[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, is this really the pinnacle of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: received_385810381792569.gif (285KB, 1200x349px) Image search: [Google]
received_385810381792569.gif
285KB, 1200x349px
Now that the dust has settled, is this really the pinnacle of Garfield or did Lasagna Cat meme it into the ground?

Personally, I look at it like I look at the plane scene from The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
>>92033912
>Comparing the greatest piece of art man has ever created to some tasteless /tv/ shit

I don't think you're ready for Garfield, op.
>>
Unlike Davis' later work, this depiction of Garfield captures the essence and innocence of a cat's natural behaviour, while still upholding an atmosphere of supernaturality regarding the character.

Cat owners often experience in real life that their treasured belongings are not present at the location they last saw them at. And of course they all already know that their feline partner is responsible for the disappearance. But this joke would be too obvious and dry for the intellectual audience of Davis' work. Instead, he takes the everyday situation of a pet stealing their master's belongings and ups the ante. It would appear that Garfield specifically STOLE the pipe in order to enjoy the soothing smoke of a pipe.

BUT from Garfield's nonchalant facial expression the reader immediatly recognizes this is not the case. Did Garfield really "steal" the pipe? Or is he simply fulfilling his animalistic instincts and curiousity? There is no clear indication that Garfield is indeed an intellectual being on the same level as a human. He could very well have accidentally placed the pipe's end in his mouth while trying to grab hold of it. And yet Jon, adhering to human nature, attributes to his beloved animal humanistic traits.

All of these emotions depicted in three small, crudely coloured panels of a comic.

Art had not truly thrived before the creation of this piece.
>>
File: STILLWORKS.jpg (105KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
STILLWORKS.jpg
105KB, 600x174px
>>
File: garfo1.png (216KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
garfo1.png
216KB, 720x486px
>>92033912
Fist of the borf star was garfielf's pinnacle
>>
>>92034647
yeah
>>
File: 1492982413557.jpg (555KB, 1600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1492982413557.jpg
555KB, 1600x1040px
>>92034548
YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME
>>
Hones to god, can someone explain this meme to me?
>>
File: garpipestrip.png (111KB, 600x175px) Image search: [Google]
garpipestrip.png
111KB, 600x175px
>>92034548
>>
>>92037484
fucking skubfags gotta work skub into everything
>>
>>92037484

>add skub
>comic is instantly 2x better

Not surprised.
>>
>>92037673
Skub is the new MLP.
>>
Has anybody actually transcribed the entire video yet?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.