[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he a good person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 10

File: Jerry_Smith.png (256KB, 688x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Smith.png
256KB, 688x1012px
Is he a good person?
>>
>>92057252
Not really but he isn't bad enough to justify the amount he's shit on. I hope remarries to a nice caring woman, finds a good job, and lives a happy life.
>>
>>92057252

is anyone on that show?
>>
File: Rick_and_Morty_pixelsandpaint.png (1MB, 1119x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Rick_and_Morty_pixelsandpaint.png
1MB, 1119x1920px
>>92057252
Not really, but he's not half as bad as Rick.
>>
>>92057252
He's not good and he's not bad. He's just a person, like the rest of us, trying to make the best out of situations beyond his understanding and far outside of his comfort zone.
>>
Not really. And though he is not a really bad person, I wish this meek, white guilt milquetoast piece of human garbage a quick and painless death or, barring that, residence 1000 miles from anything from my attention.

Let him be happy, I don't care. As long as I don't have to look at him.
>>
>>92057474
Why so afraid of being confronted with your own repressed mediocrity, anon?
>>
>>92057252
Nope. He's a cuck with an ego the size of California and the fragility of California liberal hipster. He should commit sudoku
>>
>>92057252
He's trying which is more than literally anyone else in he show
>>
He lacks the brains and spine to be good (or evil). He just is, like a worm.
>>
>>92057252
he is one of the least evil characters on the show
>>
>>92057252
He's the only one that sees what a piece of shit Rick is
>>
>>92058451
Actually Morty definitely does too, but he's too attached for his own good.
>>
>>92058508
True
>>
>>92057252
I'm genuinely curious if Jerry will get a sort of redemption arc or if the writers just genuinely hate him.
>>
>>92058650
when beth stops putting him down he has been showed to succeed, he was an A list movie star in an alternate dimension and became a buff alpha during the kronenburg apocalypse. now that he is no longer with beth they could reverse expectation and show him succeeding and having to have beth crawl back to him instead of the other way around. but knowing the writers they'll make him even more of a wimp and shit on him even more.
I hope they don't permanently right him off, he set up a lot of good jokes and his naive stupidity played off of rick's jaded intelligence.
>>
>>92058792
He needs to find his real world Sleepy Gary.
>>
>>92057252
He's a parody of cartoon dads so naturally he's total piece of shit. The difference in Rick and Morty is that his family hates him for being pathetic instead of accepting it like other characters in other cartoons. Like his son, he exists to make Rick look smarter
>>
>>92058792
I would actually really like this too. It would be nice to see the wimp get his shit together and succeed becuase he's no longer in an environment of people who constantly hate him.
>>
>>92057252
He's a panicky, selfish, insecure, inept moron but is a better person than Rick or Beth and actually gives a shit about his kids.

Beth is going to have a hell of a time once she figures out she drove out the only person she can actually feel and act superior to and have them just take it.
>>
>>92057252
No, but he's right.
>>
>>92059493
I hope Beth gets a reality check about Rick this season. Her disappointment in Jerry and obsession in keeping Rick around are pretty much her defining traits at this point.
>>
>>92057252
Of course not. He's in advertising.
>>
>>92057252
left his wife to fend for herself against a hobo. also tried to split the family because he doesnt like Rick. No guy that begs his daughter for spending money should have any say in family matters
>>
>>92057538
t. Rick Sanchez
>>
>>92057252
No, he's a miserable coward and a failure. It's become a bit of a meme to defend him but the truth is he's nothing but a pathetic half man and Morty and Summer deserve better.
>>
no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xNzrA8QXqw
>>
>>92057252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqL9an9gJSw him and Rick are genuinely heroic people, but Jerry doesn't have "being the smartest man ever" thing, so he's stuck with actually risking his life.
>>
File: rickddit.png (196KB, 736x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rickddit.png
196KB, 736x1024px
>all this thread
>>
File: bethesdas character creator.gif (778KB, 752x960px) Image search: [Google]
bethesdas character creator.gif
778KB, 752x960px
He would be okay if he was female.
>>
>>92057668
>he's trying
Sheeeeeeeeiiiyyyt. He ain't trying to find no job. That's fo sho
>>
>>92059979
He WAS in advertising
>>
>>92057252
He is nowhere near as bad as rick though
>>
>>92058650
Its Chris Parnell. He's always been a cuck and so have his roles. Especially Cyril.
>>
>>92059866
She has daddy issues just like every other Hooters waitress or stripper.
>>
>>92060074
Which one turdburglar?
>>
He's not an S-Class Sociopath like Rick is, but he's a sniveling little shitstain.
>>
Hell no.
He's a pathetic coward.
Like, I legitimately can't think of any individual that better encompasses cowardice. He's a sniveling worm who doesn't even have the courage to stand by anything other than bitching.

How the hell he managed to be cool in C-137 is beyond me, with their post apocalyptic cronenbergs and all.
>>
He's not a good person, remotely.

Of the 5 family members, Summer and Morty are the only ones who come close to being good people. But Morty keeps fucking up and thinks with his johnson too much but he actually tries. Summer sent an unpopular girl out to die on a quest during a party but otherwise, she has enough compassion to even give the *devil* a fucking chance.

I sympathize with Beth over Jerry, but neither of them are good by any stretch for different reasons and why even bother going into detail with Rick?

Aside from Mr. Poopybutthole and Birdperson (and even he dated and tried to marry an 18 year old,) no one is a truly good person.
>>
>>92061097
Birdperson is now Phoenixperson
>>
>>92057252
He is pretty harmless really, a bit of a cunt but that's it
Jerry could probably be defeated by a couple angry preschoolers
>>
>>92061097
>and even he dated and tried to marry an 18 year old
I see no problem with this.
>>
>>92061045
I will give him this though, his montage is fucking awesome.

https://youtu.be/5xNzrA8QXqw
>>
>>92060852
his only main characters are cyril and jerry, he mostly does small side characters on a show like being an announcer or something and that talking tax form ad. the only other recurring character he played was dr spaceman on 30 rock and he didn't act like beta there.
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 320x320px
Painfully obvious that he is this generation's Jon Arbuckle from Garfield.

Jon was my favorite Garfield character so I can't complain.
Same goes for Stan.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (4KB, 107x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
4KB, 107x183px
>>92057252
How long until we see him again?
>>
>>92061097
>marry an 18 year old

Nothing wrong with this.
I mean they're a different fucking species for crying out loud.

And she's 200% legal. Except for the species thing I guess.
>>
>>92061184
There was two characters to Garfield unless you count the drooling retard
>>
>>92061216
But Tammy was a fucking Federation spook
>>
>>92061097
why do people think summer is a good person? she always acts like a bitch and will fuck over morty for rick's approval. morty has frequent moral qualms with rick's actions and will go against rick to save people like the cloud guy and purge cat girl. summer would just watch them die if it meant spending time with rick.
>>
The thing is, Jerry is the bad kind of loser.

He's not a 'lovable' loser like Charlie Brown or, shit, even the Tomoko girl from that anime; both of whom at least, no matter how awful they can be or how hard they try, keep getting dumped on by life.

The second Jerry, on the other hand, gives up, constantly settles for mediocrity, and does not try really to do anything to improve himself unless it's handed to him; the deer hunter situation is the only literal exception to this, and is almost out of character compared to the rest of his portrayal.

When he went up against Alien Beth he ultimately deferred to a goddess version of his wife to solve things, but at least there it was his idea.

Seriously though. He loses his job and is never seen applying or trying to get another one; his family's reactions to his behavior imply he hasn't done much, either, in getting back on his feet. He mocks his hard working wife for her job, and dove dozens of Meseeks insane while trying to just give up on a simple golf exercise.

It's not like he was trying the whole time, or we see him attempting improvements. Jerry is not just a loser, he's a poor loser; the kind who won't climb out of their own hole and just whine and complain.
>>
>>92061310
Honestly the Summer/Rick relationship feels almost too cringeworthy
>>
>>92061310
Summer hasn't spend enough time with Rick to truly know how he is like, she has only been exposed to him at his best save one or two times
>>
>>92061403
Its almost like she wants shriveled raisins on her chin
>>
He's the Frank Grimes of the series
>>
Now that jerry is gone beth can become the worst character on the show
>>
>>92064006
>Implying she wasn't already
Although she's definitely gonna get worse now that she's gone full daddy issues.
>>
>>92064106
well she was bad but jerry was still there to exasperate her issues
now she has nothing to blame anything on
>>
Jerry is basically the Anti Rick.

Look at how Cronenberg Beth reacts to her Jerry smashing things.
>>
File: rick.png (442KB, 912x711px) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
442KB, 912x711px
Childhood is thinking you're intelligent and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour like Rick.

Adulthood is realising that Jerry makes more sense.
>>
>>92058451
Shut up, Jerry.
>>
>>92057252
He's decent.
>>
>>92061186
Fine, that´s the world need..another (((nice person)))
>>
>>92064796
Jerry is even worse because while He's trying to tear the family apart, Rick is working to keep the parts that matter together
>>
Jerry is the most realistic and grounded character in the series but he lacks agency and has his own flaws.
Like this anon said >>92062231 he's very similar to Frank Grimes. Someone who is realistic thrown into a cartoon situation but isn't necessarily a good person just because of their situation
>>
>>92064148
>Beth is now a divorced single mother with daddy issues and an alcohol problem
So will she be a stripper next season?
>>
>>92057252
He's not as not good as he could be considering the circumstances.
>>
Jerry is a well intentioned yet ineffectual man, his pedestrian set of flaws would easily be ignored if he was not put in such extraordinary circumstances.
>>
>>92065400
>Rick is working to keep the parts that matter together
You mean the parts that are conducive to his continued prosperity and nothing more. He wants simpering lackies who will provide him with room and board out of which he can conduct his twisted experiments.

If you genuinely believe Rick cares more about the family unit than Jerry or that he's somehow a better person, you're most likely a self-absorbed autist yourself.
>>
>>92057474
>white guilt
Do you project here often?
>>
>>92060852
>He's always been a cuck
You realize that a person's personality is NOT the fictional one the have on TV
Right?
>>
They made him too pathetic and annoying in season 2. I wouldn't mind of he was written out of the show entirely.
>>
>>92057252
Fuck no; nobody from that family is a good person.
>>
>>92065778
He was quoting Gazorpazorpfield.
>>
>>92058650
>woman writers get on board
>literally the first thing they do is show Jerry as happy and competent then shit all over him
>divorce him and make his final act implied crying as Beth drags him out of the house
Yeah, I don't think so. They hate him.
>>
>>92061045
>He's a sniveling worm who doesn't even have the courage to stand by anything other than bitching.

He took a stand. That's why there's a divorce. Neither Rick nor Beth want in their life anyone who can take a stand or actually confront them. They want someone they can feel superior to.
>>
>>92057252
Better than his family.
>>
>>92061357
>Seriously though. He loses his job and is never seen applying or trying to get another one;

He does when Rick and Morty are at the council city. That was how he met turd eater Rick.

It's like half the people on this board don't watch the fucking show.
>>
>>92065722
Not that anon but there are several episodes that made it fairly clear that he's either too dimwitted or too selfish to genuinely notice or care about the emotional state of his family or others- especially when he himself is in a good mood.

>Jerry loving his fake life in season 1's simulation episode; was too stupid to realize things were "off" when everything in the shitty simulation was going his way
>Jerry threatening the alien surgeons at gunpoint to surgically remove and donate his dick to that famous alien peacekeeper
>Jerry completely turning against his son on the whole "Pluto isn't a planet" debate
>Jerry being a happy guy in season 3's first episode - he's completely oblivious to the miserable state of his family or the rest of the world under the federation's control because the said Federation happened to give him a conformist slave-wage job that feeds into his crippling ego via pointless job "promotions"

Jerry and Rick may be opposites in their personalities and mentalities - but at their cores, they have no problem manipulating their family to feed their needs.
>>
>>92067387

TO BE FAIR, Beth was miserable because technology made her jobs obsolete. Horses were now fine without her. That was about her being selfish more than the actual horribleness of the situation.
>>
>>92068237
Summer wasn't happy either, and the episode makes it fairly clear that the federation was doing more harm for the people of earth than good.

Then again I agree with you on Beth - bot she and Jerry are fucking horrible, selfish parents who're more concerned about feeding their own egos than anyone else.
>>
>>92068336

Which is the point. Beth and Jerry are both horrible, but only Beth ever actually catches a break.
>>
>>92068416
That's part of what makes it funny for me. Jerry never catches a break because he's only refuge is attacking the premise of the show. His introductory scene hinges on him doing just that. Despite being a pathetic idiot, Jerry is genre savvy enough to realize the world operates on goofy cartoon logic (except when he's put in an in-universe world that operates on goofy cartoon logic.)

Meanwhile Beth is objectively smarter than him and kinda blunders into always supporting the show's core premise and basic logic. She is never aware she is doing it though. But she's rewarded for doing so.

Morty also realizes that the world operates on goofy cartoon logic. But he's much better than Jerry when it comes to choosing where and when to point it out. The kid's navigating a minefield to keep from ending up dead by accidentally picking the worst possible time to apply his genre savviness.

Summer is a lot like Beth in that she has potential to be objectively smarter than someone like Morty or Jerry and blunders into being protected by the show because most of her complaints are actually little more than fuel for its premise and to further demonstrate its logic.

Rick knows the logic inside and out. He isn't trying to deconstruct it though. He's only interested in reinforcing it while leaving just enough give to bend it to his will when he needs it most.

The show isn't all that deep. But in my opinion its metafictional aims are at least more entertaining than the basic 4th wall breaking we're used to getting in most shows.
>>
File: help_this_nigga.jpg (29KB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
help_this_nigga.jpg
29KB, 300x321px
>>92057252
better than this dude
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
Did Brad Anderson really have rape and mutilation impulses?
>>
>>92060019
This
>>
>>92058508
LITERALLY tried to murder rick in the latest episode
and he didn't regret it after he though he was successful.
>>
I really hope Jerry beats the shit out of Rick at some point in season 3, but I know that will never happen.
>>
>>92070485
I think the showrunners just don't like Marmaduke.
>>
>>92065913
Pretgy sure he's actually been cucked before
>>
>>92066567
I thought Jerrys VA decided quite a lot for Jerrys character
>>
>>92071435
Please stop jerking off to this. Just for Christ sake let this meme DIE.
>>
>>92071687
No
>>
>>92071280
Figures. All they can write is piss, shit, and dick jokes; nothing to match the sublime surrealism of Marmaduke.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 158x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 158x180px
>>92069023
That was a whole load of text that amounted to absolutely nothing, good job.
>>
No he's a fucking atrocious person. There are no good members of the Smith family, they are all terrible.
>>
He's good, but not a good person.
>>
>>92057252
Nobody is a good person
>>
>>92057252
How did go from such a massive drop in quality between Season 1 and 2
1 actually got some good laughs out of me, and mixed it's sad moments and character development really well
Then Season 2 just went up it's own ass with faux philosophy bullshit, "feels" moments, and overall wasn't nearly as funny
And it just looks like Season 3's gonna be even worse
>>
>>92076617
The premise does not lend itself to a lengthy run, plus they've been too reliant on gags to do any decent worldbuilding and the entire show only has two characters the viewers can remotely care about. It's like TNG with nothing but Q and Picard. Shit gets old quick no matter how much you like either of them.
>>
>>92057301
who will marry a leech?
>>
>>92069023

That's the biggest load of horseshit I've seen since I dropped TVtropes.
>>
>>92076617
Maybe it's just the fact that I didn't watch the show until a few months ago and avoid all of the anti-reddit drama that supposedly surrounded during season 2's airing - but I thought season 2 was better at large, especially in its latter half. It finally feels like the character development is going somewhere after season 2's finale and season 3's premiere - I'm just hoping that they continue to properly develop this with season 3.

But seeing how the season 3 premiere essentially rushed Rick's escape from galatic prison AND the destruction of both the Council of Ricks and the Galactic Federation - I'm not so sure. They just killed off a ton of worldbuilding potential right then and there.
>>
>>92076806
He will have to knock up another girl in high school and ruin her life too
>>
>>92065722
Jerry is a free loading shit that begs his children for money and thinks Pluto is a planet
>>
I know it's not canon/alternative dimension but in official comics he attempts to give up his children to some random cat robot that showed up in front of his door surprising him
>>
>>92060937
The one not currently in a Superman costume, waiting in a closet, RICK.
>>
>>92057538
Several things. Cuck how? Beth is the least fucked female in the show. Why California for the size? Alaska and Texas are kuch bigger states. Also, his ego is more like glass. Seriously, you toss a hipster and he gets mad/upset. You toss glass and it breaks. We've seen Jerry break soooo often in the show.
>>
>>92065400
Since fucking when? He uses all of them for his own needs whenever it pleases him. He has Beth as a crying pathetic daddy's girl who will do anything for hin to stay. Summer wants his approval because she's somehow jealous of Morty, so he doesn't even have to try impressing her. Fuck, Morty is the closest you will get to someone Rick keeps control of who TRIES to do the right thing. One of the only reasons he keeps him around is because he is a Morty. Keeps his mistakes from when he was solo away, since he now has a brain goalie.
>>
>>92066567
>She divorced him
... idiot.
>>
>>92066803
Plus he was pretty excited to get his job in season 2's finale
>>
>>92073234
I think the closest you get is Morty. A teenage boy who thibks with his dick waaay too much. Still, he tries harder than anyone else in the show.
>>
He's not a good person, but between him, Rick, and Beth, he's got the most potential to change.

His main flaws are that he's disgustingly cowardly and self-centered. However, when shit hits the fan, like the love potion or marriage counseling episode, he's able to man up and work past those flaws temporarily. Jerry literally becomes a better person the worse off his circumstances are.

Being married to a breadwinner wife and having a father-in-law with god-like inventions enables his shittiness. Divorce was the best thing that could've happened to him.

Meanwhile, how will Beth's life improve from divorce? She's probably just gonna sleep around with a bunch of Chads that excite her for a little while until she realizes how empty her life is. Even in "better" realities, she's still a miserable alcoholic no matter how much she succeeds. Beth is just a miserable bitch.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.