[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ed Edd n Eddy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

Let's get a thread going

>Favorite Character
>Favorite Episode
>Favorite Character quotes/lines
>>
File: these rocks.png (297KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
these rocks.png
297KB, 500x379px
>>92074484
That's a mighty fine thead ya posted there.
This board requires a Thread-posting permit. So unless you buy one, I'm gonna have to hit you with one of these rocks
>>
>>92074484
>Eddy
>They Call Him Mr. Ed
>"SUBALWA"
>>
Character: Ed
Episode: Too many to choose but I'll say One + One = Ed
Quotes: "It's the phantom of the earwax!"
"Swiggity swag what's in the bag!"
"Carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone?"
"You guys are going to make my turtle cry!"
"Spending an extended time in female company can be mentally disorientating and physically confusing."
I could keep posting great Ed quotes.
>>
>>92074484
>eddy
>An Ed is Born
>Woo-hoo PG-13!
>>
>>92074773
Patrician tastes.

>>92074686
Eddy was at his best in earlier seasons, I think. Later seasons made him louder and less intelligent.
>>
>Rolf
>No speak da Ed
>Rolf: [enraged] "A dog has raised his hind leg on the age of nevermore! Heed Rolf, do not get involved, ill-advised Ed Boy, lest your pomegranates shrivel at the cold of the Dark Sea!"
>[In the real world, Rolf is hitting Ed over the head with his shepherd's rod.]
Rolf: "Never again shall you torment Rolf's livestock!" [He storms out of the school angrily.] "Rolf will have his revenge!"
>>
>>92074484
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>Yeah
>Really?
>>
>>92074484
I loved this show so much. Even though I Big Picture Show made me feel resolved, what are the odds of Antonucci doing a small special?
>>
>>92074484
>Ed
>An Ed is born
>I can't sleep Eddy, how can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?
>>
File: 1488581820554.png (228KB, 312x314px) Image search: [Google]
1488581820554.png
228KB, 312x314px
>>92074484
>Aside from the Eds, Rolf.
>That one episode where Ed sleep walked and stole everyone's food.
>"Eddy, why is someone in the kitchen with Dinah?"
>>
File: beep.gif (2MB, 245x293px) Image search: [Google]
beep.gif
2MB, 245x293px
I have a confession /co/, I never actually watched this due to batshit conservative parents. Where can I stream it?
>>
>>92075094
watchcartoononline, but make sure you have adblock.
>>
Ed Edd n Eddy online has been dead since April 1st, it wasn't a fucking joke or maintenance
>>
>>92074996
The later seasons just felt like they made a lot of characters these overexaggerated/flanderized versions of them from earlier episodes.
>>
>Double D and Jimmy
>the one where Ed thinks Double D is a bug alien
>"you're a genius, Double D."
>"only when you're around Eddy."
>>
"Hei Scandura! te cheama ma-ta!"
>>
I really liked Nazz and Kevin's relationship in the movie, makes me wish there was more of it in the show.

When I was a kid I liked Edd but now that I'm older I like Eddy.
>>
>Double D
>One + One = Ed
>"Ow! My liver. Ow! My lasagna."
>"Ed, lasagna isn't a major organ"
>"It isn't?"
>>
>>92074484
WHEN YOU STUB YOUR TOE AND IT HURTS YOU KNOW
>>
File: 1319693600281.gif (621KB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
1319693600281.gif
621KB, 320x243px
>Favorite Character
When I was a kid, I liked Ed, who's the stupid one, I think. It's been a long time since I watched the show. I guess I was a bit of a tall guy and something about being treated like shit by my older sibling resonated with me? Regardless, I mostly just quoted him a lot because people laughed when I did. I was more into the lolsorandom humor as a kid, too, so that character appealed to me more. No shit, I didn't eat toast before this show and I guess I have it to thank for trying buttered toast. Nowadays, I think my favorite character is Kevin.

>Favorite Episode
That one where they build the whole fake city of Rolf (sp?) was pretty good, from what I recall. I kinda didn't like any episodes where the Eds were trying to get Jawbreakers, I hated a lot of the supporting cast, especially the Kankers, as a kid. Episodes as removed from characters like Jimmy, Sarah, and Johnny.

>Favorite Quote
Honestly, it's not really a quote, but when double D plays the finger-guitar thing, that really sticks out in my mind. I always get a chuckle out of it, just because of how it's framed in the scene and how Edd's attitude is about it.

Real talk, though;
I really don't like this show.
The animation is not attractive.
The voices really grinded at me.
The humor was very hit-and-miss.
Jawbreakers aren't tasty.

It bothers me that so many people on /co/ hold the series in such high regards, because it's one of my least enjoyed CN shows from the 2000's.
>>
File: 1490563724668.jpg (113KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1490563724668.jpg
113KB, 512x384px
>>
File: c21.jpg (39KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
c21.jpg
39KB, 600x445px
>>92078332
The reason you feel that way is because you have a stick shoved so far up your ass, that even surgery can't remove it without killing you.
>>
File: 1374624220203.jpg (199KB, 752x590px) Image search: [Google]
1374624220203.jpg
199KB, 752x590px
>>92078332 here.
I don't meant to say it's wrong that you guys enjoy it--enjoying a thing is great. I honestly wish I enjoyed the show more, myself.

What bugs me is that I can't really partake in much discussion in all the threads I see, because I really don't like the show and I don't want to bum out people in the thread.

I suppose I never really got on board with the whole three-stooges protagonist group. The times I think the show is working well for me is when the characters step out of just being stupid. Even as a kid, I found the antics more dumb than enjoyable. With other shows around that time, like Dexter's Lab or Courage, I was more inclined to watch because I was interested in the protagonist's absurd and outlandish struggle, which often provided for exciting or comedic moments. I think Ed, Edd, and Eddy might've been a better show if there was far more focus on the scams the Eds would pull, maybe?

Regardless, as a cartoon from that era, it's notably quite grounded. There's no magic, talking animals, etc. However, it still tries to be a bit absurd, which might be where I'm having hang ups? It's at odds with itself. I think Clarence does a better job of being a grounded show about oddball kids getting into situations/adventures, though even that show doesn't appeal to me all that much.

Compare to Gumball, which is very similar in nature, but derives a ton of its humor from going those extra miles and having a universe that isn't so grounded. I just like that kind of show more when it's willing to break the rules a bit, though I understand why someone might like something that hits closer to home.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.