[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOTG2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 56

File: KLX0300_comp_v087_grade.1022.jpg (1MB, 2123x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KLX0300_comp_v087_grade.1022.jpg
1MB, 2123x1080px
Why did Yondu sacrifice himself when Star Lord can survive in space with his helmet? Did it get destroyed in the fight? Pic related
>>
>>92025608
It got destroyed in the fight.

Go home.
>>
>>92025608
>Did it get destroyed in the fight?
Yes, it did. There's even a close shot on it during the movie so the spectators wouldn't miss it.
>>
File: feigin.jpg (10KB, 220x315px) Image search: [Google]
feigin.jpg
10KB, 220x315px
>>92025608
Is this the closest thing the MCU will get to killing off a main character? They can't just cut off them revenue fulcrums, can they
>>
>>92025614
>>92025688
Ah, I thought so, I must have missed or forgotten that scene, everything was moving too fast.
>>
>>92025715
but they kill off every villain to prevent them from reacurring
>>
File: 7525845.jpg (259KB, 620x477px) Image search: [Google]
7525845.jpg
259KB, 620x477px
I can't believe he joined the MCU as himself.
>>
>>92027322
A little too on the nose, but still good.

But still does anyone want a original Guardians of the Galaxy movie with Sylvester Stallone as Starhawk.
>>
More like
>jetpack runs out of fuel
>no friction to stop your inertia so they should've just continue moving forward in a straight line
>they still stop in the middle of nowhere

>>92025608
I'll tell if you come a little bit closer, , OP
>>
>>92027366
I honestly don't know.

The movie characters are so far from their comic counterpart, it's basically useless to be hype for anything resembling what I know.

So in the end I can't be hype about a character whose execution i can't predict I'll like.
>>
>>92025715
At least it's better than what DC did to supper man. "Oh shit he's dead like totally dead no just forget about that infamous comic stunt we pulled he's totally dead for real and OH SHIT SUPERMAN IS BACK IN THE NEXT MOVIE WOW ISNT TAHT SURPRISING GUYS?!!!"
>>
>>92027366
>But still does anyone want a original Guardians of the Galaxy movie with Sylvester Stallone as Starhawk.

That'd be cool.
>>
>>92027582
>Not Ego
>not Mantis
>not TASERFACE
>not original Guardians
>not Warlock
Every character added or hinted at in this movie is considerably detached from its counterpart now that I realize
>>
>>92027914
Yeah.
I'm very impressed really. On paper, something so far from its original version should suck balls.
But he evidently knows the original material and created something that's as weird, entertaining and interesting. Sure it's not as deep in the lore, but that's expected.

So it's a lesson on how to do an adaptation imo
>>
I didnt like how Martinex and Starhawk looked.

They are just your typical Ravagers, just one of them looks like Electro from ASM2 and the other one has yellow bars.
>>
>>92025715

you forgot quicksilver
i really hoped they had some plans for him in the MCU
>>
>>92025608
So what happened with Nathan Fillians charachter?
>>
>>92027914

Ego was pretty on-the-nose. Motivation-wise.
But the "Celestial" thing was unnecessary.
>>
The helmet got destroyed during the fight. It happens on-screen too. Holy shit you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>92028379
>So what happened with Nathan Fillians charachter?
He was cut, and it was an unimportant scene anyway.
https://www.themarysue.com/nathan-fillion-guardians-vol2-cameo-cut/
>>
>>92028456
Ego doesn't really know who he is and had never met an actual celestial. He said ALL life is disappointing, which meant he had not met his equal anywhere. Since he is clearly not as powerful as a true celestial, he is just having an ego-trip calling himself a god.
>>
File: ba dum tshh.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ba dum tshh.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>92028522
>>
Can peter control the ego-sludge on earth?
>>
Dunno about you guys, but I was pretty let down with GOTG2. The first one is by far my favourite in the MCU because of the overall epicness and world exploring and quirky characters. It has everything: Cool tunes, good story pacing, genuinely fun bits, great fights, amazing sights and an epic battle against a space terrorist. GOTG2 had its good stuff, but most of it was either predictable or downright cringeworthy. Still a good film but man, I expected something with a bi more punch.

Also, Yondu did not deserve to die. ;_;
>>
>>92028638
Nah, he lost his connection with the force when he killed his father Anakin Skywalker.
>>
there a rip online yet?
>>
File: Eson the Searcher.jpg (251KB, 768x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Eson the Searcher.jpg
251KB, 768x1009px
So what is a Celestial anymore in the MCU? Are they no longer giant robo gods? Was Ego like a bastard child that they never gave a body for? Was he originally the corpse of Knowhere?
>>
>>92028502
I laughed.
Movie still has the Farscape cameo which I wasn't expecting at all
>>
>>92028779
>Movie still has the Farscape cameo which I wasn't expecting at all

Pardon? I didn't notice a Farscape cameo.
>>
>>92028805
>Pardon? I didn't notice a Farscape cameo.
The advisor reporting to the Sovereign priestess is Ben Browder, the Farscape main lead.

I am just sad that there isn't a Last Starfighter actor cameo in there too.
>>
>>92028774

I don't think we're ever gonna see Celestials in the MCU. They're just so far off any scale we've seen so far, power-wise.

Unless... we see Thanos destroying them with the Gauntlet, and someone exposits how powerful they are.
>>
File: Rosen.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rosen.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>92025608
"Ah, yes. My Mr. Universe who knew the lyrics to every song on the radio...it broke my heart having to put that tumor in his head."
>>
>>92028853
>The advisor reporting to the Sovereign priestess is Ben Browder

Truly? I really want to believe that. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes out for that one when I rewatch it.
>>
File: 18.jpg (53KB, 247x275px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
53KB, 247x275px
>>92028805
hire me marvel
>>
>>92028774
Celestial is probably a blanket term for space gods.
>>
>>92028882

so is thor technically a celestial?
>>
>>92028868
He does his Peacekeeper voice, it wasn't until I heard it that I was convinced. I think he has one or two lines total.
>>
File: nfxm1yc25tpy.jpg (95KB, 1919x799px) Image search: [Google]
nfxm1yc25tpy.jpg
95KB, 1919x799px
>>92028868
>Truly? I really want to believe that. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes out for that one when I rewatch it.
Here, an actual scene I Googled. I saw the film in Australia.
>>
>>92028854
Guardians 1? unless you meant them actually showing up and not a video
>>92028774
"celestial being" more like
>>
>>92028774
Ego probably thought he was a Celestial, at least that is my take. Worse case, it's Marvel trying to merge a lot of the other unknown races into one basket to streamline the stuff. I doubt we'll get Eternals/Deviants involved with Thanos and friends.
>>
File: guardiansnew0002.jpg (157KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
guardiansnew0002.jpg
157KB, 1280x674px
"The beast's hide is too thick to be pierced from the outside. I must cut through it from the inside!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZcj-al5Suo

Who was in the wrong here? Aren't internals more vulnerable to damage than the exterior?
>>
>>92028942
>Ego probably thought he was a Celestial, at least that is my take. Worse case, it's Marvel trying to merge a lot of the other unknown races into one basket to streamline the stuff.
It was mentioned that there are people in the Cosmic universe who actually worship the Celestials and form religions, and that the people wearing Celestial masks in the Thor 3 trailer are basically cultists.
>>
>>92028981
>Celestial masks in the Thor 3
That sounds interesting. Those masks do look similar to the actual comic Celestials.

I think Ego could also be somewhere between another space fairing race and Celestial or one of the newer generation Celestials who never had any siblings or family.
>>
Liked the movie, but my biggest criticism is that practically EVERY moment that may hold tension is cut down by a joke
>>
File: thor_ragnarok_3.jpg (356KB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
thor_ragnarok_3.jpg
356KB, 1013x675px
>>92029040
>That sounds interesting. Those masks do look similar to the actual comic Celestials.
This shot is more obvious. The guy in the red helmet.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92029040
>>92029090
>>
>>92029090
>>92029116
noice
I hope Celestials continue to have a presence in the cosmic adaptations.
>>
File: file.png (962KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
962KB, 1080x720px
>>92029184
>tfw seeing this for the first time
took me by complete surprise
>>
>>92029210
>that callous genocide

Damn it. Sometimes, those Celestials are so gorgeous to look at that I forget that all of them are ultra hyper cunts who commit mass murder out of boredom.
>>
>>92027366
>Let's go steal some shit.

No, i do not.
>>
>>92029245
they were looking at him funny
>>
Remember how Ayesha and Peter were discussing sexual reproduction? That was treated as a gag, but I have a feeling she was genuinely curious about it. And since Comic Ayesha ended up trying so hard to fuck Adam Warlock, I can imagine something similar with the MCU version. Even more so since it is implied that MCU Sovereign society don't have sex at all, normally.
>>
>ywn have a qt yellow robo whore at your side
>>
>>92029491
>>ywn have a qt yellow robo whore at your side
I liked that they showed an actual whorehouse. They didn't show anything but they didn't hide what it was for. And robot prostitutes just made so much sense. The fact that they shut themselves down after finishing their paid task is extremely practical.
>>
>>92028651
gb2r
seriously though this one i felt is harder to digest since its way more of a james gunn film than a marvel one, that that you call "cringeworthyness" is a trademark of Gunn
i think it's too early to say but mabey i like this one more than the first one
>>
>>92029564
It was probably a self cleaning mode too
>>
>>92029116
It's so weird that Grandmaster/Jeff Goldblum was dancing in the credits scroll yet he didn't make an appearance in the film. I wonder if it was a scene that didn't make the cut.
>>
>>92029564
>>92029491
>>92029635
I liked how they formed a hilarious contrast to the gold-skinned Sovereigns who came to the planet to hire Yondu; calling Ayesha a skank without outright saying it.
>>
>Ravagers whooping and hollering as they jettison their formers allies into the cold void of space
space pirates indeed
>>
>>92029869
>>Ravagers whooping and hollering as they jettison their formers allies into the cold void of space
>space pirates indeed
It had always been the case that a large number of Yondu's men are genuinely evil, and that they had to die at some point. It was just a pity the good half mostly died first.

Yondu ended up being the leader of evil men and not being able to get out of it without violence. Maybe he got all the rejects that other teams of Ravagers don't want.
>>
>>92029934
I'd believe it, Stalone and his people gave off a different vibe from them just in their first scene
>>
>>92029441
I doubt they'll go there since Ayesha is for all intents and purposes his "mother".
>>
>>92030569
>I doubt they'll go there since Ayesha is for all intents and purposes his "mother".
They have no concept of parents. They are all birthed from pods.
>>
Do you think Vol 3 will have Wonder Man?

I'm also wondering if Vol 3 will set up Magus as the new big bag after Thanos since it seems to be leading the way for the next MCU phase after Thanos.
>>
>>92030645
>Do you think Vol 3 will have Wonder Man?

Nah.

I remember Whedon saying Wonder Man was the only Avenger he'd NEVER use in a movie. He really hates Simon for some reason.
>>
>>92028769
Yeah it's pretty decent too. Just look it up on any torrent site
>>
>>92030886
watching rn actually, Nebula just did her beam spam thing
>>
>>92030739
Whedon has no say in anything.
>>
>>92025608
This film felt like an extraordinarily high budget, ver long episode of a sci-fi TV show.

But a good one.

The intro with Groot overstayed its welcome and I'd have preferred it if Ego (and Quill, at the end) was wielding some crazier cosmic power, but overall it was pretty gud. Drax is genuinely the best character in the MCU, even if he's NOTHING like his counterpart in the source material.
>>
>>92027914
>TASERFACE getting a faceful of laughing Sovereign right before he dies
>>
>>92030905
Enjoy senpai. Try not to cry too much
>>
>>92031275
too late
though the zune joke put a smile on my face
>>
>>92028976
yes, but the outer layer will still be the same
>>
My question is when the fuck is the MCU going to get a villain other than Loki who isn't fucking shit.

Loki's pretty bad but he's not garbage, and that's more than can be said for
LITERALLY
EVERYONE
ELSE.
>>
>>92031061
>Drax is genuinely the best character in the MCU
>not Rocket
pfft
>>
>>92028638
thanks for reminding me that thing exists

When I saw it happening on earth, I was convinced that was gonna be a cameo for the avengers, or at least shield
>>
File: Celestial-Host.png (1MB, 1135x720px) Image search: [Google]
Celestial-Host.png
1MB, 1135x720px
>>92029040
>>92029090

Similar maybe. But there's no reason not to use their actual faces if you're gonna do that.

But yeah. Those guys are definitely meant to evoke them. But why?
The defining quality of the Celestials is their immense size.
>>
>>92029245

Not boredom.

How much empathy do you feel for the contents of a petrie dish?

>>92029668

Subtle.

>>92031242

>TFW that entire joke is a comic book reference so obscure that I am 100% I was the only guy in the audience who got what they were referring to
>>
>>92031351

Yeah, well, if a little man crawls inside of you and keeps hacking until only your skin is left...

Funny how it didn't occur to me before how scary Rocket really is. He can do anything a human can do, excepting that he's probably slightly less physically strong - but he needs less food, water and oxygen, smaller shelter, he can fit through smaller openings... if he so chooses, he could easily disguise himself as a pet or wild animal...

He was designed as a super-soldier, wasn't he?
>>
>>92032237
because the Celestials are ancient apex beings of the cosmos, so it makes sense that they would have worshippers around the universe

in a similar way I guess to how people would wear the furs of predators and shit, people started modling themselves after celestials as a fear tactic, but this is all just speculation on my part
>>
>>92028976
>Zoe's kids thinks she's related to the Hulk

...Now I want Gamora and Hulk to meet and become friends.
>>
https://youtu.be/L0SZ7dXcuFE?t=5m39s
>Marvel planned to do the same de-aging tech
>Russell's old-timey makeup artist suggested they let him de-age him "manually" first
I was really impressed by the young Kurt Russell I saw in this movie.
>>
>>92031061
I think the first one was more Star Wars with a hero adventure plot, while this second one did feel like an off-episode of Farscape with all the character development. The good news is, I like both these parallels.
>>
>cons
plot was non-existent
about 30% of the humor was not funny and/or forced
if you cut baby groot's on-screen presence by half, you'd still end up with more than is tasteful
severe fucking pacing issues up until the last act, it felt painfully rushed overall
Meme Lord and Not Gamora have zero chemistry
every scene has a hamfisted 70's song in it when it only fit a handful of them
did nothing to expand mcu cosmic
awful acting by the supporting cast

>pros
cringeworthy "we are family" moments aside, there were quite a lot of genuine feels and the last act had quite surprisingly a lot of heart
david hasselhoff jokes kept being funny
chris pratt is awesome
gira was great, sad to see him go for no good reason
final act was fun as fuck

probably my least favorite MCU film, and I loved gotg 1
this felt like jumping the shark
>>
>>92034419

I'll echo this.

One thing I noticed that bothered me was that in the first one, the universe was very serious and the Guardians were very gooft.

In the second one, the Galaxy was just as Goofy as them. Which I felt detracted from it.
>>
>>92034419
>>92034837
I've used this analogy before, but I experienced it like this:

GotG1 was like overhearing a bunch of guys at the pub having a hilarious conversation.
GotG2 was like seeing a mediocre stand-up comedian.

Totally different atmosphere. Even if GotG2 had managed to be as funny, it wouldn't have felt the same. GotG1 felt effortless, and GotG2 felt forced.
>>
Meme Lord and Not Gamora are pretty much the most believable relationship in the MCU outside of Ant-Man
>>
>>92035115
widow and cap fake kissing on the escalator in winter soldier was more believable
>>
File: 1735464846332.jpg (63KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
1735464846332.jpg
63KB, 500x677px
>>92035179
Real talk, I thought Widow and Cap actually had the most chemistry out of all the couples in the MCU ('cept Peggy and Cap).

Probably because Evans and Scarjo know eachother for so long and worked together on other movies. The Cap and Widow friendship was great and unexpected, so I'm not sure I'd want them to go romantic. However, if they went with that angle, it would still be the most believable and not forced romance in the MCU, especially if they did it now after Winter Soldier/AoU/Civil War.
>>
File: tumblr_obemco9Y0E1vbfixeo1_1280.jpg (866KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obemco9Y0E1vbfixeo1_1280.jpg
866KB, 1280x1707px
Leaked page from the tie-in.
>>
>>92035179
Peter and Gamora not kissing was p. good if you ask me.

I agree with what >>92035434 is saying, but I feel like Widow's character is totally fucked up from being written by multiple different writers. I have to forget IM2 and both Avengers to enjoy Cap and Widow, but it's a solid match.
>>
>>92035434
I was only half joking, actually
>>
>>92032308
Taserface was a reference?
>>
>>92028858
what the fuck are you doing cancer?
>>
>>92029116
So in the trailer we see Loki fighting to save Asgar? Is he still an asshole?
>>
>>92029491
>>92029564
How does fuking a robot work?
>>
>>92036077
He's an asshole.
But not a *complete* monster.
Also he can't rule asgard if it is destroyed
>>
>>92036351
>But not a *complete* monster.
He tried to wipe out Earth.

That nigger deserves a bullet.
>>
>>92028779
I thought Fillion's cameo Simon Williams.
>>
>>92033231
>Hulk gets with space Black Widow
Pottery.
>>
>>92036113
the same way a onahole works I'd guess, but it's now attached to a space LMD
>>
>>92035434
>Widow and Cap actually had the most chemistry out of all the couples in the MCU

weeeeeeew

give_captain_america_a_boyfriend said normies
>>
>>92027366
I felt the Haselhoff Ironic Cultural Reference has become such a tired cliche I cringed when Hoff appeared. It's not funny anymore.

The ending of GotG2 was terrific, though.

tfw realise Nebula lost to Gamora because she cared about Gamora more than Gamora cared about her,
and Thanos punished her by stripping away her humanity
>>
>>92036584
>humanity
>she's an alien
Really makes me think.
>>
>>92029934
Yeah, after it's revealed Yondu was exiled from the core Ravagers for breaking the code it makes sense that legitimate maniacs and the scum of the galaxy were the only ones willing to join his side hence it also adds to why they were all so obsessed with being tough and shit.

Yondu had a hard life.
>>
>>92030645
>Night Nurse will be back
Already got Adam, the Original Guardians and since it'll set up the next team I'm thinking they'll finally add Phyla, Moondragon, Cosmo, etc.

I don't think there's room for Wonder Man especially considering Gunn is autistic about having Peter be the only human in the movies.
>>
I felt like the actual characterisation in this film was great, but it was lacking in terms of the 'feel' when it came to things like the soundtrack.

A lot of the humour with Rocket felt really lame and forced. I liked Drax though.

I wasn't big on the opening title sequence.
>>
>>92028522
I wonder if in Guardians 3 we'll see something like that space colony in Secret Wars 2 where people just started building shit on/near a couple of celestials and made it a tourist trap
>>
>>92036698
>A lot of the humour with Rocket felt really lame and forced.
Kind of the point of his character, but with Gunn you never know if it was on purpose.
>>
>>92036698
Just wanted to add, I loved the way they incorporated Yondu and Nebula into the team, expanded it with Mantis too.

Rocket, Groot and Yondu escaping the ship was probably my favourite sequence.

Yondu's sacrifice felt completely genuine and I was actually tearing up a bit towards the end. Michael Rooker was really great and the highlight of the movie for me.

Way more effective than Joss 'I have to kill a major character in the last act so everyone gets how serious this is' Whedon. That worked with Wash and Coulson since we had time to like those characters, I couldn't give two fucks about Quicksilver.
>>
>>92034419
>did nothing to expand mcu cosmic

what? it introduced a dozen planets, new alien races, a fuck ton of ravagers, a new team of the old gang, a strong "evil" race, new tech

a bunch of stuff
>>
Does anyone have a screenshot of Ayesha bent over while she's piloting her ship?
>>
>>92036698
>A lot of the humour with Rocket felt really lame and forced
This is the most annoying thing.

He's a great character with terrible writers.

>>92036763
I could buy that if it was actually confirmed that Rocket was making terrible jokes either deliberately or because of some subconscious attention-seeking motivation, but without that confirmation it just feels like the writers are the ones making terrible jokes.
>>
>>92036656
Is there any hope for Wonder Man appearing in the MCU, then? Perhaps in a movie not by Gunn?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
Who wins?
>>
>>92036763
>Kind of the point of his character, but with Gunn you never know if it was on purpose.

I guess, maybe it's the fact that other people in the theatre seemed to be finding it genuinely funny banter though.

I like Gunn's other movies though, and the fact that Drax's parts in particular made me laugh, even though it's basically the same joke each time, shows he knows what he's doing in that regard. Maybe it is just a stylistic thing.

Two other funny highlights were their faces deforming while warping and the resultant Groot throwing up.
>>
>>92036773
Don't forget an introduction to the Celestials themselves.

I know people are freaking out Ego was one of them but I'm pretty sure they will explain there are "levels" in their race. I'm 100% convinced Thor: Ragnarok will expand on the Celestials a whole lot since they'll probably stand-in for the Abstracts that won't make it to Infinity War.
>>
>>92036796
>He's a great character with terrible writers.

Yeah, I kind of feel this way when I see him in the comics these days. I don't remember him annoying me this way in the first movie.
>>
>>92032308
>>92036010
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Taserface_(Earth-691)

Well, I'll be danged.
>>
>>92036764
>Starlord screaming and crying as his true dads life faded away in front of him
>Baby Groot being kicked around by the Ravagers
Jesus Marvel
>>
>>92036797
>No Wanda, call me Simon.
>>
>>92036800
I liked the fact there was a lot of Banter between the Guardians, but most of the jokes themselves weren't landing for me. But if you think about it the boys acting like complete retards, making poop jokes and the likes, contrast very nicely to how their characterizations end up being.
>>
>>92036800
>I guess, maybe it's the fact that other people in the theatre seemed to be finding it genuinely funny banter though.
I could not fucking believe my eyes reading professional reviews by supposedly intelligent people who thought LOL HUGE TURDS was funny.

Being around you faggots on 4chan has spoiled me into having taste too good for the normie world.
>>
>>92028502
>Mary Sue
Get the FUCK off my board.
>>
>>92028858

I'd laugh, but Greg genuinely does look like someone tried to give him skin cancer via forced sunburn at one point.
>>
>>92036834
>second spoiler
The evil Ravagers being assholes was brutal. I think this is the darkest an MCU movie has gone.
>>
File: C-2CS6pXgAY9JS2.jpg (252KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-2CS6pXgAY9JS2.jpg
252KB, 800x1200px
I hate how the Guardians will be a supporting cast in Avengers 3. I mean, who the fuck cares about that Xmen chick, Bucky and Vision?
>>
>>92027322
Didn't he play Nick Fury once?
>>
>>92036900
Watch and see how Star-Lord ends up in the spotlight after Vol. 2 makes more money than Age of Ultron.
Nebula is basically Drax, so you can expect her to have a more relevant role than filler Avengers, Ant-Man and Spider-Dutch. The Raccoon will be comic relief, but he will have a lot of lines. Drax, Gamora, Mantis and Kraglin will be War Machine-level.
>>
>>92036891
It needs to go darker.

Darker, I say.

But keep all the colours.

>inb4 edge
Maybe, but I have a thing for gallows comedy.
>>
>>92036891
Darker than Bucky bashing Howard's face in and choking Stark's mom?
>>
File: 115217.jpg (267KB, 1063x1500px) Image search: [Google]
115217.jpg
267KB, 1063x1500px
>>92036906
He sure did.
>>
>>92036906
Yes.

>Colonel Fury? I didn't know you also liked David Hasselhoff!
>Well, to be honest, when I was little, I thought of him as my... What the hell, why am i telling you this mothefucka?!
>>
>>92036952
But Bucky wasn't kicking a puppy around also robo-whores.
>>
>>92036900
I still can't wrap my head around how they'll work together. I know it's all stupid nonsense but the idea of Cap talking Rocket is ridiculous to me.
>>
>>92037005
>the idea of Cap talking Rocket is ridiculous to me
That's literally one of the reasons I'm watching capeshit nowadays. That kind of ridiculous fun is great.
>>
>>92037005
It'll be Loki mocking Cap, but to his face. Which will be great, because as a foreigner I want to see that symbol of American decadence and Imperialism blown the fuck out for once.
>>
>>92037031
>That kind of ridiculous fun is great.
Thats why i prefer Marvel movies (GOG ones specially) over DC ones.
>>
>>92036952
>Starlord screaming and crying as his true dads life faded away in front of him
>Baby Groot being kicked around and doused in space beer by the Ravagers
>Ravagers shooting other Ravagers still loyal to Yondu into space and making a party out of it
>Space whorehouse
>Ego casually admiting that he gave Star Lords mom cancer because his love for her was distracting him from his goal
>The underground cavern filled with the remains of all of Peters brothers and sisters that Ego killed when he learned they couldnt connect to his power source
>That Rocket/Yondu heart to heart
I'd say so
>>
>>92037066
But, anon, BvS WAS ridiculous. Fun? I'll leave that to your own judgement.

Wanna some granny peach tea?
>>
>>92037088
>>Ego casually admiting that he gave Star Lords mom cancer because his love for her was distracting him from his goal

This bit felt really awkward and forced for me. Like the way he just kind of dropped it in there.

Would have made more sense if it was a side-effect that he knew would happen and just didn't care about.
>>
>>92037088
I loved how Ego so casually tells Peter how he had to get rid of his mom since his love for her detained him from achieving his dream, also unironically thinking he would understand and agree to do the same to his friends, and then he gets full of holes.

Basically what happened in the final act of Civil War, but you won't see people complaining it was an unrealistic reaction.
>>
>>92037101
It was fun to an extent but having to look at everything with that black filter on depressed me.
SHOW SOME COLORS DAMMIT
>>
>>92036865
>not being so deep in this shithole that you enjoyed this LOL HUGE TURDS retardation ironically
>>
>>92037005
don't wrap your head around it
>>
>>92037142
>>92037088
Eh, i took that as one of the jokes in the movie. He just suddenly saying that was funny
>>
>>92037142
It was to show how detached from humanity (alien) he was and of course to throw more wood to the fire.
>>
>>92037168
I remember myself telling me "/co/ is so gonna hate this part" while laughing.

The only instance where I was triggered by jokes was in AoU though.
>>
>>92036865
this >>92037168
I've been here since 2015 and my tastes have gotten to harf to please but i still loved this movie. Maybe you shouldn't take everything so seriously. When something is meant to be silly its because its silly
>>
Yondus funeral was beautiful
>>
>>92037235
So was Mantis ... on the inside.
>>
>>92037228
>I remember myself telling me "/co/ is so gonna hate this part" while laughing.
The first minutes with Groot dancing. I'am surprised most of /co/ liked it and even /tv/
>>
>>92037254
That's because it hasn't premiered in 'murrica. The shitposting hasn't even started.

>tfw comfy GotG vol 2 threads will end in 3 days
>>
>>92035434
This. I actually thought it was going to happen because they worked together so well. Winter Soldier made me LIKE Scarjo's Widow.

That scene in the truck is straight up Steve friendzoning her though.
>>
>>92037306

>3 days before shitposts about how "memeians of the memexy Nu, starring memelord, memewhora, normie trash house plant, 'LOL UNFUNNY RACCOON, MARVEL CANT DO HUUUUMOR' and aspergers dad with social anxiety daughterfu ruined the comics" begin appearing.

Fuck, I liked this film.
>>
>>92037470
I'm ready for
>PAC-MAN off, bro! you and meme!

Truth be told I actually liked Pac-Man.If I had Meme-Lord powers I sure as fuck would make a giant anime girl to fight off a living planet.
>>
>“He’s more grown up,” Pratt said. “In the first movie he became the leader of the Guardians and that was his arc: to go from a selfish little kid who’s socially stunted as a nine or 10 years old, to someone who’s determined to become the leader of this ragtag squad and try to keep them out of trouble, with mixed results. In the second movie, he learns some seriously painful lessons about love and loss. And so, I think the connections are deeper. I mean, you’re gonna see some shit go down in Infinity War. It’s really powerful. But he doesn’t go backward. He is a different character, for sure.”
>>
>>92028345
They did the smart thing with him. Just look at the X-Men quicksilver. He's only good for the one meme scene where he saves some people and then they can't fucking use him because he's too OP, and so they had to contrive ways to remove him from the end-fight in both instances.

That's all the choices you have with a speedster. They're either useless or they're too OP, because the power on its own just doesn't lend itself to fights, unless you get a second speedster just to fight the first one.
>>
File: 1453828261390.jpg (190KB, 827x534px) Image search: [Google]
1453828261390.jpg
190KB, 827x534px
>>92037595
We're getting there, slowly, but we're getting there.
>>
Is Bradley Cooper a good VA?
>>
>>92028853
I fucking knew I recognised that golden bastard's voice. I just couldn't place him.
>>
>>92037627
Man, I haven't seen that fanart posted in years.
>>
>>92037612
To be fair you could've paired him with Vision in CW so he didn't have to mysteriously disappear from most of the airport fight.
And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to do shit against Thanos or the Black Order in IW.
>>
>>92028774
>>92028942

The Nigga's name is fucking EGO, of course he thought he was a celestial.
>>
>>92037655
Is there more to it, or is it just the Killzone helmet?
>>
I want to fuck that gold lady

I also want to fuck that bug lady
>>
>>92029663
The guys I saw the movie with didn't even notice him. Weird easter egg or whatever you'd call a credit-dancing-bit if he really never had a scene.
>>
>>92037697
I want to be platonic friends with and go on adventures with Rocket.

I also want to drop an asteroid on Africa and China, thus securing Western hegemony for a thousand more years, like any red-blooded Missourian should, with Quill.
>>
File: thumbs up bro you and me.jpg (21KB, 241x290px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up bro you and me.jpg
21KB, 241x290px
>>92037697
You're a man of utmost exquisite taste, anon.

Mantis melted my heart and Ayesha my dick. Mantis also my dick, but in a cutesy kind of way.
>>
>>92037736
Speakin of, why did they move from Quill from Colorado to Missouri?
>>
What about the post-credits scene with Warlock in the gold coccoon

Didn't they already show a different, open coccoon in the Howard post-credits scene from the last one?
>>
>>92037801
'coz Missouri is a better state.
>>
>>92037595
>>92037627
He did said the Guardians are different in Infinity War because of the big Timeskip. Maybe Rocket no longer makes jokes and Quill had already a kid with Gamora
>>
>>92037936
>Quill had already a kid with Gamora

let's hope not
>>
>>92037936
kek no.

>Mantis will learn Martial Arts.
>Drax will be pretty much the same, but won't call Mantis hideous anymore, in fact he might take offense if any of the Avengers makes a funny comment
>Rocket will still be an asshole, but won't hide his appreciation for his friends anymore
>Groot will be GotG 1 Groot
>Peter will be more mature but still crack some jokes and quips
>Gamora will be the boring straight-man once again
>>
>>92037936
>first movie about his mother
>second movie about his father
>third movie about him and Gamora being a mother/father

It's believable.
>>
>>92037936
>>92038114
>the son is Groot
>>
>>92038098
>Mantis will learn the art of the quip
>Drax will be pretty much the same, but with even more HILARIOUS quips about misunderstanding Earth culture
>Rocket will make assholish quips
>Groot will serve as a visual punchline, like a sight-quip
>Peter will be more quippy
>Gamora will be the boring quipman once again.
>>
>>92038171
Chris said he wanted to be like a father figure to Groot but isn't that Rockets job?
>>
>>92038171
>father tries to spread across the universe using plants
>son is a plant

Deepest lore.
>>
>>92038196
I think parenting Groot is a job all the Guardians share and want to do their best at it. Of course Rocket is closer to Groot for obvious reasons, but he's kind of a surrogate son for everybody except Mantis. Mantis is the team's pet.
>>
>>92038098
>>Gamora will be the boring straight-man once again
Talking about Gamora, I am amazed at her superstrength in GotG2. But I am glad they did this because she is SUPPOSE to have superstrength.
>>
>Yondu killing all the Ravagers with his magic arrow
OP as fuck.

Fucker could've taken on Ultron easily.
>>
>>92037697
>I want to fuck that gold lady
I want to fuck most of their women, not because I am attracted to them but because 1. Sovereign likely find sex repulsive and 2. I find them annoying enough to want to cause some anguish.

But note that the Sovereign are technically in the legal right for most of the film. They got a few million dollars worth of shit stolen, of course they would get mad. That is why no Sovereign characters were killed in the film, so you don't have to feel Rocket went too far.
>>
>>92038522
Rocket did nothing wrong. It's Peter's fault for not noticing him earlier.
>>
>>92038361
>can lift that giant gun and walk forward while it's firing
>can't reel in a green guy on a line

This is why I don't like super-strength. It never stays the same even over short amounts of time.
>>
>>92038625
Literally learn physics.
>>
>>92036865
>4chan having good taste

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>92038702
How would physics help me in a space-movie where people are defying physics left right and centre?
>>
File: cgirussell.png (794KB, 589x597px) Image search: [Google]
cgirussell.png
794KB, 589x597px
Pic related was pretty good

Also
>that farscape cameo
>>
>>92038777
When you're watching a movie like this you assume physics work the way they are intended unless proven the contrary.
>>
>>92038828
This looked pretty much flawless to me.
>>
>>92038828
>they barely used CGI for that scene
Based make-uppers.
>>
>>92038873
>>92038887
>tfw >>>/tv/82315944
>>
>>92038828
I had no idea Kurt Russel was even going to be in the movie, so when I first saw them driving in the car I thought they'd gotten a really good young-Kurt Russel lookalike just as a gag for what Starlord imagined his father looked like.

It might have been because I watched it in 3D but it looked fucking seamless to me. I can't wait until I'm 80 and they can just CGI all of the actors of my youth into the vigour of THEIR youth for all the new movies. and porn.
>>
>>92038887
Did they film it last or was his beard fake too?
>>
>>92039022
Last probably
>>
>>92025715
I think you will have you rmorbid desires fullfilled next year
>>
>>92036798
Garona obviously
>>
>>92039054
And then they will all be revived by the Dragon Balls
just like the comics.

It won't stop shitposters from complaining tho.
>>
File: guardioes2gamorastarlords.jpg (43KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
guardioes2gamorastarlords.jpg
43KB, 670x377px
>I guess we are both doing the Gunns now

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>92038440
I'm expecting that his fellow original Guardians to have the same power level

>>92038625
Idk m8, but pulling Drax in a free-fall seems a bit harder
>>
>>92039270
Did he always have that Ravager patch?
>>
File: guardians-galaxy-walking.jpg (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guardians-galaxy-walking.jpg
444KB, 1920x1080px
>>92039335
Yep
>>
>>92039270
That they will be double teaming James at night while Rooker watches.
>>
>>92039429
Cool, that's a detail I've never noticed.
>>
>>92039455
WATCH HARDER, ROOKER!
>>
The way Bradley Cooper says "do you wanna buy some batteries" made me laugh more than most of the jokes
>>
>>92037088
Don't forget Mantis looking into Draxx's past and losing her shit.
>>
test
>>
>>92040453
you failed again anon
take this letter home to your parents and get it signed
>>
>>92040030
And Drax' laugh only made it better.
>>
AAAH! MY NIPPLES!
>>
File: 4330524-yondu10.jpg (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
4330524-yondu10.jpg
31KB, 320x320px
I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!
>>
>>92038440
Literally a sign that he will die in the movie, can't have a guy who can kill any mook in an instant, too OP.
>>
When Peter was given the Zune I half expected him to be disgusted by the playlist Yondu put on it. Did Yondu send one of his boys who could pass off as human to get one? Does the galactic community have laws about landing on Earth given its current technological capabilities?
>>
>>92040433
>thanos needs all gems
>drax remembers his past
>goes savage
>get his hands on power gem
>gets uppowered, just like in his first days in comic
>thanos manages to get the power gem from him
>thanos has all gems
>>
>>92038361
Interesting how they implied Nebula was in fact the more human of the two sisters; she held back and lost whereas Gamora was ruthless (hence why Thanos did little "modification" of Gamora.
>>
>>92041137
But then that would undermine the whole
>"Petah! You could only wield the gem because you're half Celestial"
Making both Guardians movies irrelevant.
>>
>>92038361
She has like Nebula cyborg-parts, so she can lift between 500kg and a ton.
>>
>>92040433
I'd advise Mantis not to touch Wanda, then.
>>
>>92041177
Funny how Gamora somehow became worster girl. The worst thing that could happen to her was becoming space Widow. There's literally no room for development of her character unless they want to regress her as a person.
>>
>>92041187
Well, Drax is not a mere human, but youve got probably a point.
>>
>>92041223
>touches cap
>becomes gay
>>
>>92027882
What does DC have to do with this?
>>
So you think Nebula will be a walking corpse in Infinity War?
>>
>>92041247
>The worst thing that could happen to her was becoming space Widow.
Nah, the 2nd film made her far deadlier than Widow ever dreamed of. The new Gamora can probably defeat brainwash-Bucky with her bare hands, something Widow couldn't do.
>>
>>92038522
I want to fuck Ayesha doggy-style and cover her body in messy chocolate and cream and laugh at her.
>>
>>92038194
Will Drax ask "why have the Avengers not summoned Earth's greatest hero, Kevin Bacon?"
>>
>>92041312
Pwer-levels don't make up for personality though.
>>
>>92041369
kek

I laughed.
>>
File: blackorder.jpg (816KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
blackorder.jpg
816KB, 1400x700px
Who will fight them, /co/?
>>
>>92041316
Buzz off! That golden pussy is mine alone to humiliate.
>>
>>92041384
>Pwer-levels don't make up for personality though.
Look, I am just glad she did NOT kiss Peter in the 2nd film. If I can't have her being a canon sex-freak, at least I don't have to have her turn into a love interest.
And they laid a lampshade on it, with Peter saying they probably need to keep the tension up indefinitely.
>>
File: 220px-Operation_Moshtarak.jpg (17KB, 220x228px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Operation_Moshtarak.jpg
17KB, 220x228px
>>92041437
I put on my supersuit every day I'm in the corps, brother.
>>
>>92040827
That made me smile.
>>
>>92041437
The Ebony Meow.

He will remind them of their deceased relatives, make illusions of them and make them fight them. Then Mantis will harness the pain and sorrow the Guardians feel and direct it to Ebony finally defeating him.
>>
So apparently Earth music is regarded as the best in the known universe
>>
>>92030569
she was his sister in the comics and that didn't stop her.
>>
>>92041585
Yes, but Earth-Poetry is the second worst
>>
>>92041591
That might be true but this is Disney we're talking about.

>>92041585
>implying he didn't find the Zune in the 1 cent basket at a flea market in space pakistan
>>
>>92041585
I found it cute how Rocket pretended he only put up with Quill's music when it's obvious he likes it by making Kraglin play it when he breaks out of prison.
>>
HEY ANON

TASERFACE
>>
>>92041312
Gamora is sadly the straight-woman. Gunn does little with her.

Except her relationship with Nebula, which is very interesting, as it's implied Gamora was a callous bitch toward Nebula.

Alas, Gunn focused more on Gamora's predictable relationship with Quill than her complex relationship with Nebula.
>>
>>92041647
Rocket was tsundere as fuck on everything Quill related.

>i-i'm only setting up this complicated speakers because Quill bugs me about it
>i-it's not like i'm saving quill because i care about him or anything, i-it's only for banter! b-baka!
>>
>>92041623
>That might be true but this is Disney we're talking about.
And you are ignoring the fact that the Sovereign doesn't have parents. Adam is coming out of his cocoon fully formed and adult, there is no need to even treat him like he is someone's son.
>>
>>92038828
looks far more believable than CGI Tarkin in Rogue One
>>
>>92041585
The only other music we've heard is that wonky rave track from the ice world robo-brothel. There might not be a lot of it outside of Earth because aliens spent more time trying to get to the stars instead of twanging on strings.
>>
>>92041309
Gamora fighting to save her sister would give her a great motive in IW.
>>
>>92041788
No, anon, Disney is not having an incest angle even if the Sovereign reproduce by latching cocoons from their brains.
>>
>>92041647
How can aliens even enjoy Earth music?

They can't understand it without their universal translator, and even if it was automatically translated to their language, the different lyrics wouldn't match with the music's rhythm.
>>
File: fascism.png (209KB, 975x503px) Image search: [Google]
fascism.png
209KB, 975x503px
>>92041778
I hope to fuck he stays that way, too.

I can already tell that tsundere dickbag Rocket will have been way more fun than mild jerk who follows every mean word with "just kidding~~~" Rocket we'll get from now on.
>>
>>92041810
Since radio signals go on forever, I wouldnt doubt it if the galactic community discovered Earth because of its music since apparently we're located in the middle of fucking nowhere
>>
>>92041856
>How can aliens even enjoy Earth music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvcEP0EjqIc
>>
>>92041856
Same reason why weebs like japanese songs even though most doesn't understand the language.

The aliens are basically earthboos.
>>
>>92041856
Same way weebs can enjoy Japanese music when they only know meme-words from the actual language.
>>
>>92041437
Vision and Scarlet Witch Vs Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight (husband and wife) is already confirmed and Black Panther Vs Black Dwarf is very likely I think.

Supergiant and Ebony Maw are fucking boring, though.
>>
what kind of weird shit would you make if you have Ego's power?
>>
>>92041950
A boyfriend.
>>
>>92041950
I would become a cute girl.
>>
File: terrax.jpg (19KB, 204x306px) Image search: [Google]
terrax.jpg
19KB, 204x306px
>>92041932
>Vision and Scarlet Witch Vs Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight (husband and wife) is already confirmed
Really? Sources?
>Black Panther Vs Black Dwarf is very likely I think

That would be comic like, but Hulk vs Black Dwarf would be the thing, most normies would like to see, like in avengers 2, hulkbuster vs hulk
>Supergiant and Ebony Maw are fucking boring, though.
True. Maybe weel get pic related.
>>
was ego really wrong?
>>
>>92042048
Was Dormammu?
>>
File: 1493471683527.jpg (983KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1493471683527.jpg
983KB, 2136x1424px
>>92042048
>killing his children, because their race is a failure

Well, tell me, Anon.
>>
File: zimbabwe farmers.png (65KB, 1841x318px) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe farmers.png
65KB, 1841x318px
>>92042048
Yes.

Mindless reproduction is nigger tier.

Righteous life is a nobler pursuit.
>>
File: waatt.gif (3MB, 470x378px) Image search: [Google]
waatt.gif
3MB, 470x378px
>>92041932
>dwarf defeated like a bitch on wakanda
>dwarf holding his own against the 3 kree bad boys
we will never know his powerlevel
>>
>>92042082
>>dwarf holding his own against the 3 kree bad boys
It was the fucking Annihilators PLUS Annihilus himself. T'Challa just cheats.
>>
>>92041790
That's because they have the actual actor to use the mocap.
>>
>>92041950
A transforming mecha.
>>
what was the best scene of the movie and the most cringe worthy?
>>
File: 98908908`902`12.jpg (103KB, 700x751px) Image search: [Google]
98908908`902`12.jpg
103KB, 700x751px
>Star-Lord shooting the SHIT out of Ego
>the scene with Rocket and Yondu on the Ravager ship
>the DBZ anime fight with The Chain blaring
>the skeleton reformation body scene
>those sets
>that Gamora romance being sweet and not hamfisted/awful
>DAT FUCKING OG GUARDIANS WITH MAGIC[/spoiler

GOAT FUCKING MOVIE and I only saw a camrip so far
>>
>>92041839
>No, anon, Disney is not having an incest angle even if the Sovereign reproduce by latching cocoons from their brains.
If hardcore religious people in the West can accept that Adam can fuck Eve, I fail to see what's the problem that Ayesha would fuck Adam Warlock.
>>
>>92042326
>the DBZ anime fight with The Chain blaring
Literally Man of Steel it even ends with the planet being destroyed.
>>
>>92042310
best scene was Star Lord blasting the fuck out of Ego when he revealed he killed his mom, absolute GOAT reaction

worst scene was the turd joke
>>
>>92042329
Repeat after me: "I will keep my incest fetish out of kids' entertainment"

You've got animu for that kind of shit.
>>
>>92042335
>Man of Steel invented planet destruction
>>
>>92042022
Olsen and Bettany were filming in Edinburgh opposite mocap actors with Corvus and Proxima's weapons.
>>
>>92042378
I never said it did.
>>
>>92025608
that's not how space works.
>>
>>92042410
good
>>
>>92042335
considering you actually gave a shit about the characters...
>>
>>92042349
why did ego revealed that? it made no sense
>>
>>92042310
Best: Yondu and Rocket dispatching the remainder Ravagers & Yondu's funeral.

Worst: Poop and Groot bringing the wrong items. That shit went on forever.
>>
>>92042414
Half-Celestial my man.
>>
>>92042450
the groot getting stuff was kinda funny the first time, no idea why they extended it so much.
Taserface was very far from funny and went for a long time.
>>
>>92042447
because he was a sociopath and had no idea how emotions worked
>>
>>92042349
I loved how there was no speechifying he just fucking raged.
>>
>>92042310
Best: Rocket fucking shit up with Yondu or alternatively Quill and Rocket bickering over piloting the ship.

Worst: TASERFACE or the turd joke.

Actually, fuck it, equal winners for worst scene right there.
>>
>>92042445
What?
>>
>>92042489
One anon said Taserface was a really obscure reference, but I dunno, it could be James Gunn in disguise.
>>
>>92042414
why are you even on this board?
>>
>>92042571
taserface is a named character who gunn chose solely because he has a dumb name
>>
>>92042523
>Don't bullshit me Mantis! Did you know?
>>
>>92042571
It being an obscure reference doesn't make it good, though it makes slightly more sense.

Reference humour is the lowest form of wit.
>>
>soup scene got cut
>but not the turd joke

cmonnnnnn fuckin NORMIES
>>
>>92042623
Soup scene?
>>
>yondu killing the entire crew of a space ship
f-f-family movie right?
>>
>>92042607
The thing is that it being a reference may mean it wasn't supposed to be a joke-joke despite being a joke in-universe.

I mean who the fuck finds "Taserface" sounding dumb enough to break in laugh? I doesn't make sense.
>>
>>92042489
I was like, yeah, guys...it's not so funny the 6th time.

Also, the desk and the finger felt like jokes too far.
>>
Moments that gave you FEELS?
>mantis touching drax after he starts talking about his family
>>
>>92042654
>The thing is that it being a reference may mean it wasn't supposed to be a joke-joke despite being a joke in-universe.
There is no 5D chess here.

Just bad comedy.

If they had done it just slightly differently, with it being obvious that Rocket wasn't sincere and just riling the guy up, and nobody else joining in, it would have been fine. Might have even been good, seeing Rocket actually turn the irate abrasive asshole up to 11.

But nope.
>>
>>92042374
>Repeat after me: "I will keep my incest fetish out of kids' entertainment"
It is only incest if they resemble blood relatives, which they won't be.
>>
>>92042650
>crew killing the crew in front of a beaten up Yondu
>crew kicking and pouring beer on baby groot
>robo-whores
>Ego regenerating layer per layer
Surprising.
>>
>>92042081
>Not mentioning the economic sanctions against Zimbabwe
>>
File: No humanity.png (86KB, 351x371px) Image search: [Google]
No humanity.png
86KB, 351x371px
>>92042715
>crew bullying baby groot
that was just mean
>>
>>92042709
This is not a Japanese cartoon of course it is.
>>
>>92042654
It's kind of a hard name to take seriously.
>>
>>92042654
If you were a spaceman it would be funnier, I guess.
>>
anyone else not feeling rocket on this movie?
bradley cooper laugh is terrible too
>>
LOOK OUT MANTIS!
>>
File: 1408719183539.gif (975KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1408719183539.gif
975KB, 500x361px
>Kraglin as the second Guardian instead of Howard or Nebula
>>
File: cool dragon sunnies.jpg (113KB, 684x690px) Image search: [Google]
cool dragon sunnies.jpg
113KB, 684x690px
>>92042735
>implying Rhodesia didn't do better under a harsher regime
>>
>>92042747
almost none of their names can be though
what the fuck is a "groot"
>>
>>92042702
>There is no 5D chess here.
I want to believe.

The Taserface joke was just so bad. But anyways, Rocket mocking him, not only his name, was actually funny. I'm not even embarrassed to say I laughed at >scrotum face.
>>
>>92042793
great root?
>>
>>92042688
That was a great moment.

It's also I think where she realised Ego didn't love her.
>>
>>92042768
He seemed to get sucked into the lion's share of shitty jokes. I like him as a character but he was written fucking terribly, no question.

>the turd joke
>the taserface joke
The two worst bits, and he's central to both of them.

4chan would be able to write a more convincing asshole. There's too much LOLRANDUMB and not enough bitterness and hate.
>>
>>92042771
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That came out of nowhere. Hopefully his dog will join them next instance.
>>
>critics think some of the shitty jokes took away from the good parts of this movie kicking the other one in the ass
>>
>>92042688
I really, really liked the
"If you kill me, you'll be just like everybody else."
"What's so wrong with that?"

That gave me feels.
>>
>>92042826
At least he had a motive.

His overall arc was pretty good.
>>
>>92042799
Rocket finding it funny worked fine.

It just should not have been a running gag.
>>
what ending made you cry more gotg or gotg vol 2?
>>
>>92042848
yup, every meaningful scene was spoiled by a silly joke breaking the moment
>>
>>92042889
Neither one but I my eyes got wet in both.

I guess GotG 2 is sadder since Yondu dies for real.
>>
>that scene where Rocket gets self-conscious about his snout after Ego called him a Triangle Monkey
>none of the other Guardians stuck up for him

Geez. No wonder he's so pissed all the time.
>>
>>92042934
he got the right amount of comeuppance for his horseshit
>>
>>92042864
The
>he's a bad annoying asshole on the outside but REALLY HE'S JUST SCARED AND LONELY AND A GOOD GUY
arc is a bit overplayed, don't you think?

Rocket would be a much better character as the actual murderous semi-psychopath we're expected to believe he is when he says with relish that he's going to kill some Sovereign, and when he breaks Quill's balls. Instead we get a single line of him saying something mildly shocking before it's deflated by "they're actually robots :)))" or one of the real heroes, like Quill, immediately stealing the spotlight.

I know it's a bit much expecting that out of capeshit, but that's what I'd like to see.
>>
File: i love how shitty this place is.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
i love how shitty this place is.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>92042934
To be fair they were probably still pissed at him for crashing the ship.

Even though that was Quill's fault.
>>
>>92042826
>4chan would be able to write a more convincing asshole.

You overestimate this place.
>>
File: Rocket Wink.gif (1MB, 480x393px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket Wink.gif
1MB, 480x393px
>>92042970
Rocket just wanted to impress Quill-senpai with his flying skills. It's also why he wanted to install a sound system to play his mixtape music during the opening battle.
>>
My only complaint about the movie is that it doesn't know where to stop its jokes.

>>92042310
Best: Guardians arriving at Ego or Yondu's funeral
Cringe: opening with Baby Groot or Baby Groot bringing the wrong itens, though I ended up laughing when he brings a toe
>>
>>92043055
You underestimate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGxAMdr5nE
>>
>>92042947
>arc is a bit overplayed, don't you think?
When it comes to media every arc is.

>Rocket would be a much better character as the actual murderous semi-psychopath we're expected to believe he is when he says with relish that he's going to kill some Sovereign, and when he breaks Quill's balls.
Rocket being the one-dimensional murderous Raccoon is absolute garbage as shown in every single appearance he's had after the first movie in comics.
And considering how they played greatly how he's considered a freak by everyone he meets, and also how he feels about it, being set up in the first movie it's only natural that it would be tackled upon in the sequel, in fact, I would be complaining if they didn't. Coming to terms with it and breaking the walls between him and the other Guardians is only natural for his character.

If you want to see that kind of characterization just go read Bendis.
>>
>>92042970
HE FUCKING STOLE THE BATTERIES!
>>
>>92042890
>>92042909

Thankfully Yondu's death did not have a mood and tone breaking moment and was actually allowed to linger thorough the end of the film. Alongside Ancient One and Yinsen as the only meaningful deaths in the MCU.
>>
>>92043222
Who the fuck is Yinsen?
>>
>Yondu suddenly blabs about his backstory to Rocket while imprisoned

I mean, it's an important bit of information, but it suddenly came out of nowhere
>>
>>92043232
get out
>>
>>92043232
casual pls
>>
File: Boston Third Stage.jpg (158KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Boston Third Stage.jpg
158KB, 600x600px
>>92043089
>Guardians arriving at Ego

God, that centered shot was like something straight out of an old school space-themed LP cover. I loved it
>>
>>92043275
>>92043259
It's been a long while since Iron Man 1.
>>
>>92043259
>>92043275
he was in 3 scenes 9 years ago
>>
>>92043239
Racoons must be easy to open up to, fuzzy little guys.
>>
>>92043305
It's been even longer since Iron Man was created
>>
>>92043222
What about Peggy? It did made Steve felt Bucky was the only thing he had left.
>>
>>92043305
>>92043319
CASUAL PLS
>>
>>92043331
>giving a shit about Iron Man lore
>>
>>92043239
He probably realized what kind of guy he was when he was playing the tough guy against Taserface and wanted to help in his way.

>"you're not the only one with issues you faggot"
>>
Anyone else afraid the Guardians will be ruined after crossing over with the shitshow that is the Avengers?
>>
>>92043371
>doesnt even know the basic as fuck origin of a decades old superhero while posting on the comics and cartoons board or 4chan
end times
>>
File: 1344922720947.jpg (69KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1344922720947.jpg
69KB, 396x385px
>Kraglin gets away with being complicit in murder
>>
>>92043418
it will, I enjoy guardians as a standalone thing from the mcu
>>
>>92043421
Nah, Iron Man is shitte.
>>
>>92043418
Civil War was unfortunately better written than this
>>
File: C3_YWLYUcAA8LpP.jpg (59KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
C3_YWLYUcAA8LpP.jpg
59KB, 1200x750px
>>92043169
Yes. But those batteries turned out to be integral to killing Ego and saving the universe from being raped to death[/spoiler.]

You're welcome.

>>92040030
The way he said, "One's blue," as he tried to explain to Drax how unlikely it is that Yondu was Quill's actual dad also cracked me up. The fact that he didn't shout it just made it funnier.
>>
How did Gamora find a desert area so quickly? It looked pretty verdant for miles and miles around the palace.
>>
>>92043418
I trust the Russos and also Gunn is supervising the characters and at the of the day Infinity War is a purely cosmic story so I'm optimistic they will be fine.
>>
>>92025608
I fucking hated yon du in this movie
literally all his dialogue was explaining the emotional arcs of the characters right to the audience´s face.
Also that weapon was OP as fuck.You could kill thanos with it
>>
>>92043438
Anon, they killed his friends.
>>
>>92043341
Yes that, too. Peggy definitely counts, and her death profoundly affected Steve, and thus the Avengers, though it's a shame her death was truncated so Tony Stark and Peter Parker could have a loooong scene.
>>
>>92043438
Those who got chucked out of the airlock were HIS friends. He clearly didn't have any say in the people who got executed. And the rest were basically his enemies after that.
>>
that new guy using Yon Du´s power is gonna be the one taking down thanos.The wearer of the whisper blade is the most powerful being in the universe
seriously that thing was broken
>>
>>92043438
He was really sorry and he risked his life to extract the team from Ego (the planet) when he could have just ditched them to save his own skin.

Frankly, I was more conflicted about (and shared Starhawk's utter disgust at the act) the way Yondu sold all of those children to Ego. Until the end, anyway.
>>
Found this old leak in the archives. It got quite a bit of stuff right. Wonder if it's from an early draft.

>Months after saving Xandar, the Guardians of the Galaxy have become heroes for hire. The Kree empire has placed a bounty on their heads for the death of Ronan, and Yondu is betrayed by one his enforcers, Taserface, who seizes control of the Ravagers and seeks to capture the Guardians.

>The Guardians are hired by Ayesha, a member of an ancient race known as "The Eternals", to find a rogue member of their race, Ego. The Guardians are then attacked by the Ravagers and become separated, with Rocket and Groot being captured by the Ravagers while Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax make it to the planet where Ego might be.

>They meet Mantis, a clairvoyant who is the planet's sole inhabitant. Star-Lord finds out that Ego is his father and that he adopted Mantis after her parents died crash-landing on his planetary form. Ego claims to have been exiled by the Eternals for his love for Quill's mother. Meanwhile, Rocket and Baby Groot come across Yondu and Nebula, who has also been captured by the Ravagers. They work together in order to escape.

>Ego convinces Quill that the Eternals are planning to purge the galaxy of the lifeforms they deem inferior and need to be stopped. Quill convinces Gamora and Drax to help and the team regroups with Rocket Groot Yondu and Nebula to confront the Eternals.

>Once the Eternals are subdued Ego reveals that he has manipulated them and is the one that wants to purge the galaxy. He killed both Mantis' parents and Quill's mother and the Eternals had hired Quill because due to his Eternal heritage he could stop Ego. Ego then used the Guardians to help him neutralize the Eternals. The Guardians fight both Ego and the arriving Ravagers.

>Yondu sacrifices himself to destroy Ego and the Guardians save the Eternals, while the Ravagers are defeated and betrayed by the Kree empire. Mantis joins the team and Nebula goes off on her own.
>>
>>92043481
>implying he wouldn't bullshit a way to blow him up regardless
>>
>>92043492
hence his demise

>yfw kraglin tries to help in the final battle and gets a lucky hit killing thanos instantly
>>
>>92043529
>yfw Hawkeye ends up taking down Thanos with the Yaka Arrow
>>
>>92043322
Yondu seemed to be in the midst of an epithany even before that.
He seemed to be dealing with personal shit.
>>
>>92043548
>>92043548
To be fair he didn't know what he was doing with the kids. Once he found out he stopped taking his calls.
>>
>>92043552
>Kree washed their hands of Ronan and his ilk forever ago and didn't lift a finger to stop him even after signing a treaty with Xandar
>suddenly give a shit and put a bounty on his killers, who killed him during his attempted genocide of Xandarians and the Nova Corps while weilding an incredibly powerful cosmic object
what?
>>
>>92043475
>unfortunately

Why? "Civil War" had an excellent script. I honestly don't get the meme hate the movie gets. My only complaints are the dodgy CGI at times and Stark overtaking the third act because Marvel slashed the Cap/Bucky scenes to reign in the Stucky shippers.
>>
Ego walk and body formation scene was GOAT
>>
File: gif 2.gif (2MB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
gif 2.gif
2MB, 500x180px
this scene has a whole new meaning now
>>
>>92025608
Yes, you mong, it explicitly shows us this.
>>
>>92042623
The turd joke lasted 10 seconds tops. Stop being mad over nothing
>>
>>92043594
Seeing Stakar again and being betrayed by your own crew, not to mention feeling guilty that your loyal men were murdered in front of you, may take some mental strain.
>>
>>92043578
I expect Hawkeye to use it at least once.

I'm actually rather curious about the two teams will interact. Especially since Zoe Saldana has teased they don't necessarily get along in the movie(s).
>>
>>92043613
A faction of the Kree that follows Ronan are the one that put the bounty on the guardians.

I assume the Nova corps still let them run free because their treaty applies to all Kree, even all the ones that are against them.
>>
>>92042688
Yondu dying. I thought he would live and become part of the team. DAMMIT GUNN. At least he will come back for Avengers 3
>>
>>92043679
>the kree empire has placed a bounty
>>
>>92043613
They "renounced" Ronan but didn't really renounce him.
>>
I think Thor 3 will honestly be better than this even though this was still damn good
>>
>>92043559
seriously if Yon Du had survived there would be no goddamn infinity war.But i hope kraglin does something with the whistle sword.He seemed to be training with it at the post credit scene
>>
>>92043080
Don't forget when he asked that guy to put Quill's music while killing the crew
>>
>>92043485
I doubt there will be as much interaction as people assume.

I suspect Starlord meets Stark and Rocket, and that's going to be about it, aside from perhaps Mantis meeting Wanda and Vision.
>>
>>92043678
It'll be hero vs hero misunderstanding in the fist part. Then Thor comes in and tells everybody Thanos is coming. The Guardians freak out and then decide to cooperate and go to collect the stones finding Thanos' minions in the way. It ends with *SNAP* and the roster vanishing from existence.
>>
I thought Yondu is suppose to be in Infinity war?
>>
>>92043745
was either a red herring or a flashback/hallucination
>>
>>92043740
Half the roster*

And by that I mean all the irrelevant characters and maybe Hulk.
>>
>>92043646
Yeah, i watched the frst movie after seeing the second one and i was surprised at how much stuff there was in Vol 1 that happened in Vol 2. Kudos to Gunn
>>
>>92043745
So is Red Skull.
>>
>>92043146
>Rocket being the one-dimensional murderous Raccoon is absolute garbage as shown in every single appearance he's had after the first movie in comics.
I didn't say one-dimensional, anon-san.

Apart from his actual character as a murderous Raccoon being consistently undermined even when we're supposed to believe that he is one (except for the prison break, which was "coincidentally" the best scene of the movie), he is a character who is always keeping score in a game of one-upmanship that only he is playing, where screwing people over earns you points and being nice loses you points. The motivation for this game is his perception of the world as a hostile place - and not just hostile in general, but hostile to him in particular. People are specifically out to get him, because of how they perceive him as a freak and blah blah, so assholery is justified as a kind of pre-emptive strike against them. This, combined with an utter narcissistic disregard for them as individuals.

With this understanding of the character, my problem with this:
>how he's considered a freak by everyone he meets, and also how he feels about it, being set up in the first movie it's only natural that it would be tackled upon in the sequel
is that he DOESN'T come to terms with it. For starters, it's not that other people consider him a freak that is his problem, it's that he considers himself a freak. That's the source of his perception of the world as hostile - a narcissistic "woe is me" fixation on his own invented misery as "evidence" that everyone's out to get him ironically even as he tells others to stop being overdramatic. His arc in tGotG2 does nothing to resolve this at all, doesn't even touch this. All it does is make him stop considering the other Guardians part of the game.

So, in a way, I found him underdeveloped in tGotG2.

A tiny bit more to follow...
>>
>>92043818
BULLSHIT

SOURCE
>>
>>92043775
every dead character is coming back for a royal rumble for thanos' amusement
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (674KB, 2048x1310px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
674KB, 2048x1310px
>>92043820
...cont

I'd much rather see them actually tackle his nature, and not just his behaviour. And, ideally, I'd like him to double-down on his self-hatred and become more morose and bitter, though also more leashed by the Guardians, so that he is a point-and-let-explode even more murderous Raccoon who is grudgingly compliant with a handful of people who he values inestimably, rather than an increasingly less murderous Raccoon because of the power of friendship.

It's not a happy ending, but objectively speaking he's a cunt who doesn't deserve one, and thanks to his narcissism probably doesn't want one - because then he'd have nothing to whinge about.
>>
>>92043631
>"Civil War" had an excellent script.
Steve enters stage left.
Stark enters stage right.
Stark: Hello Captain America.
Steve: Hello Iron Man.
Camera 2 close up on Steve's face.
Steve: Or should I say, Iron Boy!
Cut to black.
Pause fifteen seconds for post-clip laughter to die down in cinema.
Cut to Steve and Stark fighting.
>>
>>92043730
Star-Lord is definitely fighting alongside Iron Man and Spider-Man in the alien wasteland and there's concept art of Rocket and Thor fighting side by side.

Plus Saldana's and Bautista's comments certainly make it sound like both full teams meet each other.
>>
File: 1372550466892.gif (3MB, 376x212px) Image search: [Google]
1372550466892.gif
3MB, 376x212px
>>92043917
orange slices xD
>>
>>92043800
Did anyone else pick up the brick joke about the eye?

In vol 1 Rocket says he needs "that guy's eye"
In vol 2 he gets it.
>>
>>92043940
>Spider-Man

Wait, really?
>>
>>92043917
I'm sure you have a point but you've done a shitty job presenting it.
>>
at least it didn't have any dr strange beyonce tier jokes
>>
Who are the guys shown fighting during the jumps?
Is there a Nova helmet among the skeletons?
>>
>>92043990
>strange making a bad joke because he isn't funny is worse than a joke about poop
>>
>>92043983
Sounds like something else I know.

Could this be the fabled 5D chess?
>>
>>92043981
I think people are basing the assumption on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5YwUdTxIPE

They're clearly all there but that doesn't mean they'll all be on screen together.
>>
>>92043975
Yeha that one too, also the stuff at the start with the crew telling Yondu he was always soft with Quill. Although there is a scene where it looks like Yondu was truly going to kill Quill if not for him telling him about a reward for the gem
>>
>>92044033
All three are clearly filming for the same scene.
>>
>>92044100
>>92044033
>Spidey defeats his first real villain

>goes to space right after

nice one
>>
>>92044100
Pratt is the only one obviously in costume, maybe RDJ and Holand were just hanging out on set waiting for their scene later in the day. It's pretty likely they'll all be in it but that video alone is no guarantee.
>>
>>92043820
>I didn't say one-dimensional, anon-san.
You certainly didn't build up anything more meaningful that that. Being an angry raccoon is good as a symptom of his character, and not being the whole thing.

>invented misery as "evidence" that everyone's out to get him
And now this is silly. You must be blind or something if you think everything is on his head. Every character they met calls him names. He developed an inferiority complex which hides by being an asshole. They nearly spell it for you in the first movie.

>His arc in tGotG2 does nothing to resolve this at all, doesn't even touch this
Except it's the whole point of his character in the movie. It just doesn't focus in his situation, but how he deals with it.
Once he comes in terms with it he finally opens up to Peter.

>>92043854
>let's make the raccoon even an actual maniac because he's a tortured soul
Sounds like a shitty DA profile. Just making the Raccoon the edgiest because it's funny that way.

Don't forget the point of the movie is POWER OF THE FRIENDSHIP and how it helps each character to progress as people and family.
>>
>>92044168
Bruh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3eis7wFKTw
>>
>>92044168
>Iron Man
>costume
kek
>>
>>92044281
Well that video is no longer alone, that one makes it seem much more likely.

Isn't Tony warning him about being irresponsible and too daring etc. in Homecoming? Then he just takes him into space against a galactic menace, classic Tony.
>>
>>92044370
Tony is a fuck up of course he would fuck up unclehood too.
>>
>Avengers: Infinity War is scheduled to be released on May 4, 2018, in IMAX. An untitled sequel is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2019.

holy fuck, i had no idea there were so close
>>
>>92044440
Literally how?

It's a two-part movie they just market them as stand alone because two parters have a bad track records.
>>
>>92044370
Spider-Man was also spotted in the Edinburgh set with a new suit.
>>
>>92044272
>Every character they met calls him names
That... is not "out to get you."

Nobody at any point in any of the movies has ever been specifically hostile towards Rocket for any reason other than what Rocket has fucking done to them. His past was plenty miserable, sure, but the misery he experiences today is entirely self-inflicted because he is a narcissistic asshole cunt who invents reasons to be an asshole.

>He developed an inferiority complex which hides by being an asshole
Yeah, that's what I said. It's all in his head. Invented misery. It is his wrong perception of the world as specifically hostile to him that causes his problems.

>Once he comes in terms with it
He doesn't. The source of his inferiority complex is his self-hatred, which tGotG2 never touches. Yondu does the equivalent of ask him to stop being mean to people and for some fucking reason this solves all of Rocket's problems. Does he not think he's inferior anymore? If not, WHY not? Yondu's criticisms of him never touch that issue, just "you're scared and alone and that's why you lash out."

>Sounds like a shitty DA profile. Just making the Raccoon the edgiest because it's funny that way.
Or, y'know, because it's more interesting than yet another heel-face turn that destroys everything unique about Rocket and turns him into another quip machine.

>Don't forget the point of the movie is POWER OF THE FRIENDSHIP and how it helps each character to progress as people and family.
Like I said, I know it's never gonna happen. I expected nothing. But I am still disappointed.
>>
>>92044475
I meant to now more than to each other
>>
>>92043492
you know they actually have access to nukes and stuff
>>
>>92044524
>That... is not "out to get you."
You're basing it all off on your own headcanon, nigger, of course it won't fit.
He doesn't feel everybody is "out to get him" it's the passive-agressive shit and self-awareness he gets every time that he developed an inferiority complex and is always on the defensive. It's not something he invented, it's something that basically happens all the time.

I'm not even greentexting anything else. You're too deluded on your own fanfiction and make dumb claims based on a completely wrong impression you got of the character.
>>
I mostly just enjoyed this as a non-Star Wars space opera, pretty rare but we're getting two this year. Hopefully Valerian is good too.
>>
>>92043678
>I expect Hawkeye to use it at least once.
>magical ant arrow
>>
>>92044631
>He doesn't feel everybody is "out to get him"
Nah, the multiple times he refers to getting even with people who think that they're better than him are clearly just quips that fall flat.

>it's the passive-agressive shit and self-awareness he gets every time that he developed an inferiority complex
In that case he's an even worse narcissistic bitch baby than I perceived him as. What, he gets called some mean names and fucking falls apart?

Now THAT is a character I don't believe.
>>
>>92043678
>Especially since Zoe Saldana has teased they don't necessarily get along in the movie(s).
Of course they don't.

Quill's a rural working-class hick from Missouri from an older time and place with strong ideas about where the coloureds belong re: WASP Americans, whereas Tony is a liberal rich playboy faggot and Steve espouses whatever liberal garbage is trendy in a palatable red-white-and-blue palaver.

Based Quill will save the USA from it's greatest enemy: itself.
>>
am I the only one here who didn't like it? so much of the humor felt forced and disingenuous.
>>
>>92044762
>strong ideas about where the coloureds belong

I feel like being in space surrounded by numerous species of all colours will have quashed any of those ideas.
>>
>>92044800
I liked it for more than the humor
>>
>>92044762
Nigger, he's a kid from the 80s not the jock that used to bully Steve.
>>
>>92044824
How so?

The only thing different about them is their skin colour and they're literally a different species, with different capabilities and history and culture.
>>
>>92044703
That reminds me, I need to watch Jupiter Rising this weekend once I've shed my sobriety
>>
>>92044869
He probably hates some smelly alien species way more than he would his own kind. Has he even seen any terrans in all the time he's been in space?
>>
>>92044900
Nope.

Gunn threw a tanty and banned other humans than Quill in his movies.
>>
>>92044762
>Quill's a rural working-class hick from Missouri from an older time and place with strong ideas about where the coloureds belong re: WASP Americans

>gets into a fight because kids were picking on the weak and defenseless

durr im a dumbass
>>
>>92044910
Even though plenty of "aliens" look just like humans. Maybe they have dented vaginas.
>>
>>92044910
>Gunn threw a tanty and banned other humans than Quill in his movies.

t. bootyblasted Nova fan
>>
File: Star-Lord & Gamora.jpg (142KB, 780x395px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Lord & Gamora.jpg
142KB, 780x395px
I enjoy this pairing. They have nice chemistry and banter.

Come at me.
>>
>>92045073
>not PeterxRocket
Shit taste.
>>
>>92045023
>t. bootyblasted Nova fan
Why can't Nova be, I don't know, a Zandar native? Glen Close was the leader of the Nova Corp and she looked human.
>>
>>92045073
it was in the movie for the perfect amount of time. what, two scenes?
>>
>>92045154
They're building up to the big kiss.

Either that or Thanos kills Gamora in IW and Peter goes nuclear.
>>
>>92044703
>Harry Osborn
>June Moon
>>
>>92045073
She felt more like his mom in this movie than a potential lover. Especially during their conversation in the forest about whether or not they should humor Ego's claims of fatherhood.
>>
>>92042688
The "use the heart" part, yes that's absolute cheesy but the memories of his mother, friends and real father we're really sweet
>>
>>92029663
>>92037861
NYAA IS KILL, FUCK IT ALL
>>
>>92046845
What's the big deal? It happens every other day.
>>
>>92036402
>He tried to wipe out Earth.
He wants to rule Earth. Genocide wasn't the goal.
>>
>>92042650
Yeah, was really surprised that the movie got away with so much stuff, such as the whole massacre, whorehouse, gruesome deaths and general darker moments even though it was a PG-13 feature.
>>
>>92048105
No gore, no nudity (Rocket doesn't count) just flashy colorful deaths everywhere
>>
>>92048215
Rocket was never naked, you perv. Groot was half the time though.
>>
>>92036798
Widow is strong enough to defeat Hulk's cock multiple times, she wins.
>>
>>92048247
>implying anything Whedon is canon
>>
So, uh, if that's MCU what are the superpowers of characters? I mean, seriously.
>>
>>92048410
Meme-Lord shoots
Green cuts
Big Man also cuts and punches
Trash-Panda shoots big guns
Tree binds
Bug is >tfw
Blue Man whistles
Living Planet performs the third impact
>>
>>92048450
>Green cuts
Also has super strength that is kept understated.

>>92048450
>Big Man also cuts and punches
He got beefed up in the sequel as to be extremely durable.
>>
File: 1435591994919.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1435591994919.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
>>92040827
Honestly most of the non-"haha penis haha fart haha PACMAN" jokes made me laugh or smile, especially that
still mad how Drax got flanderised to all hell
>>
Test
>>
>>92048549
>not liking based Pac-Man
What a faggot.
>>
>>92048563
imo it was just stupid and unnecessary
now if he turned into Skeletor now that would had been cool
>>
>>92048582
You're still a faggot regardless.
>>
>>92048450
I forgot
Blue Woman zaps and cries
>>
>>92048450
Aren't those just achieved skills and natural traits of alium species/cyborgs?
>>
>>92048662
Gear counts as super powers.
>>
>>92048680
If you are a Tony Stark in modern NYC, sure. But I don't think those hardware toys are all that rare or unique in the galaxies far far away.
Comic relief pirate companion in the end of the movie uses the whistling arrow. He sure lacks blue man's skill and needs lot of practice, but still.
>>
I just realized that there was essentially no direct footage of Gamora or Drax fighting, with no fight choreography to speak of.

It's pretty sad that they got reduced to sappy/lol hilarious caricatures.
>>
>>92048733
The guy asked a question and I answered. The legitimacy of the powers is up to the watcher.
>>
>>92048748
No one cares about Gamora, but it's a shame Drax didn't destroy anything.
>>
>>92048748
Fights are good for comic books since they are visually appealing and you can add a witty conversation along with inner monologue of the hero right along.
In movies brawling is not all that convenient and generally are but the mere waste of screen time.
>>
So, will Pac-Man be the main meme of the movie once its released in burgerland?
>>
But wait wasn't Adam's cocoon already shown earlier before this movie? How can he be a new life form?
>>
>>92048976
That's how the Sovereign reproduce
>>
I just love how Bucky/Winter Soldier is referenced as "Shiro" from Voltron LOL
>>
Why no one in this movie carries reserve spacesuits, it's not like they are that heavy or volumetric anyway?
>>
>>92048549
My favorite was when after they're done warping 700 times, Yondu and Rocket are dazed on the floor, then Groot (who looks fine) smiles and opens his mouth to speak only for a thin trail of vomited sap to spill down his Ravager duds.
>>
>>92048759
He had that badass scene where he jumps out of the Milano to blow up the Sovereign chasing them through the Quantum Asteroid field
>>
>>92048857
Mary Poppins, y'all!
>>
>>92048254
Bruce x Natasha IS canon tho
>>
>>92038887
They had a facial reference from a younger clean-shaven guy, though, so they wouldn't make the same mistake as with CLU, where the mouth area looks wonky simetimes because CLU's shaven face still has mocap from beardy Jeff Bridges.
>>
>>92049314
I'll take a bet that the Hulk and Widow romance will be ignored in Infinity War. Same with Thor and Jane and Cap and Agent 13.

They're not gonna have time for romantic subplots in the movie and none of those were particularly well received.
>>
>>92049680
Correction, they're not gonna have time for romantic subplots other than Vision and Scarlet Witch. That's gonna be the main romance in the movie.
>>
>>92049700
was that one well received? people seem pretty mixed on it.
>>
>>92049726
chances are they are gonna set it up as feels-bait for when thanos fucks up vision
>>
>>92049726
They didn't spend that much time with it but from what I've seen, yeah.

My friends thought it was cute, especially my female friends who think Scarlet Witch is really cool because of her glowy pink powers, kek. With Hulk and Widow and Cap and Agent 13 they were pretty confused ("Where the hell did this romance come from?" and "Who the hell is this blonde chick?" respectively). Vision and Scarlet Witch had significant screentime in Age of Ultron so they liked the cooking scene in Civil War.
>>
Why all the non-whites in this movie look like weird-faced aliens? Latinos, negroes, asians - everyone.
>>
>>92049819
Everyone in the film's a weird-faced alien except Peter, Ego in his Kurt Russel form and Starhawk Stallone. Rooker, Gillan, Dibicki and Farscape Dude are all weird-faced aliens but you're not complaining about them because you suck more dicks than OP.
>>
>>92049866
So non-american whites are also aliens. This makes even more sense now.
>>
File: confused rooker.jpg (17KB, 220x320px) Image search: [Google]
confused rooker.jpg
17KB, 220x320px
>>92049896
The South is non-American?
>>
Zardu Hassefreau!
Zardu Hassefreau!
>>
>>92049909
You see the pattern now.
>>
File: yessssssss.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yessssssss.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>>92025608
>mfw my favourite song is also Ego and Star Lord's
>>
What's your favorite Vol. 2 song, other than The Chain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btY-wd9du4Y
>>
Did feige get gunn to crush the Sony?
>>
>>92043319
>2013 was 9 years ago
>>
>>92043481
>one's blue
>the fact he didn't shout it

He did in the German dub.
Normally we're pretty good at dubbing shut.
>>
So apparently David Hasselhof is the ideal daddy.
>>
>>92050413
the one you posted made for probably the best scene in the movie
>>
>>92050666
Yes but his *ego* made him choose Kurt Russell's form instead
>>
>>92050768
I don't just mean Ego's take on it. Peter wanted Hasselhof to be his daddy. He carried a picture around into adult age. He must have kept that picture on him, even in the middle of the night, even back when he was taken from Earth. At the end, when speaking at Yondu's funeral, the comparison he makes is to Hasselhof, saying that even for all of Yondu's faults, he figures it kinda was like having Hasselhof for a father. That's the capstone to his speech. It's the greatest compliment he could give.
>>
Great movie, the only thing that took me off is the ridiculous Man Of Steel fight between Starlord and Ego
>>
>>92050880
Yeah I can get that. It probably won't happen again, at least.
>>
>>92050413
Brandy, no doubt.
>>
>>92050666
...for a traumatised manchild who heavily romanticised all his memories of Earth, yes.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.