[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hellbenders Pitch Pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6220.png (961KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6220.png
961KB, 1334x750px
>this is what they showed the Adult Swim executives in their pitch

Jesus fucking Christ no wonder they failed they fucking DESERVE it.

https://youtu.be/Q_5WrC36cQM

Imagine seeing this shit, not even the story boards are finished, and being expected to fund them as an executive. Goddamn.
>>
>>92028149
jeez that soundmixing is horrid, did they really present this to a real network?
>>
Why do youtubers always put the most effort in their worst series
>oneyng has hellbenders
>harry partridge has starbarians
Especially in harry's case where everything else he touches is gold
>>
>>92028149
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRPnFE4JN8&index=2&list=LLN7IA54XgDz8PacEgn-8G-A

Here's some more extras.
>>
File: 1463068385708.jpg (34KB, 587x472px) Image search: [Google]
1463068385708.jpg
34KB, 587x472px
>>92028149
fuck. bury it alive.
>>
File: 1476620336350.jpg (123KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1476620336350.jpg
123KB, 572x303px
Why didn't they just wait until they finished Applooza properly, then send THAT as the pitch? Something so unfinished as this is just silly, and of course it won't impress anyone enough to pick it up.

I mean, I know pitches are usually less-than-complete, but they couldn't even be bothered to add some kind of storyboards to those long sections of nothing but audio?
>>
Is every Oney joke just HAHA FUNNY REACTION FACES
>>
Can Julian and Ding Dong make an AS show instead?
>>
>>92028149
wow holy shit, they could've at least filled in the white gaps with a few drawings and not just leave it as random moaning. How do you know this is what they presented to adult swim? I highly doubt that anyone reasonable would think they had any chance with something this unfinished.
>>
Pretty sure it was a different one, something about Chris and Zach cleaning their room. That said the reason Adult Swim denied the TV show was because they wanted to change the name of it (so it wasn't confused with Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell) and the guys said no.
>>
File: chrome_2016-04-11_13-17-32.png (152KB, 436x418px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-04-11_13-17-32.png
152KB, 436x418px
>>92028263
MUH IRREVERENCE
>>
>>92028149
My main gripe with hellbenders is that it is way too detailed for a show so stupid, I mean, yeah, I'm all for nice animation, but when it's used for a series like this it feels kind of like wasted effort.

It also feels like it would be too expensive and scare off executive.

I don't know, maybe that's just me.
>>
>>92028316
I think the excessive animation is the charm really.
>>
>>92028263
Basically.
>>
Zach and Chris did sell Hellbenders to someone and Zach and Chris aren't saying who it was.
>>
>>92028285
After their twin-stick shooter, I'm sure Oney will rope them in.

>>92028316
My big issue with the pilot pisode that got leaked was that the overall episode felt uninteresting. The whole episode was about as funny as applooza, and 10x as long. I don't think Hellbenders works as a full 23 minute series, maybe 11 minutes like most adult swim originals.
>>
File: 1459649654590.jpg (5KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
1459649654590.jpg
5KB, 254x198px
>>92028348
'charm' is not the word I'd use.
but to each their own.
>>
>>92028348
Meh, to me the charm of it is the crudeness of it, if it was animated on any level while the art style stayed the same, then it would probably still be just as funny.

>>92028372
It could, though, the longer pilot felt like it dragged on a little bit. keeping the show reduced to just there house and themselves will probably get very boring very fast. they need more characters and environments. It just feels very under developed in general. I'm not saying it needs a shit ton of lore, just a little bit more substance.

That said, I know that they do have like, one character planned, and that's the Spaghetti Yeti (you can see him in the christmas special), which they talked about in Sleepycast and how they gave him a back story, but he might just be a one off character like the fly people.
>>
>>92028179
Maybe you're confusing the inverse: What if their worst series are their worst because they put in too much effort?

That's generally what happens when I create things anyway
>>
>>92028313
That sounds like bullshit. The name was random as fuck it could be changed. It was shit and the two fags never recovered
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.