[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worm Thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 560
Thread images: 61

File: skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg (131KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg
131KB, 1024x576px
This is Skitter, say something nice about her.
>>
>>92083442
Is worm really /co/ yet? Id love to have this thread, and /lit/ isnt the place to have it, but I've yet to see a lot of worm related /co/ stuff other than a few pretty good fanarts.
>>
She was a psychopath and hypocrite that deserved everything bad that ever happened to her
>>
>>92083633
literally no board wants it, sometimes /tg/ has a stat thread about it. Also Skitter was way to hard on herself.
>>
>>92083674
She saved the world that should count for something.
>>
>>92083442
Worm is pretty neat, better use of powers than most comics. Even still someone like Clockblocker could have done way more with his power than he does.
>>
File: Warlord Skitter.png (332KB, 550x891px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord Skitter.png
332KB, 550x891px
I will forever be mad about how shitty the story treated Grue after he was turned into a fridge, he deserved better all around.

>92083674
Her Warlord outfit with the combat skirt was the best version of her costume but there's literally no fanart of it besides pic related

>>92083633
I've seen Worm threads on /co/ before, it's kind of unclear what other boards it exactly belongs in besides /lit/, but let's be honest that is never going to happen, but /co/ (because it's capeshit) and /tg/ (because it has an official game and /tg/ talks about anything as long as the setting is interesting) seem to usually fit.
>>
>>92083967
Grue going from reasonable leader guy to kinda nothing or just paralyzed fear sucked, it would have been cool if he grew put of it, but you had no time for that with the time sip. Also wish the Chicago wards needed far stronger characterization and connection to Taylor.
>>
>>92083967
Good enough for me, and I agree that /lit/ has it's head way too far up its own ass to admit enjoying worm. Favorite arc?
>>
>>92084100
I still like the later arcs quite a lot but the earlier stuff has time for the characters to breathe and talk to each other. Taylor shopping with the Undersiders and talking about trigger events was a cool connection to make with the characters even Regent showed how he could sympathize with Taylor in his own way.
>>
>>92084078
The timeskip fucked up just about everything it possibly could've. I'm going to chalk it up to wildbow writing himself into a box with the whole "the world ends in two years" thing and trying to make the best of the situation. Fortunately, that portion of the book is getting pretty heavy rewrites in preparation for an actual retail release.
>>
>>92084078
I still can't remember anything about the individual Chicago Wards besides Golem.
>>
>>92084191
Bringing in new endbringers was dumb and unneeded, the timeskip just should not have happened. Give Skitter and the Chicago Wards characterization and interactions as they dismantle criminals across north America show how scary Taylor is when she is driven to a goal and have her and Grace butt heads.
>>
>>92084100
The arcs right after Leviathan but excluding the 9 and the Travelers until she turns face.
>>
>>92084225
Golem was defined by the time he met Jack. The Chicago Wards well, Tecton is a good leader type guy kinda stiff, Cuff is a scaredy cat, Grace can be argumentative but it is all kinda shallow. Also their powers are kinda boring compared to Brockton Bay Wards.
>>
>>92084100
Definitely the Warlord arcs, the story first started having real problems like way too fast pacing around then but it was overall one of my favourite city level stories, also Slaughterhouse 9 were pretty good villains.
>>
>>92084322
Worm had really good potential as a street cape story. Wildblow pulled of the bigger stuff pretty well, but really if you wanted a world ending scenario you could have just used regular characters that have been developed over time as the main antagonist instead of autistic gold superman. I really wanted it to be Golem vs Skitter or something to that effect.
>>
>>92084400
I don't know, I guess I'm just a sucker for the huge, ancient aliens, weird, out there world ending stuff. The concept of the shards, the endbringers, and the entities was my favorite part of the story, even though I can recognize that they worse some of the worst paced/written arcs.
>>
>>92085063
I'm not going to say Wildblow didn't pull off all of the big stuff cause he really did. But having the alien stuff as cool background stuff that could drive the characters motives would have been cooler but it would also be a totally different story. When the Endbringers were first brought up early in the story it was right before the bank job and just the way Skitter and Tattletale were talking about them they sounded like some sort of doomsday cult Then Leviathan shows up and I'm just shocked that it's this 30 foot tall water monster. Man Leviathan killed a lot of fucking characters.
>>
>>92085063
The original plan was that Worm was supposed to be way shorter and only one story of many that take place in that universe, that's why the blog is called "Parahumans" and not just "Worm".

In the end Wildbow decided to stick with Worm but if he had stuck with the original plan he probably would've came up with a better way of explaining the whole stuff about the entities from other POVs without having to involve Taylor in any way.
>>
File: 200.gif (3MB, 292x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
3MB, 292x200px
Finally I can talk about the nightmares behemoth gave me after reading about it jesus christ.
>>
>>92085487
Bonesaw was worse, Skitter on the operating table, the fucking amnesia plague, the Blasto puppet. Every time Bonesaw was in a scene, I just wanted that freak to die.
>>
there is genuinely a worm cartoon coming unless wildbow or the network fucks it up

hold your hands in prayer, if it happens it will be good, I know who will be behind it and it's the best possible news
>>
>>92085596
Dude don't say shit like that, it would never happen and even if it did no one would have a budget for something like that. We can't even get good Marvel or DC cartoons.
>>
>>92085665
I swear to god it's true, but just wait, I suppose
>>
>>92085487
>If your happy and you know it clap your hands.
>>92084400
Time skip was bad and alexandria dying was pointless but thankfully it all picks back up during the behemoth battle and the final extended fight between khepri and [___] is among my top five fights of all time.
>>
>>92085683
I won't complain if it EVER became real, but it would be the most shocking cartoon project I would have seen greenlit.
>>
File: triumvirate.jpg (1MB, 3299x2199px) Image search: [Google]
triumvirate.jpg
1MB, 3299x2199px
>>92085665
Not that I believe the spoilered post either but Wildbow straight up said that there is a about a 1/20 chance that a network would buy the rights to his story (it got close enough that he was even negotiating with some of them, though he never said what the result was) and if that passes another 1/50 chance that they would bother making something out of it instead of just sitting on the script.

I mean it's still really damn low chances but better than I ever expected them to be.
>>
>>92085756
I personally was laughing my ass off with how the Echidna fight ended. Bitch (no not that bitch) got what was coming to her.
>>
>>92085822
That is probably cause studios and/or networks like locking down scripts or rights to properties in general. But yeah who knows, as long as we aren't in the darkest timeline and Pact gets greenlit for HBO or some shit.
>>
>>92085977
>Cartoon Network takes Twig

Worst timeline or Greatest?
>>
>>92086079
I literally just started on Twig but it does seem like it would be a pretty popular setting.
>>
Coil was the best villain. It's a shame the person he pretended to be was better than the person he really was. He could have been a really great Xanatos figure if he weren't so eager to hurt and use children.
>>
>>92085232
Never heard that, but it makes a lot of sense. The miss militia backstory interlude that gave us the first glimpse of entities and shards and all that shit got me so fucking hyped when I read it. A lot of the best set up for Scion and shit was told from other perspectives, but a lot of my least favorite parts of the story were from other perspectives as well. Sometimes he just nailed it (Most Powerful Man in the World) and sometimes the other perspectives were a complete miss (Travelers arc, Golem PoV).
>>
>>92086105
Keep reading. Hands down the best wildbow writing and the least marketable as a cartoon out of all of his works. Although I would laugh my ass off if cartoon Network tried to pull it off.
>>
>>92086732
The problem with the Travelers arc was that Kraus and Cody were absolutely fucking insufferable and both of them needed to die. FUCK Cody, Accord deserved so much better.
>>
File: Sleeper.jpg (46KB, 429x346px) Image search: [Google]
Sleeper.jpg
46KB, 429x346px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>92086722
He was super paranoid it made him hard to work with/for, even if he paid well
>>
>>92086848
With Accord I just yelled WHY, I liked the Ambassadors as a concept too.
>>
>>92086732
Half of the Golem POV was good, and I liked Genesis in the travelers interlude, but yeah shifting from one character to another is hard to do, and you don't know if your reader will like it every time you do it.
>>
File: capes in russia.png (135KB, 1859x746px) Image search: [Google]
capes in russia.png
135KB, 1859x746px
Why is some of the most interesting stuff not even in the story but explained outside of it in forum posts that are scattered all over?
>>
>>92087099
He probably puts everyone to sleep in a collective dream or some shit, even if he was supposed to have his power undefined.
>>
>>92087202
It could be a cool arc on its' own, but a lot of it would go toward describing how all this stuff works to the reader and the other characters. Which was a big problem of Pact's.
>>
>>92087202
Again, Worm was supposed to be a lot of different stories, not just Taylor's. It's unfortunate because some portions of Pact (Girl in the Checkered Scarf) and a lot of Twig paint the picture of Wildbow being able to play with a lot of very different Main Characters.
>>
>>92083442
I'm on arc 16 and goddamn this motherfucker is a slog half the time.
>>
Tattletale is best girl
>>
>>92087507
Fights can get a bit too involved.
>>
>>92087675
She is the second most developed character easily.
>>
>>92087706
No fucking kidding. Was he trying to pad out chapters by being overly descriptive or something?
>>
>>92087759
Wildblow, or really anyone could get the SAME level of description of an actions scene with less words, and give the characters a chance to think about others things. More banter and or personality coming through the characters that have to deal with these situations.
>>
>>92087099
I saw a theory someone put forward, he could turn people into sleeper agents for him then wake them all up at once
>>
>>92087872
That's just a shittier valefor.
>>
>>92087872

That doesn't seem like a serious enough power for even Khepri to consider him more trouble than he's worth.
>>
>>92087958
Yeah and valefor was a dumb cuck who could have been a top tier S class threat

It makes sense that a shitter version is still S
>>
It pulled a midichlorians.
You never pull a midichlorians.

Wildbow always has serious problems with scope and focus.
>>
>>92087872
I'm betting on the theory that he's a proximity based master/hivemind thing that jumps between the various bodies and that the master effect field centers on wherever the awake sleeper is at any given moment.

Also the theory that sleeper is somehow connected to abandon.
>>
What's a more potent power? Valefor or [Spoiler] Khepri [/spoiler]

Imagine Jack or the true best and smartest villain [Spoiler] Marquis [/spoiler] with Valefors power
>>
>>92083674
In her defense she is constantly influenced by a conflict driven alien parasite.
>>
>>92088168
Unlimited parallel actions beat Valefor's power, bassically by shear force it just snowballs into a fucking monster, even if it Vale's power was used by someone who wasn't a fuck up.
>>
>>92088046
You mean the entities?

Those things had been foreshadowed at for the whole damh story. Miss militia's interlude, bonesaw talking about the power granting brain organ, Bonesaw giving powers to clones using dna, cauldron's grumblings about a looming danger. It's all there.
>>
I want aberrant 2e to come out so I can try and run worm in it.
>>
>>92088175
It really seems like the sort of thing that if you know it is influencing you then you can easily ignore it, Reilly being a good example of this.
>>
I've tried getting into this so many times but I always end up giving up/getting stuck. It's so fucking long sweet jesus.
It sucks that there aren't any decent summaries out there either, I want to know more about how they defeat scion.
>>
>>92088325
But Taylor was one of the capes who happened to be incredibly in tune with her shard
>>
>>92088364
A black hole is made and the four heroes come out of the juju and that's it.
>>
>>92088364
They bully him. Seriously.
>>
>>92088418
>final conflict in an anti-bullying story is resolved by bullying
>>
>>92088387
Fuck
>>92088418
I know the general outline, I just can't find the scene. I guess I wish I could pick apart all the scion moments by them self really
>>92088439
DEEPEST
>>
>>92088366
Yeah and when she realized she was unconsciously screwing people over it was a wake up call and that shit never happened again. Taylor's "bad" decisions mostly come down to the fact that she does not value herself at all.
>>
>>92088460
Buddy, just read the damn thing. Yeah, it's long as fuck, but that means more good content. It's worth it, I promise.
>>
>>92085977
>HBO's Pact.

I can't even imagine what that would look like.
>>
>>92088460
They keep showing him his dead girlfriend over and over again until he just snaps and he lets the heroes kill him. If he was more mature he would have just let it slide off him but he had no emotional fortitude at all.
>>
>>92087202
Worm is the result of several different rough drafts of other cape stories, I guess Wildbow still has alot of those ideas bouncing around in his head.
>>
>>92088478
Not all of its good. Honestly it'd be great if a good editor went through and helped trim the fat.

>>92088514
That doesn't sound like a matter of maturity.
>>
>>92088488
Like True Blood, probably with the same kind of fanbase too.
>>
>>92088534
It kind of is a matter of mental maturity in the sense that his kind do not these filters at all, he is an autistic god and the final arc is him becoming more an individual that can function on his own.
>>
>>92088541
How's True Blood? I just know that it's the raunchy Vampire show.
>>
>>92088488
I could get behind Blake being played by Stephen Amell.
>>
>>92088595
Actually decent, years back HBO marathoned like three seasons and it had good characters and the episodes weren't blatant filler.
>>
>>92088534
A couple of arcs are a drag and most fight scenes involving more than like 5 people can be a real brick wall to get through but I assure you you'd appreciate having read most of the thing. Wildbow isn't Hussie.
>>
>>92088637
Fuck Blake, fuuuuck Rose, fuck Conquest, Evan is cool though. Terrible characters Jesus Christ.
>>
>>92088696
Disagree. Blake can be a great character if you rework him a little bit.
>>
>>92088488
It's probably the easiest Wildbow property to adapt. It only starts getting really fucky in the Abyss and in the last third
>>
>>92088725
Absolutely true, but he ain't and it is super frustrating. I thought that Blake and Rose would have had a cool odd couple thing working together while humorously bickering but instead it was paranoia on both sides of the relationship and it just sucked hard.
>>
>>92088646
Well I'm through a little more than half of it honestly the only reason I keep reading is because I've been spoiled about much of the rest of the story. I keep waiting for these moments of payoff and when they I'm underwhelmed and try to hope the next one will be it. I can see why people love Worm so much but I'm just not feeling it.
>>
>>92088744
It would also be the property that would do best with a rewrite to the story, characters, and even the rules of magic. Seriously the whole not lying thing is a headache to make the protagonists life more difficult, and it doesn't need to be. Lying is obviously something you should let your protagonist do if they are out gunned and everyone wants to kill them. Works for Constantine that's for damn sure.
>>
>>92088848
I guess Worm really isn't for you, then. You tried.
>>
>>92088848
Well if you've been spoiled than yeah it would hurt your enjoyment, but also Wildblow isn't the most technically proficient writer, at least in Worm and Pact, Twig seems better but I'm on the first chapter.
>>
>>92088927
>Well if you've been spoiled than yeah it would hurt your enjoyment
Science says the opposite is true.
>>
>>92083442
What the fucking shit? I've literally never heard of this before until my friend rec'd it to me a month ago. I just finished a few days ago and have been looking up all the supplemental info I can. even the RP game they made.
>>
>>92089010
Same boat as you then dude.
>>
>>92083674
She deserved nothing that happened to her and I'm still pissed about the ending.
>>
>>92088877
It's integral to the magic system. Having to catch someone in a lie ties back to the Fae and the old timey expectations and values set by the Seal of Solomon, telling skewed truths to mislead leads back to the interpretative angle of magic.

Hell the whole point of why Blake fucks up so much is that he's a fairly decent, honest person who tried to escape his backstabbing cunt family. It's only in returning does he realize that there's an entire hidden magical world built on nothing but being backstabbing cunts.
>>
File: 123[1].jpg (2KB, 123x185px) Image search: [Google]
123[1].jpg
2KB, 123x185px
What versions of superman would lose to mrs flying brick?
>>
>>92089244
>Hell the whole point of why Blake fucks up so much is that he's a fairly decent, honest person who tried to escape his backstabbing cunt family. It's only in returning does he realize that there's an entire hidden magical world built on nothing but being backstabbing cunts.

Exactly it's the best part of the setting.
>>
>>92089315
DCAU.
>>
Greg is worst boy, even worse than Colin. Regent had good character arc, I legit cried.
>>
Accord did nothing wrong
>>
>>92089524
He didn't kill Cody, that was a mistake.
>>
>>92089524
If he's so smart how come he hasn't solved world hunger?
>>
File: simurgh_by_saniika-d6pspg0.jpg (950KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
simurgh_by_saniika-d6pspg0.jpg
950KB, 750x1200px
>Screaming intensifies
>>
>>92083442
She troopered on in situations that would have made Tony Stark and Reed Richards whimper.

By the way does any-one have a copy of the series that preceded Worm?
>>
>>92089502
Greg could have been a far bigger annoyance, I mean he was only indirectly responsible for the shitstorm Taylor went through. Regent subtly being a decent guy was great, his fucked up personality is something he is aware of and admits to, and it seems like he could be a real terror but it never happens. I liked him early on when he was arguing with Taylor about hit back against her bullies and it really showed in his weird way he does care about others, just his whole fuck will be dead in a few years anyway I'm with you guys till the end.
>>
>>92089524
If Worm was a more city focused adventure he would have been the best. Hell even world ending catastrophes he would be right at home problem solving. Poor bastard.
>>
>>92089846
google guts and glory wildblow, and you'll find some of the conceptual drafts he did.
>>
pact is still somehow my favourite wildbow story
the parts that everyone say are bad are really bad but what it has over worm and twig is that is shorter and less bloated than worm and i actually care about the worldbuilding and the setting (i just dont care much for biopunk)

it could have been great if blake had been allowed to be a normal practitioner with an implement and a demesne, i dont care if it would have been too similar to taylor, i wanted my magical munchkin finding clever ways to bootstrap himself to power
>>
>>92089712
He did though. It's The World that refuses to make the sacrifices necessary.
>>
>>92083967
>I will forever be mad about how shitty the story treated Grue after he was turned into a fridge, he deserved better all around
Nigger deserved that, he's a shitty leader all along, and gritter deserved to fail.
She'd have banged aryan Prince Theo, clockblocker or cucked dragon and had fiery sex with armsmaster
>>
>>
>>92090267
My god you talk like an absolute retard.
>>
>>92089798
She is the best Wormfu
>>
>>
>>
does anyone feel like twig is not really taking full advantage of its setting?

i would have liked more to follow fray or an experiment with actual cool powers beyond "adaptable brain" you barely notice sy's abilities in the first few arcs, for all you know he could just be a really smart kid.
i would have liked a protagonist who could pull crazy science to solve their problems instead of just social manipulation and stealth, half the time it feels like the story doesnt even need that particular setting, it could just be about a prodigal kid overtaking institutions in 1900 america or whatever, the biopunk really feels like a superficial coating.
>>
>>92084100
Fight against AZNBB, Leviathan and S9. Also the final chapter and fairy girl epilogue (Valkirye - Nilbog - Bonesaw would be the most badass trinity of worm), then Dragon - Defiant epilogue (Colin made his waifu real, then reprogrammed her, that guy also deserved everything good that happened to him)
>>
File: Narwhal_Worm.jpg (235KB, 2188x2636px) Image search: [Google]
Narwhal_Worm.jpg
235KB, 2188x2636px
Best girl.
>>
>>92090348
T-tall
>>
>>92085596
Imagine HBO using Got tier budget for a worm series, they'd create a superhero universe that'd compete with marvel and DC
>>
>>
>>92088364
>It sucks that there aren't any decent summaries out there
This. I gave it a try but I can't bring myself to care about the writing as much as I do as about what happens next.
>>
>>92086722
He's the only person that ever apologized to skitter for him being a douche, and he built the machine that took down the big bad without keprhi influence, he's one of the best heroes along with dragon
>>
>>92090428
You're thinking of Colin.
>>
for anyone interested here are sample chapters of other stories wildbow could have written instead of Pact.

FACE:
>cyberpunk setting in a closeish future. a guy gets kidnapped and becomes a part of a strange sadistic game where he has to hunt 12 other people across a city, think a mix between hunger games and the running man
https://wildbow.wordpress.com/2013/12/03/samples-face-1/

PEER:
>fantasy, in a fictional medieval world in the brink of war with this other nation of semi-human creatures (with an actually fully realized and detailed culture). we follow this guy who is the son of an infamous man who holds a position in the goverment despite everyone knowing he is a fiend and a criminal. the protagonist has a curse that if he stares into someone's eyes for too long he sees them for who they really are, he gets involved into all the intrigues of cloack and dagger of the war as the old gods seems to be returning
https://wildbow.wordpress.com/2013/11/23/samples-peer-1/

they both sound so, so much better than what we ended up having and im honestly kind of pissed that i will have to wait for AFTER worm 2 (and god knows how long that will be) before having a chance of seeing anything about thse stories again
>>
File: Captura6.jpg (38KB, 660x532px) Image search: [Google]
Captura6.jpg
38KB, 660x532px
>>92090517
>mfw i read peer
>ywn have a qt elf girl to plot with and feed you until you grow big and fat because that is what her culture finds atractive
>>
>>92090227
I've said it before but Pact is much more releasable than Worm, which gives it a leg up. It has major problems but it doesn't suffer from Worm's less interesting back half characters. It also has Green Eyes and the Abyss or whatever was a cool concept.
>>
>>92090805
i tried to re-read worm
i tried to re-read pact
guess wich one i actually finished.
pact seriously becomes a lot better on a second read because you know what's coming so the bad doesnt take you by suprise and the good hypes you up before you get there.

my only real problem with pact is that in this world made basically entirely of vicious cycles, where everything seems to be getting worse all the time and slowly degrading towards the abyss, you have to wonder how the fuck did humans managed to get a leg up before the seal of solomon. like before that humans were just prey and cattle to be played with by higher beings, and then somehow they managed to establish civilization and kickstart the modern world
>>
File: zYEtIk1.jpg (61KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
zYEtIk1.jpg
61KB, 1365x2048px
>>92089315
>>
>>92091015
Ambitious power plays like what Johannes was trying to pull
>>
>>92091824
ok but johannes was only able to pull that shit because he had the pipes.
what did humans had before the solomon seal to buil anything close to a power base against the Others?
>>
>>92088248
Khepri only has 15 foot range without doormaker and the clairvoyant and is essentially a stroke victim.

Valefor's power is insane if you are not a total retard like he was.
>>
>>92092011
Khepri keeps obtaining capes that can potentially expand her range, influence, and faculties and is proficient in all the powers she comes across, which she uses in combination all at the same time. I'm not saying Valefor can't do ridiculous shit with his power but really Teacher's power is better than his, a whole cult of thinkers was basically the to be continued of Worm's story.
>>
>>92088364
Long story short, Tayor went S class and beyond after a power upgrade attempt gone horribly right. After that, everyone was working together.
>>
I really hate Contessa and everything she does. her power is just a retarded mutant spawn of Nelson Muntz's HA HA gif and a Gameshark. Skitter is just fucking Annoying with her constant sense of "Everything i do is right no one can say otherwise".
>>
>>92092643
Contessa may need to ask questions to make her power work which is possibly a weakness to it, also some powers have been shown to slip past hers. As far as Skitter is concerned she is pretty much a ball of guilt who most of the time won't argue in defense of herself as much as she could, like her talk with Clockblocker at the start of the Echidna arc.
>>
>>92092750

I just wish something, anything could've stomped her or dealt her a legitimate irreversible loss that can't be shrugged off with a trip to the healer, willpower or by sprinkling Coil's magic fairy dust Bank account on it
>>
>>92093000
You would probably have to rewrite the whole story to make that work out. Skitter during the Leviathan arc has her back broken, the S9 arc piled on a shit ton of damage, and by the mid point of the Echidna arc she was blind sick and could barely stand. Each of those times when she is just about maxed out some form of healing comes into play. If Worm were a more low key city focused story then you could have something like a recovery arc where Taylor is on the mend using her powers as a behind the scenes crime boss or whatever and she could grow as a character from that too. But in Worm there is literally no time for that stuff, there is a countdown clock to Armageddon, Endbringers come around like clockwork, and all the scenarios keep being ratcheted up. So yeah you would need to rewrite the story in some way to make it work, and/or just kill Taylor which was an option early on.
>>
>>92092643
>Skitter is just fucking Annoying with her constant sense of "Everything i do is right no one can say otherwise".
Thats every teenager though.
And after a point she does know the shit she's doing is wrong, since she eventually tries to join the Wards. Its just that she cant actually make changes in any other way after the first bad decisions. Did you completely blank out how she mentally reacted to the event with Triumph?
>>
>>92093190

It doesn't have to be an endlesss string of failure, just one thing like friend or an asset that sets her back or just anything that shatters the illusion of invincibility that surrounds her gets her treated like a flat chested Saitama.
>>
File: 1453459997787.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1453459997787.png
260KB, 803x790px
I stopped reading right after Leviathan attack
Is it worth getting back to?
>>
>>92087214
Too obvious for the name. I think Wildbow already refuted that one.
I think he is just an off-the-walls Shaker with imagination based powers, maybe tied to sleep since he's found mostly still and whenever he moves an entire Earth is considered subsumed.
Whatever he thinks just sorta pops up and happens around him, which would be a good reason for Khepri not to touch him and bring him along.
>>
>>92093549
Yes. Plenty of really good character moments and plots. Though your mileage will vary.
>>
>>92093488
The illusion of invincibility is mostly her enemies or the media playing her up, Skitter is mostly oblivious to how people perceive her both good and bad. Any amount of arrogance she has goes towards self destructive behavior so it's not as if she is getting any satisfaction out of it like Shadow Stalker did. So I guess someone like Regent or whatever could have humiliated her for the public like you want but her set backs usually were internal either in her head or body or teammates suffering in some way.
>>
File: gray_boy_by_delta_sulfur-db7qckl.jpg (117KB, 1024x1171px) Image search: [Google]
gray_boy_by_delta_sulfur-db7qckl.jpg
117KB, 1024x1171px
>>92093549
Depends on what you liked or what you disliked. Character interaction never ceases to be golden. You meet a lot of cool motherfuckers and scenarios up ahead and despite there being 3 to 4 not-all-that-good Arcs, weak in some points, therefore not clashing very well with the rest of the story's quality IMO, the Crushed Arc and everything related to the ending just ties everything together so deliciously that I can't not recommend you to finish it one day.
I think Arc 8 just brings about the other side of the story, a set piece that twists the story around to show you its best parts that were dormant.
18.x (Donation Interlude #1; The Most Powerful Man in the World)
15.y (Donation Interlude #2; A guy with the second trigger event)
and arguably 26.x (Interlude, …)
Are one of the most unique and memorable pieces of writing after that point that I've ever read.
>>
>>92093549
Yeah just chew through it, it's pretty good.
>>92093552
Also completely possible, as a character that was left as a vague S-class threat anything possible related to his name would fit. That would make him a shaker above even Labyrinth who was a level 12 which is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>92083442
She murders babies and likes the BBC
There is absolutely nothing nice to be said
>>
>>92093461

I do remember that stuff with triumph, i honestly think that part plus the meeting with tagg and all the self-rationalization made me nope the hell out. On some level i understand what the Author wanted to do with Taylor, But i just couldn't move past my dislike of her. That is my fault and something i should've worked out. And the endless bending over backwards of the PRT and their endless inability to contribute sticks in my craw somewhat, but again, that's just a peeve of mine
>>
>>92090458
Armsmaster literally made his waifu real
>>
Female characters can't be good.
>>
>>92093758
Can we talk about Grey Boy for a moment?

And maybe talk about why King apparently liked having quite a few young, impressionable boys about.
>>
File: tumblr_op0q0n1uSB1v0mscvo1_1280.jpg (50KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0q0n1uSB1v0mscvo1_1280.jpg
50KB, 1280x1280px
>>92093955
That is perfectly okay though. Did you manage to finish reading? Discussions on Taylor are always good, its the first book I read where the main character is so divisive on purpose and you can still enjoy the book regardless. I do think she is irredeemable, but I also think she knows this. From her last lines on the last ever chapter we know that she knows everything she's done is fucked up and her fault. She even wanted to die, after all. But its the way she found to make a difference, to matter where others couldn't, on the field, as a minion, as a part of the hive. And I could always respect that on her. Couldn't always agree, I mean, fuck, Glenn Chambers exists as a character to point out her flaws in a way that she accepts them as flaws, like, hey, maybe try not to traumatized everyone involved when you do your thing just because your power makes you think like a weirdo?
What I can't understand is people that drop the book because of Taylor, because while she fights tooth and nail, she does keep getting her shit fucked and eventually, in my understanding at least, does get whats coming for her.

>>92094210
pic related would like to have a talk with you
>>
>>92094246
I wonder why and how Jack convinced Number Man to actually turn against him and how that fight. Since we actually don't know shit about King.
I also wonder what happened to the surviving S9000 because by Golden Morning we definitely see that some of them are still alive.
Sadly, by Wildbow's patreon art, it would seem our new main character won't be one of those guys.

Also, Grey Boy has the perfect set up, presentation and time onscreen of an OP character I think I've ever seen. The way he was finished off is just such an interesting connection with the rest of the story too. It also shows that his power, at least on himself, isn't entirely time based, but reality based, since the Sting doesn't interact with TIME but more with dimensions. I do wonder where the line between the two is though and what are the precise rules on the Boy.
>>
That initial conversation between taylor and the kid who's name I forget right after she takes on lang still gives me warm fuzzies.
>>
Why is Jack such a terribly boring character?
>>
File: T2Ol6xy.jpg (479KB, 3208x2952px) Image search: [Google]
T2Ol6xy.jpg
479KB, 3208x2952px
What's her endgame /co/?
>>
>>92093549
Right after the attack is when it's at it's best.
>>
>>92094522
Shitposting on Parahumans Online
>>
>>92094515
The Midlife Crisis is real Anon, even when you've got weird cutty powers, it's real.
>>
>>92094565
Shit I thought that was Simurgh from the thumbnail, Valkyrie will eventually be considered the greatest hero after all the current crop of capes die off that are scared shitless of her.
>>
>>92087099

My personal theory was that his power was simply making everyone think he had a scary amount of power

But then I think Wildbow denied this

BUTTTTT maybe Wildbow is affected by his power too
>>
File: 4801ozsl8ljy.jpg (138KB, 651x1300px) Image search: [Google]
4801ozsl8ljy.jpg
138KB, 651x1300px
>>92094515
He is *le mastermind*, so you either love them or hate them.
I think his end is fitting, not even defeated, just back-stabbed because he was maybe about to lose, and in the end, he is just like everyone else with a side of fuck up childhood.
I think his backstory should be in the book though, it makes sense that he would go around making the world dangerous and give a lot more weight to his thought process when half his youth life he was locked inside a bunker by his psychotically overprotective parents that were trying to teach him that the world outside was full of dangerous people, just to trigger when allowed to come out when the food was over years later to see how the world was at the time. Just boring, normal and uneventful, day in, day out.
>>
How would you do Static Shock powers in the Wormverse? The whole bit. It's for some stupid fiction I'm writing for myself and I want some ideas.
>>
>>92095376
Telekinesis related to electrons in inorganic materials. You can "charge" electrons with a new type of energy entirely unrelated to the rest of the universal forces that lets you then magnetize, move and electrocute materials since you are effectively moving electrons around depending on other physico-chemical properties. Rubber has electrons on it. Sure, you can apply your power to that just as easily, but moving them around the material, while possible, is still slow, difficult and useless
>>
>>92095376
He would be an electromagnetic blaster / technopathic master hybrid in the strictest classification. Versatile electromagnetic projection and energy manipulation that with practice could manipulate technology.
>>
>>92095499
Yeah that fits the same vein as the description of Parian's fabric manipulation.
>>
>>92095499
I like this idea. I was thinking about having his electricity be a different type of energy anyway that just looks and functions similarly to regular electricity, just green and not just used for shocking things.
>>
Would Cauldron be interested in something like the Everyman Project.?i mean the prospect of powers that don't come from space whale and the potential to reproduce contessa's power should prove enticing to them right.?
>>
>>92095951
I don't think they would actually want more Contessas.
Maybe more Eidolons or Triumvirate/Cauldron-S9 level powers, but more Contessas would actually be pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>92095951
They would be interested in the Everyman Project if Contessa's shard told them it was the best way to beat Scion.
>>
>>92089315
All the cartoon versions and all the live action supermen as long as you bother to disregard the "flying around the world fast enough to reverse time" feat as the outliner bit of stupidity that it is.
>>
The Undersiders are dull.

That is all.
>>
>>92097687
Tattletale was cool. Anyone mad we never saw her evil twin?
>>
>>92098334
It might have been interesting but I can see why Wildbow dropped the idea. It just didn't mesh with a lot of things.
>>
>>92083674

He said say something NICE you cuck.
>>
>>92098386
That was pretty nice by Worm standards.
>>
>>92094458
>Sadly, by Wildbow's patreon art, it would seem our new main character won't be one of those guys.
Could you elaborate further?
>>
>>92099003
His patreon has a piece of artwork featuring each of his protagonists (Blake, Taylor, Sly) in the foreground and a featureless girl figure in the background which people are speculating to be the protagonist for Worm 2.
>>
Im reading the first page and jesus, this is like every american highschool stereotype mixed with extreme angst and self-centerdness.
Whats the appeal?
>>
>>92099444
Push through it. It's a weak start but the first cape fight is coming up soon. If you still aren't interested then just drop it. The highschool stuff drops off sharply not long after.

I've always thought that the story should have started with the first fight.
>>
>>92099444
>Whats the appeal?
Very interesting worldbuilding, cleverly written use of powers, interesting and in depth characters.

Draw backs are it's being terribly long-winded, overly descriptive, and awkwardly structured.
>>
>>92099444
The first two chapters suck, it's some sort of mind game
>>
>>92089712
his shard keeps fucking him over so he can't do it
word of god

he's literally only a villain because his shard keeps subtly ruining all his non-conflict causing plans

accord really did nothing wrong
>>
>>92090517
Peer sounds kind of garbage, to be honest. The eyes thing is ripped off from Dresden and most of the conflict regarding that has been written. Cloak and dagger also sounds a lot like Pact.

In any case, Pact wasn't shit because of the concept, it was shit because Wildbow was going through a hard time, so Peer and Face would have been ruined too, be thankful.

Also fucking hell, Face really does sound a lot like Hunger Games, please don't fall for the young adult meme fanbase Wildboar.
>>
Wow holy shit a Worm thread . I've never seen one this big. Are people getting hyper for Worm 2? What does /co/ think the setting/conflict will be?
>>
>>92100206

I'm more hype for worm 2 than is possible

reading worm was like watching someone play cookie clicker
>>
>>92093924
Taylor had hardcore daddy issues she eventually gets over, because Danny was an useless parent, so he was attracted to strength and responsibility (like Grue wanting to basically adopt his sister). She eventually gets over it post timeskip.

Basically I don't think it was BBC, I think Grue just got lucky.
>>
>>92100206
I'm personally not hyped for Worm 2. Wildbow has a lot of redeeming qualities as a writer (good worldbuilding, solid creativity, interesting characters) but I just don't like his style. He always, without fail in all three of his main works, has messed up pacing and just takes the story in a direction I don't like. Usually by making things worse in the story.

Still, I'll probably read and enjoy Worm 2 overall. I'm interested in seeing what became of Panacea and Glory Girl, and what the deal with the Sleeper is and what the Simurgh is doing with ugly Eidolon babies. I hope he doesn't focus on the Undersiders too much though. I've had enough of them.
>>
>>92099205
Not speculating, Wildbow said it is the protagonist for Worm 2, but that any details there are subject to change besides her being a girl.

Possibilities IMO:
- Tattletale
- Parian
- Bonesaw (I hope not, after Twig)
- Glaistig Uaine
- The Simurgh is now a teen
- New character
>>
>>92094515
Wildbow has said Jack is his least favorite character and regrets writing him to a point, IIRC. I can understand why, he's just a worse Joker.
>>
>>92100399
I hope it's a new character and that he tackles the setting through a whole new angle. If it were any of the Undersiders or even a villain I would be disappointed.
>>
>>92098334
her evil twin was cartoonish and edgy as fuck to the point where her chapter is the only removed chapter in Worm
>>
>>92100355
>got lucky

aka settled for Taylor's homely, neurotic mess after getting a dose of super-trauma just because he needs someone hold his broken shell in the hell-hole that is the remains of Brockton Bay.

Before shit went down Brian was supposed to be a hunk and was out of Taylor's league. He didn't get lucky. He got fucked.
>>
>>92100584
If he hadn't died he'd have been able to brag about banging the cape who killed god, that's lucky by my standards

But yeah I meant it more in a "right archetype at the right time more than actually good" way.
>>
>>92100584
Yeah, but then he got Cozen, who was actually hot and had boobs.
>>
Who was your favorite member of the the Slaughterhouse 9, /co/? Which one stood out the most to you in terms of power, personality, or impact on the story?
>>
>>92100898
Mannequin was my favorite. He was the only one that actually struck me as genuinely disturbing and not in the same vein of kinda try-hard edginess that the others had. That said I did like Jack and Bonesaw, just not as much.
>>
>>92100898
Gray Boy had a terrifying as fuck power, but Bonesaw was just broken, and Jack has literal powered plot armor. Besides that I wasn't particularly impressed, everyone else could have been easily killed at any time through thinkers and triumvirate and I think it's a plot hole that that didn't happen.
>>
>>92100970
>I think it's a plot hole that that didn't happen
People keep saying this but I feel like they aren't taking into account the fact that the S9 did suffer heavy losses all the time, precogs aren't infallible and are limited in what they can predict, the S9 routinely did hostage shit, and the Siberian.
>>
>>92101058
>the S9 did suffer heavy losses all the time
Yes, they did, but somehow Bonesaw and the Siberian were part of it for longer than a year.

Bonesaw alone has the potential to be a SSS class threat and the whole thing should have been nuked.
>>
>>92100206
The conflict of Worm 2 is waiting for that fucking bullshit he's writing now to wrap the hell up.
>>
So why does /r/parahumans think Twig is better than Worm? I really don't see it.
>>
>>92101300
No idea, don't care about reddit and I dropped Twig/
>>
does Coil have the coolest power ever?

the answer is yes.
>>
File: Slaughterhouse 9 go to the mall.jpg (4MB, 3042x2339px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughterhouse 9 go to the mall.jpg
4MB, 3042x2339px
>>92100584
>>92100743
Wasn't it implied that Cozen hated Taylor because Grue visibly wasn't over her just leaving like that which impacted Cozen's and Grue's relationship?
>>
>>92101812
I think it was more that Cozen blames Taylor for Grues fragile mental state, since it all happened under her leadership.

taylor and grue never really had anything close to love, they where just 2 broken people who found some comfort in each other at a time when they both really needed someone.
>>
>>92100898
Best girl, too bad she became a slave to regent
>>
>>92101778
eidolon is better by definition

coil's power is fundamentally flawed for anyone but a sociopath because you never actually live your life outside simulations and you can only use human actions
>>
>>92101881
I wonder if Regent ever banged her or any of the slaves he kept while he was with the Undersiders, or if he was past being a rapist by the time he met Imp and tried to be a better human being.
>>
>>92101812
Wouldn't you hate your partner's ex if they damaged your partner irreparably and then fucked off for reasons unknown to become famous leaving their team with the mess they made?
>>
>>92101881
And then died.
>>
>>92100419
Writers need to stop with the whole "genius psychopath" meme archetype.
The only times it was ever done right were Judge Holden and Lecter. If you want to make a sociopathic character, just use Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer as an example of how to do that. It's much more believable and interesting.
>>
>>92101888
>coil's power is fundamentally flawed for anyone but a sociopath
I don't see how not being a sociopath makes Coil's power any less effective.
Even limiting yourself to "moral" actions you can still abuse the hell out simulation to learn whatever you need to, without anyone being any the wiser.
Coils power is nearly flawless, even with it's hiccups when dealing with other precogs, his power is easily one of the best in Worm.
>>
>>92100970
Cauldron wanted him alive 4 da path
>>
>>92083442

If anyone knows about Weaver Dice, the Lausanne campaign run by Wildbow is a darkly funny read. (It's set during the Simurgh's first appearance.)

Like, there's so much death. One guy rolled up Abattoir, a cape with so many powers he could defeat the Undersiders by HIMSELF (Teleportation, a Striker power that turns objects into fragmentation grenades, a combat Breaker state, Butcher's wounding power AND limited clarivoyance) and he died like a bitch.
>>
>>92102690

The player sucked, like the other edgelord who got murdered by his best friend. Archival had the deck stacked against him, but still had a really entertaining session.
>>
>>92101812

I thought she hated her because Taylor dragged them into lethal situations. Cozen simply wants to get rich, but Taylor drags her and Grue into fighting Endbringers.
>>
>>92101917
She'd be the Kamala Khan of the worm verse, also I think regent was past his rapey phase so he probably just forced her to make him sandwiches, bring coffee, attend the guests, run errands like grocery runs and maybe... Just maybe had her do some pole dancing for the entertainment of Regent's subordinates. And who knows, maybe that's the part shatterbird enjoyed the most from her slavery since she was the center of attention.
>>
>>92102749

That sounds like a stupendously bad idea. If your control slips, she nukes EVERYONE. It's why you don't use a loaded gun as a dildo.
>>
>>92100970
Jack has Plot Armor, Bonesaw is a SSS class threat with her Bio-Tinkering, which she has used to make herself and the other members of the S9 even harder to kill.
Crawler is basically unkillable, he was only stopped when he was turned into glass. Outside of that and time locking him how many other things could put Crawler down for good?
Sphere gets a pass too because he's a Tinker and Tinkers are notoriously bullshit.
And the Siberian is the Siberian.

Before that we had King, who could shunt damage onto others, making hostages of anyone he'd been in contact with in the last 24 hours.
Grey Boy, who's personal time loop made him invulnerable.
Number Man, who used math to survive impossible odds.
Psychopomp used hostages as weapons.
Nice Guy, who was just a really pleasant all around nice guy and I can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt him.

I could go on but the poit is the S9 is, and has historically been, comprised of the strongest or most unkillable individuals. People willing to kill or maim heroes, villains and civilians alike, to turn entire cities into warzones.

As individuals these people would be difficult to condend with.
As a group, working together, covering eachothers weaknesses... Yeah, I can believe they rampaged for years virtually unchecked.
>>
>>92102865
Crawler would have been very easy to kill, the problem is that Jack's power is excellent for having the S9 run away from problems when they seem about to die, and the counter bullshit built up.
>>
>>92102886

Like Taylor, Jack's main power is bullshit.

I have a theory that Taylor constantly had a Trump power - an expression of the Queen shard - that threw everyone she fought off their game.
>>
>>92102903
I don't think so, I just think Taylor's power evolved a lot because she was especially suited to conflict, like Jack, but without the bullshit hax.

Trump powers would have been WoG by now.
>>
What do you people even see in this boring shit?
>>
>>92102926

It's worth noting that Taylor is completely unplayable in a WD game, as she's basically invincible. You don't even need to leave the house to fuck people up.
>>
>>92102934
Great Worldbuilding, creative powers, big cast of interesting characters.
Also the story when it's still street level.
>>
>>92102886
No. Jack's power just gives him insight into other parahumans.
Jack is smart enough to use that information to run like hell when needed.
He picks his fights. The only thing bullshit about him is his uncanny ability to listen to his common sense.

But what makes you think Crawler, who can regenerate and become immune to damage, is easy to kill?

Regeneration + damage immunity is almost the definition of hard to kill.
>>
>>92102934
It's capeshit. Doesn't matter how hard the story is to read. Powers are cool.
>>
>>92083442
You're a piece of shit that somehow managed to save the world. Guess that gives you a minimum of worth. Barely worthy of existing.

That's the nicest thing I can say about you. Wait! At least you're not Sasuke Uchiha.
>>
>>92102934
Read past chapter 3, and then read past arc 7. Seriously, it's the best serial available on the internet, and that's before editing.
>>
>>92102956
The only true thing in this whole post is "big cast"
>>
>>92102960
>Regeneration + damage immunity is almost the definition of hard to kill.
Damage immunity happens after the regeneration. You just need to find something he hasn't experienced before. I'm just saying Jack had synergy with him since he always got him away from danger the moment that was about to kill him off.
>>
>>92102995
You are full of shit. Maybe try getting your reading level above third grader.
>>
>>92103009
Maybe try getting literary standards.
This is Hunger Games-tier schlock.
>>
>>92103072
Spoken like a true chapter 2er
>>
>>92102996
By the time Crawler met Jack he was already well into his transformation.
By the time we see Crawler he has subjected himself to every form of conventional harm. And more then likely a lot of un conventional harm as well.
Early on, yeah, he'd be easier to kill but I wasn't not talking about early trigger Crawler.
>>
>>92103072
>He's read Hunger Games
>>
>>92102979
So how strong could Dauntless have gotten if he didn't get trapped in one of Bakuda's bomb effects?

Triumvirate tier?
>>
>>92103176
WoG is yes, his power was fucking broken.
>>
>>92103181
Would have been broken. He never had the chance to make it past A tier.
>>
>>92103208
Semantics, you know what I meant. He had a S tier power, but like that one weaverdice fucker he wasted it on endbringer fights before he reached his peak.
>>
>>92083442
Rly Nice hair
>>
>"Earth Zayin, too, was gone, subsumed by the Sleeper."
>Worm 28.5

>"Sleeper. I could see him, sitting on a lawn chair on a balcony, reading a book out loud to himself."
>"More trouble than he was worth. I let him be."
>Worm 30.4

So what kind of power can 'subsume' an entire world?
What kind of power would Khepri, who was controlling 5000+ parahumans at the time, consider too much trouble?
>>
>>92103479
>>"Earth Zayin, too, was gone, subsumed by the Sleeper."
>>Worm 28.5

holy shit, is this line new? I have never seen it before
>>
>>92103487
No, been there the whole time.
It's easy to miss because those lines are practically all we know of the Sleeper.
>>
>>92103479
>79 â–¶>>92103487
>>"Earth Zayin, too, was gone, subsumed by
I'm guessing it was either an uncontrollable AoE power, like the Tsukoyomi from naruto, where it just affects everyone. that would also go with his codename, and the fact that earlier, they said he "hadn't stirred" when dragon was observing him in her first interlude

It could also be a chain reaction power that fucks with those around him. maybe some kind of power induced plague.
>>
>>92103519
Someone on some forum (I don't remember if it was reddit or spacebattles/sufficient velocity) once made up a team of capes and asked how they would hold up against Sleeper and Wildbow confirmed that all of them are sure to die except for one of them, someone with a shaker power that could create large crystals around them, but only with like a 1/40 chance of survival.

My guess is powers that can block him off are effective against him, maybe he creates something you have to protect against to survive?
>>
>>92102979
>Read past chapter 3, and then read past arc 7
I've done both those things and the side telling me "its not worth the time and effort" is winning out.
>>
>>92103632
Alright, just wait for the edited version 5 years from now, I guess. I'll be here enjoying the good parts. Paying the price is worth it.
>>
>>92103652
>edited version
Are you being forreal cause that be incredible.
>>
>>92103632
I guess it really is nothing for you, if you didn't like it up till then you probably won't like anything after. But kudos for trying and giving it a chance.
>>
>>92103688
I'm for real, Wildbow is already worked on an edit for publishing, but Twig has to finish before he can properly start doing it hardcore, probably alongside Wom 2, later this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/3x1eoj/quick_survey_re_editing_worm/

He started shortly after this, in preparations for publishing. (Wildbow has said Worm could already be published and successful, but he wants to fix the Timeskip arc and others before he feels comfortable doing it)
>>
>>92102996
Crawler deliberately subjected himself to damage to get stronger. Scrub literally erased hearts and brains and pieces of spine from Crawler's body. Crawler collapsed, only for his regeneration to repair all the damage. "Hundreds of pounds of flesh replaced in one or two heartbeats", is how quick it is. Then Crawler would be back on his feet, totally fine and even stronger.

The PRT only managed to kill him by turning his entire body to glass with the bombs they took from Bakuda's workshop, and the nanothorn Arm-master came up with is what it took to kill Crawler's clones. By totally disintegrating his body all at once.

Not easy to kill.
>>
>>92103479
>subsume
Literally means to absorb something into yourself, so maybe he has a hivemind type power?
>>
>>92103865
Think he's like Agent Smith?
>>
>>92103830

The PRT did something useful.? and here i thought all they did was Job
>>
>>92083674
kill yourself sophia
>>
I can't believe we have reached so many posts in a Worm thread. Even if we die, I'm happy. Please shill Worm to all your friends.
>>
>>92103479
his name is the Sleeper

he 'subsumes' things

taylor thinks he's more trouble than he's worth

I think he's got a power similar to labyrinth in some way, widescale and uncontrollable power that radiates outwards from himself

some kind of mental shaker that puts things to sleep?

maybe it's more abstract, like his power returns things around him to a more ordered/quiet/safe state, e.g. things within his sphere of influence avoid conflict, animals don't eat each other, humans don't argue even physical chemical reactions are slowed down and it's impossible to light fires or generate power around him
>>
>>92104901
That seems almost paradoxical for a parahuman, since the entities want to actively encourage conflict.
>>
>>92105388
this occured to me as I was writing it but I guess just having to work around this guy is encouragement enough

kinda like how Nilbog just set up in one location and became a immobile menace

he's a terrain hazard or w.e
>>
>>92105388
>>92105466
The entities want to cause conflict to see how powers interact.
All you need is to fight and use your power. Thats all they care about. Nice Guys powers make people think he's a swell guy and that anything he does is AOK, doesn't sound very confrontational until you see what he does with it. The same goes for August Prince, who's power is "you are not able to conciously perform an action that can hurt me."
>>
>>92104617
I wonder if she'll play a role in the sequel, the only thing she seemed to be doing in the epilogue is wander one of the earths and randomly attacking warlords and criminals while slowly going insane because her life philosophy was proven wrong, the Gold Morning symbol that is everywhere always reminding her that she was weak and Taylor was strong.

Maybe she'll even have a redemption arc.
>>
>>92105512
Right, but those powers don't put a hold on conflict or prevent it from happening in an area. Nice Guy and Prince can still use their powers to engage in conflicts, but how would Sleeper engage in conflict if his power is to put things to order?

It's a creative idea but I don't really see how it meshes with the lore is all.
>>
>>92106057
>shit the guy that siphons energy and stops things from happening is getting near!
>we have to find clever ways to use our powers to stop it since all the normal ways wont work!
there, conflict
>>
>>92105930
What I'm thinking is that all the epilogue bits were teasers at plot points Wildbow wants to explore in the sequel, with the probable exception of Taylor's. So there's a good chance Sophia will appear and play a role, but how explored her development will be is a different matter entirely. Wildbow made a habit of putting more interesting things on the backburner in Worm, and he might carry that over to the sequel.
>>
>>92106057
How does Scion conflict when his main attack is stillness beam?

The entities want see see conflict to see powers interact, the powers do not need to be inherently destructive or violent.

The conflict is only a means to an end. What matters is the powers interacting, conflict is just the best way for this to occur.
>>
>>92105930

>Maybe she'll even have a redemption arc.

Extremely Unlikely
>>
>>92083442

>tfw writing a novel heavily inspired by Worm

It's basically young adult capeshit but subverts the YA genre by having a male main character and there being no "let's save the world" and no "the government is dystopian" bullshit.

Problem is, I don't want my story to look like Worm fanfiction. How do I avoid this, /co/?
>>
>>92107017
does it have something to it beyond "is like this except not"?
>>
>>92107086

It's basically:

>Teenage boy gets powers, is recruited into an amateur superhero team, but no one really knows what they're doing because they're a bunch of stupid high school kids
>Basically a coming of age story focused on character development and relationships between characters

I plan for it to be mature and relatively adult (swearing and realistic violence) but not grimdark or edgy, and a bit more light-hearted than Worm.
>>
>>92107017
Focus on making a good story. If you do a good job people won't care how derivative it may or may not be unless they're autistically devoted to the original work and don't get concepts like "homage" and "inspiration".

Either way don't feel bad about it. What's the main character's deal?
>>
>>92107204
If the MC is recruited into a team then you can go into how the team is viewed in pop culture and the news, all the celebrity shit, infighting, team rivalries ect. Worm didn't focus on that stuff, but if you did it you sure as shit would want to know about public relations the media and all that to make it good.
>>
>>92105930
Seems likely to me. khepri is there in her face. a constant paradox and drives her up the wall withjout fail, eventually discovers that shards fuck with your brain and her bullshit worldview breaks for good.
Theory time. Khepri-ism is a blooming religion for parahumans and the khepri religion is setting up enclave groups in the post GM multiverse and they will be a major faction for the sequal as they attempt to locate their god.
>>
>>92108464
I doubt it. It just doesn't strike me as the kind of thing Wildbow would do, and how would they even know? Golden Morning was a crazy battle that spanned dimensions. I doubt anybody but the more important parahumans actually have a clear picture of how it went down and what Taylor did, and as I recall most of the parahumans weren't very friendly to her afterwards.
>>
>>92108810

>as I recall most of the parahumans weren't very friendly to her afterwards.

That was actually taylor's messed up, overloaded shard brain failing at perceiving things in a non-conflict manner. They were actually celebrating that they had won against scion. They did not turn into a riot after khepri relinquished her control of them. She basically just attacked them and ran after scion died.
>>
>>92100011
I know I was joking.
>>
>>92101070
Siberian was actually invincible as far the PRT knew.
>>
File: 1473376884694.png (566KB, 1280x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1473376884694.png
566KB, 1280x1162px
>>92105930
I for one wonder if all the similarities between Grue and Shadow Stalker were just by random chance or if there was a plan for both of them that never went anywhere.
>come from abusive families
>said abuse made them get powers
>powers are shadow related
>they are both black
but nothing came out of it, Sophia seemed a little obsessed with the nemesis thing but stopped caring when her problems got bigger and Brian didn't care all that much except being annoyed that she kept going after him.
>>
>>92109229
>Taylor's bully was an athletic black girl.
>Her first boyfriend is an athletic black guy.

What did Wildbow mean?
>>
>>92109364
There's a reason Taylor/Sophia is kinda hot.
>>
>>92109229
I doubt there was really any kind of plan, but it probably wasn't random either. More likely it was an attempt by Wildbow to show how nemeses can happen in Worm, but they aren't the grand and impassioned mutual hate-fests they are in other superhero stories.
>>
>>92106217
This, it's even stated other worms found other ways to do shit
>>
>>92109703
I really wish we'll get to see how other entities do their thing, maybe some of them turned into symbiotes that found a race of beings that is so creative that they can just stick with them to grow themselves, keeping them alive in the process.

The only other entitiy we know (Abaddon) seemed to have turned to cannibalism and used the Path to victory shard to figure out how to best attack and consume other entities.
>>
>>92109163
I think Cauldron "helped out" there. Fucking cauldron.
>>
>>92109229
I feel like this image was an excuse to draw sophia's ass
>>
>>92083442
Is Worm good? Everything I've seen of it just makes it seem like a bunch of edgy doodoo.

>Slaughterhouse 9
>Contessa seems to be literally unstoppable
>the Superman analog is actually a monstrous ultramonster who gave the world superpowers just so he could eat the planet
>good guys am suck bad guys am cool
>superpowers can only be triggered by undergoing psychological trauma
>>
>>92110583
Give it an actual shot, my dude. It's more than big enough you'll find something you'll like.
>>
>>92110583
Contessa is the worst part of Worm but the fact she doesn't just completely ruin it speaks for how good the rest of the story is.

Also I'm deeply sorry you got almost everything spoiled. Thankfully the nuances are lost on you, and Worm is dense enough that you should still enjoy it.

Have fun reading it, it's great.
>>
>>92110583
The story and world it takes place in is pretty gritty and dark.

I wouldn't say it's so dark that it could be considered what some people call "grimderp" because it does have rays of hope like characters that are genuinely good and incorruptible but if anything even slighty edgy is not your thing then I don't think you'll like it.

Give it a shot I guess, it's not like there is anything to lose with something free on the internet.
>>
>>92110618
Maybe you're right.
The thing about Scion is difficult to get over, though.
And the conflict with the Endbringers seems just pointless, based on how sheerly powerful many of them are
And the S9 just seem kinda "yeahhhh hehehehe evil time evil time, blood blood blood"
But I guess I'll give it a shot sometime.
>>
>>92110583
>good guys am suck bad guys am cool
There are plenty of heroes that are genuinely good, the main character just is a somewhat unreliable narrator that has a bias against them.
>>
>>92110772
Fair enough.
>>
>>92110855
Not to spoil you but the S9 has a reason for why they all messed. I'd recommend ignoring most comments about them in case you get spoiled about it
>>
>>92102690
Link?
>>
>>92110855
just curious, how the FUCK did you get spoiled so hard? did you intentionally seek spoilers? for what purpose?
>>
>>92110367
The weird thing is that apparently without Cauldron, the setting would be some sort of nightmare war zone.
>>
File: worm.png (99KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
worm.png
99KB, 640x400px
>>
>>92111228
Taylor's pretty creepy if you think about it
>>
tfw i love worm a lot but its incredibly obscure and gets hardly any good fanart

tfw i sometimes think up worm-esque super powers when its late at night and have compiled it into a giant list. tfw i feel too massively autistic to share it with anyone
>>
>>92111290
this is anonymous, nobody will ever tie the autism back to you

I had a concept of a very low end thinker called Babylon who after second triggering discovered his "knowing all languages" skill applied to esoteric bullshit like entitiespeech and programming code.
>>
>>92087099
he just wants a peaceful life.
>>
File: worm entities.jpg (94KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
worm entities.jpg
94KB, 800x537px
>>92110125
Abaddon is basically confirmed to return considering how much it has been hinted at, maybe we'll get another entity interlude from his perspective about how he flew through space and met other entities.

>>92111258
Yeah no shit, since we were in her head as the readers she becomes way less scary but literally everyone else besides the Undersiders only knew her like she is in the OP >>92083442, a vague grey shape in the middle of the insects that are currently crawling all over and inside of you. Pray those yellow eyes don't look at you because that means she takes special interest in hurting you.

>>92111290
People that play Weaver Dice could find such a list very useful, thinking up NPCs can be a total pain in the ass if you want to make it authentic.

Personally I've been making up a Tinker that can build anything (similar to Leet) and also can use cheap material/trash that is just laying around to do it, but anything she builds will have drawbacks like short lifespan/low reliability/weak overall power and she can't prevent all of the drawbacks from happening.
So she could build a laser knife like the one Armsmaster had but it either breaks after 20 minutes of use, or it could fall apart if it gets handled just a little too rough or the laser will be way weaker than the one we saw making deep cuts into Leviathan.
She was a young spoiled brat that got anything she wanted from her rich parents, but one day they suddenly died in an accident and a distant cousin used lawyer fuckery to inherit all their stuff instead of her.
She triggered a couple of months later when she was placed in a middle class surrogate family and realized that she is never going to live that comfortably again.
>>
>>92111258
Most of the Undersiders are. Brain can send one into a state not unlike being at the bottom of the ocean. No light. No sound. Just a boxer's punch or worse.

Regent can, even in the more casual application of his power, can really fuck you up at the worst possible times, not to mention humiliate you if your gag reflex is particularly weak, or if you've not used the bathroom in a while.

Tattletale can read you like a damn book and tear you down, hitting each emotional faultline until you crack.

Rachel.
>>
File: 2epnyovuf9gx.jpg (84KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
2epnyovuf9gx.jpg
84KB, 680x798px
>>92111883
Not to forget Imp, if I remember right the heroes never even figured out completely how her power works which makes her even scarier.

I have little doubt that Coil had exactly this in mind when he was putting the initial team of Grue, Bitch, Tattletale and Regent together.
>>
>>92111084
Supposedly they went to far lengths to minimize cape deaths/conflicts to further bolster the number of them out there. The unsaid rules are probably mostly due to them, too.
>>
>>92111750
>>92111344
i'll post a list of my favorites soon. theres a word limit and the site will think its spam which it totally looks like
>>
>>92112282
I'll do a couple at a time I guess. These are rough notes cause i usually write them down when i wake up or before i sleep or something

Shaker: Changes the weight of objects but interacts with the objects as if they're the same weight.

Striker Mover: Can make concussive blasts with palms upon collision. Mild effect on technology. Can propel himself. Think of that one girl that did explosions on contact but it's way less lethal and more like a big push

Thinker: Anti-precog. Can see past events relevant to specific locations or objects they look at
>>
>>92112339
Stranger shaker thinker breaker. Unseen servant.
> Like coil but not long term. Lasts 10 minutes.
>Have to actively create them and can interact with them.
>"Alternate reality selves that affect both realities. Can choose which self I want to proceed as"
>two realities can desync if someone reacts to one differently than in the other. Causes for one reality to stay true while the other is destroyed

Mover. Works like an amalgamation of golem and burnscar. Can phase into materials and teleport to whatever matching material. Can bring people with them. Can put parts of themselves or objects into them.
>striker. second trigger. Can make medium sized objects out of the material he is teleporting out of each time he "spawns."
>>
>>92112339
>Shaker: Changes the weight of objects but interacts with the objects as if they're the same weight.
Kind of reminds me of Chevalier.

/tg/ Worm threads usually had someone post a trigger event and everyone else makes up powers based on it which was pretty fun.
This thread is about to die (325 is the bump limit for /co/, right?) but I'll try to do something like that the next time I see a Worm thread here.
>>
>>92112339
>Thinker: Anti-precog.

That's called postcognition, and I think there's a few that are referenced in canon, if not named.
>>
>>92112377
the system is calling it spam now rip. i had like 3 more and the rest were kinda mediocre
>>
>>92112606
now that i think about it i shouldve just made a pastebin. im retarded.
https://pastebin.com/0d76F19i
>>
>>92112479
Man, is this really the only fanart we have of them? I wonder why the fucking Travelers of all people are more popular, I hate the fuckers
>>
>>92113209
They had a whole arc and their costumes have a colour theme so they look more cohesive.
And it's probably easier than drawing Snail Man and Lizard Boy
>>
Are there any other web-original epics that you can recommend Anon?
>>
>>92113809
http://inmydaydreams.com/?p=5
>>
>>92113343
>their costumes have a colour theme
Did they?
I never noticed anything like that, especially considering how sparse the descriptions usually were for costumes.

Thinking back I only remember Trickster dressing like a circus show man with a top hat and nothing else for the other members.

>>92113809
The Zombie Knight by George M. Frost
http://thezombieknight.blogspot.de/2013/04/page-1.html

Don't be turned off by the name, I'm only like 20 (pretty short) chapters in but it's pretty great.
It's an urban fantasy story that takes place in a fantasy setting that has reached the modern age.
The protagonist is a young guy who after comitting suicide meets a (there are hundreds of thousands of them) Grim Reaper.
That Grim Reaper gives him the choice of being revived and getting powers like super strength and regeneration if he helps the Reaper investigate people that are soon going to die and possibly prevent their deaths, essentially becoming a pseudo super hero.

The setting is really interesting, the dialogue between the Reaper and the protagonist is hilarious and the action is pretty well written too.
The protagonist also has crippling social anxiety and it's hilarious to watch him being all nervous as he saves people and says the lines the Reaper feeds him as everyone around him thinks he's a total badass.
>>
>>92114048
>Did they?
Black with red. Trickster has a red mask, Sundancer has red suns, and Ballistic has something red too but I forget what it is.
>>
>>92111964
Who's Imp?
>>
>>92086761
>Hands down the best wildbow writing and the least marketable as a cartoon out of all of his works.

This.

Twig show's he's getting gud as a writer.

However, Worm was lightning in a bottle. What a fantastic story, in such a fantastic setting.
>>
>>92112479
Gregor best snail
>>
File: Armsmaster.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Armsmaster.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>92114452
>you will never cuddle up to Gregor on the couch after a long day of torturing Cauldron agents as the rest if the team banters and gets high on Newters body juice
god I wish I was Shamrock
>>
>>92087134
>>>92086848
>With Accord I just yelled WHY, I liked the Ambassadors as a concept too.

My personal theory is, Accord faked his death.

Think about this.

WHY did Accord have Blasto, one of the very few bio-Tinkers, as one of his tolerated associates?

I think Accord was stealing Blasto's Tinker-Tech, which to be frank, he could, and used it to make a death-wish clone of himself.

He then showed up to a fucking Endbringer fight (Even Weaver thought it was weird he was there).

Why?

To die.

He was getting ready to vanish before whatever End-Of-The-World scenario hit. Hell, he probably figured out what it was, that was kind of what his power was for, solving impossible problems.

I expect he's helping Teacher stand Cauldron back up.

Also, With Doctor Mother's wretched incompetence replaced by the far more capable Teacher, expect Cauldron to be far harder to deal with than before, even without Little Miss Invincible helping as much.
>>
>>92088488
>>>92085977
>>HBO's Pact.
>I can't even imagine what that would look like.

AWESOME, is the word you want.

Pact....wow.

The whole 'boogieman' thing. JUst...wow.

I would SO WATCH THAT.

Also, Green Eyes is best girl.

My favorite character, better than Tattletale, better than Skitter, better than Gordon, hands-down, my favorite.

Green Eyes is Best Girl.
>>
>>92114578
>he probably figured out what it was
Wasn't he already in on it? He was part of Cauldron (or at least could buy powers on request)
>>
>>92113809
>>92113809
unsongbook.com
basically is what if everything the bible ever said was actually real, contradictions and all?

also finite structures, which is kind of like worm but a million times more fixed on the sci-fi aspect of it
>>
>>92089315
>What versions of superman would lose to mrs flying brick?

All of them.

Every version.

After one sentence, she'd be completely obsequious and submissive to him, giving him no reason to attack her or even notice her.

Once she broke contact with him, it would take Alexandria about three hours to figure out his fatal weakness to Kryptonite, maybe another day or two find/steal/make some, and then she'd kill him with it like she was stepping on a bug.

From her point of view, he's far, far too dangerous to be allowed to live.

Remember, her biggest power isn't the physical stuff, it's her mind.
>>
I might aswell ask here, I remember a superhero web serial that was essentially a retelling of old myths but with superheroes in the modern day, there were multiple self contained stories that all took place in the same setting and I vaguely remember that the protagonist of the first story was a sort of racist high school student.
Anyone who know what exactly I'm talking about and maybe has a link or name for it?

>>92114578
>Accord with his power boosted by Teacher
I wonder in what way his power would become stronger, will the plans he makes get more efficient?
Or maybe he just gets less Thinker headaches and his power induced OCD gets a bit looser.

Anyway, thats actually a pretty great theory and I could see it happen now.
>>
>>92092643
>I really hate Contessa and everything she does.

Well, she IS a villain....

Plus, her power is AWESOME, but narrow. I suspect that Tattletale would fucking DESTROY her, simply by guessing what the next step on her 'Path to Victory" is before she gets there and fucking with it in advance.

Then, while her power is recalculating, shoot the bitch.

It's easy to look like a badass when you're an ambush predator. Without her Path to Victory, she's just a person.
>>
Don't bully Scion!
>>
>>92115063
I doubt Path to Victory works like that, it would include Tattletale trying to interfere and adjust accordingly.

The only thing we saw that truly fucked with the path were Endbringers, Scion, Eidolon and that one Case 53 called Mantellum who had a power nullifying aura, other capes with power nullyfying powers also probably could cause disruptions though we only ever see it happen with Mantellum.
>>
>>92099444
>Whats the appeal?

Keep reading.

Cripes, so impatient....
>>
>>92083442
Tattletale is best girl and I'll fight anyone who disagrees
>>
>>92103479
>So what kind of power can 'subsume' an entire world?

My personal theory is, he's Anthony Fremont, from the Twilight Zone episode "It's A Good Life."

And yes, he could subsume a world in an instant, and he's more trouble than he's worth.
>>
That surgeon loli from the Slaughterhouse 9 pretty much ruined Worm for me, everything she did read like such an asspull. I got through the arc, but my patience had been worn thin by then.
>>
>>92103479
According to Wildbow in a thread where a character was suggesting powers that could go up against Sleeper, only a character who could affect things at the atomic level had a slim chance of escaping him without being fucked.
>>
>>92115681
She did a lot of bullshit stuff, which exact part do you mean?

If it's the second time S9 become the main antagonists then I feel with you, it's definitely when the story was at its weakest point.
>>
>>92115735
To be fair, the parts of the S9 that make them strong are their heavy-hitting long-standing members, who are only long-standing because they've had years to build themselves up (Mannequin and Crawler especially). Siberian is easy prey once they realize she's a 60 year old man pretending to be a naked version of his daughter. The Mannequins need time to develop new suits, and Crawler's entire threat was that he was immune to everything from exposure (which the others didn't have).
Plus the original S9 had Bonesaw's immortality bullshit put into them, the new ones were just as squishy as normal humans
>>
>>92115735
She didn't bother me at first, but everything she did after triggering Grue, including the whole turning him into an art installation thing, really felt contrived. She just had an answer for everything, and that was also when Panacea's ridiculous powers started getting fleshed out, like fucking building a giant beetle mount for Skitter. It's silly, and as I understand it it only gets wackier as the story goes on.

I am curious about the Endbringers, though, specifically Simurgh or whatever.
>>
>>92115813
I understand and agree with all of it, S9000 members being easier to kill than the regular S9 members made perfect sense.

That doesn't change the fact that the arc was a slog to read through and obviously was just bridging time so that the final "end of the world apocalypse scenario" arc didn't seem too sudden.

I'm glad Wildbow acknowledged its problems and said that he is going to rework the stuff that happened between the timeskip and the last arc.

>>92115890
I'd still tell you to keep reading because I think some of the stuff that happens after that is really good but if you truly don't care anymore and just want to find out stuff about the Endbringers read the spoiler: (i don't know just how much else you know about where powers come from and stuff so I'll just wing it hoping its clear enough to understand)

So the Endbringers entire purpose is to cause as much conflict as possible, they model themselves after the planets culture they are one to appear to the inhabitants as monstrous, in our earths case they chose religious themes
They are actually way stronger than they appear and one of them could easily single handidly destroy the world but they always hold back just enough that the fight is still winnable because that causes the most conflict
They want to cause conflict because that is the surest way people are forced to use their superpowers and possibly finding creative ways to use them

This explanation requires you to know where the superpowers actually come from and I don't know if you do know that yet, otherwise you wouldn't understand just why they want to cause conflict and make people use powers in creative ways. But if you are curious and still don't mind being spoiled I can give you the rest too, it's really fucking cool info and probably my favourite part about the setting.
>>
>>92116341
Also I'm going to add that all of this got spoiled to me before I read Worm and it's probably the Nr.1 reason I started to read and continued through the bad parts just because I liked the settings answer for the true origin of powers that much.
>>
>>92114578
I desperately want to believe this, because the way accord was handled in the actual story just felt like wasted potential.
>>
>>92113809
Super Powereds by Drew Hays, there is an official release but he offers it free on his website.
>>92114835
Can I get a Link to Finite structures? I tried googling it and its too general a title to lead back to its source.
>>
>>92116341
I thought Scion explained Endbringers differently?
>>
>>92120108
I liked that site's essays.
>>
Just finished arc 20. Wew fucking perfect. First time I was just wowed all the way through and fucking stuck the landing like a motherfucker.
>>
>>92120684
That spoiler is their actual purpose according to the entities' design but eidolon just so happened to subconsciously tap into the ability to awaken them and scion just rolled with it.
>>
>>92120980
Poor Eidolon.
>>
>>92120108
my bad, it was fine structure
https://everything2.com/title/Fine+Structure
>>
>>92115890
>It's silly

Let me get this straight.

You're reading a story about comic-book superheroes.

And you're complaining about a villain having super powers.

Anon. Really. Go read something else. The problem isn't Worm, the problem is, you don't like the genre. Try War and Peace, or maybe Moby Dick, sounds like they'd be more your thing.

Although, that whole 'giant white whale' thing is pretty silly, now that I think about it. Best stick to Tolstoy.
>>
>>92115890
What's so wacky about it? Panacea is a biokinetic. She restricted herself to healing because issues. Bonesaw is a tinker with a specialty in medical science, and tinkers are notoriously bullshit.
>>
>>92094139
>>>92090458
> Armsmaster literally made his waifu real

Huh.

So,

Defiant = Hephaestus

Dragon = Pandora

I've read Worm about four times, and that's the first time I realized that. Duh. I always thought she was Aphrodite, which, in retrospect, isn't very bright.
>>
>>92115160
Mantellum didn't nullify powers, he blocked perception. All clairvoyance and precognition within a distance of him was cut off. Even the sensations Taylor normally got back through her bugs, hearing and touch and all that, were unavailable when her bugs were too close to him. IIRC.
>>
>>92118179
I liked that. Sometimes potential just gets wasted. Not everyone gets to use all their techniques before they die.
>>
>>92122719
They literally make that comparison themselves in their epilogue.
>>
>>92120980
>You needed worthy opponants
>>
>>92122693
I think restricting to healing wasn't actually an issues thing. Being a pacifist isn't bad, although Amy had other issues.
>>
>>92124131
It was totally an issues thing. She was scared that if she took her power out of the bounds she set for herself then she would go down the slippery slope to villainhood, which is exactly what happens to Amy in her original incarnation of Annie in Guts and Glory. She goes full S class threat, as opposed to just threatening to do it like she did in Worm.

tl;dr she was a pacifist because she was scared of herself.
>>
>>92122693
>and tinkers are notoriously bullshit.
This. And Bonesaw was the most bullshit of the bunch.
People think that she's to over powered but the thing about wormverse powers is that is exactly what they're trying to become. The entities powers don't care about being fair or balanced. Which is how we end up with parahumans like Glaistig or Grey Boy.
>>
>>92124448
>And Bonesaw was the most bullshit of the bunch.

String theory, Bakuda and Dragon are more bullshit then bonesaw is.
>>
>>92094458

I still don't quite understand/remember how Grey Boy was taken out, given that his power was supposed to continuously reset him to a normal state every few seconds.
>>
>>92124603
Bonesaw could end the world with a sneeze.

>>92124622
He was killed by Glaistig, who literally ripped his shard from him. And Flechette who has the Sting shard, one of the oldest and completely perfected shards. She has the ability to temporarily imbue nonliving material with the power to ignore select laws of physics, which basically means that she can cause damage that cannot be prevented.
>>
File: Mannequin_by_scarfgirl.jpg (155KB, 900x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin_by_scarfgirl.jpg
155KB, 900x1530px
>>92100898

Mannequin, because he was actually pretty creepy and I thought the idea of taking a Tinker whose focus was closed, self-sufficient environments and warping that concept into a humanoid bundle of interconnected self-perpetuating organ sacs encased in ceramic armor to be a brilliantly wild idea.

I also think Screamer had potential. There's a lot of fucked up shit you could do with a power like hers.
>>
>>92083442
I've never seen someone come so close to being Doctor Doom.
>>
>>92114048
uh, isn't that Zombie Knight thing just Bleach?
>>
>>92122719
>>92123124
He even named the Dragon doppel Pandora.
>>
>>92125385
Sounds like it, kind of.
>>
>>92125385
>>92126491
Bleach was a great concept with atrocious execution so I'd only be happy that someone else tried it.
>>
>>92126543
Yeah. With the possible exception of the arracar arc, the first arc where it was just Ichigo and Rukia running around fighting Hollows and saving spirits is easily my favorite precisely because of the neat concept.
>>
>>92124865
>>>92124603
>Bonesaw could end the world with a sneeze.

So?

A plague is slow. A plague has lots of ways to combat it. Dragon, for example, is totally immune, and by herself, was exterminating the S9 so efficiently they had to run and hide.

A lot of the 'bullshit' calls about Tinkers is because you only see them when they're ready to go. Catch a Tinker off-guard, and they fold pretty bad.

When Bonesaw went head-to-head with Defiant, she got away with barely half her body mass intact, after Defiant had to chew through a minion to get at her, and she had a hostage to boot. That was the same fight that Manton got killed, which basically caused Jack and Bonesaw to run and hide in a completely separate dimension for two years.

Note that when they popped out after two years of preptime and a fucking S9000 army, the heroes hunted them down and stomped them like rats.

It was pure bad luck that gave Jack his shot at triggering Scion early. The S9000 was already exterminated when it happened.

That said, Bonesaw is waaaay overdue for a messy and thorough execution and then drop her corpse into Sirius-A.

Like a plague is the worst thing a Tinker could do. String Theory was prepping to KNOCK DOWN THE MOON. Bakuda built a nine megaton EMP bomb out of kitchen appliances!

The heroes are just as nasty, though, if not worse. So it all works out.
>>
File: The_Undersiders_5.png (3MB, 1998x1232px) Image search: [Google]
The_Undersiders_5.png
3MB, 1998x1232px
Grue looks kinda badass in this one.

And you don't realize just how big those monsters Bitch makes are....
>>
File: 1444009518522.jpg (29KB, 652x457px) Image search: [Google]
1444009518522.jpg
29KB, 652x457px
>>92127031
>tattletale in costume
>without her hair loose
>>
>>92127031
I hate this idiot and his other piece of fanart.
1. bitch's dogs are not that big, they are small truck sized
2. regent and grue's masks are way simpler, grue's just a bike helmet with a skull drawn on it
3. tattletale looks fucking 30 and her mask is supposed to hide her cheekbones, like silver age robin
4. bitch has a dollar store dog mask
>>
>>92127164
uh, rather, tattletale doesn't look 30, and cheekbones was the wrong word, you know what I mean
>>
>>92127164
Grue's mask could be after Taylor made him a new one based on a demon.
>>
>>92127190
good point
>>
File: Taylor_3.png (302KB, 655x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Taylor_3.png
302KB, 655x1043px
One of my favorites of Taylor.
>>
>>92127253
too pretty, and she wears normal glasses
>>
>>92126936
>A plague is slow
Unless Bonesaw engineers it to be fast. Remember that group of Merchants she liquified with a 'small' short lived plague?

>you only see them when they're ready to go. Catch a Tinker off-guard, and they fold pretty bad
Yeah. The only draw back to being a Tinker is time and resources. But this applies to all Tinkers, no matter how bullshit they may be. Even Bakuda or String Thoery isn't anything more then teenage girl without their tech. not exactly sure how old ST is but she's described as being petite

>she got away with barely half her body mass intact
Yeah, she did. Literally eviscerated and she still got away. Defiant couldn't stop her or kill her, he could only force a retreat. That isn't winning and it just makes Defiant sound lame.

>which basically caused Jack and Bonesaw to run and hide in a completely separate dimension for two years
Pretty sure that was Jacks plan all along, he just needed to find Toybox first before then and Manton got offed in the mean time.

>two years of preptime
You mean two years of suspended animation. That isn't prep time, thats taking a really long nap. And don't forget that the heroes had that time as well to prep for their return.

>heroes hunted them down and stomped them like rats.
Yeah, they did. The S9000 were glorified cannon fodder.

>It was pure bad luck that gave Jack his shot at triggering Scion early
Yeah but Dinah predicted it. Jack knew this. Even if his plan didn't work he'd still end the world. And he did, kinda, sorta.

Bakuda and String Thoery's tech are strickly single use. They could both potentally end the world, I'm not saying that they aren't bullshit. They rate amoung the top Tinkers for sure.
Bonesaw could make a plague that could potentially last as long as there are people to get sick with it, she and her creations are more resiliant ant then any other Tinker. And this in my put her bullshit meter above any other Tinker.
>>
>>92127164
>I hate artistic license
>>
>>92127374
I do hate artistic license in a fanart-starved fandom, because every single piece of fanart influences other artists that don't realize what is artistic license and what is canon
>>
>>92127382
>I am autistic and hate creativity
>I'd rather have no fanart at all
>>
>>92083442
taylor is a reckless and suicidal idiot
>>
>>92127399
I'm not telling that person to stop, just pointing out the "mistakes". I can hate it without censoring it.

It's not like I'm forced to pretend to like it just because we're desperate.
>>
>>92127468
Ok, point but lets be honest. Sometimes improvments are needed. A runner dog mask is fucking retarded and everything else you mentioned in minor enough to be nitpicking.
>>
>>92114885
cause supermans never fought a genius with kryptonite before, right?

Go home, kid
>>
>>92126936
>String Theory was prepping to KNOCK DOWN THE MOON
God this is one of the biggest gripes with Worm. Wildbow made this big crazy world full of cool shit that never gets expanded upon or explored in favor of focusing on arguably some of the least interesting characters in the whole story, the Undersiders.
>>
>>92127552
>I hate lore and world building
>>
>>92084400
I had the same problem with Worm as I had with Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy.
Small, specialized gang of criminals with superpowers in a big city doing anti-hero stuff turns into Final Fantasy level end of the world stuff, giant space fleas, forced melodrama and main characters getting screwed in the ending.
>>
>>92127648
Now that I think about it, there's a lot of other similarities like trauma being necessary to awaken powers.
>>
>>92094139
>autism man yet still gets to fuck a cute canadian robot girl
Lucky bastard
>>
>>92127594
Literally the opposite of what I said.
>>
File: Narwhal WIP 6.jpg (234KB, 923x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Narwhal WIP 6.jpg
234KB, 923x1333px
>>92090348
Agreed.
>>
>>92095376
Wait, wait. I've changed my idea.

What about a tinker that specializes in electricity, and make things that do shit like electrostatic levitation, electromagnetism, electric barriers, shit like that?

How bullshit would that be?
>>
>>92127648
Worm was literally never about small scale stuff, from the word go Wildbow was writing it about Scion and the original plan was to jump around all over the place with a variety of main characters to flesh the world out in preparation for the final battle.

Then instead of that happening it turned out Taylor was much more interesting and popular to write about so he adjusted the story to fit that but the story was still ALWAYS focused on upper end stuff and people who pretend that it started as some minor villain gang story are delusional. Remember that time when Taylor's first fight in the entire series was against Lung - the dragon of Kyushu?
>>
>>92128227
Wildbow might have had plans to up the scale of things from the start, but that doesn't change the fact that the story began and ran for a bit at street level, with character driven conflicts being the focus and the situation around powers appearing as grounded and "plausible". So it's not stupid to prefer that presentation over the apocalypse and cosmic entity stuff that became the focus later.

And while Lung might have been a notorious A class threat, he was still just a gang leader at the start of the story. Just a really dangerous one.
>>
>>92128253
I really feel like anyone with this absurd "character driven conflict" complaint missed the literal entire point of the final few arcs and the final battle. I refuse to believe anyone who thinks the story ever derailed from being character centric has actually read it.
>>
>>92128276
This.
>>
>>92128276
I have that complaint and I've read Worm from start to finish twice.
>>
what does hero do?
>>
any good worm fanfiction?

frickin love this sort of gritty/urban realistic supernatural/capeshit stuff
>>
>>92098334
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/interlude-19-donation-bonus-2/
>>
>>92128416
don't go down this rabbit hole anon, it never ends
>>
>>92128442
>>92098334
got removed

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MznMFv4_PT1ApGgCf6B2E6CD8lNWTvERisWXUJ45c9w/edit

heres the old text
>>
>>92083442
is Worm really that good?
>>
>>92128416
Like you wouldn't believe
>>
So I only JUST started looking at Worm because of this thread, is it a text based story?
If so is it downloadable in its entirety anywhere? I'd like to put it on my kindle or something.
>>
>>92110872
good or competent.

reading this thread, I am seeing alot of bad guys being OP edge lords. Not seeing anyone talk of resistance being bad ass motherfuckers.
>>
>>92128546
I think some people made an unofficial ebook for it somewhere if you search reddit
>>
>>92128406
Wavelength manipulation was his specialty, and because he was a Cauldron cape he had very few limits on his Shard. So he could make a bunch of different kinds of shit.
>>
>>92128406
Tinker based around sonic and sound stuff
>>
>>92128566
this is gonna sound like a meme but in the context of worm there are very few straight up good guys so you're gonna have to define what you mean by good guys a bit further, if you just mean on the side of the 'law' then some of the most powerful and long living capes in history were good guys.

>>92128406
nobody knows because he died before they figured out how tinkers actually worked (each one has a speciality) but Legend speculated his was wavelengths which implies that Hero had a tinker version of the Stilling Shard or something.
>>
>Well as it hasn't been printed it technically isn't any volumes. It's certainly a single work, but it's close to 1,700,000 words. To the best of my knowledge, the longest single fantasy book is To Green Angel Tower, by Tad Williams, which clocks in at about 520,000 words, or a hardcover book of 1,083 pages. In fact this book is so big it's usually printed in two separate volumes. If Worm was to be printed it would require over 3 books the size of To Green Angel Tower, or four volumes each the size of A Storm of Swords.

Jesus fuck my anus... that's a lot of reading.
>>
>>92128596
wouldn't publishing it as a series of 30ish books make more sense?
>>
>>92128456
>>92128506
I NEED IT
>>
>>92110979

Here you go, right from Wildbow himself.

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2Bd34dr6OkKE18046hHKr9PhEpmA23eeOIZr5hrGqU/edit
>>
>>92128621
There is a copious amount of Worm fanfiction. Like a lot. Most of it is, unsurprisingly, fanfiction tier shit but there's some genuinely good ones out there, like Tabloid and the Cenotaph trilogy.

Also a surprising amount of Worm smut, like the stuff by Axxor. One of them, Adventures in the Mirrorverse, is basically a reverse version of the Worm setting where the Protectorate is the Syndicate and the Azn Bad Boys are the Azn Benevolent Boys, the Endbringers are the Lifegivers, and Dragon is a homicidal, hateful AI and so on. It's actually an interesting setting to read if you look past all the rampant incest and shit.
>>
>>92128684
>Tabloid

the premise for this always sounded like the most retarded thing ever, is it actually good or are you leading me on.
>>
File: 5rerv9G.jpg (133KB, 619x845px) Image search: [Google]
5rerv9G.jpg
133KB, 619x845px
>>92128720
It's good. And has original artwork.
>>
File: a-song-of-ice-and-fire-set.jpg (234KB, 1500x958px) Image search: [Google]
a-song-of-ice-and-fire-set.jpg
234KB, 1500x958px
>>92128596
>>92128596
Worm is really long but it's not ridiculously long.

For comparison, in its current form Worm is a bit shorter than all currently released A Song of Ice and Fire books (which still is missing 2 entire unreleased books) and could easily fit into 6 larger books like in pic related.

Just dividing it into 30 smaller books for each arc is kind of dumb, a lot of the arcs belong together anyway like everything before Leviathan, everything that happens when the Undersiders are warlords, etc.
>>
>>92129034
So say Worm is divvied up into six books. What would be the ending point for each of them? First one is obvious, when Taylor is outed after the Leviathan attack. But what about after that?
>>
>>92129034
meant to also reply to >>92128613

Also the picture actually shows 7 books because I assumed that 2 of them got condensed into one large one but my point still stands.
>>
>>92129034
I'd say four or five books would work
>Initial, ending with Leviathan
>Slaughterhouse Nine
>Travelers, Coil
>The Wards and Behemoth
>Gold Morning
>>
>>92129045
For the first one I'd actually think that the chapter right after Taylor gets outed should be the last, it's where Taylor is at the Endbringer memorial on Captains Hill where she meets Lisa who asks what Taylors next move is and if she is going to return to the Undersiders with her answer being the cliffhanger.

The second book will then start with the Wards interlude arc that sets the tone for the next few books, Brockten Bay is completely fucked and crime is rampant and the lenght of the Wards arc will build some nice tension because the readers still don't know what Taylors answer was until she appears in the story again when they ambush Shadow Stalker.

>>92128566
Both good and competent, it's true that the story overall is pretty edgy but examples of genuine and competent heroes that fight for good definitely exist.
Dragon best girl
>>
>>92129210
Memorial hill scene would make a good epilogue.

>spoiler
You misspelled Glory Girl, anon.
>>
>>92094515
Because instead of actually making him intelligent, or manipulative, or charismatic, Wildblow just lazily gave him an asspull power to justify his position.
>>
>>92129277
Glory girl is a blob
>>
File: a_beat_down__by_liujuin-d7wf9qq.jpg (166KB, 900x434px) Image search: [Google]
a_beat_down__by_liujuin-d7wf9qq.jpg
166KB, 900x434px
>>92129360
I mean he was pretty manipulative and charismatic, just that it was part of his power.

Though I agree that it's kind of an asspull and would have been more interesting if he just naturally was manipulative and charismatic.

I don't know how true it is but I once heard that the whole Broadcast Shard bullshit that made him almost invincible was just a retcon that was added when S9000 came to be.
Before that during their first appearence in Brockton Bay he really just was a smart and manipulative bastard.

>>92129277
That's not Madison Clements
>>
>>92129429
Not for much longer, anon. Not for much longer.

>>92129434
>spoiler
Who?
>>
I stopped reading worm at 2.8, is it worth me carrying on? Really feel like it has potential
>>
File: tumblr_o9mo6mesAH1v0mscvo1_1280.jpg (102KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9mo6mesAH1v0mscvo1_1280.jpg
102KB, 1280x853px
>>92129469
Definitely, some really good stuff was coming up at the beginning, do you remember what exactly was going on when you stopped?

>>92129429
Glory Blob was pretty disturbing but I still don't understand why her family just left her behind and shoved her off to an insane asylum instead of taking care of her, I mean it still was their daughter.
Did they at least visit her or send messages or something?
>>
>>92129523
She had just accepted the offer to join the guys who helped her beat the fire guy, where I stopped reading was when they invited her to their base
>>
>>92129523
I would imagine they visited if they were allowed to. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had a choice in whether or not Victoria was sent to the asylum. She's a parahuman with dangerous abilities that could go right off the deep end at any moment. Iirc she could still fly, right? Amy had her flying in the flesh cocoon.
>>
>>92129564
Oh wow you haven't even scratched the surface. You've just looked at the surface and went "Huh, this could be neat".
>>
File: tumblr_n5w71vbQOM1r22kk6o1_400.jpg (89KB, 329x528px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5w71vbQOM1r22kk6o1_400.jpg
89KB, 329x528px
im starting to get the impression wildbow has a thing for cute/horrific monster girls who are not quite there when pretending to be human.

sveta, noelle, green eyes, helen, lara and nora and the most recent kind mercy on top of others.

there is no coincidence that they are all fan favourites, wildbow is a talented writer who knows how to get the reaction he wants from his readers, the fact that we all think they’re the best tells us a lot about how the author feels about them.

not that im complaining, mind you, by all means they are awfully cute and i love every single one of them. god knows i have my own trends when writing characters.
>>
>>92129523
They were pretty shit parents remember
>>
>>92128110
Pretty bullshit.
>>
>>92094139
I legit thought armsmaster was black. Don't know why.
>>
>>92130008
Excellent. Alright, I'm gonna do it. And I'm gonna set it in the Mirrorverse, with some slight changes. Maybe. We'll see.

But what are the kind of things you can do with electric science stuff? So far I'm just cribbing from all the electric powers I know about, but I don't like that.
>>
>>92113809
A Practical Guide To Evil
>>
>>92130050
It was probably the beard. Actually, know that I picture it, black Armsmaster would have been kind of cool. Not for any special reason, I just think that he would have looked a bit cooler and it would have gone well with his brusque attitude.
>>
>>92127502
Lex Luther is an insnae tinkerer fixated on Superman, but despite that has failed to acheive anything of note because of shitty authors and muh status quo.
Alexandria has been running a multi-dimensional conspiracy and controlling from the shadows pretty much all of the United States for decades, while also going toe-to-toe with endbringers.
I'd say Alexandria is more competent.
>>
>>92130157
Was writing some shitty fanfic material, myself. Got bored of it. Decided to switch to a new character who is a Shifter.

There's magnetic-style telekinesis, wireless energy transfer (be it through using the earth as a conductor or just some kind of entanglement), stupid power generation like H2O magnetrons, electrocution, and melting stuff. The first three are the biggest to screw around with. That's also not particularly creative, so I'm sure others could come up with sillier stuff.
>>
>>92130241
I think I'm going to explain his tinker shit through devices that can manipulate and charge particles. I suppose I should read some stuff on it if I want to be able to shit out some plausible sounding quasi-science.

The wireless energy transfer though, that's a neat idea. Wasn't Tesla working on something like that? Either way it would be a good alternative to a cliched super battery, just saying that he has a device that takes in tons of bits of energy from various power sources. It could also create the scenario where he would be running on fumes in the event of a blackout.

And the electricity will be green, because I think it would look cool.
>>
>>92129795
case in point, twig's last chapter
https://twigserial.wordpress.com/2017/05/06/enemy-ii-arc-18/#comments
>>
>>92130351
You could explain the green as being the air particles being charged by the passage of energy (no, it's not EM radiation, it's being pulled in, you dingus) in such a way that the photons emitted around his tech just happen to be that frequency.
Also, remember that lasers can be used to ionize air to make lightning guns more amicable to aiming.
>>
>>92128416
There's one really good fic where taylor joins the S9 and jack slash is a teen in Brockton Bay. It's unfinished but is still pretty good
>>
>>92130157
Well you got all of Static Shock for inspiration, assuming the power is basically Static Shocks power but you need to build equipment first.

There are lots of ways you can approach this this, my first thought was that for each aspect of Static Shocks power you need a different piece of equipment, like one piece would be the thing that lets you sense metallic objects and electricity like a heads-up-display or something, another one lets you control the metallic objects but unless the object already has electricity running through it you need a different piece of equipment that can generate electricity to give it the juice.

A different approach could be that the character has a secondary power that lets them create electricity in their body and all the tinker equipment they can build is stuff that lets them harnest that energy.

I recently started watching the Statik Shock cartoon and one bullshit thing I remember in particular is him leading his fire themed nemesis into a park where his enemy seems to have the advantage until Static uses his electricity to pull the sewage pipes from underground to dose him in water.
I imagine that pulling out hidden metal stuff could have potential, with a strong enough pull you could pull the copper wiring from the walls of a house and use it to bind people or something.
>>
>>92130351
>Wasn't Tesla working on something like that?
Yeah, he had a few methods like giant electrical towers trying to broadcast it in radio waves, or pumping enough juice into the earth to saturate it within a good distance. Many of them didn't work or would require a staggering amount of electricity. It's been years since I read/watched stuff about that, though. I could be totally off.
>>
File: Fortress_(Earth-616).png (131KB, 296x620px) Image search: [Google]
Fortress_(Earth-616).png
131KB, 296x620px
I know your in this thread wildbow, you outed yourself as a /co/mrade with the weld meme.
>>
>>92130511
Was the meme ever expounded upon?
>>
>>92130405
I'm actually going to explain the green as the character deliberately doing it to look cool and stand out from other electric based capes

I probably throw in ionization as the explanation as to why he can aim, but I don't think I'll do guns. The picture I have right now is something like a semi-suit of powered armor, with him wearing pieces of high tech stuff over/under a trench coat or something. Not because I dig the trench coat look, but because he'll start out as independent and try to avoid recruitment for as long as possible, so he only has so many options.

Maybe a kind of harness that holds his wireless transfer device with a back up battery and has wireless links to gauntlets, the left one doing a polarity shield to block bullets and such and the right throwing out lightning and shockwaves. Maybe a belt full of little gadgets like things that do electrostatic levitation fields and taser bombs and such. Upgrades will come later.

Hey, what was your fiction about?
>>
>>92130562
nope, Weld just said that he was popular with the public due to his status as an internet meme. this was around the same time that mettle/fortress had become a meme on /co/
>>
>>92130631
Did Weld live? I forgot
>>
>>92130691
I think the last we see is him and Sveta being alive.
>>
File: aamd.jpg (93KB, 445x576px) Image search: [Google]
aamd.jpg
93KB, 445x576px
>>92130631
>the public
More like popular only with /co/
>>
>>92130691
Yeah, he lived. Irregulars tore him to bits but he was there to partake in the Scion bullyfest, where he changed himself to look like Eden or some shit.
>>
>>92130595
>Hey, what was your fiction about?
Not that anon, but my electric-tinker shitty fanfic was just focused upon him trying to scrap together resources and get his feet under him after a rough triggering. Most of the writing was avoiding forced recruitment by the skin of his teeth and trying to remain neutral for as long as possible. Didn't get terribly far with it, but it was amusing while it held my interest.

>>92130691
Towards the end a 'metal skinned' boy helped with the bullying, IIRC, and may or may not have been Weld. It was left ambiguous. Otherwise >>92130725
>>
>>92130732
>aamd
Avenger's Academy Mettle Death?
>>
>>92130755
>Not that anon, but my electric-tinker shitty fanfic was just focused upon him trying to scrap together resources and get his feet under him after a rough triggering. Most of the writing was avoiding forced recruitment by the skin of his teeth and trying to remain neutral for as long as possible
Are you me?
>>
>>92130791
>Are you me?
Skeptical, but I was amused when you mentioned similar thoughts.
>>
I really hope the sequel will have multiple protagonists and POVs.

The world has expanded so much after Gold Morning, with all the different parallel universes now all with different inhibitants and ways of living (depending on how the local parahuman warlord decides to run things).
I don't know what kind of story Wildbow wants to tell with the sequel but if he decides to stick with the giant scale of the world he's build then I would love multiple characters with jumping viewpoints.
>>
>>92130725
that's good, they were cute together
>>
>>92130807
Tell me more. Did you set it in Brockton Bay or elsewhere? What did his gear look like? I was thinking of having him it in Brockton Bay but to avoid parts that Worm already covered to explore other parts, like the Wards and New Wave and E88 and such. My idea for the character was for him to take a long time to explore his power and get his shit together, building prototypes in a ramshackle lab made from a boxcar in the old train yard.
>>
>>92130896
Brockton Bay. Not especially creative.

Jeans and a wife-beater or jacket. The /gear/ mostly subsisted of a large choker with three orbs, which were each suited for wireless energy transfer, storing power, or the magnetics. Eventually had scavenged electrodes connected to that running down his arms and spine. His only generator was buried a few feet down.

>My idea for the character was for him to take a long time to explore his power and get his shit together, building prototypes in a ramshackle lab made from a boxcar in the old train yard.
I laughed. Yeah, that, but he also moved shop every time people harassed him or poked around too closely. He never had a ton of junk so it was a relatively easy task.
>>
>>92088298
Don't forget how everything happened because Eden/Taylor's mom crashed while texting and driving
>>
>>92088488
Honestly I think it could be great, Pact is the most modest in scope of all WB's stories. It's also the worst but that's mostly because of pacing issues, the constant sense of pressure, etc. When it gets adapted for TV that should be relatively easy to fix.
>>
>>92131060
Sounds like some cyberpunk type shit, cool.
>>
>>92131128
Please do not mention Pact. It triggers me.
>>
>>92130385
>as Twig approaches its conclusion
So it's almost over? Thank god.
>>
>>92131087
what if contessa sent the text.
>>
>>92131087
What?
>>
>>92131223
read the novel
>>
>>92131238
I have, twice, but I don't remember anything about Annette's death being relevant to anything other than Taylor.
>>
>>92130808
im hoping he'll bring in aliens and not just the entities but other kind of aliens as well, from the weird green man to the multitentacled blobcreatures of oobolong 3.
i think that was the one super hero tope he didnt truly explored in worm, aliens.
i mean, the entities are pandimensional cosmic level so they dont really count as proper "aliens"
>>
>>92131168
Haven't read it yet but was planning to, did Wildbow fuck the pacing up again or what?

>>92131223
Taylor's mom died because she was distracted by her phone while driving (I think Taylor hung up on her moments before and Annette tried calling her back) and crashed.
Eden died because "she" was distracted by communicating with another entity (Abaddon) while on course to earth, crashing into it and dieing.
>>
>>92131087
>look up annette on the wiki
>follow the link to lustrum's page
>she's described as a "feminist anti-hero"
>story literally describes her as a violent sexist
>>
>>92131275
>Eden died because "she" was distracted by communicating with another entity (Abaddon) while on course to earth, crashing into it and dieing.
You got this wrong. She was just distracted with the shard Abaddon gave her, the Path To Victory shard.
>>
>>92131275
>did Wildbow fuck the pacing up again or what?
Beware of actual spoilers. But the pacing is also fucked.

>story starts with cool magic stuff with mc becoming a practitioner with a r63 mirror self for a partner
>neat, really get into it
>lots of emphasis put on him building up his power as a magician
>lots of rules established for how magic works
>all really cool stuff

Now, for the spoilers that ruined it for me.
>mc becomes a monster and loses all his magic, ruining the concept for me and throwing bunches of prior plot points right out the window
>he gets handed a shitty deal like all other wildbow mcs, this time it's his family history as demon summoners
>this keeps him from building relationships with interesting characters for no good fucking reason
>did i mention he lost his fucking magic
>mirror partner is an unlikable psycho bitch that adds nothing to the story, the only power she has is power she takes from mc
>then after mc becomes a monster he takes her place in the mirror world
>now he plays second fiddle while psycho bitch does her psycho bitch thing
>mc has a fetish for ugly girls
>>
>>92131411
Wow, was this all Abaddon's keikaku all along?
I mean, he gave Eden the PtV shard, which caused her death, then Contessa took that shard and engineered Scion's death.
>>
>>92131513
It's generally accepted it was. Whether Abaddon was just a good shard or he's coming back for worm 2 for whatever purposes we don't know.
>>
File: 1420905085596.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1420905085596.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
>>92083442
>being autistic enough to read a million-word poorly written young adult capeshit story
>>
>>92131558
>worm
>young adult
nice bait
>>
>>92131586
Violence does not an adult novel make
>>
>>92131596
Instead of playing the game of moving goalposts let's hear what you think an "adult novel" is.
>>
File: 1467243626110.jpg (10KB, 235x218px) Image search: [Google]
1467243626110.jpg
10KB, 235x218px
>>92131558
Jokes on you buddy, because I'm autistic enough to have read it several times and to hunt down fanfiction for it.
>>
>>92131257
It's only relevant to Taylor. I'm pointing out the parallelism with Eden.
>>
>>92131275
no, from a technical point of view twig is fine
my problem with it is that it does the biopunk setting and then we are stuck with a character who's powerset is just being really good at mindgames...in a biopunk setting.
so he's good at social dinamycs, interrogation, planning, strategy, stealth, infiltration, learning things, reading people, manipulating, etc.
in a biopunk setting.
we could have followed one of the scientists who actually can do cool shit with crazy science but no, we have to do cloak and dagger shit in a biopunk setting that might as well not be there at all half the time.
also the first half of the story is the characters working for the goverment, so is not like they are the underdogs or they are rebelling or they are making something of their own, is just them going on missions and defeating the monster of the week in the name of the powers that be.
id say its because i dont like biopunk but the sample chapter Boil is set in the same universe and it was a million times better but wildbow is so scared of writing taylor over and over again that he leaves us with these useless MCs like blake or the lambs that we just have to watch suffer for a hundred arcs and then the story ends
>>
>>92131487
Anon was asking about Twig, not Pact.

>>92131275
No, I'd say the pacing in Twig is pretty good. I actually think it's a better story than Worm, but it doesn't inspire fanworks anywhere as much, so it's doomed to be less popular.
>>
>>92131060
An idea I forgot to mention. It's probably meme-y but I wanted to have him build a prolific online presence and have most of his popularity come from that. You know him engaging with curious cape fans online and maybe even taking personal requests from people who tried to get help from the law only to be met with inaction. One of the first things he does as a hero is take a missing persons case that the police had given up on.

He uses tinker bullshit to make sure his online stuff is secure.
>>
>>92100419
Heartbreaker is a much shittier character, though
>>
File: 1477540656540.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1477540656540.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>92131697
Shit taste.

>>92131616
In terms of fantasy and science fiction? Bakker's work. Gene Wolfe's. Glen Cook arguably. Philip K. Dick.
>>
>>92131724
>Anon was asking about Twig, not Pact.
Oh shit, my bad. I just saw the (You) and assumed he replied to my post about Pact triggering me. Which it does.

But yeah Twig is fine, I just want it to be over so he goes back to Worm and begins Worm 2.
>>
>>92131788
>Philip K. Dick

Actually a huge inspiration from Worm, and very similar to some of his work.

I'm sure you'll like Worm more than shitposting, dude.
>>
>>92131264
When the entity interlude started giving vague descriptions of alien life in the universe it got me hyped as fuck, like when the duo came to earth and started comparing humans to all the other creatures they have encountered.

Also according to WOG if the entities plan worked out and they finally blew up Earth in the end they would have kept the design of the human brain because complex brains like that are rare, this would have advanced their knowledge on telepathy and maybe could have breeded some shards that could actually do stuff like mind reading, telepathic communication, etc.

>>92131297
I could be remembering it wrong but I am pretty sure that Taylor even dropped the word "feminazi" in a joking manner when thinking of Lustrum.

>>92131586
Not the anon you were responding to but I have to agree that Worm is a YA story, I gave it a lot of thought and it is kind of a border case but I'm leaning towards yes.
>>
File: 1462763017355.jpg (3KB, 183x171px) Image search: [Google]
1462763017355.jpg
3KB, 183x171px
>>92131788
>Shit taste.
Jokes on you again. I accepted this about myself long ago.

And do these namedrops make you feel good about yourself?
>>
>>92131808
Not remotely similar. Worm's length is the core of its incredible autism. Reads like something written by a tvtropes user.

I read up until... The leviathan fight? It's been years, but I remember being unable to stomach the prose any longer.

>>92131834
Not really, he just wanted some names.
>>
>>92131808
>arguing with a frogposter
>>
>>92131842
It really seems like you are complaining about how long it is and how short your attention span is, instead of about the quality of the writing.

>>92131856
You're right, I'll start ignoring him now.
>>
>>92131842
To be fair to Worm it's essentially a rough draft. Nobody has edited it and it needs a lot of polish.
>>
File: tumblr_og1eq3DUCO1u2j8pro1_540.png (111KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og1eq3DUCO1u2j8pro1_540.png
111KB, 468x810px
>>92131275
yes but only because there are two boy characters that become girls.
one fore a short period of time and the other permanently.
besides that there is not point
>>
>>92131902
What exactly did Sy do to Lilian?
>>
>>92131869
It's long without deserving to be long, is the problem.The world's longest work of fiction is some retarded Smash Brothers fanfic. The point isn't that it's too long and the reader will get distracted, the point is that it's poorly written and doesn't have any business being that long.

>>92131897
That's part of the problem, and part of why it feels like a waste of time to read.
>>
>>92131149
When will people stop hating on Pact?
>>
File: twig.jpg (739KB, 1418x1710px) Image search: [Google]
twig.jpg
739KB, 1418x1710px
going to dump some fanart since we are saging
>>
File: best girl.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
>>92129277
Rachel is and will forever be the cutest
>>
>>92131944
When Wildbow himself stops.
>>
File: tumblr_og1eq3DUCO1u2j8pro2_540.png (88KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og1eq3DUCO1u2j8pro2_540.png
88KB, 540x543px
>>92131925
sy did nothing wrong in the end, it was lillian the one who was the bitch.
god i was pissed when she got jealous that sy had moved on
>>
>>92131779
It's a very amusing thought, but more specialized tinkers (cough Dragon cough) would probably be able to blow through protections pretty easily. It's a short skip and a hop to get the ISP and IP address, and a rough estimate of location, even through a bunch of proxies. Not that I'm actually versed in any of that stuff, but it feels like a huge gamble.

It's also always bothered me that only two capes were ever confirmed on Parahumans Online. You'd think some villain or S9 would get bored and go for it, despite that.
>>
File: tumblr_negy8sF4xg1u2j8pro1_1280.jpg (249KB, 564x1126px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_negy8sF4xg1u2j8pro1_1280.jpg
249KB, 564x1126px
>>
>>92131944
Fucking never.

I will hate on Pact until the day I fucking die. And then I'll come back as a fucking ghost and possess some NEET loser and make him hate on Pact until he fucking dies.

Pact really fucking burns my biscuits.
>>
>>92131925
He tried pulling some seductive shit and ended up upsetting her with how well it was working on her despite herself.
>>
>>92131275

Yes. His pacing is still bad.
>>
File: tumblr_neh0n1AzUV1u2j8pro1_1280.jpg (405KB, 773x706px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neh0n1AzUV1u2j8pro1_1280.jpg
405KB, 773x706px
>>
>>92131993
Yeah I thought of that, which is why he'll be taking the precaution of burner phones on top of tinker bullshit for his profile. Seriously, you can get some good prepaid smartphones these days.

Although I doubt that would protect him from a determined tinker, which might become another scenario.
>>
File: The Undersiders.jpg (183KB, 1275x627px) Image search: [Google]
The Undersiders.jpg
183KB, 1275x627px
>>
>>92131986
But what did he do?
>>
>>92132077
That Skitter really triggers me.
>>
>>92132078
he abandoned her and then tried to play the "arch-nemeses with sexual tension" game with her and she didnt like it.
they broke up and he rebounded with his best friend who was a boy at the time, but since sy didnt like boys his best friend became a girl because she didnt care either way as long as she got to be with sy
>>
>>92132077
imp on the left?
>>
>>92132184
no thats regent
>>
>>92132210
i noticed what you did there
>>
>>92130433
link?
>>
>>92132078

Tied her up and sexually molested her. Leading to her hating herself for liking it and hating Sy for being able to get her to like it. This is all after Sy broke up with her and she tried to move on, emotionally, with her life.
>>
>>92132077
Probably my favourite group picture of them but some of the minor details really trigger me.

Bitch's dogs don't have spikes, especially not on their backs like that.
How else would they ride them when they get bigger? They are supposed to look like giant flesh monsters.

Imp should not be a tall as Regent, she should be the least tall of them all since she's the youngest.

Grue is wearing a leather jacket which is part of his first costume but also has the demon mask that he starts wearing with his later costume.

I guess this is more of an opinion but Skitter's costume looks way too bulky, I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be almost camouflaged when she's in the middle of an insect swarm, I prefer fanart like >>92083674 where it looks more unassuming.

>>92132244
I'm pretty sure that anon is talking about Weaver 9, just google it's one of the more famous ones.
>>
>>92132258
i wouldnt say he molested her, he made it very clear that she could stop it at any moment
>>
File: sdgdfhdarhfdhfghjfgjfgj.png (1MB, 1275x627px) Image search: [Google]
sdgdfhdarhfdhfghjfgjfgj.png
1MB, 1275x627px
>>92132117
Better?
>>
>>92129795
twig is just fucking full of absolutely fantastic cute girls. how does he do it.

evette > jessie > helen = mary > lillian but all of them are gr9
>>
>>92132312
>evette
>top of anything
unless you mean evetter with sy's body after getting naked and covered in soap in which case, yes, she is the cutest and i want her to show up again
>>
>>92132307
Yeah, but I still don't like it. A big part of her creep factor was her costume showing how spindly she was.
>>
>>92132386
evette is my autistic waifu who immediately strips and gets slippery to talk to mauer and i love her

she's really just sy except a girl and wyverning stat points into science and away from charisma, which makes her even cuter.
>>
>>92132408
actually i think it makes more sense that she is bulky, she is supposed to be intimidating and the thing is that everyone was surprised when they found out she was just some teenager. so it makes sense she doesnt look like a young spindly girl
>>
Anybody want to make a new thread? Worm threads are a rare thing and there's some momentum here.
>>
/tg/ grew out of warhammer wednesdays. we should pick one day a week for wildbow serial discussion cause this is fun
>>
>>92132433
She was never imposing though.
>>
>>92132424
i was thinking between sy and now helen in the most recent chapter, mauer seems to have a tendency to get the attention of young boys and girls all the time, which is funny considering he is techincally a reverend, it should be the other way around.
but i really hope the last boss of twig is just evette, that sy's is absolutely gone much in the same way taylor turns into kephri and the otther lambs have to defeat her.
i really have no idea how this story is going to end
>>
>>92132443
I doubt it would fly. Occasional threads are one thing but if it started happening regularly we would probably get booted to /lit/ or /trash/.
>>
File: sdgdfhtfghjfgjfgjghj two.png (1MB, 1275x627px) Image search: [Google]
sdgdfhtfghjfgjfgjghj two.png
1MB, 1275x627px
>>92132408
Behold. Any thinner and she starts to look really silly.

The image does portray them as a group pretty well.
>>
>>92132438
link it if you make it but i dont think it'll last
we are just talking about waifus at this point, the discussion wont last a lot longer than this
>>
>>92132482
>reminder that teen!fem!lamb!mauer is someone sy canonically fantasizes about.
>>
>>92132064
Or maybe he makes a special tinker phone. I don't know. What exactly is the limits on the extra stuff tinkers can do anyway? Armsmaster makes a prediction algorithm and teleporting shit, Kid Win makes armor and programs and shit, Bonesaw makes spider robots, where does it end?
>>
File: Panacea and Glory Girl.png (238KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
Panacea and Glory Girl.png
238KB, 600x891px
So Amy was saying that she wanted to make Vicky more beautiful and have sex with her brainwashed body and then she said that she had trouble changing Vicky back.
So she did have sex with her?

>>92132307
Not the anon you were responding to but I do like this one better, a closed mask design just seems way more creepy than when you can see her lower face.
Still prefer it to play up how skinny Taylor was like >>92132408 said.

>>92132433
I think everyone was suprised because Taylor is tall for her age and they couldn't tell she was that young when she was masked.

>>92132438
I agree with >>92132487, let's not overdo it.
There'll be more threads in the future, just wait one or two weeks.
>>
Before the thread dies, I need help. What's a good name for an electric tinker cape? I was thinking maybe Arc but it doesn't sound cool enough to me.
>>
>>92132612
>So she did have sex with her?
Glory Blob didn't have any penises on her so I doubt it.
>>
>>92132653
voltaic

maxwell's rod

capacitor

field

ohm
>>
>>92132583
see the tinker doc for details, but thinking of tinkers as just having a power and the tinkering being a modifier like striker or shaker dictating its expression makes more sense.

"Specialties are fairly narrow. The topic/realm in which they create. 'Incendiary tinkering', 'Powersuit, Tall', 'Visor/scanning tinker'.
Inspiration determines how the tinker manages and works with their ideas. This can include...
Crude inspiration - no need for special materials, tinkerings are rough edged, ugly, big, but fast to put together from raw materials. Emphasis on gear, weapons, armor, hard/impossible to do anything fancy.
Wild inspiration - ideas come hard and fast, and they're hard to keep hold of. Tinker operates by having resources available and sort of stands at the table, thinking, 'no, no, no... maybe, yes.' as the ideas fly through their mind's eye. Very little control over how they approach it, so they end up with a rather assorted pile of gear and are forced to figure out how to make it work together in execution.
Ego tinker - Tinker makes gear for themselves alone, only really keeps/maintains what they can wear/carry, and maybe one or two backup items. This makes for interesting combinations with certain specialties (vat tinker wearing powersuit with built in creature-growing vat on back). Fairly balanced/controlled inspiration for getting ideas/blueprints in mind, but many challenges in determining what to sacrifice or how far to push things in terms of gear/loadout. For example, Tinker has been losing fights vs. electricity breaker, wants to create energy manipulating/shielding power armor, but this means sacrificing grav manipulating gloves and jetpack suit; or a the ego tinker has to weigh spending 2 hours maintaining the gloves he uses once in a blue moon vs. living his life."
>>
>>92132653
If he's cocky take "Zeus" or any other god of thunder/lightning.

Or "Raiden", if he's a weeb
>>
>>92132743
>Crude inspiration - no need for special materials, tinkerings are rough edged, ugly, big, but fast to put together from raw materials. Emphasis on gear, weapons, armor, hard/impossible to do anything fancy.
Squealer?
>Wild inspiration - ideas come hard and fast, and they're hard to keep hold of. Tinker operates by having resources available and sort of stands at the table, thinking, 'no, no, no... maybe, yes.' as the ideas fly through their mind's eye. Very little control over how they approach it, so they end up with a rather assorted pile of gear and are forced to figure out how to make it work together in execution.
Kid Win?
>Ego tinker - Tinker makes gear for themselves alone, only really keeps/maintains what they can wear/carry, and maybe one or two backup items. This makes for interesting combinations with certain specialties (vat tinker wearing powersuit with built in creature-growing vat on back). Fairly balanced/controlled inspiration for getting ideas/blueprints in mind, but many challenges in determining what to sacrifice or how far to push things in terms of gear/loadout. For example, Tinker has been losing fights vs. electricity breaker, wants to create energy manipulating/shielding power armor, but this means sacrificing grav manipulating gloves and jetpack suit; or a the ego tinker has to weigh spending 2 hours maintaining the gloves he uses once in a blue moon vs. living his life."
Armsmaster.
>>
>>92132826
Kid Win but also Bakuda I think, she had no control over what bombs she's going to build.
>>
>>92132502
>>92132307
needs to widen the waist a bit more
>>
>>92132043

AH!!!

Blake and Best Girl!

Green Eyes is Best Girl, and YOU ALL KNOW IT.

Plus, I actually really enjoyed when Blake had his 'change of heart'. Ya'll are just haters.
>>
>>92132502

AWESOME!
>>
>>92133013
i actually loved it when blake becomes a monster, if only the story had been about that from the start instead of teasing us with "LOOK AT ALL THIS COOL MAGIC SHIT THAT WE WILL NEVER GET TO DO!!!"
>>
>>92131958
Duncan looks absolutely done with every type of bullshit imaginable.
>>
>>92083442
She's literally the hero her world deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Which really says more about her world than her.

>>92132003
Why is that rose so thicc

Why is that Blake built like a hobgoblin

>>92133188
For a world that's pretty much doomed to be killed by demons or slamdunked into the Abyss, Pact had a surprisingly happy ending.
>>
>>92133364
>Why is that rose so thicc
Looks like some other or construct or something with a mirror attached to it.
>>
File: Clockblocker.png (466KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Clockblocker.png
466KB, 800x800px
This has been a great thread , until next time.

Also posting best boy
>>
>>92133565
He was so best he got fucking rezzed.
>>
>>92133565

that's not nvm you got it right
>>
>>92133622
I really hope Grue get's resurrected too, they died in the same place.
>>
>>92133666
Wildbow probably would have teased it if it was going to happen. As it is there wouldn't be much point in bringing him back. His character was already spent way before Golden Morning, and he didn't even warrant his own death scene.

I say let the poor bastard stay dead.
Thread posts: 560
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.