[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fav Spidey Game besides Spiderman 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4794.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4794.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
Shattered Dimensions being a close 2nd for me
>>
Amazing Spidey 2 tie-in gave us a different story

But that shit was critrizced

I appreciate the developers trying something different
>>
We got possible Sonyverse versions of Kraven, Kingpin, Shocker and Carnage
>>
File: 52795-Spider-Man_(E)-3.jpg (149KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
52795-Spider-Man_(E)-3.jpg
149KB, 1280x1024px
I remember this game's demo disc came in a cereal box.
>>
Spider Man Web of Shadows is the best Spidey game overall.
>>
>>92008773
Nah. It has some interesting gameplay decisions, but overall it was a heap of garbage.
>>
>>92008818
>Setting changes as the story progress
>Pretty direct storyline with almost no filler besides Wolverine
>Creative and fast-paced gameplay
huh
>>
>>92008818
>WoS
>a heap of garbage.
opinions this wrong shouldn't exist
>>
Web Of Shadows was really fun and probably had the best combat system in SM games overall. My main problem with it is that despite the aforementioned great combat system, most of the boss fights were really bland and forgettable. It's saying something when the most memorable and non-generic fights are first bosses in the game (Black Cat, Vulture, Wolverine). I can't remember a single outstanding thing about any 'the same boss you fought before but with symbiote now' fight.
>>
>>92009045
>Literally forgetting about the final boss
>>
>>92008884
How about
>shitty "monster infestation" story
>slow Spider-Man and at times ridiculous distances between the place the last mission left you and the next mission, so you have to webswing
>bosses that have way too much health and end up being boring
>dull, empty city (even USM one was livelier)
>repetitive "beat a shitton of enemies to unlock the next story mission" sidemissions (again, existed in USM but to a much less annoying degree)
>garbage voice-acting
>shitty-looking graphics, even by that time
>retarded morality system that serves pretty much no purpose as you could just be an asshole, then pick the right decisions near the end and get a good heroic ending

The game was absolutely fucking tedious and kept dragging at every chance it could. If it's your idea of "fast-paced", I'm scared to know what you consider to be slow.

>>92008969
Yours definitely shouldn't.
>>
>>92009121
*so you have to webswing for a ridiculously long time
>>
>>92009121
>>repetitive "beat a shitton of enemies to unlock the next story mission" sidemissions (again, existed in USM but to a much less annoying degree)
at least there were no fucking Johnny Storm races
>MEBBE AH SHUD RACE ONE OF DA FIVE SPIDA WOMYN
still haunts my nightmares
>>
Ultimate Spider-man is better than than 2. It's just a shame about the lack of story content.
>>
>>92009269
At least only one of those wasn't optional and it also was the easiest one.

If I'll ever repeatedly have to go to the other side of the city to beat up an X amount of Kingpin's soldiers for Black Cat, return, and then do the same things with slight variation so the next mission could be unlocked, I'd try to kill myself.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>92009269
>hating on Johnny's bantz
>>
I think web of shadows is super under-appreciated. Best combat of any Spidey game and the webswinging was solid. The two different fighting styles helped create variety. Also failing quicktime events was funny as fuck.
>>
>>92010100
Oh shieeeet, I forgot how funny were the QTE.
>>
I love the USM game over screen, it's so over-the-top how Spidey always makes the dramatic pose and just kinda gives up realizing he done fucked up
>>
>>92010100 here, fuck THIS guy: >>92009466 WoS kicks teh shit out of USM. Venom was unfun and shitty and the ONLY thing USM had going for it, combat was boring/tedious, draw distance and pop-in were an absolute nightmare and, unlocking any of the alternate skins was an absolute bore (those optional stunt races were trash). It was BY FAR the least interesting, least engaging spidey game that's been released and I will NEVER understand why it has such a reputation for being so good outside of you could play as Venom which I guess all these nerds have a hard dick for. Venom. Was. Boring. It's like playing the Hulk from Ultimate destruction with training wheels and on a time limit. What's EVEN the POINT.
>>
File: 1490584867925.gif (4MB, 200x208px) Image search: [Google]
1490584867925.gif
4MB, 200x208px
USM is fun but WoS is better.
>>
>>92010245
>It was BY FAR the least interesting, least engaging spidey game that's been released
you cannot possibly tell me this is more engaging https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOU6HVSL6a8
>>
>>92010419

For sheer entertainment value I think I'd honestly make the argument.
>>
File: ck.png (3MB, 1712x1022px) Image search: [Google]
ck.png
3MB, 1712x1022px
HELLO
>>
>>92010591
DIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!

Nightmares were had.
>>
File: crazypeter.png (69KB, 172x216px) Image search: [Google]
crazypeter.png
69KB, 172x216px
>>92010591
>tfw 9yo me stupidly insisted on fighting so it took me half an hour of instand deaths and my brother calling me an idiot to realize I should just run
>>
>>92005582
Green Jelly
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.