[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz: Busted and Blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Busted and Blue.png (2MB, 1242x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Busted and Blue.png
2MB, 1242x1920px
Too much rap, too much politics, too little 2D, too many skits. All valid criticism with legs to stand on.

But can we all just take a moment to appreciate how chill Busted and Blue is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KquCwSkgEjI
>>
>>92004266
>All valid criticism with legs to stand on.

No it's not.
>>
>>92004266
>Too much rap
4 songs on DD
5 songs on PB
5 songs on Humanz
>too much politics
Not really, Gorillaz have always been political. Unless you want to ignore the Tibet bitez, 911, stop the dams, dirty harry, O Green World, etc
>too little 2D
What you mean to say is he doesn't sing lead enough, as he appears on 15/19 tracks (not counting the interludes)
>too many skits
They are all short, and Humanz is still the second shortest album not counting the deluxe edition
/autsim
>>
>>92004266

I agree
>>
>Too much rap
>Too much politics
>All valid criticism to stand on
For a Gorillaz album? Yeah no, they've always had tons of raps songs and have been prominently political, anyone who says otherwise probably never heard most of their full albums.
>too little 2D
This is the one thing that is completely understandable and I agree is the albums largest problem. Gorilaz has always been known to have plenty of guest artists but in Humanz case the guest artists are put in front and center stage while Damon himself is underutilized.

Their previous albums have a good balance between Damon and the featured artists, but for this one it seems Damon himself was an afterthought in each of the songs. It's like Damon didn't even want to make an album and just used Gorillaz as an excuse to push some of his favorite artists instead.
>>
>>92006769
Their previous album was the fall and had only 3 features
>>
>>92006794

You know very well that The Fall isn't representative.
>>
>>92007568
It happened and you can't ignore it
>>
>>92007586

Sure it happened and I don't even particulary dislike it but it was obviously not very significant.
>>
>Ascension
6.5/10

>Steobelite
6/10

>Saturn Barz
8/10

>Momentz
4/10

>Submission
6/10

>Charger
6/10

>Andromeda
9/10

>Busted and Blue
9/10

>Carnival
3/10

>Let Me Out
6/10

>Sex Murder Party
7/10

>She's My Collar
8.5/10

>Hallelujah Money
5.5/10. I really think Damon and Clement were done a huge injustice by whoever mixed this track.

>We Got the Power
8/10

>The Apprentice
7/10

>Halfway to the Halfway House
3/10

>Out of Body
1.5/10, Jesus Christ it's so fucking bad

>Ticker Tape
6.5/10

>Circle of Friendz
4.5/10. Mediocre finish to a decent album.

It's average Gorillaz quality. You've got some heavy hitters like Andromeda and Saturn Barz, but a handful of tracks dragged down by terrible in-house mixers who can't keep a decent pace with the rest of the album. It sounds like a clusterfuck of samples 40% of the time.

It's almost exactly like their "Gorillaz" album in terms of consistent quality.

That said:
Plastic Beach = Demon Days > Humanz = Gorillaz >The Fall
>>
>>92007889
Dude Momentz is the best song on the album.
>>
>>92004266
I don't think the problem is too much rap, so much as it is not enough anything else.

They put the only two decent chill electronica tracks back to back. If they'd spread them through the album a little better it might have been nice.

And there's little to no experimentation with other genres in this album. No orchestral stuff, one barely reggae track, no punk, no latin, no classic rock etc

That's why it sounds so bland.
>>
>>92008894
It's the weakest De La Soul song I've ever heard
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.