[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think this guy should have had his own full series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Wan.png (154KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Wan.png
154KB, 444x250px
Do you think this guy should have had his own full series?
>>
>>92116092
No I don't think the walking pile of anime cliches should have had his own series.
>>
>>92116092
Shouldn't even have the lore-contradicting episode.

Having it be mysterious and immemorial had a much better feeling than giving it all a beginning. Like, the fact that he learned firebending first makes firebending more special than the other ones, which by itself contradicts what made the Avatar world so believable despite being fantastical.
>>
>>92116092
According to E;R this guy is a raving sociopath.
>>
>>92116092
No, he is completely unlikeable and stupid, Aang supposedly being his reincarnation is insulting.
>>
>>92116113
Yet Korra did
>>
>A generic white guy

No, cumskin. Nobody finds characters like that interesting.
>>
>>92116092
Absolutely then he wouldn't ruin the original series,
>>
>>92117858
But he's Asian.
>>
>>92116092
Disappointed by all the shit taste in this thread.

I get that the lore reveals at the end of Beginnings verges on Midichlorian levels of tone-assassination, but Beginnings as a whole perfectly fits into how I'd have imagined a "first Avatar" appearing.

Sort of a perfect "everyman" rascal hero that fits in what you'd see in lore/myth, going on the original epic quest to learn all four elements from legendary creatures (which in turn retroactively explains the deus ex machina at the end of ATLA) that ends with fighting some manifestation of disorder and chaos. It makes perfect sense that a figure so ingrained into the mythology of the world like the Avatar would have an origin grounded in the world of fable. I liked Beginnings as an episode, all things said. It was nice and comfy, which is more than what can be said of the rest of Korra S2.

That being said, hell to the no. Beginnings works only as an independent one off story, the second you start trying to create a full series around it is the second you start running into serious problems with trying to do worldbuilding in a setting that actively works against any sort of grounding.
>>
>>92116092
I honestly quite liked his two-parter. Wish it was in a different show, but art style and animation is just amazing.

I can dig a mini-series dedicated to his path from sealing the black sperm to where we see him make his last breath.

Just keep THOSE guys away, gib it to Ehasz
>>
>>92116092
it really says a lot that the best episode of Korra didn't have Korra in it
>>
>>92119986
the best episode of Korra was Korra Alone though.
>>
>>92119852
>Just keep THOSE guys away, gib it to Ehasz

>give it to the fag who wanted Zutara
how about no.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.