[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy Story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5805.jpg (34KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5805.jpg
34KB, 300x167px
So everyone always brings up the plot hole of Buzz acting like a toy whenever Andy is around, despite believing he is the "real" Buzz Lightyear. I can live with this.
HOWEVER:
If Buzz knows the character he's supposed to be, and the property he's based on, then why the fuck does Woody not know who he is or what show he's from? Obviously, the toys know their purpose, and the Prospecter always knew who he was. Did Woody somehow forget about Woody's roundup somewhere down the line?
>>
>>92098155
Maybe it wasn't created until AFTER Woody was created? Is that a thing? I'm not sure if it is. Do toys come into existence with UPDATED knowledge of their "brand"? I have no idea...
>>
>>92098260
If that's the case, one of my old Bart Simpson dolls will have raided all my orange shirts by now.
>>
>>92098155

What I would like to know is why all of those toys in OP's picture aren't alive too.
>>
>>92098512

Toy Story toys have different degrees of sentience.
>>
>>92098512
Indeed!
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 275x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 275x224px
>>92098512

>>92098512

Goddamnit this is one of my favorite movies, how could I have NEVER noticed this
>>
>>92098155
Part of Buzz's programming was that they thought sitting in a spaceship box was "hyper sleep" despite their eyes being opened and probably thought that him going into a stasis mode around humans was part of his "training".

Prospector always knew who he was because he was always inside a box that said, "FROM THE WOODY ROUND UP SHOW".
>>
>>92099228
Because John Lasseter is like a Lotus tree- he sucks up your happiness and never intends on releasing you. The snap back into reality is harsh, painful and mentally unsafe.
>>
>>92098512
They're not toys, they're games.
>>
File: speak_and_spell.jpg (21KB, 313x270px) Image search: [Google]
speak_and_spell.jpg
21KB, 313x270px
>>92100151

That's not a bad explanation actually, but overall it's a very gray area.
>>
>>92100190
That's not a game, it's a learning toy.

Their checkers game was also not alive in the first movie. Neither were any of their blocks.
>>
>>92098260
Woody's Roundup was supposed to be a vintage thing that happened a long time ago, so Woody himself would have to be really fucking old which is impossible considering Andy was his only own
>>
>>92101104
Andy's mom says that Woody's a really old family heirloom and the chicken guy thinks he's vintage.

Memories probably faded with time.
>>
File: japanese1.png (187KB, 751x285px) Image search: [Google]
japanese1.png
187KB, 751x285px
>>92098512
Perhaps they didn't have a spirit or some weird shit within in them.

They might function similar to yokai spirits with the possessing things, and things that they possess get changed to suit their needs.

And perhaps an "possessing" culture was developed with the spirits preferring to use the toys to better communicate and express themselves when talking to other spirits or humans.
>>
...Differences in industry standards?

Woody is a handcrafted puppet back from when plastic was probably just being introduced into toy manufacturing opposed to tin or whatever, and Buzz is a top of the line toy with computer chips this and laser pointers that inside--shit he even had a spanish setting. Probably all the 'programming' inside him made him legitimately think he was the real Buzz Lightyear and him still acting like a toy was just a subconscious reaction that he never noticed.

Woody is either too old to remember or just knows he's a cowboy toy based on what he can obviously glean from himself and due to the way the character he's based on was canceled, he never had info to glean about who he's modeled after.
>>
Woody is obviously the reincarted soul of Andy's dead father living in his own beloved cowboy doll that was given to his son; however, like all reincarnation, he has no knowledge of his previous life.

Buzz is a "new soul" and his opening was his first moment of existence.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.