[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember reading sometime back that there was some kind of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2403.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2403.gif
1MB, 200x200px
I remember reading sometime back that there was some kind of fan project going on where they're individually taking frames from Rescue Rangers and rendering it HD or something like that. Is there anything similar to that for Ducktales happening? I've never watched the series before, and I'd love to experience it for the first time in this kind of unreal quality.
Also, isn't there some sort of ATLA fan remaster too somewhere?
>>
File: 1080p Closing Logo.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1080p Closing Logo.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
It is not a fan project, and it already happened some time ago - the HD release, that is.

Disney did some kind of godforsaken black magic and somehow managed to upscale the near-entirety of "Rescue Rangers" for a digital video release. (One episode remains in SD, presumably because of issues with the materials in the company's possession.) Near as I can tell, they cleaned up what I call the "Disney XD cuts" of the episodes - commercial break transitions are sometimes cut together to make things seem like one continuous scene, in addition to other minor edits - and upscaled them to full 1080p resolution. They reanimated the opening logo and remade the closing credits background, too; I would assume this was done to "HD-ify" those elements for whatever reason. In watching these releases, you can tell they have been upscaled and not properly "remastered". Given the age of the show and Disney's continued refusal to give a fuck about its animated TV shows, however, this is about the best possible release this show is ever going to get.

The 1080p release is available on both Amazon Video and iTunes; the Amazon version is of a slightly better quality. iTunes rips are available on public trackers, and last I checked, the Amazon rips are only on MySpleen.
>>
Oh, and in case you were wondering if this extends to other shows: "Goof Troop" got a similar treatment, though it looks as if that show was properly remastered. Someone posted screenshots from rips they found elsewhere and they look better than ever. I have no fucking clue where to find those rips, though.

(They also remade the opening animation stuff for that show. It looks awful.)

(And yes, this is a real screenshot.)
>>
For comparison's sake, this is a screencap likely taken from the show's DVD release.
>>
File: {S01E07} 08.15.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
{S01E07} 08.15.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>92023091

And this is a screencap from just about the same moment, taken from the Amazon Video rip of the same episode.
>>
>>92023020
>>92023040
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up. So what shows did they do it for?
I don't believe you about that screenshot despite knowing it must be real.

>>92023091
>>92023105
What sort of black magic did they use to do this? This looks absolutely beautiful.
>>
File: {S01E02} 09.27.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
{S01E02} 09.27.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>92023155

To the best of my knowledge, they have only done it for "Rescue Rangers" and "Goof Troop".

And yes, the screenshot is 100% real. Look up the episode "Cabana Fever" on YouTube; it is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but it it is there.

And I would guess that after cleaning up the masters (that they currently have), they just did an algorithmic upscaling or whatever. Everything looks a little too clean for a proper remastering.
>>
>>92022749
>I remember reading sometime back that there was some kind of fan project going on where they're individually taking frames from Rescue Rangers and rendering it HD

Wasn't that a fan project for Avatar: The Last Airbender?
>>
>>92023243
Yeah, other poster cleared that up. I must've gotten them mixed up in my head.

That said, what IS the status of that and where can I find it?
>>
>>92023210
>Everything looks a little too clean for a proper remastering.
Disney is well known for excessive use of DNR.
>>
>>92023210

A little searching on Amazon Video brings me this:

"DuckTales" - full series available; SD
"TaleSpin" - full series available; SD
"Gargoyles" - full series available; SD

And for the record:

"DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" available; HD
"A Goofy Movie" - available; SD
>>
>>92023342
So wait, does that mean there is a version of Ducktales as clean as the earlier posts, or does that only apply to the movie?
>>
>>92023371

Only to the movie, sorry. Everything marked as "SD" is available only in standard definition (presumably 480p).
>>
File: atla 1080p.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
atla 1080p.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>92023285
Have you tried Google?
>>
>>92023382
That's okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.
>>92023489
As a matter of fact, I haven't!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.