[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cartoons that marked History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Jack_&_the_Spartans.png (139KB, 453x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_&_the_Spartans.png
139KB, 453x480px
In your opinion which are the cartoons which marked or will mark the history of animation?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Spongebob,Avatar,Adventure time
>>
MLP:FiM
>>
>>92109289
came here to post this

also total drama island
>>
File: Disgrace-Like-Home.jpg (181KB, 957x677px) Image search: [Google]
Disgrace-Like-Home.jpg
181KB, 957x677px
Late Looney Tunes
Early Disney movies
Early Pixar movies
If I'm being generous I'd say The Simpsons, but really they're just a modern Flintstones - an animated sitcom. The Simpsons used to be very heartfelt and actually about a family, but now it's about these wacky zany characters doing wacky zany things.
>>
>>92109404
Uh just to be clear, "late Looney Tunes" as in 1940s and '50s, not '70s and '90s.
>>
>>92109193
Steven Universe
>>
>>92109193
>cartoons that marked the history of animation
WACHA!
>>
>>92109193
Early Spongebob: I hopefully do not need to explain this, it is just extremly funny and good

Invader Zim: High budget animation with an unique dark atmosphere, something rarely seen in cartoons, thus making it stand out.

One Piece: Shows how animation in japan has changed over the time, is also the biggest Japanese cartoon which created huge impact in Japan and Germany

MLP:FIM: Without any doubt the best example of 2D puppet animation by far, which is pretty big since puppet animation is going to be the main form of 2D animation. Also will get footnotes from English teachers and maybe historicans for S5 E1+2
>>
>>92109404
>If I'm being generous I'd say The Simpsons, but really they're just a modern Flintstones
In concept, yes, but the glory of The Simpsons is in the execution. Very few shows hit a golden spot where almost every episode is a classic for 4 solid seasons, never mind just cartoons. They deserve notoriety just for that.

>>92110986
>best example of 2D puppet animation
The fuck is "puppet animation"? You mean just using Flash and tweening shit? Wakfu has them beat in almost every single way possible, there, especially since their base character models and backgrounds are about a million times more well-designed.
>>
>>92110111
Trips don't lie.

Regardless of its quality, it shall be remembered by the likes of Tumblr for all time.
>>
Avatar: Last Airbender definitely. It came out when I was 11 and it really was one of the first cartoons not to treat children like stupid beings unable to rationalize complex themes such as racism, war, genocide, absent parents (who were either dead or had been banished), the stigmas found in disability, etc. It was also the first cartoon that could be enjoyed by adults and children alike, as its audiences was mostly composed of teenagers and college-aged kids.
>>
>>92110986
Sazae-san's been running since 1969 and has higher viewer ratings than One Piece.
>>
>>92109289
No other cartoon has created such a wave of autistm in history. I am fully convinced that MLP:FiM along with Adventure Time were the pillars of the cartoons of 2010 onward.
>>
>>92111138
Not the anon you're replying to, but the horse show definitely has more expressive and fluid-looking animation. Wakfu does look a lot better overall, but the animation can be kind of jerky.
>>
>>92111558
Fluid doesn't mean better.
>>
File: ih1tGVe.gif (3MB, 354x212px) Image search: [Google]
ih1tGVe.gif
3MB, 354x212px
>>92111558
It's only more expressive because the characters are more exaggerated, that's a stylistic choice and has nothing to do with the quality, nor does the actual smoothness of the tweening because that boils down to a single setting during rendering. Besides, I get the feeling Wakfu purposely uses a lower framerate during their animation to give the feel of an older anime. However, their actual use of motion and sense of momentum, fluidity and depth kicks the shit out of MLP.

To say that the better-animated show is the one that is more smooth and expressive is like saying the best car is the one that is fastest and has the brightest paint job.
>>
>>92109193
mickey mouse
>>
>>92110986
Nobody gives a fuck about the One Piece anime, it's all about the manga.
>>
>>92112438
One Piece has been airing since 1999. Obviously people care.
>>
File: Shrek.jpg (476KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek.jpg
476KB, 1000x1500px
I wish this wasn't so influential that it ushered in a new era of animated film, but it kinda did.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>
>>92109193
>>pic unrelated
Hahaaaaaaaaa fuck you.
>>
>>92112895
Exclusively came to post this.
>>
>>92109193
Well I guess we can turn this bait thread into a positive discussion for once
>>
also that dog one
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.