[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Disney sidekicks worse than them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

Are there any Disney sidekicks worse than them?
>>
File: Jiminyumbrella.png (2MB, 2000x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Jiminyumbrella.png
2MB, 2000x2190px
>>92047797
>>
Olaf

But frozen was overall horrible
>>
Someone explain to me this Gargoyles meme I haven't watched the Hunchback since I was a kid.
>>
File: Gurgi.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Gurgi.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
>>
>>92048142
They're out of place comedy sidekicks in an otherwise relatively mature and serious movie.
>>
File: 87607-129682-gargoyles.jpg (51KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
87607-129682-gargoyles.jpg
51KB, 425x640px
Who were the better Disney Gargoyles?
>>
>>92048142
The gargoyles were all figments of Quasi's mind. They never spoke when anyone else was aroudn to hear. and never did anything when anyone could see.
thats why Quasimodo was strong enough to lift a full grown man in plate mail armor with one arm. Thats like 300 pounds easily. All because he drags those gargoyles all over miming them talking
>>
>>92047797
They are probably the most forgettable.
I completely forgot they existed for years until I rewatched it recently.
>>
>>92048142
They put goofy sidekicks in an animated adaptation of The Hunchback of Notre--Dame. Is any more context really necessary? It'd be like adding Jar Jar Binks to Les Miserables.
>>
>Disney
>Gargoyles
>Hunchback

Huh.

Has there ever been a Demona-Frollo crossover?
>>
>>92048307
>implying that Elisa-Frollo who sinfully lusts for Goliath-Esmeralda's big purple demon/gargoyle cock isn't the superior crossover
>>
>>92047890

Olaf was okay.Sven "haha, he acts like a dog" reindeer was worse.
>>
>>92047890
Honestly his design was worse than his actual character
>>
>>92048793

"A _______ but acts just like a dog" has grown annoying common over the past few years; it was a genuinely pleasant surprise that dogpig wasn't anywhere near as big a part of Moana as the initial trailers made it seem.
>>
>>92048793
The reindeer didn't talk, so he was automatically better.
>>
>>92047890
Olaf was fine enough.

The reindeer was about shit and was a literal clone of some horse from Tangled.
>>
File: Treasure-planet-ben.jpg (19KB, 392x309px) Image search: [Google]
Treasure-planet-ben.jpg
19KB, 392x309px
>>92047797
hello!
>>
>>92048275
They are clearly shown fighting off men during the climax of the movie and interacting with the goat a couple of times.
>>
>>92048244
To be fair Disney's Hunchback doesn't work in the first place.
It's tonally dissonant with the source material.
>>
>>92050166
>Disney's Hunchback doesn't work in the first place.

but they actually improved the story with powerful topsy-turvy scene and combining Gringoire with Clopin into one character
>>
>>92050166
It works fine as a loose adaptation, just like most of their older movies. The gargoyles, on the other hand, would be shitty in any Disney film and are extra shitty here.
>>
>>92049867

Sven didn't have a shit musical number dedicated to him so he's still better than Olaf.

And being a clone of Maximus is probably a good idea for more Disney animal sidekicks anyway.
>>
>>92047797
>Are there any Disney sidekicks worse than them?

The Gargoyles take what could be an A+ movie and diminish it to a D+ movie, at best.

Maybe if they'd just been imaginary as a way to emphasize Quasimodo's loneliness, they could've worked. But nah, they're "magic" and shown interacting with other people and animals, without explanation as to how or why they exist.

They legit ruin what would otherwise be a perfect movie.
>>
>>92047797
The Gargoyles aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. They come off worse because their goofiness contrasts more heavily with Hunchback's darker tone. But as comic relief Disney sidekicks, they're really just par for the course
>>
Who are THE BEST Disney sidekicks?
>>
>>92047797
I hated the snowman from Frozen.
>>
>>92048222
/thread
>>
...Yeeeeeaaaahhh, I'm gonna go with the Hunchback's gargoyles as the worst. if they were explicitly Quasimodo's imaginary friends it would have been one thing, but they are tonal car wrecks.

>>92054831
Abu and Iago have a lot of great moments but they also had the most amount of screentime. All the mice in Cinderella and Snow White tie for biggest batch of helpful buddies. I'd also say nearly all the horse sidekicks are in the top tier: Pegasus, Maximus, Khan... shit, even the horse form Sleepy Hollow did an excellent job in helping Ichabod stay the hell alive until the end and the horse from Wind in the Willows was a bro who is apparently capable of helping fly a freakin' plane... In general if the animal sidekick has to go through alot of shit in order to help a dumber protagonist, I tend to give them props.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.