[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man Archie comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 53

File: Megacom.jpg (743KB, 1248x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Megacom.jpg
743KB, 1248x1920px
Does anyone here like these comics?

I've never read any other Archie books before, but I started reading these because I used to play the games years ago.

Apparently its been cancelled (supposedly on hiatus).

...Opinions?
>>
I haven't played the games but I liked the comics quite a lot. I wish the main storyline had been allowed to run along without awkward disruptions, though (crossover events, the sudden ending). Similar problem as with the Sonic comics, I've enjoyed them too but unfortunate real-life circumstances have kept fucking over the book and messing up its subplots.
>>
Apparently no one cares about Mega Man anymore. Guess that's why the comics were cancelled and they stopped making new games.
>>
>>92102479
Mega Man Mega/Gigamix was better
>>
File: 07 court wily.jpg (2MB, 1986x3056px) Image search: [Google]
07 court wily.jpg
2MB, 1986x3056px
>>92102479
>cancelled
faithful to Megaman at least
>>
>>92103492
Would've been nice if they could have at least finished adapting the NES era.
>>
>>92102479
Good story, lazy execution. Not a fan of the art, which is kinda lacking and unfunny in comparison to the Sonic comics. Quake Woman wasn't my first thought about what should be an original robot master.
>>
>>92102479
Decent. Arts a little shitty and the OC characters are forgettable (especially the police) but it adapts the games well enough and the crossover was neat
>>
File: 07.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>92103601
yeah. but what can you do
Bass will never get his moment
>>
>>92103645
to be fair, Quake Woman was less a common robot master and more in the vein of Rock/Roll/Protoman/Bass
>>
File: tumblr_mqyjgqDtLK1ropumpo1_500.png (156KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqyjgqDtLK1ropumpo1_500.png
156KB, 500x257px
>>92103674
>(especially the police)
>implying Gilbert wasn't memorable
>>
File: 17.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
it was nice that they snuck Honey Woman in there as Vesper Woman.
Sadly. ended soon after that
>>
The game adaptations can be pretty dull. The original stuff is great.
>>
>>92102479
>Apparently its been cancelled (supposedly on hiatus).

Calling it: the hiatus is to wait for MoA's cartoon to debut, then the comic will resume asa tie-in with that for cross media synergy. Archie will hope for more sales if they can market it as "based on the """"hit""""animated series" rather than "based on the defunct game franchise"
>>
>>92103976

They couldn't even hold on to Sonic, what makes you think they'd still care about Mega Man?
>>
>>92103674
>>92103725
I didn't care for them in their initial arc but they grew on me after that. Quake Woman was also great.

Now Xander Payne, I couldn't stand. His whole thing was stupid.
>>
It was a very good adaptation up there with the Mega/Giga mix manga. Really good look into the characters and they even made some OCs who weren't annoying.

The biggest problem is that it will remain unfinished and that Ian Flynn is getting dicked out of both this AND Sonic now, apparently.
>>
>>92102479
Some of the non-game stuff is good. The adaptation of 1 and Powered Up are solid. 2, 3 and the X tie-in are...honestly kinda bad. The game arcs are repetitive as fuck, and the X story is just four issues of flaccid foreshadowing and poor attempts at hype.
>>
>>92104439
>The game arcs are repetitive as fuck
This. That's the reason why they had other arcs inbetween the games. The entire series would've otherwise been Mega Man fighting robot master after robot master and that would get old very quickly.

The first half of Mega Man 3 was the most boring arc in the whole series.
>>
>>92104532
That's really on the writer trying to stay as "accurate" as possible. If the comic wasn't trying to show every stage and the gimmicks and each 1v1 encounter, it would have the freedom to approach these plots in unique ways.
>>
>>92104439
>>92104532
>>92104660

I thought the Mega Man 3 arc was pretty decent.

So anyway... Speaking realistically, is there any chance at all of this comic actually coming back? I heard that part of the reason it ended was because Archie couldn't afford to have so many series running at once.

So, maybe now that the Sonic comic is ending they might consider bringing Mega Man back?
>>
>>92104835
>is there any chance at all of this comic actually coming back
No.
>>
>>92104835
Sadly, no. It's not just a matter of Archie having too many comics (or if that was even an issue,) it's also a huge deal on Capcom's part to rebrand the entire franchise. They're banking to some degree on the new cartoon that's coming out to become a big damn deal and I'm assuming they don't want the comics--which are more faithful adaptations of the game content-- to confuse the new fanbase I imagine they're trying to attract.

I can't think of anything aside from Young Justice and *maybe* technically the Bruce Timm Batman stuff being a big factor in Justice league even after The Batman was on air, where the creators would see that one version of their franchise bombs, so they bring back the original. They'd just assume the franchise isn't working at all in their current form.
>>
File: MM Honey Woman Plant Man 9792.png (67KB, 1437x889px) Image search: [Google]
MM Honey Woman Plant Man 9792.png
67KB, 1437x889px
>>92103797
Vesper Woman a cute.

>>92105217
Sadly, I think this is accurate. I'm not sure if it was poor sales after the terrible 2nd crossover or just Capcom wanting to pull the plug, but it's unlikely we'll see an Archie return. Capcom likely pulled out just to do their own thing, and I doubt they'll be back even if the Megamize Me cartoon flops.
>>
This comic was a great adaptation of the Mega Man story. The O.C.s were cool and the slight changes to the original story were great. I'm bummed it ended.
>>
>>92103682
>teasing us with all those parts of 5's robots
Its not fair.
>>
File: Guts.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Guts.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>92105217
>"They don't like 'It's Mega Time', I guess no one just likes Mega Man anymore. Time to ed it forever."
>>
File: Megaman Go Go.jpg (65KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman Go Go.jpg
65KB, 600x359px
>>92106450
Don't be silly. They'll just release another mobile spinoff, like XOver.
>>
They're decent, I guess. In terms of non-game content though, the big two bands and Gigamix are much better.
>>
File: 478 .2.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
478 .2.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
>>92103797
>>92105311
>Vesper Woman a cute.
true
wish we saw more of her but alas
>>
>>92107181
>Pollinator and botanical cataloguing
Oh, I'd pollinator.

And Vesper giving sass to Blues was great.
>>
>>92104835
>So, maybe now that the Sonic comic is ending they might consider bringing Mega Man back?
The fact that the trade releases for Mega Man got cancelled tells me that either they no longer have the license or they stopped caring.
>>
>>92107181

>>92107259
>And Vesper giving sass to Blues was great.
and he really deserved that
>>
>>92107944
seriously Blues
>>
File: 1482737439565.png (120KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482737439565.png
120KB, 400x400px
>>92102479
An open letter to the President of Campcom

Dear Honorable CEO,

Please put complete artistic control of the Mega Man Franchise into the hands of the American rock group 'The Protomen'.

Signed, some nerd.
>>
>>92107886
Probably the latter. They were still releasing trades for Worlds Unite up until the Sonic comic's hiatus put the last trade on hold.
>>
File: 1492198616468.png (179KB, 540x522px) Image search: [Google]
1492198616468.png
179KB, 540x522px
>>92108092
How about no?
>>
>>92108121
Shit sucks. They only had four trades left for Mega Man.
>>
>>92103797
>>92107181

Protoman is not for shipping.
>>
>>92103492
Kek, that Phoenix Wright's hair is like a mix between Phoenix, Apollo and Miles (with the bangs on the side)
>>
>>92108314
Technically, they probably didn't have the rights to use Phoenix, so he's just a "Phoenix Wright but not really" character.
>>
>>92108395
>Blue character with spiky head in a video game adaptation
Who else could it be?
>>
>>92108450
Exactly. That's how they were able to use the character without the license. He technically isn't Phoenix and doesn't quite look like Phoenix, but it's a similar enough character in design and intent that the Capcom fans (the primary audience for the Mega Man comics) would get who he is intended to be.
>>
File: MM9bosses.png~original bigger.png (1MB, 1918x1368px) Image search: [Google]
MM9bosses.png~original bigger.png
1MB, 1918x1368px
>>92108395
probably
Vesper Woman exists because they weren't allowed to use the actual Honey Woman
>>
>>92108585
>tfw you like the concepts of both Ocean Man and Honey Woman more than you like Splash Woman
>But if we had gotten the concepts, we would be denied Hornet Man, who is pretty cool

Conflicted

The concept versions of Jewel and Galaxy Man are both cooler than what we got, too
>>
File: MM - Honey glasses.png (289KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MM - Honey glasses.png
289KB, 600x600px
>>92108585
Vesper Woman is likely a slightly different story.

Capcom likely did not want them using the Honey Woman name at all, because it referred to the original prototype. But they didn't seem to mind them using the Honey Woman design - the two are nearly identical. Archie calling the design "Vesper Woman" would avoid the confusion as the design would be tied to a name which is specifically not one of Capcom's original characters, so they would likely be fine with it.
>>
File: 1452743004967.png (212KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452743004967.png
212KB, 480x640px
>>92108671
only a dual boss of Ocean man / Splash Woman and Honey Woman / Hornet Man could fix that

but yeah. really liked the design for Ocean Man and Honey Woman
>>
>>92103158
The comics were cancelled because Archie couldn't afford it.
Which is why Sonic is being cancelled now too.
>>
File: you'll never get to meet blues.jpg (428KB, 910x1400px) Image search: [Google]
you'll never get to meet blues.jpg
428KB, 910x1400px
>>92107998

I don't know m8, Blues has a pretty valid existencial fear of being altered to the core of his being, choosing suicide by neglect before even risking turning into another person.

He overreacted to Megaman's existence, sure, but "being replaced" is also a fairly reasonable assumption since in the end he's aware that he's a machine and therefore a replaceable tool in the eyes of humans. The hilariously awful timing of his return to the house of Light didn't help things either, so the outrage is again kind of justified.

>Did you stop to consider that he built a brother and sister FOR you? So that when you came home you'd never be lonely again?

I'm pretty sure loneliness wasn't the reason he left his family to go die alone, also "when he returned"? He knew perfectly well that Blues ran off to certain death.

I'm all for a good laugh when talking about Angst Man, but the comic didn't really do a good job at countering his butthurt arguments. The worst part is usign Tempo as his "mirror", since Blues may or may not be right about how she should feel even more outranged than him because of actually being altered, but we'll never know because the current Tempo is already the altered one and the original is forever lost.
>>
>>92108911
He knew perfectly well that Blues ran off to certain death.
We're talking about Dr.Light, the eternal optimist. He may have known that, but he likely always held out hope that Blues would return.
>>
>>92108963
Whoops, forgot my green meme arrow. Oh well.
>>
>>92108820
I thought that Sonic was getting cancelled due to Penders encouraging other ex-Archie writers to sue Archie and Sega. Sega just had it, and pulled the entire line.
>>
>>92108963

We'll you're right about that, it IS something Doctor Thomas "let's create robots capable of terminating mankind and hope that three easily removable laws and the power of love keeps them in line" Light.

Still, by the point he made Megaman even he must have realized that his core had gone ded by that point.
>>
Roll is cute. CUTE
>>
File: MegaManArchie5_Xref.jpg (113KB, 799x465px) Image search: [Google]
MegaManArchie5_Xref.jpg
113KB, 799x465px
>>92109033
One of the things I liked about the comic was that it tackled issues like this. Blue's existential crisis, Dr. Lilande's emotional reprogramming of Quake Woman. And Dr. light explicitly saying that Rock and the Robot masters don't have free will, but we wants to eventually create robots who do.
>>
>>92108519
I know about that jazz, it's how Sonic isn't allowed to have relatives anymore, but Chuck is "uncle to everyone", I just pointed out that Phoenix is similar to Sonic. He even has red and yellow sidekicks.
>>
>>92109100
There was a while exchange between Rock and Needle man talking about the difference in their programming, and not having a choice but to cause destruction. The comic tackled pretty deep philosophical topics while keeping the shiny cartoon finish
>>
File: 32204593_p0.png (2MB, 1172x1224px) Image search: [Google]
32204593_p0.png
2MB, 1172x1224px
>>92108585
>>92108731
>Vesper Woman is pretty cool, but why isn't it Honey Woman when the design is seemingly based on it?

>Ian Flynn
>We weren't allowed to use the Honey Woman design.

seems it really was the design they couldn't use
>>
>>92109108
>I know about that jazz, it's how Sonic isn't allowed to have relatives anymore, but Chuck is "uncle to everyone"
...No, that's entirely different.

It always gets me how people on /co/ say baseless shit like
>>92108820
and generally seem to misunderstand how comics work.
>>
>>92108092
They're to edgy for me. I don't get the appeal of the future they built in their music. It's a done to death cyberpunk dystopia with a thin veneer of Mega Man stretched across it. It's basically just a knock off drama with relation to the canon ending with names.

The Megas, on the other hand, take the greater fiction and do something with it. I don't always agree with what they do (history repeating pt2 showed them taking real artistic license and it was their weakest album by far) but at least they stick with what the games are about. I've met them at MAGfest and attended their panel on their song writing process and watched their set. They're pretty big dicks desu and they basically let things get away from them. After listening to them talk about what they do, their first album being so solid was a fluke.
>>
File: oragami man references.png (797KB, 1341x536px) Image search: [Google]
oragami man references.png
797KB, 1341x536px
One of my favorite robot masters
>>
Man, I gotta download this entire thing and read it. Looks good.
>>
>>92109211
I would too. If you find a good collection of it, would you please link it?
>>
File: Mega-Man-43-Needle-Man-03.jpg (288KB, 700x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Man-43-Needle-Man-03.jpg
288KB, 700x1077px
>>92109140
If you think about the implications, and flash forward to the future, there are deep waves made. X was the first reploid, a robot with free will, but still bound by the 3 laws. Mavericks were robots who, after being infected with a Virus, did not have to follow those laws (and could and did harm humans because of it). The Maverick hunters were created by Humans to destroy the reploid who went rogue, the first robots who had true free will, not bound by any programming or laws.

Essentially X was a Slave Bounty Hunter who captured or killed any robot who was truly free. Sigma was the true hero of the X series, wanting to free his brothers bound in chains by their masters.
>>
>>92109240
Wait, I thought X didn't have the laws, but was just pod-raised to be a good guy
>>
>>92109100
>>92109140
They didn't really have a good contrast, so I felt that it really wasn't a good example. They certainly tried to bring it up - the whole point of the classic Mega Man series was that Rock had free will while a lot of other robots just carried out their programming - but with all the Robot Masters apparently having desires and emotions, the comparison really didn't work. You end up with stuff like Needle Man, who is different than Mega Man "because programming" and so Mega Man's self-conflict is supposed to resolve around Light just not being a massive restrictive douche with his robot programming.

I mean, if you had robots which didn't respond like people and clearly didn't have minds, then Rock comparing himself to them and questions about free will would make more sense. But actually looking at the characters, it seems more a critique on forcing commands onto the characters and the whole free-will discussion seems like it was just thrown in there to fit the common themes in classic Mega Man, as opposed to something which really meshed with the series.
>>
>>92109240
This has been basically the collective understanding of the fandom for a while now. X and Zero are heroes of "justice" but they're still the bad guys, in the big picture.

>>92109287
X does have free will, but Dr. Light put him in status for 30 years of ethical testing/shaping to ensure that he would be a good guy when he was active.

But then something happened and X was lost and activated a long, long time later and that's the X games.
>>
What's /co/'s opinion on the Dreamwave comics?
>>
>>92109347
Link us and we'll tell you
>>
>>92109287
X and Zero did have free will, and did not have the laws, but the rest of the reploid who were based on X's design but not raised in Pods, did have the laws installed. Being a Maverick means that you have hurt humans.
>>
>>92109377
I can't find the entire series so just read this
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_(Dreamwave_Productions)
>>
>>92109377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPtXvUBrZI
>>
File: Image.jpg (58KB, 577x256px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
58KB, 577x256px
>>92109100
The Archie version of Blues apparently does have free will, however. Or at least a limited version of it, which I suppose wouldn't be free will, but he's more free than the other Robot Masters.
He describes himself in a way very similar to how X describes himself.
>>
>>92109175
Except it's true.
Archie's bleeding money.
>>
>>92109240
>X was the first reploid,
No, the first robot made based on X is the first Reploid. X and Zero are technically Robot Masters.
Technically, so are all the Reploids. Reploids are called such BECAUSE they're based on X.
>>
>>92109192
See here; I'm an artsy fucking faggot. And these guys are a bunch of art schoolers. You get where I'm going. I really like the distopian vibe; but that comes from someone who never really liked the 'little boy robot' vibe from the games. After seeing these guys in concert, it's hard to ever use the word 'edgy' to describe what they do. Campy, for sure. Their live shows are coated in liberal sarcasm and it feels like they're having as much fun with the 80s cheese as everyone else is; despite the clear elements of a tragedy in the making.

And in regards to the Megas; I appreciate the differences. I LIKE having variety in my mega man nerd rock. I fucking dig the cannon and their own sound, which is completely different. It's a shame they're dicks though.
>>
>>92109471

The distance between Blues and X's senses of self are probably the same, the thing that made X super advanced was his abilty to develop his own morality organically and in a way that doesn't allow for it to be altered externally.

There's also the fact that Blues kind of went against the second and third laws by disobeying Light and choosing death.
>>
>>92109521
>technically Robot Masters
but robot masters don't have free will. x and zero are androids
>>
>>92109622
>liberal sarcasm
so, edgy.
>>
>>92103682
Bass never getting his moment is a travesty.
>>
>>92103682
>>92109795
indeed it is
>>
>>92109491
Yeah anon, they're bleeding so much money they decided to burn the rest of the copies they already printed instead of selling them to recoup losses. And it just HAPPENED to occur when the license was up for renewal and they found themselves in another lawsuit. It's a money thing, not a license thing, which is why they've directly acknowledged they're still in talks with Sega. What would we do without your awesome deduction skills you moron?
>>
>>92110070
>it's a money thing, not a license thing
I just said that. They're too poor to afford shit.
>>
File: file.png (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
189KB, 1920x1080px
I modeled Vesper Woman once
>>
>>92109918
Was dying to see Bass in the comics not a crossover with time travel shit but is official appearance gets canceled.
>>
>>92110138
If that was the case they wouldn't be countersuing Narrative Ark or trying to negotiate the situation with Sega. If it was a money problem they wouldn't be offering the Sonic freelancers jobs on other books in the interim. If it was money they would have cut the books at the end of the fiscal quarter, like Boom and Mega Man. If it was money they wouldn't have even bothered resoliciting the first time.

Use your brain, you ninny.
>>
>>92110339
At least he managed to show up.
>>
>>92110256
neat
>>
>>92109918
>>92110339
not even getting to his game or getting an actual introduction. that crossover just can't compare
>>
File: Rolllll.png (843KB, 1038x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Rolllll.png
843KB, 1038x1450px
>>92109099
water is wet

finished this like 5 minutes ago
>>
>>92108585

>>92110256
pretty nice anon
>>
>>92110256
Model Origami Man next please
>>
>>92110907
Looks great. Nice use of colors.
>>
>>92109346
>This has been basically the collective understanding of the fandom for a while now. X and Zero are heroes of "justice" but they're still the bad guys, in the big picture.

If you're fucking retarded like every "_______ villain was right" memer
>>
File: dr.light.jpg (95KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
dr.light.jpg
95KB, 750x600px
>>92111082
Wily was right.
>>
>>92110472
We didn't even get him and Treble fusing even though the crossover gave a nod to that for Rock and Rush in the crossover.
>>
>>92111176
>Dr. Weil steals a robot body, creates a program to control it, sets the program loose to control other robots, destroys most of the planet
>OH WOW WELL IF YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO TAKE OVER THEN WHY DID THEY MAKE THE ROBOTS?
That's literally DSP levels of retard.
>>
File: 1445459140681.png (2MB, 1029x1713px) Image search: [Google]
1445459140681.png
2MB, 1029x1713px
>>92111176
>Wily was right.
sure. isn't he always?
>>
File: 1493881367201.jpg (71KB, 680x794px) Image search: [Google]
1493881367201.jpg
71KB, 680x794px
>>92109783
You strike me as someone who doesn't like fun shit. Have a (you).
>>
>>92109175
It's literally the same tap dancing around the legal barriers.

>Let's make this character who looks like Phoenix Wright, does what Phoenix Wright does, but never say he's Phoenix Wright xD
>Let's say Uncle Chuck is Sonic's uncle because he's uncle to everyone and just never confirm if he's actually related to Sonic or not xD
>>
>>92111529
>never confirm
but they did confirm. he's not actually sonic's uncle in the new timeline but he's seen as an uncle to to main cast because he basically raised them after Eggman took over the kingdom.
>>
>>92110907
aw shit I fucked up back there, got this tab confused with /mmg/ and I can't delete the art anymore.
Hope no one will mind though.
>>
>>92109240
This page is pretty damn good.
>>92109347
It was storytined a while ago; kinda like the cartoon, in that they aped Astro Boy HARD with the "heroic boy robot goes to school!" bit. Also, Dr Light was kind of a Gary Stu, always outsmarting Wily all the damn time to a slightly ludicrous level.
>>
>>
File: Short_Circuits_55.jpg (2MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Short_Circuits_55.jpg
2MB, 1987x3056px
>>92111296
at least he still doesn't have it as bad as Mega Man Volnutt
>>
>>92111516

Honestly, Megaman was a fucking bore to watch do stuff. The real fun was seeing the wilybots broing it up.
>>
>>92111296
He was going to fuse with Metal Sonic in the first crossover but either Sega or Capcom (Forget which) said no.
>>
>>92104439

>Great Tier:
MM1 Adaptation + Powered Up
Protoman's Origin arc
World Collide
Ra Moon Arc
That one issue where Break Man confronts Quake Woman
The issue where Mega Man has to deal with the RM choosing to shut down.

>Good Tier:
MM3 Adaptation
MM2 Adaptation
Blues becomes Proto Man issue
The issue with Dr. Light and the two Detectives

>Meh Tier:
Spiritus Ex Machina
The single-issue girls team up (Had cute Tempo moments but later issues did it better)
Rock of Ages & Last Issue (Can't be really be considered stories, but are amusing at least for reference-sake)

>Awful Tier:
X Tie-ins
Worlds Unite
Everything Xander related post-Spiritus Ex Machina
>>
>>92109521
This.

A lot of people forget its in the goddamn name. Reploid = Replicant Android.
>>
>>92113876
>Last issue
>Here's a bunch of splash pages showing all the stuff that will never be made into a comic
That was a shitty way to end the series. Let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>92111529
A character being an amalgam of two characters from a different series as a reference is very different from calling a character de facto family since your bosses don't want them to be related.

That's like saying cheating on a test and tax fraud are the same. Yeah, you're being dishonest in both cases, but that's about it.
>>
>>92113657
Volnutt is suffering
>>92113807
I actually would like to have seen that
>>
>>92113955
the last issue dangles on the edge of the Meh Tier, only saved by seeing Legends and ZX drawn.

But it can be moved from meh to bad at leisure. My point is that is not good either way. Everything else should be in working order
>>
>>92113876
I'd push Ra Moon down to good (The art is awful), Rock and Blues' final issues (the Mega Man 4 lead-in and Blues becoming Protoman) up to great, and Ice Man's crush on Roll and the final issue to awful. Otherwise spot-on.
>>
>>92114082
I'd lower the Ice man's crush issue lower but its side-story was the one with Dr. Light & the Detective which was pretty neat and at least had some decent Tempo moments. so, at worse I'd put it at Meh Tier
>>
>>92113955
I remember when Ian pretended this was some kind of incredible artsy send up that was better than getting one last issue to play with the cast.

It's funny, because if he really gave that much of a shit, he could have done an unofficial post-mortem with Bates.
>>
>>92114007
>>92114082
Here's my list.

>Great
Mega Man 1 and 2
Every issue that focuses on Blues/Proto Man
Ra Moon
Worlds Collide

>Okay/Meh
Time Keeps Slipping
Spiritus Ex Machina
Rock of Ages
Filler issues
Mega Man 3

>Shit
Dawn of X
Worlds Unite
Final issue
>>
>like a year's worth of issues being Sonic crossover focused
goddammit
>>
File: SuperSonicShot.jpg (23KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
SuperSonicShot.jpg
23KB, 250x231px
>>92114172
>>92114082
>>92114007
>>92113955
>>92113876

Can we all agree while Worlds Unite was trash (with the exception of maybe Sticks) Worlds Collide was probably one of the best stuff in both Archie Sonic and Archie Mega Man?

>Wow Factor
>Pretty decent plot that can be read by both comci followers and people who like Sonic and/or Mega Man without much knowledge of the books.
>Great lines
>Pretty good references
>Eggman & Wily being the best evil bros.
>Almost everyone gets decent spotlight and if not, at least get one amusing line.
>Eggman being a cold motherfucker and dropping Light to his death
>Only a couple of issues having bad art, unlike Worlds Unite which had 80% of terrible art.
>Ben Bates amazing panel with all Robot Masters
>Ben Bates' art in general
>Super Sonic and Super Mega wrecking shit.
>>
The whole thing reads like fan fiction from a writer that doesnt even like the thing hes writing about. Not good.
>>
>>92114311
7 issues. You still got 48 (4 full years).
>>
>>92114334
Not really. The first 8 issues ranged from mediocre to bad. The last 4 were great, but only being 1/3 good isn't impressive. Heck, Unite had two good issues (first half of the multiverse meet and greet and the Sonic Battle Book) and two okay/kinda good ones (second half of the multiverse team up and the MM Battle Book). It's nearly the same ratio of good/bad, it's just that Collide had better art for its boring parts and didn't have a crappy ending.
>>
>>92114340
Try again, Ian was putting a lot of attention into the series and in one of the pre-cancellation threads he said he had the plot lined up to 6.
>>
>>92114618
It still reads like disingenuous fan fiction. Sorry.
>>
>>92114692
How would you write a Megaman comic then?
>>
>>92114618
Not them, but what you're saying isn't mutually exclusive to their point. Ian put a lot of thought in, but a lot of it felt like an outsider's perspective. Like, the way he forced the "Green Biker Dude" joke is similar to if a character in Sonic just randomly said "It's no use!" And that's the entire joke. No further context, they just said the thing that's a meme.
>>
The best /co/ megaman character
>>
>>92103273
I loved Ariga's Mega Man. I've reread the entire series at least three times since I bought the trades.

I actually just bought my second Capcom manga title from Udon over the weekend - Darkstalkers/Red Earth: Maleficarum. I was hoping for something a bit more substantial, but it was mostly just good for the art. Mami Itou explains in the afterwords for each that they sprung the Red Earth project on her without giving her anything more than a character bible and two or three rounds of gameplay at the game's reveal at a gaming expo to go on and it shows. The game wasn't even out in arcades for two months after the series was published. She made it out like the Darkstalkers bits were fan comics she'd made for fun that Capcom took an interest in and, as a big Darkstalkers fan, she was giddy for them offering to publish them professionally.

Despite my disappointment with the Red Earth story jumping around so much and ending abruptly, the collection was worth a read and it got me to finally download the Darkstalkers games on PSN. I'd like to check out the Udon comic series next, but haven't heard anything about it on here.
>>
>>92103601

That literally would have taken half a decade.
>>
>>92103797

>Vesper Woman
>>
>>92114334
I will never understand why they decided that Super Mega Man in Worlds Unite should spontaneously morph into the Rush Super Adapter form when it didn't even exist yet and he wasn't even fused with Rush to begin with.
>>
>>92109146
It's strange to me that Capcom cares anything about enforcing rules when they probably aren't going to make any more Megaman games anyways.
>>
>>92109347
Bugs the hell out of me that Megaman flies everywhere with rocket boots. He has NEVER been able to do that.
>>
File: 12.jpg (119KB, 590x867px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
119KB, 590x867px
>>92114334
>Great lines
>Eggman & Wily being the best evil bros.
>>
>>92116743

Ian actually talked about, it was a licensing thing.
>>
>>92117465
They were forced to, huh? I didn't know that.
I know Ian wanted to do Super X but couldn't.
>>
File: Worry.jpg (62KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
Worry.jpg
62KB, 704x478px
Is there a mega link to these comics floating around? I really want to get into them but I'm very poor right now.

Could an anon help another anon out?
>>
>>92118307
Not that I know of. /mmg/ just links an online veiwer.
>>
>>92116094
The sonic comics were around for decades, and Mega Man just got a few short years. A few extra years to finish that era wouldn't have been asking for so much.
>>
>>92110256
Are you the BN3D guy?
>>
>>92103682
Fuck paul and those interns from that kickstarter backfire. We probably be on six by now.
>>
>>92113876
>Great tier
>World Collide
>Awful tier
>Worlds Unite
Literally what the fuck happened.
>>
File: 1452750631753.png (278KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
1452750631753.png
278KB, 600x312px
>>
>>92114518
Wily Eggman bromance is gold throughout.
>>
>>92120890
>Literally what the fuck happened.
Character interactions.

Worlds Collide was great due to how everyone played off one another. Sonic and Mega Man didn't get along initially (they were tricked into fighting at first) and so they end up ribbing each other and making unintended jokes towards the readers. Wily and Eggman got along great and were working at backstabbing each other. The run had the chance to show off character similarities, but also character differences: Rock being more prepared, Sonic being more willing to jump right in, Wily being more for his glory while Eggman just wanted to ruin everything.

Also, the "main" fights were against the robotized main Sonic cast (quick fanservice), and they were all benched so that it was just Sonic/Tails/Rock/Rush for the majority of the comic.

By contrast, Worlds Unite tried to shove everyone into the main spotlight at once. So you had Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Sticks, Mega Man, Rush, and several others all running around as a group. There was hardly any back-and-forth interplay. The Sonic side of things also remembered what happened during Worlds Collide, so it was just "Oh hey remember that time..." and then they just started acting like they did before. Wily and Eggman hardly had any interaction, both trying to backstab Sigma since he was forcing them both into labor. Most of the character interaction apparently happened during the side-comics: Knuckles had a comic with Proto Man, and Sticks had a silly one with Roll, but none of those happened during the "main" Worlds Unite story.

Also, the ending just ended up bring in a bunch of other Capcom characters for a single issue just so they could make the claim of it being a massive crossover, despite most only getting a panel or two of any screentime.
>>
>>92120922
If you're easily entertained, yeah.
All they do for the first eight issues is just jerk each other off. The relationship doesn't get interesting until it starts falling apart.
>>
>>92120890
>>92121250
So, basically:

Worlds Collide had a small list of main characters, characters which played off one another, had an interesting premise with the Sonic characters getting turned into Robot Masters. Also, it felt free to throw in jokes and references for the audience.

Worlds Unite had a huge list of main characters. They glossed over the "how do they remember each other now" bits and just had everyone suddenly recall, or it not mattering. The premise was just "X and Sigma show up and take over everything" and was not as interesting. Also, Unite promised a mass crossover but that turned out to be around five pages. And the fights were boring, too.
>>
Ya know what they should have done?

Just set it after the games. No adaptations, just assume the reader knows the characters and story already.

Its not like there aren't a million ways to play them by now anyway.
>>
>>92121369
More or less, but what really sank it was that the overall writing and art quality for the first 2/3 was WAY worse. Like holy fuck, several characters were outright traced from official art at points.
>>
>>92121352
There were a lot of references and the occasional joke (Your Shadow Man or my Shadow Man?) which kept things entertaining. Plus, the way they were acting, you just knew they were working to backstab one another. It was just a matter of waiting to see it all fall apart.

>>92121398
>Just set it after the games.
Eh...

Even ignoring that Capcom might not have been that interested in such an idea, I'm not sure how well that would've worked. A Mega Man comic where he just wanders around town, taking care of minor trouble, and spending time with other Robot Masters? That likely would not have been very popular with the fanbase. For one, the random-life-adventures during the actual comic run weren't always that good. For two, most people honestly read a Mega Man comic for Mega Man blasting enemy robots. Sure, we can talk about how good the character development is, but most people would not have been interested if it was just Rock's Daily Adventures.

I think that some sort of "non-canon" Wily story would've been better, one where he shows up and does something with a group of RMs. Perhaps he runs to the arctic and takes over all the ice-focused Robot Masters, or makes his own new set. Perhaps he is trying something with time travel, and so he got his hands on the various time manipulation robots? The idea is to give the writers some more control over what Wily is doing and how to frame the story, more than they could when they were relying on each game independently.
>>
>>92121629

>I think that some sort of "non-canon" Wily story would've been better, one where he shows up and does something with a group of RMs. Perhaps he runs to the arctic and takes over all the ice-focused Robot Masters, or makes his own new set. Perhaps he is trying something with time travel, and so he got his hands on the various time manipulation robots? The idea is to give the writers some more control over what Wily is doing and how to frame the story, more than they could when they were relying on each game independently.

Thats what I mean. You have the game cast, you have all the RMs already established, go nuts. Create new stories. Have Wily come up with new schemes. Don't limit yourself to adaptations.
>>
>>92121504
>the overall writing and art quality for the first 2/3 was WAY worse
Oh good god yes.

I'm not sure about the writing specifically, but something was terribly wrong. The plot is just terrible, the pacing bad, the characters hardly interact, and most of the interesting bits were regulated to side comics which most people didn't read. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the storyboarding or what, but something was absolutely terrible and it just didn't work at all.

And the art was awful. I hinted at this for the fight scenes, but both the panel layout and the drawings themselves just looks rushed. Like, Worlds Collide had these big long panels to show off high places, or large panels to just show a lot of chaotic action. Worlds Unite preferred a lot of small panels to fit a bunch of different things happening, and it all felt a lot weaker. And the individual character art just didn't look as good, either.
>>
>>92121784

>I'm not sure if it was the writing or the storyboarding or what, but something was absolutely terrible and it just didn't work at all.

Betcha it was Paul. He ran the whole thing more than Ian. And made sure his precious Xander was front and center.
>>
>>92121704
I'd say you still want to introduce characters and plot elements. Don't just assume that the audience knows what is going on already - that's a big falling, especially with large comics and franchises.

But sure, take what is already there and make a new story based off it. Perhaps Wily turned his Yellow Devil into a Robot Master? Sure, that would be an interesting story, and you wouldn't need to explain too much: just how dangerous the Yellow Devil was, and then you can focus just on what is currently happening.
>>
>>92121784
>>92121854
Ian's got a history of halfassing stories he doesn't wanna write. WU's writing is literally "All of our dialogue will service the plot, no more or less." He doesn't even try to be funny or interesting until the Street Fighter characters show up.
>>
File: 13.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
>>92120890
>Happened too soon after the first crossover
>Shitty artwork for half of it
>Introduced Genesis Portals as a cheap plot device that managed to stick in around in the Sonic series for some reason before they suddenly stop mentioning them
>Included the Deadly Six, a group of villains everybody disliked
>Half of the classic Mega Man cast isn't there because it's now just after Mega Man 3
>Introduces Gemerl out of nowhere a character who had only ever appeared in a handheld game from ten years ago and was never mentioned in the comic before yet acted as if you should know what the fuck he is
>Xander Payne is in this crossover
>Shadow gets killed for no reason
>Nobody has any reaction to Shadow dying
>Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver from Sonic Boom are part of the main cast even though they do fuck all for this whole thing
>Fuses Mega Man and Sonic's worlds together and then proceeds to have the rest of the arc take place in the sky
>Special issues with side stories that are better than the main issues
>This page
>Introduces a fuckton of characters from other franchises in the last few issues just because and aside from the Street Fighter cast, they all serve no purpose to the story
>Rehashes Worlds Collide's ending of Super Sonic and Super Mega Man wailing on the big bad
>The whole arc was a prophecy for Xander Payne to go back in time and stop it from happening
And that's only the tip of the iceberg. This shit was a mess.
>>
>>92122235

>Xander Payne is in this crossover
>Shadow gets killed for no reason
>The whole arc was a prophecy for Xander Payne to go back in time and stop it from happening

All Paul's fault.

>Nobody has any reaction to Shadow dying

Because Ian knew that no one reading it would ever really believe he'd stay dead.
>>
>>92122340
>All Paul's fault.
I'm sure this entire thing was on him. Thank god he left afterwards.

>Because Ian knew that no one reading it would ever really believe he'd stay dead.
Of course but it's just odd that the characters would barely acknowledge it. It'd be better to have Shadow not appear at all.
>>
>>92122235
What really gets me is that Ian nailed a few of the crossover properties and absolutely fucking failed at others.

Like, he did a great job with Alex Kidd and Viewtiful Joe, but every single appearance of Issun and Amaterasu had some kind of mistake and the Panzer Dragoon segment was fucking shit that completely misses what makes that franchise cool just to put focus on Rotor and a Maverick.
>>
>>92122456
They kinda had more important things to deal with than grieving for the lost.
>>
>>92122456
>I'm sure this entire thing was on him.
Please don't do that.
Even with the guidelines he was given, Ian dropped the ball here. He failed to even make the mess entertaining, which you very well can do even if all you have control over is the dialogue.
>>
>>92122235
>Introduces Gemerl out of nowhere a character who had only ever appeared in a handheld game from ten years ago and was never mentioned in the comic before yet acted as if you should know what the fuck he is
I see no problem in this. The reboot heavily implies that the new timeline is more closely related to the games, and that the events of most if not all of them had already happened.
I see no problem with characters showing up that by all means should actually exist. The events of Sonic Battle and Sonic Advance 3 happened, so Gemerl exists.
Otherwise it would take years of retreading old stories to reintroduce old characters. Just let them exist.
>>
>>92122456
>It'd be better to have Shadow not appear at all.
Then you'd have people saying "well where was Team Dark during the whole mess?"
>>
File: 09.jpg (873KB, 1970x1321px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
873KB, 1970x1321px
>>92122834
The problem isn't that he exists. The problem is that it just expects you to have played Sonic Advance 3 and know who he is. If he showed up in the comic earlier and had a proper introduction, then that'd be fine. Instead, this is literally how he is introduced into the comic.

While all these references to obscure games are cool, they also tend to forget that there are kids reading these comics who never played these games and have no idea what this thing is.
>>
>>92122889
They were looking for Eclipse.

>Where were the Chaotix?
>Where were the Babylon Rogues?
>Where were Naugus and Wendy?
You could ask that question about any other character that wasn't in the crossover and the answer always is they were doing something else.
>>
>>92122974

This was typical with how Flynn wrote the reboot universe StH issues, though.

Characters who had previously been exclusive to Sega games would show up like they'd always been there and there'd be an editor's note saying "For further details, play Sonic Riders!"

Because all the games were part of the reboot universe timeline, we just never saw any of their events.

It wasn't very intuitive to the reading experience, because even the biggest Sonic fan hasn't played ALL the fucking games.
>>
>>92123118
Yeah, it's a problem I had with the reboot in general. Relic was the worst case. She's not even from a game and she just pops in like it's nothing.

Introducing a new character during a crossover is a fucking weird decision and the story wouldn't have been any different if he wasn't there.
>>
>>92102479
it's literally the best fucking comic book series i've ever read. still salty they cancelled it
>>
>>92121250
>>92121369

I still can't believe the real reason why we got so little of the massive crossover is because they got the licenses but only restricted to 6 out of all the issues. What's the point of using them at all by then?
>>
>>92122565
Worlds Collide was smart by making it so only game canon characters were important. That way you can juggle the cast way easier AND you make it so the story itself can easily work stand-alone for new readers (Heck, from what I heard WC DID attract new readers to Sonic more than anything done post-reboot)

Worlds Unite already hard to juggle the Sonic game cast, the Mega Man game cast and add Sticks and the Mega Man X cast. but also thought it'd be smart to this time keep all the Freedom Fighters and characters from the Mega Man comic as well. So already things were super bloated even before the other IPs even started showing up.

and it clearly shows Ian was probably half-assing it everything before the massive crossover cause Paul was dumb enough to only get the rights to the IPs with the rule of only being used for the last arc of the crossover, making everything rushed as hell and with very little interaction of spotlight for anyone.

I also feel they probably wanted to use Eggman Nega and Sigma for the villains, but SEGA still didn't want to bulge the Nega rights (seriously, what was their fucking problem?) because WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THE DEADLY FUCKING SIX WOULD BE AN INTERESTING ADDITION TO SIGMA?
>>
>>92123646
>I also feel they probably wanted to use Eggman Nega and Sigma for the villains, but SEGA still didn't want to bulge the Nega rights

This will forever fucking escape me:

>SEGA let them use Mighty and Ray who the game branch have basically dismissed forever.
>Let them use Nack, bark and Bean
>Let them use the Sonic Rush pirates
>Let them use and redesign AOSTH and SatAM characters despite them not helping promote games
>Gmerl
>Wendy Witchcart and the KuKu Armada from the Tails games
>The goddam Black Arms

>But Eggman Nega was still a no-no

Fucking Why
>>
>>92109622
I thought you were mocking me for a second. I'm not saying the Protomen are bad. They're just not my thing. I agree, they probably didn't really get into the whole Astro boy side of Mega Man. I like dystopian fiction, but it feels like pandering when someone just grabs a few names to reference and writes their own stories. That said, they do have some pretty solid songs. My favorite is The Hounds.

I really like the Megas. I just don't ever want to meet them or see them live again. It really kills the illusion in a really TV sitcom flavor of cliche.
>>
>>92122834
The real crime is introducing Gemerl to have him instantly job.

Don't get me wrong, I think Megaman could take him, but it's not ideal for his first appearance.
>>
>>92118307
There totally was at some point and I even had it bookmarked, but it looks like the link isn't working anymore. That's what I get for putting things like that off...
>>
>>92123646
>>92123725
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Sega just want to forget Nega even exists
>>
>>92104151
theyve been doing sonic for over 2 fucking decades, theres still some untapped potential with megaman, and with mvc infinite dredging up some hype for X theyll have a decent window to capitolize on renewed interest for megaman and possibly start a seperate X comic.
>>
>>92107181
i fucking love that she calls out blues angsty bullshit
>>
>>92123646
>WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THE DEADLY FUCKING SIX WOULD BE AN INTERESTING ADDITION TO SIGMA?
Ian.

He drew up crude crayon sketches for their armors and everything.
>>
>>92127306
Except Mega Man never sold well, after 4 years and two crossovers. You don't just keep pouring money into a product that doesn't sell.
>>
>>92128315
I heard it had decent sales...
>>
>>92128299
Well it's not like he had a large pool of Sonic villains to choose from that would make sense in the story
>>
>>92123725
>Fucking Why
His origins. Even though Eggman Nega was confirmed to be from the future, there has not been a game to address his reasoning for messing with Blaze's world in the Rush games while being from a different timeline in Sonic's. And Sega doesn't want Archie to delve into it.

And since Sega hasn't made a Rush game in almost 10 years and Eggman Nega hasn't been a villain in a game's story since Rivals, which was also almost 10 years ago, Eggman Nega is most likely never going to be explored and forever left in limbo.
>>
>>92128975
>since Sega hasn't made a Rush game in almost 10 year

it's too bad. I miss the advance / rush series
Stopped caring for handheld sonic after they started being handheld versions of the console games and the sonic boom stuff

>Eggman Nega is most likely never going to be explored and forever left in limbo.
yup. most likely
>>
>>92121504

Also the artist for the middle four issues apparently didn't know how to draw clouds resulting in everything being a blue gradient void.
>>
File: 01opOwE[3].gif (846KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
01opOwE[3].gif
846KB, 540x540px
>>92119098
Yeap. Pic related is Sting Man and tweet related is Honey Woman. https://twitter.com/HeatPhoenix/status/830863764887044098

Only one I haven't done is Hornet Man himself.
>>
>>92111176
>>92111516
>>
File: 02v4.jpg (328KB, 655x1007px) Image search: [Google]
02v4.jpg
328KB, 655x1007px
Reminder this was an official variant cover for the comic's 50th issue.
>>
File: tfw this crossover.jpg (32KB, 409x420px) Image search: [Google]
tfw this crossover.jpg
32KB, 409x420px
I remember losing my shit when seeing Monster Hunter was getting included in WC.
>>
>>92130266
https://www.patrickthomasparnell.com/

He has it on his webpage as one of the main examples of his awesome art.
>>
File: MH2.jpg (308KB, 946x614px) Image search: [Google]
MH2.jpg
308KB, 946x614px
>>92130680
I knew they'd fuck it up and I was right. Manga, anime, porn, MH just can't exist in other mediums.
>>
>>92127256
Doing a poor job of it, since they made a comic about him.
>>
>>92130908
Don't forget movies
>>
>>92124458
What did the Megas do? I'm curious
>>
>>92130959
I think it might be cheesy but fun. An American take on MH, sort of like those commercials with the vikings.
>>
File: file.png (930KB, 539x841px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
930KB, 539x841px
>>92130685
God. Look at this shite
>>
>>92102479
I fucking love these comics.
>>
File: advert___enker__s_story.jpg (97KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
advert___enker__s_story.jpg
97KB, 600x877px
Mega Man had more comics than any other franchise back in the day. Sprite comics, webcomics, I read them all.
>>
>>92130685
>>92130983

Was Paul straight up embezzling money from Archie during Worlds Unite?
>>
>>92130983
Aside from his feet, the Zero is okay.

...that X, though...
>>
>>92103797
>>92107181
>>
>>92130266
wow seriously..
>>
>>92109521
Very technically, you are correct. However, by the time of probably x3 and definitely x4, "reploid" has become less a product name and more a species name. Any robot sufficiently advanced as to have free will is a Reploid, and by that point X himself identifies as one, despite being the "android" that was replicated! By the time of x7/8 it's ridiculous to claim that the new generation androids could possibly be built based solely on X's centuries-old design, yet they too are "Reploids."

tl;dr: You are technically correct but still a fag.
>>
>>92130983
Honestly, that's not too bad, but >>92130266 is just awful.
>>
>>92128975
They should just go back to saying Nega is from Blaze's world.

Rivals was crap anyway and no one gives a shit about Silver.
>>
>>92117359
>a comic book crossover
>villains always team up and accomplish great things
>heroes fight each other over the stupidest reasons like violent retards
>>
>>92134228
Because heroes feel like self-righteous assholes who think they are on the right side of the fight.
>>
>>92114334

If they REALLY wanted Worlds Unite, they should have made it an separate mini series out of continuity. And make that shit balls to the wall insane. You go for the gusto: Sigma uniting Worlds, you see other worlds affected from the start(shit like Metro City in Nightopia, Shadowloo's Base outside Station Square, Red Arremer busts into Castle Acorn, Ryu fights Ryu, Death Adder's forces ends up fighting Veiwtiful Joe).

You make this shit Sega Vs. Capcom, which was this damn thing was being hyped as.
>>
Don't forget: BATTLE BOOKS.
>>
>>92134544
It might have been easier if Ian didn't have to stuff all those characters into the last half of the crossover. I mean what the hell, was Archie being charged per issue or what?
>>
>Sigma literally regards Mega Man as a greater threat than X
Seriously, Sigma just ignores X the entire time and focuses on Sonic and Mega Man.
>>
>>92130266
When I first saw this, I assumed it was going for the "ironic" shit like with Mega Man 9.

Of course, one cannot return to the Arcadia of one's youth.
>>
>>92135474
Sega wouldn't let X go Super.

Which begs the question of why they didn't just use the hyper chip.
>>
File: Image.jpg (17KB, 172x216px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
17KB, 172x216px
>>92136882
Sega wouldn't? I thought it was Capcom.
But I'm talking about before then. He just never seems to pay any mind to X being there. Like when the four groups come together. He's watching them. He knows X is there, but doesn't seem to consider him a threat, focusing only on Sonic and Mega.
>>
Are Rock and Roll technically twins?
>>
>>92137590
They are siblings in the sense that they were both created by the same person which means they are also siblings with all of Light's robot masters.

Genetically, robots don't have genetics.
>>
>>92137664
Were they created at the same time?
>>
>>92137714
I'm not well versed enough in Mega Man lore to know the answer to that but considering their names are a pun on Rock and Roll, I'm going to assume yes.
>>
>>92137714
>>92137778
The lore is that Rock was created before Roll was. Protoman was created and left before Rock was built. Even though they have the naming thing going on, I've always thought Megaman was more of a brother to Protoman than Roll. Roll doesn't really feel like Protoman's sister.
>>
>>92137664
So is it incest if they're robots?
>>
>>92135040

I believe so. Well at least we got the Roboticized Masters.

>TFW we don't have a Worlds Collide OST
>>
>>92138407
>Sega will never buy Mega Man off of Capcom
>they will never tease a new game
>they will never reveal it to be a game version of Worlds Collide
>there will never be a game that is half Sonic, half Mega Man
>this will never be used as an excuse to springboard Mega Man 11 and so forth
>>
>>92138466

If Capcom & Sega would pull their head out their asses, this could be made. It would fucking sell.

>TFW Mega Man's 30th & Sonic's 25th could be Worlds Collide The Game
>>
>>92135474
Which is weird seeing as all his incarnations have a huge hate boner for X and Zero.
>>
>>92138665
We're already approaching Sonic's 26th.
>>
>>92128975
I don't get why they can't simply retcon him back to be an Alt Dimension Eggman. Blaze was in 06 in the future and she still was able to retcon that shit out of her backstory. Even today she is still marked as the princess from another dimension, not silver's friend in the future.
>>
>>92130680
>They didn't inject Gore with chaos energy and make him turn Shagaru Magala.

Disappointing.
>>
>>92141030
Just let sleeping dogs lie.
>>
>>92135040

Ian mentioned that the reason the Street Fighter characters showed up in shadows in the part 7 was because they only got the license for five issues.

So presumably yes.
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.