[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Only one good song (Shes my collar) >Half of Out Of Body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 35

File: 1200x630bb.jpg (60KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bb.jpg
60KB, 630x630px
>Only one good song (Shes my collar)
>Half of Out Of Body is good before the second half shits the bed
Yeesh, what happened?
>>
>>92048652

Russel and 2-D look more like a gorillas than noodle and murdoc.

Why is murdoc so handsome AND not green?
>>
There was no need for every single song to have some no name get a guest verse.
But for as bad as those guys are, the surprise let down is Damon himself. Comes across as really over indulgent and moody in this album. Theres no ne of the fun we saw in DD or even PB
>>
>>92048652
Damon became a control freak who refuses to work with a producer
>>
Jamie should just ditch the whole project.
>>
Meme band from the 2000's
>>
go back to /mu/ faggot
>>
File: 1490618124797.png (389KB, 693x798px) Image search: [Google]
1490618124797.png
389KB, 693x798px
>>92048652
And here I thought the album was going to okay. I was wrong.
>>
>mfw Circle of Friendz came on for the first time

I get its a critcism of facebook culture , but it's hard to have criticism on the level of Feel Good and Dirty Harry when the entire song has one lyric
>>
>>92048652
Yeah, Shes my Collar is the only song that sounds remotely like a Demon Days track
>>
>>92048652
Damon is a fucking faggot that's what. It's basically all guests, no damon and all black rap rnb shit wihtout any of the alt/trance/tech shit. Rap and Synths ayyyyyyyyy lmao
>>
>>92048863
Fucking this desu. Damon might be becoming a hack but Jamie has SOME talent left unsquandered that's better spent else where.
>>
>>92049015
I liked it for the 2D/Noodle vibes.
>>
I like the album, it's not their best but it's not the worst either. Hell, I even like half of the songs on The Fall. A lot of the tracks are pretty forgettable but the ones that are good are great.
The only tracks I didn't really like that much were
>Carnival
>Sex Murder Party
>Hallelujah Money
>Halfway To The Halfway House
>Out Of Body
And the only reason I really dislike Out Of Body in the first place is because songs that are directly about sex feel out of place and tasteless in most albums unless they're played as humor. For anyone who's more of an alt-rock fan they're not going to like this album much, but I tolerate/like rap so I thought it was alright.
Overall a solid 7.5/10.
Demon Days > D Sides > Gorillaz > Plastic Beach = Humanz > The Fall
>>
Is Damon's voice gone? Seems like every song has him singing into a webcam mic.
>>
>>92049090
Even the fall has some gems like Revolving Doors, Bobby in Phoenix, and Little Pink Plastic bags.
>>
>>92049090
>but it's not the worst either
Name one album that was ANYWHERE near worse
>>
Since a mod is probably going to delete this, can we get some kind of official fucking statement from the administration whether Gorillaz is /co/ or not? As in, a sticky of some kind? Christ.

Album is okay, not amazing, but if you only listened to it once you should go back and relisten. Almost every single track will grow on you.
>>
>>92048652
So how does it stack up with the other albums?

Better than the last one or worse? I was a little disappointed with Plastic Beach because of too many song collaborations and tracks that you'd expect to hear in a D-sides. Just one or two songs were pretty good.

Demon Days is still my favorite one.
>>
>>92049146
Most of the album is collabs. Does that mean it's bad? No, not really. The collabs are pretty well done most of the time.
Demon Days > D Sides > Gorillaz > Plastic Beach = Humanz > The Fall
>>
>>92048652
I like it
>>
>>92049115
>>92049142
This!
>>
>>92048652
While I'll agree with you that She's My Collar is the best thing on that album, I must disagree with it being the only good thing.
>Busted and Blue
>Saturnz Barz
>Strobelite
>The Apprentice
>Charger
>>
>>92049007
Circle of friendz may just be the worst song theyve ever made and thats including charger
>>
>>92049021
This pretty much. Gorrilaz cover a lot of genres, but Ive never listened to them to hear rnb soul music, its so jarring
>>
I really am the only one loved the album, ain't I?
>>
File: 1365831124.jpg (34KB, 200x238px) Image search: [Google]
1365831124.jpg
34KB, 200x238px
>>92049142
>@92049121
>>
>>92049090
Id rank Plastic Beach above this. I know a lot of people didnt like it but songs like Rhinestone Eyes, Melancholy Hill, Empire Ants, Welcome to Plastic Beach etc save it for me.

Humanz has maybe or or two songs on that level and they dont save this album.
>>
its all fucking rap garbage. not even catchy rap, the kind of /mu/ pretend to like it for indie cred shit that is like 5 years old now. its just behind the times.
>>
Honestly, the newest Oasis albumn he did sounds more like a Gorrilaz albumn than this
>>
>>92050168
Rap is wasted on rappers

Hail Mary Mallon is the one true god
>>
I think their best song overall is "Bobby in Phoenix."
The album is an easy listen for me. Charger is by far the best song on the album, for me. I didn't have to force myself to like the album, but there song on there that I didn't dig. I also felt that it was too long. It was the some problem that I have recent Kid Cudi albums. Plastic Beach was long, but I felt that it worked; a lot of the songs transitioned well into the other
>>
>>92050183
Im glad Im not the only one who thought this. "There are too many of us" was a total Gorillaz track
>>
>>92049237

Id even put Ascension and Let me out on that list. Both are let down by the guest artists throwing political shit into the songs and that the verses that have it are extremely blatant int their political messaging and take you out of the song. Which is a shame because both have some good shit too them.

This album out of all of them feels less like the Gorillaz are a band and more of a brand instead. Like Gorillaz are just going hey guest artist want a song here come on our album sing it and 2d will do a chorus or verse for you.
>>
>>92050131
I didn't mind it. But I wasn't expecting the second coming of Gorillaz.
>>
>>92049146
>Plastic beach had too many collaborations
Then youre gonna hate this. Pretty much every track is dominated by a guest, and Damon in genrally is barely heard in this album. It sucks
>>
>>92050121
>rnb soul music

This totally could have worked i think the guest artists and focus of the album let it down.
>>
>>92050223
Acension brought it'self together.
>>
Hobestly, Im surprised the guys who made Dirty Harry, ITS DARE and 19-2000 made this.
You could argue whether its trash or not that bad, but no one can argue that its anywhere close to quality of what they used to make
>>
I liked The Fall
>>
>>92049124
It's /co/, dude. We talk about Gorillaz all the time. They're animation expressed through a medium other than series or films, and that's a unique expression worthy of discussion on an animation forum. I get that this thread is about the musical content, but given that a long-awaited album just came out, I'd say that's to be expected. Once we start seeing more music videos, we'll start seeing more animation discussion.
>>
>>92050223
Apprentice was also pretty political. From the name to the refrain.
>>
File: 1483317215516.jpg (52KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
1483317215516.jpg
52KB, 600x334px
>>92050131
Nah, I like it way more than most seem to. I get why some people wouldn't like most of the songs due to how the guest artists seemed to overshadow the Gorillaz themselves, but any talk about how political bullshit ruins this album is nothing but garbage. They've ALWAYS been political in their music, you were probably just didn't notice.
>>
Album should have ended on Ticker Tape
Also shouldn't have released Saturnz Barnz, etc. early.
>>
>still no sole shots of Noodle
>>
File: 1486343293968.jpg (816KB, 1332x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1486343293968.jpg
816KB, 1332x2048px
Even more "[Artist] feat. Gorillaz" rather than "Gorillaz feat. [Artist]", than Plastic Beach
>>
>>92048652
We only use /co/ to talk about the animations of Gorillaz. If you want to talk about the music itself you should go to >>>/mu/
>>
File: 1485015163162.png (338KB, 398x410px) Image search: [Google]
1485015163162.png
338KB, 398x410px
>>92050545
>going to >>>/mu/
>>
>>92048652
>she's my collar
you misspelled busted and blue
>>
>>92048652
I liked Andromeda
>>
Not enough Gorillaz on this Gorrilaz album. Similar problem with Plastic Beach, but the difference is the Hunanz guests suck ass
>>
My main complaint is that this album needed more Damon. I know Gorillaz is his collab-project, but even Plastic Beach had more 2-D vocals than this.

My favourites are
>Strobelight
>Ticker Tape
>She my collar (The best song on this album)
>Busted and Blue
>Andromeda
>Submission, before Danny Brown rapes it
>>
>>92050628
Mopey and dull
>>
>>92048652
The first half of Out of Body IS catchy, but the fact Gorillaz - of all people - have released a "Drinking in the club!" song is incredibly sad
>>
>>92050131
It was pretty good.

>>92049237
Second half of The Apprentice sucks ass.
>>
>>92051292
New black king
>>
>Be black
>like rap
>like gorillaz
>This album is heavy handed in politico with WE WUZ KANGS, anti-cop, antifa.
That's that shit I don't like. Gorillaz officially deaD? What happened to fun music with light political views or have I been missing their true agenda?
>>
>>92048652
Andromeda
Busted And Blue
Charger
Strobe Lite
Carnival
Submission
We Got The Power
Halfway To The Halfway House
Out of Body
I like Apprentice, Let Me Out, Saturnz Barz & Momentz but it's not for everyone.
>>
Seriously? I think Collar is one of the weaker tracks.
>>
>>92050194
>their best song is "Bobby In Phoenix"
Might as well just be a Bobby Womack song.

Glad he got one last album in and contributing to Stylo before he passed
>>
ticker tape is the best song for me. everything just mesh well and its actually a gorillaz feat artist song
>>
i thought the album is ok but i hate that they're practically the backup band in their own album.

it's kinda funny how they had songs that criticize generic pop bands and yet they've pretty much have become a generic pop band

>>92050223
i felt like most of the album had some sort of political message to it

i tend to just ignore them since 90% of celebrities don't really know what they're talking about in that department
>>
>>92051402
>What happened to fun music with light political views or have I been missing their true agenda?

Trump literally driving everyone crazy because all media scaring them into thinking hes undoing any progress society has made and turning the world back over 100 years.
>>
File: godlike.png (1MB, 1266x1263px) Image search: [Google]
godlike.png
1MB, 1266x1263px
Busted and blue made me bust a nut
>>
>>92051226
This pretty much. When the guy starts chiming in the back going "Brep! Brep! Brep!" I couldnt belive I was actually listening to a Gorillaz song
>>
>>92048652
Idk not much?
Personally enjoyed most of it.
>>
>>92051422
>We got the power
Shouldve been called We wuz kangz the way it was written
>>
>>92051436
Seriously? None o the other songs are even good
>>
I liked the album.
So far my favorites are Andromeda, Charger, Momentz, and Ascension.
I wish they'd go back to their old style though. By that I mean the guest features.
Old Gorillaz had a few, but mostly original songs. Plastic Beach had mostly guest features, but still a handful of original songs.
This album is 99% guest features. Literally only one original song... Still a great album though.
>>
>>92050223
Gorillaz has always been political. Don't lie to yourself.
>>
>>92052127
They were political with good music. Now half of that is true
>>
>>92052127
Yeah but never in a controversial way. Did anyobe disagree with the anti-consumerism songs like Feel Good? The criticism of how soliders are used and abused in Dirty Harry? The free tibet shit?

Nah not really. This BLM and AntiFa stuff in Humanz? Yeah, people are gonna have a problem with that; especially cause of how violent and despised those groups are.
>>
>>92052127

Theres political then theres literally saying Obama twice within 10 seconds then saying Obamas gone the devil is in office and trumps making deals. Im worried the police are going to murder me because im black. Wipe my ass on the flag you can live you dreams if you don't look like me.

When your political messaging is too blatant it takes people out of the song.
>>
>>92048652
You grew and your taste changed.
>>
>>92052270
Not at all. I still love Gorillaz and Demon days is my favourite album of all time.

This is just unappealing. Wouldnt have liked it back then dont like it now
>>
File: 1493614065677.jpg (117KB, 1438x957px) Image search: [Google]
1493614065677.jpg
117KB, 1438x957px
>relisten to first album
> wonder what Deltron is up to these days
> search
> he did the opening song for Battleborn
https://youtu.be/qynvqI3Y-d0

>mfw
>>
>>92052264
Whats hilarious is Trump has never actually done anything to alienate black people.
Women? Sure. Muslims? Defibitely. Mexicans? Check plus.

Never once bad mouthed or put off the black community. Hell, a decent number of black people voted for him.

So it just comes across as pathetic when these movements are yelling "Trump hates black people! Hes going to hunt us down!" Like they wanna be in with the cool oppressed crowd. Same with LGBT. Did you know that Trump is the first president to openly support Gay marraige from the start if his position? That hes the secobd to support it at all? But when he was voted in it was all "Stay safe guys, well protect you, hes not going to take our rights from us!!"

Its one big game of opression olynpics.
>>
>>92048652
Fuck you, Strobelite and Submission are good and We Got the Power is okay.
>>
>>92052347

That is far fucking better than Battleborn deserves.
>>
>>92052401
I mean, youre wrong but okay. Thatd still only be three good songs on one album
>>
File: Savage_931b78_6245874.jpg (176KB, 631x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Savage_931b78_6245874.jpg
176KB, 631x1080px
>>92052408
Yes, I get to post this again
>>
>>92052127
Yeah, but the songs they made about it were good.
>>
>>92052426
>>
>>92052396

It honestly feels like any white president that came in after him would be disliked by a portion of them because to them they are taking away Obama. The fact its a republican and Donald Trump after Obama somehow just makes them go crazy like he murdered Obama and took his spot and declared Lynching no longer a crime.
>>
>>92050497
Wrong.

Demon days from the album name to. Is the of the content was political and still great.
>>
>>92052248
Politics are always controversial otherwise they wouldn't be politics. Also the BLM shit is pretty typical black angst prevalent in hip hop long before BLM came along. Not really picking up any antifa shit.
>>
>>92048691
>Jamie Principle
>No name

If you listen to house music you should know who he is.
>>
>>92052396
Preoffice Trump did some shit and no. More Latinos physically and percentage wise voted for Trump than Blacks.
>>
>>92052396
Well its more the people he has around him, like Jeff Sessions
>>
>>92049021
>trance and techno

They never did any of that. Ever. The closest things you'll get to those were the house songs on the album, and in the past, DARE/People.
>>
>>92052669
Wasn't it mostly non-Mexican Latinos who voted for him, like Cubans?
>>
>>92052396
I found this after a few minutes of googling: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trumps-courtship-of-black-voters-hampered-by-decades-of-race-controversies/2016/07/19/d9822250-4d2e-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

So yeah, Trump has been a dick to black folk too.
>>
>Ascension
>Strobelight
>Saturnz Barz
>Let Me Out
>Submission
>We Got The Power
>Out of Body

Second half of the album really took a dive, and while I liked even some of the most political songs on their own, the whole tone of the album felt off, like it inappropriately dominated every aspect. Quit moaning about Trump and just make good music first and foremost; political points alone don't make a good album good. It's the least Gorillaz Gorillaz album to the point that I don't know why it's even called Gorillaz.

Weakest album to be sure. Even the songs I liked or thought we're catchy didn't live up to their previous work. Do Ya Thing was fucking great. What happened since then?
>>
File: 4335225.jpg (73KB, 483x428px) Image search: [Google]
4335225.jpg
73KB, 483x428px
>>92052775
>Washington Post
The guys been around for decades and only seriously gets called racist when he runs as a Republican. Really makes you think.
>>
File: Areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg (35KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
35KB, 620x465px
>/pol/ shitting up another thread
>>
>>92052864

Every fucking time
>>
>>92052864
To be fair, Its Gorillaz own fault
>>
>>92052844
nah he was called a racist before it's just nobody gave a shit because he was a goofy meme billionaire.
>>
>>92050497
It isn't that they can't handle politics, they just don't agree, and thus blindly dislike it instead of trying to connect with or at least listen to what's being said. Almost hypocritical.
>>
>>92048652
Which songs would you guys like to see turned into videos?
>>
>>92053193
Charger, She's My Collar, and Momentz
>>
>>92052864
Trump winning was a mistake.
Now it'll be 4 years until these twats finally sink back into their cesspool
>>
>>92048872
This.

Always has been, always will be
>>
>>92052844
Trump has participated in housing discrimination and casual racism for years on end. Jeff Sessions, the Attorney General, has been involved in multiple scandals that limited his past federal career opportunities because of his racist behavior and rhetoric.

It's not like all of this is coming out of nowhere despite how much you may not want to hear it.
>>
File: NoodPhase4.png (2MB, 1080x2425px) Image search: [Google]
NoodPhase4.png
2MB, 1080x2425px
>>92053481
Oh anon, it doesn't fucking end. And you know it fucking doesn't end.
I bet you think the bitching about Trump ends then too.
It doesn't.
It
doesn't
fucking
end

>>92053193
Out of Body if only because the likelihood of Noodle leading a slutty Satanic ritual
>>
>>92050131
Nah, I loved it from the demos to now.
>>
>>92052347
The thing is, that intro and song is pretty fucking good.
It doesn't match the game at all, it's so weird to me.
I liked it before I even knew it was him.
>>
>>92053193
Submission so we can contextualize the faggot who interrupts the song halfway and turns it into baboon babble.
>>
>>92052426
Pfft fuck that's savage
>>
>>92049060
I've been on this ship for 12 years...I want to get off but I don't know how.
I've been called many insults for liking the ship, yet still I can't leave.
Tell me friend. do you think Jamie or Damon will throw us a bone?

There's a T.V series coming out in year...just one ship tease and I can leave in peace.
>>
It's an amazing album back to front. Not a single dud, and the cohesive whole works beautifully. They're four for four, and have solidified their status as the greatest of all time. It makes perfect sense that an album about dancing together through the dark times would be instantly rejected by our meme-culture, as anything that isn't immediately digestible gets regurgitated for being too challenging. Non-shitposters who think they dislike it will be walking back their words in six months to a year.
>>
So far the only songs I don't like are Sex Murder Party, She's My Collar, and Hallelujah Money. Even then I still listen to the first two.
I still need to listen to the bonus tracks.
>>
>>92054413
Doubtful.
The songs I didn't like in Plastic Beach I still don't like.
I don't see myself coming around on these.
>>
>>92048652
>Yeesh, what happened?

What do you mean, "what happened?" 1/3 of Plastic Beach was garbage, only one song on The Fall was listenable, and this album was the same. This should not have been a surprise to you.
>>
Reminder jamie got shafted by damon on plastic beach and we were supposed to get 4 music videos.
>>
>>92054695
I thought he got shafted by EMI because the album was underpeforming.
>>
>>92054473
Maybe try listening to them more than once.
>>
>>92054710
Technically both of them since damon blew the budget on the live performances.
>>
>>92054695
Jamie got pissed at Damon because he wasn't caring much about the animation side of the project and his ego was getting way too big. Then they both shafted by EMI because of budget issues and the album under performing which is what stopped them finishing the Rhinestone Eyes and the next video
>>
>>92054723
Did it with Plastic Beach. Didn't come around.
I'll probably do it with Humanz and do the same.
It just wasn't a very good album.
I don't hate the music it's just really boring and forgettable.
>>
>>92054789
You're either shitposting or have no idea what you are talking about if you think the music is boring.
>>
>>92054921
That or I just have a different opinion from you and wasn't feeling a majority of the tracks.
Though I guess that's what you'd define as shitposting.
>>
The music feels lazy and uninspired for the most part. Vince Staples kills it on a track with a lame hook and a meh beat. What I want to know is how you gonna put him on the first track and then try and get these whack rappers to try and follow him. Gorillaz has always been about the features and who the fuck are these people? Weak sauce.

I liked the tracks they released before the record dropped. I was hype. maybe I need to give it a few more spins, but I am disappoint
>>
>>92050131
It's good, but middle road for me.
>>
>>92051402
they've always been political
but this album especially
>>
>>92054990
>>92055009
Music is subjective, but you know very little about it if you call what the Gorillaz do boring or lazy.
>>
>>92051402
THE WAR WAS OVER SO SAID THE SPEAKER
>>
>>92049007
>>92050109
Did you not listen to Momentz

Jesus christ I was this close to just dropping the thing right there.
>>
The best Gorillaz album:The one that came out while you were in highschool
The worst Gorillaz album:The one that came out after that
>>
>>92055201
Jokes on you my favorite came out while I was in college.
Funding thing went into my car's disc slot and wasn't taken out for 2 years.
>>
>>92055201
Demon Days=Plastic Beach>Gorillaz>G-Sides>The Fall=Humanz
>>
>>92055120
Gorillaz and Plastic Beach are two of my go-to albums to this day. Demon Days is good, but it puts me in this weird, high school state of mind from when I played that shit all the time.

I'm not talking about that music. I'm talking about the music released on the 28th. It's lacking. If you compare it to their old stuff it's lacking. If you compare it to what's going on in hip-hop today, it's lacking. If your method of discussing music is to put down people who disagree, you can suck an egg.
>>
>>92055201
You could easily make an argument for any one of them being the best. It's probably the best four album stretch ever.
>>
>>92051402
>or have I been missing their true agenda?
This album is by far their most blatant, but they've always been political. Demon Days was created as a product of the Bush Administration and Plastic beach was actually created to talk about the issues of pollution.
>>
>>92050131
I loved it. I know it's just getting clout for being different. I feel as though it will grow on a lot of people. I didn't like The Fall intially, then after a while I really got into it.

Imho Humanz was a successful album, maybe a bit underwhelming but I genuinely enjoyed it.
>>92050147
>not understanding @ posts
fucking retard. He didn't want to give the guy a (you).
>>
>>92055009
>wack rappers
Danny Brown is a wack rapper? What the fuck?
>>
>>92055336
It's not a hip-hop album, it's a pop album. The level of production, attention to detail, sense of flow, amount of challenging and surprising moments, and pure musicality is directly in line with everything they've put out so far. Get some good headphones, turn off your screens, and just listen to the album.
>>
>>92054417
the bonus tracks are honestly fucking great.
>>
>>92055120
>Music is subjective but you did it wrong
>>
>>92052775
>“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza — black guys counting my money!” O’Donnell’s book quoted Trump as saying. “I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else. .

gotta admit that was pretty funny
>>
>>92055476
Keep reading 'til the end of the sentence next time fucko.
>>
>>92055530
I did, that's the exact part that says my opinion that most of Humanz was boring is wrong somehow.
>>
>>92049038
Reading about their relationship, I feel fucking bad for Jamie that he has to put up with a cunt like Damon. Dude is coasting off the success of the band but not even trying to implement Jamie's contributions.

Damon doesn't deserve Jamie.
>>
>>92055344
You could make an argument for Humanz not being absolute shit but you couldn't argue it's the best
>>
>>92055562
I think he was referring to
>lazy
which besides Hallelujah Money, is not true. The production value alone, the style, the revolutionary difference in this album, is anything but lazy.

Hallelujah Money was interesting but they literally used a basic FL studios drum kit.
>>
>>92055562
No, it's not wrong, it's ignorant. If you said "I recognize the level of craftmanship and respect the insane singularity of the album but don't care for it," that's peachy. You said it was boring.
>>
>>92055645
It's still early days. I feel comfortable saying it's just as much of a sonic adventure as any of the other albums and squarely fits into the discography. Time will tell, all I know is that I have a hard time not listening to it all the way through when I decide to put on a random song.
>>
File: YTl2Nfd.jpg (221KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
YTl2Nfd.jpg
221KB, 1000x1000px
>>92048652
Anyone else kind of bummed out that they didn't do a new kind of album art for HUMANZ?

The Demon Days/Let It Be callback was nice, but every album cover preceding this one had its own distinct look (Gorillaz, Demon Days, Plastic Beach, etc.) so it would have been nice for this one to have a distinct image as well.
>>
>>92055956
Same but Damon just....really wants to be the Beatles.
>>
>>92055009
Jesus Christ, this. For an album that was trying to go with a more contemporary vibe they really shat the bed when it came to picking out good, relevant rappers. Vince Staples and Push were a good get, but Push is so misplaced on his track. Couldn't they have gotten someone like Chance or Kendrick to feature? Y'know, rappers that are culturally relevant? Yeesh
>>
>>92052396
He was known to actively prevent housing of black people in the 70s and 80s
>>
>>92050131
I liked it but it's definitely not Damon's A-game
>>
>>92052426
Holy shit that's straight up murder
>>
>>92048667
>Why is murdoc so handsome AND not green?
He comissioned the art?
>>
File: IMG_8793.jpg (57KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8793.jpg
57KB, 680x684px
>they plan on making a show after releasing this dogshit album
>>
>>92057952
Saturnz Bars had a great video though.

You guys see they did a video for Pandora?
>>
>>92057952
I trust hewlett to make the show decent. However I dont want damon anywhere near
>>
>>92052396
Trump's views on black people range from apathetic to ignorant as far as I know. It's like we're this giant monolith that he doesn't really know how to approach, so he repeats the same stuff about "inner cities" and telling black people they don't have much to lose by voting for him. It's mostly the people he surrounds himself with, like Jeff Sessions, that's pretty concerning.
Interestingly enough, he has the lowest percentage of the black vote of anyone running against another white candidate. Naturally Romney and McCain were going to have a very low percentage since they were running against Obama, but Trump has bragged time and time again about the black vote as if he completed smashed it.
>>
>>92054037
That's Mr. Danny Brown for you, please show respect.
Joking aside he was pretty misplaced on the album but he's a pretty great rapper nonetheless. Check out his first mixtape XXX.
>>
Why do they have such a following?
>>
>>92059425
The whole virtual band concept coupled with their often eclectic music.
>>
>>92056040

Kind of ironic considering where the name of the band came from
>>
>>92059425
It's the best pop music of the past 15 years by a ridiculous margin.
>>
Damon's main stake in politics is his fervent anti war beliefs so when he has nothing to say about continued intervention overseas for Plastic Beach it comes off as less genuine and more "the only thing wrong with the world is republican us presidents "
>>
>>92060449
Even Republicans are, in hindsight at times although some not, against us starting the "War On Terror" or whatever history will eventually call the whole mess.

This echoes the sentiment of many Americans. Against new or expanding conflicts, but also against another Vietnam style pullout. Likewise, a complete withdrawal from America's role as Red Foreman of the world is something the mainstream of both parties are against as well.

His position echoes the popular vote pretty well. Pun sort of intended.
>>
>>92051357
I honestly hate that style of rap where it's nothing but lazy talking, and he just repeats the same lines over and over again like he can't figure out a rhyme to save his life
really is a shame to have a nice track ruined like that, because I like the other 2 verses and the chorus is good
>>
>>92049021
>alt/trance/tech

That's some shit taste. I agree synth isn't good though
>>
>>92051402
Most of the backlash for Humanz came from people who already hate rap, or were too young to notice that Gorillaz was always political. Needless to say, it's very silly
>>
>>92054417
>Hates best song
>Thibks the rest of the shit songs are good

Literal garbage taste
>>
>>92055120
Not that anon, this album was boring. Very dull, a lot of the guests drone on. Worst subgenre of rap.
>>
>>92052248
>Yeah but never in a controversial way

What you mean is never in a way that made you feel uncomfortable
>>
>>92055201
Demons days was obviously their best, no one can argue that.
I actually really enjoyed Plastic Beach, and even found something to like in the rushed "The Fall".

This? Mediocre. Listened to it multiple times now and its not becoming any less of a boring album. Im wondering whether Damon just slapped the Gorillaz name on it to get his experimental rap, rnb project some attention
>>
>>92055812
>I'll only listen to your opinion if you grovel and pander to me by overly complimenting the album with each criticism. Oh and its absolutely impossible that you could find the album boring
>>
File: 1492999254399.gif (437KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1492999254399.gif
437KB, 300x222px
>>92055186
First half of Momentz is incredible. The moment it gets electronic is where it fails
>>
>>92058037
>Great video
Those alien ghosts looked horrendously shit
>>
>>92064255
It'll be in 2D, dumbshit
>>
>>92063833
Ths is just a straight lie used to control the damage.
Listened to Gorillaz since day one, know their political agenda, fan of rap and hip hop. So you can believe me when I say these songs are lifeless and shit.
>>
>>92049090

this is the worst Gorillaz album ranking I've ever seen
>>
>>92064003
What I mean is they never sided with violent groups before.
It was all vanillia shit, babys first liberalism. Now their siing with people who openlu advocate glassing people for attending talks for people they disagree with.
>>
>>92064288
Yeah I know it will.
But you said the video looked great.

It didnt.
>>
>>92048652
Nut the best song was Let Me Out, by far.

My main complaints were:
Not enough Damon solo stuff
Too many songs sound the same
Too intensive, barely any softer stuff
>>
>>92051292
>>92051357
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/eCyX3INj/file.htmlhere's the apprentice without the rap part if you guys want it
>>
>>92064372
No, I did. That's a different person.

But if you recall, 19-2000 wasn't a great video compared to all the others either.

Although BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH is the worst.
>>
>>92048652
You got into a novelty band, you get novelty music.
>>
>>92048652
>be Damon Albarn
>big name in the British entertainment industry, which is notorious for endemic pedophilia and sex rituals
>never speak out against any of this
>never say a word against a certain politician heavily linked to global sex trafficking rings
>but be very vocally against her political opponent
>have a pet project cartoon band featuring a young Japanese girl who's been heavily sexualized since she was eight years old in-universe
>release a new album where she's featured singing about needing to put "plastic on the ceiling" because her squirt game is so good
>new album also includes tracks like Sex Murder Party, She's My Collar, and Out Of Body

Also
>unambiguous BLM references in multiple songs (openly funded by Soros)
>openly supports the White Helmets and collaborated with them with marketing, despite the mounting evidence that they're just a propaganda group

I'd say there's worse problems afoot than the songs on the new album simply being shit.
>>
>>92048652
So after their first album I've only ever sporadically checked in on this "band"

Do they ever come close to a Clint Eastwood sounding song again?
>>
>>92064300
You don't singlehandedly disprove a god damn thing, anon
>>
this thread just proves that /co/'s taste in music is just as bad as its tastes in comics, movies and cartoons
>>
Monkey
>>
>>92064618
Damon has little say in Noodle though, and Noodle was 13 and not sexualized in any way in the first phase.
>>
>>92064688
Yes, about half of their second album and most of the first. A few in the third. None really in this one though.
>>
File: Delete this Frank Drebin.jpg (23KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
Delete this Frank Drebin.jpg
23KB, 480x351px
>>92064618
>release a new album where she's featured singing about needing to put "plastic on the ceiling" because her squirt game is so good

Don't ever talk about my daughter like this again!
>>
>>92064618
What song does Noodle sing in?
>>
>>92065210
Momentz
>>
>>92064618
Noodle is only sexualized after she becomes an adult, so that point holds no weight
>>
ALL MY LOIF
>>
Out Of Body was neat.
>>
>>92065333
[Pixelation Intensifies]
>>
File: 1471921712472.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1471921712472.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
>>92064618
>>
>>92065286
>>92064922
You can argue that she isn't sexualised in Phase One (although pop culture context is such that any young Japanese schoolgirl is seen as something inherently sexual), but she undeniably is from Phase Two onwards, and she is very much still underage in both Phase Two and Three.
>>
Ascension
Momentz
Charger
Andromeda
Let Me Out
The Apprentice
Ticker Tape

No, OP just has shit taste
>>
This is now a Muse thread
>>
>>92055956
A little bit, yeah. The photorenders are cool but they could have been doing something interesting instead of just getting face-framed.

The album was great, the perfect balance for me of pop and "challenge". You may disagree with me but that's, like, my opinion, man. I don't know why people are expecting Gorillaz to do the same thing twice at this point, after four preceding albums that all sound radically different from each other.

Also for all the bootyblasted trumptardlets on here, Damon goaded all the collaborators into envisioning a future where Trump landed the presidency waaaaay back when the concept of him even securing the Republican nom was a joke. Not his fault he ended up winning.
>>
>>92065286
Yeah.

She's my age man.

>>92065562
I don't see it in any way in phase 1. I don't know how it can even be seen at any point that way.

Phase 2 I don't see either unless you're kebab and all dancing is haram sexual.

Phase 3 is a robot. You can argue Murdoc is fucking the robot, but its still not her. She says in an interview she comforts 2D when he has a nightmare, Russel when he has panic attacks, and Murdoc when he has a bad trip, but sex would make the latter two a lot worse.

Phase 4 she's the age 2D and Murdoc were in phase 1. Its fine now.
>>
File: JuiceBoxes.jpg (105KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
JuiceBoxes.jpg
105KB, 500x731px
>>
>>92064618
She's singing about Del's place, not her own experiences.

Considering the shit she's seen Murdoc do, its pretty normal.
>>
>>92065562
She was an adult in Phase 3. That's 2008 at the earliest, and she was born in 1990
>>
>>92065856
She was 13 in 1999 though.
>>
>>92052426
I actually liked Battleborn when it first came out(it ruined itself through hamhanded attempts at "balance" though) and I can still agree that is some wonderful savagery
>>
>>92065736
I don't know if it's willful ignorance on your part, but young Japanese girls are very much inherently sexualised. It's the fact that she /had/ to be a little kid and /specifically/ Japanese that should set off alarm bells.

Phase Two brings in the genetically engineered super soldier trope, as well as the "mature and wise beyond her years" trope, both of which have plenty of sexual connotations in pop culture.

Phase Three is a robot, yes, and very subservient to Murdoc. Another blatantly sexualised trope. Even though it's not the real Noodle, why would her creators use her image like that? (Hint: it's fapbait). And you have the real Noodle, still a super soldier, running around in zettai ryouiki which is a very specifically Japanese fetish.
>>
>>92065896
The band started around 1999, so that would make even less sense with >>92064618
>>
>>92065736
>>92065856
The "jail-bait wait" also has pedophilic connotations
>>
File: 1489684237317.jpg (48KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1489684237317.jpg
48KB, 540x482px
>>92053193
Fucking none of them, and instead throw money at Andre 3000 to do an hour long version of Do Ya Thing.
>>
>>92066028
Your logic is basically "if a kid is portrayed, everyone involved is a pedophile". You almost had an argument and it's just derailed horribly
>>
>>92066078
If a kid is portrayed as a sexual object practically her entire life and everyone knows it, but they pretend not to notice and then the second she's of age they immediately sexualise her as much as they can, then yeah, everyone's being creepy.
>>
>>92065992
She's Japanese because each was created as a parody, and Jpop was popular at the time. Each was a parody of something in the music industry. Russel is a black rapper, but came from a wealthy family. 2D is a pretty boy lead singer who is an ugly literal retard. Murdoc is Keith Richards dialed up to 11. Noodle is a Jpop star who is an actual child rather than an adult woman dressed like a child.

Super soldier has no sexual connotations. I have no idea where you got that. Wise beyond their years indicates they've seen some shit, nothing sexual.

Murdoc is fucking the robot because he's a creep. Keith Richards up to 11, remember?

Speaking of Murdoc, why is it nobody discusses how his backstory is being molested a lot as a child?
>>
I like at least 6-7 songs on the album so it's fine, gonna see them live in the autumn.
But like the Double Toasted guys said, they really are fucking up the advertising side of things. Those 3d models are embarrasing as fuck, and they don't even make an attempt to show the characters in the concerts anymore, they are glorified marketing gimmicks for the guest performers at this point.
>>
>>92066127
>If a kid is portrayed as a sexual object practically her entire life

She's wasn't though. The sex symbol was 2D up until Phase 3
>>
>>92065896
>She was 13 in 1999 though.
nope she was 8/9 during that year, Gorillaz has always been in real time, Noodle was born Halloween 1990 and is currently 26
>>
>>92066316
Why make the decision to make her an actual child though? And if it was purely for the parodic value, why subsequently age her up and ruin the parody? They're cartoons, they have no reason to age unless the creator has a specific desire to do so.

Super soldier absolutely has sexual connotations, especially when paired with a naive childlike personality.

Wise beyond their years is often a justification for a putting her in a relationship with an adult e.g. "she doesn't ACT like a child! she's mature enough!"

Why did the robot have to look like Noodle? He could have made his personal sexbot look like anyone, but it's Noodle because her creators find her sexy.

As far as the Murdoc thing goes, that's only more justification for my original point. "Kid gets abused and molested while forced to perform on stage in Britain". It's quite specific, isn't it?
>>
>>92066423
2D was the sex symbol for girls.

Who were (the majority of) the male fans fapping to?
>>
>>92053193
I think She's My Collar could work really well as a video
>>
>>92066127
I think we'll call this one the Hermione Syndrome
>>
>>92066636
That isn't a good argument, especially considering what board you're on right now. People fucking jack it to the powerful girls, but the people who made them aren't pedophiles
>>
>>92066762
It's in the context of the content. The Powerpuff Girls were never deliberately sexualised by their creators like Noodle was.

I'm pretty sure people here think it's okay to jerk it to the Powerpuff Girls because they grew up surrounded by the kind of content that did deliberately sexualise kids though.
>>
>>92065342
Pipe down pipe down pipe down pipe down pipe down pipe down pipe down
>>
I mean what it comes down to is that half of you have probably jacked it to Noodle when she was underage, and you're uncomfortable when people point out that it's creepy, so you're trying to justify it.
>>
>>92067008
What's to justify? I was the same age if not younger and she was a cartoon.
>>
>>92067034
same(heck I'm only like 11 days older than Noodle)
>>
God tier:
Demon Days, Gorillaz

High tier:
D sides

Eh tier:
Plastic beach

Not good overall tier:
The fall

Please stop tier:
Humanz
>>
>>92066896
Noodle wasn't even remotely sexualized until she was an adult/robot. The closest to sexualized Noodle as a kid was Dare and she shook her ass for a second
>>
>>92067095
I really don't feel like retyping the same points over and over.

Cultural context.

Sexualised tropes.
>>
When Morrissey refused to participate, I knew it'll be a fail
>>
>>92067132
>Any character dancing is meant to be sexualized
>Calvin and Hobbes were meant to be jerked to in that one strip

You're grasping at straws, anon. Just give it up. You should've stuck with the British politician point, cuz at least then you'd be presenting information I know nothing about
>>
File: Jim.png (648KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
Jim.png
648KB, 667x670px
does anyone else have a problem understanding lyrics for their songs like you dont know whats being said so you look up the lyrics and read them while listening
happened when I first listened to saturnz barz
>>
>>92066604
>Why make the decision to make her an actual child though?
Again, to parody Jpop girls being adults who act like children. She was a child who acted fairly adult.
>And if it was purely for the parodic value, why subsequently age her up and ruin the parody? They're cartoons, they have no reason to age unless the creator has a specific desire to do so.
To play with the idea of a "cartoon band" being real. Its why injuries leave physical scars on them, and recurring health problems. They are "real" cartoon characters.

>Super soldier absolutely has sexual connotations, especially when paired with a naive childlike personality.
Name any example.

>Wise beyond their years is often a justification for a putting her in a relationship with an adult e.g. "she doesn't ACT like a child! she's mature enough!"
Name one sexual example.

>Why did the robot have to look like Noodle? He could have made his personal sexbot look like anyone, but it's Noodle because her creators find her sexy.
Because Murdoc is a creep. By making a sexbot look like his surrogate daughter, his moral compass after he almost gets her killed, he looks like more of an asshole.

>As far as the Murdoc thing goes, that's only more justification for my original point. "Kid gets abused and molested while forced to perform on stage in Britain". It's quite specific, isn't it?

Yeah. Its almost like they were drawing attention to the exact problem you claimed they were playing straight...
>>
>>92067292
It has nothing to do with the DARE video, although the fact that you're so fixated on it makes me wonder if you don't find it sexy somehow.

It has to do with the choices made with her character design, personality, and actions.
>>
>>92067008
I'm literally her age, as is most of 4chan posters if not younger.
>>
>>92048652
The album feels a bit uninspired and generic. Also, there is something about the production that feels off during most of the album.

There are some legit good tracks tho, but when your record has 20-something songs and only 6 are actually good, maybe you should work a bit more on it
>>
>>92067324
>She was a child who acted fairly adult
That's an unnecessarily creepy choice to make, and even moreso when they chose to age her up. It could have been fine if they didn't keep sexualising her in the process, but they did.

>Name any example
Kusanagi from GitS.

>Name one sexual example
Pretty much every time a pedophile tries to justify a relationship with a minor.

>Because Murdoc is a creep. By making a sexbot look like his surrogate daughter, his moral compass after he almost gets her killed, he looks like more of an asshole
There are so many ways to do this that don't involve Noodle. The 2D abuse was enough. So why make the very concious and deliberate choice to use Noodle's image in such a sexualised way?

>eah. Its almost like they were drawing attention to the exact problem you claimed they were playing straight
Yeah, and playing it for laughs
>>
>>92067132
But I don't buy that, the cliches you cited aren't really inherently sexualized. All you really have is other media uses these cliches to a sexual effect but I. the case of Gorillaz, Noodle was just a child music genius who was regularly mistaken for a boy until she hit puberty and even then dressed relatively conservatively.
>>
>>92067641
But why would her creators make the choice to use these cliches that are so widely used to sexual effect for a child?
>>
>>92067574
>unnecessary choice
why she didn't have any sexual or romantic relationships or even observations as a kid. It's also easier to.make her participate in the music.
>>
>>92067724
Because those cliches are also used for homosexual effect in tons of media.
>>
>>92067574
>That's an unnecessarily creepy choice to make, and even moreso when they chose to age her up. It could have been fine if they didn't keep sexualising her in the process, but they did.
There was nothing sexual for her in phase 1 and 2.
>Kusanagi from GitS.
Kusinagi is not a super soldier. She is an adult woman who was possibly a man, and a cyborg. She's also older than the ENTIRE cast other than Aramaki and possibly Ishikawa, although its not specific how far apart they are.
>Pretty much every time a pedophile tries to justify a relationship with a minor.
You called it a trope. Cite a work.

>There are so many ways to do this that don't involve Noodle. The 2D abuse was enough. So why make the very concious and deliberate choice to use Noodle's image in such a sexualised way?
Counterpoint; why have Murdoc rape the comatose 2D when him fucking sexbot Noodle was enough?
Answer: because Murdoc is fucking creepy.

>Yeah, and playing it for laughs

Well, yeah.

You want all satire to be deadpan serious PSAs?
>>
>>92067741
>she didn't have any sexual or romantic relationships or even observations as a kid

From the official forums:
Fan: Have you picked up a nice boy with a pair of chopsticks yet?
Noodle: That is very funny. Murdoc says that he can pick up boys with chopsticks but he has used his dictaphone. I do not understand this.

Nice job sexualizing childlike innocence with dick jokes there.

>It's also easier to.make her participate in the music
Then make her an adult from the start
>>
>>92067865
Look, if you want to keep justifying blatant sexualisation of a child, be my guest.

But Albarn and Hewlett's treatment of Noodle is creepy, the fan's treatment of Noodle is creepy, and you're creepy for seeing nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>92065992
>It's the fact that she /had/ to be a little kid and /specifically/ Japanese that should set off alarm bells.
i understand your points about phase 2 and 3 and is something that i also kind of noticed too in its time, but i dont agree on this. a child in the band was needed because it would be difficult to sell a cartoon band to kids if all of the members were adults smoking and the japanese thing happened due how in the 2000 everyone was obsessed with pokemon, digimon and japanese culture, wich has his own racist connotations but different to what you say. i mean, look at noodle's caricature of a japanese in phase 1 and tell me that was meant to be sexualized
>>
>>92067923
That's not sexualizing childlike innocence that's just a murdoc is a creep joke. Anon I think you might be projecting your own confused feelings on the world.
>>
>>92065992
>as well as the "mature and wise beyond her years" trope
also that's just part of the "hahaha the kid is the only competent person and the adults are shitty caretakers". check any episode of steven universe and you'll see it too.
>>
>>92067358
>It has nothing to do with the DARE video, although the fact that you're so fixated on it makes me wonder if you don't find it sexy somehow.

Dumbass, that's the only argument you could possibly have about Phase Two Noodle being even remotely sexual. Keep in mind you made that claim
>>
I would have liked this album more if it came out last year or something
I know Gorillaz has always been political but combined with all the political bullshit being shoved in my face this year I just can't take Humanz
>>
>>92048652
It's more damon & friends than wacky adventures of the gorillaz
>>
File: 2zhsTdUa1r7roto.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
2zhsTdUa1r7roto.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>mfw reading this thread
>mfw reading any gorillaz thread on this board

y'all really are all pedos here and you talk shit about /a/???
>>
>>92068505
This is the wrong blue site my guy
>>
>>92068039
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eNFNTVyZCgY
>>
>>92050131
I like it fine. It's no Demon Days teir but I like it.
>>
File: 1493588795711.jpg (34KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1493588795711.jpg
34KB, 600x315px
>>92052775
>folk
Back to Tumblr with you
>>
>>92055239
This
>>
>>92048652
Why is vince staples so overrated? Ascension is fucking garbage
>>
>>92066636
Wait, you're telling me a bunch of 15 year old boys jerked off to a cartoon of a 15 year old girl back in the mid 2000s?

Well, gosh, I guess the Queen really is a lizard person. Thanks /x/ for derailing this thread with your important information
>>
File: 1491907596008.jpg (276KB, 1280x912px) Image search: [Google]
1491907596008.jpg
276KB, 1280x912px
>>92052127
I wouldn't say that. Since day 1 Gorillaz has been about rejecting false idols and mocking celebrity worship, the political message took a backseat to those themes, but now in wake of the current US political situation it seems that the roles have been reversed, Damon uses Gorillaz as a platform to let his celebrity friends blatantly bitch about BLM and Trump, putting them on a pedestal. they've become what they set out to mock.

Its a shame because Gorillaz is my favorite band, both for the music and their use of subtly, nowI find them wanting in both.
>>
>Cyborg Noodle is alive and well

That's all I needed to hear.
>>
>>92068039
SHE'S OLDER THAN ME FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Not everyone is a 40 year old Pakistani like you.
>>
>>92072186
Maybe.

Three stories. She was killed by Noodle when she started malfunctioning and attacked Murdoc. Second she was killed by Noodle and her head turned into a plant pot for an unknown offense. Third she survived and is a pen pal to every member of the group and still obsessed with celebrities.
All three are told be dubious narrators. We know Murdoc lies a lot, but also lets the truth slip by mistake.

The only thing we know for sure is she piloted Murdoc's sub until he was captured by a record label navy.
>>
>>92072186
Where did you hear that?
According to Noodle she's a bonsai tree pot, but according to 2D he keeps in contact.
>>92071265
She just really reminded me of my crush is all.
>>92072062
>rejecting false idols and mocking celebrity worship
That is a political statement.
>>
>>92073900

2d says she is alive and will join them when on tour.
>>92073939
>trusting a reddit AMA
>>
>>92065719
>Also for all the bootyblasted trumptardlets on here, Damon goaded all the collaborators into envisioning a future where Trump landed the presidency waaaaay back when the concept of him even securing the Republican nom was a joke. Not his fault he ended up winning.

Trump supporters should be grateful since the album helped meme him into presidency.
>>
>>92073939
It was also Noodle's entire character.
Not that of the others.

Hell, the BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH video was pure that.

But it was never the story of the other three. Hell, Murdoc loves celebrities. Or just rubbing elbows on them then shitting on them.
>>
>>92074020
>An album that came out after he was elected helped meme him
I don't really follow that.
The Trumpbitching didn't become apparent as the basis until Hallelujah Money came out.
>>92074022
Murdoc himself is commentary on being a famewhore.
>>
>>92073939
>That is a political statement

How?
>>
>>92065992
I think you're the person with the problem here if you are considering those points sexual.
>>
>>92048652
To be fair all their albums have been 2-4 really great songs and then just a bunch of bad songs or random inane shit.
>>
How do I get into Gorillaz? where do I even go for all the crap they released? I mean, I remember listening to Demon Days a couple of times back then, but that was it.
>>
File: Thirsty.png (95KB, 238x229px) Image search: [Google]
Thirsty.png
95KB, 238x229px
Reminder Noodle is now for sexual
>>
>>92073693
Shes also fictional.
>>
>>92075855
You could start with their self-titled album on Spotify
>>
Am I the only one who feels that all the rap features are of the wrong kind for Gorillaz collaborations? They sound really good with more underground, backpacker types or Brit rappers.

s/t:
>Del the Funky Homosapien x2

Demon Days:
>Bootie Brown
>De La Soul
>DOOM
>Roots Manuva

Plastic Beach:
>Snoop Dogg
>Bashy
>Kano
>Mos Def x2
>De La Soul
Even the Snoop song is good because he isn't overly aggressive, and has a relaxed flow, which goes well with the overall aesthetic.

Humanz:
>Vince Staples
>Danny Brown
>D.R.A.M
>De La Soul
>Pusha T
Danny, Pusha and Vince are really not suited for the Gorillaz aesthetic. And I say this as someone who's gigantically hyped for King Push and whose AOTY 2016 was Atrocity Exhibition.
>>
It's growing on me like fungus.
I now like 8 of the songs instead of 2.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.