[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boy Wonder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1f0305e61b9ecd5e7d4a7248d0c91f55.jpg (324KB, 1701x572px) Image search: [Google]
1f0305e61b9ecd5e7d4a7248d0c91f55.jpg
324KB, 1701x572px
Who is considered the worst (in terms of characterization) Robin?
>>
Jason should've stayed dead.
>>
>>92018167
Stay mad tim fag
>>
>>92018167
'kay but why?
>>
pre crisis Jason and N52 Tim Drake
>>
>>92018132

Dick only because he is better as 'wing
>>
>>92018132
It varies, but at the moment, probably Tim.
>>
>>92018132
Tim at the moment

Before new 52 it was Jason
>>
Steph or Duke.
>>
I can't tell you a single thing interesting about Tim Drake aside from the fact that he's apparently a tech wiz.

Dick is the OG and graced us with Dickbats.
Jason was crowbar'd and became a younger fan favorite as Red Hood.
Damian is the prodigal son that I love to hate.
I like the Dark Knight Returns but Carrie sucks.
>>
Why does Tim even exist?
>>
>>92018132
from worst to best

tim>jason=steph>damian>dick

tim was always the most boring to me even more so in hindsight when pretty much all his appearance in non comic media writes him either like dick or jason

jason & steph were better when they got their own hero identities (or in the later's case took up a mantle that wasn't robin)

i always liked damian when he was paired up dick because it flips the good cop/bad cop dynamic batman usually has with robin

dick is my favorite largely because not only was he the one i grew up with but he feels like the only batfam member that actually grows as a character as well as usually being arguably one of the nicest people in the DCU

as for the others who became robin....

i never read anything with duke beyond the 4-5? issues he appeared in the time jim was batman so i don't know how he is

ditto with carrie TDKR is currently on my backlog

and was new52 huntress ever robin beyond the first issue of earth 2?

am i missing anyone else?
>>
>>92018206
He was a point where Batman failed. He was Batman's Gwen Stacy.

Bringing him back as an edgy Punisher clone was retarded and shortsighted because there's only one story to tell with him. Once you reveal that the villain of the story is him, that's the end. There's nowhere else to go.

And then the ultimate shitty move was not even making him a villain after that. Batman continues to work with him and just says "no killing OK?". Batman should consider him a fucking murderer and be trying to take him in. He's a symbol of Batman's complete and utter failure and they glorify him.

Tim would be even worse than him except he at least had some positive growth. Jason post resurrection is just a totally toothless non-character. Batmen-with-guns are already a dime a dozen.
>>
>>92019524
>He's a symbol of Batman's complete and utter failure and they glorify him.

because giving batman a no kill rule was a mistake.

it's fine for the lighthearted & campier interpretations like batman 66 but when you go into the dark & gritty territory it becomes a joke.

even more so when they ramp up the depravity of his villains to the point where batman not killing them or trying to stop someone from killing them just comes off as stupid
>>
>>92019897
Ah, so you're a casual.
>>
>>92020023
explain why the no kill rule isn't dumb.

I'd like to hear it.
>>
>>92018132
ass gun brain -tt-
>>
>>92019524
Anon, if you think that Jasin didn't have character development after being a vullain, you don't read a lot of comics.

At this point, he's more a character than Dick. And he has pass the Punisher stage years ago. At this point, you can blame him for being a Deadpool-lite, if anything.
>>
>>92018132
honestly? Tim
if you ask me to name all the Robins i prolly forget about that one.
>>
>>92019524
>Be me, Batman
>Paragon of justice and honor
>ask allies not to do bad things
>Wonderwoman killing is cool, though
>and Huntress is fine
>pretty sure Damian has killed before, but that's A-okay
>Catwoman's a thief and all, but she's got a nice puss
>Clayface is a former supervillain, but that's fine
>Azrael has been all murder-y before, but that's in the past
>Lobo? At least he's funny
>Killer Frost goes by Frost now. That's good enough in my book.
>JASON TODD? REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
When will you meme bandwagoners leave us Jason-fags alone? We've done nothing to you.
>>
>>92018919
Teen Titans
>>
>>92022312
I still don't get why people is so serously hating Jason as Red Hood. It's harmless to everyone but some Kory fans because shitty storyline decisions years ago in his book. He's not even in Batbooks often, and when he is, he is clearly in the background. I fucking love him, he's fun to read, but he's a C lister at best, much like Moon Knight, another one I like in Marvel. I don't get why even bother to shit on him.

I don't get the hate for Tim either, but I get that in his case, at least, certain dislike comes from mostly bad writting making him a mary sue, and some editorial pushing. But he could be nice with a good writer who can put him in interesting stories that could give him some confict.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 529x694px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 529x694px
Noghing good can come from this thread except robinfags triggering each other
>>
When are we getting the Tatsunoko series R.O.B.I.N. where All four Robins (and Steph, I guess) are on a hero team with unique tech. Dick as the leader, Damian as the prodigy, Steph as the girl, Tim as the techie, and Jason as the green ranger.
>>
>>92018132
They're all pretty bad. They've been around for decades and yet each of them seem to lack any meaningful positive character development.
>Dick, once an energetic acrobat, has become a disillusioned whore.
>Jason uses edge to cover up the fact that he's a zombie.
>Damian gains a personality-reset every few years.
>Tim is just Tim.
>>
Jason
>>
>>92019524
>He was a point where Batman failed
And it's still Batman's biggest failure. Jason coming back didn't erase that.

Till this day I still haven't seen a single good excuse about why he should have stayed dead and I now realize that you idiots are just whining for the sake of it.
>>
>>92022493
>I still don't get why people is so serously hating Jason as Red Hood
It's literally because he's popular, they actually admitted that it's the reason why he trigger them.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.