[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>True character is revealed in the choices a human being makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: supermanzod-157133[1].jpg (64KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
supermanzod-157133[1].jpg
64KB, 655x380px
>True character is revealed in the choices a human being makes under pressure – the greater the pressure, the deeper the revelation, the truer the choice to the character's essential nature.
>Robert McKee, Story

What does /co/ think about the choice Superman made? What did it reveal about his essential nature?
>>
>>92071959
Its very stupid that this movie almost went against every basic idea that Robert McKee defends.

Like making a woobie all powerful faggot as protagonist, whose problems derivate all from him.
>>
Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. Protecting the defenseless and innocent can mean compromising your own personal morals in the name of the greater good.
>>
>>92071959
>What does /co/ think about the choice Superman made? What did it reveal about his essential nature?
That he's a man who decides to make tough choices and compromise his values. Which would not be entirely bad if his movie hadn't set him up as someone who should rise above the limitations of mankind, someone we should aspire to be.
When the going got tough, MoS Clark acted as a man. Not as a Superman.
>>
MoS would have been as an Elseworlds story.
Making this the modern and definitive version of Superman on the big screen & The DC Cinematic Universe was a bad idea.
It would have also been better as a sequel, establishing Superman as a good person who will always try to save everyone would have caused this scene to have a greater impact.
>>
>>92072318
Ayy someone with an opinion that isn't shit. Good on ya
>>
>>92071959

>What does /co/ think about the choice Superman made?

It was the only choice that made sense in that situation the writers contrived to put him in.

>What did it reveal about his essential nature?

That he wound up pretty psychologically fucked due to being raised by the worst version of Pa Kent to exist in any medium.
>>
Pretty based scene, Zod was asking for it
>>
>>92073168
>>92073041
>>92072318
Hello, OP.
>>
>>92071959
it reveals he's an idiot. He'd already tanked Zod's eye beams before. He could just cover his face with his hands. He could gouge Zod's eyes out if need be.
>>
File: im this mad.png (548KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
im this mad.png
548KB, 479x720px
>>>/tv/
>>
>>92074543
How does that stop Zod? Zod still has all of the superhuman might of a Kryptonian and military training on top of it. Being blind can't be that big a hurdle to Zod, after all - look at how quickly he was able to overcome the hyperstimulation of having super-senses.
>>
There is literally nothing left to discuss about this fucking movie. Go bait /tv/ if you want to farm (you)s

sage this shit
>>
>>92072318
>dirtying your hands
>compromising your morals

Sounds like Superman to me
>>
>>92071959
Stone cold killer... he even laughs out loud after killing Zod. I was terrified
>>
>>92071959
It revealed his morals are easily swayed depending on the situation which benefits him most. Fucking path of least resistance
>>
>>92074759
This

Give me a Thor 2 thread on the catalog instead
>>
File: 1492014496632.jpg (34KB, 290x288px) Image search: [Google]
1492014496632.jpg
34KB, 290x288px
>>92071959

>What did it reveal about his essential nature?

Nothing, because the story never follows up on it. Everything past his Khan scream is glorified wrap-up and jokes about how hot he is, and BvS never explores his feeling about killing what could be the only other living member of his race in favor of generic Spider-Man ennui of "The public is mean to me I'm filled with feels my feet hurt I just wanna cry with my girlfriend ;_;" garbage.

It doesn't matter of he killed Zod or not, it doesn't change the narrative or the character beats afterwords in any way whatsoever. More quality storytelling from Goyer and Snyder.
>>
>>92075873
IIRC killing Zod was a punchup Snyder and Goyer added to the script after it was complete. Originally Zod was sucked into the Phantom Zone along with the rest of the Kryptonians.

The reason it feels needless and tacked on is because it literally was.
>>
>>92072318
You aren't fooling anyone Lex, you need to go to back
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.