[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped reading comics a while ago but how was this explained?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4058.jpg (86KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4058.jpg
86KB, 1000x500px
I stopped reading comics a while ago but how was this explained?
>>
It wasn't. Cap is and has always been a Nazi.

Apparently.

Because America Chavez is the best character in the Marvel universe and she's gonna punch Captain Hydra with her Hispanic lesbian fists.
>>
Axis and Hydra used powerful weapons and a sleeper agent Captain Hydra to win the war against the Allies. Allies use the Cosmic Cube to change Cap into a good guy and push the war in their favor. The original reality lay dormant until the Red Skull convinced the shard of Cosmic Cube that turned into a girl to change reality. This awoke Captain America into a sleeper agent again, he's in charge of all the US military and SHIELD now too. Happy 100th birthday Jack Kirby.
>>
You can go read it if you want to know so badly. We're not here to fuel your ignorant rage tweeting.
>>
>>92059924
Cosmic Cube.
The same thing happened to Falcon, ages ago.
>>
>>92059924
A little girl that is actually as cosmic cube fell in love with Red Skull and does whatever he wants. Red Skull wanted Cap to become Hydra and that's it.
>>
>>92059924

It was literally explained in the VERY NEXT ISSUE. Like, literally in publishing terms it was explained immediately after the page in question.

Cosmic cubes are an old Captain America plot device. Objects that re-write reality according to the will of the person holding it, but when used enough they tend to eventually become sentient and develop a will of their own. One of them became sentient, took on a childlike form and intellect; highly suggestable. She made friends with the Red Skull, who was cunning enough to be sweet and nice to her, knowing how impressionable she would be. She was indeed impressed, and was sad that the mean old Steve Rogers upset her friend so much because he didn't see Hydra's cause as nice as her good buddy herr Schmidt did.

So, whimsically, she decided to "fix" him so he would see Hydra in the right light by simply redesigning his entire past so that he was raised by Hydra to be a decades-long sleeper agent. To believe Hydra was the aggrieved party in WW2's resolution. That the allies ruined the world, using their own cosmic cube to re-write reality to make Hydra look like a bunch of inept villains.

Therefore, the only heroic thing to do for a good and noble man like Steve Rogers was to work with Hydra in the hopes of redeeming it and saving the world from the horrid lies which the Allies inflicted on the world with their supposed reality-fuckery. He sees himself as an avenging hero, and nothing can dissuade him from this belief, because everything about his reality-rewritten upbringing is tailored to bringing him up to be the sort of man who would accept it.
>>
I'm sorry but it's bullshit.

There's just some shit you don't fuck with in comics. Cap and Hydra are enemies.
>>
>>92061019

Yeah, agreed. What's been done to him by a being loyal to Hydra is a terrible attack upon him. It's an impressive story, seeing him set-upon by his enemies at such a fundamental level. When he gets back to being himself, his righteous wrath will really be something to see. I'm looking forward to that climax!
>>
>>92061019
I'm glad you don't write comics because you'd be a boring "status quo is god" moron.
>>
>>92061527
You're the reson why marvel is having issues.
>>
>>92061808
reason*
>>
>>92060027

This is literally the most retarded thing I have ever read. No fucking way is that what really happened.

Stop this annoying making shit up!
>>
>>92061981

It's not. The Red Skull confirmed it right before he died.

But anon's story is what Cap and Zemo believe.
>>
>>92059924
Red Skull used a cosmic cube to turn Captain America into a loyal servant of Hydra.

It worked too well. Instead of just giving Steve false memories, the cube rewrote reality, so that Steve was always a secret Hydra agent, and his secret century-long quest was curated by other Hydra agents. Unfortunately for Red Skull, the Ideal Hydra Steve decided that Skull was an unworthy leader of the Hydra, and planned Skull's downfall and death. The weirdos from the Hydra High Council supported Steve and remember the new, Hydra Cap, reality.
>>
>>92061981

What you're reading there is something written by someone who's read half of the story and missed key points. I don't know if I find these people more annoying than those who have read none of it and complain about it, or less.
>>
>>92059924
Hatsune Miku did it.
>>
>>92061981
This is not even close to the weird shit that happens in comics. Have you read Morrisson?
>>
>>92061527
Is's not about status quo, it's about undermining one of the basic attributes of a character. When you do that, they cease to be the character.
It's like if someone made samurai Jack secretly an Aku worshipper who Wanted to propagate the bad future.
>>
>>92061527
>Completely ruined Captains character forever by making him a Nazi

There's something's you just don't do.
>>
>>92064704
But why wouldn't Red Skull use a Cosmic Cube to turn Steven into a member of Hydra? It seems like an obvious thing to do
>>
>>92064770
because "muh self-insert"
>>
File: 1490037052514.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1490037052514.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>92060027
>>92060561

Terrible.
Glad I stopped reading marvel
>>
>>92064770
Well for one Red Skull had literally nothing to do at all with HYDRA until the movie so he had no real motivation to do that.

Not joking, literally nothing.
>>
File: Captain America 148-003.jpg (38KB, 290x514px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America 148-003.jpg
38KB, 290x514px
>>92065077
>Red Skull had literally nothing to do at all with HYDRA until the movie
t. casual
>>
>>92065137
That just proves me point though?
Skull worked with HYDRA very briefly in 1960's comics but went solo with his own Neofascist (and later Nihilistic) organization very early on, probably so they could preserve HYDRA as being a villain for Nick Fury's book, seeing as it was just a stand-in for SPECTRE anyway.
In fact, Red Skull's participation in HYDRA is a retcon in itself, though a very, very early one.

Go read the history of Captain America story time on this board if you don't believe me
>>
>>92065219
Why the fuck does Marvel have so many Nazi villains anyway?
>>
>>92065259
To be fair, HYDRA's original leader and founder Baron von Strucker was a Nazi but HYDRA itself wasn't Nazi-affiliated, it just used Nazi gold Strucker made off with after the war.
After that it's mostly a nebulous spy organization with fascist aims but no real defined ideology whatsoever; like the SPECTRE they were based off of they existed to cause problems for heroes, not actually make sense.
>>
Relax guys.

They made a statement to ABC, and Cap will be returning back to normal.

>Captain America, will always be a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe who will stand up for what is right, and Secret Empire will be the biggest challenge Steve has ever faced.

>What you will see at the end of this journey is that his heart and soul — his core values, not his muscle or his shield — are what save the day against Hydra and will further prove that our heroes will always stand against oppression and show that good will always triumph over evil.
>>
>>92059924
https://imgur.com/a/zPwZA

Here's an explanation for people who don't read comics.

TL;DR
Cap was never a Nazi, people who don't read comics (and clickbaiters like Rich Johnston) are misinterpreting the black and white sequences as what Kobik changed in reality when they're actually the memories Kobik implanted.

It's only Cap's memories that were changed, not the entire world.

Madame Hydra is the true villain of Secret Empire.
>>
>>92065137
>>
File: Madame Hydra a cute .png (85KB, 181x216px) Image search: [Google]
Madame Hydra a cute .png
85KB, 181x216px
>>92066404
Madame hydra is cute though
>>
>>92066504
The cute ones are always evil.
>>
>>92065259
>Make comics early on that people who read them would like (i.e. anti-Nazi)
>Slowly form actual persistent plotlines/stories with canon that has to stay
>Strong anti-Nazi sentiment stays true, especially in country it's written where 'KILL NAZIS' was basis for most of involvement in WWII
Simple really
>>
>>92066609
I agree but yeah
>>
>>92065467
>They made a statement to ABC, and Cap will be returning back to normal.
...Did you really need confirmation for that?
>>
File: 1477499290642.png (237KB, 386x356px) Image search: [Google]
1477499290642.png
237KB, 386x356px
>>92060561
>>
>>92059924
Dues Ex Machima cosmic cube retconn

Then they retconned it again

It was not a natural evolution of the character because that would be too hard to do so we have to use space magic.
>>
>>92066843
None of these people read comics, they literally had to have a news program explain that Cap won't be like this forever

That's the level of dumb we're dealing with.

Complaining about something you don't even care about.
>>
>>92060561
Wow, this sounds like some elseworlds shit
>>
>>92059924
Brainwashed by the Red Skull, basically.
>>
>>92064704
But Anon, Steve's fucking a white male (possibly Bucky). He'll always be inherently evil, the writers just stopped using him as a direct mouthpiece for their views and moved on to making him a strawman for their self-inserts to beat up.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.