[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't listen to any of those twitter and forum complaints.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 28

File: Rich Spencer.jpg (337KB, 600x2396px) Image search: [Google]
Rich Spencer.jpg
337KB, 600x2396px
>Don't listen to any of those twitter and forum complaints.
>FAKE NEWS!
>SAD!
>We had a huge crowd at the con for our Secret Empire talk.
>HUGE
>We're getting great reviews.
>Everyone loves Secret Empire.
>Believe me!
>>
>twitter bait thread
Neck yourself OP
>>
>>92064639
Go to bed, Nick
>>
>>92064596
Marvel is garbage.
>>
>>92064596
oh wow it's almost as good as America
>>
>>92064596
>this desperation
Lieber, why do you even talk to this loser?
>>
WON'T YOU STEP BACK FROM THAT LEDGE MY FRIEND
>>
File: 1476912710234.jpg (61KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1476912710234.jpg
61KB, 540x429px
>>92064596
>implying critical success matters in a world where Mockingbird was named for 2 Eisners
>>
I just looked at King and Williamson's twitters and they're both pretty chill. The desperation on Spencer's feed is palpable.
>>
>>92064596
>that is exactly how some (most?) of the best stories work, yes.
well it's nice to know he's still being humble about all of this
>>
File: IMG_2804.jpg (317KB, 600x1492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2804.jpg
317KB, 600x1492px
At least we got some good reaction images out of it.
>>
>>92065813
edit it to board and you've got meme potential on your hands
>>
>>92065866
Already on it.
>>
File: GIJAMOT.png (20KB, 772x271px) Image search: [Google]
GIJAMOT.png
20KB, 772x271px
>>92064596
It's funny how a man that hates Trump with all his bones acts just like him.

Also, comic "reviewers" are garbage.
>>
>>
>>92065939
I just feel really indifferent about this event, but I am getting amused by the shitshow going on about the comic.
>>
>>92066057
top tier
>>
>>92066077
I liked the lead up. The event so far is fine, nothing special but better than most Marvel events. The shitshow around it is hilarious though.
>>
there was plenty of copies left on my LCS' shelf

anecdotal evidence I know.
>>
is this the "captain america is now a nazi" comic

what retard thought that that'd be well received
>>
>>92066239
Tom "Our Comics Sell Better When Our Readers Are Angry" Brevoort and Nick "I Can Only Write Dramatic Stories If There's Clickbait" Spencer
>>
>it's another Marvel event where writer and editors pull out the most outrageous shit out of the ass to grab the easy butthurt crash and everything will be back to normal within months
Thanks for telling us Spencer. But if you really lack the self awareness to realize why people have come to hate these kind of stories, maybe you should start looking inward instead of expecting your audience to have their introspection dilemma over the capeshit you and Marvel are providing.

What Spencer doesn't understand is people would have hated this high stakes/shock them all with the power of shock factor/Marvel universe will never be the same again/lol just kidding regardless. And that's not the fault of the readers here, that's the fault of Marvel using same trick again and again for more than a decade and expecting the audience to be blind fools and throw money/praises at them. Even the casuals are sick of this bullshit.
>>
File: Damage Control.png (26KB, 578x234px) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control.png
26KB, 578x234px
>>92064596
>ALL REPUBLICANS ARE WHITE NAZI DEVILS
>Why you calling me Nazi stahp :(
>>
god i hate marvel
>>
>>92066163
Yeah I mean I can say that this is better than all of Bendis' events and also better than things like AvX or Original Sin, but I think that's not saying much.

I read through it and I don't feel like reading through it again like I did with the first issue of Millar's Civil War (which had its own problems but knew how to pace itself).

Everything around it is funny though.

-Brevoort making the comment that they sell books when the fans are angry years ago, but then is editing Civil War 2 and Hydra Cap which got fans mad... but didn't raise sales enough.
-Most of the fans being angry about this are the ones who don't know much about comics, which ironically is the audience that Marvel tried to abandon their core audience in favor of.
-Spencer getting so rustled over the reception Hydra Cap got that he defended it by saying if his book is still the same sales level then nothing happened to it (this sounds good for a regular ongoing, but not for something that's been hyped up in the media), or going on the attack against DC, or some other thing that makes me think he really shouldn't be tweeting a lot.
-Marvel trying really hard to claim Hydra isn't Nazis while doing things in comics the last year to now that make Hydra look like Nazis.
-Retailers getting told to promote Secret Empire by wearing Hydra t-shirts.

And some other stuff.
>>
>>92064596
So is the Secret empire issue out?
>>
>>92066610
yup, storytime should be in the archive
>>
Guy's gonna give himself a hermia if he stays on twitter
>>
>>92066630
Thx, missed that one.
>>
File: 1493754275705.jpg (2MB, 3162x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1493754275705.jpg
2MB, 3162x3600px
>>
>>92065939
>>92064596
Am I the only one that thinks reviewing single issue that art a part of a story arc really fucking dumb?
>>
>>92067511

Yea, it's pretty fucking stupid. I feel the same about people reviewing shows episode-by-episode too.
>>
>>92064596
He's not wrong though, that first issue today was pretty goddamn good.
>>
>>92067591
No it wasn't. It was better than most Marvel events in the last 10 years, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>92067627
Oh I'm sorry, I forget that we here at /co/ are a hivemind and cannot think for ourselves.
>>
>>92067666
saying it was good is following the hivemind in this instance
>>
>>92067732
Really? You wouldn't think so by reading this thread and a majority of other threads. The only time I've seen Secret Empire posted about in a positive light was during the actual storytime. Odd.
>>
>>92067788
>You wouldn't think so by reading this thread and a majority of other threads.

I've read a majority of other threads on here. I see a lot of positive comments for it even while thinking Spencer's acting like an idiot on Twitter. Outside of /co/ the general responses are negative toward it while most of the reviewers seem positive about it.
>>
File: mgs2_create_context.gif (19KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
mgs2_create_context.gif
19KB, 300x195px
It's the highest rated and best selling comic ever.
>>
>>92064596
I still wanna see Hydra Cap fuck America Chavez.
>>
>>92066077
Yeah, I'm in it for the shitshow, now. I love a dumpster fire.
>>
>>92067826
I don't really use twitter posts from creators to decide if I like a comic or not, issue 1 of SE was good enough to make me eager to read issue and advance along the story. As for the response from people outside of /co/, I assume most of them (as I assume at least 50% of /co/) just doesn't read comics and have been getting their information from memes and movies. For me, personally, I haven't enjoyed an event as much since I was reading Avengers Standoff. I'm just hoping that the comic stays as good as the first issue was.
>>
>>92067627
It was great compared to most of the shit Marvel spews. That's a big win for them considering everyone was expecting this to be pure garbage.
>>
>>92067928
I eagerly look forward to when sales numbers come out and it fails to surpass Death of Captain America
>>
>>92064596
>this embarassing display for validation
putting Superior Foes rips on an old psp memory stick just so i can burn it
>>
>>92066239
He's been a Nazi for over a year now, this is just him outing himself diagetically.
>>
>>92067511
Yeah. Most comics or at least most modern cape comics usually seem to take about 5 or so issues to hit their stride.
Event comics are a bit more tricky though, since they're usually a ten or so issue mini, so you don't have as long to work out how you feel about it.
>>
>>92064596
Must be selling badly for him to be this defensive.
>>
>>92068660
It's hard to say because sales on #0 and 1 would be heavily boosted because they're events.
>>
>>92068660
The Bestseller List, which surveys retailers on actual customer sales, had SE #0 behind Batman, All-Star Batman and Superman. I've seen multiple retailers tweet out that their The Button issues are either sold out today or will likely sell out tomorrow. I'm guessing that the Batman/Flash crossover is going to destroy SE even with gimmicks like the Funko box shipping.
>>
>>92066057
Great job!
>>
>>92066077
Pretty much. This monster of people complaining is a monster Marvel themselves made and it's funny watching Marvel get attacked.
>>
>>92064596
>thinking high praise from trash rags proves anything
>thinking this when AMERICA CHAVEZ got rave reviews and is a POS
>thinking 23 issues of subpar medicore writing and left wing propoganda is genius if the ending is good
GG Spence
>>
File: Spencer Twitter.png (3KB, 364x56px) Image search: [Google]
Spencer Twitter.png
3KB, 364x56px
>>92064596
>People are so mean.
>Twitter is very fucking bad.
>31K tweets
Riiiight...
>>
I don't understand the hate this is getting. Cap being Hydra seems like a fun story.
>>
>>92064596
why don't you retweet this one Nick?

calm blood oozing report /2017/05/03/beautiful-garbage-fire-secret-empire-1-review/
>>
>>92064596
>Americans keep getting crazier and dumber

Didn't think I'd actually live to see the US end itself in my time.
>>
>>92067511
That's like saying it's dumb to review wheels for a car because you won't do anything without the rest of the car. So long as you review it as a start, nothing wrong with that. A beginning needs to be able to function as a good introduction no matter what happens later in the story. If it can't deliver on communicating the premise and setting up characters and plot hooks, it's not a good beginning no matter what comes next. So no, you're just really fucking dumb.
>>
>>92070904
Your analogy is fucking stupid and doesn't work. Kys
>>
>it's yet another event with a time skip where the heroes lost
>it's yet another event with heroes vs heroes
>it's yet another event with Tony vs Steve
>it's yet another event with the moral compass switched for certain characters

How some people on /co/ were hyped for this I have no fucking idea.
>>
>>92070389
>seems
Have you read it?
>>
>>92071051
>Casuals and tumblr dislike it.
>I, therefore, shall love it

Hydra!Cap isn't better than Remender's Cap. I would say it is worse, even. But since tumblr went REEEEEEE, /co/ chose to treat it like the pinnacle of capecomics.

It is pretty fucking ridiculous.
>>
This entire event is going to get retconned right after the event ends.

This is just "how can fuck everything up so bad to justify rebooting the universe through some magic cube shit".

This shit is just as deep and impactful as Marvel Zombies.
>>
>>92071365
>how can fuck everything up so bad to justify rebooting the universe through some magic cube shit
They fucking did that a few events ago (Secret Wars).
>>
>>92071051
It's sad because I actually like the Hydracap concept.

Then I read the comic.
>that terrible new Iron Patriot
>the main characters are the shitty legacy characters
>Inhuman shilling
>Carol

The best parts were Hydracap and his Avengers fucking murdering an alien invader.

Spencer and Marvel are doing a shitty job at promoting the progressive legacy characters. I'd rather read about the """Nazi""".
>>
>>92066057
What font is that.

Also what's everyone's major issue with Secret Empire. Keep in mind I have not read it or any tie-up yet is the execution poor or is it the premise.
>>
>>92071365
The story Spencer is trying to tell is just about how casual fascism is and how it corrupts everything but if you dress it up nicely people will fall in line.

AKA Spencer thinks Trump administration is fascist because he's a partisan hack, and that everybody that is going along with the Trump administration isn't bad they just don't know that they are bad.

This shit is so fucking stupid. Spencer is such a partisan hack it's fucking ridiculous. I'm a Liberal, and I'm disgusted by the way the democratic establishment has treated everyone that doesn't agree with them. Spencer is basically a giant voice for the establishment and is using Captain America to go on his soap box and spout partisan hackery.

That's why I'm so happy the normy idiots that don't read comics think that Spencer is against them. Because it's so fucking clear he's on their side they just don't see it because they don't read the comics.

I can't wait till Spencer is fired and subsequently blacklisted because of his twitter fiasco.
>>
>>92071401
Yeah, but they are already thinking of doing a "rebirth event" after this. It's rather clear they are giving Spencer the reigns to fuck everything up as much as possible so they can just magically fix everything.

With Secret wars they weren't ready to admit they needed a Rebirth.
>>
Why won't you MotherFuckers give it a chance!
>>
>>92065596
Spencer knows he has been hung out to dry for this by Marvel.
>>
>>92071547
>The story Spencer is trying to tell is just about how casual fascism is and how it corrupts everything but if you dress it up nicely people will fall in line.
This message really gets lost when Hydra!Cap path to power involved "reality-warping" and "mass mind-manipulation through fluoride in the water". There's nothing casual about it.
>>
>>92071365
>Legacy is going to be more like their New 52
>they still have 5 years to go before they get better
what a wild ride this is going to be
>>
So do we know if the Allies really did use the cosmic cube to fuck with reality and stop Hydra?

If so, I kinda agree that they were the bad guys. Anyone else?

Also, the worst part of Hydra society I've seen so far is people mentioning weakness is bad, but they never seem to follow through and do something about it, so it doesn't seem so bad

Hell, even blacks are in Hydra society and nobody cares, they're not nazis any more
>>
File: 1337704781620.png (121KB, 457x351px) Image search: [Google]
1337704781620.png
121KB, 457x351px
>>92064596
Do we really all just hate Spencer now because he said mean things about DC? Seriously?

He's 100% right here, the internet is overreacting like crazy, obviously none of this is permanent and everything is going to be fixed by the end.

It used to be we'd mock the stupid casuals for not understanding how comics work, but now we're part of the outrage machine?

Fucking pathetic how far we've fallen.
>>
>>92071927
"Hydra" now is just a really vague "we must be strong" philosophy.
>>
>>92071790
>There's nothing casual about it.
Casually fall in line I mean.

But yeah, Spencer is too much of a hack writer to write a story naturally progressing to fascism.
Can write a story progressing Captain America to naturally progress to fascism, kind of like how everyone craves fascism and
Captain America is really just filling a void that was always there.

Now that would actually be dense and have meaning about human psychology.
However, Spencer doesn't understand deep writing so he goes "lol, cosmic cube magic".
It's such poor writing it's frustrating.
>>
>>92071973
Nigga, he's on the same side as the people being triggered over Nazi Cap, except they dont realize it and call Spencer a Nazi anyway. That's how retarded the whole thing is.
>>
>>92071927
>So do we know if the Allies really did use the cosmic cube to fuck with reality and stop Hydra?

Technically they did, but they did so in a reality that was already altered so that Hydra would win the war.

So really they were unknowingly changing things back to normal, with the one exception being Hydra Cap who preserved himself in that magic pool or whatever.
>>
So Hydra is imprisoning Inhumans that don't register themselves...

Why aren't they registering themselves then?
>>
>>92072030
Exactly, the whole thing is so fucking stupid...yet these threads on /co/ make it seem like we're supposed to agree with the outrage?

Spencer literally did nothing wrong here.
>>
>>92072056
How do we know that Kobik didn't just return reality to what it was before the allies fucked with it?
>>
>>92071585
Because it's a shitty attempt to shill the legacy shits (and adding more shitty legacies like RAYSHAUN) by making event where they team up to defeat Captain Trump.

Except it didn't work because the legaycies are still shit and nobody gives a shit about them.
>>
>>92071997
Yes, it is what I tried to say.

The story would be interesting with the situation was more like the "boiling frog" fable.

But Captain went "I AM NOW A FASCIST" five minutes after he got power and people accepted it because of fluoride in the water. I really can't get behind that.
>>
>>92072099
Because she would have said as much? She was just manipulated by Red Skull, we saw it on-panel.
>>
My main issue is why do I invest in this event, when Marvel already announced Legacy where Cap returns to it´s old self and the status quo, for me is Superior Iron Man all over again
>>
>>92066324
I'm not going to lie this is why it makes it so hard to be mad about it. You constantly play with fire and you are going to get burned.
>>
how does Cap have non-hydra normal heroes following him?

They've burned down cities, how are they down with that
>>
>>92071973
>He's 100% right here, the internet is overreacting like crazy, obviously none of this is permanent and everything is going to be fixed by the end.
Spencer is part of the outrage machine. Always has been. The guy has 31K tweets of being a giant ass on twitter and blowing up even the smallest thing to make himself and his chosen side look good. The difference is that now even those he's pandered to and largely had the same viewpoints with have turned on him as well. It's literally him and a handfull of "Nazis are so cool" autists against the world.

Spencer's career in the Big-2 is over after this event. He's going to be hung out to dry by Marvel with Legacy as a symbolic gesture to appease the fans. There's also no way in hell DC's going to bring him back after his very public outbursts. The man's going to be in a small boat of indieshit for the rest of his career.
>>
>>92072396
I think it will be explained in the tie-ins.

It has to be a hell of an explanation to convince me of why Thor is, Vision and Wanda are okay with that.
>>
>>92072087
>Spencer literally did nothing wrong here.
Man, Spencer did every fucking thing you could do wrong. He's publically very confrontational to anyone that even slightly disagrees with him. He's antagonized Marvel's base readership and not so subtly implied they're all sorts of things for not accepting Marvel's diversity push. And now he's antagonized the target diversity crowd by trying to say that Cap isn't a Nazi all the while showing all sorts of Nazi-implied atrocities because he's a hack with zero nuance. Outside of actual writing, which he does best with small-scale comedy books, Spencer is the king of making nobody happy.
>>
>>92071973
Nope.

I started to hate him after he defended more expensive books for Marvel.

Brand whore.
>>
>>92072455
How did they turned cap into an Hydra agent again? I thought it was cosmic cube bullshit but not i'm not sure.
>>
>>92072873
You are right.

The cosmic cube became a little girl that had a pedo vibe with Red Skull. He asked her to make Captain a better person (explaining to her that "better person" = Hydra) and she made it.
>>
File: superior foes of spider-man 13.jpg (192KB, 900x1335px) Image search: [Google]
superior foes of spider-man 13.jpg
192KB, 900x1335px
Spencer's an asshole, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy some of the books he writes
>>
>>92073279

If we had to dismiss art because of the personalty of the artist like 90% of all the good shit would be in the garbage can.
>>
>>92071051
> it's yet another event with a time skip where the heroes lost

Zero issue showed how the heroes lost. FCBD issue looks to flesh that out further.

>it's yet another event with heroes vs heroes
Hydra are heroes? ho-kay

Hardly the central focus

>it's yet another event with the moral compass switched for certain characters
But these are great
>>
File: cherry picking.png (44KB, 624x660px) Image search: [Google]
cherry picking.png
44KB, 624x660px
>6 out of 10 from comicbook.com
>5 out of 10 from Graphic Policy
>5 out of 10 from Newsarama
>5 out of 10 from Bleeding Cool
>0 out of 10 from this anon
>>
>>92064596
Why doesn't he just leave Twitter? Or is he addicted to whining on the net?

>>92070779
>more than 1 billion people living in a country are all the same and think the same.
>a group of people is representative of one country
>one dipshit whining on twitter is literally what people in [insert country] are like irl.
Why do some people think like this?
I'm not American, so I don't judge a whole country's population based on one person/group.
>>
>>92073279
It also doesn't mean that Spencerfags should treat him like a god of comics.

I can't read CA:SR storytimes because of how pathetic Spencerfags are.
>>
>>92073519
howd they rate civil war 2
>>
>twitter is very fucking bad
Yes, Nick. Because you are on it.
>>
>>92073574
check for yourself http://comicbookroundup.com/
>>
>>92071495
The timeframe it's like he took over everything inthe span of a week or less
>>
>>92073532
I think he just can't get enough of screeching like an autist.
>>
>>92073519
Holy crap.
>>
File: Nick Spencer vs the Blacks.png (203KB, 633x586px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Spencer vs the Blacks.png
203KB, 633x586px
>>92073595
God, I love seeing him get BTFO on there though.
>>
>>92073595
Twitter is good for shitposting memes and getting another persons perspective in an event, not for big serious discussions (especially politics), but some people write loads and loads of tweets that could have been used on one fucking blogpost and most just post shitty gotcha! tweets as "arguments".
>>
>>92073519
>2 out of 4 of those reviews are sjw whining in the first paragraph

>>92073759
Is this whole thread just tumblrinas whining about >s-say no to nazi cap :(
>>
>>92073768
Do people even use blogs anymore? Does tumblr actually count, given how it's lack of a real commenting system just blurs the line between writing and conversation?
>>
>>92073759
Are Americans serious when they claim being upset at this? How bizarre. How bizarre.
>>
>>92073418
Wanda, Thor Odinson, and Vision are heroes.

Clearly, Marvel views them as villains, if they say this is not hero vs hero. Gotta give credit where it's due, This is refreshing honesty from Marvel.
>>
>>92071547
This was planned way in advance, before Trump was even elected you /pol/-tard. This event is shit, but not everything is a goddamn Trump metaphor.
>>
>>92071547
I'm liberal, broadly, but I can listen to and understand conservative viewpoints.

When people attach themselves to an ideology or worldview, they block out or shout down any criticism of it, because listening to criticism or opposing viewpoints means having to potentially change your worldview, a process that humans don't like.
>>
>>92074178
...futhermore, if you are a storyteller, you need to be open-minded and allow your characters to have diverse views, and encourage the reader/audience to understand those views.
>>
>>92064596
Is it good? Yes. Let's be honest, it just isn't as good as The Button so by comparison it seems worse.

I hope people don't buy it though because Marvel needs to see that even a good event shouldn't sell well if you do them constantly.
>>
>>92065313
i legitimately cannot understand how mockingbird is getting any modicum of critical success. removing all the cain-twitter shit and all that "feminist agenda" shit, its such a poorly written series. poor characterization, terrible plotting, so unsubtle and generally poorly conceived, and its uninteresting in most ways. there's no appreciable ambition or skill or effort, it has none of the hallmarks/indications of a true good, meaningful piece of art. its such a shame people are saying its "good".

I don't want to go /pol/-tier but why is it so """"acclaimed""""? is it the leftist media? is it terrible, truly awful comics journalism? is it people saying something is good because other people are saying its good? is it regular media journalism people claiming its good because they haven't read actual good comics?

It just truly pains me that such a mediocre piece of work is being praised.
fuck this shit.
>>
>>92071973
I dislike him because he's not a very good writer that /co/ loves to overhype

I hate him because he's generally a cunt
>>
>>92073279
honestly looking back at Superior Foes and The Fix, a whole lot more of the comedy comes from the art than the writing
>>
File: Nick Spencer vs DC's Diversity.jpg (538KB, 638x3788px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Spencer vs DC's Diversity.jpg
538KB, 638x3788px
>>92073867
Nick invites it.
>>
This is so desperate and embarrassing. Give it up Nicky boy.
>>
File: Nick Spencer vs Trump.png (107KB, 614x716px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Spencer vs Trump.png
107KB, 614x716px
>>92074948
But if he does, the bad guys win!
>>
>>92074800
Perhaps it's on the strength of personal connections by the author and the quality of the book is irrelevant.
>>
>>92074800
It's to virtue signal against "the alt-right", because it was only the alt right who disliked her terrible book.
>>
>>92074959
Someone needs to get this guy to shut up. It's like nearly everything he says comes back to bite him in the ass later. It's just sad.
>>
File: 802.jpg (45KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
802.jpg
45KB, 500x680px
>>92074959
>>92074935
>Nick Spencer everytime he decides to use twitter
>>
>>92074959
>Hilary
>Good person
Yeah... I doubt that she is a powerhungry warhawk that strong armed women to dismiss sexual assault to protect her husband.

That is not something a "good person" does.
>>
>>92073759
btfo. holy shit di campi
>>
I don't even care that much about the hydra Cap stuff but watching Nick Spencer get repeatedly BTFO is hilarious.
>>
>>92065939
>if were
2 words in, an I'm out. This faggot gets paid for this, would a little proofreading hurt?
>>
>>92064596
The funny thing is, Hydra-Cap and Secret Empire seem like intriguing concepts to me, but I refuse to buy on principle.

Marvel deserves punishment.
>>
>>92074800
>critical success
1. It's because of its feminist message. Critics eat up pretty much any feminism for virtue signaling (see female Ghostbusters)
2. A lot of people (especially on Tumblr and /co/) hated that the author turned a rape victim into a cheating murderous slut that never corrected people. Websites sided against the internet and defended the change (which is ironic really since they sided against tumblr with the sexist change)
3. Marvel had ALOT of pull and influence in the media. Sans websites like Bleedingcool, most media sites tended to side with Marvel at all costs or are friends with them. Of course, after stuff like "Diversity doesn't sell" and "anti-Jew X-Men comic", they have kinda lost some love. Even websites that were diehard Marvel became unhappy.

None of this matters anymore. The series bombed and was cancelled. No one hardly talks about it or cares. The Eisner nomination is the first time it's been mentioned in a long time.
>>
>>92070593

Not to defend him but that review was fucking garbage.
>>
>>92075364
It might have been a decent concept if handled properly.

But Spencer only knows how to increase the shock value through endless retcons. Even if you have no problem with the basic concept of Hydra Cap, the story is a trainwreck.
>>
>>92075531
>it's a FEMINIST CONSPIRACY! Just like everything else in the world that bothers me!

/pol/, take your virginity and go home.
>>
>>92075989
roasted morality means nothing
begone thot
>>
>>92068869
It's hard to say because we also don't know if the second printings or whatever will get counted for the month. If we're going by the retailer orders that get reported by Diamond, I still think #0 might edge out Batman and Flash because it's also got the Funko box boost. But if Batman and/or Flash beat it instead, then that would be a really bad sign for the series.
>>
>>92075989
Well, Mockingbird getting critical acclaim as high as an Eisner should raise some damn interesting questions.

One of them being, was this agenda driven. And considering past award sessions and the way things go, I think it's very reasonable to suggest that Mockingbird getting nominated for these awards is part of a agenda, to support books that are part of the feminist agenda from critique.
>>
>>92070904
That is one of the worst analogies I've ever read
>>
>>92064596
Loved how he left out the shit ton of sites which gave it mediocre reviews.
>>
>>92073759
What is de campi's problem with Spencer. She seems to shit a lot on him.
>>
Who gives reviews for 30 page comics?
>>
>>92078008
Is this the new attempt to defend Marvel and Secret Empire?
>>
>>92073519
>Giving this shit and giving America Chavez a pass
I don't believe their opinion. It's all trash.
>>
>>92064596

Jesus Christ. How could anybody out themselves as this insecure with zero self awareness?
>>
>>92071973
>He's 100% right here, the internet is overreacting like crazy

Spencer uses Twitter to shit talk other people all the time. He can't cry when it's on him. He's just a fucking coward
>>
>>92071973
I'm annoyed about this situation. Not because spencer doesn't deserve this after acting like an asshole to everyone but because there's nothing wrong with this concept it's a whole bunch of people who read the concept and got angry over nothing.
>>
>>92073867

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY
>>
>>92073787
>>92078293
Marvel interns doing their job, I see.
>>
i thought i would run out of reason to hate marvel but 4chan does provide
>>
>>92078420
In what world does this deserve lower scores than mockingbird or chavez?
>>
>>92078344
>a cosmic cube made him do itt

Do you realize how dumb of a concept this is? The last time Marvel did this with Falcon, it was just as stupid. But Spencer and Brevoort dug their graves and had to turn it into a crossover.
>>
>>92078420
>>>/out/
>>
>>92078608
No more inherently stupid than gamma radiation mutating someone into the hulk. Comics are inherently retarded. You either accept the dumb concepts or you don't. Picking and choosing is hypocritical. If the writing is fine then it works.
>>
When will numbers show up? I want to see if all this tweet rage trully matters. It seems like Secret Empire will sell really good.
>>
>>92078677

The #0 issue will "sell" well because of variants and having the numbers bumped in one of those shitty loot crate style boxes. I actually think it's a Marvel box.

What we do know is that the start of this event sold less digitally than a regular issue of Superman so that's not great
>>
>>92064596
It's so weird, Secret Empire is clearly underperforming so far since event fatigue is real and the buildup to the SE, while satisfying, didn't have a hype machine behind it because God knows what kind of shit Marvel Comics is into now
On the other, I want to stand with Spencer in stating that social media was a fucking mistake and all those Twitter warriors have no connection to reality since all they seem able to do is rage about cropped panels from comic books they would never even touch and I hope they all die in a fire
>>
>>92065258
YOU COULD CUT TIES WITH ALL THE LIES THAT YOU'VE BEEN LIVING IN
>>
>>92078711
>I want to stand with Spencer in stating that social media was a fucking mistake

Are you both standing on a ledge? Spencer is a social media whore. He can fuck off
>>
>>92078710
>shitty loot crate style boxes
I don't know about all these staff. Does it help to actually sell comics, or helps to make it LOOK like it sells good? Yeah, I know about digital ones. Well, Superman is actually MUCH better than SE, so it's fair. I'm surprised that Superman sells that good. Is that magic of Rebirth?
Also, you don't know when we'll see numbers?
>>
>>92078748

I don't think we see numbers until next week
>>
File: 1480791545656.jpg (55KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480791545656.jpg
55KB, 450x450px
>>92078748
>I don't know about all these staff. Does it help to actually sell comics, or helps to make it LOOK like it sells good?

Here's an example. For Funko's Marvel Collector Corps box, they had a variant for Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #1, seen here. It was included in their Doctor Strange box for October last year.

This was how Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #1 and 2 charted:

10/16 Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #1 - 149,710
11/16 Dr Strange Sorcerers Supreme #2 - 29,349 (-80.4%)

Seems strange that there was such a vast drop, right? But not that much when you realize that #1 was included in Funko's Marvel Collector Corps box.
>>
>>92078857
Another example is that for the Marvel Collector Corps box in August last year, Funko got Amazing Spider-Man #16 included. Here's a comparison of sales between #15-17:

07/16 Amazing Spider-Man#15 - 93,582 (+42.6%)
08/16 Amazing Spider-Man#16 - 185,342 (+98.1%)
08/16 Amazing Spider-Man#17 - 74,869 (-59.6%)

As you can see #16 had a huge boost.
>>
>>92078857
>>92078880
So basically when the figures come out, subtract 100,000 for the true sales number. Thanks.
>>
>>92071495
My problems with it are twofold.

1) Spencer has specifically said that he wrote it to be somehow reflective of Donald Trump, despite none of Camp's policies beimg reflective of anything other than generic Nazism.

2) Denying the Nazi similarities, book burning and concentration camps For instance, Spencer and all the marvel employees act like it's crazy to compare Hydra, an organization that has been directly controlled by Nazis in at least half of their on panel appearances, and in this very comic assisted the Nazis in WW2, to Nazis.
3) The entire story is set in an alternate reality created by a cosmic cube. It will be undone at the close of the event or within 2 years MAX if Marvel takes some ritalin. No event in marvel has had anything organic spin out if it in ages, and most "Events" are shown to be completely irrelevant by comics that are set afterwards that come out before the event is finished. The story is designed to be completely irrelevant. But Marvel is acting like this is just the way it's going to be forever. It's as if Marvel tried to convince everyone that Age of Apocalypse was the new status quo for the foreseeable future. It's stupid.

I'd read a book about a Captain America who is secretly a Hydra agent, but I'm not gonna shell out 4 or 5 bucks an issue for some didactic garbage that assumes I'm too stupid to have basic pattern recognition.
>>
>>92078880
And yes, like everyone else said, Secret Invasion #0 was included in a box. Specifically, Marvel Collector Corps box for last month, the GOTG-themed box.

http://bamsmackpow.com/2017/04/20/funko-marvel-collector-corps-april-2017-guardians-galaxy-vol-2-unboxing/
>>
>>92078896

Yeah that's a safe bet. If Secret Wars does lose out to The Button then it's a massive failure
>>
>>92071973
What did he say about DC?

I'm annoyed he's taking 50 or so issues to tell a less coherent Superior Spiderman but with Cap.
>>
>>92078917
No idea, but he's butthurt that his Supergirl pitch was rejected.
>>
>>92073759
White Guilt liberals are so fucking worthless.
>>
>>92078911
Fuck, I meant Secret Empire.

>>92078896
Yes, or approximately that much. It may vary. I assume that in the case of the Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York comic last year, which was a Lootcrate comic instead of a Funko box comic, the numbers might be higher because Lootcrate might have larger orders than Funko's boxes.

Of course also remember that Secret Empire will also have variants so there may also be stores ordering those too.
>>
>>92074059
He specifically said he altered it to be relevant in light of the Trump election
>>
>>92074959
Like, the Hillary Clinton human trafficking shit isn't even hard to find, why do liberals act like a twofaced career politician who has never expressed a sincere opinion in her life is the second coming?
>>
>>92078960

Is Captain America going to be democratically elected and get his bills blocked by "Literally Who?" the Judge while everyone screams about living in a fascist dictatorship?
>>
>Marvel tried their hardest moving away from the normal comic crowd
>they move onto the over the top sensationalist blogger crowd because free advertising
>it backfires tremendously
please go on Nick and Brevoort, this is gold
>>
>>92078974
>Like, the Hillary Clinton human trafficking shit isn't even hard to find
Well it is if you're looking for real evidence and not infowars "switch the word 'pizza' for 'tiny girl vagina'" tier bullshit.
>>
>>92078899
Fuck I said twofold.

Eh Fuck it.

4) The stupid shit with the hammer.
>>
>>92078974
>the Hillary Clinton human trafficking shit isn't even hard to find
/pol/ needs to go back.
>>
>>92078991

That guys an idiot. If you want to look at real scummy shit Hilary did then look no further than Haiti.
>>
>>92078980
No that would require perspective.
>>
>>92071973
Marvel has lived by the ''Angry fans sell comics'' qoute for years
now they reap what they sowed
>>
>>92078857
>>92078880
Why not put in collector corps box everytime?
>>
>>92078917
>What did he say about DC?

That Rebirth is successful because of racist trolls who hate diversity.
>>
>>92079080
...Did he just not look at any of the books?
>>
>>92079097
Yes, a Twitter user sent him examples but Nick went full GET A LIFE AND LET ME BE DELUDED
>>
>>92079097
Someone corrected him and his reaction was "l-look at this loser, correcting people on twitter".
>>
>>92079112
So he assumed people were interested in the more fan-friendly cheaper comic that wasn't about Superman setting up a Raoist dictatorship, having always been a sleeper agent, was because they were racist?
>>
File: yep.gif (169KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
yep.gif
169KB, 350x197px
>>92079135
>>
Why the fuck hasn't Marvel told Spencer to delete his twitter already? He consistently makes them look bad by behaving like a petty asshole, regardless of how right he is about a situation
>>
>>92079162
Marvel believes being a petty retard is part of being a good liberal. Also Disney couldn't give less of a fuck what their content farm publishes
>>
>>92064596
I imagine the same butthurt leftists that whine during every issue of Uber will bring their same "I want the bad guys to lose NOW! NOW NOW NOW !" schtick to Secret Empire
>>
>>92074959
Doesn't he fucking live in the UK?
>>
>>92079162
If Axel Alonso knew how to conduct good public relations, modern Marvel comics wouldn't exist.
>>
I follow only DC currently, so I don't have a clue what's going on.
The book is hated, but it's decently written, by Marvel standards?
Spencer is a liberal/sjw but angers liberals/sjws?
How do these things add up?
>>
>>92079579
Normies fucking hate Secret Empire because of the premise, but people on /co/ who have read it say that HydraCap is fun to read. Like in a Thrawn/Xanatos way.

Spencer is really liberal, but he said that punching Nazis might not be the best thing, which pissed so many other liberals off.
>>
>>92079793
>punching Nazis might not be the best thing
>so I will turn this Nazipuncher into a Nazi
B R A V O
>>
>>92064596
I'm glad Spencer is red pilled enough to know not to listen to SJW whining.
>>
>>92074800
Mockingbird was 3 great issues 2 good issues and 2 horrific ones.

But it didn't get the Eisner for the good issues, it got them for the lousy "feminist agenda" one.

Virtue Signaling all the way. If the shitlords hate it, they have to love it.
>>
>>92079793

The bigger problem is that Spencer pulled that ridiculous "He was always Hydra. Hydra won in reality" bullshit to bait readers in. We already know the Deus Ex Machina as well since Cosmic cube fixes everything. KeiakkuCap is a good concept and great to read but everything not about Cap is some asspull writing and fucking around for the sake of shock instead of telling a good story.

If this event was conceived as a "What If?" special series. Everyone would love it, especially since they could play with higher stakes and be able to kill off heroes. But as a mainline 616 event. It's limited garbage with little tension and events happening for the sake of shock than intriguing plot points.
>>
>>92073532
>I'm not American, so I don't judge a whole country's population based on one person/group

And if more people thought like that, half of humanities problems would be solved instantly. But then again that requires actual thought, unfortunately.
>>
>>92078974
First off that works both ways, and r/thedonald is walking proof of that. Second, actual evidence is hard to find. What, you think a woman that had access to everything at one point wouldn't cover her tracks? Even if she did, she made sure nothing damning slipped through.
>>
>>92065258
>>92078714
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjxPXekFEs
>>
>>92064596
Remember that #0 was outsold by a normal Superman issue and only way is #1 in Diamond charts is because of the fucking LootCrate/Funko
>>
>>92080047
>Massively confrontational liberal speaking his politics on a daily basis.
>Has those who he shares views with turn on him because he's a comedy writer who can't do dramatic storytelling with any nuance and typically responds to any aggression toward him with the tact of a screaming monkey flinging shit.
>HURR Based Spencer triggering the ess-jay-dubs.
>Nazis are so cool, clearly /ourguy/.
Do people actually think like this?
>>
>>92080622
They turn on him because he's been better at writing convincing, inspiring speeches for fascists then he ever has been for liberals.
>>
>>92078974
Because it's the CURRENT YEAR and America still hasn't had a womyn president.

But don't worry. You can still show your support by ensuring France gets theirs.
>>
>>92080724
What's strange is that the speech in SE felt more like he was reading off bullet points.
>>
>>92080724
There's a hidden joke there about modern liberalism being more akin to fascism.
>>
File: white tears.png (64KB, 645x442px) Image search: [Google]
white tears.png
64KB, 645x442px
>>92075268
it's ironic because you get this, too, from Actual Black People (which deCampi is not)
>>
>>92080622
>he's been better at writing convincing, inspiring speeches for fascists
Hmmm...
>>
>>92080811
The speech in the Oath was great.

>>92080817
SJW and antifa types certainly prove horseshoe theory.
>>
>>92080841
Spencer sure seems to know how to attract some terrible people. I'm wondering when we're going to see some funny troll ones with something like, "As a member of the American Nazi Party, I am glad writer Nick Spencer decided to put Captain America in the position he belonged to the entire time and we fully endorse the even Secret Empire."
>>
>>92064596
Is there a comic book writer more vainglorious and proud than Spencer?
>>
>>92081189
Bendis
Waid
>>
>>92080724
That is a very "by-the-book" speech.

Spencerfags have low standards confirmed?
>>
>>92071585
How many chances does Marvel need to produce good content?
>>
>>92081262
And Conservatives too.
>>
>>92067928
Create a puddle and call it an ocean and all you'll catch will be whales, yes.
>>
>>92071401
They do that with every writer change.
>>
>>92072157
Why did she make a reality where Cap would still hate Skull though?

Why not make one where he'd be loyal to Red Skull, instead of to Madame Hydra?

I mean "brainwashed Hydra Cap still retaining memories of hate for the Skull" would be a better explanation that what Spencer ended up with. If Red Skull was behind the reality warp, why didn't he make so that it'd be exactly like he'd like it from the start? Why did the Cube interpret his message in a way that would give Steve a reason to take revenge on Skull?
>>
File: CA17 (2003).jpg (78KB, 548x520px) Image search: [Google]
CA17 (2003).jpg
78KB, 548x520px
What I want to know is, did this Cap Hydra accept Skull's offer?
>>
>>92081548
Because Spencer's Red Skull is an incompetent dumbass.
>>
>>92075297
He thinks so highly of his works, probably fancies himself a genius.

Needs to taste some humble pie.
>>
>>92071927
You can be Fascists but not be Nazis. Mussolini's secretary was a Jew before the whole Hitler thing.
>>
>>92079277
>>92080047
>>92071927
>Nazis are so cool, guys!

Your master will betray you, Spencerfags.
>>
>>92073532
I hope the irony is not lost upon you making a sweeping statement like that
>>
>>92081676
> Red Skull fucks himself over.
> Zemo goes full retard and reads the Darkhold.
>>
>be Nick Spencer
>show up and read Memender's notes
>think "hey, I can outdo this edgy hack"
>immediately turn Sam toxic by playing politics instead of tastefully acknowledging Sam's history like my predecessor
>"well Rick had this idea to make HYDRA return" oh I know, I'll make Cap the leader of the charge
>get fucking flogged in the media
Last week
>"uh it wasn't even my idea guise, blame Memender"

Lmao tbqvwyhnfamigliatachi
>>
> Doctor Strange should be the one to break through the Darkfield thing...but it will be Moon Girl.

Odinson should be the one to reclaim the hammer...but it will be Jane.

> Wanda should be the one to rumble Madame Hydra...but it will be Riri or Miles or some other diversity token.

> Carol and Sam will be the big heroes, while Tony is their joke sidekick.
>>
If America Chavez dies, Cap will have already begun his redemption.
>>
File: lol.png (33KB, 646x208px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
33KB, 646x208px
>That damage control.
>>
>>92083543
How many shekels today, Rich?
>>
>>92080270
>this event was conceived as a "What If?" special series. Everyone would love it
Fucking this. I love Hydra Cap as a character and concept but knowing everything is building up to yet another lukewarm event and return to status quo really kills the hype and my incentive to keep reading. If this was openly an alt-world/What If? where anything goes it'd be ten thousand times more appealing
>>
>>92083456
To be honest, if anyone should save the day from Hydra Cap, it SHOULD be Sam and Bucky.
>>
>>92080776
I really hope Le Pen makes it. It's a long shot, but so was Trump becoming POTS and the Patriots taking down the Falcons when every black person in America was trying to turn the Super Bowl into a racial thing
>>
>>92083928
Agreed. I think that's what makes the Injustice comics so entertaining to read. You have no idea what the fuck they're going to do next.
>>
>>92079033
For starters the Collector Corps box is only released six times a year, and I doubt they want to put in two comics in a box (especially when the main draw is the Pop, not the comic; the comics don't go for much at this time). Secondly, it's likely that the comics offered to Funko also have some sort of discount given to comic shop retailers who buy in bulk, and so Funko probably qualified for that discount as well. If true, then Marvel can't keep putting deep discounts on all their books just to prop up their sales, since to someone like Ike that would be losing money.
>>
>>92083543
How many of those positive tweets were basically automated retweets of articles?
>>
>>92064596
As a DC fan who abandoned Marvel after they first started this whole 'appealing to tumblr' thing, all this shit is hilarious to me. Spencer deserves to suffer.
>>
>>92079186
>Also Disney couldn't give less of a fuck what their content farm publishes

Except they had to release an article recently pleading with the general audience to give Secret Empire a chance and spoil the outcome.
>>
>>92080974
When you go far enough left or right you end up coming out the other end.
>>
>>92071051
>>92071299
Speaking of Hydra Cap and Remender Cap, here's a sales comparison:

This is a little more than a year's worth of Remender's Cap:

11/12 Captain America v8 #1 - 123,667 (+207.6%)
12/12 Captain America v8 #2 - 64,377 ( -47.9%)
01/13 Captain America v8 #3 - 59,836 ( -7.1%)
02/13 Captain America v8 #4 - 53,112 ( -11.2%)
03/13 Captain America v8 #5 - 49,186 ( -7.4%)
04/13 Captain America v8 #6 - 47,802 ( -2.8%)
05/13 Captain America v8 #7 - 44,024 ( -7.9%)
06/13 Captain America v8 #8 - 43,791 ( -0.5%)
07/13 Captain America v8 #9 - 40,796 ( -6.8%)
08/13 Captain America v8 #10 - 39,356 ( -3.5%)
09/13 Captain America v8 #11 - 38,521 ( -2.1%)
10/13 Captain America v8 #12 - 38,684 ( +0.4%)
11/13 Captain America v8 #13 - 36,147 ( -6.6%)

And this is HydraCap:

05/16 Cap America SR #1 -140,222
06/16 Cap America SR #2 - 74,884
07/16 Cap America SR #3 - 65,455 (-12.6%)
08/16 Cap America SR #4 - 49,559 (-24.3%) (CV2)
09/16 Cap America SR #5 - 50,536 (+ 2.0%) (CV2)
10/16 Cap America SR #6 - 49,111 (- 2.8%) (CV2)
11/16 Cap America SR #7 - 48,505 (- 1.2%)
12/16 Cap America SR #8 - 38,610 (-20.4%)
01/17 Cap America SR #9 - 42,637 (+10.4%)*
01/17 Cap America SR#10- 40,051 (- 6.1%)*
02/17 Cap America SR#11- 36,610 (- 8.6%)
02/17 Cap America SR#12- 32,567 (-11.0%)
03/17 Cap America SR#13- 39,454
03/17 Cap America SR#14- 31,592

I would've thought it would've done significantly better than Remender's Cap since there was a lot of attention toward it (and as Brevoort said about angry fans and sales) but it seems barely higher, or in some cases about the same level.

*this was the month they added overships to all Marvel titles, which is why there was an increase there.
>>
>>92064596
>its bad
>Doesn't even give it a chance

Fuck off, op
>>
>>92083928
>>92084923

Injustice was also DC Comics being smart enough to know that if they got the creators of Mortal Kombat to make a game (And that was their dream game), that they should make a new universe to create havoc in, even though there would be a crossover with Earth Prime so they could tell a darker story and put some stakes on it (Superman killing Shazam was a big "Holy shit" moment).

Marvel should have been smart enough to realise it would have been an amazing "What If?" concept that could run over a series instead of an event. House of Ideas but no fucking clue how to execute them.
>>
>>92078714
BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP THE TRUE CREATOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVgBp5Yu7_w
>>
>>92073418
>Hardly the central focus

I haven't been reading but how can it even be a focus at all? Isn't Tony still in a coma?
>>
>>92080087
If I know my comics plots...
One day the lords of shit will learn to harness that power for evil.
>>
>>92081037
"Secret empire reaches number one on the KKK recommended reading list! 'At last a hero our children can look up to!'"
>>
>>92067534

Most shows have a complete story in each episode. This is more like reviewing the first 10 minutes of a 60 minute show.
>>
>Iron Man killed Goliath
>Thor is unworthy
>In pretty much every future timeline Hulk turns into a murderinmg psychopath
>Spider-Man made a deal with the fucking devil
>This is all completely them doing it
>But Cap being changed by a cosmic cube to have his character completely altered into a villain is an affront to the character that has never been seen before and will never be forgiven
I just don't get it
>>
>>92091900
Iron Man killed Goliath?
Wat?
>>
>>92089844
An AI of him, which started out as Ironheart's Jarvis, is now a third iron man and even when he's not in the suit he's a hologram force ghost that uses floating iron man gloves to touch things.
>>
>>92091900
>Who the fuck cares about goliath
>Everyone was pissed about whor
>Hulk becoming a murdering psychopath is doubling down on his character. I'd be like Cap flying around in a giant space eagle to liberate alien socialists.
>Everyone was pissed about that, too.
>>
>>92091974
In Civil War, when him and several other heroes became fascists almost on the level of Hydra cap except without the nazi ideals and propaganda. Then everyone just forgot about it because there was no way any of those characters could be heroes again if they didn't.
>>
>>92092044
People were pissed, but not on this level. I guess it's just that the internet these days gives them more of a mouthpiece than they deserve.
>>
>>92092047
He didn't kill him, he just helped.
The real blame is with RICHARDS! and Pym. Tony dindu nuffin.
>>
>>92072938
>Cap was made Hydra through space magic
>Literal reality warping
>The entire publicity about the event originally included how this wasn't some sort of trick and Cap was actually Hydra all along
>Literally lying for publicity and outrage sales

It's painful how artificial this stuff is.
>>
>>92073532
The US doesn't have nearly that many people...
>>92082960
I think that's what we call a joke, anon.
>>
>>92092128
You mean Skrull Pym
>>
File: secret avengers 21.jpg (1MB, 2535x1944px) Image search: [Google]
secret avengers 21.jpg
1MB, 2535x1944px
>>92091900
>>92092044
Back when Civil War was out, there was irritation in the sense of Millar killing a black character but since most people didn't know who Goliath was, and the internet movement toward social justice was in its infancy. There was no tumblr or Twitter yet, there was only like Scans Daily or some other stuff that wasn't yet large.

Future Timeline Hulks are alternate future timelines, but you also have regular Hulk to contrast against him.

I think there should've been a larger outcry about OMD. I was very surprised there wasn't. But I think maybe at that time it was a combination of comics starting to become mainstream but not mainstream enough, and Marvel being chummy with most of the press so that they'd downplay it.

And hell, Cap becoming Hydra wasn't even the worst because at least that was him being manipulated by the Cube. I can't remember for sure but I think only David Brothers and his readers were all complaining about this sequence Warren Ellis wrote, for instance.
>>
>>92081262
Yeah, it's just the first good one that came up.

Red Skull's speech on the evils of immigration is one people on both sides bring up frequently.
>>
>>92081548
Because that's Steve's essential Capness shining through.

His beliefs may have become fascist, but he still abhors Skull's cruelty and sadism. That's why he revolts.

>>92090812
The Sad Puppies and Rabid Puppies are already a thing. How soon before it spreads to the rest of fandom?

>>92091900
He's Cap. He matters. He's important. And they pull this when he's in the middle of a renaissance.

The only one comparable to this was Spider-Man, because that was a shitstorm nearly as big. It just didn't become part of the culture wars.
>>
>>92092331
It's also a insight of how much of a hack Spencer is.

Just use the magic mcguffin instead of having the character progress naturally. Instead of being clever and writing a interesting story about how one goes down the rabbit hole of becoming a Nazi, instead it's space googly moogly magic.
>>
>>92095465
They couldn't do that with Cap. He can't REALLY turn into a fascist. But he does get a good justification for it from Leviathan.
>>
>>92074800
>"If we remove all the reason why it's interesting art, it stops being interesting."

You realize that art can be good because its political commentary, right? Also Eisners are awarded for the best series during a year. Two series getting Eisners aren't comparable - it just means it was better than anything else out THAT YEAR.
>>
>>92095448
>He's Cap. He matters. He's important
People act like he's this great classic American icon, but no one would have given a single shit seven or eight years ago, even if the political furor was at the level it is now. He's in four movies and suddenly he's untouchable ?
>>
>>92092331
Do you not remember when they did the exact same thing with Superior Spiderman? "This is the new status quo, we won't be bringing Peter back."
>>
>>92091900
>>Spider-Man made a deal with the fucking devil
This legitimately made me stop reading or following anything Spider-Man, and I don't intend to start again until they entirely reboot the character.

The others I stopped reading long before those events happened, but yeah.
>>
>>92098034
Yeah, but even that they felt like they were lying with effort. I can't really say the same about now.
>>
>>92091900
What world did you fall out of where people still don't shit on Marvel for Whor, much less OMD?
>>
>>92096365
remember how Death of Captain America was covered on major news networks?
>>
>>92096277
you must be high if you think Squirrel Girl and Mockingbird are among the best comics of 2016
>>
>>92091900
You don't get it anon, there are LITERAL NAZIS in office thanks to Trump being elected.

Some of us are holocaustkin and feel very triggered by this development at Marvel comics. How can we watch Disney movies knowing they own a company that makes writing decisions like that!
>>
>Nick Spencer now hated by the very people he tries so desperately to court
I love Hydra Cap so much
>>
>>92098366
yeah, I mean the third-highest Disney shareholder is literally working for the Trump administration
>>
>>92096277
>You realize that art can be good because its political commentary, right? Also Eisners are awarded for the best series during a year. Two series getting Eisners aren't comparable - it just means it was better than anything else out THAT YEAR.

One off those for Mockingbird is best writer, which should by all rights be a hugely competitive category. I think that their selections are so bad, like the Squirrel Girl nomination for art, that it hurts the credibilitiy of the eisner.

I'm trying to think of what populations of comic readers would think that Mockingbird is even top 5 on the year in Marvel alone, or top 5 feminist books of the year.
>>
hey
>>
>>92101204
why not just let it die anon
>>
>>92072087
I don't agree with the outrage, I laugh at it
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.