[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Zuko refuse this literal 10/10 for god damned Mai?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 95

File: Jin_asks_Zuko_out.png (599KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jin_asks_Zuko_out.png
599KB, 720x480px
Why did Zuko refuse this literal 10/10 for god damned Mai?
>>
File: 1400578236594.png (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1400578236594.png
69KB, 500x500px
>>92121472
>Zuko has much better chemistry with literally every other girl than the one he ended up with
>>
>implying he didn't keep her as a royal concubine
>>
>>92121662
To be fair, Earth Tits only knew Zuko for one day, and most beautiful women can have chemistry with virtually any man for a single date as long as the guy has a normal capacity for communication.

Shit falls apart three to six months in, and by the time the both of them are thirty the big boobs won't matter as much. Zuko was really better off moving on and having his empire.
>>
>>92121472
well besides being a fucking idiot

Zuko was still dealing with his "Can't get muh honor back. Dad REALLY hates me now. Imma fugitive!"moping.

It wouldn't have worked out anyway. It would have been built on a lie.
>>
File: No Way Fag.jpg (75KB, 231x787px) Image search: [Google]
No Way Fag.jpg
75KB, 231x787px
>>92121472
Because, Zuko has shit taste. Jin seemed like a breath of fresh air for him to begin a new life away from honor and the fire nation, this is why Iroh shoved him for her.

Mai was a way for him to continue his honor and go on with his fire nation life.

He should've went with her.
>>
>>92121900
Didn't we find out in Korra that Jin was a poverty-stricken, cranky, baby-making machine who blindly worshiped the Earth Queen?
>>
>>92121472
I thought that was because him and Mai already had a relationship before he got exiled
>>
File: tumblr_m4xgod5hb61rufet4o1_500.jpg (67KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4xgod5hb61rufet4o1_500.jpg
67KB, 500x317px
>>92121662
It's even continuing in the shitty comics. Maiko has gotten worse in the comics, if anything.
>>
>>92121984
No. Bolin's grandmother is not Jin. Her name is Gin.

>>92122037
They were childhood friends and they kind of liked each other.
>>
>>92122090
>No. Bolin's grandmother is not Jin. Her name is Gin.
Are you being serious? Korra's villains also built a 40 meter robot made out of solid fucking platinum - and without any metal bending powers to boot - so if you tell me Bolin's grandmother was a transgendered leprechaun I'll shrug and believe you. Makes as much sense as everything else.
>>
>>92122191
I want to say that that fucking robot is when Korra jumped the shark, but of course, the show actually jumped the shark way back in Book 1 when Amon's true identity was revealed. The robot was more like a backflip over a shark that was on fire.
>>
>>92122191
>Korra's villains also built a 40 meter robot made out of solid fucking platinum - and without any metal bending powers to boot

What the fuck? Is this for real?
>>
>>92121472
How have you not figured out Iroh hired a hooker to fuck his nephew? Jin was a hoe OP.
>>
File: 1489618136222.png (582KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1489618136222.png
582KB, 720x540px
>>92122191
Actually, Bolin's grandmother name is Yin.

Jin and that other girl were still best for Zuko's health and life though. He would've had a better supportive relationship.

>>92122258
They really dropped the ball with Amon and psychic bloodbending.
>>
>>92122308
Yes. The final boss of Korra Season 4 is a giant mecha made of platinum with a spirit nuke cannon. Before Kuvera fights Korra one on one again.

Like Season 2 was giant Korra vs. giant Vaatu.
>>
>>92122381
Does anyone hate the fact that LOK actually used the word "psychic"? I realize that that's probably the most accurate description, and that ATLA is full of "psychic" stuff (like astral projection), but something about the word feels wrong for Avatar. It's too technical, too modern. It doesn't feel properly spiritual.
>>
>>92122381
>They really dropped the ball with Amon and psychic bloodbending.
That was at least kind of believable, being able to take away bending with it was the real bullshit.
>>92122444
The modernization in Korra was all hard to take at first, it felt like way too fast of a progression in just 60 years. Even worse when you take into account the mechas, and eventual giant mecha.
>>
>>92122308
Not even kidding. They started small, but still stupid. They established that Toph taught a lot of people how to metal bend, but or whatever reason, metal benders can't bend platinum. They just fucking can't. The official excuse they give is that platinum is too "pure", but that's not correct because platinum forms alloys with carbon just fine. Platinum is bulky and has large interstitial spaces. Not often pure at all.

So one of the villains is some kind of trillionaire, and he builds robots out of platinum. The robots he builds are maybe a story tall. He also builds a wall made completely out of platinum to trap people who walk into the very specific area this heavy wall is located.

Hilariously, being built out of platinum does prevent the robots from being bent, but it doesn't prevent the earth underneath them from being bent, so the robots are completely vulnerable and 90% useless.

So to double down on this shit, they build a 40 meter tall platinum robot in the final book, and instead of earth bending a ditch to trip it, they build flying robots (maybe also made of platinum but they don't say), and the robots fly the way that bees do - with a really complex rotational wing flap.

It's insane.
>>
>>92122490
Thank god I dropped it when season 1 ended
>>
>>92122483
I recall getting really crabby when they busted out metal fuselage planes armed with functional weaponry. Somehow, the metal fuselage was their prototype, even though metal is heavier and requires both solid alloy technology and a firm understanding of flight principles in the first place.

My girlfriend rolled her eyes and told me to let it go. Metal fuselage planes look cooler on screen. But then the show just kept on going.
>>
>>92122558
Season 2 was pretty nice, mainly for me due to them exploring the past and Wan, but Korra as a whole felt like a clusterfuck.

I still have hope in a prequel focused on a past earth avatar from the revolution or something. Or anything as long as we have a race of genuine airbenders
>>
>>92121472
Isn't it basically canon that this was a prostitute that Iroh hired to get Zuko out of his slump?
>>
>>92122490
Science autists in a series about kung fu magic are the worst.
>>
>>92122633
It just should've stayed a miniseries like it originally was.
>>
>>92122653
>>92122490
>instead of earth bending a ditch to trip it
Theres still this
>>
File: 5976424217_df658de01d_o.jpg (902KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
5976424217_df658de01d_o.jpg
902KB, 3648x2736px
>>92122483
>Taking away bending with it was the real bullshit.
No it wasn't. If anything taking away the bending with it was the most realistic compared to the psychic shit.

Avatar and Korra both established the idea of chi points where benders makes movements and let their energies flow, this is what allows the Avatar use the Avatar State as they unlock them and have inner-harmony.

Chi-Blocking simply numbs the body part and closes the points, making a person unable to bend. All Amon did with his bloodbending was that he permanently blocked the chi points, taking away someones bending as the point couldn't be unblocked by his bloodbending.

It doesn't help the fact that your brain controls the muscles of your body. So not only did Amon not most likely block all your chi points, HE LITERALLY BLOCKED the side of your BRAIN that is associated with movement and bending to cripple you for life.

Amon's ability to take away someone's bending was realistic. PSYCHIC bloodbending was not realistic at all. He should be able to block chi points at a distance with it.

Amon should've been an energybender who learned it from a turtle though. It would've made more impact on the story and he would be a legit force in countering the avatar as he would've been someone other than the Avatar to learn energybending in a long time and use it to change the world.
>>
>>92122483
Everything about Korra's world made no sense

A single generation makes the progress of millenniums

But they don't invent something as simple as guns

So yeah a giant, walking, platinum robot works but putting gunpowder into a stock and barrel is too far out
>>
>>92122381
Jins running her own girls now.
>>
>>92122669
The problem was that actually. They made it trying it to be a miniseries, but didn't have enough episodes span for even one season and everything got rushed. Then by second season they finally decided to make it many seasons but it was as if the writing team was fighting with each other and then we got the shit that happened.
Had they decide to make it like a whole series of a single arc of around 20 episodes or more it would probably have flowed better than the constant retcons we got
>>
>>92122727
I thought the biggest problem was the poorly written characters and love triangles
>>
>>92122653
Am I the worst for knowing metallurgy? Or is the show the worst for using a metallurgy excuse to justify its lore?

I was always on board with "it's magic don't worry about it". I'm not going to call bullshit on lightning being classified as "fire", and who am I to complain if magma is "earth" even though it's liquid rock. When you think about it, none of it makes sense.

But the show says, "Platinum is too pure".

Pure like fucking how, though? Toph says she bends metal by bending the earth in the metal. She bends the carbon in it basically, right? Well platinum isn't pure. It forms alloys with carbon. It's basic metallurgy and aside from not making sense, it didn't contribute anything to the setting or the plot. The robots were easily defeated and didn't need to exist. They may as well have been made from normal steel and they'd be more convincing at least.
>>
>>92122740
Don't argue with him, it's a common retarded fallacy people use to defend bad writing

>"Oh it's all fantasy so any mistakes in the world building can be dismissed"
>>
>>92122711
My dumb fanfic has them encountering a new continent with its own bending cultures. Benders are not quite as common and more distrusted, so firearms were devloped. I'm not sure how far along they should be though, percussion cap but not breech loaded?
>>
>>92122738
Which is a consequence of the writers fucking everything up. Romance slows the plot in 90% of everything and jamming it in Korra when they couldn't get anything right only worsened it further.
Then there were a bunch of episodes wasted on pointless things or time in between focusing on unecessary stuff. Of course characters wouldn't get developed well. As if it wasn't enough they changed the plot completely each season.
''Hey guys, Korra is from a normal family on the south pole, but she can't get out due to previous avatar's orders'', ''Lol, now she is the daughter of the banished prince of north pole, couldn't get out due to fear of him or some sort of White Lotus manipulation'', ''Nono, it's actually anarchists that tried to kill her! THAT's why she couldn't get out of south pole!''
>>
>>92122444
LOK was more steampunk than fantasy, and it showed more and more as it went on. The only way to even sit through it is to divorce it from ATLA, since a lot of the spirituality was incorporated from other writers' ideas while Bryke were better equipped for the action and fights.

>>92122037
Mai had a crush on him when they were kids. He didn't seem to care much though since his mom had to force him to hang out with Azula and her friends. But Bryke like to retcon stuff so that it still makes sense afterwards, so now they describe them as childhood crushes.
>>
>>92122801
>>92122801
Probably better asking /k/, my knowledge of historical weapons is fairly limited. I know enough though to know it comes before the radio, electricity, and massive sky scraping buildings made of concrete

>>92122706
Taking Amon from an implied Chi bender and making it blood bending that breaks all the rules was horrible. Not to mention the bullshit logic behind Amon's motivation.

Also as an aside I starting watching TLA again and I completely forgot that there was an order in which the elements needed to be learned by the avatar
>>
>>92122856
I'm not sure if it's even fair to call it steampunk, though. They built a spirit laser cannon. The technology was everywhere and nowhere. Model T cars over here, metal fuselage planes over there, speedboats in the waters, giant mecha off in this area, and then there's this spirit stuff.
>>
>>92122740
Anon. Are you retarded?

Magma is literally heated earth. If fire is hot enough it can literally produce plasma (Lightning).
>>
>>92122957
Its canon that they designed it to be the prohibition era so 1930s/40s with random technology missing when it's convenient for the plot
>>
Fucking This.
The show would have been better off making some sorta fantasy alloy, then using fucking platinum, what's worse is that that they can bend fucking mercury. Which is also "pure" at least in the stupid way the show tries to use justify it.
>>
>>92121773
>It wouldn't have worked out anyway. It would have been built on a lie.
Yeah does everyone ignore this part, that bitch who's name I forget would have considered him a horrible enemy of her country

even at the end of the series where he's the good fire ruler she would be angry their entire relationship was build on deceit
>>
>>92122801
>>92122711

Why would guns be effective? They throw massive stone disks at each other at high speed. Massive fire balls. They also use water whips they Aang and Katara used to cut throw metal, against flesh.

They are super strong, fast and tough. Even if guns were a thing, they could just wear heavier Armour. Lots of plate armor was bullet tested and resistant against muskets and primitive guns.
>>
>>92122980
And water is just heated ice. Air is just heated air. Blood is a bunch of stuff.

The rules are arbitrary. You have to let the show tell you what types of benders can bend what. Water benders seem able to bend most liquids that are a liquid at room temperature, and I guess if it heats enough to become steam, they can bend that too. They can also turn it into ice and bend the ice.

Why? I don't fuckin' know. It's magic. It has nothing to do with actual states. Toph learned to bend metal, but if you really were able to make an alloy of iron and nickel or something, then presumably it's all metal and she couldn't bend it. Not enough room for carbon impurities. Why is carbon cool but ferrous iron not? Dunno. They never say. I don't question it.

But I DO question the show when they say platinum is "pure", because it isn't. It forms alloys with carbon just like iron does.
>>
>>92123014
Oh I forgot about the murcury

That kind of completely throws the justification as to why they can't bend platinum out the window
>>
>>92122711

Actually it makes a shitton of sense. Guns are iteration based tech, the superiority of benders would have kept them from being developed as anything more than toys.

The fuck good is a single shot smooth bore rifle against a guy who can just put up a wall between you and him, then punch you with said wall. Earth benders are firing lines' worst enemy, water benders can wet powder, air benders (in theory could) bend the bullets away from them and fire benders can already basically cast fireball. Not to mention that a really good metal bender might just be able to not give a fuck about lead shot.

WW2 era and later weapons would be the only remotely useful thing in their world, and it takes a lot of development to get to them.

Then again everything else in Korra happened, so fuck it, why not.
>>
>>92123019
>>92121773
How would the relationship be a lie?

When he met Jin, he was literally a rogue and immigrant. No longer part of the Fire Nation.

The only way it wouldn't work is if he jumps the shark and didn't tell her who he was and his whole backstory before the Fire Nation takes over the city.
>>
>>92123091
Canons were a thing, anon. Lightweight canons were a really big deal and a major factor in Napoleon's early success. Benders would still probably be cheaper and more effective, but gunpowder technology has more to it than only muskets.
>>
>>92123144
She was a hooker
>>
>>92121472
Alright /co/, big question... do you prefer her with this hairstyle or the single ponytail she wore on the date?
>>
>>92123162
That hairstyle is the best
>>
File: 1491457075071.jpg (396KB, 1500x1683px) Image search: [Google]
1491457075071.jpg
396KB, 1500x1683px
>>92123162
That hairstyle was her best.
>>
>>92123014
>they can bend fucking mercury
That pissed me off too since it was obvious they were making it up as they went along. Metalbending was clearly defined when it was first introduced and to see them go back and say that mercury is somehow in the category of bendable metal while platinum isn't is baffling. The only way I give them the benefit of the doubt is that they never say it's actually mercury, but then they never give another fantasy option either so it's the conclusion people end up drawing anyway.
>>
>>92123153

Canons were important because canons were hands down the best artillery, and lightweight ones could be moved quickly as the lines advanced.

The benders decided to just tell Steve to stay and the back and keep hurling fuckoff huge boulders.
>>
>>92123246

I hate this picture so much.
>>
>>92123326
Firenation had tanks that shot stuff other than fireballs
>>
>>92123153
The thing about technology is that is has to be proven to be effective in order for people to develop it further. If early gunpowder weapons turn out to be useless what makes you think cannons will be next?
>>
File: 1493940484334.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
1493940484334.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
Any word on the dude writing that President Bolin stuff?
>>
>>92123287
>>92123014
The other thing that upset me is that platinum is so heavy. Why not say that bronze is unbendable? Copper is smaller and lighter, so it doesn't form alloys with carbon. Anything made out of bronze would be pure metal, and people actually make things with bronze.

It's simple and low tech, yet we got this expensive, heavy, implausible building material hashed into everything.
>>
>>92123373

When did they shoot anything other than fireballs?
>>
>>92123402
Not to mention you should have been able to bend the normal metal inside the machine.

Platinum doesnt block bending it just can't be bent by earth benders

And yeah they could have used any pure form of metal but went with platinum because... reasons
>>
>>92123424
Yeah. From a metallurgy standpoint, saying there are "earth" impurities in iron makes sense. Coal counts as "earth" and that's carbon there. Toph is bending the carbon that naturally alloys with virtually any sample of iron.

And by that same logic, there are "earth" impurities in platinum. In fact there are more of them. Bulky atoms have larger interstitial spaces, which are the spaces between the atoms. Alloys can be formed when other atoms get into the interstitial spaces, and carbon easily gets into platinum.

Bronze is actually pure. Bronze doesn't have "earth" impurities. It doesn't alloy with carbon. Same goes for other light metal alloys based on small atoms.

Platinum can be and usually is impure, just like iron and for the same reasons as iron.
>>
>>92123424
It's still a waste to use to create the robots. You've got a heavy ass machine there in the thousands of pounds. Just bend out the earth from underneath it and they are fucked
>>
>>92123498
Yep not only is platinum one of the more impure metals on average which wouldn't have made it bendable, there are much cheaper metals like bronze which would have served the purpose

At his point though it's all comparable to that giant Aang statue in the intro of every episode that just shits on everything Aang stood for. It doesn't have to be logical or designed well, it just has to look cool.
>>
>>92123443
When Zuko shot his load all over Jin's big earth titties
>>
>>92123498
You're aware that we are actually just playing around withe the concept of "earth" bending, you say that carbon is "earth" yet we don¿t have any confirmation on this. even if less likely to be found pure platinum is still much denser than iron and many silicates, so it also makes sense that it would be harder to push platinum bodies using the impurities inside them, and we don't know how much they have been purified either, I'm not a metallurgy expert, even if it's prone to absorb impurities more than iron, it's not going to happen overnight.
But I get your point, is a very stupid "rule of cool" piece of shit lore like many, many other things in Korra.
>>
>>92123091
Some equivalent of pike and shot? Line infantry protected by elite melee fighters and artillery support?
>>
>>92123742
Earthbenders could wreck any sort of infantry formation so that's out
>>
>>92121472
He was still new to the idea of starting a life in hiding in the Earth Empire, and he didn't want to make any connections knowing that his insane sister and her crazy bitch troupe could show up at any moment. Or that someone would recognize him as the Firelords son and they'd get kicked out of the country. Or, since he actually knew about the Sozin's Comet and his megalomaniac dad, that Ba Sing Se would get burned down if he sat back and started enjoying himself.

And he was too smooth of a dude to do a one night stand and split.

If he knew that they'd stay there till they get old, he would've went for it. But he didn't, cause he'd then have to lie to her, or leave her and break her heart. And he was right.
>>
>ATLA thread
>turns into Korra hate thread in 10 posts
/co/ never changes
>>
>>92123091
>They throw massive stone disks at each other at high speed
What speed, exactly?
> Massive fire balls
How massive?
>water whips they Aang and Katara used to cut throw metal
Pretty sure that takes more time than pulling a trigger.
The first handguns weren't actually very effective either, in fact, small projectile arms in general have never been, every modern war wastes billions of dollars in bullets that land on the sand or a wall. But big armor plates are too expensive to serve as standard military equipment and is so much more training the knight that could use them effectively in combat.
>>92123835
The same could be said about every piece of fire nation technology in ATLA and any superweapon in Korra, though.
>>
>>92123120
Benders are still human with human reaction times. A bullet is basically invisible once it leaves the chamber, the only bender I see being capable of defeating bullets are earth benders. In a large scale conflict though benders would probably still have the edge, but then again who knows what kind of tactics would arise in a world with bullets and bending.
>>
>>92122490
>>92122689
if they do that the robot could still use the spirit powered death star laser on its arm. Unless they open up a fucking grand canyon right beneath him.
>>
>>92123740
>I'm not a metallurgy expert, even if it's prone to absorb impurities more than iron, it's not going to happen overnight.
Fortunately, most metals are found in the ground where they have thousands of years to absorb all the carbon they need. It's a fair point to suggest platinum is too heavy to bend by manipulating carbon within, but probably not correct. The modulus of elasticity for platinum is up there, but it doesn't wildly exceed high grade cast iron. You also have to remember there's different ways of applying stress, and because platinum is so heavy, it's already applying a lot of stress to itself. Destroying a platinum robot with earth bending would be as simple as pressing down on its joints.

There's kind of no real advantage to using platinum for the robots at all. At least nothing that makes sense if you know about metals. The only reasoning we get is that "it's pure", but I guess LoK means "pure" as in "spiritually pure" or something because it sure as heck can't mean platinum is free from carbon imperfections.

Even as a rule of cool, it's still poorly advised. Everybody knows how expensive platinum is, and most people know how heavy it is. I'm hard pressed to think of a dumber metal to use that more people would think was a dumb metal.
>>
>>92121472
>>92121662
Why isn't "she is a dirty prostitute" the first post?
>>
File: 1489978240958.png (1MB, 1588x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1489978240958.png
1MB, 1588x1188px
>>92123911
thats why i dont go into avatar threads anymore the retards cant help themselves they bitch in every thread its fucking stupid
>>
File: UHo2c.jpg (288KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
UHo2c.jpg
288KB, 1024x768px
>>92123742
I was thinking the water Nation could have a Russian/Finnish aesthetic. See pic related.
>>92123835
They have their own Benders as well, they just have more cultural restictions.
>>
>>92123957
I think a platinum robot falling over hits the ground with the force of a platinum robot, and the earth pushes back with the force of a platinum robot. The fall would produce a ton of heat energy and I have no idea what it would look like or what the wreckage would be, but it would be quite a sight.
>>
File: wa.gif (553KB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
wa.gif
553KB, 268x300px
holy shit will you korra hating retards fuck off
>>
>>92124018
Look man. There is no Darth Vader anymore because Anakin exists.
>>
>>92122068
I crave this, fuck Mai, Suki a best.
>>
>>92123966
>Fortunately, most metals are found in the ground where they have thousands of years to absorb all the carbon they need.
Oh sure, I forgot about all those giant assembly-ready plates of platinum lying around everywhere around the world, my bad.
>>
>>92123955
>benders can dodge lightning
>human reaction time

>A bullet is basically invisible
>so is air
Airbenders would be best gunslingers.

Air guns>fire/water/earth guns
>>
File: 1478575837720.jpg (76KB, 291x379px) Image search: [Google]
1478575837720.jpg
76KB, 291x379px
>>92124033
fuck off
>>
>>92122711
>A single generation makes the progress of millenniums

They went from early 19th century Asia to early 20th century Asia as far as tech goes. Japan went from full blown feudalism to a world war 2 superpower in the same amount of time.

>But they don't invent something as simple as guns

Half the populace are expert karatekas who can either throw boulders at you, impale you on icebergs, can generate combustion and lightning from their fingers, and even the non-benders are Xena level fighters with chi-blocking where they hit you once in the back and you will suffocate in a minute.

Guns wouldn't really make a difference in the large scale.
>>
>>92123882
>his insane sister and her crazy bitch

Azula isn't crazy.
>>
>>92123120
>WW2 era and later weapons would be the only remotely useful thing in their world,

They had Gattling guns almost a century before WW2, which could be pretty useful, especially since they already have electromotors to drive them automatically.
>>
>>92124156
>Air pressure guns existed 100 years before the Gatling gun
>>
>>92122711
they had tanks and factories and i giant drill in the original you fucking fool
>>
>>92124066
If you want to get cheeky and assume they have some sort of purifying metallurgy process instead of using the metals as they find them, then I'll point out that platinum is usually found in copper and nickel ores, which means for every bit of platinum you find, you'll have infinitely more nickel and copper.

And nickel and copper, along with tin, combine to form...

Drumroll please...!

Bronze. An actually pure metal that doesn't weigh a billion tons.
>>
>>92121662
Shit you're right. Even the small crush Toph had on him for 5 seconds was more than we got with his ship was Mai.

Was Mai shipped with him just to give an out for Katara to get with Aang?
>>
>>92124222
Is platinum really that heavy?
>>
>>92124010
Well if the gun had the power to cut through a city, it might not be very pretty if it blew up like that. But I don't remember they actually stopped it, so....

also, keep in mind that they might not have been able to excavate a giant hole under the robot because it was next what is basically Hong Kong. They might've fucked up any underground stuff the city has, from simple cellars to water lines, or worst case scenario turn the city into an island if they open up a rift too big.
>>
>>92122689
didn't Bolin try it with lava and it only slowed it down?
>>
>>92124249
Yes, heavier than gold.
>>
>>92123393
>creating fucking lava
why didn't the earthbenders just destroy the firebenders during the war?
>>
>>92124249
It weighs 21450 kg/m^3

Yes it's fucking heavy.
>>
>>92124273
They seem to be extremely rare and I'm not sure they even existed during the war.
>>
>>92124296
Holy cow!
>>
>>92124175
Yeah, but I was assuming that by WW2 guns you mean automatic, magazine or belt fed guns, with a high firing rate, that would be more useful against anime karate masters who can move faster than a single bullet (they can dodge a bullet but might not be able to dodge 3000 bullets per minute).
>>
>>92124222
>get cheeky
Eh, no, they builds big machines out of platinum, they need to have some basic knowledge on smelting.
>the bronze argument
We are talking about the viability of platinum as an anti-earth bender material, not about how easier it would've been to find another metal to use, we already established that they were too stupid to use literally anything else. You're going completely on a tangent.
>>
>>92124344
Just get 300 guns and fire in volleys.
>>
>>92124228
Most likely. I thought they were over after the Boiling Rock but then she shows up to get together with him so she can appear at the tea shop but fuck Ty Lee, I guess. And Katara never interacts in the comics with Zuko unless it's negatively since they don't want anyone to doubt she's meant for Aang, yet they're okay with cuckteasing Sokka because he's on the low end of characters they care about.
>>
>>92124273
Extremely rare bending art that isn't widespread or known by a lot of people.

Lightning was literally circlejerked by the Imperial Family of the Fire Nation and its monks. Once knowledge of it became widespread most people could do it, like metalbending and sensing things through the ground (Though Toph kept that secret and taught it to her daughter.)
>>
>>92124358
Earthbenders could just create trenches and burrow towards firing lines
>>
>>92124358
That would imply getting a bunch of men to stand in one spot and aim in one direction

Any bender of any element could easily demolish a formation like that
>>
>>92124365
>but fuck Ty Lee, I guess.

I wish.
>>
>>92124325
Yes, and they built that giant robot out of the stuff, so it's anybody's guess how that worked. Even the smaller robots looked at least a cubic meter in volume.

Right now platinum costs around $900 per ounce, so each useless robot weighed maybe 21 thousand kilograms and cost $667 million. Again, that's the SMALL robots. Now think about the big robot.

You see how stupid this is?
>>
>>92124387
Second time they try that they hit land mines.
>>
>>92124423
You can't really compare the prices to the real world, they live in an entirely different, fictional planet. What if platinum is simply naturally abundant there?
>>
>>92124447
If platinum is naturally abundant then the ores its usually found with are more abundant. The ATLA planet would be composed of mostly copper and zinc.
>>
>>92124496
it could be naturally abundant in its pure form or they simply moved in a different direction in their metallurgy (due to there being actual people who can move mountains).

And they also have giant sea turtles and badger moles and fucking dragons, so platinum being cheaper there isn't such an impossible idea.

On top of that the cunt building the robot was kind of ruling over 4/5th of the landmass of the entire damn planet, and ruling a country that is primarily built by natural born earth diggers.
>>
>>92124447
>>92124496
I mean I guess maybe a god came along and put a bunch of platinum somewhere. It's magic. It doesn't solve the weight problem but why not?

I personally enjoy letting it get to critical stupid and then passing on down the way to "so stupid I'm not sure you're trying anymore". I think it's funny to think a man amassed a trillion dollar fortune, then spent it all building platinum robots that proved utterly ineffectual. It's classic super villain idiocy that would make oldschool Superfriends blush.
>>
>>92123375
>cannons will be next
>next

cannons came before man-portable gunpowder weapons
>>
>>92124562
>it could be naturally abundant in its pure form
Anon, no. That's not how metal works. You have to know a bit of metallurgy and chemistry to purify a metal. You don't find bulky metals in their "pure" form anywhere. Purifying all that platinum would have been a process.
>>
>>92124496
why would you assume that it's found in the same ores as it is on Earth? We're talking about a completely fictional world here.
>>
>>92124667
Those are all Earth rules.
>>
This is what i thought Season 1of LoK was setting up to as i watched it
>Only Aang can energybend
>Most of the flashback scene happens as shown
>Yakone used his bloodbending to fuck up the nullification of his powers
>Through some spiritual mumbo jumbo, Yakone ended up in Aang's body, retained the energybending powers and Aang effectively died
>Because of the circumstances of Aang's death, Korra couldn't airbend on top of her behaviour while training
>That's also why Aang's statue had Amon's mask
>>
>>92124684
Because as soon as we start saying that ATLA water isn't water, there's no longer any grounding or points of reference. If it's not platinum, but actually a special magical ATLA platinum, then why did the writers call it platinum? They should have called it "pulledfrommyassinum".

You're crossing this dangerous threshold where I have to step back and remind you that if you suspend your disbelief any harder, you're going to have to acknowledge that ATLA is actually a series of moving images appearing on a screen at 24 FPS, and is not actually real. Ultimately, this is the logical stopping point you'll have to reach before the platinum thing works.
>>
>>92124776
It's actually protodermis
>>
>Actual discussion instead of postin Jin's funbags

I mean I guess I can't be upset but I wanted titties.
>>
File: 1489625969790.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489625969790.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
Who's idea was it to make Mai a love interest?
>>
File: zGX52Pd.jpg (231KB, 1153x1750px) Image search: [Google]
zGX52Pd.jpg
231KB, 1153x1750px
>>92125336
ATLA wasn't flawless.
>>
>>92125491
There are literally no negatives for Zuko doing this. Mai isn't even a bender she can't do shit to him, Jin is superior in every measurable way. PLUS you get the political bonus of the Fire nation and Earth kingdom united after the war with a marriage between a king and a commoner.
>>
>>92123144
"Zuko Alone" demonstrated how Earth Nation people feel about Fire Benders. Tack on that Jin was a refugee from the war and lived in poverty because of it and it would have gone over horribly.
>>
File: 1476748819465.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476748819465.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>92125547
Pretty sure it a marriage has to be between royalty in order to gain any political leverage from it.
>>
>>92125608
The upper-class of the Earth kingdom might balk at it but it's a strong message to the people.
>>
>>92124228
5 seconds is all some heroes need...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7204684/1/Whats_My_Name
>>
>>92124228
>Even the small crush Toph had on him for 5 seconds
Which chapter?
>>
>>92125570
I don't think it's so black and white everywhere in the Earth Kingdom. Unless Jin really couldn't put two and two together at the fountain, I doubt she cared that he was a Firebender; otherwise she would've blown the whistle on him with the Dai Li and minded less when he pulled away from her.
>>
>>92122653
It's the retarded writers' fault for putting themselves in that spot by trying to shove logic in a king fu magic show.

Korra apologists are the worst
>>
>>92123393
>punch ground
>lava comes out

Wat
>>
File: 1470198185199.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1470198185199.png
247KB, 500x411px
>>92124852
>ywn bury your face in those
>>
>>92125846
The closest explanation I have for you with Lava Bending is that: Bolin used the same force he uses to bend the Earth to accelerate it to the point it becomes lava and bends it. (Note: Lava is earth just in a heated state.)

This theory is also backed by the first example of Lava Bending as proven here with Ghazan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhEbrP2gw8

He rotated the earth fast enough for it become hot. Bolin however, mastered Lavabending to the point he's able to do it like Earthbending naturally (Accelerating the earth at contact or use of force) Without requiring prep time (As to bring down the wall of the upper city in Ba Sing Sai, Ghazan had to prep himself).
>>
>>92125709
Book 3 after Zuko joins the gaang. It was like the only time he and Toph were alone very near the final showdown.
>>
>>92124368
>daughter
Who did Toph end up smahing with

haha rock joke
>>
File: 1490518013687.png (217KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
1490518013687.png
217KB, 500x483px
>>92125979
Toph fucked some random who her eldest daughter's (Lin's) father, then fucked some no named second random who that became her youngest daughter child (Suyin).

Her granddaughter is an airbender who sucks Bolin cock and her grandson was (Kuvira's) Hitler's wife ("Husband").
>>
>>92122191
>>92122308
We already got giant drill in the middle of the dessert several decades ago.
How is robot any worse?
>>
>>92121472
>I legitimately ship rule 63 Zuko and Anng
I blame Tumblr
it's was them on this board
clearly...
>>
>>92125935
Also, he's half-Fire Nation, which might give him a bit of a natural affinity for the use of heat to more quickly liquefy the earth.
>>
File: ZukaangSpar.png (793KB, 2041x1679px) Image search: [Google]
ZukaangSpar.png
793KB, 2041x1679px
>>92126082
Expect more in the future.

With possible Azula cuckoldry.
>>
>>92126183
>With possible Azula cuckoldry.
I'm not a fan of that fetish or ntr or whatever
but I feel like Azula deserves it
>>
>>92121472
THIS
>>92121689
also, spbp
>>
>>92121472

she is a WHORE
>>
File: Poll-2.0.png (62KB, 1332x892px) Image search: [Google]
Poll-2.0.png
62KB, 1332x892px
>>92121472
How does it feel, Jinfags?
>>
>>92126038
Toph/Zuko would've been better than Zuko/Mai.

Toph would snap Zuko out of his emo tantrums and Zuko would help her calm down from her angry tantrums.

>>92126375
>Scrapper-run poll as proof
>legitimate
pick one
>>
>>92125979
Hard to tell. She went on a lot of blind dates.
>>
>>92126375
>no sign of Zhu Li
Shit poll
>>
>>92126395
If it was Scrapper, Jin wouldn't even be on top 5. Hell, I don't even know how she got to top 5, but we can always fix that: http://www.strawpoll.me/4200972/r
>>
>>92125491
"...you realize I charge by the hour, right?"
>>
>>92126375
I mean I'm not a Jinfag but the fact that a character who was only relevant for literally a single episode (and a sixth of an episode at that) is still so high says a lot.
>>
>>92123369
T. Mai
>>
>>92126403
Or shit waifu.
>>
>>92126289

No she doesn't.

>>92126395

I'm not Scrapper but eat shit Azula best girl.
>>
>>92126904
incorrect
>>
>>92126925

The votes have it.
>>
>>92126941
with an obsessive fan
I don't believe it for a second
>>
>>92126947

Scrapper would have to change ips in order to vote again.
>>
>>92126947

Also Scrapper is not obsessive.
>>
>>92126970
normally I wouldnt call rigging but in this case I honestly expect it
>>
>>92126981
if you have to defend a fictional character every waking moment
then yeah thats pretty obsessive
>>
>>92126990

No it just shows he cares.
>>
>>92127003
pretty sure a stalker "cares" to
>>
>>92127008

He just sees her as a daughter is all.
>>
>>92127047
doesnt make him not obssesive
especially when its not actually his daughter
in fact you are kind of making things sound worse
>>
>>92127055
Maybe like an overprotective parent?
>>
>>92127098
closer to a man who obsesses about someone who isnt his daughter
>>
>>92126358

If associating with whores is a problem for Zuko, why was he willing to work with his sister in the comics?
>>
>>92127104

Well that's typical for 4chan, right?
>>
>>92126077
Fire Nation's penis extender wasn't built out of pure gold though, but given that they were able to go from a single glorified hot air balloon to a fleet of giant armored zeppelins in 6 months or so an army of platinum mechs isn't really that far fetched.
>>
File: that's obvious!.png (157KB, 1001x366px) Image search: [Google]
that's obvious!.png
157KB, 1001x366px
>>92127110
Azula is a relatively high class whore while Jin is just a peon whore.
>>
>>92127110
>>92127173

Kill yourselves, please.
>>
>>92127143
not really
its to the point where no one is allowed to talk about avatar threads anymore without you spouting about how great azula is
you take over the threads entirely you faggot
>>
>>92127188

Whoa there man, I'm not Scrapper I just see his devotion as admirable.
>>
>>92127208
i didnt really say you were scrapper so that only makes me more suspicious
either way you are just as bad as that psychopath
he admitted to it you know
>>
File: this is getting boring.jpg (40KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
this is getting boring.jpg
40KB, 550x366px
>>92127188
Stuff like this is pretty normal when it comes to more obsessed than average waifufags.
>>
>>92127227
that scrapper is a stalker?
>>
>>92127219

Admitted to what?
>>
>>92126582
It's because of the quality of the porn.
>>
>>92126375

>Azula and Korra leading the poll
how can people have such shit taste I'll never know
>>
>>92127283
>expecting anything better from /co/
>>
>>92127283

Azula is broken goods and korra has a hot body with a shit personality
>>
>>92127320
>Azula is broken goods

Wrong, she is perfect.
>>
>>92127320
Both are pretty good examples of pump and dump type grills.
>>
>>92124852
Better than another argument on whether Jins a whore or not.

I admit I'd love a fanfic where she was Dai Li.

Anyway, Jin as a tolerable Mai
>>
File: IMG_5994.jpg (728KB, 786x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5994.jpg
728KB, 786x1100px
>>92127404
Oops
>>
>>92127332

>perfect

If your idea of perfect is coming home to a burnt out house because you were a minute late and then waking up to her holding a knife to your throat because you watched a TV show with another woman in then yeah she seems like a total catch.

Azula isn't just broken goods. Azula is the flag holder for crazy in that show. Putting dick anywhere near her is a sign of a greatly underdeveloped mind. Seek help.
>>
>>92125547
>>92125608
>>92125647
>The upper-class of the Earth kingdom might balk at it but it's a strong message to the people.
in all the actuality the lower classes of earth kingdom might have more loyalty for Zuko than earth kingdom's gentry after that
>>
>>92125846
It's like how waterbenders can turn ice to water and water to ice. Just liquid/solid form of the same thing they're bending already.

It's just harder/rarer for earthbenders.
>>
>>92128032
>If your idea of perfect is coming home to a burnt out house because you were a minute late and then waking up to her holding a knife to your throat because you watched a TV show with another woman in then yeah she seems like a total catch.
>Azula isn't just broken goods. Azula is the flag holder for crazy in that show. Putting dick anywhere near her is a sign of a greatly underdeveloped mind. Seek help.
Azula can't bend if you amputee her limbs anon
>>
File: BLOWITALL UP.gif (2MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
BLOWITALL UP.gif
2MB, 500x364px
because he knew he had to BLOW IT ALL UP.
>>
>>92121472

The heart wants what the heart wants, anon.
>>
Didn't Mai break up with Zuko in the comics anyway, thus making their chemistry-deficient relationship in the show pointless?
>>
>>92128266
Well now is the perfect time to "accidentally" run into Jin again.
>>
File: 11263676848749893.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
11263676848749893.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>92128213
>needing limbs to bend
>implying Azula wouldnt be shooting blue fire out of all her limb stumps and powering along like a hover buggy
>>
File: 1493593140510.png (7KB, 227x191px) Image search: [Google]
1493593140510.png
7KB, 227x191px
Thank you /co/. At first I didn't really care who Zuko was with as long as it wasn't that shit head Katara, but now I ship him and Jin.
>>
File: 352652638930933.jpg (16KB, 223x386px) Image search: [Google]
352652638930933.jpg
16KB, 223x386px
>>92128280
What makes you think he didn't? There's never been mention of his kid Izumi's mother, after all.
>>
File: 111920893847848.png (107KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
111920893847848.png
107KB, 333x250px
>>92128301
I never minded the idea of zutara because I love disasters, but the fandom made me despise it. Zuko/Jin is the superior ship, anyhow.

>jin never even cared about his grotesque scar
>wasn't even worried about his firebending
>brought out a playful romantic side of zuko
Cute as fuck.
>>
>>92128330
I mean she obviously knew he was a fire bender, probably even before the fountain thing. As far as I know only fire nation people have golden eyes.
>>
>>92128330
Yes, but let me make the counterpoint that she does this fucking face :3
>>
>>92121472
he fell for the goth meme
>>
File: Mai02.jpg (189KB, 738x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mai02.jpg
189KB, 738x1000px
>>92121472
Peasants are for renting, not buying.
>>
File: 1488363167143.jpg (108KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1488363167143.jpg
108KB, 1280x738px
>>92128441

Daaaw, is Anon-kun jealous?
>>
>>92125709
3 when they were all going on a series of individual adventures with zuko
>>
>>92126375
>no Zhu Li
Get outta town
>>
>>92126842
nah, shit poll
>>
>>92122068

>pic

Dammit, why did this comic have to make me want something that's never going to happen?
>>
>>92128287
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what the fuck is going on in that gif?
>>
File: minghua.png (704KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
minghua.png
704KB, 1280x720px
>>92129840
Ming-Hua on a pleasant afternoon drive.
>>
>>92122854
The fact that they used amnesia to restart the love triangle in season 2 proves Bryke is a fucking idiot who went full George Lucus
>>
>>92128330
It's kind of easy when you've getting payed
>>
File: zutoph.png (148KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
zutoph.png
148KB, 333x250px
>>92125709
Sozin's Comet
>>
File: 1444082181328.png (301KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1444082181328.png
301KB, 500x667px
>>92121662
It applies to guys too
>>
>>92126038
The second avatar show was trash. This just proves it. They went out of their way to shit on the old characters.
>>
File: IMG_5925.jpg (323KB, 679x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5925.jpg
323KB, 679x750px
Would Jin have been a good employee for the Jasmine Dragon?
>>
>>92130216
The duck is wrong with Sokka's face?

Why did they change the design of humans in korra?
>>
>>92130305

because you post from your phone like a faggot
>>
>>92121472
He's a moron is why.
>>
>>92122653

THEY BUILT A MECH OUT OF METAL LITERALLY CALLED 'WHITE GOLD' BECAUSE OF HOW STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE IT IS.

There wasn't even foreshadowing to it, which would have fixed everything if they just went full cheese. The original plan was to transport the cannon via train. There was no 'secret project' clips, or Kuvira looking sinisterly at a large shadow (similar to the fire nation blimp foreshadowing), it was literally 'we can't use the trains, fuck it, let's use that giant mech we have in the back room'.
>>
>>92129911
How the fuck does that even work?
>>
>>92122653
Let me guess, you thought the Force Awakens was on the same level of storytelling as the OT?
>>
>>92130388
>LOK
>making sense
>>
>>92130388
Korra is all about taking the pre existing world that was established with clear rules and themes, and taking a massive dump on it because the shit looks "cool"
>>
>>92128266
Yeah, but then later they spend another comic trilogy working together (even though Mai spends most of the time giving Zuko passive aggressive insults and she gets a new bf) but she ends up dumping the guy in the end and all signs point towards an inevitable Maiko reunion.
>>
>>92130574
Aren't the comics genuinely considered to be complete trash?
>>
File: 662.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
>>92130388
Same way it has always worked
>>
>>92130593
To the extent that most people don't consider them canon, yes
>>
>>92130337
I would've been okay with the mech had it looked cool. But nope. it's the most generic poorly made CGI. Like seriously dude, one job! Speaking of jobbing, why was the spirit laser so shit? Tenzin took a hit and wasn't melted by something that cleaves clean through mountains. I know "plot" but the laser was never as menacing and efficient as it should be. The only character it killed was a character who was brought back to die. and it did so by squashing him. Also why didn't they just use all the spirit root that they used for multiple laser shots to just make one big spirit nuke? It would've been a whole lot tenser if that what they were up against and then korra techs the explosion.
>>
>>92130629
Butthurt Azulafags aren't people, anon
>>
>>92130505
>implying I have a high opinion of the OT to begin with
>>
>>92130216
is that the space sword?
>>
>>92130574

>Mai breaks up with Zuko and gets ito another relatioship ship that actually looks healthy and happy
>[Zuki delusions intensify]
>They just break break it up so Maiko can return

Welp.
>>
I swear to God, it's the same thread with the same posts every couple of weeks.
How boring are your lives that repeating your own conversations on 4chan are part of your routine?
>>
>>92121472
Mai is cute af you tasteless shit.
>>
>>92126103
So combining benders and making them breed might create new benders more capable of mixing up elements a bit? Why wouldn't they explore this idea?
>>
>>92131203
Because it's non-canon.
Bolin bending lava because he's part Fire Nation is completely fan speculation.
>>
>>92130574
He's the one who breaks up with her. She was perfectly content with leaving Zuko. Zuko being the cuck he is will probably take her back when she comes crawling back to him after getting dumped.

>>92130593
Yes, they should just be disregarded. It's nothing but retarded drama for the sake of drama.
>>
>>92130593
They're not that bad.
>>
>>92121472
Mai puts out though.
>>
>>92122653
Not nearly as bad as shipfags
>>
File: part1-page33.png (749KB, 542x812px) Image search: [Google]
part1-page33.png
749KB, 542x812px
>>92122068
Kiyi's OTP
>>
>>92131236
Bolin bending lava is fine

Bolin creating lava is fucking retarded. The amount of energy required to melt rock is insanely high. Water benders freezing shit takes a temperature difference of 0-50 Celsius max.

Creating lava from rock takes thousands upon thousands of degrees of Celsius. To just convert that means Bolin has the energy output of thousands of people. It's avatar level power.
>>
>>92125491
Wouldn't it be "hot-lass?"
>>
>>92131342
>Implying a prostitute wouldn't put out
>>
>>92131435
Not to mention him bending rock doesn't make him a lava bender. Bending molten rock is like bending mud, there's still in earth in there you don't need to be a special type of earth bender to pull it off
>>
>>92131485
>Bolin, you're a lava bender!
>I know, I just found out.

I remember cursing at the screen when this happened. So fucking stupid.
>>
>>92131585
LoK must have been very difficult for you.
>>
>>92131624
I physically hurt

>Asami, you were the only one there for me. The only one listening to me and caring for me.

Meanwhile Tenzin is about to kill himself
>>
>>92131663
To this day I wonder if they were purposely trying to make her stupid or if the writing was just that bad
>>
>>92131696
>writing was just that bad

There's your answer. Korra should have stayed a one season miniseries like it was originally intended to.
>>
>>92131663
korra was such a piece of shit to tenzin

and then they made him apologize to her

the fuck bryke
>>
I love those relationships where two quiet shut ins find how perfect they are for each other.

It upsets me that the ball was dropped so hard when it came to MaiKo. I want it to be a good relationship so fucking bad.
>>
>>92131734
So many things are stupid in the show. Like why the fuck did they have the next avatar be the focus? I mean she uses fire more than anyone else, why not have Korra take place multiple avatar iterations from Aang? It would fix the gaping plot whole of making thousands of years of progress in the span of fifty years.

And it's not like she spends her time communicating with Aang. Literally nothing would be lost if they hadn't had the connections to the show and Aang and team avatar because here's nothing there to begin with.
>>
>>92131435
>Avatar Kyoshi used lavabending
>years later
>total randoms are lavabending
???
>>
>>92131734
Korra might have been good if:
>they stopped trying to force a shitty romance
>had a threat that overarched the whole series instead of a bunch of different antagonists
>have korra's bending removal last a lot longer rather than her just getting better right at the end of season 1
>more gang adventures and worldbuilding/discoveries in general

As it stands, it just wasn't very good. I think I enjoyed Season 3 the most though, I remember genuinely enjoying alot of it.
>>
>>92131785
Zuko isn't really quiet, he is probably the most expressive and emotional character of the series.
>>
File: mai and kei lo.jpg (40KB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
mai and kei lo.jpg
40KB, 480x252px
>>92131785
This series in general never had good romance. The comics take it to the next level though. The only relationship they haven't fucked with yet is Aang and Katara's. Mai comes off as such a passive aggressive cunt in the comic who belittles Zuko yet worships her new boyfriend's cock so badly it's ridiculous.
>>
>>92131867
>had a threat that overarched the whole series instead of a bunch of different antagonists

There's nothing wrong with that decision per say. They just did it terribly.
>>
>>92122483
Apart from the pure sci-fi stuff, the technological progression in the 70 years between ATLA and LOK was the same one our world went under from the 1850s to the 1920s.
>>
File: jin.jpg (121KB, 690x991px) Image search: [Google]
jin.jpg
121KB, 690x991px
best pleasure slave
>>
>>92131909
It's also Zuko's fault for not moving on.

He didn't seem that into Mai when he was dating her, for all he knew she could have died after Boiling Rock and he also didn't give a shit about her dumping him until he saw her with new guy.

But I agree that despite Zuko being a terrible boyfriend, Mai comes off as the worse of the two for dumping him when he was going through a fucking mental turmoil and multiple assassination attempts.
>>
>>92130305
Sokka is hot af in that picture. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>92122706
I will never get over how much of /co/'s hatred for Korra stems from their collective boner over Amon and their unending rage over him turning out to not be hot shit and the real hero.
>>
>>92132053
I love how popular this slave outfit got for art.
>>
>>92132023
I too remember the 1850s being in ancient China with the only technology being steam power d iron clads and steam powered tanks
>>
>>92132146
Minus those two technologies the avatar world was in par with the roman and Greeks and pre Edo Japan
>>
>>92131867

>force a shitty romance

They didn't really force it though; they just didn't have any foreshadowing to it, other than a single letter. As the show stands, KorraXAsami has less of a chemical reaction than a noble gas at -273 degrees C.

>inb4 Nick would've flipped

They were getting canned anyway, and forced online. It's not as if they couldn't make it mildly subtle yet evident; Japan, a country whose take on romance can be most kindly classified as 'unique', did this ages ago.

>have korra's bending removal last a lot longer rather than her just getting better right at the end of season 1

Bear in mind now that korra's bending removal lasted 5 minutes, while Korra's spiritual link removal is for all we know completely permanent. They literally trashed half of what made the avatar interesting in favour of 'my indepent power'.
>>
>>92125547
There'd be a lot of difficulties, FN nobility probably won't be too keen about an EK commoner being able to bend the ear of their king; the EK trying to exploit that link between her and Zuko. But I think it'd probably be a more loving and healthy marriage overall.
>>
File: legend-of-korra-mako.jpg (94KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
legend-of-korra-mako.jpg
94KB, 1366x768px
>lets name a new character in memory of Mako
>then lets shit on him for most of the series so he ends up alone while everyone else has paired up
Mako didn't deserve this.
>>
>>92132146
>>92132182
That was the technology level of the 1850s, steam powered tech only has a couple of economic applications; powering factories, trains, and ships, everything else was basically the same as it had been before the industrial revolution. The harnessing of electricity is what made it possible for mechanical devices to become much more widespread, and the development of the internal combustion engine led to the invention of the automobile, of course. That all happened in the span of about 70 years all told, this notion that the progress between ATLA and LOK is "thousands of years" worth just betrays your ignorance of economic history and just how quick the pace of change in the late 19th/early 20th centuries was.
>>
>>92132431
Blame the "romance". The writers are so shit at it, that people came to absolutely hate Mako due to the whole love triangle bullshit. Then they make Korra a raging cunt in S2. I don't hate Korra as much as most of /co/ does, but I genuinely think it has some of the worst romance I've every scene on western animation from beginning to end. Maybe even eastern too.
>>
>>92132254
Actually, I was talking about the Mako romances. The whole Korra/Maki/Asami/Bolin love square garbage in S1-2 really brought the show down for me. Korrasami wasn't really offensive in comparison at all, and since they can't write romance i'm fine with it being more offscreen.

Korra's bending removal ould have lasted longer and lead her on a journey to connect spiritually with the avatars past etc, learn not to rely on her bending and learning from non benders, learning more humility/empathy/what it means to be powerless before other benders etc.
>>
>>92132431
>Mako
>alone
>not burying his dick in Prince Wu every night
>>
>>92132431
Bryke couldn't foresee that tumblr fangirls would shift from loving generic heroine/handsome brooding guy pairings to demanding gay representation in everything.
>>
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND
I, MAKO, THE FIREBENDING MASTER OF KEKNESS
UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE SUBPLOT
>>
>>92132632
You know, if Korra hadn't gotten together with Mako, Makorra would have been so much more popular. Shippers love the "potential" in things, especially "rival" ships where the characters argue.
Seeing how Mako and Korra were written together really shattered the illusion that two people who don't have much in common with, really agree with or constantly antagonise eachother can have a healthy relationship, though.
>>
>>92131387
Iroh being based as always. Forever my favorite Avatar character.

>Whatever you do to that spirit, I will unleash on you tenfold! LET IT GO NOW!
>>
>>92132431
It's because of the stupid relationship bullshit

They started it way too fucking early and too fast so it was obvious it was going to end. And they couldn't blame Korra so they took a shit on him
>>
>>92132747
Except it was Korra forcing herself on Mako. It's literally 100% Korra's fault that any of the relationships are fucking thing in the show.
>>
File: 1476137212117.jpg (272KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
1476137212117.jpg
272KB, 500x735px
>>92130388
>>92130554
are you fucking retarded
>>
man im starting to think most of the idiots didn't pay attention to almost anything in avatar and only going on there head canon
>>
>>92122706
Yeah, I had honestly expected him to be an energybender who had learned it from the turtles or spirits to stop the abuse of bending. The explanation they went with felt like such a fucking copout.
>>
>>92132925
They both acted like assholes all the way through their relationship. Mako comes across as an indecisive and opportunistic fuck, flip flopping between the Rich Beauty and the Avatar depending on what they offer him and hurting both of their feelings because he never says no to anything.
Korra is so socially inept she throws herself on him till it works then loses her temper and wrecks his office when she can't get what she wants out of him.

I guess it's realistic, because they're stupid teenagers.
>>
>>92133196
And instead of fixing it when they grow as people Korra decides that Asami is the only person that has ever understood her in her entire life.
>>
>>92133083
The biggest problem is that they 1) broke the rules of blood bending (requiring the full moon) 2) made his motivation as a villain completely illogical

His reasons for his actions don't make any sense, especially considering his backstory. Having him be a nameless villain would have been better than the shitty reasons they gave
>>
>>92132124
All three of the slave outfits for Korra, Ty-Lee, and Jin are great.
>>
>>92133220
She's so stupid. I don't even feel like going into the mess which is the "only Asami responded to my letters" bullshit
>>
>>92133247
They wrote to her but Korra only wrote back to Asami.

I felt at first that it was because Bolin wasn't mature enough to talk about such sad issues to him and because Mako would have felt obligated to go to the South Pole if he heard that his ex was feeling so miserable but apparently it was because Asami is Korra's true love
>>
If they felt so inclined to make a gay ship, why didn't they go with this? >>92132591 It makes million times more sense.
>>
>>92133279
I mean Korra only feeling comfortable talking to Asami of the three for that reason was a decent start, but the rest of the progression from friendship to romance just wasn't there. But since romance in Avatar always skips a few steps I suppose it could have been worse than it was. The only thing that's annoying is the retcons that try to insist anything was going on between them before then.
>>
>>92133372
Lesbian are more harmless because it appeals to boys' penises and to tumblr girls desperate for representation
>>
>>92133220
>>92133279
I'd say that S3 had a lot of good grounds for Korra/Asami, but then they only interacted a couple times onscreen in Season 4, which made them eloping very sudden. They could have thrown in a lot more little moments than Korra blushing at Asami and some letters being exchanged to bolster the ship up. Maybe cut some of the other shit happening to dedicate to ks so the ship felt more natural.

>>92133220
Makorra was forever BTFO by the end of S2. They did make friends again though when they grew up some more, which was nice to see.
>>
File: 128288641887.png (763KB, 910x554px) Image search: [Google]
128288641887.png
763KB, 910x554px
>>92133463
They should have gone with the best girls though
>>
>>92133490

It's like they should have made Asami a character, rather than practically nonexistent.
>>
File: 111245356782.jpg (27KB, 236x390px) Image search: [Google]
111245356782.jpg
27KB, 236x390px
>korrasami
It was pretty cute, but needed more screentime to make it feel solid. I mean, I met my girlfriend of 3 years online through exchanging messages, writing is an easy way to get close to somebody and believable, if not underrepresented in the show.
>idiots/writers etc insisting their evolving friendship in the show was TWU WUV and ALL romantic rather than a very slow burn at best
mfw
>>
>tfw you're the only person on /co/ that kind of likes Korra

I associate it when digimon s2, it wasn't as good as the first, and it had some really sour elements to it, which COMPLETELY ruin the show for some people, but not for me.

That being said, Mako was such a shit fucking character god damn.
>>
File: SmoothSokka.gif (490KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
SmoothSokka.gif
490KB, 500x376px
>>92122068
>>92130216

>TFW Team Boiling Rock is your OT3

Suki and Sokka should've just offered to let Zuko stay in the tent after pic related scene happened. They could've all made lei's together all night, and Zuko could've still gone on his friendship building road trip with Katara in the morning.
>>
File: 13742198501.png (105KB, 251x432px) Image search: [Google]
13742198501.png
105KB, 251x432px
>>92133688
That would've been perfectly fine. Considering how everything plays out in the comics the three of them together is probably the best outcome for the relationship nonsense.
>>
>>92121773
>It wouldn't have worked out anyway. It would have been built on a lie.
Nah. Post series she would've fallen even harder for Zuko knowing he choose the good path over what his father wanted.
>>
>>92133279
I don't mind her reason for only responding to Asami

I hate how Korra is an idiot and says to Asami that she was the o oh person who would listen to her and write to her

Like no fucking shit she was the only one you fucking mongoloid, she's the ont person you let do that!
>>
>>92124273
>>92125846
Rule of cool, anons.
>>
>>92134140
The biggest question I have is why they showed the power plants fueled by lightning benders instead of people bending rocks into lava and creating shitloads of steam
>>
>>92127332
>perfect
>literally kiss some random Chad during the beach episode
>went as far to pretend to be a male as she taught Ty Lee about getting men
Harlots aren't perfect.
>>
>>92130195
>blushing from Zuko
He should've ignite a flame in Toph's heart and rock her world.
>>
>>92134264

Because lightning bending is much more common? Pretty much everybody seems to freak out when they see lavabending.
>>
>>92131102
Your life must be filled with thrills and frills if you came here to only post that.
>>
File: IMG_5983.png (424KB, 1529x1665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5983.png
424KB, 1529x1665px
This Jin thread went off the rails.

Here's a fusion of her and best Princess.
>>
>>92134425
That's a plot hole since all earthbenders should be able to bend lava since it's just molten earth

And no one would be able to create it as explained here >>92131435
>>
>>92133806
>That pic

Kek. I like that one, appropriate and oodly specific.

And yeah, I don't always go for the 'just be a threesome' crap, but the ATLA comics could sure improve with it. Sokka/Suki/Zuko would have worked for some of the typical 'mending political bonds' tropes, too:

>Sokka is the son of a Water Tribe Chief, and noted strategist/future politician that thinks out of the box.

>Suki commands one of the strongest special forces units in the Earth kingdom, respected and trusted by the Earth King himself. Calm and level headed.

Their three personalities and ways of thinking working as one could have made post-war bullshit a lot smoother.
>>
>>92125979
Sokka
>>
>>92134608

Just like they should all be able to metalbend, but it took Toph learning it for it to be widespread. Advanced bending techniques need to be taught before they can become widespread, and the only lavabenders we know of are Kiyoshi, a criminal, and an idiot. And Kyoshi chose to create a school of non-benders instead.

As for your second point, stop trying to think scientifically in a show about mysticism.
>>
>>92121472
>Teenage boy
>Probably has had little to no interaction with women apart from his mom, Mai, and his batshit insane sister
>Is dealing with a physically and and psychologically scarring experience from his father
>Is in exile and hellbent on trying to get home after said physiologically and physically scarring experience
Geez, couldn't say, OP...
>>
File: 1489967243802.png (29KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489967243802.png
29KB, 657x527px
>>92122381
>no big tittied qt to ask me on a date
>>
>>92121472
He likes to be abused
>>
File: AAAAAAAAHHHHHH.jpg (183KB, 470x483px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH.jpg
183KB, 470x483px
ATLA:

>Earth benders
>Fire benders
>Air benders
>Water benders
>Azula and Iroh can lightning bend since they are exceptional fire benders
>Toph discovers metal but only she can do it since she's an exceptional earth bender
>Aang discovers energy bending because he's the avatar

LoK:
>Element bending is soo last year
>Any Tom, Dick and Harry can metal bend and lightning bend
>Invent blood bending
>Invent lava ending
>A non-avatar can now energy bend

I watched 5 episodes of Korra before I quit for good. Forget about shitting on ATLA, it completely disregards it. Not to mention that Korra infuriated me with her 'LOL I'M THE AVATAR I CAN DO ANYTHING GUISE' attitude. Bolin's name pissed me off, and then the stereotypical I've fallen for her subplot started to kill me.

All in all, death is preferable to LoK. And yes, I gathered this much from 5 episodes.
>>
>>92135101
>Everyone is punchbending

fuck the pain away
fuck the pain away
fuck the pain away
>>
>>92135101
>quitting at episode 5 of book one

I don't blame you, I maintain that it's one of the worst episodes in the whole series simply for the character executions that happen right then and there.
>>
My favorite Korra season is 2 with 3 following behind. Is that bad?
>>
>>92121472
He has known Mai since childhood, so he probably loved her for a long time and knew she was the only one, love is strong.
>>
>>92135248
Nah. I loved the last half(?) of 2 because they dropped the shitty romance drama and started getting into spirit realm stuff thought, and 3 was top tier for me, really started to get the ATLA feel from it all.

imo Season 4 dipped down into "meh", though. But I did love how assmad the ending made some people, like whoever Korra digs her fingers into at the end of the day mattered more than the story itself.
>>
>>92135101

>Invent blood bending

What? It was in ATLA, Korra just retconned the rquirement for it and made it completely broken.
>>
>>92132102
It's just so painful, Bryke had so much going for them with Amon's mystique and the Equalists in general and they just...completely fucked it up.

It's like going from Genndy's Grievous to Episode III Grievous.
>>
Honor is 11/10.

Also you can not date or marry a prostitute.
>>
>>92135353
I know Zuko Alone makes it clear she had a crush on him, but why do people always assume it means he felt the same way back then too? The comics keep breaking them up and making every interaction they have into agony too, so Zuko must still hate himself to want to get back together with her again and again.
>>
>>92133279
>Bolin couldn't talk about sad issues.
Bolin spent 3 years fighting in a fucking civil war and reuniting a country. He seen sadness.
>>
>>92135495

It was always broken, it just had a specific time you could use it.
>>
>>92135382

Who Korra digs who fingers into in this case has a direct implication in the story itself. Because how rushed and nonsensical Korrasami ended up being was due in large part to the narrative not giving proper focus to its characters, with Asami being the biggest victim.
>>
>>92130216
Shit, it's true. He had good chemistry with Aang also.
>>
File: Zuko-zuko-7095299-640-480.jpg (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zuko-zuko-7095299-640-480.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
>>92125664
>it's a "Toph is easy" smutfic

I love these. It would be out of character for most of the ATLA girls, but it works for Toph. Fuck, according to LOK it's even canon.
>>
File: 1480558379055.png (941KB, 1314x755px) Image search: [Google]
1480558379055.png
941KB, 1314x755px
>>92135101
you sound fucking retarded
>>
Toph is about 10 years old and its super creepy to sexualize her at all.
>>
>>92136155
I've rubbed my dick raw countless times to the Toph zone flash.

Get over it nerd
>>
>>92136180

Ok and that's your decision.

But Toph as a character is a little kid. Why sexualize her?
>>
>>92135495
>Korra just retconned the rquirement for it
one fucking guy you stupid fuck and he trained hes hole life to do it
>>
File: tumblr_nhjb20Cx0n1shrlcwo1_400.png (137KB, 533x212px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhjb20Cx0n1shrlcwo1_400.png
137KB, 533x212px
>Izumi's mother never mentioned
>both Bei Fongs and Izumi the same age, similar in appearance, powerful benders
Out of nowhere, Zoph.
>>
>>92122711
Guns will never be a thing in their world because bending is far more effective and accessible than early firearms would be. Also many bending skills would easily defeat early firearms. If early firearms don't catch on in comparison to what's established, then there will be no innovation to more effective or powerful firearms.

Bending isn't so hot for transportation, so vehicles and so on make more sense.
>>
>>92136215

3 guys.
>>
>>92136224
I love the idea that at some point Toph managed to bang both Zuko AND Sokka. Maybe she even got around to Aang, right under Katara's nose.
>>
>>92136244
2 of those were descendants of the first guy though.
>>
File: 1483184876278.png (382KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
1483184876278.png
382KB, 680x462px
>>92136153
Found the Korrafag
>>
>>92136244
2 guys and the other one needed the full moon you idiot and there all dead now you fool
>>
Jin/Asami
Y/N?
>>
Amon was a shitty villain however you slice it, the "equalists" too.
>>
>>92136155
I'm assuming most people fap to the idea of an older Toph stepping on them and fucking everybody she wants.

We all probably saw the Zone flash/all the Toph's Feet Threads all those years ago, though. Maybe it left an imprint on some people, and now they have uncontrollable Toph boners.
>>
>>92136380

They were fine, just terrible for the setting, since nowhere beforehand was it implied that nonbenders were treated any less than benders.
>>
File: 1490413334042.jpg (59KB, 632x932px) Image search: [Google]
1490413334042.jpg
59KB, 632x932px
>>92136327
you just sound fucking retarded kyoshi used lava idiot and the only reason lightning was non everywhere was because azula and her dad kept it to themselves and iroh was the one that why cant he pass on something he made and who said that only the avatar can energy bend the fucking lion turtles had it and i like the original better you fucking shitposter use your fucking mind
>>
>>92133895
she was for like one episode, nobody has any real evidence on how she would feel
>>
>>92136461

Nonbenders are not "treated worse" than benders are, not in Korra or in ATLA. Benders are however, more powerful than nonbenders and use this to form organized crime groups or whatever in a urban environment
>>
>>92136545

Except that's how it was framed in Korra, such as nonbenders not having political representation in Republic City.
>>
>>92136461
Non-Benders were being shitted on by benders even in ATLA.

Did you not pay attention to the people who fucked up Katara's village, or that one girl who got burned by fire nation soldiers Zuko meets, or the Fire Nation in general when they occupied territories.

You got exceptional non-benders, but a vast majority of non-benders get shit on.
>>
I think Zuko's really got the best harem. Mako as the front bitch he never actually fucks.
>>
>>92136572
>nonbenders not having political representation in Republic City
so
>>
>>92136572

> nonbenders not having political representation in Republic City.

This was only by chance, not by design. Its like saying Protestant Christians don't have representation on the Supreme Court, ergo Protestants are treated badly.

The people who are shown to have widespread discrimiantion against them are Benders, and its rooted in the fact that Benders are seen as "dangerous" and blamed for the actions of the Bending Triads etc. (Bending triads themselves are formed due to a large bending homeless population--I think 3/4 of the homeless people we meet are benders). Kind of a self-fulfilling cycle left unaddressed.

Korra is garbage.
>>
File: 463863983.jpg (41KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
463863983.jpg
41KB, 351x359px
>>92136489
>that whole post
>>
>>92136601

So that was framed by the series as an indicator that nonbenders were not treated equally, which was my original point. Regardless of whether it's true or not (it's not, because Korra is bad and couldn't tell its own story properly) is irrelevant.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>92136605
>Korra is garbage
>>
File: zuko happy pills.jpg (236KB, 721x1027px) Image search: [Google]
zuko happy pills.jpg
236KB, 721x1027px
>>
File: 1482488385439.gif (203KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482488385439.gif
203KB, 248x225px
>>92136630
ok let me mnake it better

>Element bending is soo last year
the fuck are you talking about

>Invent blood bending
it was mad in the original

iroh was the one that made it so why cant he pass it down to others

>A non-avatar can now energy bend
the fucking lion turtles had it

>Invent lava ending
kyoshi used lava
>>
File: avatar girls.jpg (2MB, 4161x731px) Image search: [Google]
2MB, 4161x731px
>>
File: jin.gif (988KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
jin.gif
988KB, 250x193px
>>92121472
they where damn cute together
>>
File: 1471454583426.jpg (41KB, 642x421px) Image search: [Google]
1471454583426.jpg
41KB, 642x421px
>>92136600
>Legoman

Oh baby
>>
>>92136605
Being a protestant isn't a physical state of not having magical powers when the catholics do.

The non-benders have to deal with bending criminals bullying the shit out of them and their businesses, and the bending police apparently unable to keep them under control, and do deserve to be safe in the city, which is partially what the anti-bending movement is about.
TLOK completely fails to really explore this properly though, getting bogged down by love triangles and pro bending with Korra never being written to really have any sympathy/empathy for nonbenders.

If her bending had been taken earlier in the series, perhaps we could have had some exploration of that.
>>
File: 1484001704935.jpg (134KB, 577x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484001704935.jpg
134KB, 577x800px
>>92136764
>the fuck are you talking about
So you admit you didn't understand a single word of my post? Guess I won't bother wasting my time arguing with you, since you'll end up sperging out again.
>>
In hindsight, A:TLA was let down by the shit pairings. Like, why the fuck is even Mai paired with Zuko? They literally got no fucking development and hell even Zutara by comparison was more fleshed and interesting.
>>
File: 1493832736916.jpg (22KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
1493832736916.jpg
22KB, 428x428px
>>92122653
>call the writers out for their bullshit reasoning
>REEEE SCIENCE AUTIST
>>
File: jin & zuko.png (823KB, 1200x1057px) Image search: [Google]
jin & zuko.png
823KB, 1200x1057px
>>
File: 1486438694188.jpg (94KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
1486438694188.jpg
94KB, 640x716px
>>92136865
are you fucking stupid
>>
>>92136866

Probably because, outside of the main couple that they gave a good amount of development, romance was on the backburner. As opposed to letting it completely take over the show like with Korra season 1. Zuko's journey of redemption was more important than whether he banged Mai or Katara or Jin.
>>
>>92136866
Because pair the spares, I guess. Mai made it sound like they were supposed to be a funny kooky goth couple who both hated the world in the beach episode, but Zuko was a hotheaded character who was full of defiance, passion and hope against all odds, who was only gloomy/Mai's "type" when he went against what he knew was right and betrayed Iroh/rejoined the Fire Nation.
Outside of that, they didn't work.
>>
>>92124106
Yeah, but Japan did that by copying all their tech from the west.
>>
>>92136852
They should have really learned from this that Zuko works better with someone that takes him out of his comfort zone
>>
>>92136866
>why the fuck is even Mai paired with Zuko?
So Zuko would have had something to leave behind when abandoning the Fire Nation and to give Azula's henchwomen something to do in S3.
>>
File: jin & zuko2.png (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
jin & zuko2.png
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>92137060
i liked mai. she had some dry humor at times.
but she and zuko aren't that great of a match
>>
>>92136955
Pairing of spares only work with minor characters.
>>
File: jin & tea.jpg (176KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jin & tea.jpg
176KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>92137041
Yep, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about and it's really fucking obvious
>>
>>92137102
disagree, Zuko needs someone who won't put up with his pouting and tantrums.
>>
>>92137075
>didn't pull the strings to get her released since she said her uncle had to do it
When he leaves something behind, he really commits.

>>92136907
>Zuko's journey of redemption was more important than whether he banged Mai or Katara or Jin

And I'm glad for that. I don't know why they didn't just leave him single though, since that would have been a better option for him what with how committed he is to his people and his country. And Iroh fucks off to the Earth Kingdom instead of helping him transition since he's so inexperienced, which feeds more into the comics flaws. Fire's ending was a mess.
>>
File: 1283812481628.png (307KB, 520x568px) Image search: [Google]
1283812481628.png
307KB, 520x568px
>>
File: 1276431919442.jpg (156KB, 1310x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1276431919442.jpg
156KB, 1310x1017px
>>
File: Asami x Korra229.png (2MB, 838x2794px) Image search: [Google]
Asami x Korra229.png
2MB, 838x2794px
>>92133579
>writing is an easy way to get close to somebody and believable
They exchanged letters for about 6 months before Korra went AWOL to get her ass kicked in earth bending fights.
>>
File: 1273600869960.jpg (131KB, 634x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1273600869960.jpg
131KB, 634x1000px
>>
>>92138072

Too bad they completely bungled it. Them exchanging letters could have been a way to show their developing relationship; instead all we hear about the letters is Korra moping about not being able to also write to Mako and Bolin.
>>
>>92125547
>>92132429

I keep on wanting to go full autist and try to write a fanfic about this sorta thing happening.

Like Zuko's married to Mai at first and has a kid, but tragedy happens, and he's like..."Fuck it, I'm going Jin this time and legitimizing a bastard I have with her."

Or a fic with Jin as a Dai Li agent.
>>
File: 1458951311724.png (3MB, 1938x2635px) Image search: [Google]
1458951311724.png
3MB, 1938x2635px
I think Jin would get Zuko to have fun.
>>
What happened to Zuko's mom?
>>
>>92137102
Do girls seriously molest you openly like this in America?
>>
>>92138314
Read the comics
>>
>>92138072
Reading that. Korra sounds like a fucking asshole not responding to Bolin.

While she is nice and comfy, he's doing real things to bring balance to the world. Mako and Bolin were never really her friends, I mean Bolin would do anything for Korra and stick his neck out for her more than Asami did.
>>
>>92138416
>While she is nice and comfy
She's suffering from mercury poisoning, dude. Didn't you see how much of that stuff that came out of her in s4?
>>
>>92135101
Whorra fanboys saying that bending just developed like technology triggers me, they are not analogous
>>
>>92138441
Mercury poisoning doesn't mean shit if she can become a spirit.

It also doesn't defend her not writing to the TWO fucking people who did more for her than Asami.
>>
>>92138416
They did not really like each other at all, but working together for the same cause was convenient. Mako and Bolin completely ignoring Korra after she got crippled and traumatized was satisfying.
>>
>>92138505
At that point bryke were tyring to force korrasami so Korra had to pretend that Asami is the most important person in her life at that moment.
>>
File: Jins Boulder Holders.png (723KB, 932x990px) Image search: [Google]
Jins Boulder Holders.png
723KB, 932x990px
>>92123156
I like to think that Jin got a good job as a successful model after the war.
>>
File: Mako_and_Bolin_argue.png (137KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Mako_and_Bolin_argue.png
137KB, 444x250px
>>92138532
Bolin didn't really ignore Korra. He was so busy being part of Kuvera's Army (Which he should've stayed in) that all he could do for her was write letters about his experience during the unification and what Kuvira's been up to (He even straight out says this.), which she ignored, then she fucked off for underground fighting.

Mako wrote Korra letters, but she ignored him and he thought she didn't want to speak to him during her recovery process

Korra was an asshole. I mean Mako went with Korra to confront Zaheer, while Asami was dealing with daddy issues.
>>
>>92138370
don't give a shit about the comics
it's just that it's fucking stupid how they brought it up in the show, then immediately ignored it
at that point, the whole cast may as well have turned toward the viewer and said "go buy the comic"
it's not the tongue-in-cheek they were probably going for, it's shit
>>
File: 1491760137099.jpg (187KB, 1298x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1491760137099.jpg
187KB, 1298x1176px
>>92138675
Anon. ATLA was going to have a 4th Season you know that right.

Zuko is a little creep
>>
>>92138948
It wasn't, all of the plot points were already resolved except Zuko's mom and Toph's parents.

In fact, they actually storyboarded a scene of Zuko reuniting with his mom but cut it because that alongside his coronation and confronting his dad in prison would make Zuko look like the MC of the series.
>>
File: 1485284122647.jpg (37KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1485284122647.jpg
37KB, 448x545px
>>92139097
>there is a universe where Zuko was the MC of ATLA
>there is a universe where he chose Jin over Mai
>mfw I was born in the wrong universe
>>
File: Peasent Girl.jpg (229KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Peasent Girl.jpg
229KB, 720x480px
>>92139097
Zuko could be considered the secondary protagonist.

He was a focal character and his moments were a lot better than Aang's.

>>92139164
Never give up hope. ATLA turns 10 years old next year. He can still be with Jin.
>>
>>92139164
>there is a universe where Zuko was the MC of ATLA
Eh, he kind of was.

Just look at the final bunch of episodes:
>Western Air Temple
Zuko is the main focus

>Firebending Masters
Zuko and Aang are the main focus

>Boiling Rock (two parter)
Sokka and Zuko were the main focus

>Southern Raiders
Katara and Zuko were the main focus

>Ember Island Players
Zuko deals with being shown every mistake he has made in his life while Aang just whines over being a girl and Katara wanting to fuck Zuko in the play

>Sozin's Comet
Zuko is the only one that speaks and the only one that gets a medal in the Star Wars ending ceremony (though he got fucked over pretty badly in his final fight by the plot)
>>
>>92126375
Nice fake. It is physically impossible to like Korra.
>>
File: 1486514601625.png (137KB, 389x310px) Image search: [Google]
1486514601625.png
137KB, 389x310px
>>92139488
>It is physically impossible to like Korra
Why..
>>
>>92138333
yes
>>
>>92139591
She literally cucked Bolin after he made his affections known to her and his older brother.
>>
File: 1492840167000.png (642KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492840167000.png
642KB, 720x540px
>>92122381
>>
>>92139618

That's not what that word means. Korra was never in a relationship with Bolin, much less displayed any kind of romantic interest.
>>
File: Bawwwllin.gif (1022KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
Bawwwllin.gif
1022KB, 500x233px
>>92139618
No one gives a shit about Bolin.
>>
>>92139709
Redditors now use that word to mean "literally anything bad happens to anyone".
>>
>>92139591
She cares only about herself, doesn't listen to anyone, ruins everything and then refuses to take any responsibility for her mistakes.
>>
>>92139709
>Didn't display romantic interest.
>Went on several dates with him.
Korra's retarded then.
>>
>>92139728
Korra and Mako sure don't, but they're both terrible people who only care about themselves.
>>
>>92136880
I didn't expect to love this as much as I do.
>>
>>92139728
>>92139791
>Bolin didn't stay on Kuvira's side long enough for Lavabending Bolin vs. Lightning Mako no holding back.

Bolin vs. Mako has been a long time coming.
>>
>>92122381

>shows up to the date wearing the same outfit
>>
>>92139848

Probably the biggest disappointment for me in the season. Bolin staying on Kuvira's side for longer than 3 episodes would have made for some really good drama.
>>
>>92139880
She is poor and a cartoon character
>>
>>92139880
She's poor man. All she can really do is make her breast bigger and change her hairstyle.
>>
File: 1462805282640.gif (94KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462805282640.gif
94KB, 350x250px
>>92139744
Aren't you projecting?
>>
>>92139958
Do you even know what projecting means?
>>
I don't know why people gang up on Korra for having inconsistent and illogical bending rules when they were just as inconsistent in ATLA.

>>92135101
Literally 6 people were ever shown lightning bending in LoK.

4 of them were only in a 10 second scene in and never showed up again.
>>
File: Opal.png (79KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Opal.png
79KB, 333x250px
>>92139890
That reminds me of this cunt. Bolin was better off with Eska. Opal turned into a massive bitch in S4.
>>
>>92140067

I don't blame her, her boyfriend was working for a tyrannical dictator who was trying to oust her mom.
>>
>>92140067
Eska thought Bolin was with Kuvira who he thought was Korra 2.0 if that helps any.

Kuvira was hot with her hair down. They should've made her Korra's age.
>>
>>92140052
>4 of them were only in a 10 second scene in and never showed up again.
In the first episode, to establish the setting. Where they are shown to be so common that they can be used as cheap manual labour.
>>
>>92140100
Bolin was helping her because at the time she was the only person stopping the Earth Kingdom from collapsing and providing support to it. By the time Kuvira went full dictator, he fucked off. So why get mad at him? It was just more dumb relationship drama that the hack writers of this series can't get enough of apparently.
>>
>>92140100
>Tyrannical dictator
>Built a rail system throughout the Earth Kingdom so transport and supplies + communications can be done instantly.
>Secured the borders so people like Zuko who brought the nation down won't ever get in again.
>Modernized the Earth Kingdom and feds its people.
>Stopped foreigners from controlling the power system of the Earth Kingdom
>Didn't want a divided state and Zaofu was a literal state on its own.

The only bad thing Kuvira did was not separate Republic City from the rest of the Earth Nation by bending it into the middle of the ocean and keep Bolin on her side.
>>
>>92140178

She was full dictator from the start. There are multiple scenes which point out that she always had stuff like reeducation camps and basically enslaved the towns they liberated, but Bolin didn't realize it because they never went back to any of those towns. If you want to complain about relationship drama, there are way better things to complain about than the development between Eska and Bolin.
>>
>>92139910
not really excuses.
>>
>>92138333
Of course

I can't go anywhere without women literally trying to eat my nipples through my shirt

it's a fuckin catastrophe man don't even get me started
>>
>>92140223
The dictator was better than the puppet king Wu. It also doesn't help that the common people and the army Kuvira had was loyal to her.

The earth people hated Wu and proved it. Even after her defeat, the fucking Army Kuvira raised still wanted to wreck Korra's fucking shit.
>>
>>92139942
Jin: The first boobiebender.

I'd watch that.
>>
File: 1450105433284.jpg (25KB, 489x489px) Image search: [Google]
1450105433284.jpg
25KB, 489x489px
>>92140010
You totally are.
>>
>>92131435
>Bolin creating lava is fucking retarded

No, this point is fucking retarded.

>Waterbenders can make water into steam (100c) or ice (0c)
This shows literally EVERY waterbender has at least a temperature range of 100 degrees. Probably more.

>Rock becomes magma at 600c
So, earthbenders would need a temperature range of 575c to create lava

>In conclusion
If every waterbender has a range of at least 100c, it's reasonable to conclude that 2 earthbenders ever could have a range of 600c
>>
>>92140380
t.korra
>>
>>92140337

Whether or not she's better than Wu doesn't really have anything to do with the discussion, which is Opal's justification for disliking Kuvira (and disliking Bolin for working with her).
>>
>>92131485
I think creating and cooling it off is where the term "lavabender" comes. Not manipulating it.
>>
>>92140380
What makes you say that? Apart from sheer idiocy of course?
>>
File: Korra_1.jpg (187KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Korra_1.jpg
187KB, 640x360px
>>92140857
Another one? did the shoes fit you too? well, when someone says total random bullshit you might wonder where all that hate comes from. It's probably from his sad life.
>>
>>92136092
>Toph is easy
In canon for certain but did you finish the fic? It's pretty adorable.
>>
>>92128373
I think that's more of a giveaway for the watcher, because it was never acknowledged by anyone in the show.
>>
>>92141335
Ok, so you're just an idiot who learnt the word "projecting" and figured you should use it whenever you don't have a proper response. Thank you for your honesty.
>>
File: Tarkus is disgusted.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkus is disgusted.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>92121472
>Why did Zuko refuse this literal 10/10 for god damned Mai?
I have a better question: why does Zuko sound so gay in english?

alternatively why does he sound so good in polish and where can I find polish dub with english subtitles?
>>
>>92140163
>as cheap manual labour
Mako said he gets paid pretty well since lightning benders are still relatively rare and in demand.
>>
>>92131585
>Katara, you're a bloodbender
>and I'm even stronger than you
>>
>>92142708
Not well enough to make ends meet it seems.
>>
>>92142835
More like not well enough to pay the ridiculously expensive pro-bending tournament entry fee.
>>
>>92142835
It was more than enough to make ends meet.

Probending championship fame and money was better.
>>
>>92142922
What kind of ultra jews are in charge of pro-bending?

>get all the revenue from the merchandhising, the radio broadcasts, the advertising and the entry tickets
>still force the fighters to pay for their own salaries
>>
>>92142922
A bit odd to call it "professional" anything if it's just a hobby that normal people can't afford.
>>
>>92143203
Mako and Bolin should have just looked for a sponsor instead of getting a part time job and begging for money on the streets, it shouldn't have been hard while having the fucking avatar on their team and being likable underdog rookies from the streets.
>>
>>92142925
>Probending championship fame and money was better.
If the pro-bending money was better and they still couldn't make ends meet as pro-benders without resorting to crime, how shitty must the wages for lightning bending have been?
>>
All of this talk just makes me remember how much better Season 1 would have been if they had never thought of pro-bending as a concept.
>>
File: 1487799831089.gif (2MB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1487799831089.gif
2MB, 500x307px
>>92138333
I wish
>>
>>92143414
It would have been even better if they had never thought of making the show in the first place.
>>
>>92143485
would have been better if you were aborted.
>>
>>92143523
There's no need to get upset about people not liking your shitty show, anon.
>>
>>92143414
It was an interesting idea, it's just that all the rules limited the creativity of what can be done with bending.
>>
>>92143128
The worst part is the championship where the multiple-time repeating champions aren't afraid to make a complete farce of the their sport and themselves by flagrantly cheating and bribing referees.
>>
>>92143485

You can dislike the execution, but what's inherently wrong with the idea of making a sequel to ATLA?
>>
>>92143685
There's nothing wrong with the idea of making a sequel to ATLA, but there is no excuse for ever making anything like the failed abortion that was Korra.
>>
>>92122258
>that fucking robot is when Korra jumped the shark
Really, and not the kaiju battle that was the season 2, finale?
>>
>>92143592
just stating a fact.
sorry you can't handle it.
>>
>>92122740
My beef with it was, couldn't they just use any purified metal then? Pure iron has no carbon, and that's a fuckton stronger than platinum.
>>
>>92143667
Just like in irl sports
>>
>>92143852
Oh, is that what it is? Seems more to me like you're instinctively lashing out at people who express opinions that upset you, but what do I know.
>>
>>92136971
I need a source for this please
>>
>>92144047
There was so much commentary that could've been made with all the ideas they had for book one. They either needed more episodes ordered, or to change the plot to make it simpler.
>>
>>92144217
looks like polyle
>>
File: 1491528894107.jpg (252KB, 1553x1663px) Image search: [Google]
1491528894107.jpg
252KB, 1553x1663px
>>
>>92143323
>how shitty must the wages for lightning bending have been?
You have to win to get the money, and as already mentioned, probenders are megajews.

The wages for lightning bending were pretty good.
>>
>>
>>92151288
Jin/Zuko daughter is cute!!!
>>
>>92121472
>>92124852

>A 10/10 will never flirt this hard with you
>>
>>92136259
Who do you think Lin's dad is?
>>
>>92128032

First off she would never do that to a person and second if you have on edge like that it's your fault for not keeping her satisfied.

>>92134308

>Being this wrong
>>
>>92121472
He's asexual.
>>
>>92154321
Even if she did I wouldn't be able to tell or I'd just think she's messing with me, probably why Zuko is so easy to relate to: he's retarded.
>>
>>92126904
>No she doesn't.
wrong
>>
>>92159299
Well, some people used to say the same about Samurai Jack
>>
So when does Zuko fuck Suki?
>>
>>92160035

Azula deserves to be happy.
>>
>>92122890
>breaks all the rules
Que?
>>
>>92135509

Your kind needs to be slapped. Every hour on the hour.
>>
>>92133226
>broke the rules of blood bending (requiring the full moon)
Hahahahahahaha!
>>
>>92160244
>Azula
> happy
>ever
>>
>>92160356

She will be happy, I swear it.
>>
>>92160186
Well, there don't seem to be any more ATLA comics planned, the last one that was released like two weeks ago was so underwhelming that nobody is talking about it... so probably never.
>>
>>92122711
>A single generation makes the progress of millenniums

No they didn't. What are you talking about? They had steam-ships, trains, giant drills, cannon, tanks, submarines, airships, and fucking jet-skis already in ATLA. Automobiles, early planes, record-players, and radio isn't a millennium away from that.

>But they don't invent something as simple as guns

Ever hear of "imitatable acts"?

>So yeah a giant, walking, platinum robot works but putting gunpowder into a stock and barrel is too far out

Not "far out", it's that the robot is a hard-to-imitate weapon (can't just pull one out of Dad's sock-drawer), plus it's fantastical.
>>
>>92123153
They had cannon and explosives in ATLA.
>>
>>92122490

They're earthbenders, not carbonbenders.
>>
>>92122649
Nope.
>>
>>92123443
They shot harpoons.
>>
File: Ty Lee 73.jpg (82KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ty Lee 73.jpg
82KB, 960x720px
Did Sokka ever hook up with this 10/10?
>>
>>92138333
Yeah, depends if your in a "club" like atmosphere and booze is available.

Fairs, concerts, bars...girls get really horny in large crowds.
>>
>>92134608
>That's a plot hole since all earthbenders should be able to bend lava since it's just molten earth
I thought the ability to bend was self-limited? As in, not a random or genetic thing.
>>
>>92122706
>Amon should've been an energybender who learned it from a turtle though. It would've made more impact on the story and he would be a legit force in countering the avatar as he would've been someone other than the Avatar to learn energybending in a long time and use it to change the world.

Something like that is far beyond the writing level of LOK.

Korras quote of "Bending is the coolest thing in the world" from the beginning of the series represents simple childlike mindset of korras target audience and it's writers. Rather than actually address the legitimate points of inequality Amon brought up, the moral of the story was "Bending good. U no liek bending then u bad. Bad person always liar and cheater"
>>
>>92136206
>wheredoyouthinkyouare.bmp
>>
>>92136155
>Toph is about 10 years old

Twelve.

>>92136206
>Toph as a character is a little kid

She was growing titties, yo.
>>
>>92136591
They did those things cos they were shitheads, not because they were benders.
>>
File: 1482050889546.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482050889546.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>92136155

Not my fault they drew her that way.
>>
>>92138113
Underrated.
>>
>>92132507
That sounds awful.
>>
File: 1277988925546.png (194KB, 518x384px) Image search: [Google]
1277988925546.png
194KB, 518x384px
>>92136155
Not my fault she turned up so sexy so young
>>
File: 1482103312459.png (1MB, 968x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1482103312459.png
1MB, 968x1072px
A toph tier qt.
>>
>>92163002

I fear for the children that live in your area.
>>
>>92121472
Everything you know about the pairings in this entire series is a lie.
https://peacockarehot.tumblr.com/tagged/anti-maiko

Go through not only this tag, but the entire blog, it will not be a waste of your time.

TL;DR: The original goal of the series, that was Zutara, would have happened if the writers didn't fuck everything up and everything wasn't hamfisted and rushed.
>>
>>92163132
Zutarafags are STILL this delusional after a fucking decade.
>>
You guys are reminding me why i fucking hated LOK and was so confused as to why EVERYONE i knew loved it. Season 1 starts strong and ends shit, the best parts of season 2 werent about korra but about Wan and the rest was trash, season 3 was on a better path and ended great with cripple Korra then season 4 happens and flushes all of the development down the fucking drain then they have the audacity to end the series with virtue signalling in a hamfisted lesbian romance even though season 1 practically cemented straight Korra with her completely obsessed with Mako. All the shit in this series and it never recovered ESPECIALLY after killing off every previous Avatar. I sleep better at night pretending this shit show never happened.
>>
>>92121662
>ended up with
>he didn't read the comics
>>
>>92164358
As much as I was dissatisfied with Zuko/Mai i was completely repulsed with how their relationship ended in the comics.
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.