[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw the last episode of Samurai Jack makes everyone cry and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 23

File: MGFW.jpg (640KB, 1278x1354px) Image search: [Google]
MGFW.jpg
640KB, 1278x1354px
>mfw the last episode of Samurai Jack makes everyone cry and all the contrarians get assblasted
>>
post in one of your containment threads
>>
>>92065550
sjw universe fag
>>
>>92065476
I've always believed in Genndy!
>>
>>92065476
>last episode is shit because the expectation of all are too high
>>
>>92065476
he said it was going to be bittersweet

prepare for Ashi being the one who defeats Aku/Jack sacrifices himself for her
>>
>>92066685
GENNDY is a Steven Universe fag.

He even wrotte on their art book praizing the show.
>>
>>92065476
I don't know, the last 3 episodes or so have been pretty disappointing at large.

I hope the season ends with a bang that was as good as its beginning.
>>
>>92065476
>all the contrarians get assblasted
This is going to "happen" anyway since if you say you don't like Ashi you're automatically a scapegoat of
>newfag joining late and didn't watch from the beginning
>never watched it at all and are baiting
>being a contrarian just because
>watching the show and is fine with it but shitposting to stir up trouble
>upset because girl
or anything else that excludes you from being in the average watcher/fan group

Samurai Jack is fucking great and I thought so before it pulled in the new crowd, but if you so much as say the episodes need to stop overfocusing on cute ashi moments you get all the above and then some about being a newfag or something.
>>
>>92068298
Jack is going to kill aku, but he's going to be mortally wounded and die in ashi's arms looking at the sky with a peaceful expression
>>
>>92068540
>overfocusing on cute ashi moments
problem with the show is fucked up pacing and underwhelming story arcs. People acting as if ashi was the cause of this are utter morons
>>
>>92065476
Mark Ruffalo?
>>
>>92068580
The Scotsman greets him in the after life with a hug
>>
>>92068672
>underwhelming story arcs
Agreed here in cases like the ghost samurai, but Ashi having her own secondary arc adds more to the short episode order and her arc mixing in with Jack's messes with the pacing more than if it was just Jack doing his thing. She ruins SOME pacing but not all, unlike what's being said all the time.

If people understood that or at least let the opinions settle there'd be a lot less arguing, but instead we have LITERALLY PERFECT CINNAMON ROLL TOO PURE X3 cute fags and ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY IT'S BAD JESUS FUCK IT'S ALL OVER fags fighting which cancels out a middle ground, where she is a problem at times and acceptable at others. I'm a middle ground guy and if I say anything I'm thrown into the overreacting hate side even if my points are different and not caps locking in massive paragraphs. You simply can't say anything bad about her in any thread. Ever.
>>
>>92068580

Jack will drop the sword in some fashion, Ashi, now being pure of heart will be able to use it, will kill aku, save jack, and go back in time with him to stop aku before it all happens.
>>
>>92068348
He worked on the pilot, didn't he? And he encouraged Sucrose to try to get her own show when she was working for Penn Ward. Why wouldn't he have high hopes for it?
>>
>>92069320
he'll get restrained at one point, then he'll say the 'fight/don't fight' line. My guessing is that if ashi needs to be told to fight she's probably being controlled by aku
>>
YOU FUCKING JEW, JACK BETTER MAKE IT BACK TO THE PAST
>>
Anyone know how long the last ep is gonna be?
>>
>>92069592
He's not going to the past. That'd retcon the entire series and make most to all of the characters cease to exist, which would be some bullshit.
>>
>>92069676
Very rarely done, but split timelines, hence why he'd even bother to beat Aku in the future before going back to the past to do it again
>>
>>92069769
True, but with split timelines, you create a new universe, though. So not only would Jack's actual family be saved, but he would run the risk of failing and creating a universe where Aku reigns supreme forever.
>>
File: 000VRV_Jane_Krakowski_006.jpg (51KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
000VRV_Jane_Krakowski_006.jpg
51KB, 852x480px
>>92065476
just listen to him and try not to love him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVqB3YCYfY
>>
>ep 7 basically told us that the guardian is dead and we wont have our long awaited rematch because "ah shit gotta end it with one season durr"
> ending is so obvious that jack is gonna get captured and killed with ashi taking over his legacy to avoid endless loop or time or paradox (two jacks)
this series used to be mustic but it lost its flair and became too linear. It was better with the episodic approach instead of having a constant continuation. that ruined southpark but I guess thats the trend now
>>
File: Hold still Drumpfkins.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hold still Drumpfkins.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>92069676
>the entire world should remained a devastated ghetto for xeno scum because muh doggo waifu mite die :(
>>
>>92070275
Did that guy end up becoming the happiest gamer in the block?
>>
>>92069320
And then Jack becomes his own grandfather
>>
>>92068540
What you listed are perfectly valid reasons to out a shitposter. The people who say they have valid complaints never actually voice them, they just complain about the way shitposters are treated
>>
File: 1491616184166.jpg (75KB, 1280x988px) Image search: [Google]
1491616184166.jpg
75KB, 1280x988px
>>92070335
>>
>crying over cartoons
I know you samurai jack fags are autistic but please dont lump everyone thinking everyone is as autistic as you
>>
>>92070454
>>>/sug/
>>
>>92070391
>never actually voice them
because when they do they get responded with, by fags like you, "it has to be something "valid" " and no matter what is said it comes down to "not valid!".

Pieces of shit like you say that before any complaints are said so you can shoot it down with "I said it has to have weight on the series" or some other vague shit.

Can't say
anything bad
about ashi
>>
>>92069769
>>92069880
>>92070335
THE ENDING YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU WANTED
>>
File: rule two.gif (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
rule two.gif
22KB, 400x300px
>>92070335
>>
File: tumblr_m2shy4dIV61ru44ono1_500.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2shy4dIV61ru44ono1_500.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>92070275
>samurai jack will end but will be succeeded smaurai aishi
he is lowkey sjw'ing us
>>
>>92070547
You can say whatever the fuck you want about ashi. You're entitled to your own opinions, but that's what they're going to be treated like, it's not the board's fault that they are shit.
>>
>>92070654
True shit is
THICC MOMMA ASHI I WANT HER ASSI
AHEGO DOGGO
ASHI IS PERFECTION
CUTE ASHI PICS
ASHI IS QUEEN OF MY HEAAARRRTTT
THICC PRIESTESS
I WANT ASHI
OMG BEDROOM EYES I WANT HER
CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE
but nah, "Ashi ruining pacing and having too much focus" is where we draw the line, because fuck it
>>
>>92070767
wew lad did you break your keyboard writing all that angery stuff?
>>
Even if the finale is good that doesn't automatically make the season where ashi is shoe-horned in every episode past 3 good.

At this point it might be good but just because he already lowered my standards out of what to expect from him
>>
>>92070818
Caps doesn't always equal angry, same for cussing. Underage retard, oops sorry retard might be rude and make me seem flaming at the keys huh
>>
>>92070335
>>
>>92068888
Digits confirm

but seriously ashifags are on a warpath to do that same steven universe falseflagging bullshit where they can insist haters are worse than lovers, by falseflagging as them for awhile and making bait-tier posts that get taken seriously

I brought SU up not to start SU hate for no reason but because it's the biggest example here
>>
>>92068672
Ashi is the catalyst of most issues though. Pacing is fucked, because they have to dedicate time to her for example.
>>
>>92069676
This is stupid

even if we get together all the people Jack has helped for 50 years that doesn't deny that Aku has been killing and torturing people for thousands of years
>>
>>92070920
maybe ashi haters should start making posts that aren't indistinguishable from bait
>>
I wish the Samurai Jack fanbase on /co/ didn't get so cancerous. First few weeks were great. Then I start seeing a thread or two saying "When will /co/ start hating it?"
Few days later, endless shitposting about how the new Season is terrible. It calms down, there's some legit criticism that follows. But then the guys who like Samurai Jack decide to defend their show at all costs, so they start flinging shit against the guys flinging shit at Samurai Jack.

Fanbases of other shows get annoyed at all the Jack threads, people start making baseless threads like this just pretending like it's the greatest thing ever, others do the exact opposite and say it's ass and Genndy is a hack.
And this isn't even bringing up all the Ashi shitposting.
>>
>>92071032
Maybe you should stop referring to every valid criticism of Ashi as "bait"

If you think S5 is flawless, you are a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1463876187811.jpg (35KB, 283x195px) Image search: [Google]
1463876187811.jpg
35KB, 283x195px
>>92071032
>Ashi is ruining pacing, if they focused on less stuff wouldn't be so condensed in an already short wrap up season (legit)
>ASHI NEEDS TO BE KILLED OFF NOW, SHE'S NOTHING BUT A DUMB MARY SUE FOR THE NEW GENERATION OF FEMALE POWER SHIT, JESUS CHRIST I FUCKING HATE HER (falseflag, taken seriously)
>"literally indistinguishable"
>>
I just really hope that Ashi doesn't become the endgame.
I don't even dislike her but it's outright insolent not to have Jack at least be the one to kill Aku.
>>
>>92071085
It was great in first few weeks, because first three episodes were great. The rest is annoying garbage that divided the fanbase so much.
>>
>>92071085
>if it disagrees it's baseless contrarian criticism

Maybe you should read before acting like people are le mad contrarian boggieman, the first episodes were great, but then it shat the bed.
>>
File: 1492998631434.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1492998631434.gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>92070865
Using shitty insults in retaliation when someone calls you out is getting angry. Maybe this isn't the board for you, anon
>>
>>92071085
>the guys who like Samurai Jack decide to defend their show at all costs
Not saying it isn't the average fan defense completely, but for the most part it's Ashifags defending the waifu because they take shit to heart. Shit on any waifu for being something as pointless as ugly or something meaningful like being an issue to the story and the waifufags defend her because they really want people to share their love for them
>>
>>92071159
>Using shitty insults
When?
>getting called out
great job putting yourself on a pedestal, i mean wow i'm so low in your presence man
>>
>>92071113
Even if you give legit criticism, it's met with idiots who defend ashi at all cost. Its fucking horrible that we can't give criticism to obvious problems because of the sex of a fictional character.
>>
File: 1479295999675.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479295999675.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>92071210
>Even if you give legit criticism
b-but it's not legit, ever! as has been said many times in this thread! it's all buh buh buh baiittt
>>
>>92070017
He's like a child

I love him
>>
>>92071210
what a misogynist uhhh privileged much?
>>
File: 1492207316557.jpg (32KB, 755x621px) Image search: [Google]
1492207316557.jpg
32KB, 755x621px
>>92071238
>>92071281
ASHI IS FINE, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HER, SHE MAKES THE SHOW BETTER IT'S JUST STUPID NECKBEARD VIRGINS WHO HATE SEEING A GIRL DO THINGS

That's not Criticism , its BAIT and you're TROLLING, TRALALALALALAL IM NOT LISTENING
>>
>Ashi fags saying the other guys don't make valid criticism
>Anti Ashi fags reeeeeeee and say they were good boys making good points that got ignored
Both sides are autistic
>>
>>92071210
There's nothing wrong with her. In fact, I like her more every episode.
>>
>>92071302
This went in and out of seeming like bait, caught my eye good post.

>>92071314
>>Anti Ashi fags reeeeeeee and say they were good boys making good points that got ignored
This is true though for some excluding "we da good boys!" bit, and if you agree that the first greentext is autistic (or just true) than you should see that there are glossed over calm non-bait criticisms being ignored because everything is either "genndy is saving western animation" or "the contrarian"

And we're not acting like we're perfect (good boys), just trying to explain that we're not all baitfags, which then in fact gets "stop baiting u autist"

and you can make anything sound bad with enough twisting

>anon on 4chan saying others are autistic when he himself has gone and studied other anon's behavior in a shitpost thread
you're a fucking autist anon! just like that my man!
>>
>>92071097
ashi =/= season 5

>>92071113
Pacing is fucked and yes, ashi's story is partly to blame for this, you saying everyone who thinks she should have less screen time is an anti ashi fag?
What other criticism about her is there that doesn't fall in the second category?
>>
>Jack mentions in Samurai Jack threads: 15%-30%
>Ashi posts in Samurai Jack threads: 70%-85%
>>
>>92071433
>anon called on his autism tries autism judo to accuse others of greater levels of autism
Has autism become a non word for anyone after seeing it used so often, same with cuck
>>
One thing I learned the hard way is any sort of revival or conclusion after a long time is going to be bad.

Also people who wish for Jack to die and for Ashi to kill Aku - what's the fucking point? How can this be a satisfying conclusion in a cartoon named Samurai Jack? It was really a monkey paw's doing this time.
>>
Someone want to go in to how pacing is fucked because I don't really see it, if it's just the fact that there are cutaways to people other than Jack aren't Aku and Scaramouche also fucking the pacing cut aways
>>
File: 1492972773693.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492972773693.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>92071458
>ashi =/= season 5

ASHI IS SEASON 5
The first thing that pops into peoples mind when they think of season 5 is Ashi.

All these threads are about fucking ashi
ashi ashi ashi
In the muck of complaints there are valid criticisms on her character but are IGNORED because her defenders are just as retarded as the people who think ashi being a female is the reason why S5 "sucks"
>>
>>92071538
>Also people who wish for Jack to die and for Ashi to kill Aku
People say this could happen when speculating about the ending, but nobody wants it
>>
File: 1492208922713.jpg (134KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1492208922713.jpg
134KB, 496x496px
>>92071206
>When?
>Underage retard
>fags like you
>Pieces of shit like you

>great job putting yourself on a pedestal
What a nonargument
>>
>>92071458
>you saying everyone who thinks she should have less screen time is an anti ashi fag?
I'm saying that's how Ashifags treat it, not that that is the way it is, dude, and other complaints are whatever anyone else has said, I'm not in that category but I've seen people say her being a sudden introduction, becoming just as important as Jack, and being a huge factor in his journey's endgame in the span of 10 episodes, less since they met/accepted each other after a few passed, is dumb. There's shit complaints and acceptable ones

>>92071534
How, how did you possibly not get I was using an example of word twisting to make a person look bad? Seriously fuck man, I wasn't insulting him there, I was saying with enough cherrypicking the situation and twisting words you can make anything and anyone seem stupid. And yes, Autism here usually glosses over what it actually is, with the occasional getting back on track by saying what they did that synced with autistic symptoms.
>>
>>92071433
No one's saying you can't be the middle ground. But the track record is anyone claiming to have a valid opinion never actually voices it, so they naturally get lumped in with the anti-Ashi autists
>>
>>92071582
This
>>
>>92071651
>how did you possibly not get I was using an example of word twisting to make a person look bad?
That was a joke son, how did you not get that
>>
>>92071608
You h a v e to be underaged or child-minded if you think "fuck i just lost the game" means a guy's mad because he said fuck and it wasn't just yet another word in his vocabulary. That's not a shitty insult even if it was wrong because it's an accurate thing to say if you assume cussing = mad. Same for caps since that was to show the erratic behavior of ashifags.

I called you a p i e c e o f s h i t because you've done nothing but continue to be actually retarded by not thinking at all, then going out of your way to talk down to me as if we're not just the same, human and human.

a shitty insult would be "niggerlips you're a dummy because you can't understand my stance fucking dude eat shit and die, i hate you" or other variations

>>92071684
>No one's saying you can't be the middle ground.
I'm saying a middle ground can't exist with these people because any slight against Ashi, even just a "that line was delivered kinda weird" is thrown into the newfag actually never saw the show reddit contrarian retard pile.

>>92071684
>But the track record is anyone claiming to have a valid opinion never actually voices it
now we're just in circles, there are some said but they get ignored yadda yadda yadda dude
>>
>>92071582
>All these threads are about fucking ashi
People reply to bait threads, I'm shocked to my core. We're all retarded, congratulations on figuring it out.

>valid criticisms
you mean like the totally objective claims that she's badly written/forced/unnecesary and the like?
What real criticisms are being made other than her taking up time (which is more of a storyboarding than a character flaw)?
Her change of mind was too quick? Ashifags agree on this
She's a mary sue because of the battle? this one is bait, or made by people who have never seen genndy's work
What else is there? help me out
>>
>>92071871
>forced
When a character becomes equal to/teetering on more than the main character's importance we've been with for 4 prior seasons just in the span of a few episodes, that makes them forced.
>>
>>92071837
>there are some said but they get ignored
try saying some now, if they're so great
>>
File: 1466832118038.jpg (5KB, 163x207px) Image search: [Google]
1466832118038.jpg
5KB, 163x207px
>>92072025
Read the thread 5 times before asking again.
>>
>>92071972
All deuteragonists confirmed for forced
>>
>>92071972
>equal to/teetering on more than the main character's importance
is this the case? this is still jack's quest, and he's had companions who have helped him and learned from him before, only that was when the show was episodic, are they forced as well? Is the scotman forced, or does he get a pass because we liek him?
>>
>>92071837
Is there a particular reason you're spacing these words out? Also, not a single example I gave had the word 'fuck' in it, so I don't know what you're on about

>you've done nothing but continue to be actually retarded by not thinking at all
This is horrible phrasing, anon. It's hard to take seriously

>going out of your way to talk down to me as if we're not just the same, human and human

Nigga what? This started by disagreeing that you "valid complaint" posters actually HAD a valid complaint to voice. How is that looking down on someone?
>>
>>92072043
went over it 47 times (I'm a speed reading champion) but I didn't find any, just many claims of how they are totally real, but get ignored every time.
Maybe we have different understandings of what constitutes a legitimate criticism, can you link me to what you believe is one?
>>
god damn it all of this could have been avoided had genndy hid his powerlevel in his cock and just kept ashi out of it

minimum waifufags, just talking about waitress girl from the pilot and other bg characters and Ikra
if the pacing was fucked up it either be on the hands of the writers, it's execution at it's core plot, or the 10 episode limit, not a new secondary main character
less waifubait less time wasted
more time on Jack and we'd probably already further in the narrative or have more focus on previous ones like getting the sword, either way a win instead of multiple stand still episodes due to ashi
>>
>>92072126
Scotsman didn't overstay his welcome
but most of all Is a strong-enough character to stand on his own.

Without Jack, Ashi is simply not there. Her entire world is Jack, her sole purpose is Jack. She has absolutely no character. This point alone already makes Scotsman a superior character. She's the literal definition of a satellite character.
>>
>>92068580
>The minute Aku is kill Jack begins to age rapidly to old man status, dying of natural causes

Like that one Cowboy Bebop episode.
>>
>>92068888
>You simply can't say anything bad about her in any thread. Ever.
Stop acting like you are a victim. Ashi hate threads pop up by the dozen every time an episode ends and they are always the same shit everyone is tired of dealing with.
I agree it's getting ridiculous from both sides of the argument but if you seriously think "You simply can't say anything bad about her in any thread ever" you are delusional.
>>
>>92065476
>MGFW
>not DA SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS
>>
File: Lava-13.jpg (65KB, 615x460px) Image search: [Google]
Lava-13.jpg
65KB, 615x460px
>>92072406
>>
File: 1478708628013.gif (2MB, 265x244px) Image search: [Google]
1478708628013.gif
2MB, 265x244px
>>92072196
Actual pacing issues that have been ignored/defended to hell and back, rushing the story because we had episodes of just bringing Ashi up to code on what's happening meaning we had less in this 10 episode season to do literally anything else involving Jack's quest coming to a head.

Embarrassing moments that don't necessarily ruin the series or it's episode, but are still unneeded and/or could've been executed better, such as YOU WORTHLESS SCUM UAGHHH generic redemption stuff, including the thing we all know with the minion starting to think about the other side just a bit and getting instantly told off by their leader in an unreal way to push it home (I want answers NO YOU'VE FAILED YOU WERE THE WEAKEST LINK YOU'RE INSTANTLY DISOWNED instead of salvaging the minion and continuing to lie or SOMETHING legit) and 2 powerlevel pick ups after being insulted by the men characters in two different episodes, like yea maybe she can get out of the chains, but in the 2nd one where she takes an army on herself, bigger than the land that can be seen, without a scratch?

They even gave her a sidestory in the 2nd most important episode of the season with Jack getting his sword back, and split that time in half that could've been focusing on such an important thing with her just fighting off an army that somehow found him, same as the mother, just to give her something to do because having her "wait over here" is impossible, even just after an episode about her.

there's a start, we'll see what you say before i keep pushing myself to caps out the 4chan post limit for nothing, reminder I'm not fighting with you i'm giving examples, also what I said doesn't stand for every non-bait ashi criticizer, I might've worded things differently than a better explaining person would have, but it touches on the subjects at least
>>
>>92072407
>Ashi hate threads pop up by the dozen every time an episode ends and they are always the same shit everyone is tired of dealing with.
and you didn't think, once, at all, that wasn't the falseflagging shit they have been proven to do time and time again?
>>
>>92072704
If you mean that Ashifags make shitty hate threads just to prove their point and secure themselves from any criticism, then yes.
>>
>>92070913
more like
>Tom and all the other Toms spam posts wishing death on a character others like while calling anyone who disagrees with them retards.
>>
>>92072330
>Scotsman didn't overstay his welcome
Neither has ashi :^)

>She's the literal definition of a satellite characte
Wasn't she "equal to/teetering on more than the main character's importance"?
Anyway, we've seen her history, what made her different, her clashing with jack and her change of mind. What else do you want to make her a character?

Of course she's not perfect, she got over her conflict way too hard, she should have been more afraid of her mother and her being raised in a cult of aku should show a little more. Also, what she said about her sisters makes sense, but I still wish she had felt their loss a little more?
Mind you, I have NEVER seen an antijashifag use these
>>
Lets hope the last 2 episodes are good so when some ask if he should watch it to tell him just to skip the disaster that is the middle.
>>
>>92072774
That's the falseflagging shit aside from retard calling which everyone on any side does. Don't be a retard
>>
File: 1490019015736.gif (2MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1490019015736.gif
2MB, 200x180px
>>92072789
>ashi didn't overstay her welcome

Neither did her sisters and you don't see anyone bitching about them.
>>
>>92072704
>proven
gotta need some proof of that
>>
File: 1493527564321.png (1MB, 2720x2339px) Image search: [Google]
1493527564321.png
1MB, 2720x2339px
>>92072857
I think they UNDERstaid their welcome
>>
>>92065476
>tfw the show has a few more episodes left and is now going to be predictable

>jack gets sword back
>heads to aku
>scaramouche tells aku jack doesnt have his sword
>aku realizes this and goes to kill jack
>aku appears infront of him
>jack suprises aku with the sword
>aku decides its not or never
>jack cuts down aku
nothing changes due to aku's death in the future and jack realizes that even though he can never return to the past, the future can still strive with him there for the time being
>>
>>92065476
>mfw the last episode is so shitty even mindless drones get disappointed

can't wait for the tears
>>
File: 1493448733110.png (59KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493448733110.png
59KB, 600x800px
>>92072943
LMAO
>>
>>92072789
>Wasn't she "equal to/teetering on more than the main character's importance"?
That wasn't me, missed your response but found it following the chain. Here's my reply

She's equal to, or more, of Jack's importance because the plot keeps progressing around her, and we're already getting confirmation that in a future episode she has a secret that's SO BIG AND SHOCKING that it brings Aku's attention and it puts her in danger and that's a big factor in Jack's fight, and also that Jack gets trapped/restrained and has to beg her to fight because he can't, reputting her back in such a big importance of a role. Not saying he's saying she needs to make the final blow, most likely just the "keep attacking him until I'm free to also fight" thing that happens all the time, but he's still restrained and tasking her with doing the big deal
>>
File: suicide jack.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
suicide jack.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>92072656
Not him but I'll reply
>2 powerlevel pick ups after being insulted by the men characters in two different episodes, like yea maybe she can get out of the chains, but in the 2nd one where she takes an army on herself, bigger than the land that can be seen, without a scratch?
Honestly the army scene was actually pretty necessary and consistent with the rules of the show.
Characters taking on armies barehanded is nothing new to Samurai Jack. Jack did it in virtually every episode of the original even without his sword. The Scotsman and his wife did it. Those three archers did it. I'm sure there are other examples but you get the gist of it. Taking on armies is nothing new for the show, that's just how it rolls.
And this has been pretty much Ashi's only actual fight in the whole season. From Episodes 1-3 she was just a Daughter of Aku, and you know how that Ninja law goes. She spent Episode 4 tied up and humiliated. Then she had one very minor fight with the robot guy in Episode 5. She spent most of Episode 6 just walking around, and at the end she got beat up by the Omen.

If she didn't have at least one scene where she shows herself able to take on an army barehanded, people would complain that she is nowhere near Jack's level and is a liability at best. And they would be right.
The show needs to establish that she is not just there because she is a young companion who can pull the jaded MC from dispair, she's also there because she can kick ass. She is obviously not as strong as Jack nor is the show trying to convince you of this, but she has to at least show some form of strength.

>even just after an episode about her.
But that episode wasn't even all about her, and most of it was spent in those necessary cameos.
>>
>>92072841
I'm just saying the picture implied "Tom" was completely innocent in the name calling game, and is thus in the right.
>>
>>92072885
why, so you can just retort "how does that prove it do you know them specifically in real life?" that must be what you're waiting for if you can't see the obvious right in front of you and want me to misstep during discussion so you can fuck me over right?

There's a falseflag hatebase to make the real hatebase look worse than they are for everything, check the archives for times when MARY SUE GOD DAMN IT posts were pointed out as falseflags with the OP saying it was but they had some goal behind it and that makes it ok

happens with SU too, mainly with jesus christ he's so fat and bad character sizes just to give it attention and make anyone who does say that seem like that butthurt anon who made a thread last week going into autistic detail
>>
>>92073060
>this has been pretty much Ashi's only actual fight in the whole season
bigger issue that it made her completely untouchable mixed with dumbass "whot ya gonna do pretty girl?" "KICK YOUR ASS" tier fighting talk
>>
>>92072656
>pacing
everyone agrees on this, ashi simultaneously causes and is affected by it

>tara strong botched a line
agreed, also "I'm going to stop you" was corny as fuck, still a good voice job overall, though that's subjective

>generic redemption stuff
what's wrong with it?

Now, I'm going to agree her redemption and her encounter with her mother happened too fast, that's what I meant when I said the pacing issues affected her as well

>she takes an army on herself
1 badass vs army of scrubs is nothing new in genndy's work

>her past in ch7 was too long
Completely agree, I don't think it was bad, but jack's story should have taken precedence
>>
>>92073158
>everyone agrees on this
They seriously don't because I've gotten 5+ replies before that pacing is just a buzzword and that everything is fine and i need to stop hating ashi to be a contrarian
>>
>>92073188
>arguing with redditards and tumblrinas

They dont even know what the pacing really is, they are just happy that there is a pretty woman in their show and all is cute and fluffy and hella epic. Samurai Jack fiasco made me realize /co/ is truly the worst board to discuss anything.
>>
>>92073188
That's how you now you're being baited mane, pacing is the ONE thing everyone can agree is wrong this season, even more so after last chapter
>>
>>92073109
Ok, anon, no proof is necessary. I choose to believe your claims because I trust and respect you.
>>
>>92073158
>everyone agrees on this, ashi simultaneously causes and is affected by it
hahaha, no they don't and no she isn't! not ever!

>>generic redemption stuff
>what's wrong with it?
The fact they're doing this in the grand finale episodes and treating it just as important as Jack's stuff while wasting time with her constantly swaying between her by the numbers shit and what we've been waiting for since over 10 years ago/the whole series, not to mention it just isn't fun to watch unless you like her character specifically, and all she has going for her is being sooo cute

>1 badass vs army of scrubs is nothing new in genndy's work
yes, but we didn't need a second main character instantly the same as Jack who we saw train and build strength over the seasons compared to 3-4 things we saw with her being crunched by stick on her fingers and fighting once with their leaders. she instantly was written better than those dumb scrubs just to prove how great she is when we don't need it anyway

She's a very controversial character outside of the GENNDY SAVING WESTERN ANIMATION and waifufags club, not that she ruins everything but again, can't say much bad about her without an entire thread such as this happening
>>
>>92073154
>dumbass "whot ya gonna do pretty girl?" "KICK YOUR ASS" tier fighting talk
I'm really not gonna disagree on that one but I think it's not something to hold up as a criticism of the show. It's just a dumb line.

>it made her untouchable
As I explained before: she spend Episodes 3 and 4 getting beaten and humiliated, in Episode 5 she had that long drawn out torture scene, and in Episode 6 she was being slapped around by the Omen like a ragdoll.
She is clearly not "untouchable".

And about the "without a scratch" thing you complained about earlier:
She collapsed from exaustion and suffered injuries in the battle with her mother. And it's pretty clear that those orc guys are just a bunch of scrubs who wouldn't do anything to Jack either.
And plus she's wearing leaves as an outfit and I don't think Genndy wanted to have her be naked again, so she can't take that battle "damage" Jack takes.
>>
>>92073300
>I trust and respect you.
You just have to have used 4chan or the internet longer than a day to see people making caricatures of the people they don't like and making it seem serious so they get the backlash.

Seriously man it's internet 101 and you don't have to trust me on that, it's deadset internet trolling used as a weapon to make your point stronger and theirs lower.
>>
>>92073373
I can't think of the narrative term or the right words, but it's sort of like sympathetic or something related.

They did that stuff to make us care about her situation and make it a big deal personally suffering wise, which is why in both instances we had guys telling her she was dumb and pathetic and just a girl, just to be instantly trashed. It's a personal thing not just a good fighter thing

I fucked up what I'm trying to say but might as well post
>>
>>92073327
>hahaha, no they don't
can't really argue on this, since it's my anecdotal evidence vs your anecdtoal evidence

>no she isn't
said how she is in the post you replied to, you going to adress that?

>The fact they're doing this in the grand finale episodes and treating it just as important as Jack's stuff while wasting time with her constantly swaying between her by the numbers shit and what we've been waiting for since over 10 years ago/the whole series, not to mention it just isn't fun to watch unless you like her character specifically, and all she has going for her is being sooo cute
is there anything to this point other than some people not liking it?

>instantly the same as Jack who we saw train and build strength over the seasons compared to 3-4 things we saw with her being crunched by stick on her fingers and fighting once with their leaders
This is bait, she's been shown training her entire life and still being inferior to jack, people won't take you seriously if your points look like bait

>She's a very controversial character outside of the GENNDY SAVING WESTERN ANIMATION and waifufags club
you mean outside /co/? And what does this have to do with anything
>>
>>92073466
I understand what you are trying to say which is why I disagree with it.
You seem to think they are pulling the whole "GASP A GIRL CAN FIGHT" thing which is so predictably annoying. But that's not really what they are doing. Ashi's gender is pretty inconsequential to who she is as a character.
The first situation, which is when she was trapped by the robot guy, she got upset personally but it wasn't about her being told she was dumb and pathetic and a girl. I rewatched that episode recently and she only gains the strength to break free when she sees Jack is in danger and the guy tells her about how he was brainwashing the kids, which is a obvious parallel to what happened to her.
And with the orc guys the show really doesn't make a big deal out of it, it's just about them being dumb brutes about to get their asses kicked for underestimating her because they expected the legendary Samurai Jack and instead they got Chinkerbell.
>>
>>92070335
>filename
Sides in orbit
>>
>>92073572
>your anecdtoal evidence
except there's hundreds of posts that ashi isn't messing up the pacing and some just saying it's mean ol' adult swim's fault for giving 10 episodes even though that's what Genndy asked for, her defended

>said how she is in the post you replied to, you going to adress that?
I was, in that line, mocking the ashifags saying she's perfect, hence the !!! stuff for vibes, i agreed

>is there anything to this point other than some people not liking it?
You lost me, we are discussing what makes people not like her right? We have this big story for 5 seasons and on the 5th one we need to care about this girl's sudden importance that just follows by the book redemption arc stuff while being annoying (purposefully, during the beginning, being desperate and grating as a part of the redemption arc that usually always does that) and then she's being pushed as the new main character as equal as the one we've had since the beginning in like 4 episodes, all when they're finally getting down to the big ending, which equals bad pacing but also a huge waste of time because we've seen this before and it's not changing the cliche at all and they haven't attempted to make her likeable that much, so we're just kinda watching her do this thing while taking focus away from the main series finale arc and having the main take a backseat at times.

>This is bait,
it ain't, don't do this man im being serious and you could've just asked me to elaborate on my view like you have been

>she's been shown training her entire life
her training is very drastically different in comparison to his, either rushed or just in execution, he trained around the world in various marital arts with many different tribes and what we saw of her was fight stance pose training, getting her hand crunched by a stick, and fighting the same type of person over and over by climbing up and doing generic kick attack stuff rather than various, world wide learned arts

post too long
>>
>>92073572
>and still being inferior to jack
that was the predictable while she's down part of the redemption arc giving her room to see what Jack's like when not fighting, after her redemption arc she ends up doing just as much as him, we'll never see them fight again and the only reason she lost prior was him getting a sneak attack on her first and then it led to what we got

>you mean outside /co/? And what does this have to do with anything
I was wrapping it up with my view, not necessarily aimed at you or your views, just my post and my side of things, so basically nothing here
>>
>>92073632
>Ashi's gender is pretty inconsequential to who she is as a character.
Because when I think of the times she fought 2 ugly sexist men (not buzzwording, they were drawn hideous with pimples and the like and kept talking about her being female as to why she couldn't fight them) I forget the times when she was instigated by the 2 ugly sexist men because of her gender, both times and those being the only 2 times she's fought others aside from Jack and her mom which are plot elements and not extra padding for the episode.
>>
>>92073632
Eh, it's more because having a strong female character is hard to manage in this day and age without giving off that shitty "she IS female by the way" vibe, but I'm more referring to the "that poor girl being taunted" angle that they VERY underliningly have, but that's mainly the two episodes where she was being taunted by the guys for being a girl. Just saying this based on what you brought up, but that's a different issue of mine that isn't that big

The thing I was referring to was how we're supposed to feel sorry for her, regardless of gender, because of her sad backstory and desperate attempts to win and that's why they have her being in bad situations but then coming out on top in others
>>
>>92073887
m8, you're saying she's bad because some people don't like her or what's being done with her, I could say the exact opposite and it wouldn't mean shit

>it ain't
so you mean it? you actually think
>her training is very drastically different in comparison to his, either rushed or just in execution, he trained around the world in various marital arts with many different tribes and what we saw of her was fight stance pose training, getting her hand crunched by a stick, and fighting the same type of person over and over by climbing up and doing generic kick attack stuff rather than various, world wide learned arts
I honestly would have said this was a falseflagging ashifag, did you seriously not get that her life of training was presented as a series of flashbacks detailing important moments?

>>92074015
> just as much as him
the orcs were scrubs, you're implying jack wouldn't be able to beat them just as easy?

>the only reason she lost prior was him getting a sneak attack on her first and then it led to what we got
What? are you talking about jack or the pervert on chapter 5? You do remember how her fight with jack went, right?
>>
>>92074155
Jack's got over 50 years of experience on her ass, but she still made the whole thing difficult on him. Her sisters made it difficult on him too. It didn't really sound like her heart was in this either.
>>
what's one thing ashi brought to the series that isn't exchangeable

she made him remember the people he saved and that's what made him want to live? he could've remembered that in the 50 fucking years he's been doing it at any time but they had her be the voice of obvious reason, he just saved people at the start of the season
>>
>>92065476
>and all the contrarians get assblasted
Well that's a given, EVERY episodes assblast contrarians.
>>
>>92074225
The daughters were a match for jack because they outnumbered him, caught him by surprise and when he was out of focus.
Once he got his shit together and picked some of them off taking out the rest was easy. When ashi tried to take him on her own he had her dangling of a tree in less than a minute, TWICE.
>>
>>92074277
>what's one thing ashi brought to the series that isn't exchangeable
An heir
>>
File: 13c286c35c-1486378844980.png (512KB, 657x654px) Image search: [Google]
13c286c35c-1486378844980.png
512KB, 657x654px
>>92074340
>>
>>92074084
>kept talking about her being female as to why she couldn't fight them
But that's not what they did at all, they just talked shit to Ashi because they are evil jackasses.
>fought 2 ugly sexist men (not buzzwording, they were drawn hideous with pimples and the like and)
So because they are drawn to be ugly and they oppose a female character they have to be a sexist caricature ?
Anon, no offense, but I think you are looking for something that isn't there.

>>92074155
>mainly the two episodes where she was being taunted by the guys for being a girl
Again I repeat this: it's not because she was a girl. This isn't one of those "and everybody clapped" feminist revenge fantasies. It's basic writing.
A human character put in a position of peril is mocked by a inhuman enemy. I shouldn't have to explain this. Hell, in the 2nd situation it wasn't even peril, it was just "hey look at how dumb these mooks are for mocking the person about to kill them"
You complain about feminists making everything about gender but then you make assumptions that other people are doing it too.

>having a strong female character is hard to manage in this day and age without giving off that shitty "she IS female by the way" vibe
I agree, I criticize this shit all the time.
But this isn't the case with Ashi. Samurai Jack hardly ever tries to tackle anything related to prejudice because 90% of the characters aren't even human.
The only time this has happened with the show was in the Bounty Hunters episode where Boris refused to listen to the Princess and he specifically said it was because she was a woman. And this isn't meant to make her more sympathetic, it's just to show that Boris is a big dumb idiot even compared to the other idiot bounty hunters.
>>
>>92070275
> jack is gonna get captured and killed with ashi taking over his legacy

There's absolutely no evidence that this is going to happen, and it's implausible as hell.
>>
>>92074084
the only "sexist" thing the orc guy did was calling her a little thing, and he laughed at the notion of her being able to stop the entire army on her own, people have laughed at jack for similar motives. Plus, he only started trash talking her when she got in his way.

As for the other dude, I wouldn't call that scene a GURL POWER scenario.
>>
>>92074614
what about the other guy squishing her face and calling her pretty and demeaning her? then she breaks out all epic and great and goes RAAA dumbly
>>
>>92074739
Maybe it's just my opinion, but female empowerment scenes tend to not be so sexualized. Also she didn't get out to prove him that girls can be tough to and punish him for being mean, she did it to stop being tortured and jack from being eaten by mind controlled kids
>>
>>92068298
How do you know? Ate you Genndy's sex slave?Are you from the future and now back to the past. Or maybe SUIDF is spewing out another dumb meme.
Not an argument.
>>
>>92074929
>tend to not be so sexualized
unless they want to make her fighting and winning all the more empowering
>>
I'm just going to cry because it's over
>>
>Ashi dies in Jack's arms
>Jack kills Aku, or is about to do so, but Aku sends him back in time at s01e01
>The whole series is a loop and Jack sees Ashi dying everytime
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.