[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: cartoons where you used to root for the bully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 16

File: roger.png (290KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
roger.png
290KB, 510x385px
ITT: cartoons where you used to root for the bully
>>
>>92091943
Anyone have the screencap of the Doug creator saying he meet Patty's inspiration after all thoseyears and she was married?
>>
>>92091943

Did anyone get the feeling that Roger was the one being bullied? I mean yeah he was an asshole, but outside of his two dweeb friends everyone treated him like shit.

It's like watching Ed, Edd, and Eddy except Johnny is the protagonist.
>>
>>92092357
I always got the impression Roger just wanted to be Doug's friend but Doug was too autistic to tell and interpreted it as being bullied
>>
>>92093028
Me too, maybe it's because Roger never phisically harmed Doug like most cartoon bullies does
>>
>>92092260
>Well, if isn't my old pal Funny
Always kills me
>>
File: Dorks.jpg (7KB, 185x139px) Image search: [Google]
Dorks.jpg
7KB, 185x139px
Kick some ass, Kevin.
>>
File: dougold.png (783KB, 1320x1284px) Image search: [Google]
dougold.png
783KB, 1320x1284px
>>92092260
>>
Was this the greatest thing to come out of of Doug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hbfANtWCso
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMZ7T9tIwOg
>>
>>92093071
He threatened him with violence a couple times. Admittedly, Doug (accidentally) once punched him in the nose before that bullshit Quailman fight...

But to be honest, I always hated Roger for how annoying he was. Aside form the three idiots who hung out with him, everybody else in Doug's age group hated him, so it never made any sense to me why he was always showing up at social gatherings, especially after Connie dropped him with one punch in full view of everybody.
>>
File: 1483572665957.jpg (415KB, 1022x874px) Image search: [Google]
1483572665957.jpg
415KB, 1022x874px
>>92094253
Every time I see this I laugh just as hard as the first.
>boy howdy do I sucks dicks, gimme that green nigger cock you fucking blueberry ape
>>
>>92095417
>He threatened him with violence a couple times.
If that's what "creaming" someone meant.
>>
>>92095782
...I would HOPE he was threatening him with physical violence.
>>
>>92095417
It's been years since I watched the show so I can't really remember much of it, but after a while after I grew up and thought about it, I kinda think the whole show was colored from Doug's personal perspective, and a lot of it was him being an unreliable narrator translating everything to cartoon fantasy, just a little bit more toned down from his actual wild fantasy segments, but still exaggerated. Judy is cartoonishly weird, Skeeter cartoonishly stupid, Porkchop anthropomorphized, and Roger exaggeratedly mean. Because Doug perceives them all this way. So when I think of half the things Roger ever says, I recall many of them are actually very technically positive remarks but seem nasty because they're said sarcastically. Like I think Roger was always calling Doug his "good pal." So, what if this stuff wasn't actually sarcastic, but that was just how Doug saw it because he hated Roger's guts and wanted to think of Roger as a bully? And of course to fit that bully persona, everyone else would hate Roger too. But even though Doug can imagine everyone's feelings incorrectly, he still can't rewrite Roger as not being present at social gatherings, so Roger is still always there even though it makes no sense. Really, if you take away all of Roger's sarcasm and rewrite all of his "threats" into misunderstood friendly banter, he comes off as a really nice guy that wants to be Doug's friend.
>>
File: 1487025485323.jpg (20KB, 625x476px) Image search: [Google]
1487025485323.jpg
20KB, 625x476px
>>92091943
>>
>>92096241
This... would make a shocking amount of sense, given everything. I mean, shit, how do you translate the episode where Doug was accused of cheating off the sports star's test (when in the narrative, Chalkie cheated off Doug) and then in a fit of ire Doug just tells the kid's dad what he did so Chalkie had really no choice but to confess.

Or, hell the whole deal about Skeeter acing those aptitude tests and Doug was such a fucking disloyal shit to him over it. Makes me wonder if Doug split up this story and the fakeout episode where Skeeter "moved away" into two different narratives to hide the fact he burned bridges with his bestie over something he wrongfully flipped out over...
>>
File: S1e5_robbie_with_guitar.png (1MB, 1904x1072px) Image search: [Google]
S1e5_robbie_with_guitar.png
1MB, 1904x1072px
It's not his fault that he lashes out because Dipper is trying to steal his gf.
>>
>>92095417
ONE PUNCH!
>>
>>92096531
I don't give the guy shit for that, but really, she could do so much better than him.
>>
>>92093183
Kevin had too much angsty hate to be likable
>>
I could never understand who Doug's target audience was. It was a cartoon on Nickelodeon, which seems to imply that it was for kids. But what kid would wanna watch this?

And Doug was kind of egotistical. He seemed to think that the world revolved around him and overreacted to fucking everything. And he was boring. And his imagination was stupid. If you're gonna imagine yourself as a superhero, why the fuck would you have your imaginary superhero self wear an imaginary belt on his head and an imaginary pair of briefs over his shorts? And why quails of all things?

He didn't deserve Skeeter as his best friend. He didn't deserve having that inventor as his neighbour. And his obsession with Patty bordered on creepy.

On that note, I loved his hipster sister.
>>
File: 179254863.jpg (238KB, 660x492px) Image search: [Google]
179254863.jpg
238KB, 660x492px
The "good guys" in this show can be more of an ass than the bullies.
>>
>>92096531

>Threatened by some kid without hair on his balls when your actually getting tit time

He's a fucking sperg for even seeing a threat in Dipper, if he had half a brain he'd help Dipper get closer to Pacifica and let him know that going after a girl even a year older than you is hopeless. Cock blocking is the lowest form of shitty behavior
>>
>>92093028
>>92093071
This and I got the feeling that Roger was too emotionally stunted in his own way to just set the macho male bullshit aside for a minute to calm Doug down long enough.
Besides didnt they basically become friends by the end?
I think I remember an episode in the later seasons when Doug had to help Roger with something
>>
Roger was a closeted fag who was in love with Doug. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>92096749
It probably was meant for older kids. I only watched it cause nothing else was on. Then again, I only saw the Disney version so maybe I missed out.
This show was based off the creator's life or some shit right? Maybe it was just one big ego rub. At least Skeeter was cool.
>>
>>92096822
>>92093028
The way I saw it, Roger was closeted and gay for Doug. (With Roger just having impossibly bad tastes.) Roger would want to get closer to Doug, but both were complete fuckwads in their own ways.
>>
>>92096873
>I only watched it cause nothing else was on.
So this. It wasnt a bad show, just very dull and played too often on the "well it was all just a wacky misunderstanding!" thing
>>
>>92096749
I will note that with...like, two exceptions that every Patty episode involved Doug inconveniencing her or hurting her feelings in some way. He was somehow able to beat her at every sport/game they played which upset her, he *destroyed the home she was born in*, they were handcuffed together, and she caught him in that lie about how good of an equestrian he was which put himself in danger.

I mean, Patty herself seemed like a nice girl and all, but Doug wanted her to worship him when you think about it.

In theory the show is supposed to be comfort food for insecure shy-guys, but like you said, Doug was egotistical as fuck. Any situation where he should by rights fail or mess up typically results in him lucking out so he never really wises up like real kids do when the girl they like doesn't reciprocate their feelings or they have to, like, you know, face the consequences of their mistakes. Accidentally breaking your neighbor's grill and the situation all works out is one thing. But friends actually will move away or the bully you hate will one-up you and nothing you do can top it.
>>
>>92096531
this show is really fucked up. who would write a character like this?
>>
>>92096919
Even the name of the show is dull.
>>
>>92091943
Wasn't Roger's Mom a milf? And I mean her in-show design, not fanart?
Is there a reversal to that "my bully fucked my mom" fetish, with her?
>>
All I remember is that his mom has a southern accent and ...was his dad in jail or like a trucker or some shit?
>>
>>92094177
Holy shit how did I miss this
>>
File: 1489767937987.jpg (177KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
1489767937987.jpg
177KB, 533x388px
>>92093761
Dam, that's just beautiful
>>
File: 10.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>92096856

no, he just wanted to fuck his sister
>>
>>92096241
>if you completely rewrite the show and change Roger's personality entirely, he's actually a good person guys!

Sorry, but whether Doug's an unreliable narrator or not, it's still a cartoon, and what happens in it IS the reality. I don't exactly care for the creators actual experiences, but in the context of the show itself, Roger was an annoying prick that nobody liked but he stuck around anyway. He was the proto-Lars. I will never get /co/'s creepy obsession with painting Roger as some kind of saint.
>>
>>92097816
How did that episode end, again? Judy actually managed to weird him out and he bailed?
>>
>>92096749
>He seemed to think that the world revolved around him and overreacted to fucking everythin

That's exactly how a kid sees things though. Kids have a very warped sense of perspective. Most don't even realize there's an entire world outside of school.
>>
>>92094177
It was nothing special until roger showed up.
then I lost it
>>
>>92096767
Do they actually bully very much? Aren't they mostly superficially intimidating?
>>
>>92098222
In the first season or two they actually were bullies, but then they got tamed down over time to the point where they were protesting fast food joints and being friends with the main cast.
As someone mentioned in another Arthur thread, it fucked up how the characters interact with the show cause now you got Arthur and other characters acting like total dicks at times to represent an antagonistic element in each episode.
>>
File: IMG_2636.png (14KB, 618x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2636.png
14KB, 618x478px
>>92098997
That’s lame. Arthur was so cool because it was realistic unlike every other overly-positive kids shows. But it was at least not as negative as Franklin was.
>>
File: arthur_molly_pool.jpg (58KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
arthur_molly_pool.jpg
58KB, 500x339px
>>92098222

Molly was a bully but then she decided to show Arthur how fun /ss/ could be after seeing him in his trunks at the pool.
>>
File: A Buford Stomm Production.webm (611KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
A Buford Stomm Production.webm
611KB, 640x362px
Buford: great bully or greatest bully?
>>
File: Ghostly Kek.gif (665KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostly Kek.gif
665KB, 500x375px
>>92093028
Wasn't this already proven?
>>92095417
Wasn't that in the first episode when he got shit on his new shoes?
>>92093761
>pic related
>>92096873
It was one of the first shows on the Nicktoons block and was in a time when kids didn't dominate cartoons.
>>92098222
Yes. That one episode with Arthur getting punched by Binky implied that they fucked people up. The first few seasons even had Binky actively bullying kids.
>>
>>92096749
Doug had autism, or aspergers at least. They're shit is usually lame.
>I loved his hipster sister.
Your taste is as shit as his.
>>92096976
He did not beat her in every sport as she beat his ass, as well as most of their asses, in shit like baseball and I'm sure basketball.
>>
File: Squidward_Design_2.jpg (6KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Squidward_Design_2.jpg
6KB, 200x150px
Squidward isn't even really a bully outside of the first few seasons. I started rooted for him since most of the time it just seemed like he wanted to be left alone, but Spongebob kept fucking with him.
>>
>>92102550
I think Spongebob and especially Patrick end up harassing him far more often than he does to them.

Dat ep where squidward pretends to be a ghost to get the chuckfucks to do whatever he wanted was funny.
>>
>>92094177
>>92094177
A close second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMZ7T9tIwOg
>>
>>92097876
I think Judy weirded him out when she got hardcore and Rodger was just a poser.
>>
>>92093761

OH

MY GOD
>>
>>92094253
>It's VERY expensive
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.