[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did Chris Pratt succeed in the role? Where did he fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1026.png (764KB, 590x679px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1026.png
764KB, 590x679px
Where did Chris Pratt succeed in the role? Where did he fail? I personally don't care for the dude bro, frat guy version of Peter Quill.
>>
Chris Pratt has been consistent in every facet the character has shown.

His reaction after learning his father implanted the tumor on his mom? Fucking great.
I even liked annoyed Quill nagging on Teen Groot.
>>
>>92110143
wait, since when did that scene have a censor over the middle finger?
>>
>>92110143
James Gunn loves making quirky and weird characters and his male leads tend to be immature so the moment he was announced as director I KNEW he was going to make Quill say some type of cum or dick joke that could pass the sensors.

That said his Quill isn't bad and he's pretty smart, he is a bit of a swashbuckler and enjoys his life (which is what Star-Lord was originally like), he manages to keep the Guardians together, and he's a quick thinker.

However I feel like he should mature at some point, I feel like the manchild aspect is the least appealing thing about the character although the movies don't do it as bad as the comics and GotG cartoon when they are trying to emulate the movies.
>>
>>92110305
That was for the preview on Jimmy Kimmel iirc
>>
>>92110406
Maybe it is the whole immature jokes thing. Even tho that did kinda line up with his smart ass humor from the comics I just feel like that man child thing plagues a bunch of MCU characters
>>
>>92110680
> I just feel like that man child thing plagues a bunch of MCU characters
Hollywood is full of that shit.
>>
File: 1491270235346.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491270235346.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>It wasn't EXACTLY like muh comic books!

Fuck off autismo
>>
>>92110305
>wait, since when did that scene have a censor over the middle finger?

In the trailers.
>>
It's just a quirkier, more pleasant version of Englehart Star-Lord who was an introverted jerk hung up on his mom's death and his shitty childhood before he earned the title of Star-Lord. And it makes sense. Comic Quill grew up on Earth and longed for space, so he was just an asshole that resented Earth as a prison. Movie Quill grew up in space, so while he has no desire to return to Earth he holds onto the memories he shared with his mom.

Everyone wants Star-Lord to start as a jaded veteran because that's the version they were introduced to but it's a more sensible move to have him grow into the role. Gunn just made him a charming a-hole rather than 100% a dick.
>>
>>92110143
He is like a little boy that grew up to be a space cowboy like that of fiction. That's pretty much his character.
The distinction between reality and fiction was kind of blurred when the reality he met was like that of fiction. And as a result, he never really grew up.

And that's fine.
>>
>>92111754
What about the time the boys' in the crew wanted to eat him? They'd never tasted Terran before.
>>
>>92111792
The Ravagers were pedos?
>>
>>92111918
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were.
>>
>>92110295
We knew we had missed the second after-credit scene at dr. Strange so we waited around longer, but after the third scene we were certain that had to be the end to it.
Now I have to wait a month or longer for teen groot to appear on youtube. I probably won't care anymore by then.
>>
>>92110305
It's for tv.
>>
>>92111792
Being a kid is often shit. Doesn't really change much.
>>
>>92110143
I personally don't care for the dude bro, frat guy strawman people use against this character.

This guy is not a 'dudebro' or a 'frat guy'. He's basically a manchild who has dealt with his traumatic childhood by trying to emulate the adventurers he admired from the fiction of his youth. He achieves some of this but falls hilariously short in other aspects of his life, and can never quite be the swashbuckler he thinks he should be, which is endearing.
>>
>>92110936
>>92112120
These are the best posts.
>>
I liked him as Andy from Parks and Rec.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.