[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scarlet Witch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: wanda-21 scarlet witch.jpg (22KB, 200x467px) Image search: [Google]
wanda-21 scarlet witch.jpg
22KB, 200x467px
So if she's an Eastern European gypsy, how come she don't fake disability while begging for money outside a supermarket, to then go home to a trailer in the woods where she engages in ineffective pseudo-hygiene?
>>
>>92027589
>she don't fake disability
the hell do you think that whole 'cthon made me do it' mess was about
>>
>>92027589
Because Americans are stupid and think magic is real so long as you say it came from an 'exotic' (read: anywhere but the US) culture/place.
They have never met actual gypsies and will gladly slap the name on anything in order to market it more easily for their drooling consumer peers.
>>
>>92027589
>how come she don't fake disability
Why do you think she was in the looney bin?
>>
>>92027638
>>
File: scarlet-witchjpg-a29d03_960w.jpg (251KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
scarlet-witchjpg-a29d03_960w.jpg
251KB, 960x1280px
Since she's Jewish Gypsy, how many bizarre and arbitrary rules does she have to follow?
>>
>>92027589
Because Americans romanticize gypsies.
>>
>>92028332
She is not a jew. Magneto is not her father
>>
File: zigenare.jpg (3MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
zigenare.jpg
3MB, 4000x2248px
>>92028501
>Because Americans romanticize gypsies.
... Why? I've seen more deformed Gypsies than slightly attractive ones.
>>
>>
>>92028546
And Judaism is matrilineal on top of that.

>>92028683
Because we don't have any. (Not counting some Irish Traveller scammers offering to do dodgy home repairs.)
>>
Becasue there are Gypsy have classes too. Only the bottom of the totem pole gets sent out to beg and scam. Higher ups sponge off them and live the good life.
>>
'Cause when Americans think of them they just think of that Chocolate movie with Johnny Depp.

DESU, like with Doom, I headcanon them as simply Eastern European and I'm done with it. If I were in charge of a Marvel Reboot, I'd make Doom just an Southeastern European, and Wanda French/Italian. There, done.
>>
>>92028683
>... Why?
Because we love independence and the call of the open road. Same reason Americans romanticize truck drivers.
>>
File: zigenarbo.jpg (183KB, 964x648px)
zigenarbo.jpg
183KB, 964x648px
>>92029123
>open road
Eh, the truth about them is more like they're living in slapped together shacks until get get kicked out due to being sub-standard.
>>
>>92027589

Wait 2 weeks for a new Wanda Thread.

It's a thread for people who don't like her.
>>
>>92028988
That's retarded
>>
>>92029897

Why anon? Do you live around gypsies? I do. There are the normal citizens who happen to be Roma, who are clean, live in normal houses and have jobs, and then there are the Gypsies. And when American Writers think of Gypsies, they think about that perfect Hollywood picture of sexy, ethnic travellers in pretty clothes. And that's dumb anon. I's fake and dumb anon.
>>
I find it funny that the only people to defend gypsies have never met them. I consider myself quite liberal but fuck gypsies.
>>
>>92028907

>implying

its like trying to make a difference between shit with tapeworms and just regular shit

>>92029997

Why anon? Do you live around gypsies? I do. There are the normal citizens who happen to be Roma, who are clean, live in normal houses and have jobs, and then there are the Gypsies

dont lie, cigány
>>
>>92030097
The fuck would I lie for anon? There are the fuck-ups, the majority, and the normies, the minority. Doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
>>92029997
>And that's dumb anon. I's fake and dumb anon.
Why do you care? There are TONS of fake and dumb stereotypes in comics. And you're right that most Americans don't meet gypsies, but that's also why we can't really fairly shit on them either. So the default is treating them jus' folk.

I mean, it's not like Scarlet Witch or Dr. Doom were gypsies to make some political statement. Wanda and Pietro were terrorists for a good while, and Dr. Doom is the Marvel U's premiere villain. Yes they lean into a Hollywood stereotype, but it's not of the sexy, exotic traveler - it's of the gypsy woman's curse. Dr. Doom's mom is a gypsy witch, she burns in Hell for her heathen ways and his whole motivation is to study gypsy black magic to save her. It also makes sense for the character because Doom WAS shat on for being half-Roma trash, and that's also part of his motivation - growing up hated by everyone in his home country.

Scarlet Witch is also basically the gypsy witch stereotype, now that she's actually a magic user.

TL,DR: If you DID de-gypsy-fy Doom, it would both remove important backstory, but also actually be PRAISED by SJWs for "eliminating the problematic gypsy witch stereotype"
>>
>>92029997
its the same with niggers and Niggers
>>
>>92030578
Doom's half-Gypsy half-Germanic in the 616, and Belgian Aristocracy with Dracula Blood in the Ultimate. But he's not full-Roma.

Scarlet Witch is full gypsy post the retcon, and half gypsy half jewish before it.

But eh, Marvel barely has any non-American characters. Like I said, I'd just change some stuff so they have Roma families, but not directly. I'm tired of only reading about Americans, so why not take the one or two characters who are kinda-European and make them European? (and no Captain Britain doesn't count)
>>
>why doesn't a character from the 60s fit my racist notions in 2017
>>
>>92027589
Beacuse Americans can't write Gypsies.
>>
>>92030907

>two characters who are kinda-European and make them European

Doom and Wanda and Pietro are all from countries in Europe. Look at a map
>>
>>92030953
Gypsies are the still the same as they've always been, they outright refuse to change even when help is offered.
>>
>>92031003
I'm looking and looking, but I can't find Mt. Wundagore or Latvertia anywhere.
>>
>>92031003
I know anon, I know. That's why I said I'd rather make them natives instead of Gypsies who just migratted there in their now-non-existent caravans. Give them some Roma blood but make them proper Latverians, Transians, what-the-fuck-ever.
>>
File: crazy nazi.png (380KB, 545x352px)
crazy nazi.png
380KB, 545x352px
>>
>>92027589
I don't know about all that OP but all I can say is that Toad had Top Tier Taste in women!
>>
>>92028683
Because they don't have any experience with actual gypsies.
>>
>>92027589
For the same reason Americans aren't all portrayed as fat ass in comics.
>>
>>92028907
Oh, so she is a Gypsy Queen, like the one who cursed Jimmy Olsen with his infamous bad luck.
>>
So is it okay to be racist against Gypsies?
>>
>>92033152

They arent human so yes.
>>
>>92027937
was this john redcorn's va?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.