[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 2

File: 49712704.cached.jpg (84KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
49712704.cached.jpg
84KB, 800x500px
Any thoughts on Dreamland, /co/? I was a little wary at first, but I've gotta say I'm loving the new season. Cheryl/Carol/Cherlene/Charlotte is still best girl!
>>
>>92094950
its interesting to see how archer views himself and the world in his own dreamland.
i really hope they go back to woodhouse´s death tho.the kidnapping shit is getting old
>>
>>92095143
I'm 1000 percent sure Mother is involved. He'll turn against her and there will I be some kind of shootout or Mexican standoff at the club. Also, I'll bet that when he wakes up he opens with "So are we jumping right into this or..."
>>
>>92094950
>Cheryl writes Red Skull rape fanfiction
Best. Girl.
>>
>>92094950
I like it but I'm still not huge on the premise
>>
>>92096135
Right?! And she's got money. Total package
>>
>>92097137
Well not anymore.
>>92095315
I think Archer will somehow be at fault.
>>
>>92096222
I like that it's an uninterrupted continuous storyline. I don't usually care much for the seasons where they change the format but this one really drew me into the story
>>
>>92097181
She needs to just get Archer to kill off her creepy family and take over the fortune.
>>
So what's Lana? Undercover Cop? Government Agent? Commie Subversive?It's weird how Commies are totally absent here, it's Post WW2. It'd be perfect
>>
>>92097223
I was thinking some kind of Fed but now that I read it some kind of Commie connection could be some interesting. Jakov could be her handler.
>>
>>92097313
*interesting subplot
>>
>>92097213
Maybe he tricks Dutch (or Other Dutch) to do it. Dressed up like Marlon Brando all the while.
>>
it's great
>>
>>92094950
archer wakes up and Ceirel is married to Lana. I will be pissed.
>>
>>92101353
Honestly, it would make sense.
>Last Season he continously fanboys over (murderer), all while Lana is right in front of and/or beside him
>Kissed said murderer in front of Lana, not yow Archer's twisted mind thought she kisses him
>Gets a boner for Vero-murderer while in front of Lana, causing her to demand a break
>Fucks Murdeane near after said break, with ni remorse
>Gets her suspected of murder
>The closest she got to out right intimacy from him was from Archerbot
>Then he goes ahd gets in a coma

Honestly, as entertaining as their crazy dysfunctional relationship is; Lana is a baby crazy bitch. Watch most episodes from any of the seasons. So she would very plausibly angrily marry Cyril while Archer was busy in Dreamland. They'd probably fuck soon after once again leaving Cyril to be the victim of Lana and Archer's abuse... Just like in Dreamland! Holy shit, Krieger is an actual German Jew.
>>
I liked it at first but the last few episodes were really grating.

This week I didn't see any jokes at all. References at best.

Last week had the obscene kind of modern pc bullshit that makes people think even /pol/ has a point. It's presented as good thing that Krieger was murdering his countrymen on a widescale as a secret jew because he was accused of being a secret jew who would murder his countrymen. Because he's a jew fighting nazi's he's suddenly invisible to anybody with a gun standing in front of him. And then it's played off for laughs that he murders the cute german nurse love of his life because she's horrified at his crimes against nature, country, and fellow man.

I know there's a certain subset of media that thinks it's funny to kill whites, but goddamn, a lot of normal folk are horrified at what passes for acceptable.
>>
>>92101570
I should add casually murders the young idealistic nurse in a slow horrific way while yucking it up.
>>
10 bucks says Mother winds up being a CIA asset and I hate that.

Think they'll go the david lynch route and have the last few episodes before he wakes up get weirder and weirder?
>>
>>92101587
No, the nurse didn't rebuke him for his crimes against nature, she rebuked him for being a Jew, said she would rather be raped and killed by the Russians than be with him, in fact.
>>
>>92101636
Well they've got the whole WWII flashbacks within the coma dream thing to work with, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
I will say that it took me an embarrassingly long time for me to realise that Pam was actually a man this season.
>>
>>92101678
For being a murdering anti-german secret agent devoted to the destruction of everything she held dear. So Yeah, a Jew. Not her fault he was everything hitler warned her about.

And regardless of all he literally had her eaten alive and her screams were played for laughs. If you tried this in ANY other scenario you'd have horrified people but for some reason jews/germans is a sacred cow.
>>
>>92101699
I wouldn't be, it's purposefully being obfuscated.

>>92101678
She did explicitly get horrified at the pointless and constant murders of brave soldiers defending their homelands who placed their trust in the hands of a psychopath.
>>
>>92101699
Yeah I'm very confused. Why is she a dude? I've never noticed if they call her by he or she. Is she canonically trans this season or something? All the jokes about Pam with her Chinese ladies in her apartment are adorable though.
>>
>>92101715
Does the whole genocide thing not factor into this at all for you?
>>
>>92101748
They only refer to Pam as "Poovey" and they seem to have gotten around addressing her with any pronouns so it is vague. But the flashforward scene with the Chinese ladies showed an older Poovey going bald in a standard male-pattern baldness sort of way so I assume Pam is just a man in Archer's coma fantasy (even though Pam was the one who gave Archer the best sex he ever had).
>>
>>92101799
Hug, never noticed they don't use pronouns on her this season. Either way, Pam is still best gal
>>
>>92101823
*Huh
Hugs are cool too I guess
>>
>all those terrible unnatural quips, but now in a NOIR SETTING
Nope. Archer got killed by that old bag movie star he fugged and that's the end of the show.
>>
>>92101757
That's a weird question. Of course not.

1. They wouldnt' have known about it. It wasn't a thing people actually knew about at that point. And when people did hear about it, it was played off like all the other similar proganda at the time. Did you know the Kaiser makes his troops wear the pointy hats so they can stick babies on them?

They were explicitly setup as a secret research facility separate from the war and society. If they were like labs on any side during that time period they didn't know which local sports teams were winning let alone shit like that.

2. Kreiger explicitly lists his reasons as personal, for being kicked out of medical school and then something about being anti-war no money for bombs etc., nothing about stopping any genocide.

3. Normal citizens are not responsible for the hidden actions of the government and it's obscene to blame conscripts for defending their countries. You already agree with this for every other conflict in history, otherwise i'm certain the (insert native population your country fucked over here) would be getting a weekly check from you. In no scenario does a 'genocide' make it right to murder an idealistic young nurse in the most horrific of manners, let alone for laughs.

There are so many other reasons I could list out like a pol autist, but goddamnit this is a prime example of conditioning a population. Any other scenario and this would not make it past censors, but 'muh jews' and suddenly it's hilarious.
>>
>>92101757
I'd hardly call all those dead soldiers a genocide. Mass-murder at best.
>>
>>92101886
I took what he says to mean that he's ok with the casual murdering of germans because of the 'holocaust' .
>>
>>92101845
Actually, they've used the new setting to clear out all of the old running gags, I don't think they've used one at all so far. If you'd actually watched the new season, you would know that.
>>
>>92094950
I like it so long as it continues to make me laugh
>>
>>92101903
He'd slaughter Germans based on nothing more than a Jew lie? The psychopath.
>>
>>92101882
They're fictional characters in a comedy show, an animated one at that, if you can't distance yourself from what's happening and view it as a piece of comedy then I don't know what to tell you. And the 'idealistic young nurse' in question specifically had an exaggerated disgust reaction to learning that Kreiger was a Jew, she didn't say anything about what he did, it was entirely about him being a Jew, the whole point of that scene was to contrast the movie-perfect love story that they had with the fact that it all got ruined by the fact that she was a Nazi and he was a Jew.
>>
>>92101975
Go polish your jackboots, Heinrich.
>>
>>92101989
This is why you're full of shit. You say we should just laugh it off because it's just a cartoon. But then you try to justify it the very next sentence by saying murder is ok because real life racism.

>she didn't say anything about what he did
You are wrong. In fact, one of the jokes is based on the fact that she's horrified by the murders while the SS officer cares only about the wasted money.

>it all got ruined by the fact that she was a Nazi and he was a Jew.
I think having dogs eat the idealistic young nurse alive was a bigger issue.

Face it, in any other conceivable scenario this would not be being played for yucks.
>>
>>92102044
>Face it, in any other conceivable scenario this would not be being played for yucks.
How can you be so sure? This is Archer after all. You're projecting pretty heavily.
>>
It's still watchable but the show ran out of ideas when it went with archer-vice
>>
>>92102044
I'm saying that the real life racism gives you licence to teat fictional characters who are Nazis with a looser ethical standard, yes. And just so you know, I apply the same thinking to Soviets and Islamists and all manner of murderous extremists, it's okay to laugh at the suffering of people who want to destroy your way of life.
>>
>>92102074
>How can you be so sure? This is Archer after all.
The episode that comes to mind is the forgotten Japanese soldier one where he was played up as a noble warrior fighting for his homeland (in the Philippines).
>You're projecting pretty heavily.
Am I? Look at >>92102101 a lot of mean spirited fuckers out there have been conditioned to think a certain way about Germans. Again, trying doing this same scenario but to, just as wild example, Baathist and Kurds and tell me people wouldn't be horrified.
>>
>>92102101
The irony is thick and palpable. In this specific scenario the Jews are represented by a murderous extremist.
In your case you are defining 'the other' as ok to hate enough to murder their young idealists in horrific ways. Which ironically makes you like guess who?

>>92102091
Vice could have worked. But they decided to keep going with the spy thing instead of actually getting into escobar shennanigans.
>>
>>92102128
Dude, no-one is impressed that your heart bled for a Nazi, just give it a rest already. And Baathists were fucking scum too, for the record.
>>
>>92102159
I'm saying that it's okay to laugh at fictional depictions of the suffering of those whose ideologies pose mortal threat to your own way of life, it's called catharsis.
>>
>>92102164
We're discussing the show. Don't get triggered so easily 'dude'. You can always go to the rick and morty thread. And your kind of thinking gave us ISIS you shit.
>>92102198
Not really. Nobody would say it's ok to have a cartoon where idealistic communists or blm extremists were eaten by police dogs for yucks. The only reason you think that is the constant conditioning of the media you live in told you this specific set of people are evil.
>>
>>92102128

Yo you are like a lich but for autism.
Nigga I hate you
Like I don't have anything clever or intelligent to say, I just regular hate you.
I hope something kicks your ass into shooting up a school you psycho freak idiot nigga
And also fuck you.
>>
>>92102251
Dude seriously was your grandfather a nazi or something? You're getting super triggered over a joke in a cartoon.
>>
>>92102320
Assuming standard Lich morphology from d&d from the Von Richten line of books, the vast majority did suffer from autism of one sort or another. The level of dedication required to studies of magical matters is so total that mental problems are almost guaranteed.
>>
>>92102349
Nah, like I said before I have this weird thing called 'human empathy' that gets triggered over seeing young idealists literally torn apart by wild animals and wondering why this is expected to get laughs.

Wacky I know.

>joke in a cartoon.
Like I already said, you don't get it both ways. Either you can say it's just a cartoon or you can say it's ok because 'muh nazi's'. Using both one line after another makes you look like an ass.
>>
>>92102385
>Either you can say it's just a cartoon or you can say it's ok because 'muh nazi's'. Using both one line after another makes you look like an ass.
I didn't say it was okay because 'muh nazis', I asked if a relative of yours was a nazi because you're sperging out so hard over a joke in a cartoon. You cry 'human empathy' about a character in a cartoon. Think about that real hard. A JOKE IN A CARTOON HAS YOU THIS TRIGGERED.
>>
>>92102509
Where do you think we are? Did you get turned around somewhere? This is /co/. Comics and Cartoons. Where we autistically discuss what happens in funny books and the talky pictures. You trying to dismiss opinions that trigger you in this manner makes you look silly and loud.

If you don't have some level of human empathy for fictional characters, than most of archer shouldn't interest you in the first place, let alone any piece of fiction. Do you just not respond to drama?
>>
>>92102509
>A JOKE IN A CARTOON HAS YOU THIS TRIGGERED.
And again just to be clear. The joke was the terrified shrieks of a idealistic young nurse being eaten alive by monsters at the command of the man she loved betraying her in every way possible. But 'muh jews' so it's ok.

Imagine the triggering if you had this scene with a Palestinian and a Israeli.
>>
>>92101748
>Woman officer
HA. HAHA. They would rather work with an entire precinct of the boacks before they'd let a LADY wear a badge. Lady with a badge. Pffft, next you'll want them fighting on the front lines.
>>
>>92102159
Bice could have worked if ghey weren't SHIT at their jobs. Also if they stopped the cocaine addicted Pam jokes after the third or fourth ep. Seriously, her outright being a cunt and one way coke joke got old FAST.
>>
>>92102607
Dames, I tell ya
>>
>>92102044
You do get that kreiger is not a nice guy right? No one gives a shit that you think he was mean to kill nazis and it wasn't keeping with a non hypocritical world view.

I be your a lot of fun at the local rallies, a victim complex nazi sympathizer...
>>
>>92102385

You keep saying idealists like it means something when they were nazi idealists fighting for nazi ideals. So you know pretty shitty at their best.
>>
>>92101748
This is all in acrher's head so I think they are trying to point out something very specific about his mentality.
More of his female experiences are very one sided sex and go affairs, the only exceptions are
>Distant and aggressive mother
>Love of his life Launa
>Pam as a fellow agent

Of these three Pam is the only one that acts in a masculine and unattractive way herself.

So Archer knows Pam isn't a man but is unable so see her as the female archetype he knows so just says "Pam is Pam, don't think about it"
>>
>>92102734
>So Archer knows Pam isn't a man but is unable so see her as the female archetype he knows so just says "Pam is Pam, don't think about it"

But he had sex with her. Multiple times.
>>
>>92102651
It's not about Kreiger. Nobody said shit about him, it's about the horrific scene that's supposed to be funny because these are people you've been told are 'evil'.
> No one gives a shit that you think...
You do. You're responding to what i'm saying.
>I be your a lot of fun at the local rallies
Did you laugh when they sicced dogs on the black protestors in the 60's? It's possible you are the one with the complex here.
>>92102734
I get they are going for that with Pam, but I thought he already had his mind blown by thinking of her as a woman when she fucked him senseless. And he saw her sensative side with her family, etc.
>>
>>92102734
>"Pam is Pam, don't think about it"

What other woman will ride all night long then pound down a six pack of tall boys while engaging in crass humor jokes.
>>
>>92101570

Wow.... you're upset Nazis got killed.

You're gonna be really pissed off when you hear about this guy named Adolph who ended up killing Hitler.
>>
>>92102755
>but I thought he already had his mind blown by thinking of her as a woman when she fucked him senseless
>>92102751

But wasn't this before the whole secret agent pan is actually at Archer and Launa's level subplot.
I wonder if there is someone with enough autism to can go back and see if after she shows how competent she is if he refers to her just by name or use she.
>>
>>92101715
>everything she held dear

Everything she held dear was the extermination of his people.
>>
>>92101882

Well the important thing is you've found a way to feel morally superior to people who hate Nazis.
>>
>>92102128
>think a certain way about Germans.

Why do you believe Nazis==Germans?
>>
/pol/ please leave
>>
>>92102251
>Don't get triggered so easily 'dude'.

Dude! You're getting triggered because cartoon nazis got eaten by robo-doggos.
>>
>>92102385
>I have this weird thing called 'human empathy' that gets triggered over seeing young idealists literally torn apart by wild animals

Young idealist? Her fucking ideology was "let's exterminate the Jews". You're taking virtue signalling to a whole new level.
>>
>>92102755
Man, I knew /pol/ is weird but being offended because Krieger, who's a borderline Mengle, killed some Nazies in cold blood is a new low.
>>
>>92101570
anon, the show doesn't portray in as being in the right. That's why he murders her on screen. He's an evil fuck. He just didn't like nazis. He's always been an evil fuck and nothing he did was justifiable because even if he was doing what they told him to, he was still turning his countrymen into killing machines to destroy the allies.

Did you miss all the implict racism in the episode, people treating the faggot like shit and being assholes?

I can't believe you'd think a show where Lana was called a quadroon to her face is PC. You must be brain-damaged.
>>
>>92101882
1. Those trains were going somewhere anon and they were SS/military. The Wehrmacht committed war crimes and Jewish exterminations too. That's literally all the SS did.

2. He mentions he was thrown out for being a Jew and nearly killed even though he'd been loyally serving German. Even then, do you honestly expect him to be such a cuck that he's going to let those guys shoot him down in cold blood because he couldn't complete the project and that they'd found out he was Jewish? That's probably the most pathetic, spineless and dumb logic you could take to this approach.

3. Again, these are war criminals who are holding him at gunpoint and it's not like Germany wasn't aware of all the war and slaughter. And again, they didn't play the murder of her for laughs. They did it to show how utterly callous he was that he'd just kill her for basically her beliefs.
>>
It's the best Archer has been a while, but Adam Reed should end it and start a new show.
>>
>>92104438
Their last show got smothered in the crib for another Louis CK show
>>
>>92101748
Id wager she might be Yentling so she can be cop without the baggage of being a woman.
>>
>>92104470
Frisky Dingo or is there something I missed?
>>
>>92101947
That's fair. I find Cecil hilarious.
>>
>>92104438
They said they are, at max, making season 10 then it's on to a new show.

I don't mind. Seasons 7 and 8 have been pretty fresh past the staleness of seasons 5 and 6.
>>
File: cassius-and-clay_still_h_15.jpg (203KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
cassius-and-clay_still_h_15.jpg
203KB, 1296x730px
>>92104771
Cassius and Clay was going to be a show about a pair of lady smugglers in a Post Apocalyptic Deep South but it got cancelled before it even aired allegedly for some Louis CK project.
>>
>>92105182
Oh, well that sucks.
>>
>>92105295
True, although personally I think the failure of Chozen had more to do with it, I don't think FX trusts Reed to have another hit after Archer.
>>
>>92105182
I hadn't heard that. Dammit! That sounds like a cool concept. Maybe he can do something with it after Archer.
>>
>>92105182
Is there anywhere to watch the pilot?
>>
>>92094950
The kidnapping thing is kinda getting old, but it's been pretty solid regardless.
>>
>>92108174
I agree, but it's still good to see Cecil again.
>>
>>92103917
I know a quadroon who actually self identifies as one. It's just an acknowledgement of heritage.
>>
>>92108456
Most people tend to be much more upset by those outdated racial terms, even if they were neutral at the time. I think the whole race theory thing is interesting as a historical trend, so more power to your friend to take it back and take no shit for it.
>>
>>92094950
I was turned off by the idea of a coma dream and the noir setting, but this season is actually surprisingly good. It's not as funny, but it's more fun to watch.
>>
>>92102251
>Nobody would say it's ok to have a cartoon where idealistic communists

This show brutalized the fuck out the KGB, though.
Did you not watch the early seasons? Or not remember that Ray (the gay one) is mangled at the end of every season? That the keep cutting off the hands of the most major black antagonist? That Barry used to be sane until Archer deliberately ruined his life for laughs?
>>
>>92109116
My attention tends to waver during seasons with changed formats but I came for the noir and stayed for the engaging story.
>>
>>92108133
I second this. The concept sounds fun as fuck
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.