[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the redemption of Lex Luthor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: lex-luthor-action-comics.jpg (99KB, 620x824px) Image search: [Google]
lex-luthor-action-comics.jpg
99KB, 620x824px
What does /co/ think of the redemption of Lex Luthor?
>>
Probably the most interesting thing theyve done with him since Nu52 started
>>
File: whoooaaaaah.jpg (22KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
whoooaaaaah.jpg
22KB, 400x267px
whoah wait what
Lex is trying his hand at superheroing now? FINALLY? Holy shit someone fill this anon in, wtf did I miss?
>>
I like his new superman suit. Wish they would make a statue of it, so I could purchase it.
>>
"get easy sales by making a comic book character do literally the exact opposite of what their character is" is stupid and gay and will always be stupid and gay
>>
>>92098063

Why is he wearing an "S" for? Is it to spite superman?
>>
>>92098097
Can't tell if sarcasem, but just in case. After Superbro died at the end of N52, Lex tries to take over the mantle. Note he's been part of the justice league for a while now, since the end of Forever Evil I believe.
>>
File: justice league.jpg (248KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
justice league.jpg
248KB, 600x911px
>>92098097
like the last 3 years of DC

Forever Evil
then Justice League 30 (pre-Rebirth)
>>
>>92098097

When Superdad came to Metropolis for the first time, he was beat to a crime scene by Lex Luthor in pic related armor. Of course, Superdad was outraged, because not only did he have the S on his chest, but he's also wearing Superbro's cape.

Clark was incredibly mistrustful of him to begin with because it's Lex fucking Luthor, but he swore over and over that he was doing this in honor of Superbro, and that Forever Evil legitimately changed him.

Clark is giving him a chance, though. He's keeping an eye on Lex, but he's giving him the space to prove that he's being earnest.
>>
>>92098147

Nope. In honor of Superbro.
>>
Supes and Lex have come to an understanding and mutual respect. Unfortunately, Lex' tenure as a hero has sorely been lacking. his only real moment is taking the Omega force and facing the Anti Monitor and the less said about Darkseid War, the better.

I mean Lex has been a hero what? a year or two now?
>>
>>92098189
Superbro doesn't exist any more though? Superman Reborn merged the two together iirc
>>
>>92098216

He'll still remain an ostensible good guy, and he'll still have the cape, it will just have a different origin.
>>
>>92098212

Yeah, but until Rebirth, I never got the notion that he was being genuine about his redemption. I thought he was just building towards a larger scheme. Turns out that he's giving it an honest go, which is a first for Lex.
>>
>>92098242
Forever Evil was when he started becoming a good guy.
>>
>>92098266
Honestly no matter what he does they'll probably pull a switch and show that it was all a part of his plan
>>
>>92098427

...I know. That's the period that I was referring to when I said 'until Rebirth,' which was when he was on the Justice League.
>>
>>92098505
>Honestly no matter what he does they'll probably pull a switch and show that it was all a part of his plan
Yep if Supes has to got backwards then so do lex.
>>
Infamous Iron Man vs SuperLex.
>>
>>92098266
I like it because it shows Johns gets the character.

I don't think it's gonna end up being a keikaku. I think there'll end up being some kind of tragedy involved that makes him lose faith again.

Or maybe Lex will sacrifice himself at the end of the next big universe-defining event.
>>
>Superdad didn't trust this Luthor because the one he knew was not trustworthy by any mean
>Decide giving this Lex a chance because he's not the same guy he knew
>Turns out he is and as always been

Where do you fit things like President Lex?
>>
>>92098153
I've been in med school, shits exhausting and you get no fucking time to download comics when memorizing 10 new terms an hour
>>
Why are there multiple supermen?
>>
Anyone mind explaining what you guys mean by "super dad" and "super bro"? Am I missing something about Supes?
>>
>>92099211
Marvel was doing multiple versions of the same superheroes in their stories and that was successful so DC decided to do it too during their last reboot.
>>
>>92099405

Serious question?
>>
>>92099405
Superdad is the new term for Pre-Flashpoint Superman. As part of the Rebirth re-branding he was brought back into continuity proper. He's intended to be the same Superman from the 00s, but while New 52 was going on he had a son with Lois. Hence the dad. Superbro is just the term for the New 52 Superman, who was portrayed as a distinctly separate character for a while until the two merged during Rebirth. I think. It's still a little unclear.
>>
>>92098216
Forever evil is still canon so maybe when he decided to go full hero he wore the symbol since he lives in metropolis and people recognise the symbol as a sign that he's a hero. Maybe he decided to change the suit to what he has when superdad decided to go into hiding to raise his son. Or maybe he doesn't have that suit anymore since we haven't seen him since reborn.
>>
>>92099513
Why wouldn't it be
>>92099560
Oh gotcha, yeah I haven't gotten the chance to read any Rebirth stuff yet. Thanks!
>>
He's been up to some sneaky business in New Super-Man. That's the only Superman book i've been reading and i still thought Lex was a bad guy, but if he isn't then what was up with all that?

And what about that other Superman that was shown in the Chinese prison?
>>
>>92100773
Siphoned power stolen when Superman got depowered. As its Chi, it resembles Superman. It doesn't mean that he has less, as Che "regrows"
>>
>>92098063

Love it. It's a shame that the merged continuities brings back most of Lexs past villainy. He's great as a morally ambiguous antihero.

Also he's been bullied a lot lately.
>>
What's the difference between Action Comics and Superman comics?
>>
>>92101416
Well Action Comics focus more on Superman while Superman Comics focus on Superman and his family.
>>
>>92098063
Because of the recent merger he's probably a bad guy again pretending to be a hero.
>>
>>92098063
He's pretty great. I wish more of Action Comics was spent on him, like we originally thought when Rebirth was announced.

Too bad they are already seeding his return to villainy, even when the man himself refuses to believe it. But, I think with New Earth and Prime Earth versions of Superman characters becoming united in "Reborn", Lex will get his New Earth's self mindless hatred of Superman very soon.
>>
>>92098173
Luthor's own narration boxes prove that he was earnest, but after Reborn it may have changed.
>>
>>92098115
Except Luthor had this character arc of his going for three years, after he genuinely made a choice between villainy and altruism.
>>
>>92098266
His narration at the finale of "Forever Evil" already indicated that he found for himself that "Being Good Feels Good", even when nobody trusted him.
>>
>>92098756
I mean, it was already shown in a prophecy vision that he WILL become bad, but WILL be stopped by Superman, though Lex himself refused to believe it.

But, that was pure Prime Earth Lex, before "Reborn".
>>
>>92102149

THIS. I think Lex is stubborn enough to be a hero just to prove the visions wrong.
>>
>>92102098
Well some previews he's joining Team Supes against the Revenge Squad
>>
>>92098063
I was sold when he killed Atomica way back.

Then way down the line, he recalibrated a mother box to say his name over and over instead of "pingpingpingping", and now I need this to be permanent.
>>
>>92098662
Not only Lex killed the justice league book, but also Johns doesn't get the character at all, Johns is a balding insecure guy that has hair implants, geoff only pushed sexy bald men as a way to compensate. Luthor is a petty cunt and will always be just that, this arc has over stayed it's welcome
>>
I think what eventually happens is Superlex will become overbearing or overly obsessed. Almost like a Ra's al Ghul trying to save the planet via human genocide.

It really like Lex right now, it's interesting, but only so far as "how long will it last". The reader is clearly left to feel exactly how Clark feels. It'd be a travesty if they only kept the pieces of Lex, post Reborn, that fit into this narrative. The guys got one of the largest body counts at DC.

And that isn't to say a man that's responsible for so many lives taken is cool or more fun to read. But it's a major disservice if we get some villains and their pasts returned but not Lex.

And I think we all know the heel turn if inevitable. Even if we like hero Lex.
>>
>>92098063
>turning Lex Luthor into a good guy.
How many times did that already happen?
>>
>>92098063
I like it
>>
>>92102149
What if this lex is earth prime lex instead?( the guy from Infinite crisis: he was good if I remember correctly)
>>
>>92098063
He jobs way too much to be taken seriously. That's a shame really. It would have been interesting to see Lex doing his version of good in Action Comics as the main protagonist instead of a side character. It looks like they are taking him back to crazy Supes hating Lex soon if all the reaction in New Superman were anything to go by.
>>
>>92103634
It's not a travesty except to nostalgia fags like you. Still too much potential with super led to knock him off yet. How have we not a anti hero book starring lex out how with the heroes doin good things yet?
>>
>>92098063
I know deep down he's still an as Sholes and it is only a matter of time before he goes back to being an evil dickhead.

It's still canon that he once setup a spaceflight mission just for them to crash and burn up in the atmosphere screaming for Superman to help them.
>>
>>92099593

Does anyone not remember that he started wearing it during Darkseid War? Before Superman died? And all those aliens were worshipping him
>>
Literally every other redemption for Superbro and Superdad's villains have been undone. Let us have this one.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.