[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into the DCAU. Where does it start and how many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: DCAU.jpg (66KB, 565x300px) Image search: [Google]
DCAU.jpg
66KB, 565x300px
I want to get into the DCAU. Where does it start and how many shows does it contain?
>>
Batman TAS was the first installment of it but you can pretty much start wherever you want to.

The verse also includes Superman TAS, Justice League (later Justice League Unlimited), The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, The Zeta Project and Static Shock.
>>
It starts with Batman the Animated Series.
Chronologically, it goes (I believe):
Batman -> Superman -> The New Batman Adventures -> Justice League -> JL:Crisis On Two Earths (was originally a DCAU movie, before the script got repurposed, can still technically work as one discrepancies aside) -> Justice League Unlimited -> Batman Beyond
Static Shock & The Zeta Project are also part of the DCAU (the former roughly around Justice League, the latter around the same time as Batman Beyond), and while Batman Beyond is chronologically last, it was made before Justice League if I recall, with one of Justice Leagues episodes being a tie-in. Basically, watch it before Justice League.
>>
>>92029018
The JLU episode "Epilogue" serves as an epilogue to Batman beyond, but because it's sort of told through Justice League characters, it gets a pass.
>>
>>92028967
First time hearing about this Zeta project, is it good and whats it about? Rann?
>>
>>92029190
It's about a robotic government assassin from an episode of Batman Beyond who goes rouge after gaining self-awareness and is constantly hunted by the NSA.
As cool as that premise sounds, the show itself is a bit lackluster. It probably had the lowest budget of anything in the DCAU and the writing wasn't nearly on par with any of the other shows. That said, Zeta himself is a cool character and the show isn't terrible. I'd say check it out, but don't bother with it if you end up not liking it.
>>
>>92029317
D-does she fuck the robot?
>>
File: samurai jack 1779x2390.jpg (69KB, 420x564px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack 1779x2390.jpg
69KB, 420x564px
>>92028967
>>92029018
Thanks for the concise answer anons; you've been very helpful.
>>
>>92029342
But anon, there are also movies.
>>
>>92029317
A lot of how I imagine science fiction futures comes from that show. That and Cubix.
>>
The comic adaptations (Adventures In The DC Universe, Justice League Unlimited, and Justice League Adventures) are equally as good. Adventures In The DCU was written by Steve Vance who did the Radioactive Man comics for Bongo
>>
File: superman-adventures-001-00.jpg (255KB, 1000x1517px) Image search: [Google]
superman-adventures-001-00.jpg
255KB, 1000x1517px
>>92029614
Don't forget Superman Adventures!
>>
>>92029334
Only in our fanfics
>>
>>92029443
Well, fuck me. Would you be so kind as to tell me which ones and how they fit the chronology of the series?
>>
>>92029907
"Start with Batman: Mask of Phantasm".

It gives the backstories of Batman and the Joker before you even get to the main BTAS.

"Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" gives a good ending to BTAS even if you don't have time to watch Batman Beyond in its full scope. Though at least watch "epilogue" epeisodes of Beyond for League of Shadows, Bane and Freeze.

There are also two Batman/Superman team ups, a Batwoman flick that ties into "The New Batman Adventures", and Sub Zero: a Mr. Freeze-centric movie.
>>
>>92029988
Thank a lot anon. I'll put this information to good use.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.