[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Shredder looks weird.png (616KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shredder looks weird.png
616KB, 640x480px
Hm... Something feels off...
>>
I think you meant to write "Cowabunga Pizza Turtles"
Also, what feels off, is everything related to that shitty 80s cartoon.
>>
>>92058922
Not the OP, but, I liked the 80's cartoon.
>>
>>92058744

Those 2 anime OVAs are legit terrible. Once the novelty of "OMG a Ninja Turtles ANIME!?!?!" wears of after 5 minutes, you're left with something incredibly boring and unfunny.
>>
>>92058938
Then you dont really like TMNT
>>
>>92058968
Liked the first two movies from the 90's as well.

Guess not then huh?
>>
>>92058990
Ill give you a pass on movie 1. Its pretty great and after watching both of the new movies and wanting to gouge my eyes out, I appreciate it so much more. Movie 2 was shit.
>>
>>92059053
>Movie 2 was shit.
Well it wasn't as great as the first but it had a lot of fun gags I enjoyed.
>>
>>92058941
>Those 2 anime OVAs are legit terrible. Once the novelty of "OMG a Ninja Turtles ANIME!?!?!" wears of after 5 minutes, you're left with something incredibly boring and unfunny.

So basically it's just an additional two episodes of the show, down to the style and quality, just recorded in Japanese.
>>
>>92059053
So... liking the 90's cartoon means he isn't a fan, and you'll give him "a pass" on the first film?

Are you seriously saying that only the comics count?
>>
>>92059178
Im saying the invention of Pizza turtles, and liking the pizza turtles, pretty much took everything that was cool about them, and made it into a sad mockery of itself.
>ninja who dont fight
>obsessed with pizza
>made just to sell toys

As opposed to
>ninja revenge tale
>ninja do ninja stuff
>crazy adventures without being "bonkers" or '"madcap"
>>
>>92059296
It made it into a goofy franchise, yes, but remember that the original comic was a Daredevil parody called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and featured a recurring time-traveling valley girl.
>>
>>92059388
Recurring? She was in one issue, then disappeared until Tales brought her back.

Yes, the origin overlapped with Daredevil, a tribute to Millers Daredevil that influenced E&L.
Despite all that, it was still about family and revenge.
I remember the original comics very well. I remeber that the Leonardo one shot was the last book I read before the cartoon came out. There is literally no greater divide that that between the tone of the one shot, and the tone of the cartoon.
>>
>>92058744
Looks like the same old pathetic Not-Turtles shit that 80's show churned out. Nothing new in the slightest
>>
Wasn't the original Mirage comic meant to be a parody of the edgy grim 80's guns and bandoliers comics of the time?

It was always a joke.
>>
>>92058922
The 80's cartoon is the only redeemable part of the entire franchise.
>>
>>92060483
Only the first issue was more or less parodic and a homage as well.
>>
>>92058744
you are just imagining things
>>
File: son-this-is-bait.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
son-this-is-bait.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>92060584
good one anon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.