[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BAD WRITING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: So_Many_Birthdays_062.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
So_Many_Birthdays_062.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why don't the gems know what birthdays are? They never bothered to like look around, and notice a common human pattern of celebration and cake?

So Pearl doesn't know what birthdays are, but she knows what "suburbs" are? ("the suburbs have been around for 60 years" or whatever). What?
Why doesnt Amethyst know? She's not Homeworld cultured to not care about things, and she knows a lot of stuff about humans, but not birthdays?

Who thought this up? It makes sense if the gems arrived a few years ago, but not for thousands of years.
>>
>>92069648
They know what birthdays are, but they choose not to celebrate them because their age is an illusion, you fucking autist.
>>
>>92069648
Why does this shot look better than anything coming out of SU lately?
>>
>>92069735
season 1
>>
Who fucking cares
>>
>>92069706
>their age is an illusion
no, they clearly know how old they are and have referenced their age multiple times. They're just so fucking old that they don't care anymore and a year is just a drop in an ocean at that point
>>
>>92069826
Same thing, you get the idea.
>>
>>92069863
No it's not. You said it was an illusion, which is completely wrong because they actually do have an age. They just don't show it.

It's okay to say you're wrong, anon.
>>
I think they knew what birthday's were, they just had never celebrated them. But I don't know, I never really understood why they played the Crystal Gems up as protectors of humanity when they either seemed indifferent to them or held them in contempt. The only thing that really seems to make the Earth special for them is that it's the planet where they defected: they could have lived on any random rock outside their Homeworld empire, and they've have just as much freedom to be as gay as they wanted.
>>
>>92069900
In this exact episode, Garnet tells Steven "our age is only an illusion", so no, I'm not wrong.
>>
>>92069735
>>92069782

I've been re-watching season 1 again lately and I'll be honest, I didn't expect the contrast to be so smack in the face. But boy is it. Its like reading the published book as opposed to fanfiction of it.
>>
>>92069995
they're probably talking about the age that they project outwards
>>
>>92069969
> But I don't know, I never really understood why they played the Crystal Gems up as protectors of humanity when they either seemed indifferent to them or held them in contempt.

Because a major theme of the show is that the Crystal gems don't actually care about the Earth, they cared about Rose.

Pearl would have followed Rose into hell. She defended the Earth because that's what Rose wanted. Rose liked humans, but Pearl saw them as inconsequential at best or competition for Rose's attention at worst.

Garnet only joined the rebellion because Garnet can't exist in Homeworld. That sort of fusion is taboo. She might have followed Rose's ideals in some part, but the fact that she is allowed to be a fusion of two different gems on Rose's world is more important than anything else.

Amythest is the closest to actually treating humans like people, largely because she has never known anything else. Her motivation can basically be summed up as 'I live here!', and fighting is fun so why not? But even Amythest shows that she does shit that puts humans through physical or emotional trauma just for laughs, and she doesn't really get why not talking to Olivia for decades at a time would be weird.

Rose was the one that cared about the Earth and the humans on it. And Rose is gone. The rest of the gems are just sort of going through the motions, because to them its basically just happened yesterday.
>>
****IMPORTANT NOTICE****

This show's target audience is composed of kids and young teens. Therefore story logic isn't as important as base entertainment value.
>>
>>92071703
but this show isn't entertaining
>>
>>92071863
are you a masochist or an idiot?
>>
>>92070280
Can't they just leave and find another non-homeworld occupied planet or exoplanet or moon to inhabit?
>>
>>92071703
"It's for kids" is a shit excuse for something being objectively bad.

>>92071933
Why would they?
>>
>>92071933
Yep but they don't have the technological knowledge to create something to get off the planet.

Wait Peridot? No no she way too busy being irrelevant in a barn to use her character trait of being a Homeworld engineer to to influence the plot.
>>
>>92072966
Pearl built a spaceship using the junk she found in the barn. They're completely capable of leaving if they wished.
>>
>>92072657
If you don't care enough about the stuff on the planet to the point where you'd find it a nuisance why would you stay and not leave to a less annoying planet especially if the person you've been fighting for is no more?
>>
>>92072966
>Wait Peridot? No no she way too busy being irrelevant in a barn to use her character trait of being a Homeworld engineer to to influence the plot.
By the time Peridot was even revealed as a character, none of the Gems had any wish to leave the planet. They do feel responsible for it even in the beginning, just as Rose's legacy rather than on its own merits.
>>
>>92073399
Because they still honor what that person fought for even if they don't really care all that much themselves. Also because they want to be with Steven.
Besides they've gotten used to life on earth.
>>
>>92069648
HINT: It's a running gag that the Gems don't understand human holidays, or the anniversary of events. They're functionally ageless, why would they care for the solar rotations of the current planet they inhabit?
>>
>>92069648
they know what they are you fucking idiot they dont celebrate them
>>
>>92069648
because the show is retarded
>>
File: pearl point.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pearl point.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
>be a 10,000 year old rock
>you were never born. You were harvested from the ground at some point, fully formed.
>your culture is ruthlessly efficient and does not have a concept of celebration

>Meet a human
>Try to make friends
>Oops, it died.
>Their lives are incredibly brief
>Clearly there's no reason to keep track of how long a human has been alive.
>Every human's age is always "about to die."
>One time you saw a bunch of humans celebrating something with triangular hats and cake
>Make a mental note to ask one of these humans about it later
>Too late they all died.

>"HEY IT'S ME STEVEN, LET'S HAVE A BIRTHDAY"
>What the fuck is a birthday.
>>
>>92073796
Because earth is the centre of their life.
And even they should notice the differences between summer and winter and at least acknowledge astronomical happenings like solstices and æquinoctes
>>
File: NICE FORK.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NICE FORK.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>92076203
This shit is the reason why I can't believe the "Crystal" Gems even exist. Humanity is like goldfish compared to them. But Rose loved the idea of them so much she died to spawn one of her own. That's like falling in love with a talking dog because you love dogs soooo much so you shapeshift your body into a dog/human hybrid.
>>
>>92076537
It's confirmed, Rose was a furry.
>>
Do people you don't know just throw parties out in the open where you live?

Where are they supposed to see a birthday party happening? They don't work in an office.
>>
>>92076586
Plus, the Gems spent hundreds of years cooped up in the temple, only leaving to do missions in old ruins and caves and places like that. They never interacted with people until Greg showed up. When would they even have the chance to see a party?
>>
>>92069648
Sugar is a hack.
>>
>>92073796

This is something i don't get, sure they're ageless aliens but why don't they have a concrete concept of time? Becouse i imagine that homeworld has things such as deadlines, if not then how do they even function in any efficient manner? They just say "Do it quick" or "Take your time"? But if they are ageless elves with a "Don't know what time is" retardation then how do they know what's fast or slow? By what metric are they working with?
>>
>>92077138
They do have a concrete concept of time. It's just that 50 years is not considered to be a very long timeframe for them.
>>
>>92077138
We have no idea how HW measures time, but we also won't likely see them use made-up time measurements because that's needlessly confusing to the intended audience.
>>
>>92069706
>Age is an illusion
>Math is made up
How's your first philosophy class going?
>>
>>92077138
humans measure time by the beats of their heart, the breaths they take, how hungry they are and how sleepy they are
things that by and large don't effect gems
>>
The thing that annoyed me about the birthday episode is that Pearl didn't know what a joke was. That just made no goddamn sense. And not knowing what a clown is is weird, since they've been a part of human culture for a really long time. And pearl seemed to not know what schadenfreude was (pie in face) to spite Amethyst clearing being a big fan of laughing at peoples pain
>>
>>92078009
What doth life? Are we just a meaningless stew of cosmic oblivion?
>>
>>92076451
omg it's just a cartoon why do you have to bring up that nerd shit when lgbt issues are more important
>>
>>92078009

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/blogs/physics/2015/04/great-math-mystery/
>>
>>92078219
History is more important then meaningless selfishness, after all, what has the LGBT community done for the betterment of mankind?
Except Sodom and Gomorrah, a reminder to not do that again...
Alas, why do you believe those problems present a higher priority over the very bedrock of mankind?
>>
>>92069648
stop reminding me of better times, anon
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.