[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many Cats hate on Geoff Johns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 20

File: geoffjohns.jpg (96KB, 564x806px) Image search: [Google]
geoffjohns.jpg
96KB, 564x806px
He's Fucking KILLING Marvel right now! Look at the overall DC sales! The Top 20 are like 75% DC!

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=192928

Batman is selling. JLA is selling. Superman is selling. Flash is selling.

You MotherFuckers. I demand you lay out right now exactly what your problem with Johns is because all this dude knows how to do is sell books. Yeah about you move units like he do and they you can talk shit. Until then keep his name out your mouth!
>>
he's DC's Bendis
>>
>>92044456

Hell no. Johns is mediocre, but he sure as shit respects continuity and the characters he writes (except maybe Batman).
>>
>>92044409
"Not muh drunk druggie James Robison"

"He iz poular, so i will hate him to be hip"

"Oh noez not muh watchmens"

"Wally, wally"
>>
>>92044456

nah, he's more of Hickman lite... who is Morrison lite
>>
> marvel being complete AIDS, DC sells by default
> JOHNS IS KILLING IT

no. he used to be good. sinestro corps war is incredible but he absolutely jumped the shark with brightest day, and new 52 he was garbage

even then rebirth is good because of other talented writers. seeley, orlando, priest, etc. not because of johns.

also he's responsible for SYNERGIZING the comics ahead of the movie curve to forcefeed us cyborg at the expense of j'onn to protect his boner for Hal
>>
>>92044456
I don't think so, He doesn't do the same things wrong
>>
>>92044409
>Why do so many Cats hate on Geoff Johns?

Because he's a dog fag?
>>
>>92044507
>>92044543
>>92044658
Newfags, he's posting an old meme.

http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/38865980/#q38868968
>>
>>92044409
>Batman is selling

I can't tell if you're actually impressed by this fact or if you're laying on the sarcasm so thick so DCFriends won't catch on you're making fun of them.
>>
>>92045201

Where are you based? This is Windermere.
>>
he's the Michael Bay of comics
>>
>>92045341

>MUH WIND
>>
>>92045500

I'm in Cumbria.
>>
File: raven starfire.png (499KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
raven starfire.png
499KB, 720x720px
>>92044409
Analpained Wallyfags eternally analpained because his idea for a Flash story arc got turned into the event Flashpoint or just even bringing Barry back.

His Teen Titans run where Bart and Connor stopped dressing and acting like its the early 90s.

Batfags mad he writes Batman as merely human.

Not as crazy as Morrison
not a bitter betrayed hasbeen like Moore to be bemoaned over spurned genius

my biggest gripes with him are his GL run was boring after Blackest Night, Brightest Day sucked, making Superboy the gay science baby of Superman and Lex Luthor, and his uneven Justice League run.

I wish he'd stop wasting his time rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic that is the DC cinematic universe and start writing comics again.
>>
>>92044409
His actual comics output in the last several has not been very good, and on /co/ a writer is only as good as his last book.
>>
>>92044648
His Aquaman was okay.

Not as good as a lot of people were saying (nor as good as Parker's subsequent run), but decent.
>>
>>92045983
>hasbeen
Moore went out on a bang with Providence and those Nemo graphic novels at least.

That's better than most of the big 80's writers still working.
>>
>implying he's anything more than a bald Michael Bay
>>
>>92044409
I enjoy his stuff and his GL run got me into DC comics
brightest day sucked and it started to get kinda boring at the end but everything else was great
>>
>>92046032
>on /co/ a writer is only as good as his last book
the Rebirth one shot special went over pretty well here iirc
>>
>>92046248
the one shot was written by a lot of people

and honestly, DC is making a mistake integrating watchmen into the mainline DCU
>>
File: vic digs walter.jpg (118KB, 500x776px) Image search: [Google]
vic digs walter.jpg
118KB, 500x776px
>>92046278
>and honestly, DC is making a mistake integrating watchmen into the mainline DCU

the movie didn't ruin it
Before Watchmen didn't ruin it

why will this ruin it?
>>
>>92046278
It's only a matter of time before they ruin the ending and just make a sequel
>>
>>92046278
>the one shot was written by a lot of people
no?
>>
>>92046278
>the one shot was written by a lot of people
Pretty sure it was only by Johns. It had multiple artists though.
>>
>>92046352
>>92046338
my mistake i was thinking of GL rebirth for some reason with johns

but i still stand by my point that brining in watchmen is stupid

rebirth has been great, but i feel after the button and the eventual main event that comes out of that will be a step back

i'm not even a moorefag, they should just remain separate. hell morrison introduced his not-watchmen as an alternate earth, they could just use that
>>
File: black-hand-implying.jpg (70KB, 384x704px) Image search: [Google]
black-hand-implying.jpg
70KB, 384x704px
>>92044456

I wonder what Marvel would be like if they had Johns instead of Bendis?

What characters does he make relevant again? How does Stargirl and STRIPES fit into the Marvel universe? How does Civil War 2 go down?
>>
>>92046498
johns avengers was kinda boring

10 years ago i would've been hyped for bendis batman and teen titans, but now it'd just be shit
>>
>>92046486
the Not Watchmen in Pax Americana were the Charlton characters Moore wanted to use originally

Blue Beetle= Nite Owl
Question= Rorscach
Manhattan= Captain Atom
etc

>>92046498
He did an Avengers run ages ago

>>92046498
>johns avengers was kinda boring
can't be worse than Bendis'

>Bendis on Batman
*shudders*
>>
He does some really great stuff, but every so often he just fucks something up, namely Conner Kent.
Still, Johns did justice by him in Legion of Three Worlds.
>>
>>92044409
I just think he's a mediocre writer with maybe a handful of ok stuff.
>>
>>92045983
>not a bitter betrayed hasbeen like Moore to be bemoaned over spurned genius
He's still putting out stuff that sells well and gets good reviews, and he's even been succesful in literature. I guess that not getting his blood sucked by Marvel/Disney or DC/Warner makes him a total loser.
>>
>>92044409
>He's Fucking KILLING Marvel right now!

Geoff Johns?
He's a awful writter
Look what he turned Wondy into
in a retarded 23 years girl, by this page imagine how it should be the script of the Wonder Woman movie

Marvel is killing herself, with bad editorial decisions and a AWFUL level art team.
Look at Captain Marvel, weak stories and amateur artwork, comics without inks
Marvel is killing herself
>>
>>92046732
He had admitted he hasnt written the best WW in his JL run at first. When he wrote Darkseid War she was way better. Hes learned from his mistakes.
>>
>>92044409
>He's Fucking KILLING Marve
No no... hard no. marvel is killing marvel dude.
alonso dude im waiting for tranny thor and chinese spider chuang
>>
>>92046663

Handful of okay is underselling like a motherfucker. JSA, Teen Titans, his first Flash run. Those are top tier.

However, it's been a good long while since he's put those out. Dude has either lost his touch or is just doing too much at once for the last few years.
>>
>>92046732
making Carol retarded would probably improve her book
>>
>>92046894
/co/ doesn't like his TT.
>>
>>92046894
>top tier
Sorry, 3 runs out of all the shit he's written is just a handful, and they're not even that great.
>>
>>92046550
>>92046578

Yeah but imagine if Johns STAYED with Marvel or was with them from the start till now.
>>
>>92046787
>Hes learned from his mistakes.

I don't believe that
The end of the arc was bad
Like every end he writes
>>
>>92046921
Who cares about Captain Marvel?
>>
DC is killing Marvel becuse anything is better than current Marvel.
>>
File: No.jpg (178KB, 857x670px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
178KB, 857x670px
>>92044456
>>92044846
Fuck off Bendis
>>
Is Johns TT worth picking up?

Currently reading his Green Lantern run through omnibuses just finished up omnibus #2, really enjoying it so far. It's not as dense and complex as an Alan Moore book or a Grant Morrison book, but it's still enjoyable reading. Blackest night was a letdown compared to sinestro core war though.

Are his JSA run and TT runs as good?
>>
>>92044409
>I demand you lay out right now exactly what your problem with Johns is
Only reasons
>contrarian
>Marvelfag
>no taste
>butthurt Wallyfag
>Batgodfag

He's an objectively amazing writer.
>greatest Green Lantern run of all time
>greatest JSA run of all time
>greatest Aquaman run of all time
>greatest Hawkman run of all time
>three of the greatest events of all time
>one of the best Teen Titans runs of all time
>one of the best Flash runs of all time
>really good Action run
>really good Superman run
>a bunch of other really good runs
Even "worst" stuff he's done has only been mediocre at worst.

There's literally no one that has the same vast scope of success with so many characters as him. Only Morrison can hold a candle.
>>
File: 1457573761611.gif (1MB, 268x214px) Image search: [Google]
1457573761611.gif
1MB, 268x214px
>>92047737
Johnsfags are autistic
>>
>>92047701
>Is Johns TT worth picking up?
yes
>>
>>92048260
Contrarians are more autistic I think. Hating something/someone just because they are popular is pretty fucking cancer, and rather autistic.

I can understand critique of a writer over their writing style, poor writing, poor paneling, bad pacing. But to just say "HUR HUR JOHNS FANS ARE AUTISTIC" is very ironic because you end up looking like the autistic one.
>>
>>92048260

Well a few of those are really good points. His Green Lantern, JSA, TT, and Flash runs are definitive, Blackest Night and Sinestro Corps War are frequently hailed as some of the best crossover events in comics (not sure what he meant by three events, maybe Forever Evil?), and his Superman work is always incredibly solid. His Aquaman run wasn't great but it was decent and it convinced many people (and probably DC itself) to give Aquaman a shot.

He has done a LOT of good for the company so it's no wonder he has fans.
>>
>>92044456
>Johns saved DC
>Bendis is fucking Marvel so bad they a couple of failed events away of licensing their characters to other company
Nah
>>
>>92048480
USM and Max line arguably saved Marvel
>>92048426
>wrote the longest, must be the best
Slott lives and will die by this philosophy
>>
>>92048260
>stating objective facts is autistic
I'm gonna guess Wallyfag?
>>
>>92048426
>not sure what he meant by three events

>Infinite Crisis
>52
>Blackest Night
I actually completely forgot about Forever Evil.
>>
>>92048689
>>Infinite Crisis
/co/ doesn't like this
>>
>>92044409
Terrible fanbase
He is not a good writer
His ideas are only saved if someone else is helping
>>
File: Zod.gif (3MB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
Zod.gif
3MB, 444x500px
he writes comics for dumb people, Mark Millar has more Eisner's for writing Superman comics than Johns will ever get
>>
>>92049874
and I was right, just finished reading the thread and most of the defense about Johns is bashing other people calling them names and accusing them of being "someting"-fags and other stuff when the only over sensitive bitches are Johns fans
>>
>>92046550
>johns avengers was kinda boring

Kinda. But at least he didn't shit on characters.
>>
because he appeals to stupid people and "comicbook experts" which have only read johns garbage
>>
>>92049874
>>92049965
>>92050195
I'm genuinely curious. Do you deny that he's had some of (if not THE) definitive runs on series like Green Lantern, Hawkman, JSA, Flash, Teen Titans and Action? Has he not done/been a part of some of DC's greatest events of all time like 52, Infinite Crisis, Blackest Night, Sinestro War, Flashpoint and Forever Evil?

By what possible metric could he be considered anywhere near bad?
>>
>>92050252
yeah, those runs all suck ass
literately babies first comic books
>>
>>92050283
Well meme'd, /tv/!
>>
File: lucasfuckoff.png (114KB, 225x207px) Image search: [Google]
lucasfuckoff.png
114KB, 225x207px
>>92050283
pffft
>>
>>92050252
>By what possible metric could he be considered anywhere near bad?
Company wars faggotry literally
>>
>>92050252
by not being stupid, so I am not going to try to explain it to you (because you are stupid)

>something happens
>characters get new costume
>disappointing ending, everything is back

woah such great events
I guess it's true that capeshit rots your brain

also lol, did you read Forever Evil? the only good things were the tie-ins

the only good thing he did is JSA, I will agree but it's still not impressive considering giving a little dimension to old characters that had no one is nothing special.

I repeat if you think Johns is a good writer you have to read more or actually start reading comics not written by Johns.

>>92050283
lol, pathetic johnsfag false flagging to make people that don't like LE CEREAL GOD XD as shitposters

it's amazing how you people can never actually discuss but always have to use such tactics or dismiss people as biased
>>
File: ohmang.jpg (13KB, 304x237px) Image search: [Google]
ohmang.jpg
13KB, 304x237px
>>92050311
>I guess it's true that capeshit rots your brain
Ah.
Can you just give up the ghost and admit to being a filthy indiean and be done with it?

People like cape comics and people are never going to stop liking cape comics.
>>
>>92050329
Johnsfags are the most defensive fags in the industry
it's like a cult
>>
>>92050329
but I like cape comics, but not all cape comics are good

Johns is capeshit
other writers can do good cape stuff, it's easy to understand (unless you are a Johnsfag(
>>
>>92044507
Except when he reboots Aquaman, Green Lantern and Barry. So yeah, he's dc bendis.
>>
>>92045983
His teen titans run was horrible. He destroyed everything that YJ did.
>>
>>92044507
DC literately has rebooted everything multiple times because of Johns
>>
>>92050380
Both his TT and PAD's YJ are great.
>>
>>92050365
Difference being Johns is good at what he does and DC is doing fine while Bendis is about to piss off the Mouse and have Marvel comics shut down
>>
>>92050381
>rebooted
meme
>>
>>92050392
DC is doing fine because it has a lot of talent, Marvel problems aren't only Bendis

Funny enough DC is doing better now that Johns isn't writing anything he isn't even the one writing the follow up to the rebirth starting event, even JL is now better than during his terrible run

Really makes you think
>>
>>92050311
>anti-Johns fags complain about Johns defenders just bashing and giving non-answers
>answers by bashing and giving non-answers
wew boy
>>
Because he's a mediocre writer. Anyone who considers Johns to be great has never read any good Cape comics.
>>
>>92050419
Yeah, it's almost like years of dealing with you retards people are fed up and are just going to treat you the way you deserve.

Also it's not like the entire thread was filled with you rejects accusing everyone of being wallyfags, batfags or whatever other meme buzzword you have already.
>>
Defending Johns in 2017 is like defending Bendis in 2017.
>>
>>92044409

SHIT writers are shit.
>>
>>92050466
You sound mad friend. Can I suggest a nice soothing comic to calm you down? I like Superman Vol 2 185. Always puts a smile on my face when I'm feeling blue.
>>
>>92045983
>Analpained Wallyfags eternally analpained because his idea for a Flash story arc got turned into the event Flashpoint or just even bringing Barry back.

To be fair he did promise up and down that Flash Rebirth wouldn't get rid of Wally and it ended up being an enormous lie and betrayal.
>>
>>92050526
I am not mad, I just don't like dishonest people.
Accusing others of being biased when you spent an entire thread shitting on other people without making any real argument is extremely disingenuous
>>
>>92050526
Mark Millar won an Eisner for his Superman, Johns has a SpikeTV award
>>
>>92044409
>because all this dude knows how to do is sell books. Yeah about you move units like he do and they you can talk shit. Until then keep his name out your mouth!

The Cereal King has VIRTUALLY NOTHING to do with what is making any of the Superbooks sell, Justice League is proof that the title alone will make it sell, irrespective of the writer, plot line, or artist, HE LITERALLY HAS VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BAT SENPAI SUCCESS, and except for the fact that the current Flash is Barry, he literally ALSO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH it's current success (which can be attributed 82% to The CW).
>>
>>92046115
>bald Michael Bay

BADLY BALDING
>>
>>92047701
>Johns TT

Fuck NO
>>
>>92047737

Go back to playing with your Bo Duke dolls, Geoph. It's WAY past your bedtime in Burbank.
>>
>>92050252
>Forever Evil
3 fucking months delay... yes, our hero.
>>
>>92045649
I'm sorry, that must be terrible for you.
>>
>>92050555
>>92050558
>>92050605
>>92050614
>>92050619
Show me on the doll where Johns touched you.
>>
>>92050645
thanks for proving my point
>>
>>92046894
His Teen Titans run is not good.
>>
>>92050657
>says the fag that got triggered and did nothing but bash
>i-it's alright when I do it because reasons
>>
Mark Millar is a better writer than him
>>
>>92050684
>>i-it's alright when I do it because reasons

It's funny because that's exactly the way you people act all the time. I guess the irony is lost on you.
>>
he's like Michael Bay but without success or talent
>>
>>92050711
we're about five layers deep in irony at this point
>OP wants to know why people don't like Johns
>Johnsfags bash Johns haters
>Johns haters get triggered and complain that Johnsfags never give them a reason why he's good
>Johnsfags give reasons
>Johns haters get even more triggered by answer and just bash more
>Johnsfags point out irony
>Johns haters get even more triggered and make excuse as to why actually they're in the right by not giving a proper response
>Johnsfags once again point out how stupid that is
>Johns haters reach peak trigger and attempt to take moral high ground
You sure showed me friend.
>>
>>92050760
that's a nice fairy tale but only the first two points happened

Also lol, so people responding after being bashed is being triggered you loser complaining about haters out of the blue is perfectly fine tho.

Your dishonesty really knows no bounds.
>>
He did some really good work on JSA and Green Lantern back in the day, but now he can't do that anymore since he's been pushed too high up in the DC hierarchy. So high up that even Didio has to answer to him. And it's hard to focus on your writing when you've got all that on your plate.
>>
it seems that Johns fags are dismissive of about every other writer, as if they didn't actually enjoy comic books
>>
>>92050418
>even JL is now better than during his terrible run
Well meme'd my friend.
>>
>>92050842
t. captain cold fanboy
>>
>>92050814
>it seems that Johns fags are dismissive of about every other writer
JUST LIKE JOHNS
>>
>>92050814
Most Johnsfags also love Morrison, Rucka, Waid etc.
>>
>>92050381
That was a decision above his pay grade.
He was merely picked to handle writing the events.
>>
>>92044648
Why does everyone assumes J'onn wasn't on JL cause of Cyborg?
It was cause they wanted him for Stormwatch and I'm guessing cause he's never used in group stories so they left him out so he'd be available for other things.
>>
>>92044409
Personally I think people who hate on Johns are Kylefags and Wallyfags just because NOT MUH. Johns have great runs and bad runs too like his Justice League run but then he's not an actual God who only produces good shit. I liked his Aquaman run and his GL run was the best, inb4 EMOTIONAL SPECTRUM IS BULLSHIT, HE RUINED KYLE BECAUSE HES A HALFANBOY REEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>92046732
She was 18 in that picture.
It was literally right off the boat Diana.
So hyper eager fresh eyed teenager, not knowing of anything in the world beyond her island.
>>
Johns is jut another mediocre writer that no one would even know if not for superhero comics.
Name ONE successful work that he has done that is not attached to superheroes

That's all you have to know to realize how bad he actually is.
>>
>>92051000
>trained warrior acts like a retarded little girl

t. anime lover
>>
>>92050992
>everyone is biased except me!!
>>
>>92050992
but the emotional spectrum is objectively bullshit and he did ruin Kyle because he's a Halfag
>>
stop comparing him to Michael Bay, Johns doesn't have half the artistic integrity
>>
>>92051069
but is okay because they are halfags too
is okay to be a fag as long as you are one of them, they are hypocrites and manchildren worshipping a guy that was thrown out of a supermarket because he had to take pictures of cereal boxes and post on twitter

this should tell you a lot about their maturity
>>
>>92051020
when everyone is a trained warrior, nobody is
>>
>>92051069
>he did ruin Kyle
Who the hell cares about that Mr. Perfect-in-all-ways anyway?
>>
>>92051165
>insecure kid trying to live up to a legacy
>mr. perfect-in all-ways

lol

meanwhile

THE GREATEST GREEN LANTERN OF ALL TIMEâ„¢ that never did anything wrong and was used by the evil space bug is perfectly fine
>>
>>92046324
Because those could easily be ignored. Them being in the DC universe would be showing the nu Watchmen off to us constantly.
>>
>>92051186
>becomes the last Green Lantern
>called the Torchbearer
>becomes one with the willpower entity
>becomes the high and mighty White Lantern

Surely there are no Kylewank in comics.
>>
>>92051217
that's nothing impressive compared to Halwanking, Supermanwanking or Flashwanking all done by Johns
>>
>>92050862
Morrison is the only great writer in there and I doubt Johnsfags have read his old work or Rucka's non capeshit.
>>
>>92047701
I'd say give it a go. Some anons here hate it, but I never got the hate.
>>
>>92047701
His first JSA run is near flawless. His second, post-IC run is good but not as good as the first one.
>>
>>92044409
They hate what they cannot have at their favorite publisher.
>>
>>92044409

>Killing Marvel

He was also the guy driving for the last six years when Marvel was killing DC through Johns' NU52.

Never forget.
>>
>>92052564
>implying Johns was the driving force behind the New 52.
>>
>>92050992
He literally irreparably fucked up every member of Young Justice save for maybe Tim
>>
File: hal.png (211KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
hal.png
211KB, 300x311px
>>92045983
>making Superboy the gay science baby of Superman and Lex Luthor

That's just the most unnecessary shit ever.

Not to mention the gayness between Hal and Sinestro in his GL run...hm.... is Johns, dare I say... a a fujoshit?
>>
>>92052826
>Hating on Sinestro and Hal's bromance that gets a lil too close to romance
Bitch, what?
>>
>anons hating on johns because he's popular
>other anons saying he's the saving grace of DC
he's made some great stuff but isn't perfect, seems every one either gives him too much credit or not enough
>>
File: 1491962080947.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491962080947.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>92051000
>She was 18 in that picture.
>It was literally right off the boat Diana.

You are retarded?
18?
With a few billion women nowadays
Zeus decide to make a child with Hippolyta?
5 thousand years ago would could make any sense, but after 5 thousand years Hippolyta decides to have a child?
5 thousand years!!
That's the problem, people don't think anymore
Just buy and consume
Worst generation of all time
Geoff Johns is a hack
>>
>>92053434
>le you only hate him because he is popular

fuck off, people have complained about him way before you started reading comics on your smartphone or started watching Flash on tv
>>
>>92052921
I wasn't hating on it, anon. I was 'hating on' Superboy being Lex and Clark's gay test tube spawn. I was simply calling out Johns' unacknowledged fujoshittery.

Halnestro's a god tier ship, I would never.
>>
File: batman-vs-superman.png (462KB, 551x550px) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman.png
462KB, 551x550px
>>92053725
>every one that likes Johns is new to comics
>>
>>92050862
That's literally me
>>
>>92053800
That's true though.
>>
>>92054270
then prove it
>>
>>92054297
Why don't you prove that you're not a casual or a newfag?
>>
>>92054453
you're the one making a claim that every johns fag is new to comics
>>
File: rasslor.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
rasslor.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
>>92054475
Then name your top ten capeshit runs?
>>
>>92053800
>wah wah don't generalize johns fans!
>proceeds to generalize all people that don't like johns
>>
>>92054523
>proceeds to generalize all people that don't like johns
but I haven't
>>92054517
>make a claim all johnsfags a new
>tries to push the burden of proof off of himself
guessing you have no proof
>>
I bet someone already said this buuuuut...Marvel is killing its comics business all on its own, no help needed.
>>
>>92050952
because after the failure of the GL movie, WB wanted the next GL reboot to feature stewart instead of hal.

remember the canned george miller movie had stewart as well. he was/is still very popular due to the DCAU as well as fulfilling the diversity quota

johns being the biggest halfag of all-time didn't want that (obviously), so him having newer producer powers with the suits at WB, convinced them to delay the GL movie to give Hal another chance (more time passing= more time to "breathing room"), which is why he's not even showing up in JL until part 2 and then getting a solo film

johns at the same time, was rebooting the comics into the new52, so he forcefed us cyborg to show the suits how "a modern take" can be used as a film blueprint, at the same time protecting Hal. the DCEU is based heavily on johns ideas/new 52 (the league forming to stop a threat from apocalypse, cyborg being a walking boom-tube machine, nu-harley suicide skwad lineup, etc)

nobody at WB gives a single fuck about stormwatch, they j'onn in there because he had nowhere else to be but he never fit in there

cyborg is shit on the league and should always be titan associated at first. all this bullshit so johns can protect his halfaggotry
>>
>>92056030
he should have stuck with comics
>>
>>92056030
>and then getting a solo film

The next GL movie is going to be a buddy cop flick like Lethal Weapon, the way it always should have been.
>>
>>92044409
>sales = quality
>>
>>92054711
>Johnsfag hasn't even read ten runs and just proceeds to change the subject.
Literally proving the other anon right.
>>
>>92044409
he can't choreograph a fight to save his life
>>
>>92044507
>but he sure as shit respects continuity

He retconed Wonder woman origin TWICE in darkseid war.

The guy doesnt give a shit about continuity, only about HIS headcanon.

>>92044543
Neither hickman or morrison are dumb.
>>
>>92048426

Blackest night was shit.

Sinestro corps was ggod but thinking forever evil or blackest night were not shit is just plain wrong
>>
>>92057620
once again moving the burden of proof
thanks for proving me right
>>
>>92050356
It's a sad cult. Morrisonfags and Moorefags are on point, they are fans of some of the smartest most talented people in comics history. Johnsfags are just 3 kinds of people:
Idiots that started reading comics after GL: Rebirth so Johns IS what they started reading.
HEAT/batman haters fags, and casuals.

Johnsfags are just idiots m8. They are fans of a mid tier writer.
>>
File: chillin with krillin.jpg (8KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
chillin with krillin.jpg
8KB, 266x200px
>>92058472
> Morrisonfags and Moorefags are on point, they are fans of some of the smartest most talented people in comics history
well some one has an ego
>>
>>92050760
>>Johnsfags give reasons

Naming some terrible and mediocre comics mixed with some GOOD comics it's not a reason. And in fact shows how mediocre his career has been, he is past his prime, and his legacy is empty, Waid has Kingdom Come, Millar has RS, i'm not gonna waste my time naming the truly great ones, but johns has nothing, he is just an event guy, and his events are about alternative suits to sell toys and nothing more.
>>
File: 1556573-likes3.jpg (57KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
1556573-likes3.jpg
57KB, 338x400px
this thread
>>
>>92058558
once again not giving evidence
>>
>>92052585

He was, and you can't prove he wasnt.

>>92058531
Well, someone should stick to Johns comics since he can't into reading

>>92056030
And after all this year for some reason Johnsfags still want to deny this even when Johns is on record saying he was the one that wanted to put cyborg on the team.
>>
>>92058621
neither is naming what he made and claim it's good
>>
>>92058621
Evidence of what?

What are you talking about, i'm not the same guy, i'm saying just naming comics don't equal giving reasons, Johns track record has good and bad comics, and nothing truy spectacular, he doesnt have a Sandman, or a Doom patrol to forgive his bad comics, all what he has are good runs that are over 10 years old.
>>
File: SCAN0161-1.jpg (81KB, 639x501px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0161-1.jpg
81KB, 639x501px
>>92058700
>Well, someone should stick to Johns comics since he can't into reading
oh no I have been beaten now I must throw all my johns comics away and only read "deep" comics from moore
>>92058719
true and that's why we are both retarded
>>
>>92058756
you're calling his work mediocre without explaining why it's mediocre
>>
>>92058812
at least Moore has a career outside of comics
what the hell di Johns ever do other than cape stuff?

even hated bad writiers (according to /co/) like Millar and Snyder can make no-cape stuff
>>
>>92044409
>Batman is selling.

Batman hasn't had a problem selling in the last 6 years. Nothing to do with Johns.

However, even shifting almost 200k copies (#18 and #19 both shipped in the same month), March's Batman sales made less for DC than ASM#25's 113k copies made for Marvel - which must have left Johns and his management friends kicking themselves that they didn't try a $10 price tag for DKIII instead of the $6 Batfags were prepared to shell out. 8 issues of that would have made up a huge amount of the annual dollar share where DC has been falling short recently.

Adding to their woes will be that 4 in the top 10 titles of March were Batman; with another JL title in there too. This is called putting all your eggs in one basket. One shitty Affleck movie and it's all over.
>>
>>92058921
This, if anything Johns would do anything to make Batman sell less if he could
>>
>>92058901
so you think Moore is the best writer ever because he doesn't only write comics?
so if Gabby Rivera wrote a book she would be better than most comic writers
>>
>>92058853

Are you this dense? If the good is as good as the bad is bad and are found at the same rate in a writer's work it means said writer is MEDIOCRE.

Do you now what mediocre is? it doesnt mean BAD.
>>
>>92058984
then explain what's good and bad in the comics he writes
>>
>>92058964
I never said that he is the best writer ever, I just said that he has a career with multiple acclaimed works in different genres that proves he is a capable writer since it requires talent on its own

can you say the same about Johns? no you, can't.
>>
>>92058953
The newest event starts with batman getting his ass kicked, that's enough for Johns.

>>92058964
>so you think Moore is the best writer ever because he doesn't only write comics?

If you don't believe Moore is better than Johns you are mentally ill
>>
>>92059022
it can't be that he just enjoys what he does?
>>92059025
>If you don't believe Moore is better than Johns you are mentally ill
Moore is a better writer but that doesn't mean he's the best writer ever
>>
>>92059003

Johns is probably the most derivative and less original writer ever, the fact that the fanfics he wrote as a child are the basis for some of his "biggest" contributions as a writer should be evidence of how inmature and limited he is, from Lex being the daddy of Kon to the seven colors of light, he has never had a truly original or daring idea, as a writer he is limitated, he as a person is ignorant of history, cultures, science, religion, and literature, as the years pass his love for exposition and his decompression are getting worse. He doesnt care about other writers and his characters talk like cartoons. Every comics he does needs a big cool spread, he is a less talented millar, easy to read, but he depends on "cool" moments or "confy" moments to make the reader think what he is reading isnt garbage. He isnt Bendis, he is like a not as smart Loeb.
>>
>>92044409
the only one killing marvel is marvel
>>
>>92046326
I don't think they can legally make a sequel without Moore, which is why they did a bunch of prequels instead. In the old Watchmen contract it says he needs to give his permission for any sequels.
>>
>>92044409
>He's Fucking KILLING Marvel right now!
Marvel is killing itself, Johns has nothing to do with it.
>>
so Johns is making the Watchmen the reason why the DC universe got fucked up because he blames Watchmen for making DC comics dark?
>>
>>92059746
No, that's the meta shit his fans wants to believe, johns is not that idiotic.

Especially when he killed Barry's mom.
>>
>>92059442
This is basically correct. DC actually tried to give Moore the rights back in exchange for pernission for them to write sequels and he told them to fuck off. Not for him to write the sequels, for them.
>>
>>92059442
>>92060293
Doesn't this Button story count as a sequel though since it takes place post Watchmen?
>>
>>92059195
truly this, but with better spelling
>>
>>92054270
Lots of people like his JSA and Flash runs and those were nearly 20 years ago, dude.
>>
>>92060759
Eh...it more of a spinoff with just one of the characters. Moore and his lawyer could probably argue about it being a sequel in court and maybe win but at this moment Manhattan hasn't even shown up yet.
>>
>>92050635

I live in the Lake District of the United Kingdom!
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.