[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /co/ opinion on The Mighty B?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Image-Bessie.jpg (124KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
Image-Bessie.jpg
124KB, 600x840px
What's /co/ opinion on The Mighty B?
>>
>>92025654
Applying boy humor to a female character doesn't work.
>>
THUCC
>>
It was alright
>>
>>92025654
Is this now a Dextra thread?
>>
>>92025654
I liked it, but i can see why it didn't do too good.
>>
>>92025654
The main character actually reminded me of an old school friend of mine in appearance and personality. Replace the girl scout stuff with anime and nerd stuff and remove the glasses and it'd be pretty spot on.
Didn't watch much of the show though.
>>
>>92025654
Definitely underrated, including by me. I should have watched it more.
>>
File: besse-4.jpg (18KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
besse-4.jpg
18KB, 300x220px
Can I thuck your penith?
>>
Overrated Spongebob clone. It's the exact same trash as Coconut Fred, but looked upon slightly more favorably because it has barely fappable lolis in it.
>>
>>92025654
Best cartoon out of the late 2000s from nick, along with el tigre
>>
>>92025673
This
>>
>>92028243
M... me pingy?
>>
>>92025654
NOT THE AGLETS!!!!!
>>
>>92025673
It would if she was more attractive.
>>
>>92025654
It was bad
>>
>>92028631
>a show that no one talks about
>overrated

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>92025654
How bad does Bessie smell?
>>
Weird. I didn't even hate it. It was just weird in the bad way
>>
It's pretty good! It wasn't super-ambitious or anything, but it felt like the humor was written for general audiences and not for any gender or age range. Like old PPG in that way. It just has the misfortune of not being as popular with /co/ as all the other Nicktoons from that era.

MLAATR also had "girl MC has hijinx w/ school pals and rich rivals", but with more waifus and a dash of sci-fi action-adventure premise, so /co/ loved it.

Danny Phantom had the "boy MC has hijinx w/ school pals and rivals" angle down, but with more waifus and a dash of sci-fi action adventure premise, so /co/ loved it.

Spongebob Squarepants was still more good episodes than bad at the time, and the fact that Bessie is a gabby yellow little weirdo with bad teeth probably made a lot of kids write it off as a Spongebab knock-off.

Fairly Odd Parents was HUGE and is still around because, like that Simpsons scene said, kids want shows with down-to-Earth, relatable characters and situations... that are also totally off the wall and filled with magic and lasers. On the /co/ side of things, it also has plenty of waifus.

So they basically covered the "relatable kid MCs" bases already, with extra flavor thrown in. With a fairly generic art style, Mighty B didn't have anything to set it apart from the other shows other than generally sharper humor than the Hartman shows, and when you're a kid Hartman humor is still funny enough.
>>
Didn't Katie Rice work on this for a bit?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-02-15h18m35s187.png (363KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-02-15h18m35s187.png
363KB, 640x480px
It was nice. Animation was good, gags were funny. Many characters are a cute, I like kids slice-of-life stuff so that gives it points from me. And while many shows have "girl scout" characters giving a whole show to the premise was a nice opportunity for comedic scenarios. In style there's a distinct Ren and Stimpy influence but doesn't have as much gross-out as its reputation suggests.
>>92032216
Yeah, the episodes she storyboarded stick out.
>>
File: B.webm (2MB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
B.webm
2MB, 540x360px
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-02-16h37m01s616.png (330KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-02-16h37m01s616.png
330KB, 640x480px
bessie bump
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.