[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many anons love Daria?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6835.jpg (32KB, 267x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6835.jpg
32KB, 267x265px
It's a cartoon about a smug nihilistic girl who's "not like the other girls" and tries to hide her social awkwardness by looking down on everybody while being inferior to them in every way, and who's going to be an alchoholic cat lady by the age of 30.
Who else but teenage girls would identify with her?
>>
It was the first one to do it.
>>
i just want jane and daria to kiss and by putting up with all the shit that goes on in this shitty show i can at the very least imagine it
>>
I just wish I could watch the old version with the original music. Is it truly lost?
>>
>>92102156
Here's a restored version.
https://mega.nz/#F!I85CgQRB!wiXOHKNYxdIoVmS3swRYzQ
>>
>>92102156
Only the home video version has replaced music. I'm pretty sure the original music was intact when it ran on MTV Classic.
>>
>>92102013
>alchoholic cat lady by the age of 30.

she and her best friend end up as successful talk show hosts
>>
>>92102013
>The paintball episode where the man hater fucks the feminine councilor
>>
>>92102013
So much bitterness. Looks like the cartoon hit a nerve with somebody...
>>
>>92102013
Because she has autism. And ya know, autism and 4chan is the biggest romance ever written
>>
>>92102276
Who's nerve was this cartoon supposed to hit?
>>
>>92102256
Yeah, in a cartoon.
>>
File: daria.jpg (176KB, 550x585px) Image search: [Google]
daria.jpg
176KB, 550x585px
>>92102013
Us, because on our own way, we are so special and unique, and yet, we hate on people trying to be special snowflakes, not realizing that we too, are special people.
>>
>>92102013
Daria, stop posting and go back to watch Sick Sad World
>>
>>92102452
this
>>
>>92102013
You seem real stupid. First of all, you're ignoring the fact that the show itself checks Daria's privilege every once in awhile and doesn't just make her seem like she's right all the time. Second, your complaint is literally her character. That's who she is. The show isn't just about that, its about the characters interacting and the situations they get into. Third, you're obviously biased against the character by assuming that a person like that can't grow up and change and become anything more than a failure.

You sound like a close minded jack ass.
>>
>>92102013
>smug
kys
>>
>>92102217
Based
>>
imagine how messy and untrimmed her bush is
>>
>>92102013
>Who else but teenage girls would identify with her?

I don't identify with Daria (why should I), but I like the dry humor of the series.
When people say they love Daria they are most likely talking about the series, not the character itself.
>>
>>92102946
This.
>>
>>92102946
He's also forgetting the fact that almost everyone in the show aw themselves as BETTER than Daria because she's not "hot and popular". Sure, people like Brittany and Kevin were FRIENDLY to her, but those two, the Fashion Club, a majority of people thin they're better than Daria. Hell, don't her parents think there's something wrong with her because she's not social? I remember Brittany only invited Daria to her party because she helped her in Art class.

People here think Daria's personality is unjustified, but it's really not.
>>
>>92102024
This.
>>92102946
Also this.
>>
>>92102013
Because it was unfunny garbage

I mean you take one of the best cartoons and do a spinoff of one of the few character's who's lame.

Its like if south park did a spinoff based on kyle's mother or family guy doing a spin off peter's boss.

Beavis and Butthead will always be god tier.
>>
File: bad luck.png (119KB, 424x465px) Image search: [Google]
bad luck.png
119KB, 424x465px
>>92109125
>family guy
>it's like
>one of the best
>>
>>92109298
Yep even Brickleberry's better than Daria

One of these shows is capable of making you laugh, the other one's called Daria.
>>
>>92102013
I dunno, anon, why WOULD /co/mblr like Tumblr: The Cartoon?
>>
>>92109125
>Beavis and Butthead will always be god tier.

I think will never get Beavis and Butthead.
To me it's just stupid dumb humor.
Yeah, it was kind of revolutionary at the time, but that doesn't mean it was good.

I guess the answer is just humor is subjective, but B&B just seems so simpleminded...
>>
>>92109378
That's something you say if you only watched the first episodes. Daria is a wreck and get her shit told a lot of time through the serie, usually by people she deemed stupid until that. And since she's a cunt, she'll still treat them like shit afterward.
If you think Daria's the main attraction of the show you're completely wrong.
>>
>>92102013
Daria is basically the Bojack of its time.
>>
>>92110677
Fucking THIS
>>
>>92102013
Autists could relate to it when it was airing, and back then it was a "new" concept to appeal to autists completely. ALL autists hated the bimbo cheerleader and jock and preppy kids, but shows generally showed those characters in a good light or didn't focus on them, Daria mocked them plainly.
>>
>>92102013
The show acknowledges that she's a pretentious maladjusted bitch though, you're not really supposed to self-insert. A character being an asshole is fine if it's what's intended.
>>
>>92112951
Brittany was a pretty nice girl, even if she's an airhead, passed the first season though.
>>
>>92113344
I'm talking about how autists hated those REAL people. The show versions got development later, but were still shown as complete morons that can't even graduate on time.
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png
78KB, 412x351px
>you will never impregnate Daria
>>
Daria has truly awesome episodes.
Remember that one in which a total prick died in an accident and everybody was seeking comfort from Daria because they thought she was always sad and thinking about death?
>>
>>92102013
>t. Kevin
>>
>>92115636
Yeah, it was a deep show. Remember the one where the holidays were alive?
>>
>>92102013
She reminds us of us
>>
>>92115713
>implying it isn't Upchuck being butt hurt
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.