[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Desperately Reassures Fans Captain America Is Still a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: secret_empire_0_cover.jpg (634KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
secret_empire_0_cover.jpg
634KB, 988x1500px
So much drama around Secret Empire. Did anyone actually think Cap was going stay evil after the event?
Remember guys, in comics nobody dies or changes from good to bad permanently
>>
>>92040077
I enjoy the tears.
>>
About 75 years ago, this story would have been 12 or so pages long.

50-40 years ago, it would have been 22 pages - an entire issue. Maybe even an annual, an 86 page 'novel-length' epic.

In the 80's, this would have been an epic three part saga, possibly one of those crossovers they did between annuals.

In the 90's/last decade we would have gotten an event with little precedence. All of the setup would have been in the book, and the tie-ins, while intrusive to regular readers, would have at least attempted to serve the story or, in the opposite case, not let the event take hold of the ongoing story.

And now it's come to this.

Jesus, it's a monster now.
>>
>>92040202
What's the point of isolating event from main story?
This thing has been building up since Avengers: Standoff! which was one year ago, it's a continuation of the ongoing story.The reveal was pretty epic and so is the entire event so far
>>
>>92040077
>Marvel Desperately Reassures Fans Captain America Is Still a Hero After Secret Empire Backlash

>Fans

Somebody actually thought this was going to be permanent? Cap was going to stay Hydra? Did "fans" think he was going to stay old? Did "fans think he was going to stay dead?

Fans would know this shit would just run it's course and ultimately end up right back where it started to begin with.
>>
>>92040336
The point is to allow the widest number of readers possible to understand the story.

If everything in this book builds off of the main Cap books, then tell the story there.
>>
>>92040077
>Marvel Desperately Reassures Fans Captain America Is Still a Hero After Secret Empire Backlash
>Fans

You mean butt anguished idiots that haven't paid attention to the events leading up to this... er, event, that and people who don't read comics in general.

No shit this will not last forever, why the fuck would they have to assure people that anything in comics will last forever?
>>
>>92040077
I would actually prefer if Cap stayed i Hydra at this point, the butthurt is too enjoyable. That, and I hate conventional Capeshit Moralism and would prefer to watch a ruthless empire for a while.
>>
>>92040077
I think the main issue was how far they had to retcon things in order to pull off Cap's face-heel turn. It wasn't enough to have Cap be brainwashed or controlled, no he had to have been a secret Nazi the entire time.
>>
>>92040396
Because some "fans" are retards.
>>
>>92040460
Just only false memories from a cube inserted in.
>>
>>92040077
I don't think anyone thought that he was gonna stay evil but it's more of how things like this have a habit of sticking to the character no matter where they go from there. For example:

Tony-Civil War
Carol- Avengers 200, Civil War and Civil War II
Peter- OMD

The story may end but it'll still be a part of the character's history from here on out
>>
>>92040077
People are still pissed about this? I haven't seen anyone call Spencer a Nazi sympathiser in months.
>>
File: 1493757162247.png (262KB, 416x577px) Image search: [Google]
1493757162247.png
262KB, 416x577px
>make Cap evil
>OMG HE CAN'T BE A NAZI FUCK YOU MARVEL
>make Cap not evil
>OMG THIS COMPANY HAS NO BALLS FUCK YOU MARVEL

They can't win no matter what
>>
>>92033117
>>92033117
>>92033117
there's already an outrage at the outrage thread
>>
>>92040538
And they never read the story to begin with to see if it was good or not.
The end
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.