[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 20

File: rapey_mcsquiggleface.png (367KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
rapey_mcsquiggleface.png
367KB, 1000x333px
So, tonight starts off annoyingly enough with Dotty being a bitch and Walky sticking his foot in his mouth...

...but who's that mystery man lurking around totally inconspicuously with his hoodie that's the same exact color and pattern as his favorite rapin' shirt?

HMMMMMM...
>>
I haven't read this in like two years. I assume it's still shitting the bed
>>
>>92096935
>character gets upset by something someone says and and walks away
>this means they're being a bitch
???
>>
>>92097035
>I haven't read this in like two years
Well, you haven't missed much with the Joyce's attempted rapist storyline then.
>>
>>92096935

Seems like Willy's settled on "rating women" as his latest bone to pick.

>Ryan

Oh boy, I've been missing my daily fill of overly-drawn-out and unnecessarily complicated drama. Possibly with a side of Broken Physics.
>>
>>92096935
>Rapin' Ryan actually appears
Now that's a surprise. Let's see if he's targeting Amber or Joyce; it would make sense for him to go after Joyce having assumed that she sent Amazi-Girl after him to the rally. Y'know, because Joyce would have known that he was there.

Anyways, I don't give a shit about anything else going on in here right now. Dorothy's a bitch, Walky's a moron, Joe's being dumb but that's because Willis seems to always write him as dumb whenever Leslie's class is involved... Just get on with Rapin' Ryan, dammit.

Also, despite my approval of Rapin' Ryan's return, I question why Willis gave him such an unceremonious reappearance. He got a dramatic zoom before; here he's all but a background character. Hell, he doesn't even need to be turning his head to watch the whole Dorothy/Joe/Walky kerfuffle; Willis could have kept the mystery going by just having him walking away and completely ignoring these events.

Also, looks like Ryan's got bags under his eyes. I dunno if that's intentional or if Willis is trying to go for something else.
>>
>>92097045
This is 4chan, so any woman not being completely nice and accomodating at all times is considered a bitch.
>>
>>92097045
They're friends. Joe was joking with her, and she's just misdirecting her anger over her one bad grade at anyone right now.
>>
>>92097174
>she's just misdirecting her anger over her one bad grade at anyone right now.
That's a good thing to remember: She's gotten a single bad grade on an assignment, which we know nothing about and could be anything from a single worksheet to a mid-term test, and she's taking out the anger she had for herself and her failure upon anybody who might even suggest that she attempt to remain positive.
>>
>Ryan shows back up
>Willis will immediately switch back to either Becky and Robin doing stupid shit in an attempt to get the fans to like Robin even though she's a piece of shit, or Amber being a bitch to Danny but it's okay because she's crazy.
>>
>>92096935
I guess Dorothy posted the blurry photo from her social media, so this is Ryan finding out more about her so he can attack her. He might've seen the name attached to the account, recognized Dorothy as being at the party and put 2 and 2 together.

Although, I'm not entirely sure what his plan is. I would've thought that after the Joyce mishap, he'd be really desperate, but he just lied about the scar and lived life mostly as usual, even volunteering for a campaign that would give him a lot of public visibility on campus.

Now, I'd bet he's more desperate, but he can't stop the picture from going around, and doing more crimes will just make things worse when he does get caught.

I wanna note that just wearing a hoodie is not a great solution for hiding your identity. He should get some make up and some shades at least so a lot of his face is obscured.
>>
>>92096935
Is Ryan late for the SITH LORD costume party?

I feel like trying to be inconspicuous just makes him 10x more conspicuous.
>>
File: Thoughtful expression09.jpg (47KB, 237x450px) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtful expression09.jpg
47KB, 237x450px
>>92096935
Is that fucking Rapin' Ryan in the last panel?
>>
>>92097340
maybe we'll switch back to danny and ethan staring at each other again
>>
>>92097456
>doing more crimes will just make things worse when he does get caught.
No, doing more crimes is the only way he can get convicted since there has never been a police report filed against him.
>>
>>92097665

maybe the plot might actually advance!
>>
>>92096935
>his hoodie that's the same exact color and pattern as his favorite rapin' shirt
any /fa/gs here? is this a good hoodie for rapin'? i would hate to commit a fashion faux pas while rapin'
>>
>>92097848
Of course it won't. It'll just cut to other insignificant shit
>>
>>92097456
I believe it was Amazi-Girl who posted the photo to Social Media™, not Dorothy. Amazi-Girl only sent it to her to confirm Ryan's identity.

As for his plan, there are still Amazi-Girl and Joyce he could be after. Again, this is not a good way to reintroduce Ryan. His appearance right now is better suited as a background cameo than a surprise moment. If anything, he should have a strip of his own where, still masked to the viewer, he approaches Joe and asks if he knows anybody matching Amazi-Girl or Joyce's description. Joe makes his response, and Ryan just walks away muttering a weak "Thanks". THEN we get a face reveal.
>>
Rapin' Ryan looks fucked up as shit, I feel sorry for him.
>>
>>92098191
By this point it's likely that everybody knows who he is, or at least what he looks like.

The problem here is that instead of taking his case to a lawyer and suing IU for allowing Amazi-Girl to run as a vigilante without any concentrated efforts in stopping her and thus allowing for these claims to be made on Social Media™ in the first place,
Ryan's just going to incriminate himself further by finding Amber or Joyce and pretending that this is a universe where he'll be able to get revenge without injury.
>>
>>92098805
>Joyce
I wonder if Ryan came to this class thinking she would be here.

It might be interesting if he slides into classroom behind the distracted main cast and has to interact with Roz
>>
>>92099353
What if Joyce sees Ryan, but dismisses it because she thinks he is a hallucination?
>>
>>92099654
Joyce being at Leslie's house now, if she saw Ryan, it WOULD be a hallucination.

Under possible future circumstances though, that might be a chilling and memorable setup for a strip that I have very little hope that Willis would actually write nowadays.
>>
Wait, stuff might actually be happening soon?
>>
>>92099353
>if he slides into classroom behind the distracted main cast and has to interact with Roz
I would love for Roz to start insulting him for being so creepy right now.
>>
File: dream.jpg (133KB, 625x884px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
133KB, 625x884px
>>92100185
A man can dream, anon.

A man can dream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUOPHqx5Gs
>>
>>92097129
>>92097045
Or we can tell when someone is being pissy for no reason.

Like Joe, somewhat ironically, when Walky asked him how many of his shoes were ballerina slippers.

>>92097536
The fuck, I didn't even notice. This is a new low for the gang, who, except for intelligence, had enough resources to find this guy. Now we can say they couldn't find him if he were literally staring them in the face.
>>
>>92096935
Don't mind me, with the hoodie
Just taking a stroll, I'm on a roll
Cruising and raping
Looking for my next victim

Is he playing Pokemon Go ?
>>
>>92099353
>>92100451
Ryan slips into the classroom and starts interacting with Roz, only for them to hit it off and Roz sleeps with him.
>>
>>92100660
>>>>>>>>>/tumvlr/
>>
>>92097045
>acting like a passive aggressive faggot and prefering steaming over your inner shit is preferable to coming to a mutual understanding or getting the fuck over yourself
>>
>>92103430
>>acting like a passive aggressive faggot and steaming over your inner shit
>>
File: 2017-02-10-posted[1].png (401KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-10-posted[1].png
401KB, 1000x333px
>>92097967
Seems like it's actually an anonymous account. So I guess he is looking for either Amazi-Girl, Sal or Joyce.
>>
Can someone refresh my memory about Ryan ? Has he actually raped anyone ? He drugged Joyce and assaulted her, but he didn't rape anyone else, right ? I don't mean to attenuate his actions, it's just to remember a bit more about him.

Also, I know Willis will never show something like this because is little world is extremely limited in scope, but shouldn't the characters have a better way to catch him than posting a half-ass pic on social media ? Shouldn't people who the pic notice the scar and immediately be able to id him by sight ? There can't too many dudes with a scar like that on their face, right ? And shouldn't some kind of authority that is not the cops (since they didn't see the cops about this issue) on campus to talk to. Adults who can do something while keeping Joyce's privacy intact ?
And, considering Joyce didn't go to the cops, how are they supposed to do anything against him ? Just have Amazi-Girl kick the shit out of him at some point ?
I don't expect anything good from Willis but I'm more and more confused about this whole plotline.
>>
File: 18e[1].jpg (34KB, 680x612px) Image search: [Google]
18e[1].jpg
34KB, 680x612px
>>92103430

lmao@urlife
>>
>>92097696

That's true.

You know one major problem I have with Willy's writing is how... deceitful it is? He's created this fantasy world where the oppressed protagonists suffer only a token hint of oppression, where the villains, assholes, bigots, etc. are straightforward in their evil, cartoonish, and caricatured in character and motivation, and all conflicts can only tangentially be called such. It's disingenuous.

I feel like, conscious of it or not, Willy is basically taking advantage of people with mental problems and other issues by creating this completely unrealistic world under the guise that he's actually cutting to the heart of things. And they're so desperate for their worldviews and illnesses to be validated and celebrated that they'll throw as much cash and suck as much dick as they can for him. And in the end all they get is a false expectation that makes their lives harder, because this comic has not even a cursory resemblance to reality.

Case in Point: "Rapists are crazed and will yell "I am going to rape you" before they do. The police are not to be trusted with handling rape and should be avoided. Rapists will confront accusation with violence and validate the accuser rather than simply deny it. Posting unfounded accusations on Facebook will help catch rapists. Rapists will respond to this by stalking and formulating evil plans rather than distancing themselves."
>>
>>92097174
She's in a bad mood. Them being friends or him joking doesn't mean the things he says can't bother her, but it does mean that she doesn't try to insult or hurt him further in retaliation, she just leaves until she's in a better place to deal with her emotions.

>>92101610
It's really not "no reason," it's very clear she's in a bad mood because her dreams are going awry because her grades are not at the level she needs them to be. And it's very clear how important those dreams are to her. The bad storytelling part is that all we saw is one grade on one assignment that doesn't have to mean much, but I think she might be doing poorly in multiple areas.

Like, if someone wants to say she's being overemotional or overreacting to one grade, I can totally get behind that. But I think for her to be considered bitchy she'd actually have to do something mean to Joe. Which she didn't.
>>
>>92097696
Yes, so if he got caught now there would be nothing to hold him and it would be hard to form a case against him, but if he does some more crimes and then gets caught it would be worse for him.
>>
Looks like the google doc with all the smut got taken down. Don't worry though, I saved a copy of it on my own, and also got a pdf saved of it. Any ideas how best to share this without ol' Joshy's greasy fat hands getting in the way?
>>
>>92103760

It's fairly easy to see almost exactly where this is going to go. It'll play out something like this:

>Amber will confront Ryan
>Fistfight will ensue
>"Hahaha! I am Rapin Ryan! I rape all girls everywhere! And though I failed to rape Joyce at the party at [Address] on [Date] at [Time] with [Drug of Choice], I'll get her one day, and her little dog too!"
>Amber takes him down
>"I recorded the whole thing! You're goin ta JAIL!"

With a very possible extension of:

>Other characters object
>"No. If we take him to the police he'll just be released within a week. I know because I read something on Tumblr once."
>Amber: "You're right. There's only one thing to do"
>They hang Ryan from a tree
>Hang a sign on him: "This is what Happens to Rapists!!!"
>He's found the next day
>News outlets are shown reporting it positively as an example of the triumph of mob justice
>"All over the country, accused rapists are being found hanged from trees by people empowered by this brave and bold statement!"
>Only Conservative news outlets condemn it and they're seen as unreasonable Rape Apologists
>>
>>92104107
nah none of that'll happen. Ryan'll just perpetually be walking around in the background doing nothing much in particular until the end of time. Cause some times they just get away with it and nothing really changes
>>
>>92104172

That'd be a possibility if this were a reasonable piece of fiction. Hell it'd be a fairly bold statement, I'd say: The characters' lack of action and reluctance to go to the police allowed a possible-serial rapist to get away with his crimes and escape justice forever.

But this is the Willyverse, which means the bad guys are all comic book villains who do evil for the sake of evil.
>>
>>92104255
oh no doubt about that. I'm just saying that Ryan will never actually get any further punishment than a cartoon GIJoe villain scar. The characters wont do shit legally or vigilante wise
>>
>>92103482
Wait, so it was an anonymous account that uploaded the picture?
And yet people are believing the story without question?

>>92103760
You are correct; he drugged Joyce but wasn't actually able to rape her. We just call him "Rapin' Ryan" because it's funny.
But the cast assumed that because it happened to Joyce that Ryan is a repeat offender. Not "might be", but "is".

>>92103861
It's not just taking advantage of people with mental issues, but also teenagers who don't actually know what college is like. It's like when you're a kid and you hear stories about high school or watch TV shows and movies that portray high school as Drama Zone 200X. Then you get there and nothing actually happens.

>>92104046
Mixtape.

>>92104107
>>92104172
>>92104255
>>92104412
I can see this ending with some sort of parallel to Becky's story, in that Ryan gets punched and Joyce flips Ryan the bird while he's comatose in a hospital bed.
>>
>>92104870
>Wait, so it was an anonymous account that uploaded the picture?
And yet people are believing the story without question?

Of course, anon. Don't you know that no one would make up a story about rape? Or carry a mattress around? Or tell the Rolling Stone easily-verifiable lies about gang rape at fraternities? Or accuse a cabbie of rape for not sleeping with her? Or accuse a cabbie of rape to get out of a $13 fare? No no no - all accusations of rape are automatically true, because why would someone lie about that? Like, why would a naive fundamentalist girl who responds to sexual advances with aggression and violence, a campus vigilante who assaults people for minor transgressions and a misanthrope who has assaulted other people in the past claim there was a rape? I just don't see that happening.

It's victim blaming and rape apologia to say otherwise.

>But the cast assumed that because it happened to Joyce that Ryan is a repeat offender. Not "might be", but "is".

And the best part is that their actions have made it more likely that other women have been victimized. Since Ryan apparently has an incredible ability to heal from grievous injuries, that means he's been up and about and until Amazi-girl's plot convenient photo was taken, he's had free reign. Seriously, they have nothing on him. Testimony doesn't mean anything, especially when we look at Joyce and Sarah's behaviour. Joyce has freaked out, struck and had people struck for making sexual advances. Like, all Ryan has to say is 'I was putting the moves on her, said we should go someplace private like the bathroom. She glassed me next, so yeah I got angry. She'd just assaulted me and I had no reason not to think she wouldn't do it again.'

Sarah's intervention isn't even helpful, since as we saw in the mall with Raidah, Sarah will become violent with others, especially on Joyce's behalf.

If I was a defence attorney and these were the prosecution's witnesses, I would be dancing on top of my desk.
>>
>>92096935
Are we back? I almost stopped coming to /co/.
>>
>>92096935
I thought I'd just mention that despite Joe saying he says stuff like this all the time, he has never needled Dorothy about her presidential aspirations in the comic. So there's no reference point.

In general she responds to his other jokes/antics with exasperated sarcasm, though.
>>
>>92103861
It would be so much more honest if Willis just went back to writing about a bunch of assholes who work in a toy store. Then we wouldn't have to be talking about stupid shit like how realistic Amber's stupid multiple personality disorder is.
>>
>>92106479
Question: Is this the first time in years that Dorothy's presidential aspirations have been mentioned?

>>92106783
In the Dumbiverse, it's everybody working at Galasso's pizza joint.
>>
>>92106861
(And subs)
>>
I missed the last 2 strips. Did Roz fuck up teaching?
>>
>>92103861
>Case in Point: "Rapists are crazed and will yell "I am going to rape you" before they do. The police are not to be trusted with handling rape and should be avoided. Rapists will confront accusation with violence and validate the accuser rather than simply deny it. Posting unfounded accusations on Facebook will help catch rapists. Rapists will respond to this by stalking and formulating evil plans rather than distancing themselves."
As much as I agree with you about this and your other points, something similar happened to me.

A threat was made, the police were mostly unhelpful, he freaked out when consequences started happening, I tried to get my friends to talk to him, and he got aggressive and put down an ultimatum when he was trying to get me to apologize to him and ~talk about it~, rather than just leave me alone.

I acknowledge that my experience is nowhere near universal, but this storyline does hit home for me. Like Joyce, I got really afraid on campus and worried that I could see him anywhere. I was actually afraid to go to class for a while. Even walking short distances between dorms was scary. I was always worried he'd show up.

But again, my story is not universal, and it concerns me that it's being portrayed similarly. And guess what? In my story, the police do nothing. His girlfriend stayed with him. She got pregnant. He cheated and left. He's married now and going back to school. His life went on.

And it's going to suck if Ryan actually gets caught through all of these shenanigans. My pleas to my friends fell on deaf ears. They remained friends with him. I was on my own. He's living his life like a normal person, while I spent months afraid to leave my dorm.

When Ryan gets caught, it's going to just be a reminder that it's fiction and that wannabe rapists have to have a giant scar on their face for them to get justice.

I want him caught for Joyce's sake, but there are so many crappy parts of this storyline that I dread it.
>>
>>92104046
Oddly enough, it is not labeled as copyright issues.

"This item has been flagged as inappropriate and can no longer be shared."
>>
>>92108043
No, everything went perfectly fine, and she let class out early to keep the students from rioting.

I hate that what I just said is a true statement.
>>
>>92106861
It's mostly through the lens of her trying to get to a better school.Carla did call her as Hillary Clinton at the start of the RA replacement thing and there was some talk of political science between her and Roz.
>>
>>92108189
Does anyone have any recommendations for hosting solutions?
>>
File: 2015-03-27-snice[1].png (398KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-27-snice[1].png
398KB, 1000x333px
>>92106861
I think this is the last explicit mention.

>>92109526
I dunno, but you might wanna link a paste bin of the link and maybe we should be less obvious about what it is. Maybe I'm just paranoid, though.
>>
>Ryan outta nowhere

Now isn't this a surprise. I was gonna be like "it sucks that Dorthy is mad" but now I wanna know why he's there.
>>
>>92096935
>inv4 Ryan tries to take his revenge but Walky of all people fights him off.
>>
>>92110142
Match of the century right there.
>>
>>92110302
And then Dorthy is no longer mad and gives Walky some celberitory fucking for a job well done after he comdically wins.
>>
>>92110483
Mike somehow makes them feel guilty for this.
>>
>>92110142
The only person who should be fighting Ryan is Joyce, but for some reason Willis needs to have her shielded by people who outright told her not to contact the police about the situation.
>>
>>92109649
How long ago was it when Walky mentioned it? Dorothy was talking about how she liked that someone believed in her.
>>
>>92112583
Yeah, that's the weirdest fucking thing in this particular plot. That Joyce was not only informed about Ryan off-panel, but she and her friends had this big, dramatic important talk about what to do - again, off-panel - and we just saw the tail end of this scene where she passes the buck to Dorothy and others. Joyce got written out of her own story.
>>
File: 2014-04-07-sharedmoment[1].png (370KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-07-sharedmoment[1].png
370KB, 1000x333px
>>92112629
3 years ago.

>>92112691
>Joyce got written out of her own story.
To be fair, if that happens to someone and their reaction is to not tell anyone and pretend it never happened, they're not part of the story of dealing with that rapist anymore. Unless someone else brings charges and they piggy back on that.
>>
Why do you people do this to yourselves.
>>
>>92112691
That's what I was complaining about as this happened. We've seen Joyce suffering as a result of the trauma she experienced after not being raped, so it would only make sense if she were the one most visibly able to overcome said trauma and tragedy. But instead, we just have her handing over all responsibility to Amazi-Girl, Dorothy, and Sal as if to say "It's all in your hands now."

It's like Willis intended Ryan to be an antagonist for Joyce, but after the whiteboard story he was like "Y'know, maybe it would be better if Ryan were an antagonist against Amazi-Girl as a representation of her own failures as a superhero." Or something like that.

>>92112751
Honestly, I still think Danny had a point back when they broke up. But that's just me.
>>
>>92112847
>But instead, we just have her handing over all responsibility to Amazi-Girl, Dorothy, and Sal as if to say "It's all in your hands now."
To be fair, basically everything in Women's Studies and such say that Joyce is the victim and that whatever she wants to do regarding it, is her decision. Her refusal to go to the cops was her decision, even if it robbed her of the hope of actual justice in the process. That was her decision, and if she wants to hand it off, that's also her decision.

Admittedly, I'm only reciting this secondhand from a friend, so I'm not positive how much Joyce's inebriation at the time factors in, or how it applies to near-victims. Narratively, it's still a mess because the presentation of their decisions doesn't have enough pathos behind their irrationality to be believable character flaws, so much as conclusions reached via extending those flaws beyond their established roots.
>>
>>92112827
Habit, boredom, and, personally, I don't deserve nice things.
>>
>>92112827
'cause it's an easy target to shit on
>>
>>92097456
Honestly, it looks like Ryan's spent the last few months from his last appearance pissing himself.
>>
>>92114389
>To be fair, basically everything in Women's Studies and such say that Joyce is the victim and that whatever she wants to do regarding it, is her decision. Her refusal to go to the cops was her decision, even if it robbed her of the hope of actual justice in the process. That was her decision, and if she wants to hand it off, that's also her decision.

It's think this is true. It's totally her decision, but she has to be happy with the idea that if she doesn't go after him legally, he will remain at large and continue hurting others.
>>
>>92114389
If you factor in her inebriation, then you ought to conclude that she was drunk at the time she made the decision not to file a police report, and that her friends were also making decisions for her. And that's probably a bad thing.

But yeah, we don't really have much of a reason for Joyce to hand over responsibility for capturing Ryan to her friends other than "I trust you."

>>92115434
Chronologically, it was the past few days. I think we're two or three days out from the midnight rally?
>>
>>92108151
I'm really sorry you went through that, anon.

>>92103861
I don't think it's that he's 'cutting to the heart of things', but that he's writing a power/comfort fantasy. An alternate universe where your abusive dad or the guy at the party with wandering hands gets btfo for being huge dicks. A world where you (a girl) and your partner (also a girl) can hold hands and kiss in public without being judged or insulted or worse. And on some level, that's not a bad thing. I'm willing to forgive a lot of QC's faults because it's intended to be comfy with robots rather than a proper depiction of New England hipsters, and it only gets annoying when it goes too far outside that safety zone.

The real issue is that he doesn't just do comfort fantasy. He really, *really* wants DoA to be seen as this dramatic tour de force about the struggles of atypical college students against cruel and unforgiving authority and their own personal problems. And you can't do that AND do comfy low-threat stuff at the same time. So big threats like Toedad or Sir Clint or Ryan are defanged so they don't ruin the comfiness too much, and the comfy bits are ruined because Willis keeps shoving drama into them. A silly story about someone drawing dicks everywhere gets a finale about PTSD and agoraphobia. A wacky Looney Tunes routine between two characters leads into a defanged oppression moment, and then goes back to a wacky Goldberg-esque prank set-up. If he just picked one tone and stuck with it, he wouldn't get nearly as much crap.
>>
>>92115434
>>92116143
Yeah, it's only been a few days, but he does look like shit. Actually kinda surprised that he'd be "kept up at night" worried since the quality of the photo was apparently beyond garbage.

And remember, we still have no idea how much he saw while he had the Amazi-phone. I'd wager that's how he knows who these people are enough to stalk their class schedule.
>>
>>92116143
Looking into rohypnol, it seems like the day after effects are described as "a very bad hangover" with no reference to continued responsiveness to orders.

I'm honestly surprised that she didn't file the report under Sarah and Dorothy's pressure, since the drug is supposed to make you very receptive to suggestions. But. unless I'm missing extended effects of the drug, the day after was all her decision, unfortunately. Although, it obviously doesn't help when you can't fully remember what happened and have only fragments of it given to you in a story by someone else.

Also, there was no alcohol involved, btw. He put a drug in her Sierra Mist.
>>
>reference to Tomi Lahren in the last strip
For what purpose?

She is surely more bangable than Roz, at least.
>>
David, Maggie cheated on you with Gram

That is all.
>>
>>92117305
The fact that someone took a picture and that a picture, though blurry, is out there linking him to an attempted rape would be enough to keep anyone up.
>>
>>92116458
>I'm really sorry you went through that, anon.
Thank you! I've largely come to terms with it, but I'll never forget all the people who brushed me off. For all the crap that people give women, my female friends were genuinely upset about the situation, while my male friends were actually friends with the guy and were all like "but muh M:TG buddy."

>The real issue is that he doesn't just do comfort fantasy. He really, *really* wants DoA to be seen as this dramatic tour de force about the struggles of atypical college students against cruel and unforgiving authority and their own personal problems. And you can't do that AND do comfy low-threat stuff at the same time. So big threats like Toedad or Sir Clint or Ryan are defanged so they don't ruin the comfiness too much
PREACH.
>>
>>92117878
That's another layer of falsity to the whole thing.

I'm not the sort who goes out drinking (or hangs out with that sort of PUA crowd -- at least, not anymore), but I think most assholes would just use alcohol. Maybe give her something stronger than what she's used to. It's a lot less risky than carrying around a date rape drug at a party.
>>
I've been away from the internet for a week. Have I missed anything particularly terrible in that time frame?
>>
>>92123004
In the comic? Just Rapin' Ryan showing up yesterday, really.

In the thread, we had a bit of an issue with bans and purging, so you might want to read this post from a couple threads back >>92045257
>>
>>92122973
Correct, the alcohol is the primary vehicle for date rape, followed by common party drugs. Actual roofies and what not make up the minority.
>>
>>92123140
So did Robin get evicted from Leslies house? Did Roz's class bomb? I'm sure there was another storyline but I'll be fucked if I can remember it now. Those just chugged along in the same status quo with nothing interesting happening?

Thank fuck, I was worried I'd missed something good.
>>
File: fweep.png (407KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
fweep.png
407KB, 1000x333px
Not much to say about this one tonight, other than thank god she just told him outright, and didn't turn it into a thing as retarded as Walky did.

Also, it'll be bullshit if he just leaves Ryan popping up last night as the solo sighting for another few months.
>>
>>92123597
Everyone is getting along fine at Leslie's house other than Robin being jealous that Becky's gonna take her spot on the couch, and Roz's class went fine apparently even though we saw none of it.
>>
>>92123607
>It's, like, tearin' me up not KNOWIN' what it is.
I'm surprised Willis didn't default to a Backstreet Boys reference.

>Walky getting nigga hair upon hearing a white bitch got a C
What a racist gesture to make. Speaking of racism, Dorothy has no lips and Walky's mouth appears to stretch sideway.

Also, way to completely kill any and all tension from Rapin' Ryan's return by cutting as far away as possible. Like I said earlier, a background cameo is not at all the most efficient way to reintroduce an antagonist.
>>
>>92123607
Once again, Poor Academic Perfomance activates Black Genes.

NOT RACIST.

Does Walky know to use condoms? Is Dorothy already pregnant with the baby Walky will abandon when he goes to jail?
>>
>>92123607
Definitely keep pushing this dumb hair gag, Willis. it's definitely worth it, and it'll definitely cross over into the realm of being good at some point. You fuckin' worm.

Walky's dialogue is super on the nose with regard to him keeping stuff from Dorothy. I wonder if this will even be the end of this or if it will have to be examined again like with that shitty class skipping redux.

>Billie crossed over into heroin and Walky is carrying her needles in his hoodie to clean
>D: What's wrong, honey, you look stressed.
>W: I don't want to talk about it.
>D: Still!?
>W: Oh, gawrsh I totally forgot that I had that revelation, you're right Dorothy, quick hold this butane torch for me so I can disinfect these.
>>
>>92123730

I really want his lips to get all big and his nose to widen just to complete the image

like Dorothy tells him she got a C and walky immediately just goes and robs the nearest liquor store
>>
>>92097536
it's sith lord Darth Rapius
>>
>>92123607
I'm okay with this if it leads into a plot where, for various reasons, Jason has sex with every woman in Walky's life.

>>92123726
Background Ryan appearances work to build tension in the collection format. Willis paces for the trades.
>>
>>92123982
>Background Ryan appearances work to build tension in the collection format. Willis paces for the trades.
Maybe, but the problem is still the unceremonious way that Ryan was reintroduced into the story. He needed something more obvious than a background cameo to not only show that he was on campus, but to make his motivation and emotional/mental state clear. As it stands, we know he's on campus, but we don't actually know why. We assume he's here to track down Joyce or Amazi-Girl based upon prior conjecture, but for all we know he just got lost and is trying to find a bathroom. The art doesn't help much either, given how he looks as if he hasn't slept in a week.

It's hard to create tension when you don't have much of a reason to be tense.
>>
>>92123799
>Carla walks in on Walky and Dorothy sterilizing needles
>after mocking them she agrees to build them an autoclave
>the entire dorm celebrates Billie and Ruth's descent into intravenous drug use as a good thing

>>92123873
>"Walky, what the hell! What is that? Is that a gun?"
>"It's my problem solver."
>"Why do you have a gun?"
>"To solve problems."
>"What kind of problems do you have that need a gun?"
>"Not having $130, some foties, and a box of grape Swishers."
>"Did you rob a fucking convenience store!?"
>"I can't help it! Every time I get stressed out my hair floofs and I turn in to my sister! Last time this happened I bought a car in my mom's name from a dealership operating out of a RV!"
>>
>>92123978

>did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Rapius the wise?
>>
>>92124420
I've heard that Darth Rapius has the power to bring aborted fetuses back to life.
>>
>>92124446

Sounds totally babies. Where could I learn such a power?
>>
>>92123982
No, that won't happen, only the blacks with bad grades resort to prostitution. Dorothy will do things the honest way.
>>
>>92124464
Fuck if I know.

>>92124486
So she's going to pimp out others?
>>
>>92124676
Dorothy may not make it to the White House, but she'll bring them bitches to your house.
>>
>>92123607
Ok, kudos for not dragging this out Willis. But like Patranon said: if we don't get Ryan soon after the surprise appearance I'm gonna be pissed.
>>
>>92123607
I love how we are expected to just take Roz's word for it that the class went well. Her peers aren't talking about her performance? Does Willis not understand gossip?
>>
I just thought to look at the comments for the Ryan Return. The alt text is:
>don't look now but

Comments include:
>OH crap, HE is there.

>He just walked right by.

>You know I thought Danny was being moody until I read the tag.

>Holy shit, good thing Joyce went off with Leslie and Becky

>oh jeez it’s a trump reference
>guess we’re past that part of the buffer

>Look there’s the resident Sith Lord Darth Roofius.

>Please oh dumbing of age gods have joe punch roofie man in the mouth….

>Just turn the comic into Where’s Wyan now.

>I see (hopefully soon-to-be) dead people

>I love how prominent that facial scar is. Not so pretty now huh you shitty motherfucker?
To which Cerberus replied:
>It is definitely fulfilling some major wish-fulfillment for me.

>No, Joe, he won’t because he’s a coward.
That one's from TheVoiceOfTreason, who has apparently been ban evading.

>C’mon Joe! Get Ryan with that wall of manliness!!!

>Poor Roz. Poor Dorothy. Oh shit it’s Ryan!!!

>Joe, you can redeem yourself if you turn around and punch the dude behind you right now. Just. As hard as you can. You’re a solid wall of a man, use that to your advantage and put some power behind your punch. Just- just DO IT. PUNCH HIM.

>Can’t focus on Joe’s prick comment right now, Scar face might be making his move.

>Ohshiiiiiiiit it’s Evil Tycho Brahe

>God I am so torn between being happy that Ryan looks so pale and terrified like he deserves and being afraid of what he’s going to do.

>Tune in tomorrow for the worlds first reverse 4th wall break as I jump into the web comic to personally kick Ryan’s shit in

>Every time I see Ryan’s face it’s like that moment in horror movies where the ghost sort of flickers into view for a split second and you get that brief but intense creepy feeling.

>JOE TURN AROUND AND TACKLE HIS ASS

>Ryan’s late for a Sith Lord meeting.

>Wait, I don’t get it. What is Joe referring to?

>bicycle kick ryan….

>That last panel… ah… well…. fuck….
>>
>>92112827

What business is it of yours? Seriously. Why do you think we have to justify anything we do to you? If you don't want to see it, fine. Hide the thread then. Why do you care so much that you have to keep asking the exact same thing over and over again?

Maybe at the beginning of each general we should put a statement why we're here so people won't feel the need to ask the same goddamn question every thread.
>>
>>92123140
>Rapin' Ryan

Just call him Ryan. We'll know who it is. We're well aware that he's an attempted rapist. We don't need to be reminded every single time he's brought up.

Besides, it sounds retarded.
>>
>>92125143
Meanwhile, here's Cerberus' extended remarks on Ryan:

>Panels 5-7: HOLY SHIT, RYAN!!!!!!!!!! Like, yay, him in his hoodie with his prominent scar. It’s a nice fulfilling fantasy to see him feeling somewhat hunted because in reality even when publicly accused, that usually just tends to increase sympathy for the rapist rather than create any real problems.

>So it’s nice to dwell in a happy fantasy where a rapist is facing at least some inconveniences to his daily life.

>But, I’m terrified of why he’s here. Because my first thought is that he’s tracked down who was the origin of that social media post and has tracked that down to Dorothy. My second thought is that he had Amazi-girl’s phone with it’s cool phone tracker app on it and there’s a possible chance he swiped it when he was deleting his picture.

>Either way, I’m really worried that he’s tracking down Dorothy for an intentional confrontation, because well, his motions here seem to bear that out. Looking at his phone as if he was tracking something down, going to a classroom that he’s very unlikely to actually need to be going to given that there hasn’t been an awful encounter before today, suddenly looking Dorothy’s way as if he’s suddenly recognizing someone.

>It hints that he has something on Dorothy even if it’s just whatever selfies she posts on social media and potential class schedule. And he clearly is taking something from seeing Dorothy and I doubt he has any positive intent towards her especially if he considers her to “blame” for the outing of his crimes.

>And that terrifies me because folks like that dox and harass and “plan revenges” and I just want all of the cast to be safe.
>>
>>92125143
>Cerb
Oh, Cerb has been on a tear for the past few days on Partreon and the main site. If only one of her virtual *HUGS* army would accidentally crush her spine...
>>
>>92125277
Fuck you.
>>
>>92125405
>folks like that dox and harass and “plan revenges”

I will never not be amused by Cerb's lack of awareness.
>>
>>92125277
Ok Antagonistic Anon. We'll call him Rapey Rapin' Ryan the Rapinist Rapist who ever did Rape instead just for you.

Are you the same one who gets mad when people say Sir Clint?
>>
>>92125487
I'm pretty sure he's also the guy who spergs out over Toedad.
>>
>>92125495
On googling it, and filtering out a huge pile of earlier coverage about the bathroom stuff, apparently it's no longer illegal for healthcare providers to discriminate against trans people.
>>
File: 1471913416886.gif (2MB, 161x149px) Image search: [Google]
1471913416886.gif
2MB, 161x149px
>>92123607
>Oh Ryan the Rapist! I wonder how this will play into-
>LET'S TALK ABOUT DORTHY'S GRADES
>mfw
>>
>>92125405
What does Dorthy have to do with Ryan at all?
>>
>>92123730
There's two other full black people doing just fine. And Salk is improving apparently
>>
>>92125090
Maybe everyone understands that Leslie did a shitty thing to a shitty person and that she is a terrible teacher.
>>
>>92128073
man why necrobump like that? The thread is dead. There can always be another one
>>
File: Mary14.png (280KB, 450x896px) Image search: [Google]
Mary14.png
280KB, 450x896px
>>92128372
Sometimes I post while I read.
>>
>>92128380
just coincidentally when the thread is on page 10, three hours after the last post?
>>
>>92128386
I left the thread open on a tab from last night.
>>
>>92128393
doesn't answer the question.
You just coincidentally bumped the thread when it was at the bottom of page 10
>>
>>92128413

Calm down m8
>>
>>92128439
it's just the one guy who ever whines about bumping the thread.
>>
>>92126798
Directly speaking, nothing at all. In fact, he likely shouldn't even know that she was involved in any way, though I assume we're going to get a bullshit answer that Ryan peeped through Amazi-Girl's phone and found that she had sent pictures to Dorothy, and through that alone he's begun tracking her down. But again, she otherwise has nothing to do with this other than Joyce having handed over responsibility for her own feelings and emotions to Dorothy, Sal, and Amazi-Girl.

Hell, if anything, he should be going after Sarah. She actually caused grievous physical harm to him.
>>
File: willis pacing.png (2MB, 640x2862px) Image search: [Google]
willis pacing.png
2MB, 640x2862px
>>92096935
>>
>>92131878
Genius, but you're missing a few key elements. The other two robots should have something or someone shooped over their heads. Also, where's Becky?
>>
File: get em.png (110KB, 339x333px) Image search: [Google]
get em.png
110KB, 339x333px
>>92129890
>he should be going after Sarah. She actually caused grievous physical harm to him.
He knows he'd get his shit kicked in again.
>>
>>92132137
>tears in Sarah's eyes
Why?

Anyways, this reminds me that it's almost miraculous that Ryan survived being clocked in the head twice with a wooden baseball bat and having his shit kicked in while on the ground. Most people would have suffered internal bleeding if not permanent brain damage.

But Ryan? That trooper got up and walked away as if nothing had happened, and the only damage he got was a badass facial scar.
>>
>>92132197

>Why?

Raidah was trying to steal Joyce away and convince her that Sarah's a piece of shit, because Raidah's still assmad that Sarah got her roommate help for her depression.

And since Joyce is the only one who'll now hang out with Sarah after the social shunning Raidah spearheaded, Sarah freaked out.

I wish Willy would just concentrate on this plotline for a bit, tbqh, it's much more relatable and engaging than continuous and obvious virtue signalling. And I don't know why so many DoA fans seem to think Sarah and Joyce are committing some sort of cardinal sin by wanting Jacob to lose Raidah and get with Sarah; Raidah's an obvious piece of shit.
>>
>>92132349
How many other times has Willis ignored more interesting means of developing his characters and telling a story in favor of a more lazy plot? Like you say, it would be far more interesting to examine just how much Joyce means to Sarah, but instead we just get Raidah being vilified to the point that we can't take her seriously as anything but an antagonist. And yet, she at least has a clear motivation in why she doesn't like Sarah.
The same happened to Mary as well; there are implications of deeper issues that result in her clinging to her religion, as well as the whole thing about how she knew Carla was trans, but all we get is Mary being pied in the face. But I digress.
>>
File: willis pacingnew.png (2MB, 640x2862px) Image search: [Google]
willis pacingnew.png
2MB, 640x2862px
>>92132047
better?
>>
>>92126753
What, you aren't supposed to introduce major plot points and then switch to something else that barely matters?
>>
>>92132197
His rape powers give him abilities far beyond that of mortal men.

>>92132349
Raidah's a piece of shit, but it's Jacob's choice to be with her and Sarah wanting to break them up to date him smacks of selfishness, especially in the context of her conflict with Raidah. As for Joyce, Jacob himself has gently called her out on wanting to hook him up with Sarah because they're both black. Combine that with Jacob and Sarah having clearly different desires in a relationship and no evidence that Jacob and Raidah's relationship is in bad shape and it makes Sarah and Joyce look fairly shitty.

>>92132500
The Mary/Billie/Ruth plot is basically a version of the Sarah/Raidah/Dana plot where we're supposed to cheer for Raidah.
>>
>>92132751
The plot is too focused. We need more cutaways to at least seven other stories.

nah i love it

>>92133932
>His rape powers give him abilities far beyond that of mortal men.

Technically, he never even raped anybody.

>The Mary/Billie/Ruth plot is basically a version of the Sarah/Raidah/Dana plot where we're supposed to cheer for Raidah.
in b4 Raidah and Dana actually DID fuck.
>>
>>92134404
>in b4 Raidah and Dana actually DID fuck.

Now that would be an actually interesting soap opera plotline. Raidah and Dana were deeply closeted lovers and she's taking her revenge on Sarah for unwittingly separating them by dating the guy Sarah has the hots for. It'd fit insanely well.
>>
>>92134455
Amazing how our half-hearted attempts are better than Willis's.
>>
>>92134404
>Technically, he never even raped anybody.
We don't actually know that. He considered Joyce a "mark," which means he's probably used to finding good targets at parties.
>>
>>92136133
Fair enough. Still, we don't know much about Ryan. That's not to say he didn't roofie or rape anybody else; it would just be nice if we could actually get a gauge on whether or not this is Ryan's first time. Know what I mean?
>>
>>92129890
>>92131878
again more necrobumpers.

This is your thread. This is how you exist. You don't have a fanbase, you're not alive, you just have desperate necrobumpers
>>
>>92132751
Brilliant! Well played, anon.

t. Cymbal monkey
>>
>>92138245
None of us are alive, including you.
>>
>>92138400
Can confirm, am dead
>>
>>92125487

No need for all that. Simply Ryan will suffice
>>
>>92138245
Fuck off with your whining. Who gives a fuck if people bump if they still have something they wanna say? Take your bait and fuck off to whatever shit hole you came out of.
>>
>>92125405

Scared? Seriously? it's just a comic. It literally cannot pose any harm whatsoever to anyone.

This strip barely warrants an eye roll at the absolute most. How can he be terrified?

I... I cannot fathom people like Cerb
>>
>>92138601
"Simply Ryan" sounds like a 1980s sitcom title.
>It's 1985, and America is on the cusp of a new generation awakening to new ideas and lifestyles. How can one college freshman cope with all this new information? By remaining true to himself and being... Simply Ryan. Weekdays at 8/7c, only on ABC.
>>
>>92138732
you look at what is being contributed in those posts, nothing.
>>
>>92136133
>he's probably used to finding good targets at parties.

To be fair, we really don't know that either

Does attempted rape get any less jail time than actual rape?
>>
>>92138767
>it's been 2 seconds. CLEARLY NO ONE CARES LUL.
>>
>>92096935
>>92123607
He's really not going back to Ryan being in the last strip, is he? It's going to hang, yet again. Why does Willis have an aversion to any plot that might be interesting? He always seems to put the juicy stuff off-panel.
>>
>>92137913
It might be that Ryan was trying out raping for the first and only time with Joyce and is remorseful or some shit, but adding dimensions to his villains goes against everything that Willis stands for.
>>
I think this comic is worse about dragging shit out than One Piece
>>
>>92125405
>>92138746
>It’s a nice fulfilling fantasy to see him feeling somewhat hunted because in reality even when publicly accused
>accused
A comic cannot harm someone, but this mindset can.
>>
>>92138767
>complains about zero-content necrobumps
>makes zero-content necrobumps complaining about zero-content necrobumps

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

>>92138852
Hold my beer.

Ryan suffers from low self-esteem and has family and friends who actually fit the definition of "toxic masculinity" and have convinced him that without a sexual conquest, he has no value as a man. He was shy and retiring in high school, but his douchebaggy associates have convinced him that girls just need a little "help" to get in the mood and they love it when you "take charge". Desperate to prove himself, Ryan proceeds on his ill-advised quest to get himself laid by any means possible, funneling his self-loathing and repressed anger towards his friends and family into inappropriate anger at Joyce when she resists.

Filled with even more self-hatred, Ryan is now looking for Joyce, but when he finally confronts her, he breaks down and desperately tries to apologize for what he did, and almost did. Joyce is furious with him (and rightfully so), but she listens to him and realizes that she has an opportunity, to be the kind of Christian that she wants to be. She doesn't forgive him yet - she's still got a lot of anger, a lot of fear and a lot of issues to work through, but she's willing to help him become a better man. This in turn will impact her character by making her question her own ideals - can she forgive someone who nearly raped her? Should she? If she tries and fails, does that make her a bad Christian, or a bad person? If she succeeds, can she trust that Ryan won't knuckle under the pressure from his family and friends to 'go out and score'? Conflict! Internal struggle! Reconciling faith, logic, emotion and belief! Characters trying to find redemption! Others struggling with their actions and trying to do 'what's right'!

...nah.

(I deliberately left out any reference to Ryan turning himself in, since I'm running with the DoA theme that authority figures are useless.)
>>
>>92138852
>>92139477
Honestly, I had the idea in my head that Ryan's current return is actually him attempting to find and apologize to Joyce, thinking that by doing so she'll call off Amazi-Girl's vigilante/citizen justice campaign against him.
>>
>>92140219
Surely Willis would have been aware that his comment section would be howling for Ryan's blood, so he would be a fool to try and make Ryan sympathetic.
>>
>>92140293
I'd love to dose Willy with some sodium pentathol and find out what he really thinks of his comment section.

I'm of the mind that he hasn't even drank his own kool-aid.
>>
>>92132751
Saw this earlier and smiled. Just looked at it again, and had a good giggle when I spotted the Becky.
>>
>>92138803
Pretty sure, just like attempted murder is often less time than actual murder.

>>92138997
Even One Piece's filler makes sense at times.
>>
>>92138852
>It might be that Ryan was trying out raping for the first and only time with Joyce

>>92138803
>To be fair, we really don't know that either

It's not been explicitly stated, but like >>92136133 said, the way he acts and is written shows him going through the motions, which implies that he has done this before. There's no moments of apprehension that you'd assume a first timer would have. Also, when Joyce thinks the bathroom (where he can get her alone) is icky and decides not to go in, he reacts with anger rather than desperation or ad libbing.

It reads pretty clearly that he has done this before, without coming out and saying it.
>>
>>92144729
That is a surprising amount of character development, considering what he calls character development now is defined by haircuts and getting meaner.
>>
>>92144729
>>92147541
But even the least experienced rapist wouldn't call their targets teases and demand that they get raped before the drugs took effect.
>>
File: cartoons.png (450KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
cartoons.png
450KB, 1000x333px
Cutting it a little close to home there, Willy.
>>
>>92150876
Ryan's in the background on panel 4
>>
>>92150876
>Panel 4
I feel like the next few strips are going to be a game of Where's Ryan.

>Intro to Logic
>quiz score of C
>Introductory class
Dorothy is/was one of the top students at her high school, and the worst class she's performing in is an intro class. That does not compute.

>My scores are dipping a little, everywhere.
Would have been nice to actually SEE that.

Anyways, I question why Ryan is following Dorothy around. Did the two even interact at the party? Does Ryan know that Dorothy is an accomplice in the vigilante campaign against him?

Actually, you know what would be hilarious? If Ryan was trying to get in contact with Dorothy to help him find Amazi-Girl since Dorothy wrote that one article about her. Or did that not even get published?
>>
>>92150876
Wheres Rapin' Ryan?
the gritty reimagining of waldo. coming to webcomics near you.
>>
>>92151332

I fucking hope so, it's the only interesting thing going on right now
>>
>>92151332
I don't now about anyone else, but I took Intro to Logic and it was a self-guided course primarily done online. As long as you had submitted all the necessary work by the end of the semester it didn't matter when you completed your work. You could even submit work early, with the only caveat that you were allotted two submissions per assignment per week.
>>
>>92150876
>Maybe I've been spreading myself thin

You THINK?! Also, What's Ryan got planned with all the creeping? And will it just be "He's in the background!!!" for the next month?
>>
>>92150876
>>92151385

And you know it's kinda funny, because you'd think with Willis everything in any way involved with rape, rapists, sexual assault, etc. would be so serious it couldn't possibly be seen in any way as funny, but showing Ryan popping up like Kilroy like this makes me think he's making a joke, which should be a big no-no.
>>
File: 2017-02-01-limitations[1].png (433KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-01-limitations[1].png
433KB, 1000x333px
>>92150876
I wonder if fug n' hug will stay on her docket.

Also
>Emotional character
>Doing poorly in intro to logic
kek
(Also, I know it's more about how to structure arguments critically than the more everyday use of the term logic)

So, it was a quiz that she got a C on. That's... extremely minor. Can't find the current public facing page for the 1st year logic class, but this old entry http://www.indiana.edu/~deanfac/blsu299/phil/phil_p150_4556.html (goes back to 1999) mentions quizzes every week, with the quizzes making up a third of the final grade. So, a single C is pretty negligible. Even if it's an 8 week (half semester) course, a C would only be 0.99 percent lost off your total grade. Completely manageable. The only tricky part is that she thought she had more of a handle than she thought.

>>92103995
>but I think she might be doing poorly in multiple areas.
I fuckin' knew it, although I find the idea that she didn't have any inkling until getting the C to be weird. I was thinking she had noticed back when she was getting pissed off about being called perfect, giving more sense to her frustration. But I guess those events were actually completely unrelated???

I mean look at pic related, was she really only thinking about how her floormates don't like her as much as Roz without any worry about classwork? Really? I guess I need to give Willis even less credit for his writing.
>>
>>92150876
>>92151385
>from now on ryan will just appear in the background of random strips
i would actually like this
ignoring this plotline altogether, having him just forever hover in the background as a reminder, triggering both /co/ and willis' comment section
>>
>>92150876
So I guess this confirms that Ryan is following Dorothy, right?
>>
>>92152490
I guess he's out for revenge rape after being outed as the campus boggy man.
>>
>>92152289
I could see Dorothy getting so caught up in the stupid RA election plot that she neglected her studies, but that plot last something like two in-universe days. To go from A work to C work without noticing requires a fundamental misunderstanding of the material. And why wouldn't Dorothy simply cut down on volunteering at the soup kitchen? She could still show up one or two days a week.
>>
File: tumblr_oper3h4cdI1sm8ur3o1_1280.png (85KB, 372x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oper3h4cdI1sm8ur3o1_1280.png
85KB, 372x675px
>>92151889
I still wish that Willis made actual class schedules for the characters. Not only would that help readers figure out time frames, but it could build character by showing classes and electives the characters are into.

>>92151932
The fact that we see him now means that he's likely following after Dorothy, so there's at least that.

But yes, unless something picks up then it would seem that we won't get Ryan's proper return until next month.

>>92152103
I feel like Willis is trying to do one of those more subtle things in comics where you have something happening in the background of early panels that have an effect in later panels, but Willis blew the load too early with Ryan's face reveal.

Anyways, Joyce and Jacob are a thing now.
>>
>>92152289
>I fuckin' knew it, although I find the idea that she didn't have any inkling until getting the C to be weird
DoA takes place in "current year" so IU would be using BlackBoard, and Dororthy would be able to see her grades every day. Without having to email an instructor, no less.
Christ, Willis, could you put an iota of research into this?
>>
>>92152588
>>92152801
Shocking swerve: He's actually out to rape Joe, angry at Joe's easy hookups with hot women.

I am fine with Joyce and Jacob being a thing. I really like the ship.
>>
>>92152801

Man, if Willis pushes Joyce and Jacob together for the sole purpose of making an interracial point...

Well actually I shouldn't be too surprised about it because she was with Walky in the original 'verse before he went nuts with social justice shit. Even so.

I still amuse myself thinking Willis would totally react to his son bringing home a white girlfriend with "Why isn't she BLACK? Or HISPANIC? Did I raise a RACIST???"
>>
>>92152990
Oh, that's a good point.
>>
>>92153178

It baffles me that Willis is even considering having Joyce, ostensibly the main character of the comic, pair up with a non-entity like Jacob who exists almost solely to be lusted over by various characters. Where is this coming from?
>>
>>92152990
>BlackBoard
I think most campuses might be moving to Canvas, but they still offer the same functionality.

>>92153178
Actually, that would be hilarious if Ryan was targeting Joe.
>Your blog made me do this! It convinced me this would be easy! Now look at me! I'm a freak!

>>92153186
He could have fallen back on the Walkyverse and had Sal and Danny hook up. Plus, that's a black-female-white-male relationship, and you never see those anymore.

>>92153435
We can hope it's not an actual relationship, and they're simply bonding over their Christian faith.
They should consider bringing Mary into the fold.
>>
>>92153435

If you don't date people outside your race you're probably a bigot.

... said the guy dating a Hispanic chic,
his sarcasm ringing hollow
>>
>>92153435
Two reasons: one, Jacob doesn't have any reception baggage that could start shit between the readers, and two, he can short cut developing Jacob by playing off Joyce's pre-existing traits.
>>
>>92153435
probably just an easy way to provide more drama with sarah and raidah. i doubt theyre actually ever gonna be a couple.
>>
>>92154065
I'd say it's a fairly decent chance. Walky's with Dorothy, Danny and Ethan are circling each other, Joe's got a bad rep with some of the readers, and Mike is pretty disliked. Who else could he use if he doesn't want to turn Joyce gay?
>>
>>92154418
carla
>>
>>92154600
>Mary watching sadly from a distance as Ave Maria plays.webm
>>
File: hand+off.jpg (42KB, 615x300px) Image search: [Google]
hand+off.jpg
42KB, 615x300px
>>92150876
Place your bets now!
>Ryan assaults Dorthy for no reason
>Ryan attempts to rape Dorthy
>Ryan succeeds in raping Dorthy
>Ryan gets into a fight with Joe
>Ryan argues with Dorthy to take down the Facebook post
>Oh hey, It's Becky and she's a lesbian!
>double score for choosing something other than the options correct.
>>
>>92156285
I'm thinking an actual showdown with Sarah.
>>
>>92156285
I'll take "Ryan argues with Dorthy to take down the Facebook post" at 10:1 for $20.

And I'll put a $5 longshot bet on Ryan and Clint using a magical fusion to become the Japanese sex demon, Sir Rapin', at 5000:1 odds.
>>
>>92157847
If Willis ends this strip the same way he ended his previous one, Sir Rapin' is basically guaranteed.
>>
>>92156285
>willis starts a spin-off comic starring rapin' ryan and his bros
>>
File: SarahDerp.png (40KB, 149x327px) Image search: [Google]
SarahDerp.png
40KB, 149x327px
>>92156285
>Oh hey, It's Becky and she's a lesbian!
Whoa, what? Since when!?

Anyway if this was a superhero comic, Ryan would use his Ryan drugs to put Dorothy into a suggestive state, to force her to reveal who Amazi-Girl is. Then he'd put her in a Ryan rape machine and use her as bait to draw Amber and Sal in.

In the strip as is, I'd probably have Ryan finally get Dorothy alone and try to pull some shit on her, but then Clint fucks him up.
>>
>>92156285
What if Ryan drugs walky, Dorothy, and Joe, and Jacob, and Ethan and pose them nude fisting eachother and taking a picture as blackmail?
>>
>>92160389
Sounds like a commission for Shadman to me
>>
>>92151332
>Dorothy is/was one of the top students at her high school, and the worst class she's performing in is an intro class. That does not compute.
She said all her grades were dipping. Maybe her professors haven't been giving her work back fast enough for her to see it happening.

>>92152103
>And you know it's kinda funny, because you'd think with Willis everything in any way involved with rape, rapists, sexual assault, etc. would be so serious it couldn't possibly be seen in any way as funny, but showing Ryan popping up like Kilroy like this makes me think he's making a joke, which should be a big no-no.
I think Cerb was a little bit on the right track about this part. It's supposed to be creepy, like you feel like you're being watched, like you have a sense of dread because you know that whatever's coming can't be good.

The problem here is execution.

>>92152289
That spoon in his cup looks more like a deformed straw.

I don't understand why Willis chose to give everyone black eyes with white shiny bits. Why black? Is everyone he knows some kind of soulless demon? Actually, that would explain a lot.

>>92152801
>I still wish that Willis made actual class schedules for the characters. Not only would that help readers figure out time frames, but it could build character by showing classes and electives the characters are into.
We could push for it in the comments section if we can behave ourselves.

>>92153435
To make Sarah suffer as much as possible?
>>
>>92151332
Willis' freshmen get a ton of graded work, and they haven't even gotten to their first midterms yet.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.