[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>May 1'st >still no word So, this really is it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 89

File: sonic comic.jpg (2MB, 1325x2038px) Image search: [Google]
sonic comic.jpg
2MB, 1325x2038px
>May 1'st
>still no word

So, this really is it.
>>
How the fuck did Furrydom: The Comic go on so long.
>>
>>92018595
Goodbye old friend.
I'll miss you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rcmeMxxGYw
>>
File: 1484688637501 (1).png (255KB, 495x484px) Image search: [Google]
1484688637501 (1).png
255KB, 495x484px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snqQlTaXsTc
>>
>>92018823
Fpbp
>>
>>92018823
Decent writing and likable characters can go a long way anon. It had it's ups and downs (and all arounds) but for the time we enjoyed it. It gave the world of Sonic something big when the games never did (until Unleash). Then, Penders and his lawsuit came and fucked everything so hard that a reboot was needed. The comics might have been declining in sales at the time but I remember the Reboot turning off tons of readers. Despite the effort behind the creative team, we still lost 10+ years of story and characters with no chance of getting them back. But like I said, it was a fun run.
>>
File: of life.png (216KB, 628x418px) Image search: [Google]
of life.png
216KB, 628x418px
>>92018595
The least they could have done was give a 10 issue heads up so they could wrap things up.
>>
>>92019421

Or anything really besides forcing them to end with something as lame as flashback issues. After abruptly ending the previous Unleashed story arc.
>>
I thought it was confirmed the whole "email to fans" thing was bullshit
>>
File: boxerhockey eggman.jpg (103KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
boxerhockey eggman.jpg
103KB, 600x776px
rest in popperinies to the spinoff we all got cheated out of.
>>
>>92019605
That design for Eggman is just great.
>>
that cover is a e s t h e t i c as fuck
>>
>>92019373
Also it should be stressed that even after the Pendering the comic was still in decent shape.

Problem is it left them on thin ice with sega and Penders being hurtburt about his plan backfiring and not getting untold riches from Sega/Bioware/Archie encouraged a buddy that also worked on the comic to sue for his OC Donutsteels.

Also Archie is seriously sacrificing all kinds of shit to the alter of the Riverdale show
>>
>>92020340
Oh yeah, forgot all about Penders's buddy, and Riverdale turned me off from the premise on day one. At the very least, we saw the Unleashed adaptation from start to finish while also getting a Fighters adaptation in there as well (didn't see Fighters coming in the comic at all, so the surprise was great).

Another thing that sucks is that the comics were the only way we would see Nack, Bean, Bark and Mighty anywhere in the franchise besides cameos, the Freedom Fighters had the cartoon but these guys? Long gone from now on. (Unless Forces pulls something big involving them).
>>
File: sonicisdead.jpg (47KB, 444x292px) Image search: [Google]
sonicisdead.jpg
47KB, 444x292px
>>92018595
Pretty bummed honestly. Bought the first #0 back when i was a kiddo and had a sub for like 15+ years. Moved away and still got every comic, special, crossover and mini until Genesis. If i could go back in time to when i met Ken at SDCC i would deck him instead of shaking his clammyass hand.
>>
>>92020855
What year did you met him? Can't attack the guy if he technically didn't do anything yet.
>>
>>92019373
I'm surprised the reboot actually harmed the comics. Yeah, most of the people who bailed are those who'd never see their favorite characters again, but you'd think new readers would give it a shot, considering the problem they had with the comics had fucked off along with Penders.
>>
>>92020980
>I'm surprised the reboot actually harmed the comics.
If you look at the sales, it really didn't. It was on the same decline it had been on for a few years. The comic didn't dip hard until the three month hiatus a year or so back.
>>
File: you what.png (2MB, 700x1060px) Image search: [Google]
you what.png
2MB, 700x1060px
>>92020916
That guy's stories were shit from the start, man. He deserved a smack for writing garbage for impressionable youngsters.
>>
File: sss6_1.jpg (46KB, 254x404px) Image search: [Google]
sss6_1.jpg
46KB, 254x404px
>>92020916
2002 I think. I was poor as fuck but he was peddling Spaz original pencil sketches of some of the best old covers and credit pages. He was feeling pretty smug i think because he was working on his Knuckles series pet project which I'm embarrassed to admit I loved.
>>
File: espio knuckles nostalgia.jpg (24KB, 259x358px) Image search: [Google]
espio knuckles nostalgia.jpg
24KB, 259x358px
>>92021221
I read some of Knuckles as part of last years WSoP, that was some zany shit.
>>
>>92021221
>>92021319
Oh yeah, didn't he want Knuckles to be the main character which is why we have all those donutsteels echidnas?
>>
>>92018823
How are you going to play like Sonic represents furrydom the most when the fandom's early years was largely based out of comics.
>>
>>92021439
He pushed for Knuckles to get minis, so he could push the sales of those minis to validate an ongoing.

And then the ongoing tanked in less than three years and he blamed everyone but himself and basically dedicated half the main comic from that point on to his extremely poorly paced plotlines.
>>
>>92021479
You know, that looks really cute, but the Adults Only clues me in that I shouldn't read this shit.
>>
>>92021504
Actually the adults only thing is the because sex is depicted. Other than that, it's about the title character living her life when she starts getting involved with all sorts of crazy things.
>>
Someone on /vg/ called Archie this morning & was given this response: Everything is delayed & they're working on it.

Another anon called Archie & Was told: There was never an email about sending subscribers an update on the comic at the end of April.
>>
>>92022321
Still strange how we got nothing, pretty sure the people working on it also have to keep their mouths shuts because of contracts.
>>
File: tumblr_oig0z0Yajm1tlfjtro2_1280.jpg (648KB, 1000x1538px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oig0z0Yajm1tlfjtro2_1280.jpg
648KB, 1000x1538px
there was going to be another Honey issue too
>>
>>92021115
Remember, the 90 billion!
>>
File: Egg Bosses.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Egg Bosses.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
And here I was looking forward to seeing more of Eggman's new edition of his Egg Bosses.
>>
>>92020855
I always thought it was an amusing bit of irony that the earliest issues parodied the hell out of superhero comics, then years later Paul Kaminski unironically called it a superhero comic and treated it as such.
>>
File: brushie.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
brushie.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>92023237

I don't think anyone was expecting it to last more than a year when it started. Honestly Im still amazed it's even running at all.

I can't think of a tie in comic that's lasted a fraction as long
>>
>>92023258
I think Conan is the second-most prolific, but Sonic passed it in number of issues a while ago, and it certainly has it beat in terms of consecutive issues.
>>
I for one embrace our new Sonic the Comic Online overlords.
>>
>>92023334

Print is dead anyways. I can't think of the last time I actually even read a physical comic.
>>
b-bump, I'm still concerned
>>
File: a.png (733KB, 619x1054px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
733KB, 619x1054px
>>92022321
THERE'S HOPE

>There was never an email about sending subscribers an update on the comic at the end of April

The best part about this ruse is that any subscriber would've instantly called bullshit, but we're all filthy pirates.
>>
>>92021439
On one hand, you have Sonic, who has parents, an uncle, a backstory and everything. On the other hand you have Knuckles who has a very barebones backstory and spends lots of time away from the Freedom Fighters shit. Penders saw that an interpreted it as Knuckles being a blank slate he could do anything with. So he did.
>>
>>92023196
Especially since he recruited Wendy would have enjoyed seeing her and Thunder compete to prove who kisses ass more.
>>
>>92024836
Might be hard to win against someone who's literally a dog
>>
>>92024564
To be fair, I bought the book for years. I did have a subscription for a short time but quickly realized I could get the book faster through my LCS.

It's only after the Pendering that I called it quits on buying the ongoing altogether.
>>
It had a good ru-

It had a run. Ian Flynn is leagues better than most writers, but even after the reboot it seemed to have its feet in a bunch of doors.

At the very least, this is an important lesson for any comic company - never hire a Penders.
>>
File: Ian_Flynn.jpg (125KB, 749x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Ian_Flynn.jpg
125KB, 749x1066px
>>92025367
>I can't believe we put up with that autistic manchild for so long, let's make sure we never hire another one of tho-
>>
>>92024596
>who has parents
He didn't have those until Ken gave him parents.
>a backstory
Beyond meeting the FFs and helping them, he didn't have that either until Ken added it.

The real answer is Knuckles is a spinoff character, so he wouldn't be policed as much, but he's still nearly as much of a major character as Sonic.
>>
>>92025601
They did weird shit with both Sonic and especially Tails, if SEGA gave a fuck you'd think they would've done something about Tails turning into the Hulk

There was just something about Enchiladas and Penders. A sick, perverse thing.
>>
>>92018595
Sonic Team could engineer that cover art into a Sonic Forces Collector's Edition.

they could bundle it with the few last issues of the comic
>>
It's gotta suck for Ian Flynn. Forced to do a comic about Archie sticking his dick into The (not)Grundy because the Sonic comics were grinded to a halt
>>
Gotta admit, I'll miss it.

Mainly for being one of the first comics I ever read.
>>
Was it really so that Penders told Fulop to sue Archie? Why would he implore him to do such a thing? What would Penders benefit from that? Wouldn't it ruin his reputation even further?
>>
>>92026791

Spite?
>>
>>92019373
>Decent writing

at no point in the comic's history.

If you think even Flynn qualifies as "decent" then evidently you've never read any other comics in your life. Maybe he was "decent" by the metric of Archie's Sonic comic, but when Pender is the "bad" end of that spectrum, that's a hell of a quality curve.

The book was NEVER objectively good by any rational measure.
>>
>>92026805
But what does it stem from? He won that lawsuit regarding those OC:s, so why even go further than that? Or is it unknown the reasoning behind it?
>>
>>92020340
>Bioware
wait, what?
>>
>>92026856
Flynn has easily been better than some of the shit churned out by DC or Marvel.
>>
>>92026909
Bioware did a Sonic RPG that was mostly trash and introduced the (not)Dark Legion with Julie-Su and Dr. Zachary/Finitevus expies.

Ken got butt hurt that his knock-off characters got knock-offs and went after everyone for royalties. He was way too late to go after Bioware, but it still put him on Sega's radar.
>>
>>92026887

Only he knows for sure. Maybe he's jjust drunk with power.
>>
>>92026925

Referencing is not the equivalent of good writing.

>LOL he referenced the OVA!
>LOL he referenced the MAH EMMEWUDS comics!
>LOL he referenced an obscure piece of production art!
>LOL he referenced the Mama Robotnik meme!

That's all Flynn does. He references things and passes that off as content. He's Family Guy-tier.
>>
File: Magnum Eyeroll.gif (976KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
Magnum Eyeroll.gif
976KB, 245x184px
>>92026986
No, he does a hell of a lot more than that. Plus half of those are by Jon Gray obsessions or in the Off Panels.

As I figured, you're one of those handful of very vocal fantards with a raging hate-boner for him.
>>
>>92027026
>As I figured, you're one of those handful of very vocal fantards with a raging hate-boner for him.

And you're one of those raging autists so blinded by obsession that you cannot perceive legitimate faults in Flynn's writing abilities.

See? I can use ad hominems too.
>>
>>92027058
No one wins in a Sonic thread.
>>
>>92019373
>>92026925
>>92027026

Ian may be good by the Sonic Scale, but "better than Ken Penders" does not mean he's a legitimately good writer.

He's just better than literal steaming garbage.
>>
>>92023237

>then years later Paul Kaminski unironically called it a superhero comic and treated it as such

Well golly gee, who the fuck saw that coming? It's been known for a long time that Kaminski was desperately trying to emulate the way DC and Marvel manage their comics, which is why the Worlds Unite crossover was such a colossal clusterfuck. And IIRC he left for DC Comics shortly before Worlds Unite was released.
>>
>>92026986
So you're just gonna ignore the character development, world building & other things Flynn does, huh? Whatever it takes to shitpost, I guess.
>>
>>92025367

To be honest, it's gonna be easy for comic book companies never to hire Penders. After that lawsuit stunt with Sega and Archie, he made sure to burn all the bridges.
>>
>>92027058
And here we go! Can we have a running tally on the use of "straw man," "mary sue" and the other terms you'll trot out in your attempts to prove you're a big boy?

Are you with the anti-Archie club, or were you one of those manchildren booted from Flynn's forum? The total disregard of what he attempted makes me lean towards the former, but the "ad hominem" drop so early on makes me think the latter.

Either way, eat shit. I'm so very sick of seeing you specifically pop up into every goddamn Sonic thread.
>>
>>92027111
>character development
Ona non-centerpiece characters. Because of """"""SEGA mandates""""""
>>
>>92027107

And DC can fucking have him.
>>
File: 1375176472180.jpg (628KB, 1500x2270px) Image search: [Google]
1375176472180.jpg
628KB, 1500x2270px
>>92027173
Nonsense, Shadow and Rogue go through crazy amounts of character development, even up until the end.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, they all go through some degree of it, so Archie pretty much just said "yeah, no" to that mandate.
>>
>>92027271
Speaking of which, is it true Rouge kisses him? Has that issue been out yet?
>>
>>92027137

>He called me out for using ad hominem attacks instead of substance in my retort!
>Better use more ad hominem attacks to drive the point home.

Pure, unfiltered Aspergers. But I expect no less from the Sonic fandom.
>>
>>92027137

>This turd tastes better than that turd!
>Therefore this turd is a gourmet meal!

That is the logic you utilize in defending Ian Flynn's writing ability. Wise up.
>>
File: Pathetic masculinity.jpg (282KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
Pathetic masculinity.jpg
282KB, 640x620px
>>92027271
Are you sure that's development and not establishing?
>>
>>92027111

But Flynn isn't good at ANY of those things.

His idea of pacing has always been shit and NEVER improved. Even before the Pendering, the Mecha Sally and Death Egg Chase arc had droned on for over a fucking year with no resolution in sight. Just Sonic chasing the Death Egg, "wah wah Sally", and never getting anywhere. And fighting the Krudzu over and over and over and over.

And after the Pendering we got that WONDERFUL arc where they spent half a fuckin year restoring their memories of the pre-reboot universe only to immediately forget everything and render half a year's worth of storytelling completely meaningless. "Character development"? Hilarious.

>It's not Ian's fault! That was the EDITOR!
>The EDITOR is the reason Ian has never written anything good! If he didn't have an EDITOR he'd be a good writer, I just KNOW IT!

Okay kid, whatever you say.
>>
>>92026856
>at no point in the comic's history.

I love this meme, because it's never said by anyone who actually read the early comic.

Please, tell me what's bad about Angelo DeCesare's writing? He set out to make good gag and adventure strips and he did a bangin' job.
>>
>>92027545
His long term pacing is terrible, but the guy wrote a couple of pretty good one and two parters. A couple of the Sonic Universe arcs are pretty good too. To say he never wrote anything good is just disingenuous.
>>
My favorite part of the "Ian was never good" shitpost routine is how everyone shuts up when actual knowledge of the book is required to discuss things further.
>>
>>92027271
I hate Amy and Shadow's my favorite

I can easily masturbate to this
>>
>>92027840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNXu6o2a2qg

Is this you?
>>
>>92027852
>white

Nope
>>
>>92027816

Seems like >>92027545 brought up several specific examples of Flynn's shit writing.
My favorite part of the "Ian is a great writer" shitpost routine is how everyone ignores when actual examples of his terrible writing are brought up because it's inconvenient to their delusions.
>>
>>92027545
>>92027683
If the comic continues, then he should just stop creating these extremely long arcs altogether and just keep everything in a few issues. That's pretty much what he was doing when he first started on the series and I still think those issues were his best work.

There's a reason the shorter arcs like the Fighters adaptation and the Universe arcs are more praised than the others.
>>
>>92027880
Yeah, just go ahead and keep ignoring
>>92027683
since it would require an actual discussion instead of listing points off at each other in an endless, spiraling series of shitposts. No need to acknowledge anything that isn't completely disagreeing with you in every way; it's easier and more fun to just shove words into people's mouths and continue shitposting.
>>
>>92025650

That was when Sega didn't pay much attention to the comic, which is why Archie was able to do all that crazy shit with the comic until the legal tangle with Penders, which made Sega pay more attention to the comic. The downside is, they were trying to turn the comic into a bland, lifeless advertisement for the games, but Archie's staff managed to make a sort of compromise (carry on with their own stories, but incorporate the plotlines from the games somehow).
>>
>>92027926
I mean, look at the shit they were soliciting: he was clearly heading in that direction because of the constant criticism of his arcs. The next "arc" of Universe was going to be four different one shots and the comic up to 300 looked to be mostly standalone stories as well.
>>
File: 1485100680567.jpg (73KB, 746x514px) Image search: [Google]
1485100680567.jpg
73KB, 746x514px
>>92027588
Anon, literally nobody gives a fuck about DeCesare except you.
>>
>>92027976
I think he was just doing one shot issues until 300 and then moving back to something big afterwards but I'm not sure.
>>
File: 1359762647000.png (149KB, 420x327px) Image search: [Google]
1359762647000.png
149KB, 420x327px
[F]
>>
File: Such is the case.jpg (65KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
Such is the case.jpg
65KB, 640x479px
>>92028067
Don't talk shit, bumpyhead.
>>
File: STH111.jpg (130KB, 437x670px) Image search: [Google]
STH111.jpg
130KB, 437x670px
Post the first issue you ever read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQhYFNqp4nE
>>
>>92027944

>someone disagrees with me
>brings up specific examples from issues of the comic to back his claims
>LOL must be a shitposter!

You're delusional, kiddo.
>>
>>92018823
This franchise predates furrydom
In that you might call it the instigator, but it didn't start out as it
>>
>>92027271
Shadow and Rogue only go through the character development they went throguh in the games
>>
>>92027926
His problem was that he wrote up this giganting fucking backstory and history of the world first, and loved it so much he wanted to introduce us to him as quickly as possible. He said himself he would try to limit the creation of new characters but he obviously couldn't help himself
>>
>>92018595
why cant archie just say what we know happened
>>
>>92028830
I think THEY don't want to admit it, not just to readers, but to themselves. I think they think they can salvage this mess.
>>
>>92023258
>I can't think of a tie in comic that's lasted a fraction as long

There isn't one. Sonic currently holds the record for longest running video game based comic tie in.
>>
>>92028829
No, it was a problem before the reboot. Remember the extremely long Iron Dominion and Mecha Sally arcs that meandered around for several issues without really doing anything?
>>
>>92028494

Issue 11. The one where Evil Sonic first appears.

Oh, to look back in hindsight at what that issue unleashed...
>>
File: mcfuckyou.gif (922KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
mcfuckyou.gif
922KB, 500x233px
>>92026791
Literally everything that Ken Penders has done in the comic industry after the lawsuit has been either out of sheer autism or sheer spite. He doesn't benefit from anything he does anymore but he's delusional enough to believe that he has some moral high ground and somewhere out there, he has a dedicated fan base that supports his every move.

It's not about reputation. The man is just a pure idiot.
>>
File: STH200.jpg (262KB, 640x1010px) Image search: [Google]
STH200.jpg
262KB, 640x1010px
>>92028494
Found it in a library when I was younger, devoured the thing. It was a little confusing, but I thought it was alright. I didn't start the comic in full until years later, after I had watched the SatAM series and was looking for more things like it.
>>
>>92029148

>Colored the empty space inside Sally's left arm the same color as her fur.

This comic could never do anything competently.
>>
Why is Archie even dragging this out? What, are you afraid this will hurt the sales of the comics you aren't releasing?
>>
>>92029826
I'm guessing they're just not quite done negotiating with SEGA
>>
>>92029365

If you look closely, there's no empty space, that -is- Sally's arm, just awkwardly positioned. The area outside of her arm was what got filled with same color accidentally.
>>
I just want the last Mega Drive issue. Is that so much to ask?
>>
>>92029892

More like they're afraid to admit it.
>>
>>92030014
I could see that. Maybe they're just absolutely 100% not ready to give up hope yet or are trying their best to break the news gently.
>>
>>92029892

This. While it sucks not knowing anything, I imagine they can't disclose details of an ongoing negotiation.
>>
>>92030014
Wouldn't be surprised, the only time I've heard of Archie it was always because of Sonic, Riverdale ain't gonna last long, after that what will they have?
>>
>>92027545
>That was the EDITOR

It was the editor's fault for the memories bullshit, retard. No one has ever denied that Flynn's written some bad stories before, but the idea that he's never been good is ridiculous.
>>
>>92019605
>boxerhockey
Holy shot it's been years since I last heard of that guy, what does he do now?
>>
>>92030375

Comics. He did Mega Drive and the Gumball comic.
>>
File: That many times nigger.jpg (50KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
That many times nigger.jpg
50KB, 720x576px
>>92030011
Crowdfund it.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (121KB, 884x899px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
121KB, 884x899px
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/05/01/archie-sonic-email-sent-after-all-states-theyre-working-on-the-situation/
Guess it's something
>>
File: DrunkIvo.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DrunkIvo.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
>>92030477
>>
File: omega is the best.jpg (102KB, 336x620px) Image search: [Google]
omega is the best.jpg
102KB, 336x620px
I will always love Ian for giving Team Dark some actual fucking personality.
>>92023319
I love that sword & sorcery's greatest hero was beaten by a 90's video game mascot who's had about three good games in the past two decades
>>92023334
Man, I stopped reading that after it was revealed Grimer was behind the anti-Sonic smear campaign... I heard it got a bit self-indulgent and tended to write certain characters as OOC and by that, I of course mean the female characters. I have it on good authority that Silver in the StCO universe is Ebony and Super Sonic's test tube baby.
>>92026791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OyrX11cMkE
>>92028494
Well, being British I didn't get the Archie stuff, but I think I read some of the very early issues on /co/ - Robotnik was fighting Sonic with badniks called Spawn-Mower
>>
>>92030477

Translation: keep hoping, and please don't cancel your subscription before we start giving you Archie books we know you don't want.
>>
File: 1454902972191.jpg (2MB, 1986x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1454902972191.jpg
2MB, 1986x3056px
>>
>>92028632
>Say one thing, giving examples of what you mean.
>Someone agrees on some points but disagrees with the overall conclusion and gives examples of what they mean.
>Ignore it completely and instead only reply when you can throw insults, ignoring the possibility of discussion entirely.
>"I'm not shitposting!"

Okay.
>>
File: 1454903232981.jpg (2MB, 1986x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1454903232981.jpg
2MB, 1986x3056px
>>
>>92024596
I mean he was kind of right. Sega had much less strict guidelines on what you could do with Knuckles vs what you could do with Sonic, which is why he was able to do what he did with Knuckles.

>>92030477
Oh fuck them.
>>
File: 6RdZPwf.jpg (24KB, 326x299px) Image search: [Google]
6RdZPwf.jpg
24KB, 326x299px
>>92018595
The Archie comics are the only place where Shadow is still taken seriously. Really don't want the Baldy McNosehair writers to ruin his character
>>
File: derp.png (94KB, 499x552px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
94KB, 499x552px
>>92030601
>Try to sketch a few days back.
>Completely forget what Omega looks like.
>Go back to it today.
>Try getting his proportions right when next to another character.

This guy is an absolute bitch even to sketch. Not because he's particularly hard to draw, but because every other Sonic character is noodly and designed to be vertical while he's a fucking square that's simultaneously taller than most of them but also short compared to a human.
>>
>>92030701

Shadow shouldn't be taken seriously. He's an edgelord hedgehog who uses a gun.
>>
>>92030179

You're still in denial.

Retard. : ^)
>>
>>92031135
>He's an edgelord hedgehog who uses a gun
Not since his titular game. Every Sonic character has had their moments of acting out of character.
>>
>>92030583
>only reply when you can throw insults

Says the guy who keeps calling everyone "retard". You must be positively CRIPPLED with Aspergers.
>>
File: incredulous patsy.png (270KB, 287x403px) Image search: [Google]
incredulous patsy.png
270KB, 287x403px
>>92031181
>Keeps calling everyone "retard."
>First one isn't me and isn't even connected to this reply chain.
>Other two are a response to that post and your accusation.

I know it's bait, but can you at least try?
>>
So... marathon when?
>>
File: DESTINY.jpg (50KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
DESTINY.jpg
50KB, 720x576px
>>92031272
NOW
>>
Just got to reading post-reboot Universe. Shit's so goddamn good, almost makes me wonder if it was planned ahead of time unlike the rest.
>>
File: 1407800897672.jpg (495KB, 1256x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1407800897672.jpg
495KB, 1256x1566px
20 YEARS
>>
>>92031831

24 years actually, first issue of the comic came out on April 6th, 1993.
>>
>>92020916
>didn't do anything yet
According to legend, he's the reason why SatAM ended abruptly and never got the movie they wanted because he tried to boss SEGA around about it behind the SatAM crew's back.
>>
>>92032063
The initial miniseries started in November 1992.
>>
>>92032086
The tv series was cancelled because a network executive didn't like it. As for the movie, ugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhsOiyvfIWs
>>
>>92018595
Retailers know it's shitcanned m8. Ask your local Comic Shop Guy.
>>
Remind me again: when did the last issue come out?
>>
>>92032242
Universe 94 came out in January
>>
>>92032136
That's what I meant by "according to legend".
Supposedly, Penders was suppose to ask SEGA if they could get together with the SatAM crew to make a movie to end the series because Archie was still in communication with SEGA. Instead, Penders gave his pitch and more or less told SEGA that they had to use his idea because they didn't know how to appeal to Americans, which in turn ended up with the SatAM crew getting a letter that said "We tell you what to do; not the other way around. You aren't getting another chance".
>>
>>92032307
And the last non-Universe comic?
>>
>>92032333
StH 290 came out December 28.
>>
>>92032320

Wrong, wrong wroooong.

Long story short:

Ben Hurst approached one of SoA's executives about a possible pitch for a SatAM conclusion movie. She gave him a go-ahead and said they'll stay in touch.

Somehow, Penders got wind of this and asked Ben if he can tag along. Ben allows it, not knowing any better. Penders proceeds to make his own, hastily slapped together pitch and a PowerPoint presentation, and presents them to Sega's executives without Ben's knowledge or consent.

When Ben Hurst later tried to contact the executives they angrily shut him down. Only later did he find out what Penders did, to which Ken responded with "it would never come to fruition anyway, I know how movies are made in Hollywood".
>>
>>92032465
Jesus Penders is cancer incarnate.
>>
>>92032465
That's more or less what I was getting at; Penders went behind the the backs of the folks trying to do a SatAM movie, pissed off SEGA, and got the whole thing dropped.
>>
>>92032465
Wow... I hate Penders just a little bit more now
>Threw a fit because he wasn't getting his way
>Tried to piggy back off the comic without working on it via lawsuit
>Got his friend to try to do the same when his plan didn't work out
>Fucked over a movie that would have been decent
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>92032776

Terrible artist?
>>
>>92030477
Archie didn't send the update after all. It seems it was just one guy who got an email. No other subs have said they got an email.

It makes me wonder how many people even have a sub anymore.
>>
>>92031272
When it's cancelled or put on "hiatus" officially.
>>
>>92030477
Translation: No, we're TOTALLY not cancelled, promise
>>
File: OYY_VEYYYYYYYY.png (224KB, 314x344px) Image search: [Google]
OYY_VEYYYYYYYY.png
224KB, 314x344px
>>92022756

Penders was no stranger to cramming the Six Gorillion into the comic whenever he felt like building up drama in a cheap way.
>>
>>92024564
Been subscribing to the book since issue 10.

Was on the look out entire time. Still have no hope at this point though.
>>
>Prime Ian: 160-200
>Good Ian: 201-224
>Okay-ish Ian: 225-252
>Well Past Prime Ian: 252-current

His biggest mistake post-Pendering was trying to build another sprawling continuity when he should have focused on telling fun, simple stories. His Sonic Boom and Mega Drive issues are some of his best work.
>>
>>92033099
is this for real?
>>
>>92032955
Lupe's design isn't THAT bad, anon.
>>
>>92033569

Yes it is. And when people called him out on it, Ken tried to pull the "some of my friends are Jewish and they're OK with it" excuse which -no one- bought.
>>
File: Nazi_Dingoes-01.png (1MB, 622x831px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi_Dingoes-01.png
1MB, 622x831px
>>92033569

As real as pic related is.
>>
>>92034803

As much as I love that artist's work...his style -really- doesn't work with what are supposed to be dramatic, serious moments.
>>
>>92028494
Issue #49 and the Sonic 3D Blast special, also the first comics I read period. Even though I haven't kept up with the book in many years I'm still a little sad to see it end like this.
>>
>>92028494
Issue #16; the one with Sonic getting the three magic orbs after he saved that frog. I, for one, enjoy Sonic more when its a goofy adventure comic full of shitty gags and puns. The older I've gotten, the more I've hated the wanking over SatAm/Post Issue #30 seriousness.

Idk, Sonic just works better for me when he's a a fast running Bugs Bunny and not some troubled war-hero trying to grasp onto his lost childhood while simultaneously searching for the next big battle.
>>
File: 1493566614303.png (256KB, 315x404px) Image search: [Google]
1493566614303.png
256KB, 315x404px
>>92033721
>which -no one- bought
Because he has no friends
>>
>>92036245

Exactly!!
>>
>>92036104
That's 15. It's a good issue.
>>
>>92036104
>Idk, Sonic just works better for me when he's a a fast running Bugs Bunny

Then stick to Bugs Bunny.

>and not some troubled war-hero trying to grasp onto his lost childhood while simultaneously searching for the next big battle

Blame Penders for that one. Most other writers tried to balance Sonic out to be a hero who kicks Eggman's butt both for shits and giggles, and because he wants to help others.
>>
>>92037214
I'm not sure why you've gotta get defensive like that, anon. They're just saying they prefer that version of the character.
>>
>>92037343

Because it's tiring to see people demand Sonic be a vapid impersonation of a cartoon character from 70-something years ago, all because of an animated show that tried way too hard to be Looney Tunes.
>>
>>92037375
The video games never really presented him as being anything more than a smart-ass cartoon hedgehog fighting a guy who makes robots. Neither AoStH nor SatAM are good representations of Sonic as far as the games are concerned.

Though, it is weird that SatAM fans get incredibly defensive when people question why Sonic can't just be a goofy cartoon character.
>>
>>92030553
Boco, I know you have dealt with some medical disorders in the past and even now have some bias towards the Sonic comic, but please be considerate and try to show some empathy.

What if YOUR favorite brand of some media you were into was hanging on by a thread to survive and someone just walked in, turned on their trip, and proceeded to shitpost?
>>
>>92037459

Nah, SatAM is pretty overrated as a cartoon, especially when you take into consideration the fact that it was supposed to be a generic action cartoon with environmentalist messages, which happened to have Sonic, Tails and Robotnik thrown in for marketability. There's a good reason why Sonic's and Tails' designs stand out so much from other character designs.
>>
>>92037652
>Responding to any Boco posts
>Ever
>>
>>92037706
Boco's a cool guy

We share a lot of the same opinions when it comes to Shantae, Donkey Kong, and Sonic games.
>>
>>92030375

He's literally living his dream doing official sonic artwork for the comics. Well... For now.
>>
>>92037652

I am showing empathy.

I'm just saying that when this dies, Archie will desperately try to get people to keep their subscriptions and get their precious Archie reboot comics.

I'm honestly gonna mourn the loss, ultimately.
>>
>>92029077
The funny part is this whole thing isn't even a win for him. What he was really hoping for was to force Archie to pay him royalties because obviously the Sonic comic couldn't function at all without his creations. Then it turns out they just wrote all of his stuff out so they don't need to pay him royalties. So rather than the gravy train he was hoping for, he now has his characters but in order to make money off them he's going to need to actually work his ass off.

I think even he realizes his fanbase is gone (what few fans he had have basically left him over the lawsuit fiasco as well as his bizarre handling of the Lara-Su stuff) and he's avoided putting out anything because that would require actual work, but he still talks the talk in order to save face.
>>
File: penders-lara-su-cover.jpg (133KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
penders-lara-su-cover.jpg
133KB, 600x926px
>>92038974
B-but seeing Shattered Orro is my fondest wish! You're telling me this may never see the light of day?
>>
File: ken penders wedding gift.png (460KB, 608x758px) Image search: [Google]
ken penders wedding gift.png
460KB, 608x758px
>>92038974
It's possible he's aware of how little capital he has, but then again this is what Penders gave to his son as a wedding gift, so he may still be deluded enough to think people will cherish his work.

You're probably dead-on about him being too lazy to get any of this shit done, though.
>>
>>92039147
it better not thats stuff capable of ending lives just looking directly at it
>>
>>92037706
>Responding to any Boco posts
>Response isn't "Shut up, Boco"
fixed
>>
File: 449px-J-su1.jpg (223KB, 449x599px) Image search: [Google]
449px-J-su1.jpg
223KB, 449x599px
>>92038974

I'll still miss Julie-Su. She was radicool.
>>
>>92039685
I miss Sonic parents, it was nice to see he had such a wonderful loving family he could always speed back too.
>>
>>92037375
There's a big difference between "demanding" that and acknowledging that it's your favorite version, anon.

Even then, I wouldn't agree with that anon's assessment. Angelo and Mike's Sonic wasn't even terrible Looney Tunes-esque, he just cracked a lot of gags in Mike's case because that's how Mike writes. If anything I'd say early Archie Sonic reads like a far less offensive/graphic and much more eloquent early Cerebus. His personality, drama and action is pretty similar.
>>
>>92028494
My grandma got this for me around 11 years ago, I had no idea of what the fuck was even going on. 10 year old me was mostly confused about the second story in it, the only thing I could pull out of it is that it was basically a furry version of "Loss" with Sonic barely being in that story.
>>
File: Lien-da.png (116KB, 168x356px) Image search: [Google]
Lien-da.png
116KB, 168x356px
>>92039685

I miss her half-sister.
>>
>>92041628

's tits.
>>
File: Lien-Da_Promo_1_Small.jpg (213KB, 373x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lien-Da_Promo_1_Small.jpg
213KB, 373x800px
>>92041628
But she's back Anon, better than ever
>>
>>92042098
Hard to say which is worse: the design or that mangling of the English language.
>>
>>92042098
...You know, applying that costume and haircut to the actual Sonic-looking Lien-Da could be pretty cute.
>>
File: WTF did you say.jpg (54KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
WTF did you say.jpg
54KB, 1131x707px
>>92042098
>Starscream, arm the fusion cannons
>>
>>92042098
Get this visual pollution out of my face
>>
File: Weird.jpg (245KB, 700x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Weird.jpg
245KB, 700x1059px
>>92028494
I just remember thinking "Who's this skunk guy mackin' on Sally, and why is she okay with it?"

Also had the rest of the issues that finished up that whole arc, and I think that's what made me hate Geoffrey so fucking much growing up.
>>
>>92039247
....Isn't that the one where he had to trace over hte airbrush art or something, and he cut out the guys name?
>>
File: lien-da promo 2.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lien-da promo 2.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>92042132
>>92042324
>>92042365
>>92042482
You know it gets you hot
>>
>>92042553
Backwards. He airbrushed over existing art.
The entire issue was Ken tracing shit. All of it.
>>
>>92042613
Fucking really?!
>>
>>92042641
Well, there's a really obvious illustration by Spaz in there, but most of the issue is traces of production art for the tv show, previous comic art, and other random bullshit.
>>
File: penders steals credit.jpg (376KB, 1266x1024px) Image search: [Google]
penders steals credit.jpg
376KB, 1266x1024px
>>92042553
Yep. The piece he gave his son as a wedding gift is a framed print he's sold online before (so he didn't even go out of his way to give his son anything new and just gave him leftover stock).

The actual cover art in that frame is by Spaz, and it's obviously his style. Inside the comic itself he credits him with "cover concept" and then credits himself with cover painting, so basically he took credit for Spaz's work. Here's the kicker: the black box there represents what's in that frame, so he's been selling this supposed framed work of his with only his name on it.
>>
>>92042749

Yeah, that one with Sonic Tails and Sally was a Spaz cover, wasn't it?
>>
File: STH137.jpg (79KB, 391x600px) Image search: [Google]
STH137.jpg
79KB, 391x600px
>>92028494
(First time reading pic related)

Index Page: See evil looking Sonic with robot eye. Wtf?

First Story: Sonic and the Freedom Fighters (all the original members) break into Robotnik's factory, fight some modern looking swatbots, rescues a mobian prisoner, and then blows up the factory. IT JUST LIKE THE SHOW!!!

Second Story M25YL: Okay Knuckles (with a robot eye) wake up in a bed with a Encidna version of Amy (Julie-Su)? And two Sonics, one with a crown and the small one with a tooth missing calling the king sonic "dad"? WHAT THE HELL GOING ON HERE?!!!

Third Story: Bunnie and Antoine are (were) a couple!? Nice!

And OH MY GOD WHAT WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!!! 1/2
>>
File: Capture.png (219KB, 289x249px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
219KB, 289x249px
>>92042818
2/2
>>
>>92042098
Fuck you Panders!
>>
>>92042776
see
>>92042774

Spaz did the pencil sketch, then Ken airbrushed the rest and took the credit despite being a colorist at best.

But really, the issue itself is a horrifying Frankenstein of art nicked from so many different sources.
>>
>>92042847
Oh god is that Ron Lim
>>
>>92042555

This always reminds me of those creepy ass claymations from the 80's
>>
>>92042954
Al Bigley
>>
>>92043007

You mean Will Vinton claymation?

It's thanks to them that Laika exists, so give them the respect they deserve.
>>
>>92043091
never said they were bad, just creepy as fuck.
>>
>>92026986
>LOL he referenced the OVA!
I don't recall him ever doing that (though he DID mention on a bumblekast that he wished he could find a way to shoehorn a reference to pic related)
>LOL he referenced the MAH EMMEWUDS comics!
again nope (though the artist who did those comics also did art for the official comic)
>LOL he referenced an obscure piece of production art!
I'll admit that's accurate but never in your face
>LOL he referenced the Mama Robotnik meme!
no that's jon gray
>>
>>92027545
to be fair (given the quality of his shorter stuff) part of the bad pacing is due to the editors forcing a 4-issue arc writing for the trades thing onto him
>>
>>92043197

The same thing that fucked over Megaman.

I hate you Paul Kaminski.
>>
>>92027545

All this talk about how Ian sucks at pacing and no reference to the Mega Man comic?
>>
File: IMG_8126.png (842KB, 1316x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8126.png
842KB, 1316x981px
>>92022615
>Sonic Man
fucking kek, forgot he existed
>>
File: IMG_8127.png (401KB, 598x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8127.png
401KB, 598x301px
>>92028494
Shit like this was my first introduction but I made the conscious decision to start from the beginning using Youtube scans, then Sonic SCANF, so I guess the first issue I read was Issue 1.
>>
>>92044697
God I hate this artist's style. He's still with the comic, isn't he? He does the occasional Off Panel, right?

There's just something about how he draws expressions that feels a little too unrestrained.
>>
>>92032465
Ben deserved so much better
RIP
>>
File: StH233.jpg (55KB, 255x392px) Image search: [Google]
StH233.jpg
55KB, 255x392px
>>92028494
i came in during a real clusterfuck of a time. desu i only stayed for the badass art and for the sake of collecting. quickly it grew on me though
>>
File: IMG_8128.jpg (56KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8128.jpg
56KB, 512x512px
>>92044774
Jon Gray. He seems like a pretty cool guy, but yeah, his art is a bit too loose and cartoony. I think he left Archie a while ago, could be mistaken
>>
>>92044936
>pretty cool guy
he's a fucking brainwashed SJW. he's absolute cancer
>>
>>92045280
Bitch about things no one cares about somewhere else.
>>
>>92044774
Yeah, his stuff works fine for Off Panel but it felt too cartoony. The infamous slap in the post you're replying to probably wouldn't have become so infamous of he didn't try to make it so overly dynamic- if you removed the text and asked people to guess why she's slapping Sonic, with an image like that you'd get responses like "she caught him raping Tails while Antoine videotaped it"
>>
>>92045280
Huh, is this a new thing?
>>
>>92045673
Eh, it's not like it honestly matters.
>>
I first saw issue #3 I wanna say. Kinda floated in and out, I liked the characters but the writing and artwork usually were a turn-off. Then Ian took over, and suddenly I was enjoying it. Then the reboot killed the Mecha Sally plotline. I got back into it for Thunderbolt, sad to see it go.
>>
>>92044774
he left the comic twice: first time after the Sonics Angels issue (bitter blood between him and penders it seems); he came back during the 180s but outside of one short story (the one with scourge and Jules) his art was kept to Off Panel, where it fits much better (the 2nd time he left was shortly after megaman got canceled)
>>
File: RCO018_1465232225.jpg (361KB, 658x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RCO018_1465232225.jpg
361KB, 658x1024px
Why does Sega never use best bird as a boss for any sonic games?
>>
File: RCO019_1465232225.jpg (466KB, 658x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019_1465232225.jpg
466KB, 658x1024px
>>92046669
>>
File: 20170421_163332.jpg (663KB, 652x1027px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_163332.jpg
663KB, 652x1027px
>>92046688
>>
>>92046669
There's a lot of characters Sega never uses, for some reason
>>
File: 1392269092966.jpg (83KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
1392269092966.jpg
83KB, 400x518px
>>
>>92046688
>>92046719
Wow I get that Kukku is badass and all but he just let him do all that for free.

Is Naugus always this stupid?
>>
>>92047029
Over confident would be the correct term but yeah we can go with stupid.
>>
File: Lara-Su_Pro.jpg (77KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
Lara-Su_Pro.jpg
77KB, 540x309px
It's okay, once Sonic ends, Lara-Su will be there for you!
>>
>>92047029
I think he's just jobbing.
>>
>>92037793
Those opinions being "I enjoy media that contains attractive women and fun platforming"?

Every Boco post is either drooling over hot females, talking about how fun things are fun, or bitching about something that's not even worth the effort of typing on a keyboard. I honestly wish he would get permanently IP-banned, preferably range-banned.
>>
>>92047483
>That hand/wrist
I never noticed because the face is hideous enough on its own, but what the FUCK is going on there? It's like a shriveled piece of wax.
>>
>>92048170
AIDS babies.

Cordyceps.

That fish that swims up your peehole.

The Lara Su Chronicles.

These are the four limbs of evil incarnate. Face, wrist, story, existence, it's all pretty bad.
>>
File: Knuckles16.jpg (127KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles16.jpg
127KB, 484x750px
>>92028494
Don't judge me. I was obsessed with Knuckles as a kid.
>>
>>92042486

God, I fucking hated Geoffrey. One of the worst, smuggest douchebags within the comic, and only ever got what's coming to him near the old continuity's run.
>>
File: tumblr_o30icjx6si1r83ss3o1_1280.jpg (58KB, 581x181px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o30icjx6si1r83ss3o1_1280.jpg
58KB, 581x181px
>>92032549
>>92032573
>>92032776
>>92044805

Anything Penders touches contracts terminal cancer, it seems. And yet the guy is so fucking delusional that when he spoke about the issue, he claimed that Sega's CEOs actually gave "his" movie pitch approval.
>>
>>92050210

Oh and he talks big game about how Sega gave his pitch approval, but keeps filing DMCA notices to whereever the pitch is posted. He knows damn well how shitty it is.
>>
>>92018595
https://youtu.be/P6yz2L4a2SM
Must keep on moving ahead indeed
>>
>Penders denies making Knuckles into a Jesus allegory
>in one issue he's even depicted walking on water and inviting others to follow him
>>
>>92043144
>>LOL he referenced the OVA!
>I don't recall him ever doing that

He's thrown in "STRANG! ISN'T IT!?" once or twice as a reference to the OVA. I think that's it on Ian's part, though (other writers have referenced, from Knuckles' dumb hat to wholesale knocking off the Metal Sonic sacrifice storyline, but again, that's not Ian).
>>
>>92043588
>All this talk about how Ian sucks at pacing and no reference to the Mega Man comic?

>The game adaptations are the only part of the series that progress the ongoing narrative
>Condense them down to 4 issues
>The original material is just padding between game adaptations
>Stretch that shit out for 12 issues

I won't blame the constant crossover event interference on Ian, but his balance of Games vs. Original Content was terrible.
>>
>>92046815
>There's a lot of characters Sega never uses, for some reason

I maintain that the only reason Archie is still allowed to call Nack the Weasel by his US localization name, where as every OTHER character was forced to revert to their Japanese name, is because Sega has completely forgotten that they even own Nack/Fang.
>>
>>92052138
It might have been balance better if it Ian didn't have to wrap up everything every 4 issues
>>
>>92052162
>Thinking of a Sonic Heroes sequel sometime ago
>Thinking about how Team Hooligan would have been a nice addition
Would have brought back Nack, Bean and Bark back to the spotlight.
>>
>>92026986
>That's all Flynn does. He references things and passes that off as content. He's Family Guy-tier.
Kind of agree. He was best before the reboot, where he had to work within the existing continuity. Ian is good at that, but when you ask him to create something new, it kind of goes to shit.
>>
>>92052560

And Sega's response would be "who the fuck are they?"
>>
>>92026986
>>92052858

I've read Flynn's handful of TMNT stories in IDW's Nickelodeon cartoon tie-in book (Amazing Adventures).

He's EXTREMELY reference heavy there, too. Constantly quoting the 80s theme song and stuff like that. It's... cute, but still lazy shorthand for humor.
>>
>>92052858
Actually I take that back. I forgot he wrote Mega Man, and what was pretty great, despite also being clogged with constant references, but the Mega Man fandom is so much less prevalent than Sonic that it didn't come off as obnoxious.
>>
>>92019457
>both the current arc of the main ongoing and the Mega Drive mini-series got cancelled one issue before completion
This hurts the most. I could take the cancellation, but the fact that it completely cut off any sense of closure. Fuckin' ey.
>>
>>92053015
>This hurts the most. I could take the cancellation, but the fact that it completely cut off any sense of closure. Fuckin' ey.

After the Pendering, you think you'd be able to cope with it by now.

>No closure on Mecha Sally
>No closure on Death Egg chase

Stories being dropped unresolved mid-sentence is an Archie expectation by now.
>>
Sucks that the only video game-based comics available is Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers and Tekken
>>
>>92026856
The early strips were pretty funny, especially the ones Michael Gallagher wrote.
>>
>>92028494
>Sonic Mega Collection

Funnily enough, it was the digital comic bundled with that game that got me into it. The first proper issue I ever bought was probably 161, where Evil Sonic turned into Scourge, so the very beginning of Ian Flynn's run.

Fuck this thread brings back memories.
>>
>>92052138
If anything the parts about the games were drawn out and monotonous. It's fine to tackle each master individually for your first arc, seeing as they're going to become the bulk of your supporting cast and there's only six of them, but he kept doing it instead of writing interesting stories.
>>
>>92053968

Maybe it was editorial's decision?
>>
>>92055669
>to make everything four issues for trades
Yes.
>The actual structure of the stories
No. In fact, we know that's not the case. Spiritus Ex Machina has the clumsy back and forth between the A and B plots because the editor didn't want a trade that was two distinct stories, but MM3 was allowed to be 8 issues because it worked as two self-contained trades.

Paul's thing was mostly that he wanted four part stories. The way those stories were told is all on Ian.
>>
File: 1463906275224.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1463906275224.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>Ian Flynn is a hack

Excuse you?
>>
>>92050276
>>92050210
Reminder that in his "Sonic LIVE!" comic he said that an American created Sonic and that Yuji Naka was a janitor at SEGA HQ.
>>
>>92057078
I love this page, it captures how much of a threat Eggman is and why he's top dog.
>>
>>92057078
>>92057153
The flashing eyes on Orbot and Cubot just kinda irks me. Seems a little out of character to make them seem sinister.
>>
>>92052247
>>92052138
>>92053968
>>92055669
>>92055801
>everyone whining about the original content between the game content

Jumping immediately to the next thing works in games but not in other media. How would it work? "Augh, you defeated me, Mega Man, but I'll go straight to my next fortress and start my next plan!" "Oh no, I'll have to immediately go after these new eight Robot Masters and stop Wily's newest plan!". There's an entire world out there that's affected by what Wily and Light do, and the games could ignore it with no problem but in a different medium you need to show that, show what happens between the games and how the next one is set up. And aside from the Emerald-Spears the OCs in the Mega Man comic were cool.

The way Ian wove separate things form different games together was also interesting.

>Shadow Man, the alien robot Wily discovered and revived, was part of Ra-Moon's army and a subordinate of the Stardroids who were Ra-Moon's children and enemies of the Star Marshals who Duo and Evil Robot/Trio were part of until Trio betrayed them and sided with Ra-Moon which would have been the reason Duo fought him in MM8
>>
File: Uni-Uni Orbinaut.png (69KB, 262x259px) Image search: [Google]
Uni-Uni Orbinaut.png
69KB, 262x259px
>>92057078
>Eggman
>having servants from flesh and bone
Nigger, please.
>>
>>92057318
You realize two of those posts you quoted were about the game adaptations being the weak part, right?
>>
>>92057367
You can't tell me that in the entirety of Sonic's world there wouldn't be people and animals who would side with Eggman for power, glory, sharing the same ideals, and other reasons. Eggman loves robots but he's no fool who would turn down someone who wanted to help him conquer the planet.
>>
>>92057318

MegaMix did it just fine. Maybe because it had a good writer and Ian is just shit?
>>
>>92057318
>"Augh, you defeated me, Mega Man, but I'll go straight to my next fortress and start my next plan!" "Oh no, I'll have to immediately go after these new eight Robot Masters and stop Wily's newest plan!"

A. That's exactly what happened in the first 12 issues.
B. It worked fine for Ariga, because he bothered to make each scenario unique instead of repetitive.
>>
File: lets get crazy.jpg (80KB, 399x516px) Image search: [Google]
lets get crazy.jpg
80KB, 399x516px
>>92018823
I used to read it back in the 90's just because it was a "video game" comic. Same reason I read the terrible Mortal Kombat comics.

It wasn't until later that the furries showed up. Like post issue 60.
>>
>>92057466
You people who act like he's the devil are amazing, and I'm saying this as someone who felt he had a lot of problems with telling stories.
>>
>>92057466
I'm not saying that Ian is not shit, but in the interest of being fair, Ariga could also just tell the story he wanted, give it an ending, and not deal with Archie mandates

IIRC, before writing this comic, Ian also had absolutely no clue about anything Mega Man, where as Ariga was a lifelong fan.

And Ariga wasn't also crippled by a "tell each arc in exactly 4 issues" rule.

Would Ian have been less shit if he actually knew the source material before hand, and had free reign to write as he felt like?
(That's not a rhetorical question. I only know Ian's writing from Megaman, so I dunno if he has potential to not suck)
>>
>>92057589
>Ariga didn't have these problems.
>Stop calling Ian Satan!

You fucking what.
>>
>>92057629
>>92057648
Ian played all the games and read up about everything Mega Man before he started actually writing the comic. And yes, when you're working for someone you have to follow their rules or you're going to get fired, that's how it works. If Ariga didn't have strict guidelines and rules to follow more power to him, Ian did have those to deal with.
>>
>>92057629
Multiples of 4, not 4 specifically.

And the reason people use Ariga's manga as a counter example is because the way he approached the masters was a great method for reducing repetition and condensing stories. In a lot of cases, Megamix focused on more than one antagonist at a time. This allows for characters to build dynamics with each other, unique conflicts to occur, and it staves off repetition.

Imagine if the Mega Man 2 arc had instead been a sneak attack on Light Labs by the whole group. You'd give the 1bots something to do, introduce the 2bots more organically, and have more space for other elements from the game. The comic felt like a checklist rather than a story, which is the same problem Genesis had.
>>
>>92057841
So Megamix went even further from the games than the Archie comic did and had even less focus on Mega Man but it's okay because reasons?
>>
>>92057841
>You'd give the 1bots something to do, introduce the 2bots more organically, and have more space for other elements from the game. The comic felt like a checklist rather than a story, which is the same problem Genesis had.

I feel like maybe Ian felt obligated to give each Robot Master a portion of screen time, as a way of giving fans of that particular boss some fanwank.

Like, just for example, in the Megamix, Woodman showed up for two panels. He broke the Light numbers out of prison, and then got shot.

Ian's thought process was probably more "I can't let Wood Man fans feel snubbed! Better give him three pages of actual combat!" But he didn't consider that to do that for 8 bosses per game, he's gonna waste a LOT of page time
>>
>>92057790
>Ian played all the games and read up about everything Mega Man before he started actually writing the comic.
He watched playthroughs after realising the games were too hard for him. That doesn't really matter for making an adaptation, but he loves making references and callbacks. So, since he didn't experience the games himself, he ended up falling back on internet memes and obscure trivia.

>And yes, when you're working for someone you have to follow their rules or you're going to get fired, that's how it works. If Ariga didn't have strict guidelines and rules to follow more power to him, Ian did have those to deal with.
I can't believe Archie mandated that the Guts Tank should be a single panel. Also surprised that they told him to make the robot masters as repetitive as possible.

You gotta remember, the guy managed 4-part adaptations of Tails' Adventure and Sonic the Fighters just fine. It's his method on Mega Man that made those stories mediocre, not editorial. He approached it in a bad way.
>>
>>92057991
You've clearly never even read Megamix. Read it before being a contrarian.

Mega Man was ALWAYS the central focus of Megamix, and he told stories with a basis in each game without actually just drawing out the gameplay in comic form."
>>
>>92057589

You said it couldn't be done.

MegaMix proved it could.

Ian couldn't do it. It means he's a bad writer.
>>
>>92057455
There's no problem you can't solve by using a larger mecha.
NO
PROBLEM
>>
>>92057991
If by "reasons" you mean "storytelling that isn't boring as all fuck," then yeah. Repeating the exact same structure as the first arc made it a snore.

>>92058014
That and "staying accurate" was definitely his thought process, but it ignores that all the robot masters would be recurring characters anyway. Like, Wood Man shows up just a few issues later in the Ra Moon arc. A good writer has to understand that you need to prioritize a quality story and nailing things you only get one shot at (like Wily Alien) over giving a recurring character plenty of screen time the first time we see them. Shit, if it was more organic we could probably get more detail per robot since they wouldn't be squeezed into just four pages. It sure made Quick Man feel more fleshed out.
>>
>>92058098
It means he made an error in judgment or didn't consider the superior alternative. Every writer makes mistakes.
>>
>>92046669
I like Kukku. I was surprised how powerful he was at fighting. Looked nothing like he could.
>>
>>92057078
Nobody ever posts the follow-up where he's about to be experimented on for a new roboticizer.
>>
>>92053575
I got into it on the issue right before that one at 160. Truly the best possible time to start.
>>
>>92058098
>if nobody else does what someone I like does then they're all bad and shit
>>
Does anyone know where I can download all the comics on my phone by any chance?
>>
>>92052560
Sadly the reality is that Team Hooligan is pretty much an Archie exclusive creation and the three character's have no real affliation to each other in the games. So the chances we'll ever see a TH teamup in the games is next to zero even if SEGA remembers they exist.
>>
File: 0archie_rotor_LOVES_guns.jpg (395KB, 622x530px) Image search: [Google]
0archie_rotor_LOVES_guns.jpg
395KB, 622x530px
>>92057580
>>
>>92058881
Poor Rotor. He got fucked around with so much until the reboot.
>>
>>92058834
Bark and Bean at least have the fact that they both debuted in the same game together, but yeah, aside from that Nack was pretty much a lone mercenary.
>>
>>92058952
>Poor Rotor. He got fucked around with so much until the reboot.

As soon as Archie was made to adapt Tails' Sega characterization as the genius tech wizard, the need for Rotor completely evaporated.

Even after the reboot, they still can't think of anything to do with him because he's superfluous with Tails around.

Makes me wonder why they even created Rotor in the first place, when Tails was around since the start of Archie/SatAM and they could have used him as the tech guy from the beginning (like he was supposed to be).
>>
>>92059000
>Even after the reboot, they still can't think of anything to do with him because he's superfluous with Tails around.

Tails Builds Planes and Vehicles

Rotor Builds weapons
>>
>>92059000
Tails was never explicitly a boy genius or mechanic in the games, he just happened to know how to fly SONIC'S plane (as the original Tornado wasn't even Tails' plane). I guess they just didn't want him to both be the child of the team as well as the mechanic who builds their gear.
>>
File: super scope.jpg (27KB, 575x231px) Image search: [Google]
super scope.jpg
27KB, 575x231px
>>92058881
I like how it looks sorta like a Nintendo Super Scope.
>>
>>92059093
Let me be more specific. When I said "in the games," I mean in Sonics 2 and 3 (which was the only characterization SatAM had to go off of). He's very clearly meant to be the tech guy in Adventure onward.
>>
>>92059000
Tails wasn't classified as a genius in the games until Tails' Adventure, which wasn't made until after SatAM and AoStH and Archie began, which means they used him as the tagalong kid character. Rotor was created for that purpose in the meantime. And after the reboot Rotor is the guy who builds the weapons and bases and such. Tails is still the programming genius, Rotor handles the actual physical stuff.
>>
>>92018595
Why not push to and end on 300?
>>
>>92058957
Honestly Nack almost works better in a team roll. Putting him in a role of leadership just exposes how hilariously inept and egotistical he really is. Just my two cents though.
>>
>>92059314
Because reality is cruel.
>>
File: eggman_by_moonlightchaos-d3dvuib.jpg (766KB, 875x1038px) Image search: [Google]
eggman_by_moonlightchaos-d3dvuib.jpg
766KB, 875x1038px
>I'll restore Bunnie as good as if she have never had robot parts!
>I'll make these two deers into cyborgs because suddenly I'm a devil with fine print deals!
Explain this to me. I'll even pretend that robotization/legionization/whatever is a good concept for a moment.
>>
>>92058822

I think Tails-Kicks-Ass has an option to download comics in .rar archives, but you need to have an account there.

If you just want to read them, again, TKA or Readcomicsonline are both good options.
>>
>>92046669
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tails_Adventure
>>92052104
Fuck you, that hat is great.
>>92052560
Honestly, just bringing Nack back would be kinda neat, if only to have an animal character who's actually villainous
>>92053386
Aren't we on Injustice: Year Five or something?
>>92059314
Sonic the Comic had the same problem - the main writer wanted to tie up a few plot threads in his SA1 adaptation, but Fleetway went "Nah, we don't give a shit any more." and turned it into a reprint book for a few more years instead.
>>
>>92059461
Eggman repaired Bunnie? When?
>>
>>92059461
>I'll restore Bunnie as good as if she have never had robot parts!

Huh?

>I'll make these two deers into cyborgs because suddenly I'm a devil with fine print deals!

He installed cybernetic components mainly as a way to control them. Originally they had bombs in their parts, in the reboot they have the lock-up chips that paralyze them. The cybernetics also grant/enhance their special abilities, like Akhlut's psychic powers and Tundra's frost breath.
>>
>>92059541

That anon got confused, it was Naugus who removed Bunnie's cybernetics and replaced them with normal limbs, after accidentally blasting her with his magic that turned her cybernetics into solid crystal and nearly killing her. She was thrilled at first until she realized she lost something that made her a useful asset to Freedom Fighters.
>>
>>92047029
He's sick in this scene, he's being tormented by the spirits of the three jewish moms that made him
>>
>>92031760
ian flynn went and made a gigantic fucking bible for his new universe, with ton's of OC's and finding ways to cohesively connect every game
>>
>>92051951
I cheered when Ian rounded up all the Enchiladas and massacred them two separate times.
>>
>>92031760
It was. I can't remember the specifics but apparently he had the story worked out through a full arc, but the lawsuit disrupted it and it never saw the light of day.
>>
File: SonicCover_zps8ecc88fe.jpg (124KB, 445x550px) Image search: [Google]
SonicCover_zps8ecc88fe.jpg
124KB, 445x550px
>>92059752
>ian flynn went and made a gigantic fucking bible

He did that once before.

About a month before The Pendering and everything in the newly published sourcebook was rendered non-canon.

What a waste of effort and paper.
>>
>>92059970
I don't miss most of the old characters, but Mammoth Mogul, the Destructix, Scourge, Sonic's parents, Finitevus, and Enerjak will always hold a place in my heart.
>>
>>92059970

That Sourcebook is a good artifact, though, to show to newer generations.

>"Wow, this fanfic is AWFUL. These are the worst OCs I've ever seen."

>"Those are all from an officially licensed Sonic the Hedgehog comic that ran for 25 years."

I mean, just thumbing through that thing I can't help but laugh my ass off over how BAD every little bit of it is.
>>
>>92060092
>These are the worst OCs I've ever seen

That applies to every character that's not Sonic or Eggman.
>>
>>92059541
>>92059657
I still refuse to believe that Eggman is worse at fiddling with bionics than his own grandfather.
>>
>>92060381
worse how?
>>
>>92060434

In old continuity, he stole Uncle Chuck's roboticizer and modified it to be able to enslave whoever it was used on, it wasn't his creation.

In new continuity, Eggman openly admits he doesn't know what's wrong with Cassia which is why her cybernetics have only slowed down her illness instead of halting it altogether, even saying he's not "that kind of doctor".
>>
>>92060492
What kind of illness is it? I don't think fiddling with mechanical things is the same as fiddling with diseases, faulty genes, or crippling disorders.
>>
>>92060492
Eggman doesn't care about her illness or curing it. He did it solely to have power over the sisters and keep them in line as his Egg Bosses.
>>
>>92059314
Yes anon, just keep publishing while your license has been revoked. SURELY there will be no consequences to this.
>>
>>92059970
I'll never understand this sentiment. Being released right before the end means it'll never be irrelevant.
>>
>>92057367
Most of them are cyborgs.

Cyborgs that depend on the Doctor to remain intact and functioning.
>>
>>92060748

I know, but he adds that he doesn't know what's Cassia's issue that his cybernetics were unable to halt it. And he was well aware that the only reason they approached him was to get Cassia cured, not out of loyalty.
>>
File: Masterplan.jpg (1MB, 992x2936px) Image search: [Google]
Masterplan.jpg
1MB, 992x2936px
I remember reading this page on /co/ and thinking, whatever, pretty standard villain stuff. Then I read the actual issue a year later and it broke my goddamn heart.

The worst part is that in Sonic you don't get a happy ending, the universe implodes and you fucking die.
>>
>ended before they could do Lost World

I was interested in seeing how Ian could make the Deadly Six better and more interesting.

>no more Universe

This is the biggest kicker.
>>
>>92062188
Going by the second crossover, it definitely felt like he was trying to give them a "dysfunctional family" vibe with how they'd bicker.

But fuck them, that's more than they deserve
>>
>>92062188

I'm not gonna believe it's ended until Archie comes out with the statement.

Not sure if that should be considered optimistic or stupid.
>>
>>92058822
/vg/ has a mega download of all of them in their pastebin.
>>
>>92032465
I didn't know it was possible to hate this man more than I do.

>>92062167
I wish that he got half as sinister as this in the games, and that he had somewhat competent henchman.
>>
>>92062428
>only has up to 279 and 82
>>
File: StH-290OffPanel.png (4MB, 1898x1036px) Image search: [Google]
StH-290OffPanel.png
4MB, 1898x1036px
I still find it amusing that the final issue of the comic went out on a cameo appearance by Ed Roth's Rat Fink.
>>
>>92062640
Someone said recently they were gonna update it, but I guess they lied or forgot.
>>
>>92062473

Ken's inability to acknowledge his fuckups is what makes him so goddamn infuriating.
>>
File: Gamma by Max Echidna Bat.jpg (369KB, 1207x1737px) Image search: [Google]
Gamma by Max Echidna Bat.jpg
369KB, 1207x1737px
>>92060904
I like my "cyborgs" with cybernetics outside and organics inside.
>>
>>92046959
>love Shard
>pendered
>Gemerl is a kinda replacement
>isn't the same, but like him anyways
>book dies
Can't I have one Sonic robot with some Sonic attitude?
>>
All this talk of Archie!Nack is reminding me of that stupid fanfic I almost wrote where my shitty OC dated Nic the Weasel.
>>
>>92059419
But just imagine the dynamics, you have Nack trying to lord over the others, Bean being... bean and Bark trying to keep things on track. But yea, as much as I want it, Sega probably forgot all about them.
>>
>>92063926
>Bean being... bean
Isn't that the personality Archie gave him though? SEGA's writers could go in a different direction.
>>
>>92063717
Tells us more, you're among friends.
>>
>>92064005
I'll admit, I'm at a lost on what Sega could do with him, got any ideas?
>>
File: Eggman_madness01.png (1MB, 808x910px) Image search: [Google]
Eggman_madness01.png
1MB, 808x910px
>>92064040
He did loose it once, and what's this about molesting Cream?
>>
>>92032465
I worked with a guy like this.

We were putting together a comic pitch based off a story I wrote, and one of the artists, who as of that time had not put together ANY material he was supposed to contribute, took my notes and summaries the artists had to work with and went and pitched the story himself, without my knowledge, to some companies. In the pitch he lists himself as cocreator of the IP and I flipped my shit when I found out and fired him.
>>
>>92064115
He didn't molest Cream, he was just giving a scenario.
>>
>>92064195
Ah, my bad, must have misread it.
>>
>>92062167

That's really fucking cold, and I love it. Comics Eggman is an amazing villain.
>>
>>92064017
I think I know what Anon is talking abooooout!
>>
File: 09.jpg (286KB, 1000x1538px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
286KB, 1000x1538px
>>92052962

>it didn't come off as obnoxious.
>>
>>92065727
I can't help but see him as a brown-haired Johnny Bravo without his helmet
>>
>>92064017
>>92065605
Ha ha... yeah, that's me.

Damn it, why am I thinking of ways to make this idea not completely lame?
>>
>>92065862
follow your dream, buddy
>>
>>92028494
Issue 0, came with one of my issues of EGM back in 91 or 92.
>>
>>92057078
>>92058436
Holy shit please post that page
>>
File: mm8_proto-man.png (112KB, 335x565px) Image search: [Google]
mm8_proto-man.png
112KB, 335x565px
>>92065839
whoa mama
>>
File: RCO019_1466004642.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019_1466004642.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Really wonder what that new way was for the roboticization.
>>
>>92067964
>we will never know what happened to tassel boy
Fate is cruel
>>
>>92022615
They finally dropped the pretense and made Knuckles a brotha.
>>
>>92030564
Is that a fucking pink-tinged Doom's Eye?
>>
>>92062473
He does pretty well in the Adventure games, though admittedly a lot of that is Deem Bristow's voicework.
>>
>>92068708

It's Death's Eye. Black Death being the guy who assumed control after Black Doom died.
>>
>>92068960
Yeah, I think it was the voice that sold it best for me. Tails's fight with him was probably the angriest he's sounded.
>>
File: 1493458628810.jpg (547KB, 1120x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493458628810.jpg
547KB, 1120x720px
>>92068972
>Here's an OC Donut Steel who is just like the original but BETTER
>>
Legionization/cyborts are pretty lame, honestly.

Eggman in the games just stuffs animals in robot shells or makes his own robots. There's no need for this middleman shit.
>>
>>92069095

Black Death dies like a bitch so no, not really.
>>
>>92069095
Are you retarded?
>>
>>92028745
Not really. Though the internet probably spread it a lot faster.
>>
>>92069224
Ian pls
>>
I NEED MORE SILVER SUFFERING AND TEAM DARK BANTER

LITERALLY DO. OT CARE ANOUT ANYTHING ELSE THESE TWO CONCEPTS ARE PURE PACKAGES AND NEED TO EXIST
>>
>>92069095
How did that imply he did anything better?
>>
>>92069431
Ah, so you are retarded
>>
>>92069095
If Sega didn't kill cool things the instant they appear, they wouldn't have to make up an OC donut steel.
>>
>>92069095
According to the writer, it was originally just Black Doom.

Sega nixed it, so he went "Fuck it, it's his brother Steve, I don't care."
>>
>>92065862
Well now that was a read. Thanks for sharing, hope your story telling gets better.
>>
>>92068210
I liked to think of it like how in Pokemon XD, they were able to create a Shadow Lugia that couldn't be purified, so in this case they would have a Roboticizer were the process couldn't be reversed and be under complete control of Eggman.
>>
>>92031135
>t. Sonic
>>
>>92069657
I would have dropped the comic, not gonna lie.

Roboticization was a shitty copout for cheap drama. Bringing it back "but for serious this time!" is over the line.
>>
>>92069657

>they were able to create a Shadow Lugia that couldn't be purified

But you purify it anyways by shoving it into a maxed out machine.
>>
>>92070098
Yeah, after maxing out all the chambers. You couldn't purify it by normal means. The comic would have to introduce something to reverse the process since normal means of reversal wouldn't work.
>>
>>92070246

Which given how Ian write would take like ten fucking years.
>>
>>92069095
>I'm a fucktarded idiot

Black Death was another Black Doom-type of Black Arms who was busy harvesting Wisps from their home planet and mentoring Eclipse and his Dark Arms when they got the message that Black Doom was dead and the Black Comet destroyed. They left Planet Wisp and bee-lined to Sonic's world to avenge them. Black Death died like a bitch to Shadow's Chaos powers, G.U.N. destroyed their comet, and now only Eclipse and his Dark Arms are left.
>>
Well it was bound to happen eventually.
youtube.com/watch?v=iej5ui9SeL0
>>
>>92069904
How was it a "cop-out"? It's a progression of Eggman's "Stick animals inside robots as power sources" schtick from the games and was in SatAM and Archie since Day 1.
>>
File: What a beautiful day.jpg (46KB, 459x328px) Image search: [Google]
What a beautiful day.jpg
46KB, 459x328px
>>92069474
>SILVER SUFFERING
>>
File: Surprised.jpg (15KB, 267x209px) Image search: [Google]
Surprised.jpg
15KB, 267x209px
>>92072145
And cannibalism is a progression of growing cattle for meat. Sure, pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>92072411
Are you retarded?
How is eating a member of your own species on the same level as skipping the "insert animal into robot" step?
>>
>>92072411
>instead of using the animals as batteries for robots he turns the animals directly into robots

Feels like a natural next step to me. And your food analogy makes no sense because eating your own kind is not a natural progression from eating other creatures.
>>
>>92027926
That was the comic's big problem in the modern run: everything had to be big, and worse, everything had to follow specific formulas. A lot of this was on the editors, but on Flynn too. They created restrictions for themselves that they didn't need to, which only hurt the book. Whenever they broke out of those formulas, it was very good! The storytelling on its own was fine, but then shoved into very unfitting lengths and beats.
>>
>>92057466
Ariga got around it mostly by skipping the stories of the games and just telling whatever stories he wanted about the in-between. Even then, his tellings of 1 and 2 are easily his weakest arcs with the art carrying everything.
>>
>>92061100
I'm not sure why you're mad about this? Eggman's amazing, but his specialty's always been in robotics. He never did any bio-work like Shadow, it's not embarrassing to say Gerald was better at an entirely different field of science.
>>
>>92072500
I meant "eating sentients" in general.
Well gee, going from "put a flicky into it" to "put Bayblon Rogues into it" isn't a natural progression either; even game Eggman only got up to "quirky aliens", which are coincidentally small enough.
>>92072489
Only as much as you are.
>>
>>92073449
I still don't understand why you hate roboticization so much. You haven't explained why it bothers you, your stupid cannibalism analogy makes no sense in this context.

Eggman wants a conquered world filled with his machines. And instead of simply killing all the organics he wants to turn them into his mindless robot slaves.
>>
>>92073281
It's more about the admittance to his shoddy work and the following indifference. He could've admitted or denied it more completely.
>"You've got to me and now you try to pretend you didn't know the risks?"
>"A temporary setback, she'll get better. Just one more fix!"
>>
I only ever bought it in the hopes of seeing Sally's feet
>>
>>92073622
HE DOESN'T FUCKING CARE EITHER WAY, ALL IT IS TO HIM IS A GAME, HE PRETENDS TO HELP THEM BUT INSTEAD MAKES THEM BOUND TO HIM AS HIS SERVANTS.

For God's sake, what is with all the people in this thread being so fucking pendantic and whiny about stupid shit.
>>
>>92073622
But he doesn't give a fuck about them.
>>
>>92073535
>killing and roboticization are the only options because I said so
Sure you jest.
>>
>>92073682
>>92073691
>HE PRETENDS TO HELP THEM BUT INSTEAD MAKES THEM BOUND TO HIM AS HIS SERVANTS
>he doesn't give a fuck about them
Consistent writing much.
>>
>>92073721
I get the feeling you're only doing this shit for attention and (You)s. Maybe you can tell us how you would make Eggman's character be, his motivations, what he wants to do to the world and its inhabitants, etc.
>>
>>92033099
This is some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever seen.
>>
>>92073771
Yep, definitely trolling.

He doesn't care about them as anything but servants enforcing his will and plans. He'd replace them in a millisecond if someone better came along. They're not people, they're tools, to be used and if necessary discarded and replaced. He made Cassie a cyborg solely to make her and Clove 100% dependent on him and serve him to their fullest.

It really is not a difficult concept to understand. Why are you having such a huge problem with it?
>>
File: Freedom_Fighters_game_over.png (411KB, 736x644px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom_Fighters_game_over.png
411KB, 736x644px
Bad end. :(
>>
>>92035156
It depends. Jon Gray's original comics Chip & Walter and Time Trouble had plenty of serious moments where his style worked fine. But you're right when it comes to Sonic, his style is great for normal and funny but clashes hard with serious Sonic moments.

"SMACK-A-DEE-DOOSH" will always be awesome and hilarious because of that clashing, though.
>>
>>92073778
And I get the feeling that you can't have fun, just like this dull Julian-ish Eggman.
Let's put it as that: he's not threatening despite of don't giving a shit; he's threatening because of don't giving a shit.
>motivations and what he wants
What deepest lore? What's next, a backtory of why he came to be that way? Puh-lease.
>>
File: tails_remembers.gif (3MB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
tails_remembers.gif
3MB, 300x251px
I will remember you...
>>
>>92073851
>Why are you having such a huge problem with it?
You've already been answered above: cheap way to create conflicts and dilemmas. Cheap, used, faulty way, surely it'll work out this time around!
Bad resource management makes for a bad villain.
>>
>>92074219
How is it a "cheap faulty way to create drama"?
>>
>>92042365
Oh hey Priiiiiiiii-wait a minute!
>>
all I wanted was another story with the babylon rogues, babylon rising was among my favorite stories in sonic universe
>>
>>92072094
Did Sonic Battle sell decently or did it bomb?

I always thought it wasn't that bad of a game. I could totally see a more refined Power Stone-esque sequel on a console.
>>
>>92074219
I would like to hear good examples.

I believe your reasonings are perfectly valid. but I'd also like to hear an example in a story or comic where it fits your criteria.
>>
>>92023334
Ew, how much of a shit taste can you have?
>>
Remember that time Tails got cucked by Fiona? Good times......
>>
File: 9b9.jpg (869KB, 1829x1379px) Image search: [Google]
9b9.jpg
869KB, 1829x1379px
>>92066732
Don't have it, but I have Maw's establishing scene as the second best villain.
>>
File: Sonic_216_Thundarr_CPS_029.jpg (294KB, 1200x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_216_Thundarr_CPS_029.jpg
294KB, 1200x1087px
>>92069474
I'm still upset about not getting a resolution on what was originally supposed to happen with Silver, Mammoth Mogul, Edmund, and their future. I assume that once the past had been changed, it's possible that in the new timeline Mammoth Mogul would've never had a reason to reform, so Silver would've returned into a future where he has to fight his past mentor.
>>
>>92021504
It's just a soap opera. It's also pretty important to comics historically, being one of the three books that the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund was created to protect.

I mean, Neil Gaiman wrote the introduction for it if that tells you anything.
>>
>>92069474
>They gave Blaze a sex change, so when they raped her, it was gay rape
>>
>>92021504
>>92076610
Ah, seems he's posted it online: http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2004/06/remembering-kate.asp
>>
>>92018595
Does anybody have the with all the issues of all the comics in it?
>>
>>92073677
wut?
>>
File: ONE OF US, ONE OF US.png (1MB, 566x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ONE OF US, ONE OF US.png
1MB, 566x1600px
>>92074807
>what is existence Sonic's parents
>what is Make-a-Sally
>what is picrelated
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.