[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 665436345.png (715KB, 752x678px) Image search: [Google]
665436345.png
715KB, 752x678px
Why didn't she try to put the helmet on herself? She's suppose to be the smartest strongest entity in the universe (or at least, the most arrogant and self aggrandizing) so why didn't she try to put the helmet on herself?

Obviously these helmets can adjust to fit all kinds of creatures with different head sizes. The ideal Jerry to her is completely subservient, willing to do whatever she says without question, and will carry out her tasks regardless of danger. It seems like Beth's Mytholog didn't even need Beth at all.

Discuss.
>>
Did you even watch the episode?
>>
>>92105306
She got a big head
>>
>>92105365
Yeah I just watched it.
>>
File: plumbus.png (68KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
plumbus.png
68KB, 512x512px
>2017
>not having a plumbus™ in your house
>>
>>92105306
The way that they dealer with her was very clever.
>>
>>92105306
Because it was the personification of what he sees in Beth, a large part of that being her dominance. Why would she make another of herself, especially if it would have been even stronger, when that would just mean she'd have to be submissive to it?
>>
>>92105306
can someone explain why Beth and Jerry shouldn't have been together ever i never got that
>>
>>92105544
What are you talking about? It would have been the personification of Jerry, I.E her "spouse" from the point of view of Beth's Mytholog because Beth's Mytholog would have been the one putting on the helmet.
>>
>>92105617
Oh, my bad.
Well in that case, the Jerry produced would've be useless and why would she make something useless?
>>
>>92105306
It's a Beth and Jerry have a bad marriage episode
>>
>>92105639
I don't really think it would have been useless at all.

In the mind of Beth's Mytholog, jerry is a spineless subservient slave. It seems like her ideal version of Jerry would have been MORE useful to her, since in her words the real Beth sees Jerry as worthless, but to the Mytholog Jerry's subservience is valuable, which tells me that in the Mytholog's mind her personification of Jerry would be even more subservient.

But I could be reading into this the wrong way, which is why I wanted to discuss it with other people.
>>
>>92105306
because the mytholog saw value in jerry and any jerry it produced wouldn't have been the weak willed one that she could use, but instead a more strong willed one that might be more useful but harder to control.

She wanted an army of useless jerry's she could mold into something useful, not an army of useful jerry's who would defy her.
>>
>>92105639
She was making use of what she had.
If she used Jerry it would create another one of herself that could possibly killed her
If she used Jerry's mytholog it would definitely create stronger being that would kill her
Using Beth created deadly worms that are easy to subjugate.

I'm pretty sure half of that was outright explained in the show.
>>
>>92105709
Since when did the helmet create their ideal versions of a person?
>>
>>92105709
It's not ideal. It's the subconscious manifestation of how they view them.
She probably has a different perception of Jerry entirely meaning she can't breed something as perfect as the worm drones.
>>
>>92105746
They don't. They give physical form to the image of a person that we keep in our mind, I.E the "true" way we see someone. This can either be negative (as is the case of Worm Jerry) or positive (as is the case with Ideal Jerry and his image of Beth as a goddess)

So while Beth's Mytholog (scorpion-xenomorph thing) is NOT Jerry's ideal version of her, and Worm Jerry is not Beth's ideal version of him, the helmet can still create an Ideal version based on the wearer's perception of their significant other.
>>
>>92105791
But if Beth's Mytholog unconsciously views Jerry as a subservient worm, and considering the fact that she values his subservience over all of his other traits, wouldn't that make him a subservient Jerry the ideal version of him in the Mytholog's mind?

I'm using the term "ideal version" because it is used in the episode itself. You can see this in this clip here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7HnAAGtkA
>>
>>92105843
I think you're over thinking it.

Put the helmet on Jerry, it creates a strong and dominant Beth creature.
Put the helmet on Beth, it creates a weak and submissive Jerry creature.

blah blah blah

Put the helmet on the Jerry creature, it creates an even stronger more dominant Beth creature.
Put the helmet on the Beth creature, it creates an even weaker more submissive Jerry creature.

That's how I sees it.
I guarantee the writers didn't bother thinking this much about it.
>>
>why didn't she try to put the helmet on herself?
Wouldn't that create her idea of Jerry?
>>
>>92105918
Good point. If Beth's Mytholog sees him as even weaker than Beth's version of him, then he would be both absolutely subservient, but also incredibly weak, probably incapable of even fighting.
>>
>>92106012

As it was, I think worm jerry was already a bit too subservient than XenoBeth needed, given how Jerry managed to coax the original worm to help him instead. But that's probably something either XenoBeth didn't foresee, or the creators just didn't take into consideration.
>>
the Beth-queen was pretty neutral about the whole thing, only caring about her own personal power. If she had put on the helmet.. I guess it would have created a 1:1 copy of the normal jerry?
>>
>>92105306
I think you misunderstood that episode. The whole fucking thing was a setup, a carefully crafted charade to help Beth and Jerry's relationship.
>>
>>92105917
The way that you put it make it seems that the Worn Jerry is already her ideal.

How she actualy see them, would probably be even more shittier than a Worn Jerry.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.