[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wont you guys like Avatar the last airbender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1278052916515s.jpg (8KB, 251x136px) Image search: [Google]
1278052916515s.jpg
8KB, 251x136px
Why wont you guys like Avatar the last airbender?
>>
>>92023445
Avatar: The Last Airbender is fine.
M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender was lame.
>>
>>92023445
I'd rather have a live action remake of the Ember Island Players than this tbph.
>>
Holy fuck, was gonna say "Cause I only like the Shyamalamalan movies with super powers" but that would have blown up in my face...

So I'm gonna blame a white man...other than myself.
>>
>>92023445
I wonder how many potential fans this series lost thanks to being exposed to this movie first
>>
Shyamalan went full retard the moment he decided that aliens attacking the planet that is 70+ percent made out of stuff that kills them for the sake of MUH HOLY WATER MUH RELIGIOUS ALLEGORIES is a good idea and never came back.
>>
>>92023445

>Why wont you guys like Avatar the last airbender?

As a movie, it blows. As an adaptation, it blows even worse.
>>
>>92023906

"Signs" is forgivable to some extent. "The Village" was where he really went full fucking retard. "The Happening" was where he lost even that last remaining bit of his mind.

I still laugh at Mark Wahlberg's "oh NO!" when he's running from THE FUCKING WIND. Just...goddamn. If there was any modern film I'd want on the new MST3K, "The Happening" would be it.
>>
>>92023972
>"Signs" is forgivable to some extent.
Well, maybe it's just that in my eyes it was 10/10 horror movie until the reveal, so I'm especially harsh on it.
I do agree that the other two are worse.
>>
Korra live action when?
I want to fap to her abs in 3D
>>
>>92024160

Never, the franchise is dead outside of the comics.
>>
>>92024015

Signs was really popular when it as released, anon. The other guy is right that's it's the village where he went full retard and was beginning to be exposed.
>>
>>92024160
>implying LA Korra would have abs
they'd get the skinniest palest black chick they can find to play her
>>
>>92023445
Really forgettable, it was rushed, characters got whitewashed & they cut out my favorite arcs
>>
>>92023445
>the last airbender

the title just sounds like a euphemism for airbiscuits
>>
>>92024015
Signs was pretty well recieved at the time, honestly I think the only reason it has the reputation it does now is because of how his following movies were so bad that people started reevaluating his entire body of work; most films don't stand up well to that much intense scrutiny, even good ones.

The twist wasn't even that bad as it completely fit into the larger narrative of the work, it was not in my opinion supposed to be a literal science fiction explanation rather than a plot point that tied into the arc of the main characters.
>>
File: sol.jpg (12KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
sol.jpg
12KB, 274x184px
>>92023972
>If there was any modern film I'd want on the new MST3K, "The Happening" would be it.

Just get the fucking Rifftrax and don't support shit.
>>
>>92023906
>MUH HOLY WATER MUH RELIGIOUS ALLEGORIES
I've seen an interesting theory which postulates that the humans are the threat to the aliens who are just stranded on an hostile planet.

It was well argumented.
>>
So oong...are you the ovatar?
>>
>>92023906

Is it any less retarded than H G Wells having Aliens not taking precautions against germs?

Yes. Yes it is. HG Wells is a far far better than M Night.
>>
>>92024728
War of the worlds was written 100 years before signs was made, we didn't even have penicillin yet.
>>
>>92023906
Weren't they in like Kansas though and only after that one priest and his family for whatever reason?
>>
File: last airbender rotten.png (169KB, 786x348px) Image search: [Google]
last airbender rotten.png
169KB, 786x348px
>>92023445
That's one ancientass picture of the Tomatometer.
>>
>>92024300

>most films don't stand up well to that much intense scrutiny, even good ones

In fairness, "The Sixth Sense" was a crap film; the only reason it is even remembered with and sense of fondness at all is the twist - which, while being one of the best reveals ever, did nothing to actually help the film's quality.

"Unbreakable" is the only actual good film in Shyamalan's entire body of work.
>>
>>92023972
The Village is fantastic. What the fuck are you on?
>>
File: 8965.png (111KB, 250x325px) Image search: [Google]
8965.png
111KB, 250x325px
>>92023445
What was his name again?
>>
>>92025102
How do you feel about Split
>>
>>92025550
Ōh-N-geh
>>
>>92025610
It's Ong. OONGGGG.

I'm honestly surprised no one's come out as a contrarian to support this movie like people support the Star Wars prequels as beacons of cinema or the whole D.C. debacle as of late.
>>
>>92025550
nigger noah
>>
>>92024258
>black

Movie water tribe is a bunch of crackers.
>>
>>92023445
Who should have directed it then?
>>
>>92025660
BvS is good
>>
>>92025550
JUST ONCE
>>
>>92025660
it has nothing to have a rivalry with
prequel fans are rivals to origi trilogy fans
bvs fans are rivals to mcu fans
no one gives half as much shits about being right if there's no one you're proving wrong in the process
>>
>>92027660
>no one gives half as much shits about being right if there's no one you're proving wrong in the process
This may be the smartest thing I've ever seen on /co/.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.