[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is it just me or did that quality of this show start nose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 21343124312.jpg (58KB, 620x650px) Image search: [Google]
21343124312.jpg
58KB, 620x650px
So is it just me or did that quality of this show start nose diving hard after episode 3?

And no, this is not about Ashi, Ashi is fine. The problem is that first three episode where absolutely fantastic while everything after that felt fairly mediocre; the pacing started to feel a bit rushed (and with episode 7 started moving at a break neck speed), the animation for most the fights was far less impressive than the Scaramouch and Daughters of Aku fight (almost feels like their budget started to dry up), the outlines and models started to feel more off than usual, Jacks guilt over his entire village just kinda disappeared after the first episode, and we really didn't get a lot of overly memorable scenes after that point (river of screaming bodies, Jack hiding in the coffin, Jack and the wolf).

It honestly feels like they used too much of their budget for the first three episodes and have to stretch it a lot thinner now. I'm not saying episodes 4-7 were terrible, they just weren't really up to the same standard as 1-3
>>
>episode 3
But Anon, episode 4 is where he teamed up with the woolie mammoth things, and you still had 3 more seasons after that!
>>
EPISODE 1 WAS FUCKING TERRIBLE. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU MORONS KEEP RATING IT SO HIGHLY? REWATCH IT AGAIN, IT HAS THE SAME SHIT PACING AS THE EPISODES YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT
SCARAMOUCHE WAS THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT.
>>
>>92089200
4 and 5 should have been one episode..
6 was a fun, but a bit rushed at the end.
7 was rushed to hell and had way too much focus on Ashi instead of Jack getting his sword.
>>
>>92089200
>fairly mediocre

If it was on any other Cartoon, those episodes would be considered 9/10 AT WORST.
>>
I keep saying it, episode 4 was when it quit being dark "hope is lost" stuff and started feeling more like the original show. The first three were probably only as dark as they were so that [as] would greenlight it.
>>
>>92089290

I thought seven was the best of the four episodes you listed.
>>
File: samurai (1).jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
samurai (1).jpg
87KB, 640x480px
>>92089557
Genndy said that he wanted the first 3 to be a movie, in the same way that the first 3 of the original seasons are a movie.
>>
>>92089557
Shhh, let the bandwagoners have their fun.
>>
>>92089200
It's a shame that even a show like Samurai Jack is not immune to the same thing every returning show goes through after a long hiatus. Being either mediocre or bad.

And it's pretty clear what the ending is going to be too. Setting up Ashi this much kind of makes it predictable.
>>
>>92089200
dont you get tired doing the same thread everyday? brainless shitposting cuck
>>
"Nosedive" is a bit hyperbolic. I still enjoyed 4-7, but they are definitely not as stellar as the first 3 episodes. I think its because Genndy had a lot of loose ends to tie up (suicidal crazy Jack, Ashi being redeemed, finding the sword) before getting into the final act (Jack and Ashi going after Aku) and he didn't really know how to wrap all that stuff up satisfactorily.

Now that we've got all those plotlines finished I'm hoping the show picks back up for the final act.
>>
File: 1470555721066.jpg (259KB, 1597x1075px)
1470555721066.jpg
259KB, 1597x1075px
>>92089200
>first 3 episodes are 10/10
>the inbewteen are mediocre
>last 3 episodes are 10/10

I'm willing to bet this is what will happen

It's a common trend among serialized cartoons
>>
>>92089654
I thought he said he wanted this whole season to be a movie?
>>
File: 9ec.jpg (25KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
9ec.jpg
25KB, 537x416px
DAE HATE LE SAMURAI JACK?

Gee OP, maybe the fact we've had 20+ threads bitching about SJ proves your not alone.

Retard.
>>
>>92089290
>4 and 5 should have been one episode..
yes

>6 was a fun, but a bit rushed at the end.
yes, Wanderer Fight must be a Epic fight like one of the 2,3 chapters
>7 was rushed to hell and had way too much focus on Ashi instead of Jack getting his sword.
Tea ceremony was good, but the mad Jack is a thing we already watched before
>>
>>92089200
I feel like rewatching the entire season all at once will feel so much better than watching it week to week for some reason, like it'll just feel like a movie with short chapters. I watch over the garden wall this way and the length is similar and It feels like a movie too.

Budget will pick up at the end for sure
>>
So do you guys think this show will end?
>>
>>92090060
WATCHA!
>>
>>92089200
>>92089951
Gee, it's almost as if 10 episodes was inadequate a size for this season.
>>
>>92090060
Giant army vs Aku, jack trains Ashi hope and friendship kills Aku and Jack lives with his new family
>>
It started off good but not AS good as people make it out to be, the only episode you could say is flawless it's episode 1 and that was because it didn't commit to anything.

Episode 2 had reclicled animations everywhere and a couple of animation errors (8 daughters of Aku, shoes dissapearing and re-apearing) and to this day I still don't understand how the fuck the the Daughters knew Jack was inside that coffin.

In episode 3 there's a couple of errors too, like weapons reapering and the whole wolf thing made no sense, let alone that Jack gets hit with a maze and nothing happens. Those 3 are definitively the peak of the season but don't act like they are 10/10 greatest episodes ever.
>>
It's just you.
>>
>>92090060
Jack killing Aku but dying himself, followed by Ashi taking the sword and keeping Jack's legacy alive.
>>
How many fucking SJ bashing threads are you going to make that was exactly the fucking same you little slut
>>
>>92089200
Episode 2 was easily the best of the bunch, followed by 3, but the season is still very solid.
>>
>>92090013
This too.
>>
this season is god tier
>>
File: shiggy.gif (143KB, 545x524px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.gif
143KB, 545x524px
>>92090021
Imagine having so pathetic of a life as to not only go out of your way to watch something you dislike but to then spend hours bitching about it to complete strangers on a Panamanian maize-grinding forum.
>>
Jack is "young" again

FUCKING GENDY I LIKE THE NEW LOOK

also Ashi is the fucking problem had she had left in the current episode we'd be back to square one, now we have this awkward character whose character arc already completed
>>
>Jacks guilt over his entire village just kinda disappeared after the first episode

I'd kind of disagree with this part. They don't continue to bring up Jack's home specifically, but they keep up that general thread that Jack feels responsible for other people's deaths. First we see he feels responsible for all of the people dead because he never defeated defeating Aku, including his own people and family. And then later the straw that breaks the camel's back and leaves him so consumed with guilt he's ready to off himself is when he thinks he killed all those kids. And then we find out he was also feeling guilty about killing those sheep that one time too. They don't need to keep bringing up the "ghosts" from Jack's home after they establish them, but the overall theme of his general guilt over the lives of innocents was still present and was never suddenly dropped.
>>
>>92089200
>So is it just me or did that quality of this show start nose diving hard after episode 3?

Its the Elder scrolls series all over again
>>
>>92091290
What are you talking about anon? The Elder Scrolls never had a game past Morrowind.
>>
>>92090281
It's exactly what I wanted from the show. I'm enjoying the fuck out of this season, but everyone is so obsessed with what they want to happen.
>>
>>92091017
Her arc isn't completed until episode 9. And she ties into Jack. This season is all about Jack personally.
>>
>>92089200
>And no, this is not about Ashi,

Yes it is. The pacing went to shit, the moment she became a prominent character.
>>
>>92089200
I think that even though the recent episodes haven't really had the same amount of quality as the first 3, they're still pretty good and even for other shows would be considered abnormally high quality. Just remember that season 4 was literally 13-14 years ago, the fact that Jack is back is amazing, and the fact that it's only for 10 more episodes is just mind blowing to me considering most reboots like this end up being dogshit on the bottom of a shoe. You can tell Tartakovsky still cares a lot about the show, but even he can't control some outside forces such as budget or whatever, though I still think that episode 7 was definitely rushed. And while I may miss the more serious vibe the early episodes have, just remember that Jack is now dead set to get rid of Aku once and for all, hence why he had tea with the tiny Buddha dude so he can bring back a sense of balance. Angry triangle face Jack is out of the picture as far as we can see, and the gods have deemed Jack worthy of his current sword, so naturally Jack is going to become the sly faced badass he was before. But regardless, I'm holding my final judgment until episode 10 is done, though I think that Genndy might need more than just 10 episodes, but who knows.
>>
>>92090060
>Giant army of good characters, some returning allies, vs. giant army of evil characters, some returning enemies
>In the middle of it all, Jack vs. Aku have a climatic final battle
>Jack manages to finally defeat Aku once and for all.
>Soon after, he learns that there's one last time portal Aku missed, the one from the traveling creatures episode
>Jack says his goodbyes to everyone, particularly Ashi and the Scotsman, before heading off.
>He soon arrives at the portal, where he has a rematch with the Guardian.
>Eventually, the Guardian declares Jack victorious and steps aside for Jack to use the portal.
>Jack takes one last look at the future before stepping through.
>Cut to the past, where Aku has just sent Jack through time and is laughing victoriously.
>His triumph is cut short when another portal opens up, which Jack steps out of with his sort raised
>Freeze frame, a short monologue by Jack that's sort of like Aku's monologue from the intro, but from Jack's perspective
>Sword slashing sound
>WHA-CHA!
>>
>>92091491
In your opinion! Jack has the sword. All he needs to do is defeat Aku. That's all the fucking pacing it needs.
>>
>>92091578
Sword* raised.
>>
File: 1473692717469.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1473692717469.png
358KB, 552x543px
>>92090060
Probably a bitter sweet ending probably we will have a surprise ending or what not

>jack kills future aku
>jacks goes back into the past
>jack kills past aku
>jack realizes that all the people he have helped will not exist because the creation of a alternate timeline
>we see all the character that jack helped in his adventures thanking him for helping them in their time of need
>Ashi is the last projection he sees and she says "good bye"

Sometihing like the ending of over the garden wall, or something like that.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (22KB, 349x294px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
22KB, 349x294px
>>92089235

WRONG. TOP GEAR JACK WAS HIS BEST MODE
>>
I like the new season yeah I agree with the animation errors and asime rushed plot points but it's still a good season overall kind of excited for episode 8 were jack and ashi goes up against a bounty hunter who is supposed to be the absolute best but well see about that
>>
>>92093301
Some* I need to stop typing so fast
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.