[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash Thompson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: damn nerds venom.png (535KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
damn nerds venom.png
535KB, 700x465px
Will he ever be Venom again?
>>
>>92101932

That's like asking if Anti-Venom will ever come back. But I'm hoping Flash Venom has a cult fanbase kind of like Deadpool and eventually receives his own movie at some point.
>>
What happened to the Toxin symbiote by the way?
>>
>>92101932
I would like to Flash comeback as Anti-Venom
>>
>>92101994

I thought it was pretty interesting how in New Ways to Die Brock mentioned how traces of the Venom symbiote are still on Peter after it bonded with him for a while back in the 80s. Did anything cool ever come up with that?
>>
>>92101932
I dunno man, i'm tired of this habit of Marvel to always come back to the old status quo
>>
>>92101972

Literally acquired the [holy] attribute and kicked not-Cthulhu's ass, dragging him back outside of the world but vanishing in the process.
>>
File: IMG_7902.jpg (538KB, 1181x1682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7902.jpg
538KB, 1181x1682px
>>92102036
Brock purged it from Peter's system literally a panel later, but then his body did merge with a symbiote again as Superior Venom, in Spidey/X-Men, and Space Knight.

>>92101932
Probably not, and he shouldn't. Better for him to be remembered as a great "one and done" variation of Venom before being tainted any longer. If they weren't going to bring Brock back they would've made Flash reminiscent of Brock's Venom and no one wants that.
Eddie isn't that bad in the first place either if newer readers who have only read Agent Venom would give him a chance.
>>
>>92101932
he better be, the last thing we need is now edgy Venoms
>>
>>92101994
Kinda impossible, anon.

Also, you might as well just admit that you have no fucking idea how Anti-Venom came about.
>>
>>92102884
It also wouldn't thematically make sense and be spit in the face of the original Anti-Venom. Flash is no need of any kind of redemption that Eddie was. People just want to slap a symbiote on Flash and call it a day in hopes something comes out of it. When was the last time any symbiote got anywhere that wasn't Venom or Carnage? Flash is better off as a symbioteless side character in Slott's book, at least then he'd make appearances.
>>
so how did flash lose venom exactly?
>>
>>92103642
That will be revealed in the next issue.
>>
>>92102232
Uhh... what...?
>>
>>92103700

Toxin ded, Eddy went crazy.
Again.

Give 2 years Flash will be Venom again.
>>
so i just read Venom 150, and im still confused
why did Eddie want to steal the symbiote again? why was he eager to be Venom after all the regret he felt after
>>
>>92101932
VENOM SHOULD NEVER HAVE STOPPED BEING A VILLAIN.

Honestly, Marvel fucking do this every time, making their actually good villains into shitty anti-heroes.

The only time they did it right was Thanos in Samaritan and even then, Thanos wasn't so much an anti-hero as just doing his own thing.

Fuck, Doom, Venom, Magneto, Loki, the Apocalypse kids, Baron Zemo, Carnage for that brief period and Sabretooth.

And what villains aren't dead just become irrelevant, like Red Skull, The Leader, literally every single Iron Man villain, MODOK.

All they do is endless edgy conflicts between antiheroes like Avengers v Xmen, both Civil Wars, Cyclops v Wolverine. Just fucking end the company already, you have nothing good anymore.
>>
>>92103838
Modok became an antihero too
he was in the secret avengers.
>>
>>92103838

Shitting on Carnage-Man is not cool.
>>
>>92103700

Carnage went lovecraftian

He started posessing people with his eldritch goo and turned them into servants

Some girl got contaminated but somehow stayed sane, though with a psychich connection to eldritch Carnage

In the last battle the good guys made a plan to beat Carnage and stop Cthulhu by abusing this connection, but she lacked the strenght to do anything of the sort.

Eddie passed Toxin to her to boost her up, and the interaction between Chosen One Toxin and the mystic energies ended up bein retardedly stronger than anticipated.

Toxin reclassed to paladin and beat Cthulhu, apparently dying in the process as well.

The end.

Quite the weird run by the end really.
>>
>>92104044
It was funny but it makes him less threatening as a villain and less able to carry an event.

Carnage USA was great. But wheny ou make him go from that to deadpoolspiderman, he loses that impact.

It's the same reason that most of the old Marvel villains can't carry an event anymore; they're thrown around like shit and just given no sense of scale. Compare that to like, the weight Reverse Flash, Joker, Darkseid or Ares gets in DC? There's no comparison.

I can't think of a single Marvel villain who could actually carry an event right now besides maybe Osborn. I know they're doing that whole Secret Empire thing and honestly, that works but it's not going to last.

They did the exact same thing with Fear Itself. Made an event only villain who poofeds traight after and people were just like "what". Or Chaos King being gone now.

Most of the Marvel nemesises have just become shit and or antiheroes. THey have no punch anymore.
>>
>>92102884
>>92102918
Guys...Mike Costa is writing. It doesn't matter if it's "impossible" nor does it matter if it doesn't thematically make sense and spit in the face of the original Venom. Mike Costa doesn't give a fuck so if Flash gonna be Anti-Venom Flash gonna be Anti-Venom.
>>
>>92102117
>i'm tired of this habit of Marvel to always come back to the old status quo

...So what they're doing with Venom now then? Eddie Brock being Venom again is old status quo as fuck.
>>
>>92103700
Read the final issue of Conway's Carnage book, anon.
>>
>>92101932
well the concept's got legs
>>
>>92104183
>I can't think of a single Marvel villain who could actually carry an event right now besides maybe Osborn
Superior Foes
>>
>>92104844
1. That's a series.

2. That is a comedy series.
>>
>>92103789
>so i just read Venom 150
You're from the future?

Spoil us! Also, how did you read an issue that hasn't been released yet?
>>
>>92104406
>Mike Costa doesn't give a fuck so if Flash gonna be Anti-Venom Flash gonna be Anti-Venom.

He probably does care that Slott claimed Flash back, though, and that Flash is gonna be a supporting character in ASM.
>>
Let's hope not.

And fuck you, Bendis.
>>
Flash went downhill the second he "joined" the Guardians of the Galaxy, only to be forgotten at Mos Eisley- I mean "Knowhere" for several issues.

Bendis fucking ruined the symbiotes- I mean "Klyntar."
>>
>>92101994
That would be pretty cool. It would be better if there was some kind of break through on the anti venom and it started to grow a personality like the rest of the symbiote's.
>>
>>92106461
see: >>92102884 and >>92102918
>>
Hopefully, just to spite the Brockfags.
The most autistic cancer on this board.
>>
>>92106638
You haven't actually read any Brock-Venom books, have you?

Try reading some of the storytimes happening right now.
>>
>>92104406
You do know this is the same Mike Costa that was given gold in the form of Web Warriors and still managed to fuck it up right?
>>
File: agent antivenom.png (591KB, 873x1392px) Image search: [Google]
agent antivenom.png
591KB, 873x1392px
>>92102884
Well, the upcoming Venom solicits have led some people to theorize that the Anti-venom cells are regenerating in Brock's body, making the Venom symbiote start leaking out. I don't think it's too crazy to think that Eddie might try to get rid of his faux symbiote, leaving it to bond with another host. I know it's more of an extension of Brock's body, but the letters page for Venom #6 does specifcally mention Anti-Venom and Flash returning.

Personally, I'd rather see Agent Toxin than Agent Anti-Venom. You could have Flash try to take up Pat's role, teaching Toxin what is right and wrong. He's already a surrogate dad to Andi, why not a symbiote too?
>>
>>92109973
>leaving it to bond with another host
How let it bond with someone else when its A) not a alive and B) produced by Brock's body?

Flash doesn't need another symbiote.
>>
>>92110136
It's a comicbook. If the story really is about Anti-Venom returning, there's no way they're gonna ditch Venom already after they just brought him back.

So you either destroy all the Anti-Venom stuff, or purge it from Brock's body. And if there's just a bunch of white gooey crap in a pile, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that something that copies the abilities of a symbiote would be able to bond with someone else.

And I absolutely want Flash to have another symbiote. Personally, in order of what I want:

Agent Venom > Agent Toxin > Agent Anti-Venom > normal Flash
>>
>>92110136
>Flash doesn't need another symbiote.

Yes he fucking does after Marvel stole it from him and gave it to Sasuke.
>>
File: 4309044-agentvenom.jpg (900KB, 935x1452px) Image search: [Google]
4309044-agentvenom.jpg
900KB, 935x1452px
>>92103838
Go neck yourself. Agent Venom fucking rules bitch.
>>
>>92110310
>wanting contrived bullshit to shoehorn in some little fantasy
That's some shit taste anon.

>>92110319
No, no he doesn't. Flash is interesting on his own. No need to force another symbiote on him.
>>
File: 19ebc31580642ad2bd4161d9ddad67e9.jpg (279KB, 1116x863px) Image search: [Google]
19ebc31580642ad2bd4161d9ddad67e9.jpg
279KB, 1116x863px
I just wish he never went to space.
>>
>>92110435
You know Brock was "Agent Venom" first, right? See the Venom: License to Kill and Venom: Sign of the Boss, the Venom Agenda miniseries.
>>
>>92110461
>No, no he doesn't. Flash is interesting on his own. No need to force another symbiote on him.
And you say I have shit taste.

Flash was interesting because of the development he got, yes, but he became even more interesting when he got the Venom symbiote.

Why do you think he got a series that lasted 42 issues? Because people loved the Agent Venom character.
>>
>>92110480
This. We need more super hero OPERATORS. Venom and the obscure The Shield series from DC from a couple years were the only comics that satisfied that specific boner.
>>
>>92110573
I'm not denying that his solo series was good. Or that the original concept of "Agent Venom" was sweet.

I'm saying: the story is over. Get over it. There is no reason to recycle the same shit over and over again. Lets see how Flash goes back to living a normal life after sharing his body with an alien. Having him struggle with being a single entity again is interesting all on its own.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 844x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 844x451px
>>92106638
CANT BLOCK THE BROCK STAY SALTY FLASHFAGS
>>
>>92110665
It decidedly isn't though.

They entire mentor storyline was abandoned, the hellmark storyling was abandoned, his relationship with Valkyrie was never fleshed out, And that's just ongoing stuff from when he was sent to space for the character to get the poochy treatment for no reason.
>>
>>92110757
And seeing him try to address all that stuff without a symbiote could be just as interesting. None of those stories are impossible to complete or expand upon with Flash being symbioteless.
>>
>>92104500
indeed.
>>
>>92110435
It's shit and you ruined one of the few good villains marvel had left.
>>
>>92111191
Agent Venom is awesome, and Paul Jenkins ruined Venom with the hunger story. Don't blame us.

Besides, Eddie was awesome as Anti-Venom
>>
>>92111238
This. Paul Jenkins was the proto-Bendis when it comes to fucking up symbiotes.
>>
>>92101949
Anti-venom is never coming back best thing to happen to Eddie and they take it from him.
>>
>>92111464
Well, it likely will. But as part of Eddie. He'll have to figure out some way to get rid of the Anti-Venom cells to keep the Venom symbiote. Or something dumb like that ('cause as we already saw in the Spider-Island story, the symbiote can overcome those when bonded to Brock).
>>
>>92110932
>None of those stories are impossible to complete or expand upon with Flash being symbioteless.

Do you think anyone at Marvel is going to care about completing or expanding those stories if Flash is symbioteless? Without a symbiote, Marvel doesn't have that much incentive to focus on Flash and his uncompleted stories. You may think it would be interesting to see Flash dealing with those storylines without a symbiote but it's not interesting enough to Marvel. Marvel is a business. They want things that make money. They can't make money from symbioteless Flash. They can't publish a symbioteless Flash solo. They can't make merchandise for symbioteless Flash. They also like things that generate a lot of hype and interest, because hype and interest helps them make money. Symbioteless Flash wouldn't generate that much hype or interest, even if he would be following up on storylines that fans have wanted to see returned to, because the only people who give a damn about that stuff are Flash Thompson/Agent Venom fans and no one else outside of that group. The hook isn't big enough. Flash needs a symbiote.
>>
>>92112747
>Do you think anyone at Marvel is going to care about completing or expanding those stories if Flash is symbioteless?

Do you think anyone at Marvel cared about following up on Flash's romance with Valkyrie, even if he still had had his symbiote? Bunn had already ditched it pretty much entirely.

The Hellmark was already pretty much wrapped up at the end of Spaceknight.

And Flash doesn't require a symbiote to be a mentor to Andi.

So just, you know, fuck off with your "not muh!" whining.
>>
>>92105243
Devin Lewis, editor for Venom, said that they have huge plans for Flash and Anti-Venom. It was also confirmed at the C2E2 panel that Issue 150 won't be the last we see of Flash. I assume Slott is aware of this and taking this into account. In addition, Venom and ASM both take place in New York so it wouldn't exactly be that hard for him to be in both books. Hell, Marvel could give Flash his own solo if they wanted to as long as he stayed in New York.
>>
>>92112812
>The Hellmark was already pretty much wrapped up at the end of Spaceknight.
Except it wasn't at all? They pretty clearly specified it was only a temporary fix
>>
>>92113037
>It was also confirmed at the C2E2 panel that Issue 150 won't be the last we see of Flash

Yeah, he's going back to ASM and will be under Slott's control. I was at the panel.
>>
>>92113103
What the hell do you think Thompson's backup story in 150 is going to be about? I bet the Hellmark cure is tied to the reason why the Venom symbiote was so weak in Costa's first issue.

After that, I can almost guarantee they won't ever address the Hellmark stuff again.
>>
>>92106638
I know it wouldn't happen but imagine if Marvel has actually been faking us out and Flash ends up keeping the symbiote. Like maybe he loses it in the Issue 150 backup story but then he gets it back at the end. So Flash would still have Venom, the "real" Venom, while the one that Lee and Brock have been wearing would be a remnant or a clone or something. Could make for some entertaining reactions from Brockfags and Flashfags.
>>
>>92113247
That's some serious wishful thinking, anon. Its so fucking far off the mark, too.
>>
>>92110665
>There is no reason to recycle the same shit over and over again.
>He unironically says as Marvel turns back years of development for the Venom symbiote and Brock just so the Venom symbiote can hate Spider-Man again and Brock can be Venom again because 90's nostalgia.
>>
>>92113457
I'm letting it all slide right now solely based on the fact that Eddie hasn't been Venom for over 10 years. Other classic characters that have had legacies never stayed away for that long.
>>
>>92113610
>Other classic characters that have had legacies never stayed away for that long.

Uhh Barry Allen?
>>
File: 9849823234.jpg (259KB, 455x550px) Image search: [Google]
9849823234.jpg
259KB, 455x550px
>>92109973
>>92110310

I mean, I like Agent Venom, I like Toxin, and I would absolutely love to see Flash/Toxin symbiosis, but the idea of Agent Toxin doesn't get me going because it would go all tacticool and I adore the tentacle fire thing Toxin's got ever since Brock.

We've also seen tacticool Toxin in Carnage, and it was just meh.
>>
File: agent venom vs jack.jpg (216KB, 641x985px) Image search: [Google]
agent venom vs jack.jpg
216KB, 641x985px
>>92113832
I know, but it's still better than Toxin existing in Limbo.

And besides, you could still pull it off when Flash gets angry. Instead of just getting bigger and adding a mouth/tongue when he became angry as normal Venom, have his form start to get bigger and more chaotic like your pic, with tendrils sprouting out everywhere.
>>
File: venom #6 letter page.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
venom #6 letter page.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92113115
Then what the fuck did Devin mean by this? "we've got big plans for for Flash Thompson". Is the backup story in 150 and him becoming a supporting character again in ASM the entirety of the "big plans'? Because if so that's fucking disappointing.
>>
>>92114047
I also love how everyone is desperately hoping for something with Flash that they automatically assume he's going to become Anti-Venom just because his name is right next to Anti-Venom on this letter column. Nevermind the fact that they also mentioned Carnage and basically every other symbiote. It's kinda pathetic.
>>
So what's the current situation of the symbiotes?

>Venom: back with Eddie
>Carnage: in custody again
>Toxin: in symbiote heaven
>Mania: left alone and in limbo again
>Scream: ded host, MIA
>Riot/Lasher/Phage/Agony: Still with doggo if there's no new Mercury Team already
>Anti-Venom: possible return soon?
>Scorn: I wonder if Marvel remembers she exists...
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.