[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this series basically dead in the water?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is this series basically dead in the water?
>>
Lator is basically Aaron but gayer, so yeah
>>
Has either series done anything or told any story in 30-ish issues?
>>
It's just so boring. It feels like we're still in an introductory arc of some kind. Any other book would have wrapped all of this stuff up ages ago, but Spider-Gwen has been such a tedious slog.
>>
I sure hope so, considering that it's never been good.
>>
I wasnt aware that it was still going
>>
It looks like it. They're finally setting up the Gwenom arc, which is nice, but it's come after almost two years of basically nothing happening. Part of that is due to crossovers with Earth-616 slowing down or just plain halting her own story, but I also think the underwhelming creative team is to blame. Sadly, like I said in the short-lived storytime thread, it's more likely that they will just cancel the series than find a new creative team (unless sales are still good enough for them by the time Rodriguez leaves, I guess).
>>
I've never seen a book piss away its own momentum so effectively.

Shame too. I thought it was a really neat idea for a book, and the Spider-Gwen costume is just a fantastic bit of design.
>>
File: Spider-Gwen (2015-) 012-021.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Gwen (2015-) 012-021.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92074965
her dad found out she's spiderwoman, and started covering for her
Frank, who in this universe is a cowboy cop, found out Stacy was covering for spider-woman so stalked him until they met and tried to kill them both
Frank went to jail but the only way for the charges to stick would be if Stacy confessed that he was subverting justice by aiding an illegal vigilante
Gwen lost her powers in the spider-woman crossover, but got her hand on a batch of 'booster shots' used by her universes Jess(e) Drew, a man, after he decided to quit working for the evil organization S.I.L.K.
Gwen was approached by Kingpin Matt Murdock who offered to keep her dad out of jail if she agreed to work for him, and also revealed he knew she'd lost her powers and was relying on the booster shots, and that he's willing to keep supplying her with them if she agrees to the deal.
She accepted the deal, but nothing has yet to come of it since she then got dragged into a crossover arc with Spider-Bendis
and that's where we are now.

Its been forshadowed that she's gonna get her symbiote arc soon since the source of the booster shots she's using is the inky black [Venom] of these space spiders S.I.L.K. discovered

Oh yeah, her Norman Osborn became Goblin, Agent of Shield and vowed to avenge Peter Parker's death by murdering Spider-Woman but that was ages ago and hasn't been brought up since

This is what happens when editors don't do their job, the writer clearly has no idea how to pace a serial
>>
>>92076116
I think they still want to push Spider-Gwen since her merchandise sells well, though. So they'd probably put her in something else, or they'd resurrect 616 Gwen and make her Spider-Gwen.
>>
>>92076985
well their putting her in the new spider-man cartoon as part of peter's spider sentai squad
>>
>>92076985
I think they'll just move Spider-Gwen to 616 and have her stay there for awhile.
>>
>>92076478
I thought this weeks issue was fine, until I hit the last past.

Someone really needs to tap the writer on the shoulder and tell him he's not creating the new Ultimate Universe.
>>
>>92078548

Marvel may as well create a new ultimate universe because the main one is a clusterfuck of uninteresting bullshit made worse by the constant fucking events.
>>
>>92074846

It's been floating face-down since practically the beginning.
>>
>>92078548
He might as well, it's pretty much the only comic allowed to spend lots of time in an alternate Universe.
>>
>>92074846
what a waste of a gorgeous costume
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.