was absolutely thrilling.
>>
File: 1376263787407.jpg (10KB, 161x198px) Image search: [Google]
1376263787407.jpg
10KB, 161x198px
>AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW
>>
>>92137030
Yeah, I thought in many ways it was weaker than GotG1, but God damn was it pretty.
>>
>>92139954
I didn't really enjoy the casual sadism of it
>>
>>92124386
Eh. I had always assumed she got cancer from fucking a space man and the frail human body being unanle to stand Ego's radiation.
>>
File: 1415157024893.jpg (19KB, 160x185px) Image search: [Google]
1415157024893.jpg
19KB, 160x185px
>>92140000
YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME AGAIN
>>
>>92140068
The twist is more that he deliberately gave her cancer to kill her. I had already assumed as well that his presence gave her cancer, but I assumed it was more accidental than intentional.
>>
>>92140065
Tis the price of mutiny
>>
>>92139583
Jeff Bridges wasn't Ego, he was Stane in the very first Iron Man.
>>
>>92140065
He didn't care for the casual murder of his followers while he was expected to watch.
>>
Its probably autism that this stuck out to me but I thought it was interesting they changed Rocket's facial expression after blasting that guy through a wall from the trailer to the final product.

In that first trailer he smiles after shooting the guy, but in the final product its more of a smug smirk, no teeth shown.
>>
>>92129994
When are they going to bring him back? Fuck, even in a flashblack, since Weaving said he wants to play Skull again, just not in makeup.
>>
>>92140065
I think it's fitting given the absolutely sadistic way they murdered Yondu's loyalists. Without that scene, yes it would've been way too much, but they got what was coming to them.
>>
>>92131378
>thought Drax was going to be annoying the whole movie
>he was actually pretty funny

>thought Baby Groot was going to be Minioned to death
>actually wasn't annoying
>>
>>92129994
damn, what an awesome character deisgn. that coat is legit
>>
>>92134430

Both of those scenes were punchlines. Like, compare that to Starlord v. Ego, or Gamora v. Karen Gillen trying too hard, or Yondu destroying the mutineers. It would be nice to see Drax get a straight action scene like those at some point, instead of just being autistic laughing man.
>>
>>92133109
The "I'm not going to lose another friend" line was good though.
>>
>>92140195
Heh. Does it count as Flanderization when he was the same as in the first movie?
>>
>>92125144
Seriously. That was a really awesome moment.
>>
>>92140221
I like how the viewer was made to think he was referring to Peter, when in reality he knew he was losing Yondu.
>>
>>92135654
At least they shortened the joke to make it fit better.

>Mantis, look out!

Boom. Nothing else after it.
>>
I was really surprised to see Stallone give such a solid performance in what was essentially an extended cameo.
>>
>>92140181
I thought baby groot was a bit annoying, but it could have been much worse for sure. And the segment of him bringing stuff back to Rocket and Yondu was funny, even if it ran a bit too long.

At least its basically confirmed Groot will be back to normal by the next movie.
>>
>>92139954
>>92140065
Well considering the way the mutineers had killed the loyalists while forcing Yondu to watch...

I can understand him having enough rage built up from that to execute every one of them the way he did.
>>
>>92140289
I dunno, I felt the punchline was lost without the second line. Especially since the movie gives no time for the joke to settle in. Ego immediately wakes up and the action continues.

Perhaps the trailer version overexplains the joke, but the final product version just didn't really work.
>>
>>92140308
I couldnt understand what he was saying
>>
Can someone remind me about the "And if you don't love me now" scene? I don't remember it.
>>
>>92140364
That's Stallone for you.
>>
>>92140364
ADRIAN
>>
>>92140181
The opening scene with Groot dancing got very old very fast, but other than that I was also pleasantly surprised with how he was handled. There wasn't a ton of dumb jokes, and it really tied up the theme of fatherhood by basically having Peter be Groot's father-figure. The scene of him trying to bring the fin back didn't drag as much, was funny and was sort of a neat call-back to Groot stealing the battery too early when they break out of prison in the first movie.
>>
>>92140181
I thought baby groot was really annoying, especially during the opening fight
>>
>>92140362
I didnt see the trailer with that and thought drax shouting look out after the thing hit her was still funny
>>
>>92140364
You need to watch more Rocky movies.
And Demolition man.
So you can get a proper ear for Stallone.

And because they're good movies
>>
I honestly thought Gamora was a bit too unfair to Quill during their argument.

It was completely her idea for him to go with Ego, and then she gets admittingly bad vibes about it and tries to convince him something was wrong. That was all fine.

But the whole "I thought we were your family" seemed like a low blow to me. It was literally her idea for him to go even though he wanted nothing to do with Ego initially.

She was right, but she didn't have to be such an ass about it.
>>
>>92140456
>>She was right, but she didn't have to be such an ass about it.
women, amirite?
>>
>>92140430
Well admittingly the opening credits had to last long enough to get all the credits out.

But it definitely felt like a weaker verison of 1's opening credits which were great.
>>92140438
The joke fell kinda flat in my theater. Everyone laughed at her getting hit which was great, but nobody really reacted to Drax's line.
>>92140484
Its not even about her being a woman. If Drax or Rocket had said it, I'd feel the same way
>>
>>92133029
I just assumed he was going to pay them and say bye, after doing some lore dump because he loves showing off his collection.
>>
>>92138526
Ego was tired from the fight, he was looking more and more grey as the fight went on

If he used some of Peter's energy, then maybe he could've caught the bomb
>>
>>92124074
>that gurren lagan reference
I think i was the only one in my cinema that got it. Well, there were only 3 of us.
>>
>>92133029
I didn't get that impression at all.

Besides, he's a professional collector. Hard to get your hands on new stuff if you have a reputation for killing your clients.

Besides, he made that offer to take Groot's body after he dies, so that implies he was being fully business. If he was just planning to kill them, no need to offer them anything like that.
>>
>>92140650
Uh, what was the reference?
>>
>>92140650
what?
>>
>>92125101

Yes, thats the whole point of Yondu's arc and banishment.
>>
>>92140676
yeah I agree

though looking back on that part it kinda bothers me that quill yells to rocket in a bar crowded with toughs that they're about to make billions and no one then does anything to them
>>
>>92133022
I like that it felt forced. Made the scene less about humor and more about Rocket's constant need to be an asshole and put down everyone around him.
>>
>>92140705
>>92140711
Don't believe in yourself, Mantis, Believe in me who believes in you.
>>
>>92140430
I thought the fin scene dragged on a bit too much, but otherwise baby Groot didn't bother me much.
>>
>>92140807
that's not what he said
>>
>>92140650
I don't know if it was a deliberate reference, but that's definitely where my mind immediately went.
>>
>>92124074
Spinoff with Sly as Starhawk and the rest of the original gotg team when?
>>
>>92140893
It's close enough.
>>
File: 1490488063175.jpg (207KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490488063175.jpg
207KB, 960x768px
Just got done watching it. Loved the movie, easily a 9.5/10.

Did not laugh as much as the first one but overall enjoyed it more. Feared that baby groot was going to get annoying but he was used sparingly enough for me to not mind him.

Favorite scene was the jubgle fight scene. Rocket dominated them.

having the movie end on a crying rocket makes me thing they are going to be focusing on him for the next one. Exited to see if we are going to see the place he was made but I am probably overthinking things.
>>
>>92140982
not really
>>
>>92141011
nah, I disagree. Personally it all just felt very strained to me, like they were trying too hard. It didn't have a very well put together story, and yet another underwhelming bad guy with very poorly defined motivations ("I'm gonna kill the entire universe because they were 'so disappointing' lol"). I really disliked all the baby groot stuff that gets shoved in your face constantly. Gamorra and star lord had significantly less chemistry than they did in the first film, and gamorra gets barely any screen time at all.

I know its a super hero movie and all, but the fact that they always get into these life or death situations like "a quantum asteroid field" or being attacked by hundreds of enemies and not only survive fine every time but also do it without a scratch just kills any tension. You know they're going to kill the bad guy and get out ok, and sure enough they do. I also found the casual sadism of it a bit disgusting, like the part in the ravager ship when rocket and yondu horribly murder hundreds of people to music.

I thought Drax was the only character that was used much better than in the first film.

definite meh/10
>>
>>92141032
yes really
>>
>>92140773

Probably cause it's not unheard of and is also a normal boast to make. Surely people know the collector is there and trades with people. They also have likely heard people talk about how much they could make.

I think by and large the collector has to keep his deals and NOT kill people he made deals with. I don't think anyone would put up with him doing that for long. He doesn't want negative attention. Some Ravagers looking for him would be really bad for him. Maybe he'd have made an exception for the GotG over an infinity stone, still I think he has no interest in killing people.
>>
>>92141032
>>92141071
Quality discussion, lads. Keep up the good work.
>>
I WANT TO FUCK THE GOLD PEOPLE
>>
>>92141071
so did you start clapping when they made an epic anime reference?

You said you were one of the only people who reacted, what does that mean?
>>
>>92141070
>"I'm gonna kill the entire universe because they were 'so disappointing' lol"

I saw it as him wanting to control the universe by spreading his essence everywhere he went.
>>
>>92141116
I went with two buddies, neither of whom watch much anime. Nobody else was there. So, i assume, i was the only one in the cinema who thought of Gurren Lagann when the scene happened.
You seem to be really stupid, did your mother drop you a couple of times when you were a baby?
>>
>>92134430
It's hard because Drax is melee and this was mostly a space battle/planet battle movie.

Drax can only really shine up close and personal
>>
>>92141275
In his place, i'd be perfectly contend with spreading my essence in Mantis.
>>
Found a plot hole:

Peter's mom described his dad in the first movie as "an angel composed of pure light." That doesn't match up with how she knew him at all.
>>
>>92141070
>>92141275
His motivation was quite clear.

"I am perfect, all other life is not perfect therefore assimilate everything else".

I mean did people not hear him basically say that with the whole life dissapointed me talk?
>>
>>92137382

That made me so happy.
>>
>>92133109
>I thought Rocket was kind of a weak link all around in this one

He was better than he had been in the last movie, what are you talking about? Rocket was fuckin' great.
>>
>>92141112
You realize that in their eyes you're a filthy subhuman right?
>>
>>92141313
insults, typical
>>
>>92141420
they should have clarified a bit more why he thought "cover every planet with blue goo lol" was superior to planets being covered with sentient beings
>>
>>92141588
wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
>>
>>92141617
not /a/ that's for sure, I think its time you went back
>>
>>92141317
Ego could've created some mooks for Drax to fight.
>>
>>92141616
Remade in his image.
>>
>>92140156
I'll even tolerate a CGI red skull if we get weaving back.
>>
I feel like the first one was better, and that the characters weren't as good.

Also, holy hell those sisters making up that fast was way too rushed.
>>
>>92141698
his image is a blue blob?
>>
I'm honestly surprised nobody has complained about Pacman. I really disliked that to be honest. The only redeeming part was that it felt in character since he mentioned making giant Pacman statues.
>>
>>92141070
I agree, the movie felt way more underwhelming than the first one.

The writing felt much worse than the first one, maybe it was because of the music placement for some parts or something, but I can't quite put my finger on it
>>
>>92141011
Yeah, wouldnt surprise me if Rocket gets more focus in 3.

It doesnt help hes the most popular member of the team
>>
File: uPrAVOEV.jpg (290KB, 2798x1477px) Image search: [Google]
uPrAVOEV.jpg
290KB, 2798x1477px
>>92141461
^ rocket was fantastic.
>>
File: ayl0350_cmp_v048-1104.jpg (173KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
ayl0350_cmp_v048-1104.jpg
173KB, 1280x674px
>>92141564

Miscegenation, the ultimate heresy! That we require practice to better identify. Repeat practice.
>>
>>92141770
Minecraft is gonna blow Quills mind.
>>
Anyone else cry a little when Gamora and Nebula hugged?
>>
>>92124450
Probably because he said it so "matter of fact-ly"
>>
>>92141764
Takes time to shape it the way he wants. It would start up as blue blob and after millions of years it would be whatever he wanted it to be
>>
>>92141785
yeah I didn't like the music used in this one as much as in the previous one, and they tried to play it up even more with them saying shit like these lame pop songs are "the greatest musical compositions in the universe"
>>
>villain
>just because he was alpha

Yeah, any confident male is the bad guy.
>>
>>92141616

HE HAS A GOD DAMN MUSEUM EXHIBIT FOR SHOWCASING HIS VILLAINOUS PLAN.

He thought other sentient life was disappointing because of how temporary and fleeting it is.
>>
>>92141564
That just makes it hotter!
>>
>>92141616
I thought it was clear enough

He was planting himself on the planet.

I just realized something though. Its a bit of an issue that GotG2 is only months after 1 instead of being real time like the rest of the canon.

Why did this giant spore thing that ate a lot of a small town never brought up. Lore wise it doesnt make sense.
>>
>>92140181
I thought Baby Groot was pretty annoying myself. I came for an action comedy, not some cutesy mess about a literal toddler.
>>
>>92141843
I agree, I think they focused too much on the music and less on the writing or character. Although father and son was a well placed song, plus fox on the run and elo.

When the hell did Surrender play?
>>
>>92136562
Meanwhile at Fox
>>
>>92141884
At the end of the movie during the first stinger i believe
>>
>>92141906
damn, thats infuriating
>>
File: BERT.jpg (15KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
BERT.jpg
15KB, 476x356px
>few weeks ago
>make a joke about Guardians of the Galaxy 3 featuring a teenaged Groot
>mfw one of the post-credits scenes
>>
>>92137096
Pretty much it and Captain America are the only good MCU films IMO
>>
>>92141874
Yes, I like mature movies for mature people like us too.
>>
>>92137382
also Uatu cameo
>>
>>92141925
Well Iron Man 1 was great

And fuck you I like IM3 too.
>>92141958
I was hoping we'd get to see Cosmo talking and running Knowhere when he showed up in the credits
>>
>>92141662

or had some kind of monster. Could have been a great cameo for one of the pre-hero era marvel monsters like Torr or Orgo or something
>>
>>92141564
I mean she didn't seem that turned off when Starlord offered to fuck her golden ass.
>>
>>92141972
>And fuck you I like IM3 too.
>LMAO the Mandarin was just an actor the whole time, funneh right?

Fuck that shit
>>
File: tumblr_nd8zz95Y3A1qfdofwo2_500.png (418KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd8zz95Y3A1qfdofwo2_500.png
418KB, 500x386px
>>92133275
RocketxQuill shippers are going to go apeshit over this movie.
>>
I know it's a throwaway idea, but I loved the idea of a "quantum asteroid field"
>>
>>92142033
She knew he was something more than human though.
>>
File: 1489614091706.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489614091706.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>92139583
>Jeff Bridges
>>
>>92137096
If the third one is of similar quality it will displace Captain America's.
>>
>>92142140
More like be equal.
Id say GotG1 is Civil War tier while 2 is first avenger tier.
>>
>>92141868
>Why did this giant spore thing that ate a lot of a small town never brought up.

It's in Missouri.
>>
Did they drop an f-bomb during the movie? After that ad, I almost expected Rocket to say "Welcome to the fuckin guardians of the galaxy"

I knew it was a long shot but I was still disappointed it didn't happen.
>>
>>92141813

>Practice

So like, just hotdogging?

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493651316327.webm
>>
>watchers

that legit threw me off
>>
File: image.png (744KB, 960x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
744KB, 960x548px
>Post yfw Peter broke the chain
>>
>>92142359
>Did they drop an f-bomb during the movie?

They did, Groot tells Yondu, "I Am Groot"

So saucy.
>>
>teenage groot
I know it's a stupid thing but I still liked it.
>>
I do think its kinda funny how they've made a running gag of characters not getting the stuff Quill does, like Rocket repeatedly fucking up the winking thing and everyone misunderstanding his references.
>>92142440
Heh
>>
>>92142125
I really want high quality screencaps of Yondu and Rocket's faces during that scene.
>>
>>92141662
But then we're back to the Avengers problem of fighting a league of easily defeatable minions.
>>
File: 1493270361932.jpg (12KB, 249x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493270361932.jpg
12KB, 249x236px
>>92141112
To teach them history, I must assume, yes?
>>
>>92141846
He impregnated a woman and then killed her
>>
>>92142509
>>
>>92141379
He had to appear and go home, he showed up glowing, he picked his 80s style after meeting her.

Ego lied in his museum, he didn't just randomly pick an 80s dude to be his form
>>
>>92141846
I know you are shitposting but
A:He killed Quill's mom
B:He killed thousands of his children because they didn't have his gene
C:He was planning to destroy all live in the universe until everything was Ego (and maybe Quill)
>>
I loved how a lot of the locations were at least partly sets and not 100% green screen.
>>
So is Kraglin gonna be one of the guardians or is he going to join one of the other Ravager groups?
>>
File: sean gunn.jpg (159KB, 620x489px) Image search: [Google]
sean gunn.jpg
159KB, 620x489px
This guy was great
>>
>>92142554
More like he KILLED THAT PUSSSAAAAAAY
>>
>>92142674
>He's James Gunn's younger brother

Well alright then

I guess that means we will probably see more of him in the future even if he isn't a guardian
>>
>>92142674
So is he part of the Guardians now? I could see him being the default pilot character just so they have more opportunities to have Peter and Rocket do stuff.
>>
>>92140386
it was the moment Peter gained his Super powers and fought Ego as a semi-equal.
>>
>>92141813
Fuck. Every time she was on the screen.
>>
>>92142742
He might be an honorary member.

The actor also is the greenscreen reference actor for Rocket. Guess they felt Bradley Cooper has better things to do than crouch around in a greenscreen suit.

So he will at least be around for that, so it wouldn't surprise me if Kraglin gets more screentime in the future.
>>
>>92129908
>DC is making better villians because IN THE COMICS IS THE OTHER FUCKING WAY AROUND.
Literally neither of these things are true. The DCEU is completely abysmal at characterization in general. But Joker, Lex, most of the Suicide Squad, they're pretty intriguing characters in the comics.

No one gives a fuck about Iron Man rogues or Frost Giants or Hydra characters in the comics.
>>
File: thoughtful pepe.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
thoughtful pepe.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Was GoTG Vol2 a pro-Stepfather/cuckold piece?

Were they trying to imply that another man raising another man's seed was more acceptable than a biological father trying to continue his legacy?
>>
>Best Make-Up
>Best Visual Effects
what other oscars is this movie going to win costume design, sound mixing?
>>
File: 2017-05-07-03-25-16-1014274166.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-07-03-25-16-1014274166.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>92142791
I give Kraglin a Deakin/10
>>
>>92142742
He'll be the new Yondu for the Ravagers of the Galaxy.
>>
>>92142865
It is when the biological father is a complete and total jackass.
>>
>>92142888
I honestly think it should be given consideration for cinematography, but theres no way in hell that'll happen knowing the oscars.
>>
>>92129908
Still pissed about what they did to Rumlow
>>
>>92142962
Don't reply to him you mongoloid
>>
>>92141112
Were they supposed to be evil? They seemed like a cool species.
>>
>>92143002
Well they were supposed to be extremely arrogant at the very least.

They wasted so many ships trying to kill the Guardians over Rocket insulting them. The leader didn't even care about the batteries he took compared to the insult considering she was willing to blow them up with the guardians.
>>
>>92142865
You're trying too hard. Ego bore no meaningful love, he just loved the way someone else might love eating. Yondu was rough, but far more caring than Ego ever could have been. This does beg the question of why Yondu never had his own child, I guess the robo hookers were good enough for him, or his reputation was so bad no girl would go steady with him.
>>
Is Drax gonna be okay after getting stabbed in the neck with an arrow?
>>
>>92142865

>>>/pol/

No one cares about your cuck fetish and you are trying too hard to find it in places it's not there.

Take a break from the internet
>>
>>92143145

No. It might not have been clear, but he actually dies in that scene.
>>
>>92141868
no one gives a shit about flyover states no matter the universe
>>
>>92143096
Well, it's not quite so severe a loss when they're remote controlled.
>>
>>92143204
Fuck

Guess thats how Kraglin becomes the new member of the Guardians. Secretly kills Drax and takes his place.

Metal
>>
>>92142865
REEEEEE
THATS NOT EVEN WHAT A KEKOLD IS REEEEEE
>>
>>92143235
It was like two entire fleets.

Its clear the rest of the leadership is unhappy with the queen in that stinger.
>>
I found it quite ridiculous that Adam Warlock's existence hinged on Rocket stealing some batteries during a fight
>>
>>92143002
I really like the idea of a large fleet being controlled by a bunch of dudes playing on glorified arcade machines
>>
>>92143262
Is that his name?

I feel bad because him, Yondu, and Drax were the best characters in the movie and I didn't even know his name
>>
File: r1jTP0I.gif (460KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
r1jTP0I.gif
460KB, 500x366px
>>92124074
>not J'Sonn

I will never not be mad about this, they could've set up Thane which would've been a non-half-assed character to kill Thanos. But people only pretend to like characters that are over 20 years old.
>>
>>92142440
No, but they got away with at least three shits, so maybe they work on a point system.
>>
>>92143328
Yeah, thats his name
>>
>>92143342
bendis fuck off
>>
My only problem with the movie was that during the first half it felt like they were trying to cram as many jokes as possible in it.

>MY NIPPLES
>>
So, was Ego actually a celestial in the movieverse, or was he just an asshole living planet who thought he was a celestial?
>>
>>92143343
Shit is much more allowed in pg13 movies.

Besides, PG13 movies are allowed 2 fucks (as long as its used in a non-sexual way)
>>
>>92136891

Jesus Christ, Batman has the worst fucking villains.

Well, second-worst, there's still spider-man's Rogues Gallery.
>>
>>92143294
Look at any string of events closely enough and you will find that it all hinges on some ridiculous tiny event.
>>
>>92143388
same, especially with Drax
>>
>>92143388
Yeah, people accuse marvel of trying too hard to force comedy in their movies, but this is the first time I've really accused them of that. It felt pretty forced in the first act.

Luckily I feel they let up on that in the rest of the movie.
>>92143402
Buddy, I'm sorry but you have terrible taste.

Batman and Spiderman's rogue galleries are some of the most iconic villains in comics.
>>
>>92143271
Cuckold was derived from the name of the cuckoo bird

A cuckoo gets other's to raise its progeny at the expense of the other's own seed. It was the original definition. If a male raises another's seed, it is now a cuckold.
>>
>>92143294
I'm sure that he was still in the works even if the guardians hadn't pissed them off.

And technically, it was more because Rocket called them conceited douchebags. That was what they were concerned more with.
>>
>>92143389
Unless they say otherwise in the future, we can assume hes an actual celestial.

Though they could easily retcon it and say he was just egotistical (heh) since we already have seen celestials that fit more closely to the comic celestials.
>>
>>92142492
Yondu being so happy about being Mary Poppins made me giggle
>>
>>92143374
>muh Adam Warlock
>>
>>92143453
Literally nobody uses it like that though.
>>
>>92142019
I was thinking that they could have revealed that Ego sent the Abilisk to Sovereign City as a way to test the Guardians and could unleash another one in the finale for Drax to defeat on his own after learning his lesson about skin not being softer on the inside.

Could be a neat way to tie everything together so people wouldn't complain the first act was meandering and purposeless.

That's one of the few changes I'd make alongside Quill's mother getting cancer from sex with Ego and him knowing it'd happen but not caring and having done the same to all the women he bedded across the galaxy.
>>
>>92143486
He's such a huge dork, I'm really going to miss him in future titles. I mean I get he was kinda too OP to live what with wiping out 95% of that Ravager ship single-arrowly but he was fun. At least passing on his character development to Rocket was a clever choice.
>>
File: korg.png (308KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
korg.png
308KB, 600x316px
this guy was in the jump scene right?
there were two of them fighting.
>>
>>92143598
Yeah

Man, I just want more of rocket though. I know he was basically the secondary lead of the movie, got like a 3rd of it to himself and Yondu but I want more.
>>
>Interdimensional monster in the beginning's skin isn't softer on the inside
>Center is Ego is more vulnerable than the rest of him

James???
>>
Do any of you have tape?
>>
>>92143697
you think I just have tape on hand for my shitposting sessions?
>>
>>92143697
why did he have that button in the first place?
>>
>>92143697

I have some industrial strength tape from my workplace. It is so strong it'll tear your skin off. I put it on people out in public and run away.
>>
>>92143697
Is Scotch okay?
>>
>>92143697
>>92143768
The first 2 or 3 people he asked made me think it was too much, but his reply to the unheard Drax brough me back.

>>92143741
He could have only had a 2 button switch at hand, with only one output wire.

Either that or he could be preparing for a more drastic measure, just in case.
>>
>>92143402
Obviously trollin. Nobody seriously can have taste this shit
>>
File: glue.png (275KB, 696x696px) Image search: [Google]
glue.png
275KB, 696x696px
>>92143697
I have this.
>>
>>92143844

I used this stuff to seal up my ass because I was afraid of getting raped.
>>
>>92143921
Storytime please
>>
>>92143609
uh, I've watched the movie twice and still can't tell

I don't think it was him tbqh, their skin looked somewhat less "rocky" to me
>>
>>92143832

Sorry, dude. Batman and Spiderman have the dorkiest, lamest rogues galleries in comics. Seriously Dick Tracy tier schlock.
>>
>>92143697
I wish I didn't see this scene in the trailer because it just felt spoiled for me when it happened in the movie
>>
>>92143453
yes it's derived from that but cuckhold as an insult just means someone is fucking your wife
>>
>>92143389
Don't forget the giant decapitated celestial head that Knowhere was made from; there could be a connection to Ego just being a floating brain I guess.
>>
File: money.jpg (53KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
53KB, 600x417px
>that fucking product placement

i remember anons from 3 years ago talking about third tape his dad could have
>>
>>92150806
I thought that joke was funny
I had some classmates in highschool who were sure the Zune would be the next big thing

I mean the service was admittingly nice, it was like 10 bucks a month for 10 songs to own and streaming after that.

But they thought the hardware was the best thing out there.
>>
>>92150806
Is it really product placement if its been out of production for half a decade?
>>
>>92139066
I did cry, same with my best friend when we watched it.

Somehow, maybe it was the dub that hit us harder, but it was really sad, yet fantastic.
>>
File: movie_man_of_steel_zod_trailer.jpg (24KB, 660x277px) Image search: [Google]
movie_man_of_steel_zod_trailer.jpg
24KB, 660x277px
>>92124074
>a pulp 80s actor compared to wwe wrestlers, sitcom rejects and b movie actors means a good villain
ORANGE SLICES
>>
>>92140650
>>92140901
Lol I thought I was the only one
>>
>>92138526
I just took it Ego was begging "why" before he died.
>>
>>92138939
His love for her distracted him from his goal. He didn't want any incentive for him to abandon his immortality.
>>
>>92151007

oh, i still use zune on my laptop, it connects my lumia phone

didnt knew it was obsolete by now
>>
>>92151007
this

did someone claim product placement for walkman
>>
>>92124074
It helped that Russel brought his A-game and inhabited the fuck out of this role.
>>
I just realized
Starlord's visor thing gets destroyed in the final battle.
Thats totally an excuse for him to get a new helmet. Im not holding my breath for the DnA helmet but hopefully we get something cooler
>>
>>92124149
Yeah good not great
>>
>>92124074
He looks freakishly like Robin Williams there
>>
>>92154299
They spent relatively little time on it compared to the walkman so that seems like the idea as well. Then again the first movie ended with teasing the blue uniforms and that didn't turn out.
>>
>>92139603
>All the good Rocky movies
All of them then.
>>
File: BREAD.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
BREAD.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>92142413
Okay but does anyone else think it's more than a little suspicious that of the four people in that scene, three were wearing matching blue outfits, and one was all orange and bulky?
They're telling us something.
Watchers are technically Fantastic Four characters
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.